本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
大家好。
Hey, everyone.
欢迎收听《驾驶播客》。
Welcome to the drive podcast.
我是你们的主持人,彼得·阿蒂亚。
I'm your host, Peter Attia.
这个播客、我的网站以及我的每周通讯,都致力于将长寿科学转化为每个人都能理解的内容。
This podcast, my website, and my weekly newsletter all focus on the goal of translating the science of longevity into something accessible for everyone.
我们的目标是提供健康与福祉领域最优质的内容,仅此而已。
Our goal is to provide the best content in health and wellness, full stop.
我们已经组建了一支优秀的分析团队来实现这一目标。
And we've assembled a great team of analysts to make this happen.
如果你喜欢这个播客,我们还推出了一项会员计划,能为你提供更深入的内容,帮助你将对这一领域的认知提升到新层次。
If you enjoy this podcast, we've created a membership program that brings you far more in-depth content if you wanna take your knowledge of this space to the next level.
在本集结尾,我会详细介绍这些会员权益。
At the end of this episode, I'll explain what those benefits are.
或者如果你想现在了解更多,请前往 peterattia.com/subscribe。
Or if you wanna learn more now, head over to peterateamd.com/subscribe.
好了,不多说了,以下是今天的节目。
Now, without further delay, here's today's episode.
本周回归的嘉宾是博士。
My returning guest this week is Doctor.
安迪·加尔平。
Andy Galpin.
安迪曾是第二百三十九期的嘉宾,那是在2023年1月,时间并不算久,当时我们讨论了肌纤维的结构、不同肌纤维类型之间的差异、肌肉肥大以及如何开始力量训练。
Andy was a previous guest back on episode two thirty nine, not that long ago in January 2023, where we discussed the structure of muscle fibers, the difference between the different types of muscle fibers, hypertrophy, and how to start strength training.
我之所以请安迪回来,是因为我们上次的讨论根本没有完成。
I wanted to have Andy back because we never really got to finish what we started in our first discussion.
而原因坦白说,是我们对肌肉的基本生理机制探讨得比我们预期的要深入得多。
And the reason for that frankly is because we went a little deeper than either of us expected into the basic physiology of muscle.
而且我要明确说,我对那次深入探讨毫无遗憾。
And And I wanna be clear, I have no regrets about doing that.
我认为这是我们播客必须承担的责任。
I think that's an obligation that I feel is imperative through our podcast.
我们的播客以深入探讨主题而闻名,这通常是其他播客所达不到的,而我们确实这么做了。
Our podcast is known for going deeper into subject matter than you'll typically find in other podcasts, and so we did that.
但这样做的代价是,有时我们需要花更多时间来讨论这些内容。
But the price you have to pay for that is sometimes you have to spend a little bit more time talking about things.
因此,我们在这次对话中就需要这么做。
So that's what we needed to do in this discussion.
所以我们从快速但重要的回顾开始,重温第一次关于肌肉细胞功能、肌纤维类型、肌肉肥大等话题的讨论。
So we start here by providing a very quick but important recap of the first conversation around muscle cells functions, types of fibers, hypertrophy, things like that.
但随后我们以此为基础,深入探讨了基质的构建。
But then we use that to go into the rest of the discussion, which gets into the construction of a matrix.
如果你听过第一次的对话,可能会记得我们谈到了不同的表型,比如力量举运动员、举重运动员、大力士、CrossFit运动员和短跑选手。
Now you may remember if you heard the first discussion, we talk about the different phenotypes, the power lifters, the weight lifters, the strong men, the CrossFit athletes, sprinters.
而在这里,我们系统地阐述了训练的原则,包括训练频率、强度、容量、休息与恢复等所有相关因素。
And what we do here is we build out the principles of training in terms of frequency, intensity, volume, rest, recovery, everything that has to do with it.
然后我们整理了所有这些信息,并提出一个问题:对于训练百岁全能运动员的人,该如何将这些内容结合起来?
We then organize all of that information and ask the question, how would you tie that in for someone who's training for the centenarian decathlon?
因为正如你所记得的,至少对我个人和我的患者而言,我们真正关心的并不是成为举重运动员、力量举运动员、大力士、CrossFit运动员等。
Because as you'll recall, at least for me personally and for my patients, we're really less interested in becoming power lifters, weight lifters, strong men, cross fit athletes, etcetera.
我们真正想做的是成为百岁老人中的佼佼者。
What we're really interested in doing is becoming centenarian to Catholics.
我们希望在生命的最后几十年里,成为身体最强壮、最健康、最有活力的人,能够像比自己年轻二十岁的人那样生活和行动。
We're interested in being the most strong physically fit able people who in the final decades of their life are functioning like people who are two decades younger.
作为提醒,安迪在孟菲斯大学获得了健康运动科学硕士学位,随后在巴尔州立大学获得了人类能量学博士学位。
As a reminder, Andy earned his Masters in Health Movement Sciences from the University of Memphis followed by a PhD in Human Energetics from Ball State University.
安迪是加州州立大学富勒顿分校的运动学教授,他的研究涵盖从整体肌肉到细胞层面的适应性变化,并已将这些成果应用于他长达十五年以上的职业运动员指导工作中。
Andy is a professor of Kinesiology at California State University Fullerton where his research spans adaptations from whole muscle to cellular level changes, which he has applied to his work with professional athletes for more than fifteen years.
那么,不耽误时间了,请享受我与安迪·加尔平的后续对话,这肯定不会是我们最后一次对话。
So without further delay, please enjoy my follow-up conversation with Andy Galpin, which will surely not be our last.
安迪,很高兴你再次回来,这几乎可以肯定不是所谓的第二部分,而是更多内容的开始。
Andy, awesome to have you back for what is very unlikely to be part two of two.
这仅仅是n的第二部分,其中n是一个大于二的整数,具体会是什么样子还有待确定。
This will just be part two of n, where n is an integer greater than two, and it'll be TBD on what that looks like.
在我们第一次的讨论中,虽然说实话相当技术性,但我认为它为我们今天要讨论的内容奠定了非常重要的基础。
In our first discussion, which I think truthfully was pretty technical, but I still think formed a very important basis for what we're gonna talk about today.
所以我预测,今天的讨论会稍微少一些技术性,但我们假设观众已经对之前讨论过的内容有一定了解。
So I predict that today's discussion will be a little less technical, but we'll assume that the viewerlistener has some familiarity with what we've talked about.
但对于那些可能几个月前听过但已经忘记,或者根本没听过的观众来说,花一点时间回顾一些主要概念可能很有价值。
But for those maybe who, A, listened to it, you know, a couple months ago and have forgotten, or B, are not listening to it, I think it's probably worth investing a little bit of our time in going over some of the major concepts.
所以请随时偏离提问的主线,但我现在想谈的一切,只是为了给大家提供足够的背景,以便我们能深入探讨你我早已规划好的核心内容。
So feel free to diverge from the line of questioning, but everything I want to talk about right now is just to give people enough background so that we can get into the meat of a discussion that you and I have already spent some time planning.
让我们先来解释一下肌肉细胞的形态及其功能。
So let's start by explaining what the cells of muscles look like and how they function.
当我们提到‘肌肉’这个词时,通常指的是一个集合体。
When we say the term muscle, what we're typically referring to is a collective group.
比如当你想到股四头肌或大腿时,实际上那里有四块肌肉。
So when you think about like your quadriceps or your thigh, it's actually four muscles there.
所以我们称之为四头肌。
That's why we call it a quad.
我们说二头肌,而不是说二头肌们,实际上它是由多块二头肌及其不同走向组成的。
We say bicep, other than do biceps, it's actually multiple bicep muscles and orientation.
总的来说,人类运动的方式是肌肉收缩,而肌肉末端会聚合成肌腱。
So in general, the way that humans move is muscles will contract and muscles actually at the end of them will come together to form a tendon.
这些肌腱会连接到骨骼上。
Those tendons actually connect to bone.
所以当你收缩肌肉时,它会拉动结缔组织——肌腱,进而牵动骨骼,从而产生运动。
So when you contract muscle, it pulls connective tissue, the tendon, that pulls the bone and you move.
因此,你的身体各处都有肌肉,从上到下都有。
And so you've got muscles throughout your body, up and down.
它们具有不同的走向和不同的功能。
They have different orientations and they have different responsibilities.
有些肌肉被称为抗重力肌。
So some are meant to be what we call antigravity.
所以这种肌肉让你一整天都保持活跃,它们产生的力量和速度都不大,但设计上不易疲劳。
So this is to keep you up all day and they don't produce a lot of force or speed, but they're meant to be non fatiguable.
而其他的则恰恰相反。
And others are the opposite.
比如爆发力、力量和推进力。
So explosion, power, propulsion.
如果你看一下小腿部位,比如小腿肚的腓肠肌,中间那块大的肌肉,当你脚尖朝向面部时,它就会明显凸起,它的作用就是提供力量、短跑和跳跃。
If you just look at like the lower shank, so the calf muscles there, the gastrocnemius, that big one in the middle, if you point your toe to your face that pops out at you, that's meant to be for power and sprinting and jumping.
而更靠下的那块肌肉,也就是比目鱼肌,则是设计为全天候工作的,让你能整天站立和行走而不感到疲劳。
And the one that's actually lower, near soleus, is meant to be on all day so that you can stand and walk all day and not get fatigued.
尽管这两块肌肉共同汇合成跟腱,环绕在脚后跟下方,附着在脚底,共同控制脚部的上下运动。
Despite the fact that both of them come together to form the Achilles that wraps around the bottom of your heel, inserts the bottom of your foot, and that's what makes your foot go sort of up and down.
总的来说,肌肉的作用是产生运动。
So in general, muscle is meant to create movement.
但肌肉实际上还承担着许多对健康至关重要的其他功能,比如促进体液的上下循环。
Muscle actually does a lot of other things, though, that are vital to health, including pumping fluid up and down.
因此,由于重力作用,血液会积聚在身体下部。
So blood will pool because of gravity towards the lower part of your body.
肌肉收缩在很大程度上负责将血液挤压回心脏和肺部。
Muscle contraction is in large part what squeezes the blood back up into your heart and into your lung.
它是氨基酸的储备库。
It is the amino acid reserve.
因此,这是你储存氨基酸的地方,以便用它们来制造红细胞、免疫细胞或其他任何细胞。
So that's the place where you store amino acids so that you can use them to create red blood cells or immune cells or anything else.
这同时也是调节血糖储存和所有碳水化合物的主要场所。
That's also the primary place actually where you regulate blood glucose storage and all carbohydrates.
所以我可以一直说下去,但总体而言,肌肉在身体中对于运动和信号传递都具有非常重要的功能。
So I could go on and on, but muscle in general has a very important function in your body for movement there and as well as signaling.
因此,这里需要承认的最后一部分是,我们通常将肌肉称为内分泌器官,意味着它会通过所谓的肌因子(myokines)向全身发送信号,有些人也将其称为外泌因子(exokines),尤其是在运动反应中释放时。
So the last part to acknowledge here is we typically will call muscle an endocrine organ, meaning it'll actually send signals out through the body through what are called myokines or what some people will call exokines if they're coming out as a responsive exercise.
这些信号会传递到你的肝脏、肾脏、大脑、肺部或其他任何部位。
And that's sending signal to your liver, kidney, your brain, or lung, or anywhere else.
所以,在整个肌肉层面,我们称之为这样。
So at the big whole muscle level is what we call that.
这是它的总体功能。
That's the general function.
在那之中,每一块单独的肌肉,比如比目鱼肌或你随便选的任何一块,实际上都是由数十亿甚至更多的肌纤维组成的。
Now within that, each individual muscle, so pick the soleus or whatever one you want, is actually made up of billions, if not more, individual muscle fibers.
这些纤维或细胞,其实是同一个术语,肌纤维、细胞、纤维,我会交替使用。
And those fibers or cells, that's the same actual term, myofiber, cell, fiber, I'll use those interchangeably.
它们基本上就是长长的圆柱体。
Those are actually just basically long cylinders.
所以你可以想象这就像一条马尾辫。
And so if you think about this like a ponytail.
所以我的头发已经所剩无几了。
So I don't have much hair left.
我知道,彼得,我和你一样。
You know, I'm in the same boat as you there, Peter.
但如果我有头发,你会看到一根长长的马尾辫,你会称它为一根马尾辫。
But if I had some, you'd see a big long ponytail and you would call that one ponytail.
实际上,马尾辫只不过是大量单根头发的集合体。
Really, a ponytail is nothing but a collective whole bunch of individual hairs.
至少我们可以这样理解骨骼肌。
And actually, can think of skeletal muscle at least.
心肌和平滑肌则非常不同。
A cardiac and smooth muscle are quite different.
但骨骼肌看起来非常像头发。
But skeletal muscle looks very similar to a hair.
它是一根又长又细的圆柱体。
So it is a long, long cylinder.
它非常强壮。
It's very strong.
在这种情况下,它确实会收缩,而头发不会。
In this case, it actually contracts where hair doesn't.
但这就是它的基本功能。
But that's the basic function of that.
在其中,你有许多执行不同功能的细胞器。
And so within that, you have a whole bunch bunch of organelle that do things.
所以如果你观察整个肌肉,实际上它被一层毛细血管网所包围。
So if you look at the whole muscle, what actually happens is that's surrounded by a bed of capillaries.
如果你谈论血液进入肌肉,它会通过一条大动脉进入,然后流经大量毛细血管。
If you talk about blood going into a muscle, it comes in via a big artery, going to go through a bunch of capillaries.
这些毛细血管真正地环绕着、渗透并进出整个发辫状结构。
And those capillaries are really surrounding and mixing in and out that whole ponytail.
所以它们遍布各处,围绕着单个肌纤维循环流动。
So they're kind of all over and so they're circulating around the individual fibers.
这会为你输送营养物质,比如葡萄糖或其他物质,同时排出代谢废物,比如二氧化碳等。
And that's going to get you nutrients in like glucose or anything else and get you waste products out, like carbon dioxide, etcetera.
在这个长长的圆柱体内部,毛细血管环绕着它,还有许多其他结构。
Within that big long cylinder, the capillaries are around it, you've got a whole bunch of things.
而最相关的是,你拥有一种被称为细胞核的结构。
And probably the most pertinent is you've got what are called nuclei.
这些被称为肌细胞核。
So these are myonuclei.
如果你还记得基础生物学,细胞核是控制任何细胞的核心。
So if you remember basic biology, the nucleus is what controls any cell.
因此,世界上大多数细胞只有一个细胞核。
So most cells in the world have one nucleus.
骨骼肌是独特的,因为它拥有数量庞大的细胞核,基本遍布整个肌肉的长度。
Skeletal muscle is unique because you've got infinite number of them basically spread throughout the duration of the muscle.
这赋予了你很大的可塑性。
And that gives you a lot of what we call plasticity.
因此,你拥有的细胞核越多,控制中心就越多,应对压力、损伤、适应等情况也就越容易。
And so the more nuclei you have, the more control centers you have, the easier it is to respond to stressors, damage, adaptations, etcetera.
这就是为什么骨骼肌如此适应各种情况——无论是正面刺激还是负面刺激,比如太空飞行、身体不活动,或者任何其他情况。
That's why skeletal muscle is so, again, adaptable to various, whether this is good stimuli or bad stimuli, like in the case of spaceflight or physical inactivity or whatever you want to be.
除此之外,当然还有线粒体,你在整个职业生涯中已经详细讨论过它们了。
So in addition to that, you've got, of course, your mitochondria, which you've spoken at length out over your career.
而它们正是产生大量细胞能量的关键。
And that's what's going to be able to produce a lot of your cellular energy.
最后,我们还有所谓的收缩单位。
And then finally, you've got what we call the contractile units.
使肌纤维相互收缩、挤压在一起的物质是肌动蛋白和肌球蛋白。
And so the things that make your muscle fibers contract together and squeeze on top of each other are actin and myosin.
这两种分子会相互伸展,肌球蛋白抓住肌动蛋白,将其拉近, literally 地压在自身之上。
And so these are two molecules that kind of reach up, the myosin grabs the actin, it pulls it together, smashes it literally on top of itself.
这就是为什么当你收缩二头肌时,肌肉实际上会变厚,因为你把东西一层层叠在一起,这要求肌肉在垂直方向上收缩。
And that's why when you flex, say, a biceps muscle, it actually gains height because you're stacking things on top of each other and that requires the muscle to go vertically.
所以,这就是肌肉的大致结构,以及它们在细胞层面的实际样子。
So that's I guess the big picture of what muscles are and then what they actually looked like at the cellular level.
这比我原本能做到的高效多了。
That was much more efficient than I would have done it.
我们再深入一个问题。
Let's layer on another question.
你对比了比目鱼肌和腓肠肌。
You drew a contrast between the soleus and the gastrocnemius.
虽然你没有使用确切的术语,但暗示了其中一种肌肉不易疲劳,另一种则容易疲劳,这当然又引出了另一个我们需要补充的分类。
And although you didn't use the exact terms, alluded to it that one is sort of slow to fatigue and one is fast to fatigue, which of course is now part of another division we would layer on this.
那么,你能从细胞层面解释一下腓肠肌和比目鱼肌之间的区别吗?
So, can you explain at that cellular level what the difference is between the gastrocnemius and the soleus?
我们通常把肌纤维称为单一的,但实际上它们之间存在差异。
We call muscle fibers one on one, but really there's distinction between them.
让我们简单回顾一下历史吧,我不会讲得太久,尽管我真的很想多讲一点。
So maybe we'll just take a quick jaunt back into history, and I won't make this too long, although I'd love to.
从显微镜发明之初,安东尼·范·列文虎克等人发现了许多东西,但你懂的,功劳归于他。
So all the way back to the invention of the microscope, Anton von Leevenhook, many people discover things, but you get it.
他获得了这项荣誉。
He gets the credit.
他最早用显微镜做的一件事,就是开始观察单个细胞。
Well, one of the first things he actually used that microscope for was he started looking at individual cells.
他最初观察的是鲸鱼、鳕鱼以及其他一些生物的肌肉。
He started looking at muscle actually in whales, in codfish, and a bunch of other stuff.
他开始注意到,这些细胞中有些非常小,有些则非常大。
And he started to notice that some of these cells are really small and some of them are really big.
这是人类首次真正开始从功能上区分当时所谓的粗纤维和细纤维。
And that's the very first time we really started to functionally distinguish between, at that time, it was just sort of big fibers and small fibers.
随后不久,他开始意识到,有些纤维颜色很深红,而有些则更偏白色。
And then pretty quickly after that, he started to realize, well, some of them are really red and some of them are more white.
因此,在长达数个世纪的时间里,我们基本上将肌肉分为这类纤维类型,也就是这些细胞,要么是红细胞,要么是白细胞。
And so for a big number of centuries, really, we kind of distinguish muscle as these fiber type or these fibers, these cells, either red cells or white cells.
要弄清楚这种差异的意义和重要性,花了很长时间。
And it took a long time to figure out why that mattered or what that meant.
但最终人们清楚了,那些呈红色的纤维之所以发红,是因为它们含有更多的毛细血管。
But eventually, it became clear that the ones that are red are red because they have more of those capillaries.
它们有更多血液流动。
They have more blood flow.
它们含有更多线粒体。
They have more mitochondria.
它们含有更多铁。
They have more iron.
所有这些因素都导致了这一现象。
All those things go into it.
因此,它们看起来确实是红色的。
So they give an actual look of being red.
其他的则含有较少的这些成分。
The other ones have less of it.
但此后很长一段时间,我们仍不清楚这在功能上意味着什么。
We didn't know for a long time after that though functionally what that meant.
如果你翻看一些旧教科书,或者曾经有位老教授在解剖学课上讲过,他们可能会把肌纤维称为白纤维和红纤维。
If you were to look back in some old textbook or had an old professor one from anatomy or something a long time ago, they might call fibers white fibers and red fibers.
因此你会听到他们根据颜色来区分。
And so you'll hear them distinguish based on color.
这是第一个区别。
That's the first distinction.
随着组织学的发展,我们开始拥有更好的显微镜和技术,我们逐渐意识到,等等,我们实际上可以测试单个肌纤维的收缩力。
Well, as soon as histology came around and we started getting better microscopes and technology, we started to realize that, wait a minute, we can actually test the individual muscle fibers for their power output.
这就是它们的收缩。
So this is their contraction.
所以,你把肌纤维从肌肉中取出,放在培养皿里,一端连接到力传感器,另一端固定在一个不动的装置上,然后将它们放入含有钙离子、ATP和其他多种物质的溶液中,这些纤维就会开始持续收缩,你可以实际测量出产生的力量。
So this is you take them out of the muscle, you put them in a petri dish, you tie one end to a force transducer, you tie the other end to a fixed unit, and you put it in a whole bunch of a bath of calcium and ATP and a bunch of other stuff, and those fibers just start contracting unlimited, and you can actually measure how much force is being produced.
因此,我们现在不再仅通过颜色——红色与白色——来区分这些纤维,而是根据它们的收缩特性来区分,这就是这个术语的含义。
And so now we went from distinguishing these fibers via color, red versus white, to now distinguishing them by their contractile properties is what that term means.
那么,你是产生很大的力量,还是很小的力量?
So are you contracting with a lot of force or a small amount of force?
事实上,力量并不是真正的区分因素。
And in fact, force wasn't really the distinguishing factor.
是速度。
It was speed.
因此,术语逐渐演变为将它们描述为快肌纤维或慢肌纤维。
And so because of that, we started the nomenclature evolved to now describe them as fast twitch or slow twitch.
这具体描述了肌肉收缩或抽搐的速度。
And that really specifically describes the twitch or the contraction speed.
速度。
Speed.
所以现在有两种方式来区分肌纤维:颜色或收缩速度。
So two ways to distinguish fibers now, color or contractile speed.
后来,我们逐渐发现了它们在酶学上的差异。
And then eventually we started to figure out their enzymatic differences.
因此,线粒体更多的纤维更擅长利用有氧代谢。
And so the ones that had more mitochondria were better at using aerobic metabolism.
这涉及碳水化合物和脂肪代谢。
So this is carbohydrate and fat metabolism.
这两种都需要有氧代谢。
Those are both aerobically needed.
而那些白色或快速的纤维则更擅长通过无氧途径利用糖酵解。
And the ones that were white or fast were much better at using glycolysis from the anaerobic part of the equation.
所以这发生在细胞质中,线粒体之外。
So this is in the cytoplasm outside of the mitochondria.
因此,我们现在可以通过酶学特性来区分这些纤维。
And so now we can distinguish these things via enzymatic properties.
你可以称它们为快肌纤维。
And so you can call them a fast twitch fiber.
你可以称它们为白色或红色纤维,也可以称它们为有氧或无氧、氧化型或糖酵解型。
You can call them a white or red fiber, or you can call them aerobic or anaerobic or oxidative or glycolytic.
同样,如果你在高中或大学时学过这些内容,你可能听过它们被描述为快氧化型或快糖酵解型。
Again, depending on if you ever had maybe some of this stuff in high school or college class, you might have heard them described as fast oxidative or fast glycolytic.
那么,为什么会有这么多不同的术语呢?
And there's this, like, why is all this nomenclature exist?
这正是所有这些现象发生的原因。
And that's exactly why it all happens.
所以回到最初的问题,这一点将变得至关重要。
And so to come back to the beginning here, this is where it's going to really matter.
最初,当分类刚提出时,看起来只有两种类型。
Initially, when the cestation was drawn, it looked like there was two types.
有第一型和第二型。
There's type one and type two.
这只是它们当时的叫法。
That's just what they called them.
第一型是慢肌纤维、红肌纤维、氧化型纤维。
And type one is the slow twitch, the red fibers, the oxidative fibers.
第二型是快肌纤维。
Type two were the fast twitch.
全部都是相反的,对吧?
All the opposite, right?
嗯,在20世纪50年代左右,我们开始意识到,等等,实际上还存在第三种独特的肌纤维类型。
Well, in the 1950s ish area, we started to figure out, well, wait a minute, there's actually a third distinct fiber type.
这种纤维类型更接近于快肌纤维,而不是慢肌纤维。
And that fiber type was more closely aligned to the fast twitch fibers than the slow twitch.
于是我们开始进一步细分。
And so we started to delineate a little bit more.
所以你有类型一,它们会远远地留在那边。
So you have your type one, and they'll stay way over here.
而这边则有2a型和2b型。
And then over here, have a type 2a and a type 2b.
它们彼此之间足够不同,需要被单独命名。
Again, they are distinct and different enough from each other that they need to be called their own thing.
但它们之间的距离比它们与慢肌纤维的距离更近。
But they're closer together than they are close to the slow touch fiber.
所以他们没有称之为类型三,而是保留类型一和类型二,是为了确保人们意识到它们彼此非常接近,但又确实不同。
So instead of why they called it type one and type two and not type three, it's because they wanted to make sure people recognize they're really close to each other, but they're distinct.
所以我们称它们为2a和2B。
So we'll call them 2a and 2B.
几年后,我们最终意识到人类并没有2B型纤维。
Well, some years passed and we actually eventually realized that humans don't have 2B.
因此,根据你当前使用的运动生理学教材,它们可能仍使用2B型的命名,尽管自1990年以来我们已有基因信息证实人类根本不存在表达2B的基因。
So again, depending on the exercise physiology book you might currently be using, they might still be using the nomenclature of type 2B, despite the fact that we've had genetic information since 1990, that humans don't even have the gene to express 2B.
所以对人类而言,2B是完全不成立的。
So 2B is just a non starter with humans.
然而,我们确实拥有被称为2X的纤维类型。
However, we do have what's called a 2X.
这是你后续讨论第二部分时需要用到的基础知识。
And is foundation stuff that you're going need later in the conversation when we talk about the second half.
因此,总结来说,人类拥有类型一、类型2a和类型2x。
So humans, to summarize, have type one, type 2a, and type 2x.
而猫科动物、其他动物以及熊类等,我们对熊做过活检,确实拥有2B型纤维。
Well, felines and animals and bears and stuff, we've done biopsies and stuff on bears, do have the 2b.
小鼠有2b型。
Muranes have 2b.
因此,大多数其他哺乳动物都有四种不同的类型。
And so most other mammals have four distinct ones.
它们在这类肌纤维上非常非常快。
They have really, really fast on these.
B型是超快的。
Bs are ultra fast.
2x型相当快。
2x is pretty fast.
2a型较慢,但仍然很快。
2a is slower but fast.
而1型则更慢。
And then one is slower.
所以如果你沿着整个连续体来看,基本是吻合的。
So if you run the entire continuum, it pretty much lines up.
因此,纯I型纤维通常含有更多的线粒体,且更不易疲劳。
So the ones that are pure type one have generally more mitochondria, and they are less fatiguable.
它们产生的力量较小。
They don't produce as much force.
从相对大小来看,它们确实会产生力量,但速度较慢,就是这样。
Well, they do relative size, but they're slower and they do that.
当你过渡到IIA型和IIX型纤维时,它们会变得更快,但也更易疲劳,因为它们更依赖糖酵解和碳水化合物代谢。
As you move to 2A and to 2X, they become faster, but they become more fatiguable because they're more reliant upon glycolysis and carbohydrate metabolism.
因此,这大致就是我们观察肌纤维类型时所关注的内容。
So that's generally what we're looking at with fiber types.
所以当你问比目鱼肌和腓肠肌之间的区别时,在大多数人类中,腓肠肌大约有60%到70%,甚至可能高达80%的IIA型纤维。
So when you ask the distinction between how does the soleus and the gastroc compare, the gastroc in most humans is something like 60 to 70 or maybe even up to 80% 2A fibers.
因此它们非常非常快。
And so they are very, very fast.
所以腓肠肌会产生快速的收缩,但无法维持太久,因为它们容易疲劳。
So the gastroc will again cause a fast contraction, but they won't hold on for very long because they get fatiguable.
比目鱼肌的慢肌纤维比例可高达90%。
The soleus can be up to 90% slow twitch.
因此这是一个很好的对比,因为人体大多数肌肉都是快肌和慢肌的混合。
And so this is a great comparison because most muscles in your body are some combination of fast and slow twitch.
但比目鱼肌和腓肠肌可能是两种极端情况的最佳例子。
But the soleus and the gastroc are probably the best example of the two extremes.
如果你观察小鼠等动物,可以看到比目鱼肌100%都是慢肌纤维。
If you look in animals like mice, you can see a soleus that is 100% slow twitch.
由于多种原因,人类从未达到如此极端的比例。
For a number of reasons, humans never get that far down the line.
如果我从某人的比目鱼肌取样,发现其中80%是慢肌纤维,我会惊讶地说:哇,这比例真高。
If I biopsied somebody in the soleus and they were 80% slow twitch, I'd like, wow, that's pretty high.
如果某人的腓肠肌中有70%是快肌纤维,我也会说这比例相当高。
And if they were 70% fast twitch in the gastroc, I would say that's pretty high.
这就是比目鱼肌和腓肠肌在肌肉生理学上的典型差异。
That's what you can sort of expect in terms of muscle physiology differences between the soleus and the gastroc.
再者,为什么这在功能上很重要?如果你的比目鱼肌受损,你不太可能一直站着。
And again, why that functionally matters, if you have a compromised soleus, you're probably less likely to be standing.
你会坐着。
You're gonna sit.
你可能整体上身体活动会更少。
You're probably gonna be less generally physically active.
如果比目鱼肌受损,就很难快速有力地移动。
If the soleus is compromised, it's hard to move fast and powerfully.
这种分布有多容易改变?
How modifiable is that distribution?
这是完全由基因决定的,还是特定肌肉中快慢肌纤维的比例具有可训练性?
Is it purely genetic, or is there a trainable component to the ratio of fast to slow twitch fiber in a given muscle?
这非常具有可训练性。
It's extremely trainable.
这仅仅取决于暴露程度,也就是刺激和时间。
It just comes down to exposure, which means stimuli and time.
你给予的刺激越多,给予的时间越长,它改变的程度就越大。
And the more stimuli you give it, the more time you give it, the more it will change.
不过,和其他任何事情一样,这里也存在一个极限。
Now, like anything else, an asymptote exists here.
所以,如果你原本非常缺乏训练、身体活动极少,甚至服用过Nud Extreme,或者打了两个月石膏,或者经历了太空飞行而完全不活动,这种变化会发生得更快。
So if you are very untrained and you're pretty inactive physically, maybe even take Nud Extreme, you go into a cast for two months or spaceflight and you're literally inactive, that movement happens faster.
但如果你已经训练有素、长期坚持锻炼,随着时间的推移,你的变化会变得非常非常缓慢,因为你已经接近了极限范围。
If you are pretty trained and well trained and months and years go on, you start changing really, really slowly because you get closer at the end of the spectrum.
但事实上,只要给予足够的总暴露量,肌肉的改变几乎没有上限。
But there is really, I mean, functionally no limit to how far they'll go given enough total exposure.
为了给你一些更实际的数字,实际上,比目鱼肌的改变是比较困难的。
To put you into, like, some realistic numbers, the soleus is kinda hard, actually.
腓肠肌则是一个更好的例子。
The gastroc is a better one.
假如你完全没受过训练,五年以上没锻炼过,然后你进行了八周的锻炼——我不在乎具体是什么运动。
If you were, say, completely untrained and you hadn't exercised for, say, five plus years, and then you did eight weeks of exercise, I don't even care what it is.
这其实没那么重要。
It really doesn't matter that much.
在这么长的时间内,我估计纤维类型会有10%到15%的变化。
I would bet 10 to 15% change in fiber type in that kind of a time span.
这并不算太夸张。
It wouldn't be that crazy.
抱歉。
Sorry.
为了确认我理解得对不对,安迪,这是不是细胞更替?
Just to make sure I understand what's actually happening there, Andy, is it turnover?
意思是,你只是更多地表达了II型,更少地表达I型,所以如果你比较这八周内的肌肉活检,实际上只是通过新细胞生成和旧细胞凋亡,将II型取代了I型?
Meaning, are you literally just expressing more type two and expressing less type one, so that if you compare the muscle biopsies across those eight weeks, you've actually just displaced two into one due to making new cells and apoptosis of the old cells?
非常好的问题。
Really good question.
通常来说,不是。
Generally, no.
有一个概念叫做肌纤维增生。
There's this idea called hyperplasia.
所以肌纤维增生是指你长出新的肌细胞,这在正常人类情况下非常非常罕见。
So hyperplasia is when you would grow a new cell, and that is very, very uncommon in normal human situations.
它可能发生在极端的离心训练中。
It can happen with extreme eccentric training.
看起来在长期大量使用外源性睾酮的情况下,这种情况可能会发生。
Looks like it probably happens with a lot of exogenous testosterone use over many, many years.
但在极端例子之外,你可以在细胞培养和动物模型中观察到它。
But outside of extreme examples, you can get it in cell culture and you can get it in animal models.
但在正常人类情况下,肌纤维增生是非常罕见的。
But in human normal situations, hyperplasia is very uncommon.
所以更常见的情况是,现有的肌纤维类型本身会发生转变,这有点复杂,我不确定你想深入到什么程度,但事实是,还记得我说过有三种肌纤维类型吗?
So what more happens is the current fiber type itself will transition its type, which is sort of tricky because this I'm not sure how far you want to go here, but the reality of it is, remember how I said there's three fiber types?
但实际上,这种说法也不准确。
That's not actually true either.
我们称之为混合型的,其实是一整套组合。
There's a whole combination of what we call hybrids.
因此,如果你观察任何一个单独的肌细胞,它的一端可能是完全的2A型,但另一端可能是我们所说的1型、2A型混合体。
And so if you were to take any one individual muscle cell, it might be entirely, say, 2A on one end of the cell, but it might be what we call a one, 2A.
所以这是一种单一的肌纤维,同时表达了1型和2型的特征。
So this is a single emulsifier that expresses both type one and type two.
根据细胞的长度,不同部位的类型可能会有所不同。
Depending on the length of the cell, there may be different spots.
因此,它们并不总是同一种类型。
So they're not always the same type.
顺便说一下,2A型和2X型之间也会发生同样的情况。
So the same thing can happen with 2A, 2X, by the way.
事实上,你甚至可能遇到三重混合型。
In fact, you can have a triple hybrid.
你可以拥有1型、2A型和2X型的混合体。
You can have a one two a two x.
所以这三种类型可以同时表达。
So you can have all three being coexpressed.
所以它们有点像多能性的,基本上具有差异性表达的潜力,是的。
So they're kind of pluripotent, and they basically have the potential to differentially express themselves Yep.
根据刺激的不同。
Based on stimulus.
或者缺乏刺激。
Or lack of.
好的,我们来谈谈你刚才说的这些内容如何影响我们接下来要讨论的关于运动员不同表现类型的指标。
Okay, let's talk a little bit about how everything you just said factors into some of the metrics we're going to talk about vis a vis different type of performance in athletes.
我们先从肌肉肥大说起。
Let's start with hypertrophy.
如果我取下我的二头肌组织样本,再取一个专业健美运动员的二头肌样本,我们的肌纤维会有什么不同?
If you took a biopsy of my biceps and then you took a biopsy of a professional bodybuilder's biceps, how do our muscle fibers look different?
在细胞和纤维层面,他的肌肉是否明显大得多?
Are his significantly at the level of the cell and the fiber significantly that much bigger?
他是有更多肌纤维,但每根纤维大小差不多,只是总体横截面积更大,对吧?
Does he have more of them, but they're about the same size, but in aggregate they're bigger in cross section of course?
是两者兼有吗?
Is it a combination of both?
这其实提出了很多有趣的问题。
Well, is a lot of really interesting questions.
我们以股外侧肌为例吧,也就是大腿外侧的肌肉,因为关于这块肌肉我们有成千上万的活检研究数据。
Let's use the VL, the vastus lateralis, the outside quad muscle, as a better example, just because we have thousands of biopsy studies from there.
你问了很多非常棒的问题。
So you asked a lot of really cool questions.
好,有几点需要理解。
Okay, a couple things to understand.
第一,统计肌纤维总数非常困难,因为唯一真正准确的方法是我需要把你的整块肌肉都取出来
Number one, counting muscle fibers total is a very challenging thing because the only true way to do it is I need to take your entire muscle
把全部都取出来。
Take everything out.
切一半,然后数一数。
Half and count it.
现在我们可以做一些估算。
Now we can do some estimates.
你可以用整块肌肉的大小,乘以肌纤维的平均尺寸,再考虑液体等因素。
You can take whole muscle size, take the average size of the muscle fibers, and then account for fluid and stuff.
但这种方法在最佳情况下也挺棘手的。
But that's sort of tricky at best.
因此,我们在动物模型上拥有很好的数据,比如猫、狗之类的。
So we have good data on these from animal models, cats, actually dogs and things like that.
在人类身上,这就很有挑战性。
Humans, it's challenging.
一般来说,快肌纤维——我们先简单分为快和慢,别把人搞糊涂了——其直径通常比慢肌纤维大。
In general, fast twitch fibers let's just keep it fast and slow for now and not confuse people are generally bigger than slow twitch fibers by diameter.
所以它们通常更粗一些。
So they're generally wider.
但当你把训练纳入考虑时,这一切就都失效了。
But when you throw training into the equation, that all goes out the window.
我分析过无数个慢肌纤维,具体数量都数不清了,但在那个人身上,它们比快肌纤维还要大。
I have analyzed I can't tell you how many thousands of slow twitch fibers, and they are bigger than fast twitch fibers in that individual person.
这能告诉我们关于这个个体的什么信息吗?
Now does that tell us anything about that individual?
例如,如果你观察一个极端运动员,比如一位尽可能发挥其慢肌纤维潜力的耐力运动员,这通常就是你会看到I型纤维显著肥大的情况吗?
For example, if you look at an extreme athlete, you know, like an endurance athlete who is getting as much potential out of their slow twitch muscle fibers as possible, is that generally the scenario where you will see remarkable hypertrophy of the type one fiber?
这正是关键所在。
That's exactly what it is.
因此,我们观察到的一个现象是,在经典的耐力训练中,会出现肌纤维类型的特异性肥大。
And so one of the things we see happen is fiber type specific hypertrophy with your classic endurance training.
所以目前先抛开间歇训练和其他因素,因为从科学角度来说,这些很难研究。
So throw kind of intervals and other things out the window for now just because scientifically, it's hard to do.
但如果你观察一位保持稳态的跑步者、骑车者、游泳者、赛艇运动员等,我通常会期待他们的慢肌纤维非常粗大。
But if you were to do your steady state runner, cyclist, swimmer, rower, things like that, I would generally be looking for their slow touch fibers to be very large.
如果不是和快肌纤维一样大,通常会更大。
If not the same size as their fast touch fibers, oftentimes larger.
当你逐个提取肌纤维时,你会看到一些非常奇特的现象。
When you're actually pulling out one muscle fiber at a time, you'll see some really wild stuff.
因此,这种情况可以单独发生。
So that can happen individually.
但平均来看,这就是你的答案。
But on an average, that would be your answer.
如果你进行任何形式的力量训练,你就能区分力量举运动员、健美运动员或其他类似人群。
If you were to invoke any kind of strength training, you can distinguish between power lifters or bodybuilders or any of these things.
但实际上这并不重要,因为在细胞层面,虽然我们将来会区分这些类型,但在细胞层面,它们并没有太大差异。
It won't actually really matter because at the level of the cell, while we're going to distinguish between all those, probably here pretty soon, at the level of cell, it's not that different.
如果与稳态骑行之类的情况相比,它们几乎是一回事。
It's close enough to being the same thing if you compare it to how different it is than steady state cycling or something.
因此,在这两种情况下,我基本上会说,2A型纤维会非常粗大。
And so in both those cases, I would basically say, hey, 2A fiber is going to be very large.
但你不可能抽出一根2A型肌纤维,然后说:哦,这是健美运动员的,那是力量举运动员的,这是举重运动员的。
But you wouldn't be able to pull a 2A fiber and be like, oh, that's a body builder and that's a power lifter and that's a weight lifter.
你绝对没有可能做到这一点。
You would have absolutely no chance to do that.
这里唯一有点复杂的是外源性睾酮。
The only thing that kind of throws a wrench here is specifically exogenous testosterone.
它会在许多重要方面改变游戏规则。
That will change the game in a number of important ways.
具体来说,卫星细胞会发生变化,肌纤维的总体尺寸可能会变得异常大,我们就直接提一下。
Specifically, satellite cells are gonna be changed and total muscle fiber size is probably gonna get exceptionally large, which we'll throw it out there.
再确认一下,如果我要把我的股外侧肌和杰·卡特勒的股外侧肌做比较,他是世界级健美运动员。
Again, just to make sure I understand, if you're gonna compare my VLO to the VLO of Jay Cutler, so world class bodybuilder.
如果你做超声波检查,毫无疑问,他的肌肉总体积比我大得多。
If you do an ultrasound, there's no question that the total size of his muscle is so much bigger than mine.
如果你开始抽出肌纤维,听起来他可能拥有更多的肌纤维,很可能是因为他使用了外源性睾酮而我没有,但同时也说明他的II型纤维比我大。
If you can start yanking fibers out, it sounds like it's he probably has more fibers, probably because he's using exogenous testosterone and I'm not, but it also sounds like his type two fibers are bigger than my type two fibers.
我对这个预测非常有信心。
I would be very comfortable with that prediction.
它们会非常、非常大。
They will be very, very large.
我们对一位力量举运动员兼健美运动员进行了肌肉活检。
We biopsied one individual power lifterbodybuilder.
他的一些肌纤维大到我们能找到的最接近的参照物是犀牛的肌肉纤维。
Some of his fibers were so large, the closest comparator we have were rhinoceros muscle fibers.
我认为并不是所有的纤维都如此,但有几根确实大得惊人。
I think they were so not all of them, but a handful of them where they were so large.
你能给我一个尺寸的概念吗?
Can you give me a sense of scale?
这里的肌纤维大约是多少微米?
How many microns are we talking about here as a fiber?
或者如果更容易理解的话,把它和一根头发比较一下。
Or compare it to a hair if that's easier.
实际上,它和头发差不多大。
It would be honestly fairly similar to a hair.
意思是你可以用肉眼看到它。
So meaning you can see it with your naked eye.
它真的太大了。
It's so big.
哦,百分之百。
Oh, a 100%.
如果我现在用摄像头拍下来,如果你在家观看这段视频,而且我拿出了镊子,我可以用OMP传统方式夹起一根,举到镜头前,你就能在摄像头里清楚地看到它。
If I had it right now on camera, if you're watching this at home, and if I have my tweezers out, I could pick one up on OMP tradition, hold it in the camera, and you would be able to see it in this camera.
毫无疑问。
No question.
它们可以非常、非常大。
They can be very, very large.
即使是人体骨骼肌中较小的肌纤维,比如股直肌,你也能看到所有最小的那些。
Even the smaller ones in human skeletal muscle, like the VL, especially, you would see all the smallest one.
毫无疑问。
No doubt.
好的。
Alright.
那么现在我们来谈谈肥大的另一个组成部分,你知道,退一步说,这有点有趣。
So now let's talk about another component of hypertrophy, which is, you know, this is sort of funny taking a step back.
在人体中,没有其他细胞像肌肉细胞那样,我们如此关注其细胞单位的大小。
There is no other cell in the body that we spend so much time thinking about the actual size of the cellular unit.
我们并不真的关心你的肝细胞有多大。
We don't really care about the size of your hepatocytes.
我们关心的是功能单位以及它们如何整合,关心肝细胞个体和整体的功能。
We care about the functional units and how they integrate, we care about the function of the hepatocytes individually and collectively.
但我们并不会专门去思考这一点。
But we're not really sitting there specifically thinking about it.
因此,我想我从未认真想过,我的肝细胞和你的肝细胞大小是否一样?
And therefore, I don't think I've ever given much thought to, are my hepatocytes the same size as your hepatocytes?
如果我的细胞变大或变小,会发生什么?
And if mine get bigger or smaller, what's happening?
我猜在非酒精性脂肪性肝病的情况下,会出现细胞内和细胞外脂肪堆积的变化。
And I'm guessing in the case of NAFL D, there's going to be some changes where there's both intra and extracellular fat accumulation.
但当我们考虑一个进行增肌训练的个体时,他们的肌肉客观上已经变大了。
But when we now think about a given individual who undergoes hypertrophy training, and so objectively, their muscles have gotten bigger.
让我们简单一点,不假设使用外源性睾酮。
Let's keep this quote unquote simple and not assume the use of exogenous testosterone.
所以我们并不是在讨论肌细胞数量增加和新细胞的生成。
So we're not really talking about hyperplasia and the creation of de novo cells.
根据定义,我们现在知道肌原纤维变大了,直径也增加了。
By definition, of course, now we know that the myofibril has gotten larger, it has expanded in diameter.
究竟是什么导致了这一变化?
What has actually led to that?
这其中有多少是水分,即细胞内水分?
How much of that is water, intracellular water?
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
其中有多少是新有机物的合成,比如氨基酸或其他物质?
How much of that is the synthesis of new organic matter vis a vis the amino acids or something else?
肌肉肥大主要有两种方式,我们要区分慢性肥大或永久性肥大与急性肥大——比如你刚健身完,肌肉因为充满液体而变大。
So there's two main ways that a muscle would hypertrophy, and we're gonna distinguish chronic hypertrophy or permanent hypertrophy from acute hypertrophy being, you know, you just left the gym right now and your muscles are bigger, full of fluid.
这就是导致这种情况的原因。
This is what that would be caused.
所以,你经历了长期的肌肉增长。
So you've got sustained muscle growth over time.
这要么是所谓的收缩性肥大,要么是肌浆肥大的结果。
This is either gonna be a result of what we call contractile hypertrophy or sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.
无论哪种情况,肌细胞都变大了。
In either case, the muscle cell got larger.
直径得到了扩张。
The diameter is expanded.
它就是以这种方式发生的。
It's gonna happen that way.
现在的问题是,细胞内部究竟发生了什么变化,导致它能够永久性地变大?
The question now is what actually changed inside that cell that caused it or allowed it to be permanently larger?
在肌浆肥大的情况下,我们最近才开始意识到这种现象确实存在。
Well, in the case of sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, this is very new that we even thought it existed.
长期以来,健美圈里的人一直在讨论这一点,我们一直把它称为‘兄弟科学’。
Folks have been talking about this from the bodybuilding perspective in those communities for a very long time, and we always called it sort of bro science.
后来,迈克·罗伯茨和他的奥本大学实验室等人开始研究,发现这确实发生了。
Then turns out some folks at Mike Roberts and his lab at Auburn and stuff started looking into it and found that actually it was happening.
所以,这对你们这些‘兄弟科学家’来说又是一次证实,有时候你们确实发现了真相。
And so there's just another vindication for you bro scientists out there that sometimes those guys are onto things.
科学尚未证实,并不意味着它是错的。
Just because science isn't there yet doesn't mean it's wrong.
这是一个非常好的例子。
It's like a very good example.
对吧?
Right?
只是还没有被认真研究过。
Just hadn't really been studied.
所以这确实是发生的。
So that actually happens.
收缩性肥大是由于肌球蛋白和肌动蛋白中的蛋白质增加所致。
Contractile hypertrophy happens as a result of increasing proteins on those myosin and actin.
因此,这可能重要,也可能不重要,但在这里的肌丝中,你并没有增加更多的肌动蛋白或肌球蛋白。
And so it may be important, maybe not, but the myofilaments here, you don't add more actin or myosin.
你只是在它们上面添加了更多的蛋白质球状物,从而增加了它们的直径。
You just add more protein globulins to them and actually just sort of increases their diameter.
那么发生的情况是,你可以想象肌球蛋白的作用就像你有一群朋友,你伸出手臂,抓住旁边朋友的手。
What happens then is you can imagine myosin acting working almost like you got a circle of friends and you were to reach your arms, extend your arms out to the side, grab your friend's hand.
当你把手往身体中线靠拢时,你的朋友们也会靠近你。
And when you brought your hands closer to your midline, your friends would then come closer to you.
如果所有人都同时这么做,整个圆圈的直径就会明显变小或变大。
And if everybody did it at the same time, the entire diameter of that circle would get really small and expand.
好的。
Okay.
太好了。
Great.
如果我体型翻倍,而我的朋友与我的距离保持不变,然后我的朋友也体型翻倍,你会发现,当我伸手去抓她时,我们已经碰到了,因为如果我们整个圆圈没有扩大,我们变得太大了。
Well, if I were to double my size, but my friend stayed the same distance away from me, and then my friend doubled her size, what you can actually see happen is all of a sudden when I go to reach my hand out to grab them, I'm already touching them because we're so much larger if the whole circle didn't expand.
这就叫做肌节间距。
And so this is called lattice spacing.
所以这些肌动蛋白和肌球蛋白之间的间距非常重要。
So the spacing between these actin and myosin is very, very important.
如果我继续变大,我最终会告诉旁边的朋友:嘿,你往旁边挪几英寸吧,你有点挤到我的个人空间了。
So if I just continue to get larger, what I would eventually do is tell my friend next to me, hey, you scoot over a few inches because you're sort of crowding in my personal space.
然后那个朋友会说:嘿,那边的朋友。
And then that friend would say, hey, friend over.
一样的情况,一样的情况。
Same thing, same thing.
所以,结果就是站立的圆圈开始扩大。
So what happens is just the standing circle starts to expand.
因此,肌肉直径增加的最主要原因很可能就是这个。
And so probably the biggest explanation for why muscle increases in its diameter is exactly that.
你增加了收缩单元中的蛋白质,以维持最佳间距,让它们能够伸出手去抓住彼此并收缩。
You've put more proteins in the contractile units in order to maintain optimal spacing so they can reach out and grab each other and pull in for contraction.
整个结构需要稍微拉开一点距离。
The whole thing needed to space out a little bit.
这就像是你邀请了太多朋友来参加派对。
It's like you invited a few too many friends to the party.
现在每个人都觉得不舒服。
Everyone's uncomfortable now.
我们必须拆掉一堵墙,把整个空间变大。
We have to knock down a wall, make the whole thing bigger.
如果我们再邀请更多朋友,就得继续拆墙、扩大空间,否则我们彼此会变得太拥挤、太不舒服。
If we bring in more friends, we gotta continue to knock the wall down and expand the size or else we just get too uncomfortable next to each other.
根据你刚才描述的所有内容,当你经历收缩性肥大时,在我看来,这必然伴随着收缩力的增强,因为你本质上增加了更多的‘钩子’。
When you experience contractile hypertrophy based on everything you've just described, it sounds to me like that comes with contractile force as well because you're putting more hooks basically.
你实际上是在创造更多的锚点,也就是肌动蛋白和肌球蛋白丝,用来抓握并收缩。
You know, you're basically creating more anchors, I e, actin myosin filaments to grab and contract.
这基本上,从初步近似来看,是一个正确的说法吗?
Is that essentially, you know, to a first order approximation, a true statement?
是的。
Yeah.
这实际上是真的,而且可以从多个角度解释。
And this is actually true it's explainable for a number of ways.
第一,一般来说,尤其是在一个人锻炼的早期阶段,当你变强时,你会增加更多的肌肉质量,这两者是高度相关的。
Number one, in general, especially early in someone's exercising career, as you get stronger, you'll add more muscle mass, and those are very highly linked.
这个相关系数并不是100,也不是99。
That r score is not 100 it's not nine nine.
它们并不是100%相同的东西,我们稍后会加以区分。
It's not a 100% the same thing, and we'll differentiate that later.
以增肌为目标的训练,和以增强力量为目标的训练,并不相同。
Optimizing for muscle growth is not the same as optimizing for strength.
以增强力量为目标的训练,也不同于以增肌为目标的训练。
Optimizing for strength is not the same from optimizing for muscle growth.
所以,在某个阶段,它们会逐渐变得越来越不同,但在最初阶段,两者是紧密相关的。
So at some point, they start to diverge more and more and more, but at the very beginning, they're very tightly linked.
因此,如果有人希望训练更高效,或许可以同时获得一点增肌和一点力量提升。
And so if somebody just wanted to be economical in their training, you could probably get a little bit of both.
你当然会同时获得一点增肌和一点力量提升。
Well, you certainly would get a little bit of both.
但如果你的目标是专精其中一项,那方法就会略有不同,我们稍后会详细区分。
If you wanted to optimize for one, then that is a little bit different, and we'll distinguish all that later.
随着你持续训练,变得越来越强壮,肌肉大小与力量之间的关联确实会逐渐减弱。
Now, as you continue on with your training career and you get stronger and stronger and stronger, then the link between muscle size and strength does start to go away.
但它永远不会完全消失,这正是你刚才提到的原因。
But it never goes away entirely because of exactly what you mentioned.
如果你增加了更多的收缩单位,这可能并不是在优化力量,但会带来力量的一些提升。
If you're tacking on more contractile units, it's not maybe optimizing strength, but it's going to come with some increases in force.
理解这一点的简单方法是看看力量举、大力士、摔跤或综合格斗这些项目。
And the easy way to think about this is just look at whether it's powerlifting, strongman, wrestling, MMA.
通常你会看到,随着身体尺寸的增大,力量也会随之增强。
You're generally going to see people, as you go up in physical size, you go up in strength.
对吧?
Right?
但这并不意味着你找不到一个155磅的运动员比170磅的运动员更强。
Now it doesn't mean you couldn't find a one hundred and fifty five pound athlete who's stronger than a hundred and seventy pound athlete.
你显然可以找到这样的例子。
You clearly could.
但如果你看看历史纪录,随着级别越来越高,力量也在不断提升。
But if you look at old record scores, go higher and higher and higher.
因此,体型和力量之间确实存在内在联系,尽管这种联系并非100%确定。
And so there's an intrinsic length there, but there are a connection between mass and strength, although it's not a 100%.
所以是的,你会把这些东西加上去。
So yeah, you're going to put those things on.
我想这里有一个重要的注意事项:在你训练生涯的早期,你甚至不需要区分这两者,因为两者都会随之而来。
And I guess one important note here is early in your training career, you really don't even need to distinguish between the two because both is gonna come along for the ride.
你增加一些肌肉,力量就会提升。
You add on some muscle, you're gonna get stronger.
如果你进行力量训练,你也可能会增加一些肌肉。
And if you do strength training, you're probably gonna attack on some muscle as well.
两者都会随之而来。
They're both gonna come along for the ride.
因此,你可以以这种方式更经济一些。
So you can be a little economical that way.
安迪,我们再回过头谈谈肌浆肥大。
Andy, go back to the sarcoplasmic hypertrophy for a moment.
给我讲讲这个概念的背景。
Just give me the background story on that.
我完全不知道这一点。
Was totally unaware of that.
上高中的时候,我只看肌肉和健身方面的内容,兄弟科学就是我的全部。
When I was in high school, of course, all I did was read muscle and fitness and bro science was my life.
我有一段时间没关注这个了。
I've been a little away from it.
告诉我,健美界当时提出了什么观点,而科学界后来才真正认可?
Tell me what it was that the bodybuilding community was proposing that science basically only really came to recognize.
长期以来,我和许多其他运动科学家都认为,如果想增加肌肉肥大,每组8到12次重复是最佳范围。
In general, for a long time, myself and many other exercise scientists were sort of purporting that if you want to gain muscle hypertrophy, eight to 12 repetitions per set is the optimal range.
但如果你观察健美运动员,他们会做各种其他训练。
But yet, if you look at bodybuilders, they're doing all kinds of other stuff.
他们会做20次、30次一组的训练,或者采用不同的训练方式。
They'll do sets of 20 or 30 or they'll do different styles training.
在我们科学家看来,这些都不算肌肉肥大。
According to us scientists, that was not hypertrophy.
那属于肌肉耐力或者力量,不会导致肌肉肥大。
That was muscular endurance or that was strength, those would not result in hypertrophy.
后来,越来越多的研究出现,布拉德·谢恩费尔德做了大量这项工作。
And then eventually, more and more research came out, and Brad Schoenfeld did much of this work.
他极其多产。
He's incredibly prolific.
布拉德表明,实际上,只要其他条件相同,每组5次到30次的训练范围对肌肉肥大的效果基本相当。
And Brad showed, well, actually, hypertrophy is pretty much equal from anywhere between five repetitions per set to up to 30 repetitions per set if other things are equated for.
前提是RPE达到相同的水平。
Provided the RPE gets to the same point.
对吧?
Right?
每组的剩余次数必须接近力竭,不一定要完全力竭,但就是这个意思。
The reps in reserve has to basically you have to get pretty close to failure, not failure necessarily, but Exactly.
在做30次结束时,你的痛苦程度必须和做7次结束时一样。
At the end of 30, you need to be hurting as much as you would be at the end of seven.
是的
Yeah.
这非常困难,因为你大概在做15次的时候就会开始感到疼痛。
And it's very hard because you're gonna start hurting at, like, 15.
更早就会了。
Much sooner.
是的
Yeah.
没错
Exactly.
你只能坚持下去。
You gotta just bear with it.
它会让肌肉承受更长时间的张力,而且在某些情况下,根据动作的不同,对心血管系统的负担也更大。
It's much more time under tension, and in some ways, it's also more taxing to your cardiovascular system depending on the lift.
确实可能如此。
It certainly can be.
确实可能如此。
Certainly can be.
所以健美界会说,比如你以这种模式训练,做5到10次重复,可能会增加收缩单位,这就是你变强的原因。
So what the bodybuilding community would say are things like, hey, if you lift in this fashion, five to 10 reps, you might increase contractile units, and that's why you're getting stronger.
然而,如果你采用更高的重复次数,增长则主要来自肌浆肥大。
However, if you were to go higher repetition ranges, it's going to be coming from sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.
这之所以重要,是因为它几乎完全由液体潴留的增加所解释。
And why that matters is that's almost exclusively explained by increases in fluid retention.
因此,这是一种非收缩性的肥大。
And so it is non contractile hypertrophy.
这就是为什么你可能会变大,但并不会变强。
So this is why you can get bigger, but you're not getting stronger.
那就是力量。
That's the strong.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Right.
这就是功能上的区别。
That's the functional distinction.
而且,我们之前一直认为,不,不,不,不,这种情况并不会发生。
And again, that's like something that we were just like, no, no, no, no, It doesn't happen.
曾经有几篇论文提到过,但说实话,当时的技术还无法测量它。
There had been like a couple of papers, but the technology wasn't there, honestly, to measure it.
直到一些检测方法出现,迈克真正推动了这项研究,我们才恍然大悟。
Until some assays came around and Mike really got that stuff going and it was like, oh crap.
现在看来,这个说法其实已经相当清晰了。
And now it looks like the story is actually pretty clear.
迈克写了一篇关于这个主题的精彩综述论文,你甚至可以看到他绘制的图表。
Mike has a wonderful review paper on this stuff and you can actually see a graph he's developed.
你可以看到肌浆肥大和肌原纤维肥大分别在什么时候发生,以及在整个训练过程中会发生什么变化。
And you can look at when cycloplastic hypertrophy happens, when contractile happens, and what happens over the course of your training experience.
我认为这很好地解释了正在发生的事情。
And I think it actually explains what's happening pretty nicely.
我认为这完美地引出了我现在想讨论的一个非常优雅的框架,即如何描述构成矩阵的一系列行和列。
I think that was the perfect intro to what I think would be a really elegant framework for now how to talk about a series of rows and a series of columns that make up a matrix.
在我们的第一期播客中,我们讨论了不同类型的运动员。
In our first podcast, we spoke about the different types of athletes.
然后我们谈到了训练压力所涉及的不同变量。
And then we talked about the different variables that go into training stress.
由于时间实在不够,我们当时没有填补这个矩阵。
What we didn't do because there simply wasn't enough time was fill in that matrix.
而今天我正想完成这件事。
And that's what I'd love to do today.
所以我回头思考了一下,有哪些值得关注的不同表型?
So I went back to is what are the different phenotypes of interest?
我们将以力量举运动员、举重运动员、大力士、健美运动员、CrossFit运动员、田径运动员为例,然后根据以下方面来分析他们。
So we're gonna go with a power lifter, an Olympic weight lifter, a strong man, a bodybuilder, a CrossFit athlete, a track and field athlete, and then we're going to look at them according to, you know, the following.
如果你专门训练成为这类运动员,你的训练频率是多少?
If you're training to be specifically that athlete, what's your frequency of training?
你的训练强度是多少?
What's your intensity?
例如,以最大重复次数的百分比或最大摄氧量的百分比来衡量。
For example, as a percent of one RM or VO two max.
你完成的训练量是多少?
What's the volume you're doing?
你是如何考虑组数和次数的?
How are you thinking about sets and reps?
休息和恢复时间是怎样的?
What's the rest recovery?
是否还需要其他类型的技术训练适应?
And is there any other sort of skill based training adaptation that's necessary?
我承认这可能会花一些时间,但我认为这是一种非常优雅的方式,可以整合我们在第一期对话中提到的许多概念。
I acknowledge this might take us a while, but I think this is a very elegant way to synthesize so many of the concepts that were in the first episode of our sit down.
我认为在很多方面,这正是理论付诸实践的关键时刻。
And I think in many ways, this is kind of the rubber hitting the road.
现在我告诉你,安迪,我做这件事的最终目标是从这些表型中提炼出对我个人而言最重要的表型的洞见,这个表型不是举重运动员、奥林匹克举重运动员、大力士或健美运动员,而是我所说的‘百岁全能运动员’。
Now I'll tell you that my ultimate goal in doing this, Andy, is to now extract from each of those phenotypes the learnings for what I consider personally the most important phenotype, which is not power lifter, Olympic weight lifter, strongman bodybuilder, etcetera, but rather what I call the centenarian decathlete.
换句话说,尽管我只有50岁,但我对训练的很多思考都是为了90岁的自己。
In other words, even though I'm only 50, so much of how I think about training is for the 90 year old version of me.
到90岁时,我希望自己能做什么?
What do I wanna be able to do at 90?
我对这一点已经有了相当清晰的认识。
I have a pretty good sense of what it is.
这目标相当大胆。
It's quite audacious.
为了确保我在90岁时仍能像一个非常健康的70岁老人一样正常生活,未来四十年我需要做些什么?
What do I need to do for the next forty years to make sure that at 90, I'm functioning, to be honest with you, like a very fit 70 year old.
这就是我的追求。
That's the aspiration.
所以如果我们有时间,就以这个作为结尾。
So we'll end with that if we have time.
如果没有时间,那这部分很容易作为第三部分。
If not, that'll easily be part three.
但让我们从你提到的顺序开始,也就是从力量举运动员说起。
But let's start with the order that you presented them in, which was starting with the power lifter.
所以再次提醒一下听众,力量举是一项非常特定的运动。
So again, just for folks listening, power lifting is a very, very specific sport.
它只包含三个动作,你的得分依据是硬拉、卧推和深蹲这三个动作的总重量。
It consists of three and only three lifts, and you are scored on the basis of the total amount of weight you move in a deadlift, a bench press and a squat.
仅此而已。
And that's it.
没人关心你长什么样。
Nobody cares what you look like.
也没人关心你完成这些动作有多快。
Nobody cares how fast you can do that.
没人关心你能做多少次重复。
Nobody even cares how many reps you can do.
对吧?
Right?
除了数字之外,其他什么都不重要。
There's nothing that goes into it, except it's a number.
a 加 b 加 c 等于总和,就这么简单。
A plus b plus c equals total, and that's it.
这些家伙在他们所做的事情上真的非常强壮。
Now those guys are strong as hell for what they do.
或许可以给人们一些数字上的概念。
Maybe give people a sense of numbers.
选两个不同的体重级别,向人们解释一下力量举运动员在这三个动作中有多强。
Pick two different weight classes and explain to people just how strong a power lifter is in those three lifts.
为了更清楚地说明,当我们说力量时,你也可以理解为力。
To really clarify, when we say strength, you could also think about force.
我会把这些词互换着用。
I'll say those interchangeably.
在现实世界中,如果有人能拖动一列火车之类的东西,我会觉得,哇,那真是个大力士。
And well, in the real world, if somebody were to be able to drag a train or something, I'd be like, well, that's a strong person.
但从技术上讲,最大力量是指你一次性能完成的最大重量。
But technically, maximal strength is what's the maximum amount you can do one time.
我知道你刚才说过这一点,但我真的想确保观众能准确理解。
And I know you said that a second ago, but I really wanna make sure that the audience heard that correctly.
是的。
Yeah.
因为‘力量举运动员’这个名字有点误导性,我想你接下来会解释为什么。
Because the name power lifter is a bit bit misleading here, which I think you're about to explain why.
没错。
That's exactly right.
力量与力的区别在于速度。
Power, the difference between force and power is speed.
所以另一种说法是,如果你把速度乘以力量或强度。
And so another way to say this is if you take speed, multiply that by force or strength.
这就是获得功率的方法。
That's how you get power.
因此,这其中隐含的意思是,功率由力量和速度共同组成。
And so implicit in that is power is comprised of both strength and speed.
所以它包含一个速度成分。
So there's a speed component to it.
在你提到的力量举运动中,其实并没有速度成分。
In the case of the exercises you listed in power lifting, there's no speed component to it really.
他们试图尽可能快地移动,但评分并不看速度。
They're trying to move as fast as they can, but they're not scored on speed.
没有计时器。
There's no clock.
他们移动得多快根本无关紧要。
It doesn't matter at all how fast they move.
这明确地是对纯粹且绝对力量的测试。
It is explicitly a test of pure and absolute strength.
你一次最多能举起多少?
What is the most amount you can lift one time?
我们尝试了三种不同的动作,但并不是看谁能做三到四次,也不是看谁完成得最快。
There are three different exercises we tried in, but you don't get to do it for three or four reps or it's not who could complete it the fastest.
关键是看你能举起的最大重量。
It is who's the maximum thing you can lift.
举个例子,我职业生涯中曾与斯特菲·科恩有过一些接触,虽然不多,但确实有过,她拥有25到27项世界纪录。
So to give you some examples, I have worked with Stephie Cohen a little bit, not much, but just a little bit in my career, and she has 25 or 27 world records.
在她的一次比赛中,我记得她的体重是一百一十九磅。
One of her competitions, think she weighed one hundred and nineteen pounds.
我认为她在那次比赛中硬拉了五百二十五磅。
And I think she deadlifted five twenty five in that competition.
她曾经硬拉过五百八十五磅,我相信是这样。
She's deadlifted five eighty five, I believe.
所以这里的力量已经达到了自身体重五倍以上,这简直荒谬。
So getting in the stratosphere of well over 5x body weight here, which is absurd.
硬拉是她的强项,但她卧推可能也超过了200磅,深蹲更是远超400磅。
Deadlift is her thing, but she's still probably benching 200 something and squatting well over the 400s.
作为一个120磅重的女性,这已经非常强大了。
As a one hundred and twenty pound female, that's pretty strong.
这真的完全难以置信。
It's simply unbelievable actually.
这简直不可思议。
It's totally unbelievable.
我今天在练硬拉。
I was deadlifting today.
对吧?
Right?
今天正好是我练硬拉的日子。
Today just happens to be deadlift day for me.
因为我不再能像以前那样了,我18岁的时候达到了巅峰。
And because I no longer can like, I peaked at 18.
这有点让人沮丧。
It's a little depressing.
对吧?
Right?
就像,我只是觉得
Like, I just that
那是我硬拉的巅峰。
was my peak in deadlift.
我的意思是,我不确定自己是否还像以前那样在意能举多重,但现在我做的是别的事情。
Well, I mean, don't know that I even care to lift as much as I did, but now I do different things.
所以今天,主要训练是四组,每组一分钟内尽可能多做重复次数,使用15磅的重量。
So today, the main set was four rounds of one minute as many reps as possible with three fifteen.
这是一种不同的压力。
It's a different stress.
别搞错了。
Make no mistake about it.
这种疼痛完全不一样。
It hurts in a totally different way.
是的。
Yeah.
在六十秒内尽可能多地做三个十五。
Do three fifteen as many times as you can in sixty seconds.
休息三分钟,然后一遍又一遍地重复。
Rest three minutes, and keep doing that over and over again.
我希望贝丝要么加薪了,要么被开除了。
I hope Beth got a raise or got fired for that.
总得有一个吧。
One of the two.
whoever programmed that for
Whoever programmed that for
你。
you.
我绝不会做那种事。
There's no way I'm doing no.
实际上,事后我告诉了贝丝,她问我:你这么做的目的是什么?
Actually, I told Beth after and she was like, what was your intention with this?
我说:其实吧,是的。
And I was like, actually yeah.
不管怎样,即使在我最强壮的时候,我也做不到五点二十五。
Anyway but, like, even at my strongest, I couldn't do five twenty five.
但我最强壮的时候,体重是一百六十磅。
But my strongest, I weighed one hundred sixty pounds.
所以这是一次惊人的动作量。
So that's a staggering amount of movement.
而且你的身体结构非常适合拉拽。
And you've got good levers for pulling.
你手臂很长。
You got long arms.
我猜你做硬拉应该挺高效的。
You're probably like pretty efficient at deadlifting, would assume.
硬拉是我三项中最拿手的。
Deadlifting was my best of the three by far.
卧推可能是你最弱的,我猜是这样,基于
Bench is probably your worst, I would assume, based on
我会不好意思说我的卧推能推多重。
It is I will embarrass myself by saying how much I could bench.
我想我该把这个故事讲完。
I guess I should finish this story.
我160磅体重时的最大卧推是270磅,这并不算好。
Two seventy was my best bench at a weight of one sixty, which is not that good.
我的意思是,说实话。
I mean, let's be honest.
这并不算好。
It's not that good.
但也没那么糟。
It's not that terrible though either.
还行。
It's okay.
所以如果你想看看那种极端顶尖的水平,我不太了解。
So if you wanna look at like the crazy top end of the scale, I'm unfamiliar.
是的。
Yeah.
我们来跟大家多说说什么是力量举吧,我觉得这有点复杂,因为你得考虑经过检测和未经检测的运动员。
Let's tell people more of like what and I guess in powerlifting, is a little complicated because you do have to consider tested versus untested athletes.
这两者差别挺大的。
It's a pretty big difference.
对。
Yeah.
我们直接说说人类的极限能力吧。
Let's just give you the maximum human potential.
用了所有类固醇,谁在乎呢?
On all the steroids, who cares?
所有装备,所有深蹲服,都无所谓。
All the gear, all the squat suits, whatever.
我的朋友AJ罗伯茨,我记得他最好的深蹲成绩是1250磅或者1240磅。
My friend AJ Roberts, I think his best squat was twelve fifty or twelve forty.
这简直让人难以置信。
It's just hard to believe that's possible.
我觉得他当时体重是308磅。
I think he was three hundred and eight pounds for that meat.
所以这相当于四倍自身体重的深蹲。
So that's, you know, four x squat.
我不知道目前的史上最高纪录是多少,因为实在太难统计了,但我认为现在已经超过1300磅了。
I don't know what the, like, all time, all time, all time record is right now because it's so hard, but I think it is north of 1,300 at this point.
这并不常见,但确实有人完成过一千磅的硬拉,也有人完成过一千磅的卧推。
It's not common, but people have pulled, deadlifted a thousand, and people have benched a thousand.
有更多人完成了超过一千一百磅的深蹲。
There's a lot more people who have squatted, like 1,100 plus.
这些人的数量相当可观。
There's a decent number of those people.
但只有少数几个人在穿戴所有装备的情况下完成了一千磅的硬拉,也只有少数人完成了一千磅的卧推。
But there are a handful of people who have deadlifted a thousand and a handful that have benched a thousand with all the gear and all this stuff.
但谁在乎呢?
But who cares?
这相当于半吨重。
It's like half a ton.
他们卸下杠铃,握住它,互相触碰。
They're taking off the bar, holding it, touching each other.
这太荒谬了。
It is absurd.
这简直荒谬至极。
It's simply absurd.
好吧。
Okay.
所以我们已经确认了,尽管术语上有些小混乱,但这些人确实极其强大。
So we've established that despite the hiccup in the nomenclature, these people are insanely strong.
再次提醒所有正在听或观看的人,你们可能永远都不想尝试极限次数的硬拉、卧推或深蹲。
Again, I would encourage everyone who's listening or watching, you may never desire to do a maximum rep deadlift bench press or squat.
我个人再也不想做一次了,永远都不想。
I personally have no desire to ever do it again, ever.
我这辈子都不会在任何一项动作中把杠铃加重到接近那个程度。
There's never a day I'm gonna put enough weight on a bar in any of those three lifts to even come close to that.
尽管如此,他们训练所遵循的原则对我来说非常重要。
That said, the principles of how they train matter a lot to me.
那么我们先从频率说起吧,安迪,你可以按任何顺序来,但我们先聊聊频率。
So let's start with well, you can take them in any order you want, Andy, but let's just talk about frequency.
当一个运动员来找你时,你们遵循的主要原则是什么?
What are the sort of the guiding principles for how you take an athlete who comes to you?
我想,为了便于讨论,安迪,我们假设所有提供的指导都不是针对训练年限极长的世界级运动员。
And I guess, maybe for the purpose of this discussion, Andy, let's assume that all of the guidance we're going to provide is not for a world class athlete with an enormous training age.
相反,我们也假设这不是针对从未碰过器械的人。
Conversely, let's also assume it is not for someone who has never lifted a finger.
同样,为了简化起见,我们不妨假设在每种情况下,你面对的都是有一定运动经验、但并非专门从事这项运动的人。
Again, I think just for the sake of simplicity, why don't we assume that in every situation, you're taking a person who has some exercise exposure, but not specific to this endeavor.
在这种情况下,你指的是一个从小参与体育运动、体能尚可、偶尔打打街头篮球、做点其他运动的人。
So in this case, you're talking about a person who grew up playing sports, maybe they're reasonably fit, they still muck around, you know, they play some pickup basketball, maybe they do a little bit of this and that.
他们对健身房并不陌生。
They're no stranger to the gym.
他们知道各种器械和动作是怎么回事。
They understand what lifts and things are.
但说实话,他们从未参加过力量举比赛,现在来找你说:嘿。
But truthfully, they've never been to a powerlifting meet, and they're coming to you saying, hey.
我真的很想参加50岁以上的举重比赛,你知道的,就是50到55岁的力量举项目。
I would really I'd like to compete in the 50 and up, you know, or 50 to 55 power lifting thing.
所以这个人带着这个目标来了。
So guy shows up with that.
告诉我你会怎么为他制定训练计划。
Tell me how you're walking about his training program.
我想在这一点上做出两个小小的区分。
I wanna make two slight distinctions inside of that.
第一个区分是理论上技术上最理想的做法。
Distinction one is what is theoretically technically optimal.
第二个区分是更现实、更实际的做法。
Distinction two is what's probably more realistic and practical.
好的。
Okay.
我们随时都可以同时给出这两种方案。
Let's always feel free to give both of those.
在我的世界里,我把这些区分为效率和效果。
I distinguish these in my world as efficacy versus effectiveness.
所以,最大的效率就是刚才说的那种情况。
So max efficacy is exactly the former there.
理论上,如果你能完美地完成所有事情,就会获得最佳结果。
Theoretically, if you can do everything to perfection, you will have the best results.
效果则是在现实世界中,当你因为孩子生病熬夜,工作又多了一个额外的截止日期,导致训练时间被压缩时,你所能做的最好的事情。
Effectiveness is in the real world when you stay up late at night because your kids are sick, and you got a little extra deadline at work, and that's going to cut into your training, what's the best you can do?
你刚刚描述的正是我昨晚的情况。
You just described last night for me.
所以,在我们接下来要讨论的整个框架中,有一条始终成立的原则:特异性永远是你的答案。
So one thing that's gonna hold true throughout all of this matrix we're gonna cover is specificity is always your answer.
如果你想提高写作能力,你就需要写作。
If you wanna get better at writing, you need to write.
如果你想提高短跑能力,你就需要短跑。
If you wanna get better at sprinting, you need to sprint.
如果你想变得更强,想一次性举起你能举起的最重重量,那无疑是最佳途径。
If you wanna get stronger and you wanna get better at picking up a weight, one time, the heaviest you can pick it up, that is by far the most direct route to go.
也就是说,在这种情况下,你应该每天练习举起100%的最大重量。
Meaning, in this case, you should practice every single day picking up 100% of your max.
哇。
Wow.
理论上,这就是特异性原则告诉我们的。
Theoretically, that's what specificity would tell you.
第二个区别是,这并不现实。
Distinction two, that's not realistic.
你所描述的这个人,受伤频率太高了。
The injury for this person you described, injury frequency is too high.
如果你是一名真正的顶级运动员,你可能会接近这种方法。
Now, if you are a truly elite athlete, you might do something close to that.
如果你看看保加利亚训练法,这适用于举重运动员和力量举运动员,类似的情况也是如此。
If you look at the Bulgarian method, this would be weightlifters, powerlifters, but similar.
他们每天都会进行抓举、挺举和深蹲的一次最大重量训练。
They're gonna do a one rep max in the snatch, clean, jerk, and squat every day.
这就是他们所做的。
This is what they do.
不过,这些人很可能已经处于系统的训练体系中。
Now, again, these are people probably on systems.
他们已经训练了五、六、七、八甚至九年。
They are five, six, seven, eight, nine years into their training career.
而在训练间隙,他们会接受按摩。
And in between, they're getting massages.
所以,理论上,如果你真的想最大化专项性,你可以这么做,而且确实有很多人这样做过。
So, like, in theory, if you really wanted to maximize specificity, you could do that, and many have done that.
阿尼姆·苏莱曼诺格鲁,也就是人们常说的‘口袋赫拉克勒斯’,如果你想去搜索这个人的话。
Aneem Sulaimanoglu, one of Pocket Hercules, if you want to Google that guy.
不过,他并不是全年都这么做,而是在训练的某些阶段才会采用这种方式。
Now, he didn't do it for all of his training, for all year round, but certain phases of his training, that's what you would do.
高度特异性会让你在这些动作上进步得更快,这是毫无疑问的。
High specificity, you're going to get better at those things, no question.
所以,退一步说,除此之外的任何训练都属于较低特异性。
So to peel that back, anything besides that is less specific.
但你必须开始权衡:我会不会受伤?
But you have to then start hedging towards, okay, am I going to get hurt?
这对您描述的这种训练者来说并不现实,也忽略了所有实际影响。
That's not realistic for the avatar you described, and all the practical implications.
因此,你真正应该做的是,在不引发过度训练和损伤的前提下,尽可能接近这种模式。
So what you want to do though is get as close to that as you can while not inducing overload injury, all that other stuff.
所以现实的情况可能是,每周一到五天,你训练这个动作模式。
So realistic scenario, probably something like one to five days per week, you work that movement pattern.
实际上,对大多数人来说,每周两次就很好了。
So realistically, realistically, two would be good for a lot of people.
所以如果你想增强深蹲力量,那就每周深蹲两次。
So if you want to get stronger at squatting, squat twice a week.
如果你恢复得好,深蹲动作也标准,那每周三次是合适的。
If you recover well and you squat well, your mechanics are well, three days a week.
那会是一个非常、非常、非常好的训练计划。
That would be a really, really, really good program.
但你完全可以每周只练两次这个动作,就变得非常非常强壮。
But you could get very strong, very strong doing two days a week in that movement.
所以如果你想像力量举那样练全部三个动作,也许每周练两次卧推,一次硬拉,一次深蹲,类似这样。
So if you wanted to do all three, like in power lifting, maybe bench twice a week, maybe deadlift once a week, maybe squat once a week, something like that.
如果你希望每周练两次深蹲和两次硬拉,那也有可能行得通,取决于其他变量。
Maybe if you wanted to squat twice a week and deadlift twice a week, you could maybe get away with that depending on other variables.
所以训练频率最少可以降到每周两天,因为你可能安排一天练卧推和深蹲,另一天练卧推和硬拉?
So it could be as little as two days a week of training because you could do a bench squat day and a bench deadlift day potentially?
是的,可以。
It could.
对很多人来说,像你描述的这种人,确实会变得更强壮。
And for a lot of people, the person you're describing, they would get stronger.
这并不是最优的,但对很多人来说肯定非常有效。
It wouldn't be optimal, but it would be certainly effective for a lot of folks.
如果他们说,安迪,我愿意每周去健身房四天。
If they said, Andy, I'm willing to be in the weight room four days a week.
我正在全力优化这个计划。
I'm really optimizing on this.
如果我每周要去健身房四天,你基本上会设计一个训练计划,让每个动作练三次,总共八次训练,类似这样的安排吗?
If I'm gonna be in the weight room four days a week, are you basically gonna figure out a split where you get three of each in those eight sessions or something to that effect?
我会建议人们了解一下所谓的‘结合训练法’。
I will tell people to look into what's called a conjugate.
这种训练法有很多种形式,但这里指的是西区杠铃的路易·西蒙斯式结合训练法。
There's many forms of this, but this would be the west side barbell, Louie Simmons form of conjugate.
这几乎完全符合他们所描述的模式。
And that's almost exactly what they describe.
对吧?
Right?
所以一开始会有一些纯粹的力量训练。
So it's a little bit of pure strength work at the beginning.
接着是一个肌肉耐力阶段,基本上是这样。
There's a muscular endurance phase, basically.
然后有一个速度阶段,还有一个力量阶段。
There's a speed phase to it, and then there's a strength phase to it.
他们就这样逐步融入,并且实际上只是轮流进行。
And they just build that in, and they actually just sort of rotate it through.
卧推、深蹲、硬拉、卧推,他们就这样持续进行。
Bench squat, deadlift, bench squat, they just power it through that way.
所以这是一个非常简单的模式。
So that's a very easy model.
所以你是说,他们在每次训练中都这样做,还是说这一周内是这样分布的?
And so you're saying that they would do that in any given workout or across the week it's spread out that way?
抱歉。
Sorry.
是的
Yeah.
分布在一周内。
Across the week.
所以基本上,你走进健身房,先做一次最大重量的硬拉,然后做一些针对下背部、臀部、腘绳肌或其他所需部位的辅助训练。
So basically, you'd walk in the gym, you're gonna do a max deadlift, and then you're gonna do some assistance work in your low back or your glutes, your hamstrings, or whatever is needed.
第二天你来的时候,可能是最大重量的卧推,然后做三头肌、肩部、后束、颈部等训练,等等。
The next day you come in, it's maybe a max bench, and then tricep work, shoulder work, rear delts, neck, whatever, etcetera.
然后你接下来的训练日就按照这种方式进行。
And then the day you come in, you kinda follow it that way.
下一个问题是,你是否只在正式的三大项中让运动员举超重的重量,还是也会让他们做非常重的辅助动作?
The next question is, is the only time you're gonna have this athlete moving insanely heavyweights in the three formal lifts, Or do you have them do very heavy things that are accessory?
我来举个例子。
So I'll give you an example.
你会让他们做非常重的臀桥、非常重的上斜卧推、非常重的军事推举,或者非常重的前蹲吗?也就是说,这些动作他们不会在比赛中使用,但与他们比赛的动作有很高的重叠性?
Do you have them do very heavy hip thrusters or very heavy incline bench press or very heavy military press or very heavy front squats, I e things that they are not going to compete in but have a high degree of overlap with what they're competing in?
专项性最重要
Specificity wins
就是这样。
here.
所以你会说不,因为你不是职业运动员,没有那么多时间,就直接练这个动作吧。
So you're gonna say no because you're not a professional athlete who has all the time in the world, just do the lift.
我会说主要还是专注于这个动作。
I would say stick mostly to the lift.
即使对这个人来说,也不是因为他们不是职业运动员。
Now even for this person, not because they're not a professional athlete.
你反而可以说,他们更需要变化。
You could make the argument, they need variation more actually.
因为谁真的在乎他们能否最大化力量增长呢?
Because who really cares if they optimize their strength gain?
我更倾向于稍微偏向整体安全性。
I'd rather push it a little bit more towards overall safety.
而变化能为你带来这一点,因为它减少了对相同动作模式和相同负荷模式的过度使用。
And variation will give you that because it's less overuse of the same movement pattern, the same loading pattern.
你获得的变化越多,特异性就越少,因此直接适应性也越低,但过度使用的可能性也越小。
The more variation you get, the less specificity, so the less direct adaptation, but the less likelihood of overuse.
对于这个特定的人,我可能会这么说,但如果我们真的要这么说,我会在这里说。
In this particular person, I would probably but if we really said this, I would say it here.
也许我会这样表达。
Maybe I'll say it this way.
我们每天训练的核心将是那个精确的动作。
The core of our day when we come in is going to be that exact movement.
它将是你的比赛姿势下的杠铃深蹲。
It's going be a barbell back squat in your stance the way that you're going to compete.
很好。
Great.
当然,在比赛前大约八周内。
Certainly within maybe the eight weeks prior to this competition.
但除此之外,在我们所说的休赛期,我们会引入变化,做其他训练。
Outside of that, though, when we call off season, we would introduce variation, do other stuff.
不过,在他们处于专项阶段时,我们可能会做我们的主要动作,这是我们通常的说法。
While they're in that specificity phase, though, we might do our primary lift, is what we kind of call it.
然后在那之后,我们会做大量的辅助动作。
And then after that, we would do a ton of accessories.
所以,我们可能会先进行杠铃深蹲这样的高强度训练,然后接着做壶铃深蹲。
So we might do our hard work on our barbell, back squat, and then maybe we go to a goblet squat.
也许我们会做分腿蹲。
Maybe we do split squat.
也许我们会做侧弓步。
Maybe we do lateral lunges.
我们还会做其他动作,比如反向臀桥之类的。
And we would do other stuff, reverse hypers and things like that.
所以你会想要使用所有这些动作,但这些都被我们称为辅助动作或支持性训练,而且你可能会为这些动作选择更高的重复次数。
So you would want to use all those, but those would be what we call accessories or supporting stuff, and you would probably go to higher repetition ranges for those.
你不会去做最大努力的弓步。
You wouldn't do a max effort step up.
你可能会做几组5到8次的训练,以此来很好地支持关节,让身体感觉舒适,但你要把纯粹的力量训练集中在核心动作上。
You might do set to five eight, something like that to really support the joints and make everything feel good, but you keep your pure pure strength work to that core lift.
当你在进行那个阶段时,我们就随便选一个吧。
And when you're in that, let's just pick one.
比如,我们就选硬拉。
Let's just pick the deadlift, for example.
你会让他们使用的重复次数范围是多少?
What's the rep range you're gonna have them working in?
有没有一个重复次数,高到会让你远离最大力量训练?
Is there a number of reps that is so high that it's getting you too far away from max strength?
五次大概是合适的数字。
Five is sort of the number.
五次,除非你超过五次,否则你开始失去力量产出。
Five unless you get starting past five, you start losing worse production.
我以前年轻的时候把这些表格背得滚瓜烂熟。
I used to know these tables off by heart from when I was younger.
我觉得五次重复大概是通常一次最大值的85%吧?
I believe five reps, is that 85% of typically one RM that you do five for?
这完全因人而异。
It totally depends.
实际上,这和肌纤维类型关系很大。
Actually, it depends a lot on fiber type.
说来有趣,这还和动作本身有关。
It's actually sort of funny, but it depends on the movement.
对于硬拉和卧推来说,情况并不一样。
The same is not true for deadlift versus a bench.
这些数字会偏差很大。
Those numbers go way off.
所以这只是一个大概的估算值。
So it's a rough ish number.
实际上有一张叫做普拉列平图表的东西。
There's actually a chart called Pralepin chart.
把它放到节目笔记里。
Put it in the show notes.
这张图表显示,有一些来自新西兰的力量举运动员的研究,但据我所知,这最初源自俄罗斯的文献。
What the chart does is it tells you there's been a handful of studies on it out of New Zealand of some power lifters and stuff, but this is from the Russian literature, I believe, originally.
但不管怎样,它告诉你在某个百分比下,一周内总共应该做多少次重复。
But anyways, it tells you how many reps to do throughout the week total at a given percentage.
换句话说,比如在70%到80%之间,总共要完成这么多次数。
So in other words, hey, between 70% to 80% accumulate this many reps.
在80%到90%之间完成这么多次数,90%、95%等等也是如此。
Between 80% to 90% accumulate this many reps, accumulate 90%, 95%, etcetera.
它给你一个范围,告诉你每周总共应该保持多少次重复。
And it gives you a range of reps to stay within in terms of total per week.
这相当不错,因为它会告诉你,你能承受多少最大强度训练,以及为了支撑这些训练,你需要做多少辅助训练。
And that's pretty good because it'll tell you sort of like, here's the amount of max effort you can get away with, and then here's how much supporting work you need to do to make sure that stuff can happen.
这通常相当有效,能让你接近目标。
It's generally pretty effective to get you close.
要做到这一点,你需要知道自己的最大一次重复重量。
Now to do this, you need to know your one RM.
是的。
Mhmm.
好的。
Okay.
所以这稍微跑题了,但可能有关联。
So this is a bit of an aside, but it might be relevant.
有这些设备。
There there are these devices.
我忘了它的名字。
I forget the name of it.
我其实有一个,很喜欢用。
I actually have one and I enjoy using it.
不过我想不起它的名字了。
I can't remember the name of it though.
它是一个小装置,放在地上,有一条带子固定在杠铃上。
It's a little thing that sits on the ground and it has a strap that goes on the bar.
哦,是速度传感器,对。
Oh, velocity transducers, yeah.
对,对,对,我想不起我那个的名称,但我挺喜欢那个东西的。
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I can't remember the name of the one I have, but I quite fancy the thing.
可能是Jim Aware吗?
Probably Jim aware?
不,我用的是另一个。
No, I have a different one.
我觉得它以V开头。
It starts with a V I think.
但不管怎样,假设我做一组五次重复。
But anyway, so if I do a set, let's say I'm doing a set of fives.
如果我想有一天做五组每组五次,它会测量每次重复动作的速度,单位是英尺每秒或米每秒。
If I wanna do five sets of five one day, it's measuring the speed in feet per second or meter per second of each rep.
它知道重量,所以我告诉它我加了多少重量,它就会测量速度。
It knows the weight, so I tell it how much weight I'm putting on and it's measuring the velocity.
它会根据每次重复告诉我两件对我来说很重要的事,对吧?
And it's telling me based on each rep two things that matter to me, right?
一是根据我移动重量的速度,我的预估一次最大重复重量是多少,二是我的疲劳程度如何。
One is what's my projected one RM based on the speed that I'm moving that, and what's my level of fatigue?
我了解到,重量越轻,它的准确性就越低。
As I've learned, the lower the weight, the less accurate it is.
如果你在杠铃上只放了135磅,只是在热身,无论你多快地完成动作,它都无法准确预测结果。
If you have 135 pounds on the bar and you're warming up, there's no amount of speed you can put on that that will get you anywhere within what its prediction is.
但一旦你进入五次重复的重量范围,它的准确性就相当高了。
But once you get into that five rep range, it's pretty accurate.
你觉得这个精度对于像我这样根本不想测一次最大重量的人来说,已经足够了吗?
Do you think that's accurate enough for someone like me who doesn't actually want to do a one RM?
还是你觉得我只是在矫情?
Or do you think I'm just being a wussy?
你确实是在
You are being
矫情。
wussy.
是的。
Yeah.
但是
But
你还可以做一次最大重复次数测试。
the other thing you can do is just do a rep max test.
网上有很多计算器,选一个你感觉舒适的重量,做3到10次重复。
So there's any number of online calculators, put a weight on that you're comfortable with and do it anywhere between three to 10 reps.
然后你就可以说,好吧,我用200磅做了8次。
And then you can say, okay, I did 200 pounds for eight reps.
然后它会算出你的单次最大重量,你就根据这个来。
And it'll say that's your one RM and then go off that.
是的。
Yep.
不过我要给你提一个注意事项。
Now one one caveat I'll give you there.
这些估算最多能推到20次,但准确性非常差。
Those estimates will go up to, like, 20 reps per set, but the accuracy is awful.
所以如果你要做一次最大重量测试,我通常建议保持在8次以下。
So if you're gonna do a rep max test, I generally recommend staying below eight reps.
如果你能控制在3到8次之间,对大多数人来说,结果会相当准确。
If you can stick between, like, three to eight range, that's gonna give you a pretty accurate score for most people.
你之前说过一句话,我现在觉得挺有共鸣的。
You said something earlier that I now I think kinda resonates.
我从来就没觉得那些计算器对我有用。
I have never found those calculators to work for me.
哦,你是慢肌纤维型的人。
Oh, you're a slow Twitch guy.
是的。
Yeah.
不可能。
There's no way.
绝对不可能。
No way.
我觉得我是慢肌纤维型的,因此我能做的重复次数远超你的预期,所以那些计算器告诉我我应该能举起更大的重量,但我实际上做不到。
I think I'm a slow Twitch guy, and therefore, I can do way more reps than you would expect, and therefore, it tells me I should be able to lift more at one RM and I can't.
是的,你以85%的强度做15次重复,这根本不可能。
Yeah, there's no chance whatever you're doing for, at your 85%, you're doing 15 reps.
我只会做4次。
I'm gonna do four.
所以我是超快肌纤维型的人。
So I'm a super fast switch guy.
还有另一点,我认为你需要结合自己的基因和训练历史来考虑这个问题。
That's the other thing I think that is you need to couch that with your own genetics and training history as well.
好的。
Okay.
我们这里说的是几组?
How many sets are we talking about here?
所以,如果我进健身房,说好吧,今天是硬拉日。
So if I'm coming into the gym, saying, okay, well, today's the deadlift day.
假设我采用西区杠铃训练法,当天的主要训练组围绕我的硬拉进行。
And let's just say I'm doing the kind of the west side barbell approach where the main set of the day, the working sets are around my deadlift.
然后我会在之后做辅助训练和耐力训练。
And then I'll do the accessory and endurance stuff later.
我们已经确定你不希望我超过五次重复。
We've established you don't want me going above five reps.
热身结束后,你建议我当天做多少组正式训练?
Once I've done my warmup, how many working sets would you have for me in that day?
是的,也许我可以从最开始回答。
Yeah, so maybe I could answer the very beginning.
你可以仅用这个叫做三到五的原则来解答所有力量训练的问题。
You can answer this whole matrix for strength with just this thing called three to five.
这就是三到五的原则。
So the three to five concept.
每周训练三到五天,做三到五种动作,每组三到五次,总共三到五组,每组之间休息三到五分钟。
Three to five days per week, three to five exercises, three to five reps per set, three to five total sets, and then three to five minutes rest between each set.
这个方法非常通用。
It's pretty universal.
它可以让你每周只训练三天。
That can take you as low as three days a week.
你会做三种动作,每种做三组,每组三次。
You're gonna do three exercises for three sets of three.
但强度必须足够高。
Now the intensity has got to be high.
必须得有相当大的负荷,对吧?
Got to be a lot of load, right?
它也可能让你每周训练五天,做五个动作,每个动作五组,这种训练量会非常大,当然前提是负荷安排得当。
It could take you all the way to five days a week, five exercises, five sets of five, and that volume is gonna be really taxing, again, if you're loading it appropriately.
因为我们属于力量举类别
Since we're under the power lifting category
但为了明确一下,安迪,这就是力量矩阵。
But just to be clear, Andy, that's the strength matrix.
这里的强度列指的是,无论你是哪种运动员,当你想专注于力量训练时——每个运动员都必须具备力量,包括短跑运动员——你就得遵循三到五的原则。
That's the strength column here is regardless of which of those athletes you are, when you wanna focus on your strength part of what you do, which every one of those athletes has to be strong, including the sprinter, you've gotta be in the three to five.
是的。
Yeah.
而且你也可以这么说,我前面已经提过,是一到五,这样也很棒。
And now you could also say, again, I already said earlier, one to five, so it's great.
但这样让规则变得简单易懂。
But this just makes kind of the rule super easy for people to understand.
我当然不是这个方法的发明者。
I certainly didn't invent this.
这个方法已经存在了非常、非常、非常长的时间。
This has been around for a very, very, very long time.
你可以在90年代甚至更早的书籍中找到它。
You'll find this in books in the '90 1990s and well earlier than that.
但这是一个简单易记的一句话,适合用来记忆力量训练。
But it's an easy one kind of one liner for people to remember for strength.
所以是天数、动作、次数、休息。
So it's days, exercises, reps, rest.
组数。
Sets.
组数。
Sets.
所有这些。
All that.
对吧?
Right?
所以再次强调,因为我们是在进行力量举和力量训练,这种三到五次的范围只有在负荷足够重时才有效。
So again, since we're in power lifting and since we're in strength, that three to five only works though if you're loading that heavy.
如果你用轻重量,这种方法就不适用了。
If you're going light, that's not gonna work.
为了明确起见,我们来给听众解释一下这指的是什么。
And just to be clear, let's explain to people what that means.
你更倾向于用RPE还是剩余次数?
Do you prefer RPE or reps in reserve?
哪种都可以。
Either way.
你能跟大家解释一下这两个术语的含义,以及他们该如何用它们来理解这一点吗?
You wanna just explain to people what those two mean and how they can use it to think about this?
RPE是主观用力等级,意思是感觉有多吃力?
RPE, rating of perceived exertion, how hard is it?
你可以使用六到二十的量表。
You could do this scale of six to 20.
这是原始的博格量表。
It's original Borg scale.
你可以使用一到十的量表。
You could do it one to 10.
你可以使用一到五的量表。
You could do it one to five.
无论量表的上限是多少,都代表你所能完成的最艰难的一次重复,然后你据此进行调整。
Whatever the top end of the scale is the hardest repetition you could ever do, and you scale back.
所以,你并不总是需要在量表的高值端。
So you don't technically need to always be at the high end of the scale there.
但如果你使用一到五的量表,你就不能在这个量表上只选二。
But you can't be If you're going on a scale of one to five, you can't be at two on this thing.
四可能是最佳点。
Four is probably the sweet spot.
次数预留是另一个类似的概念,意思是如果你觉得自己能做10次,但我希望你预留2次,那就意味着你该在做第8次时停止。
Reps in reserve is another similar idea where it says like, if you thought you could do 10 reps on this and I want you to do two reps in reserve, that means I want you to stop at eight reps.
对吧?
Right?
所以你预留了两次次数。
So you left two repetitions in reserve.
你把它们留在了器械上。
You left them on the table there.
力量训练也是同样的道理,对吧?
Same thing would be strength, right?
比如,我们来做一组4次,我希望你预留1次次数。
So like, hey, we're going to do a set of four here, and I want you at a one rep in reserve.
所以你做到第4次时会想,我还能再做一次,但不能再做两次了。
So you're to get that into four and go, I would have one left, but I wouldn't have two.
我肯定不能再做三次了。
I certainly wouldn't have three.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。