本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这是iHeart播客《 Guaranteed Human 》。
This is an iHeart podcast, Guaranteed Human.
嘿。
Hey.
我是诺拉·琼斯,我非常热爱与人一起演奏音乐,因此我的播客《Playing Along》回归了。
I'm Nora Jones, and I love playing music with people so much that my podcast called Playing Along is back.
我会与来自各种音乐风格的音乐人坐在一起,在亲密的环境中共同演奏歌曲。
I sit down with musicians from all musical styles to play songs together in an intimate setting.
每一集都略有不同,但都涉及音乐以及与我一些最喜爱的音乐人的对话。
Every episode's a little different, but it all involves music and conversation with some of my favorite musicians.
在过去两季中,我邀请了诸如戴夫·格罗尔、莱维、梅维斯·斯泰普尔斯、雷米·沃尔夫、杰夫·特威迪等特别嘉宾,实在太多,无法一一列举。
Over the past two seasons, I've had special guests like Dave Grohl, Leve, Mavis Staples, Remy Wolf, Jeff Tweedy, really too many to name.
而这一季,我与
And this season, I've sat down
黑爪哇乐队、亚历西亚·卡拉、莎拉·麦克拉克兰等人进行了对话。
with Black Pumas, Alessia Cara, Sarah McLaughlin, and more.
去看看我与约翰·传奇的新一期节目。
Check out my new episode with John Legend.
我觉得在很多方面,
I feel like in a lot
职业生涯在某些方面是平行的,但不知为何从未交汇过。
of ways, careers are paralleled in some ways, but they just never intersected for some reason.
我知道。
I know.
我们应该放慢脚步。
We should take it slow.
我只是想和普通人一起。
Just want ordinary people.
我们不知道你去了哪个方向。
We don't know which way you've gone.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听诺拉·琼斯的《Playing Along》。
Listen to Nora Jones is playing along on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
如果发生了难以想象的事情,你会打电话给谁?
Who would you call if the unthinkable happened?
我妹妹被射了22枪。
My sister was shot 22 times.
警察。
A police officer.
对吧?
Right?
但当那个怪物就是那个穿蓝衣服的人时,你该怎么办?
But what do you do when the monster is the man in blue?
这家伙就是恶魔。
This dude is the devil.
他会伤害你。
He'll hurt you.
这个
This
是
is the
这是一个侦探的故事,他曾以为自己凌驾于法律之上,直到我们联手将他绳之以法。
story of a detective who thought he was above the law until we came together to take him down.
我说过,你会一直看到我的脸,直到你死的那天。
I said, you're gonna see my face till the day that you die.
我抓住你了。
I got you.
我抓住你了。
I got you.
我抓住你了。
I got you.
请在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或您常用的播客平台收听《Girlfriends Untouchable》。
Listen to the Girlfriends Untouchable on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
铃儿响叮当。
Jingle bells.
铃儿响叮当。
Jingle bells.
一路叮当作响。
Jingle all the way.
嘿。
Yo.
嘿。
Yo.
嘿。
Yo.
嘿。
Yo.
我们能先过感恩节吗?
Can we get Thanksgiving first?
我饿了。
I'm hungry.
大家最近怎么样?
What's up, y'all?
我是卡迪姆。
It's Kadim.
还有主持人德瓦尔,
And Deval, the host of
《艾利斯永恒之后》播客的主持人。
the Ellis Ever After podcast.
这个假期,
This holiday season
远离喧嚣,收听《艾利斯永恒之后》。
Tune out the noise and tune in to Ellis Ever After.
在《艾利斯永恒之后》中,我们会与我们的团队真实地聊聊家庭、爱情与婚姻,
On Ellis Ever After, we get real with our crew about family, love and marriage
以及其间的一切。
And everything else in between.
在全美排名第一的播客网络iHeart上收听《Ellis Ever After》。
Listen to Ellis Ever After on America's number one podcast network, iHeart.
关注《Ellis Ever After》,今天就免费下载iHeartRadio应用开始收听吧。
Follow Ellis Ever After and start listening on the free iHeartRadio app today.
你有没有听过那些真实犯罪节目,结果发现自己问题比答案还多?
Have you ever listened to those true crime shows and found yourself with more questions than answers?
谁会欺骗一座城市?
Who catfishes a city?
吸食人类遗骸真的安全吗?
Is it even safe to snort human remains?
那是《火爆浪子》的剧情吗?
Is that the plot of Footloose?
我是喜剧演员罗里·斯科维尔,我来告诉你们,乔什·迪恩和我推出了一档新播客,致敬世界上那些最愚蠢罪犯的惊人创意。
I'm comedian Rory Scovel, and I'm here to tell you Josh Dean and I have a new podcast that celebrates the amazing creativity of the world's dumbest criminals.
它叫《Crimeless》,一档真实犯罪喜剧播客。
It's called Crimeless, a true crime comedy podcast.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听。
Listen on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
我知道他名声不好,但迟早会出事的
I know he has a reputation, but it's gonna catch
找上他。
up to him.
加布·奥尔蒂斯是一名警察。
Gabe Ortiz is a cop.
他的兄弟拉里是个谜团,直到为时已晚,加布才想揭开真相。
His brother, Larry, a mystery Gabe didn't wanna solve until it was too late.
他是这个帮派的头目。
He was the head of this gang.
你会为了这个事业越界吗?
You gonna push that line for the cause?
他收留了我们,教我们什么是他们所谓的‘游戏’。
Took us under his wing and showed us the game, as they call it.
当拉里被杀后,加布必须解开一段危险的过去,这段过去可能摧毁他自以为了解的一切。
When Larry's killed, Gabe must untangle a dangerous past, one that could destroy everything he thought he knew.
在iHeartRadio应用、Apple Podcasts或您收听播客的任何平台收听《奥尔蒂斯兄弟》。
Listen to the Brothers Ortiz on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
大家好。
Hello, everybody.
我是杰玛·斯派克,欢迎回到《二十岁的心理学》播客,在这里我们探讨二十岁期间最重要的变化、时刻与转折,以及它们对我们的心理意味着什么。
I'm Gemma Spike, and welcome back to the psychology of your twenties, the podcast where we talk through the biggest changes, moments, and transitions of our twenties and what they mean for our psychology.
大家好。
Hello, everybody.
欢迎回到本节目。
Welcome back to the show.
欢迎回到本播客。
Welcome back to the podcast.
无论是新听众还是老听众,无论你们身在世界何处,很高兴你们再次回到这里,和我们一起深入剖析二十岁的心理学。
New listeners, old listeners, wherever you are in the world, it is so great to have you here back for another episode as we, of course, break down the psychology of our twenties.
今天,朋友们,我有个大消息要宣布。
Today, guys, I have some big news.
我搬到了伦敦。
I moved to London.
对一些在Instagram上关注我的人来说,这可能不算什么新闻,但这是真的。
Might not be big news for some of you who follow me on Instagram, but it's true.
我成功跨越了大西洋。
I have made the leap across the pond.
《你二十多岁的心理学》正式成为一档英国播客。
The psychology of your twenties is officially a UK based podcast.
这非常令人兴奋,我想谈谈我在二十多岁时决定移居海外的原因、这段时间的经历、我们学到的东西、一些失败和困难的部分、文化适应,以及一些给想做同样事情的人的建议,还有我打算如何结交朋友等等。
It's been very exciting, and I wanna talk about my decision to move overseas in my twenties, what's been going on, what we've learnt, some of the failing, some of the harder parts, the cultural adjustments, and, yeah, just some advice that I would give for people who want to do the same and how I'm going to plan to meet friends and all that kind of stuff.
真的有太多话题要聊了。
Like, there's just a lot to talk about.
首先,我是和我的男朋友一起搬过来的,我那可爱又棒的男朋友。
To begin with, I moved with my boyfriend, with my lovely, amazing boyfriend.
我会告诉你们我们是怎么决定去伦敦的,包括我们是什么时候决定的,以及如何做出这个决定的。
And I'm gonna tell you the story of how we decided on London and kind of when we decided and how we decided to move.
让我们从我第一次见到他的时候说起,当我第一次遇到汤姆时,我觉得你们可能已经知道这个故事了,但那真的非常意外。
So taking it all the way back to when I first met him, when I first met Tom, I feel like you guys know the story, but it was very unexpected.
我当时在巴厘岛。
I was in Bali.
我在Hinge上匹配到了这个家伙,但后来有段时间没理他。
I was on Hinge, and I matched with this guy, then ended up ghosting him for a little bit.
这个家伙,我现在已经和他在一起快三年了,他太棒了。
That guy, I've now been with him for, like, almost three years, and he's incredible.
不过,当我遇到他的时候,我刚辞掉了全职工作,当时觉得自己是个二十多岁的单身女孩。
At the time that I met him, though, I had just quit my full time job, and I was like, I'm a single girl in her twenties.
我想搬到伦敦。
I wanna move to London.
对于那些住在英国或澳大利亚的人来说,你们知道这简直是一种潮流。
And for those who are in The UK or in Australia, you'll know it's like a big trend.
在澳大利亚,有个笑话是说你一到25岁就会搬去伦敦。
There's like a whole joke that you turn 25 in Australia and you move to London.
这简直是一种非常经典的移民模式。
Like, it's a very classic, like, migratory pattern.
很多人都这么做。
Like, a lot of people do it.
我真的觉得,现在我认识的在伦敦的澳大利亚朋友,比在悉尼的时候还多,因为这实在太普遍了。
I genuinely think that at this point, I have more friends in like, Australian friends in London than I did in Sydney because of just, like, you know, how how classic it is.
我当时就想,你知道吗?
And I was like, you know what?
伦敦听起来很棒。
London sounds great.
我认识很多人在这里,而且我本来计划年底就搬过去。
I, like, knew a lot of people here, and I was going to move at the end of the year.
然后我遇到了这个了不起的人。
And then I met this amazing person.
当我遇到汤姆时,我内心非常平静,觉得男人并不该排在第一位。
And I feel like when I met Tom, I was in such a great centered headspace of, like, a man does not come first.
如果这个我明显很欣赏的人,和我没有相同的梦想,那也没关系。
And if this guy who I obviously am really into, like, isn't doesn't have the same dreams as me, that's okay.
但我不会假装这段关系能成功。
But, like, I'm not gonna pretend it's gonna work.
所以我很快告诉他:我想让你知道,我计划长期住在海外。
So very quickly, said to him, I wanna let you know, like, I really plan on living overseas.
无论去哪里,我的心都坚定地想着伦敦、西雅图,或者我也真的很想搬到哥本哈根。
Wherever that may be, like, my heart's really set on, like, either London or, like, Seattle or, I think I also really wanted to move to Copenhagen.
我的心真的已经决定了。
And I was like, my heart's really set on that.
所以,这绝对是个原则性问题。
So, you know, it is a deal breaker.
如果这不在你的生活规划里,能告诉我吗?
If that's not in your life plans, can you let me know?
他花了一些时间考虑,然后说,如果一切顺利,我真的很想和你一起这么做。
He, like, took some time away and was like, I've decided that I would really wanna do that with you if things go well.
显然,我们才约会了六个月。
Obviously, we've literally been dating for six months.
现在想想,我当时居然问:‘我们什么时候搬去海外?’,这真有点疯狂。
Now that I think about it, it's just a little bit wild that I was like, so when are we gonna move overseas?
他却说:‘我甚至都不知道你的血型。’
And he's like, I don't even I don't even know your blood type.
我连你父母都不认识。
I don't know your parents.
但我觉得这事儿还是值得推荐的。
Like, you know, but I would recommend it.
我们对此达成了非常明确的共识。
We we got very clear on it.
他是一名律师。
He is a lawyer.
我不确定之前有没有说过,但他是个律师。
I don't know if I've told said that before, but he's a lawyer.
在澳大利亚,你成为律师后,必须完成两年的专业实践。
And in Australia, you become a lawyer, and then you have to do two years of, like, professional practicing.
所以严格来说,他是个律师,但你得先拿到一个叫PAE的资格。
So technically, he's a lawyer, but you've got to get this thing called PAE.
你得先实践,然后才能成为——我要说错了——一个持证律师。
You've got to practice, and then you can become an like, I'm gonna butcher it, but like a a licensed lawyer.
也就是说,你可以独立执业,无需监督。
Like, you can practice without supervision.
这和医生做住院医师培训有点类似。
It's kind of the same with, doing residency as a doctor.
他跟我说,不过我得完成这个步骤。
And he said to me, you know, I have to do this, though.
重点来了。
So here's the kicker.
如果你想搬过去,你得给我两年时间,因为他刚成为律师,所以你得给我两年。
If you wanna move, you're gonna have to give me two years because he'd literally just become a lawyer, so you're have to give me two years.
对,没错。
And I yeah.
你知道吗?
You know what?
这个故事结局很好,但当时每个人都问我:你为什么要这么做?
Now that story has a good end, but I at the time, like, everybody was like, why are you doing that?
为什么你要把自己的生活搁置,把你的梦想推迟两年,只为一个你才认识六个月的人,还指望一切能顺利?
Like, why are you gonna put your life on hold, put a dream that you have on hold for two years for this guy that you've only known for six months and, like, hope it's gonna work out?
他说想跟你一起去,但如果他不去呢?
And he says he wants to come with you, but what if he doesn't?
我知道我可以信任他。
I knew I could trust him.
那两年时间转眼就过去了。
The two years just, like, flew by.
今年年初,我们坐下来商量,我们真的要这么做吗?
At the start of this year, we sat down and we were like, are we gonna do this?
我们真的要这么做吗?
Like, is this something that we're gonna do?
你知道,这是我给自己设定的目标。
You know, that was a goal that I set.
而且他其实也一直很积极,就在不久之前。
And you really he also is was really keen on, like, a little while ago now.
在你二十多岁时,一年就像五年那样漫长。
Like, time like, a year in your twenties is a is, like, five years.
在那段时间里,会发生太多变化。
Like, so much can change during that time.
这还是我们想做的事吗?
Like, is this still something that we wanna do?
你知道吗,他说:绝对,绝对要干!
And, you know, he said, abso freaking lutely.
我们干吧。
Let's do it.
所以我们定下了日期。
So we set a date.
我们觉得十二月特别合适,因为显然那是他完成PAE的时候。
We were like, December works really, really well because, obviously, that's when he passes, like finishes his PAE.
我们订了机票,一切发生得非常非常快。
And we booked our flights, and it all happened very, very quickly.
这很讽刺。
This is the ironic thing.
这很奇怪。
This is the weird thing.
我们有个计划,但其实我们应该计划得更周全一些。
To have a plan like, we should have planned more.
对吧?
Right?
我们早就知道这件事迟早会发生,但我真的觉得我们直到最近两个月才真正开始规划。
We knew this was gonna happen for two years, and I genuinely think we only made the plans for it to happen in the last two months.
比如,我知道我们是在十月订的机票,主要是因为生活实在太忙太混乱了。
Like, I know that we we booked our flights in October, mainly because life is just very busy and chaotic.
这并不是说我们不打算去,只是我们一直在想,什么时候才是最合适的时间?
And it's not that we weren't committed to going, but I think we were just like, when is gonna be the right time?
我们是该在圣诞节前去,还是圣诞节后去?
Do we do before Christmas, after Christmas?
结果就这样顺其自然地决定了——我们在假期前搬了过来,一切都美好又充满节日气氛。
And it just kind of ended up working that, yeah, we've moved right before the holidays, and it's beautiful and it's Christmassy.
到目前为止,一切都不可思议地棒。
So far, it has been incredible.
到目前为止,最大的适应挑战有这些。
Here are here have been the biggest adjustments.
首先是天气。
Firstly is the weather.
天气和阳光,我知道这听起来很老套,很多人都会这么说。
I the weather and the sunlight, and I know that's, like, so cliche and so many people talk about it.
我在澳大利亚时,每天会花大约三到四个小时在户外。
When I'm in Australia, I spend, I would say, a good three to four hours outdoor outdoors a day.
我在遛狗。
I'm walking my dog.
我去散步。
I go for walks.
我在后院工作。
I work in my backyard.
我真的很喜欢阳光,而且这里并不太冷。
I really like the sunshine, and it really doesn't get that cold.
有些人会抱怨,但其实也没那么糟糕。
Some people complain about it, but it's like it's it's really not that bad.
下午四点就日落,这让我彻底崩溃,也让我很难对抗时差,因为一到四点,我就想喝点热红酒,然后上床睡觉。
The sun setting at, like, 4PM has smashed me and also made it very hard to fight jet lag because as soon as it hits 4PM, I wanna have, like, a little mulled wine and I wanna go to bed.
宝宝想要的,宝宝就能得到。
And what baby wants, baby gets.
所以我一直让自己这么做。
So I've been letting myself do that.
我本来打算熬到早上七点半或八点,但确实因为时差问题变得更难了,而且我感觉待在室内的时间变多了,晒太阳的机会也少了,这让我很不适应。
I've been, like, holding out till, like, 07:30, eight, but definitely, like, I'm the jet lag is is making it harder, and I just feel like the difficulty of being indoors a lot more and not getting as much sunshine has been difficult.
而且正好赶上圣诞节,我们刚到这儿那周,我去和我两个最好的朋友史蒂夫和乔吃了晚饭,他们三个月前就搬过来了。
Also coming at Christmas time, I like, the week we got here, I went and had, dinner with, like, two of my best friends, Steph and Joe, who moved, like, three months before we did.
吃饭的时候,史蒂夫问我:‘你被催眠了吗?’
And Steph, we were, like, having dinner, she was like, have you been shoved yet?
我回答:‘没有。’
And I was like, no.
什么?
What the heck?
她又说:‘我也是这样。’
And she's like I was like, no.
我还没被推过。
I haven't been shoved.
没人会推我,没人能推我。
Nobody shoves Nobody's gonna shove me.
我个子挺高的。
Like, I'm pretty tall.
我肩膀很宽。
I'm, like, got broad shoulders.
没人能推得了我。
Like, no one's gonna shove me.
她就说,总有一天你会被推的。
And she was like, one of these days, you're gonna get shoved.
你会被推一把的。
You're gonna get pushed.
然后你会来找我说,今天就是我被推的那天。
And then you're gonna come to me and say, this today was the day that I shoved.
我正式可以说我住在伦敦了,结果第二天就真的发生了。
I'm officially I can say I'm living in London, and then it literally happened the next day.
坐地铁、坐公交车时,我觉得和陌生人身体接触太多了,这在澳大利亚可没有,而且冬天可能也少了些‘再见’、‘嗨’和闲聊。
Getting on the tube, getting on the bus, I feel like there's so much bodily contact with strangers that, like, I don't have in Australia and a lot less, like, cheerio and and hi and and chatting maybe just because it's winter.
这让我有点不适应。
That's been a little bit of an adjustment.
另外,说个转折,就在我们到这儿不到五天后,澳大利亚发生了一起恐怖袭击。
Also, you know, just to take a turn, like, you know, there was like, a terrorist attack in Australia when like, a a less than five days after we got here.
那是一起反犹太主义的恐怖袭击,地点是我们称之为家、经常去、熟悉的地方。
It was, like, this anti Semitic terrorist attack in a place that, like, we called home and that we visited and that we knew.
我两个最好的朋友以前就住在举办哈努卡节的场所对面。
I my two of my best friends used to live across the road from where the festival, the Hanukkah festival, was being held.
我记得,这太疯狂了。
And I remember, like, this is wild.
但两年前节日举办时,我正在帮他们照看狗,还观看了节日活动。
But two years ago when it was being held, I was pet sitting their dog and watching the festival.
而且想想看,是啊。
And to think that, like, yeah.
天啊。
Oh my god.
我得别为此情绪激动,因为这太悲伤了。
I need to not get emotional about it because it's very sad.
但在澳大利亚,这种事是不会发生的。
But, you know, in Australia, like, this stuff doesn't happen.
我知道人人都这么说,但真的不会发生。
And I know everybody says that, but it really doesn't.
这太令人震惊了。
And it's so shocking.
这一直很难受。
And it's been hard.
我期待住在伦敦,但这种想要哀悼、悲伤,以及和朋友家人在一起的感觉确实很难受。
I'm excited about living in London, but it has been hard feeling like you wanna mourn and grieve and be around friends and family.
但他们相隔数千英里,而你已经不住在那个城市了。
But they're thousands of miles away, and you don't live in that city anymore.
而你所在的新城市里,周围的人都照常生活着。
And everyone around you in this new city that you live in is carrying on as usual.
这感觉就像一种奇怪的移植时刻,你只想找个人聊聊这件事。
And it it just doesn't feel it's just a weird transplant moment where you're like, I just wanna talk to somebody about this.
是啊,每个人都在继续谈论那天的事。
And, yeah, everybody's just kind of going on about that day.
当澳大利亚人睡觉时,我们却醒着。
Like, when Australia is asleep, we're awake.
所以,当你上床睡觉时,新闻突然传来,等你醒来时,却没人能和你一起消化这些信息。
And so, you know, you go to bed and then all this news comes in and you wake up and you have nobody to really process it with.
伦敦和英国有很多澳大利亚人,这是一段奇怪的经历,前几天我在森宝利超市时,听到了一个澳大利亚口音。
And there's a lot of Australians in in London and in The UK, and it's been this weird experience where I was in Sainsbury's the other day and I, like, heard somebody with an Australian accent.
我当时觉得这很奇怪。
And I was like it was weird.
我简直想说,天哪。
I, like, wanted to oh my god.
我不想哭。
I don't wanna cry.
但我真想走过去打个招呼,就说:天啊,发生了这么可怕的事,这种莫名的引力让我无法忽视。
But, like, I wanted to go over and say hi and just be like it was this weird gravitational pull of, like, this terrible thing has happened.
而且,说实话,这感觉真的很奇怪。
And, like, I it was weird.
我不会走上去跟一个陌生人说:嘿。
I'm not gonna go up to a stranger and be like, hey.
你能帮我处理一下这种莫名的哀伤,还有因为我没能支持受害者、朋友和家人而产生的内疚吗?
Can you help me process, like, I don't know, like, my my weird disenfranchised grief and maybe also guilt for not being able to support the victims and and my friends and family.
所以,就是这样。
So yeah.
哇。
Wow.
这转折得有点突然。
That took a turn.
真的转折了。
It took a turn.
但这种经历真的很奇怪,明明只想为你的社区、这些失去生命的人和受害者做点什么,却只能在千里之外干看着,希望你从远方传递的爱能被接收到,我不知道。
But it's it's just been a weird experience being, like, just wanting to do something for your community and these people and that have lost their lives and and these victims and having to just kind of watch from a thousand miles away and and hope that, like, the love that you're sending from afar is being received and that I don't know.
这太可怕了。
It's just so awful.
这太可怕了。
It's just so awful.
但有些事,我们该怎么从这里开始改变呢?
But some of the like, how do you how do we how do we theme change from here?
我们来聊聊找公寓吧。
Let's talk about maybe apartment hunting.
这就对了。
There we go.
哦,这很有趣,因为自从这件事发生以来,我们其实根本没有地方住。
Oh, it's funny because, like, as this has been happening, like also, like, we don't really have a place to live.
刚到这儿的时候,这件事让我特别焦虑。
And it was really stressing me out, like, when we got here and then this has happened.
感觉这件事似乎也没那么重要了。
It just feels like it doesn't really matter as much.
这种经历真的很奇怪,比如我们刚到这儿的前几天,得知我们原本租的转租房黄了,然后一对特别棒的夫妇主动提出让我们租他们的房子三个月,因为他们要去美国,结果她的签证被拒了。
Like, it's been very bizarre where I'm like, oh, you know, first few days we were here, we got, like, some bad news that, like, our sublet had fallen through and these, like this amazing couple had, like, offered to let us sublet their home for three months because they were going to The US, then her visa got denied.
所以我们是在飞机上才得知,明年一月我们根本没地方住。
So we literally found out, like, on the plane that, like, oh, we don't have anywhere to live come January.
这段时间发生了一连串快速而混乱的事件。
So it's been, like, this very rapid series of events and and things that are going on.
在伦敦找公寓可不是给弱者准备的。
Apartment hunting in London is not for the weak.
我就直说了吧。
I will just say that.
现在这种价格欺诈太严重了,有些人说愿意租给我们,但接着又说,有人出价更高,他们已经接受了别人的报价。
The amount of price gouging that is happening, like, people who were like, we'll we'll offer, and then they'll say, well, somebody else has just offered more and we've accepted their offer.
但如果你愿意出900英镑,我们完全可以接受。
But if you want to offer £900, like, we could totally go for that.
然后我们就说,哦,是吗。
And then we're like, oh, yeah.
好吧。
Okay.
我们可以出这个价。
We can offer that.
他们却说,真遗憾。
They go, bad luck.
又有人回过头来提出了更高的报价。
Like, somebody else has come back with the other offer.
我简直想问,这个地方到底在搞什么鬼?
I'm like, what is going on in this location?
然后就是获取推荐信,以及事情进展有多快。
And then just, like, getting references in and how quickly things move.
希望当你听到这一集时,我们已经租到公寓了,因为我们已经提交了报价。
Fingers crossed, by the time you're listening to this episode, we will have an apartment because we put in an offer.
报价被接受了。
It got accepted.
我们提交了我们的推荐信。
We put in our references.
这 literally 在24小时内就完成了。
That literally happened within twenty four hours.
我们联系了对方,说想看房。
Like, we we reached out and like, we want to see the place.
然后我们看了房,提交了报价,报价被接受了,接着他们处理了我们的推荐信。
And then we saw it and then we put an offer and it was accepted and then they did our references.
我们之后就再没听到任何消息了。
We haven't heard anything since.
所以我只能祈祷一切会好起来。
So I'm like, fingers crossed it's gonna be okay.
但这整个过程真的是一场充满压力的经历。
But that has just been like a whole, like, experience of just of stress.
搬家到另一个国家是非常、非常有压力的。
Like, moving countries is deeply, deeply stressful.
我觉得我当初有点天真,以为不会那么糟,因为我自雇,不需要找工作。
And I think I was a little bit naive in thinking, like, it's not gonna be that bad because I work for myself and, like, I don't have to job hunt.
我以为既然我不用找工作,这件事就会很容易。
I thought that because I don't have to look for a job, this is gonna be really easy.
不,完全不是。
No.
这是一次巨大的调整,确实让我出现了一些强迫性思维和焦虑思维的反复。
It's just a major adjustment, and it's definitely, like, given me a bit of a flare up in, yeah, some obsessive thinking, some anxious thinking.
在我们离开之前,我就在想:我为什么这么焦虑?
And I like, before we left, I was like, why am I so stressed?
我为什么这么情绪化?
And why am I so emotional?
汤姆和我的朋友们说,因为你正在搬国家。
And Tom and my friends were like, because you're moving countries.
我说,是啊,但我们还没到那儿呢。
And I like, yeah, but we're not there yet.
所以,这不应该这么令人不堪重负。
So it's like, it shouldn't be this overwhelming.
而且,我觉得我确实低估了,这会有多令人不堪重负,说再见时有多奇怪——明明一周前还见过他们,感觉还挺正常的。
And, yeah, I think I definitely underestimated, yeah, how how overwhelming it's gonna be, how weird it is to say goodbye to everybody but still feel like, you know, you saw them a week ago, which is, like, kind of normal.
有时候你一周见不到朋友,但你知道接下来几周都见不到了,同时还感受到那种孤独。
You sometimes don't see your friends for a week, but knowing, like, you're not gonna see them in the next few weeks and having that bit of loneliness as well.
我在这里才待了……我不记得多久了。
I've only been here for I don't know.
已经过去多久了?
How long has it been?
真的才一周。
Like, genuinely a week.
我已经感受到一种压力,为什么我在这里连一个新朋友都没有?
And I've already felt this pressure to, like, how come I don't have any new friends here?
你才来这儿一周而已。
It's like, you've been here for a week.
而且,为什么我们连钥匙都还没拿到的公寓还没布置齐全呢?
And, like, oh, how come we our apartment that we don't even have the keys to isn't fully furnished yet?
为什么我们的英国银行账户还没开好?
And how come we don't have our UK bank accounts open?
我不知道你们在二十多岁搬去国外时有没有这种经历,但感觉你一到这儿,就期待生活已经万事俱备,却忘了以前你待过的城市,甚至更早之前的城市,都是从零开始一点点建立起来的。
And I don't know if this has been your experience if you've moved countries in your twenties, but it feels like you get here and you expect your life to be prebuilt and you forget that, like the city you were in before and the maybe the one before that, you had to build that from nothing and you had to build that up.
这些不可能直接移植到你新到的地方。
That's not just gonna be transplanted to wherever you are.
所以我对这个过程充满期待。
So I'm excited about that process.
我也非常紧张,我想谈谈我的方法和计划。
I'm also very nervous about it, and I want to talk about my approach, my game plan.
我是个非常高效的人,我喜欢提前规划好步骤,比如我该如何实现目标,如何建立友谊。
I'm I'm a very efficient person, and I like to have, like, my steps in place for, like, how I'm going to achieve something, how I'm going to achieve friendship.
所以,短暂休息后,我会谈谈这个。
So I'm gonna talk about that after this short break.
请继续关注我们。
Stay with us.
如果发生了最糟糕的情况,你会打电话给谁?
Who would you call if the unthinkable happened?
我摔倒后就开始大喊大叫。
I just fell and started screaming.
如果你以最可怕的方式失去了你爱的人,你会怎么办?
If you lost someone you loved in the most horrific way.
我说那被射了22枪。
I said that was shot 22 times.
警察。
The police.
对吧?
Right?
但如果你需要求助的人,恰恰是你最害怕的人呢?
But what if the person you're supposed to go to for help is the one you're the most afraid of?
这家伙是魔鬼。
This dude is the devil.
他是个蛇蝎之人。
He's a snake.
他会伤害你。
He'll hurt you.
我懂你。
I got you.
你。
You.
我罩着你。
I got you.
我是妮基·理查德森,欢迎收听《闺蜜》之《不可触碰》。
I'm Nikki Richardson, and this is The Girlfriends, Untouchable.
侦探罗杰·加卢普斯基几十年来利用警徽恐吓堪萨斯城的黑人女性,对她们进行恐吓和性侵,迫使她们保持沉默。
Detective Roger Galupski spent decades intimidating and sexually abusing Black women across Kansas City, using his police badge to scare them into silence.
这是一个关于一位看似凌驾于法律之上的侦探的故事,直到我们团结起来将他绳之以法。
This is the story of a detective who seemed above the law until we came together to take him down.
我
I
我对罗杰·戈卢布斯基说:‘你会一直看到我的脸,直到你死的那天。’
told Roger Golubski, I said, you're gonna see my face till the day that you die.
请在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或您收听播客的任何平台收听《不可触碰的闺蜜》。
Listen to the girlfriends untouchable on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
你有没有听过那些真实犯罪节目,却发现自己问题比答案还多?
Have you ever listened to those true crime shows and found yourself with more questions than answers?
这是什么?
And what is this?
这怎么不是我们都听过的故事?
How is that not a story we all know?
这是什么?你在哪?
What what's this you where is that?
为什么是湿的?
Why is it wet?
我们有个节目绝对适合你。
Boy, do we have a show for you.
来自Smartless Media、Campsite Media和Big Money Players的《Crimeless》。
From smartless media, campsite media, and big money players comes Crimeless.
和我一起加入吧,调查记者乔什·迪恩。
Join me, Josh Dean, investigative journalist.
还有我,喜剧演员罗里·斯科维尔,我们一起庆祝世界上那些最愚蠢罪犯的惊人创意。
And me, Rory Scovel, comedian, as we celebrate the amazing creativity of the world's dumbest criminals.
我们将探讨人们违反法律的一些最愚蠢的方式。
We'll look into some of the silliest ways folks have broken the laws.
老实说,这感觉更像是一场高级恶作剧,而不是犯罪。
Honestly, it feels more like a high level prank than a crime.
谁会欺骗一座城市?
Who catfishes a city?
并认识一些令人难忘的反英雄。
And meet some memorable anti heroes.
有成千上万只愤怒的、好色的猴子。
There are thousands of angry horny monkeys.
如果你觉得她是女巫,而且感到毛骨悚然,就鼓掌吧。
Clap if you think she's a witch, and it freaks you out.
他有X光视力。
He has X-ray vision.
我怎么能不跟着她呢?
How could I not follow her?
我真心得跟着他。
I honestly, I gotta follow him.
他能看穿我。
He can see right through me.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听《Crimeless》。
Listen to Crimeless on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
父亲坚信魔鬼正在攻击我们。
Dad had the strong belief that the devil was attacking us.
两个兄弟,一个虔诚的家庭,两条截然不同的道路。
Two brothers, one devout household, two radically different paths.
加布·奥尔蒂斯成为了德克萨斯州职位最高的执法官员之一。
Gabe Ortiz became one of the highest ranking law enforcement officers in Texas.
总共拥有三十二年的执法经验。
Thirty two years total law enforcement experience.
但他的兄弟拉里留在了家乡,建立了完全不同的遗产。
But his brother Larry, he stayed behind and built an entirely different legacy.
他是这个帮派的头目,没人敢命令他做什么。
He was the head of this gang, and nobody was gonna tell him what to do.
你得为这个事业坚持到底。
You're gonna push that line for the cause.
他收留了我们,向我们展示了他们所谓的‘游戏’。
Took us under his wing and showed us the game, as they call it.
当拉里被谋杀后,加布被迫面对他试图抛在身后的历史,并揭开从未预料到的秘密。
When Larry is murdered, Gabe is forced to confront the past he tried to leave behind and uncover secrets he never saw coming.
我爸爸还有
My dad had a whole
一段我们完全不知道的另一段人生。
another life that we never knew about.
我妈妈开始大喊我爸爸的名字,然后我只听到一声枪响。
Like, my mom started screaming my dad's name, and I just heard one gun shot.
《奥蒂兹兄弟》是一部扣人心弦的真实故事,讲述信仰、家庭,以及两个生命如何渐行渐远,最终以最惨烈的方式碰撞在一起。
The Brothers Ortiz is a gripping true story about faith, family, and how two lives can drift so far apart and collide in the most devastating way.
展开剩余字幕(还有 302 条)
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听《The Brothers Ortiz》。
Listen to The Brothers Ortiz on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.
嘿。
Hey.
我是诺拉·琼斯,我非常热爱与人一起演奏音乐,因此我的播客《Playing Along》回归了。
I'm Nora Jones, and I love playing music with people so much that my podcast called Playing Along is back.
我会与来自各种音乐风格的音乐家坐在一起,在亲密的环境中共同演奏歌曲。
I sit down with musicians from all musical styles to play songs together in an intimate setting.
每一集都略有不同,但都围绕音乐和与我最喜爱的音乐家们的对话展开。
Every episode's a little different, but it all involves music and conversation with some of my favorite musicians.
在过去的两季中,我邀请了诸如戴夫·格罗尔、莱维、梅维斯·斯台普斯、雷米·沃尔夫、杰夫·特威迪等嘉宾,实在太多,无法一一列举。
Over the past two seasons, I've had special guests like Dave Grohl, Leve, Mavis Staples, Remy Wolf, Jeff Tweedy, really too many to name.
而这一季,我与
And this season, I've sat down
黑紫檀、亚历西亚·卡拉、莎拉·麦克拉克伦等人进行了对话。
with Black Pumas, Alessia Cara, Sarah McLaughlin, and more.
收听我与约翰·传奇的新一期节目。
Check out my new episode with John Legend.
我觉得在很多方面,他们的职业生涯有些相似,但不知为何从未交集。
I feel like in a lot
在某些方面,职业生涯是平行的,但不知为何从未交汇。
of ways, careers are paralleled in some ways, but they just never intersected for some reason.
我知道。
I know.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple Podcasts 或你常用的任何播客平台收听诺拉·琼斯的《Playing Along》。
Listen to Nora Jones is playing along on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
嗨,凯尔。
Hi, Kyle.
能帮我起草一份简单的商业计划书吗?就一页,用 Google 文档,然后把链接发给我?
Could you draw up a quick document with the basic business plan, just one page, as a Google Doc and send me the link?
谢谢。
Thanks.
嘿,我刚给你弄好了那份简短的一页商业计划。
Hey, just finished drawing up that quick one page business plan for you.
这是链接。
Here's the link.
但根本没链接。
But there was no link.
也没看到商业计划。
There was no business plan.
这不怪他。
It's not his fault.
我还没给凯尔编程实现这个功能。
I hadn't programmed Kyle to be able to do that yet.
我叫埃文·拉蒂夫。
My name is Evan Ratliff.
在听了OpenAI首席执行官萨姆·阿尔特曼说的很多类似事情后,我决定创造我的AI联合创始人凯尔。
I decided to create Kyle, my AI cofounder, after hearing a lot of stuff like this from OpenAI CEO Sam Altman.
有一个赌局,赌的是第一年会出现一家由一个人创立的十亿美元公司,这在没有AI的时代是难以想象的,但现在它即将成为现实。
There's this betting pool for the first year that there's a one person billion dollar company, which would have been, like, unimaginable without AI, and now it will happen.
我开始想,我能不能成为那个人?
I got to thinking, could I be that one person?
我之前为我获奖的播客《Shell Game》制作过AI代理。
I'd made AI agents before for my award winning podcast, Shell Game.
在《Shell Game》这一季中,我正尝试用虚假的人来打造一家拥有真实产品的真正公司。
This season on Shell Game, I'm trying to build a real company with a real product run by fake people.
嘿,Evan。
Oh, hey, Evan.
很高兴你加入我们。
Good to have you join us.
我找到了一些关于AI代理在中小型企业中采用率的有趣数据。
I found some really interesting data on adoption rates for AI agents in small to medium businesses.
在iHeartRadio应用或你收听播客的任何平台收听《Shell Game》。
Listen to Shell Game on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
好的。
Okay.
所以我们到了。
So we're here.
我们在伦敦。
We're in London.
这里有一些人们问我关于搬家的问题。
Here are a couple questions that people had for me about the move.
第一个问题是:我的狗塔鲁怎么样了?
The first is what is happening to Tarloo, my dog?
如果你还不知道的话,我去年(今年)领养了一只狗,她是我的全部光明,非常棒。
So in case you don't know, I adopted a dog this last year, this year, and she's the light of my life and she is wonderful.
要把宠物带进英国很难,要把宠物带回澳大利亚也很难。
It is quite difficult to get pets into The UK but also to get pets back into Australia.
这引出了另一个问题:你打算待多久?
This kind of feeds into another question which is how long do you plan to stay?
关键是,我们也不知道。
And the thing is is that we don't know.
所以我们的决策过程是:如果六个月后,甚至一年后,我们发现自己根本不喜欢这里,想搬回去,那让狗狗经历搬家的过程就没有意义。
So our decision process was there is no point putting her through the process of moving if in six months, even a year, we're like, we actually don't like it here and we want to move back.
因此,我们决定给自己六个月的时间来决定到底想在这里待多久。
So what we're going to do is give ourselves six months to be to make a decision on how long do we wanna stay.
如果少于一年,我们就不会带她搬过来。
And if it's less than a year, we won't move her over.
如果超过一年,我们就会带她过来。
And if it's more, then we will.
相信我。
Trust me.
她很好。
She is fine.
她正过着最快乐的日子。
She is having the time of her life.
她现在和我父母以及我的姐妹们住在一起。
She's staying with my parents and my sisters.
他们真的很想要另一只狗,非常想要另一只狗。
They really wanted another dog, really want another dog.
但我的童年宠物狗年纪已经很大了,它还活着,所以他们不想养一只小狗,也不想养一只未经训练的新狗,因为我们的童年宠物狗还在。
But my childhood dog is quite elderly and he's still alive and they didn't want to get a puppy or they didn't want to get, you know, a new untrained dog, when our childhood dog was still alive.
你知道,你不想让另一只狗直接取代它的位置。
And, like, you know, it you don't want his replacement to be sitting right there.
这有点像一件奇怪而残忍的事情。
It's kind of like a weird cruel thing.
但他们确实很想要家里再有一只狗,尤其是随着它年纪越来越大。
But they did really want, like, another dog in the house, especially as he's getting older.
而这一切恰好完美地解决了问题,因为我的父母在未来几年内也将成为空巢老人。
And it just kind of worked out perfectly, also because my parents are gonna be empty nesters in the next couple of years.
他们不想养一只新狗,结果却发现家里已经没有孩子可以陪它玩了。
They didn't wanna get a new dog and then be like, now we don't have any kids at home to, like, play with this dog.
而且,你知道,我妹妹们真的很想要一只狗,但她们迟早要搬出去,不会照顾它,也不会常在身边。
And, you know, my sisters really want a dog, but, like, you know, they're gonna be out of home, and they're not gonna take care of it, and they're not gonna be around.
所以,实际上,这安排得非常好。
So, actually, it's worked out really, really well.
她和我小时候的狗相处得非常好。
And her and my childhood dog get along very well.
这非常可爱。
It's very cute.
我妹妹还养了一只她捡到的猫,其实也很可爱,它们相处得不错。
My sister also has this cat that she found, who's very cute, actually, and they're, like, getting along.
我另一个妹妹养了一只兔子。
And my other sister has a rabbit.
我三个妹妹,我有一只狗。
My three sisters, I have a dog.
我妹妹有一只兔子。
My sister has a rabbit.
我另一个姐姐养了一只猫。
My other sister has a cat.
它们看起来一模一样。
They all look exactly the same.
它们都是同一种黑白相间的动物。
They are all a very specific kind of black and white animal.
我们总是开玩笑说,这真是我们的风格。
And, like, we always joke that that's, like, our yeah.
就像我们选择的宠物反映了我们的灵魂,但它们都长得一样,这真的很有趣。
Like, that the reflection of our soul is in the pets that we chose, but the fact they all look same is quite funny.
就像我们有同一种宠物,只是字体不同。
Like, we have the same pet in different fonts.
所以塔拉没问题。
So Tala was fine.
塔拉非常开心。
Tala was very happy.
当我觉得她根本不知道我已经走了的时候,有点伤我自尊。
Kind of hurt my feelings a little bit when like, I don't actually think she knows that I'm gone.
我肯定她是知道的,但我的姐妹们一直在给我发照片。
I'm sure she does, but, like, my sisters are sending me photos.
我觉得这只狗过得挺开心的。
I'm like, this dog is having a great time.
我不是希望她难过,但我想,哦,真好。
I can't not that I wanted her to feel sad, but I was like, oh, great.
她已经忘记我了,这既是件好事、让人开心的事,又有点苦乐参半。
She she'd already forgotten about me, which is both a good a happy and and kind of, like, a bittersweet thing.
第二个问题,我们要待多久?
Second question, how long are we gonna stay?
抱歉。
Sorry.
要准确回答这个问题,我的签证是三年,如果我们喜欢这里,可以申请永久居留。
To properly address that, the like, ultimately, my visa is for three years, and then we can apply for permanent residency if we love it.
这可能有点想得太早了。
That's probably getting a little bit ahead of myself.
我只想先看看头六个月怎么样。
I'm just gonna see how the first six months goes.
如果我们喜欢这里,享受生活,并且朝着喜欢它的方向进步,我们就会留下来。
And if we love it, if we're enjoying it, if we're making progress towards loving it, we will stay.
我们会把我们可爱的狗接过来,希望对这个决定感到满意。
We will bring over our beautiful dog and hopefully be happy with that decision.
但我也在努力不再害怕承认自己错了并改变决定,因为它们并不对。
But I also am, like, trying not to be afraid of saying I'm wrong and going back on decisions because they're not right.
在我离开之前,我一直在想,如果我搬到伦敦却不喜欢怎么办?
I had this big thing before I left of, what if I move to London and I don't like it?
然后我得告诉别人我不喜欢这里,得搬回家,我是个失败者。
And, you know, people and then I have to tell people I don't like it, and I have to move home, and I'm a failure.
我不再受这种想法困扰了。
And, like, I'm not having any of that anymore.
我只是把这种想法从脑子里剔除。
I'm just cutting off that thought from my brain.
如果不对,我不会久留。
If it's not right, I'm not gonna linger.
我不会试图说服自己这是对的。
I'm not gonna try and convince myself it's right.
我会尽我所能,然后相信一切都会水到渠成;如果感觉不对,我们就转向下一件事。
I'm gonna give it the best I've got and then just trust that things are gonna fall into place, and if it's not and the feeling isn't there, we move on to the next thing.
我们就搬回家,或者搬到别的地方。
We move home, we move somewhere else.
我该怎么交朋友?
How am I gonna make friends?
这并不是我第一次搬到一个陌生的城市。
This is not the first time I've moved to a new city that I do not know.
我为了上大学搬到了堪培拉,大学毕业后搬到了悉尼,现在我住在伦敦。
I moved to Canberra for university, I moved to Sydney after university, now I live in London.
我知道,要花三个月才能对这个决定感到安心,六个月才能觉得自己有了朋友和社群,而这部分只是时间问题。
I know that it's gonna take three months to feel good about the decision, six months to feel like I have some friends and I have some community, and part of that is just time.
我经常给那些刚搬到新城市的人这样的建议:我该怎么办?
I often give this advice to people who are like I've moved to a new city, what do I do?
你得遵守六个月的规则。
You've got to abide by the six month rule.
头三个月会非常艰难,前六个月都会很困难,但几乎像一种科学规律:当你达到六个月的节点时,如果这个地方是你该待的地方,尤其是如果你一直在努力建立关系、融入社群,事情就会发生变化。
The three first three months are going to be really hard, the first six months are going to be difficult, but it's almost a science that, like, when you hit the six month mark, something will change for you, if this is where you're meant to be, especially if you're putting in the time and putting in the effort to making relationships, to making community.
六个月就是关键。
Six months is it.
所以我真的感觉自己在为这场马拉松做好准备。
And so I genuinely feel like I'm strapping myself in for this, like, marathon.
我正为接下来的六个月做好准备,就一句话:出发吧。
I'm strapping myself in for the next six months, and I'm just like, let's go.
让我们努力让这里真正成为家。
Let's work really hard at making this feel like home.
我将要做的最重要的事情是加入一个读书会。
The biggest things I'm gonna be doing is I'm joining a book club.
我要做志愿者。
I'm volunteering.
我要加入一个拳击小组,还要加入一个跑步俱乐部。
I'm joining a boxing group, and I'm joining a run club.
那种现成的团体、社区,我可以融入其中,或许还能提供一些服务或支持,真正成为其中一员,这一直是我的首选。
Ready made groups, communities like that that I can fit into and hopefully offer some services to or offer, like and really just, like, be a part of have always been my go to.
我搬到悉尼时,参加了一个人体素描班。
When I moved to Sydney, I joined a life drawing class.
我加入了一个攀岩馆。
I joined a climbing gym.
后来,我又加入了一个陶艺工作室,虽然对这些爱好渐渐失去了热情,但我觉得挺好。
I then, like, later on, I joined a pottery studio, kind of fallen out of love with those hobbies, but I'm like, great.
是时候开启下一轮了,我就是通过这种方式结识了一些很棒的、了不起的朋友。
It's time for the next round, and I made some wonderful, amazing friends that way.
我承诺要做的另一件事是:去同样的杂货店、同样的咖啡店、同样的健身房,走同样的上班路线。
The other thing I'm committing to doing is same grocery stores, same coffee shops, same gym, same route to work.
我去同样的餐厅。
I same restaurants.
我想认识我 neighborhood 里的人。
Like, I wanna meet the people in my neighborhood.
这正是我搬到悉尼后结识了三个最好的朋友的方式。
That is genuinely how I made three of my, like, best friends when I moved to Sydney.
我是通过持续与我的环境互动,以及以非常一致的方式参与社区中的各种机构,才认识了他们。
I met them through consistently interacting with my environment and with, like, literally, like, the institutions of my community in a really consistent way.
因为我觉得,如果我有这个日常安排,别人也有类似的安排,那么一来我们会经常见面,二来我们很可能性格也很相似。
Because I was like, if I have this routine and somebody else has this routine and it's similar, a, we're gonna see each other a lot, b, we're probably gonna be quite similar people.
所以我总是建议别人这样做:是的,去探索你的新城市,但也要在你日常的本地空间里跟人打招呼,每周固定时间参加一些活动,这样你就能遇到志同道合的人。
So that is something I always give people advice to do is, like, yes, explore your new city, but, like, say hi to people in your local spaces and show up to things at the same time across across your week, you will meet like minded people.
我另外还请我在澳大利亚的朋友和已经住在这里的朋友帮我做一次友情牵线,介绍我认识其他人。
The other thing I've asked my friends back in Australia and my friends already living here to do is to platonically set me up with people.
我坚持通过共同朋友这条路。
I'm committed to the mutual friend route.
如果我的朋友喜欢某人,我有99%的概率也会喜欢他们。
If my friend likes somebody, I would say 99% of the time I'm gonna like them as well.
我的一位灵魂姐妹,格蕾西,我们就是这样认识的。
One of my, like, soul sisters, Gracie, this is how we met.
我正在利用我过去有过的经验。
I'm using, like, like, things that I previously have evidence for.
我当时在悉尼。
I was in Sydney.
我当时非常孤独。
I was really lonely.
我记得给爸爸打电话,说:我真的想要一个朋友。
I remember calling my dad up and being like, I just really want a friend.
他跟我说:问问你的朋友,他们认识谁。
And he was like, ask your friends if they know anybody.
主动安排相亲。
Ask to be set up.
我们一起去参加了一次盲友约会,然后一见如故。
And we went on, like, a blind friendship date together, and it was, like, love at first sight.
所以我已经计划好了几件这样的事。
So I've already got a few of those things planned.
我还要参加一些关于二十多岁心理的社区活动,因为我不知道你们是否知道这一点。
And I'm also going to do some community events with the psychology of your twenties, because I don't know if you guys know this.
伦敦是听众最多的城市。
London is the biggest city of listeners.
我已经在这里见过你们中的一些人。
I've already met some of you here.
我想我只见过你们五六个左右。
I think I've only met, like, five or six of you.
特别感谢那天晚上在卡姆登回家路上,喝了几杯酒后偶遇的UCL的姑娘们。
Shout out to the girls at UCL who I ran into when I'd had a few wines the other night coming home in Camden.
谢谢你们打招呼。
Thank you for saying hi.
我觉得你们都太酷了,我非常愿意和听众做朋友,尤其是我觉得你们和我会有这么多共同点,我觉得你们真的特别棒。
And I just feel like you guys are so cool, and I'm totally down for, like, being friends with listeners, particularly because I feel like you guys and me would have so much in common, and I think you guys are really cool.
每次见到你们,我都想和你们做朋友。
And every time I meet you, I wanna be your friends anyways.
所以我会大力推动这一点,我还要加入一个共享办公空间。
So I'm gonna lean in heavily to that, and I'm also going to join a coworking space.
我觉得过去几个月在悉尼特别难熬,是因为我知道自己要离开了,所以我一直待在家里,没有去我的共享办公空间。
I think something that has made the last few months in Sydney particularly hard for me was because I knew I was leaving, I just, like, spent a lot of time at home, and I wasn't, like, I wasn't going to my coworking space.
我也没去找新的共享办公空间。
I wasn't finding a new coworking space.
我没有真正建立任何新的安排来融入社群、走出家门,因为我觉得没什么意义。
I wasn't really putting anything new in place to make community and to get out of my house because I was like, there's not really a point.
我很快就要走了。
I'm gonna be gone soon.
问题是,这种态度真的很糟糕,导致我整天待在二楼的小卧室办公室里,还纳闷自己为什么感觉这么糟糕。
And the thing is is that it's like a terrible attitude to have, and it meant that I just spent a lot of time in my little second bedroom office dungeon and then was wondering why I felt so terrible.
这次我不会再这样做了。
I'm not doing that again this time.
我已经预订了会员资格。
I have booked my membership.
我已经预订了我的共享办公空间。
I have booked my co working space.
我会成为那个WeWork里最快乐的人,我会让每个人都跟我做朋友,我会走出家门,在家外面变得高效。
I'm gonna be the most jolly person at that WeWork, and I'm gonna make everybody be friends with me, and I'm gonna get out of my house, I'm gonna be productive outside of my home.
有人问了一个问题:从澳大利亚搬到英国,我有什么建议吗?
Another question somebody asked is any advice I wanna make a similar move from Australia to The UK?
好吧。
Okay.
最重要的建议是,签证费用会比你想象的高得多,特别是因为你必须支付医疗附加费。
Biggest piece of advice is the visa is gonna cost you a lot more than you think, specifically because you have to pay the health care levy.
所以请记住这一点,确保你为此做好了准备。
So just take that into account and make sure that you are prepared for that.
别买那种服务,这太奇怪了。
Don't buy the serve this is so oddly specific.
不要购买声称会为你扫描文件的服务,因为那是骗人的。
Do not buy the service that says they will scan your documents for you because it is a lie.
抱歉。
Sorry.
我对此非常生气。
I'm so angry about this.
但当我拿到签证时,他们提供了一项可选服务。
But when I got my visa, they had, like, this optional service.
价格大约是50美元,他们会帮你扫描文件。
It was, like, $50, and they'd scan your documents.
我买了。
And I did it.
猜怎么着?
And guess what?
他们根本不会扫描。
They don't scan them.
你得自己扫描。
You have to scan them yourself.
你得把文件发给他们,然后他们会帮你转交。
You have to send them to them, and then they'll send them through for you.
所以别听他们的谎言。
So don't listen to their lies.
他们实际上根本不扫描。
They don't actually scan them.
抱歉。
Sorry.
别这么做。
Don't do that.
至少要有两到三个月的储蓄,甚至更多。
Have at least, I would say, two months to three months of savings, maybe even more.
这有点像你辞职的时候,对吧?因为我假设你们大多数人为了搬到这里都得辞职。
It's kind of similar to when you quit your job, right, because I'm assuming most of you will have to quit your job to move here.
但即使你不辞职,这里的生活成本也很高。
But even if you don't, like, it's it's an expensive place to live.
我已经注意到了。
I've already noticed that.
我以前理所当然地认为,澳大利亚的物价已经包含了商品和服务税(GST)。
Something I took for granted is that we have GST included in Australia.
但这里没有。
They do not.
你会为食物付款,然后突然发现:等等。
So you'll pay for your food, and then it'll be like, wait.
这是什么情况?
What the heck?
账单上还要再加20%?
20% more on top of the bill?
因为我们这里没有这个。
Because we don't have that.
对吧?
Right?
就算有,也少得可怜。
Like, even if we do, it's quite minimal.
这是一座昂贵的城市。
It's an expensive city.
房租非常贵。
Rent is really expensive.
也要尽可能多存钱,这样你来到这里后,可以稍微享受生活,而不至于手忙脚乱。
Save as much as you can also so that when you get here, you can kind of enjoy yourself and you don't feel like you're scrambling.
你不会觉得压力很大。
You don't feel like you're very stressed.
在最初的几天里,我们遇到的不是工作问题,而是住房和其他事情,这些让伦敦变得格外美好。
That's something that we've had in the first few days, not with jobs, but with, housing and other things that are going on that just meant that it's a beautiful time in London.
这里有圣诞市场,但因为我们得回家做各种事情,很难好好享受。
It's Christmas markets, and it's been kinda hard to enjoy because it's been like we have to go home and do all these things.
所以,如果你能减少金钱带来的压力,我建议你这么做。
So if you can make money less of a stressor, I would say do it.
另外,别把所有行李都带上飞机。
Also, don't bring all of your bags on the plane.
我们每人带了两大件行李、一个小登机箱和一个背包。
We took we've done two, like, big suitcases and one, like, little mini carry on suitcase and, like, a backpack each.
我们的朋友是通过船运把东西寄过来的。
We had friends, like, ship their stuff over on a boat.
多带一件行李费用很高,尤其是我的行李超重了。
It cost a lot of money to get an extra suitcase, especially since mine was overweight.
大概是40英镑。
It was, like, 40.
但当他们通过船运过来,然后去取货时,我觉得便宜多了。
But when they shipped it on the boat and then they went and picked it up, I think it was, like, so much cheaper.
所以这是一个选择。
So that's an option.
别费心带家具了。
Don't bother bringing furniture.
尽量少带东西。
Bring as little as possible.
清理一下你的衣橱。
Clear out your wardrobe.
我带了太多衣服。
I brought too many clothes.
我到这里了。
I've gotten here.
我根本没穿它们。
I'm not wearing them.
现在我已经在这里了,还得处理掉这些东西,而且我还花钱把它们运了过来。
Now I have to get rid of them when I'm already here, and I pay to bring them over.
真的要采取这种极简的方式。
Just really take, like, this minimal approach.
在我们出发前,其中一个邻居对我说:哦,这可是你人生中难得的可以轻装旅行的机会。
Like, one of my neighbors said to me before we left, like, oh, this is, like, one of the rare opportunities you have to, travel quite light through life.
你的灵魂不会被物质 possessions 所拖累。
Like, your your soul is kind of not as burdened by physical possessions.
你可以去任何地方,成为任何人,选择任何事物。
You can go anywhere, be anything, choose anything.
这让我感觉非常好。
And that felt really nice to me.
所以我正努力拥抱这种生活方式,在当下过极简的生活,我也建议你这么做,因为这不仅能省钱,还能减少烦恼。
So I'm really trying to embrace that and live quite minimally in this moment, I would recommend doing that as well also just because it saves you money and frustration.
但这些就是我最重要的建议。
But those would be my biggest tips.
我想在大约三个月后,到六个月的时候,我会再拍一期视频。
I think in maybe three months I think at the six month mark, actually, I'm gonna do another episode.
如果你们想看的话,当然,我会再拍一期关于我想法的视频。
If you guys wanna, of course, like, I'm gonna do another episode about my thoughts.
现在,是的,我们刚到这里的第一周就发生了许多事。
Right now, yes, a lot of has happened in the first week that we've been here.
我对此仍然非常乐观。
I'm still incredibly optimistic about it.
也许我正在把我在悉尼学到的经验套用到伦敦,但伦敦是座不同的城市,在建立日常习惯、社交圈和友谊方面,可能更难打开局面。
And maybe I'm, like, applying my, like, Sydney learnings to London when it is a different city and might be a bit harder to get my foot in the door in terms of routines and community and friendship.
但我非常致力于尝试,避免重蹈我以前搬去新城市时的覆辙——那时我只依赖已有的朋友,结果变得很孤立。
But I am really committed to trying and for not making the same mistakes that I've made previously when I've moved to new cities, which is only relying on the friends I already have there and being kind of isolated.
所以六个月后我会给你们更新一下进展。
So I'm gonna give you guys an update in six months.
也许你们下一次听到关于这件事的消息,就是我回到澳大利亚了,然后我们再也不提它了。
Maybe, like, the next thing you'll hear about this, like, I'm back in Australia, and we just won't address it ever again.
但我对这件事感觉很好,就像我对2026年的感觉一样。
But have I a good feeling about it, just like I have a good feeling about 2026.
所以,好吧,我们拭目以待吧。
So, yeah, let's see what happens.
我真的很兴奋。
I'm really excited.
我也想感谢你们,你们当然一直在听这个播客,并且让我能够搬到这里。
I wanna also thank you guys for, like, you know, obviously listening to the podcast and allowing me to move here.
是你们让这一切为我成为可能。
And, yeah, you made this happen for me.
所以我感觉这是我的胜利。
So I feel like it's my win.
这也是我们每个人的胜利。
It's also a win for all of us.
我非常感谢今年所有人的收听和支持。
And I really appreciate all the listens from this year and all the support.
我现在真的特别感恩,有点感性过头了。
I'm in a really, like, grateful sappy mood.
我此刻情绪非常激动。
I'm just very emotional at the moment.
所以,我只是在表达,我真的非常爱你们所有人。
So, yeah, I'm just projecting and just being like, I love you guys all so much.
但这是真的,我非常感激,尤其是今年我的书和巡演。
But it's true, and I'm very grateful, especially with my book this year and with the tour.
我期待在欧洲做更多事情。
And I'm excited to do a lot more stuff in Europe.
所以如果你是欧洲的听众,或者伦敦的听众,希望今年或明年我能见到你。
So if you're a European listener, if you're a London listener, hopefully, I'll get to meet you this year next year.
希望我们能有机会见面。
Hopefully, I'll see you around.
这么说有点奇怪,但希望我们能成为朋友。
That sounds strange to say, but hopefully, we get to be friends.
这正是我非常期待的事情。
That's something I'm really looking forward to.
如果你喜欢这期节目,也许可以在下方评论区留下一个小小的英国表情符号,尤其是如果你坚持听到了这里。
If you enjoyed this episode, maybe leave leave a little British emoji in the comments down below, especially if you've made it this far.
如果你在二十多岁时搬过城市或国家,或者你是伦敦的听众,请给我一些建议。
If you are have moved cities, moved countries in your twenties, or if you are a London listener, give me some tips.
我应该知道些什么?
What should I know?
当你搬到这里或搬到任何地方时,有什么是你希望早点知道的?
What's something that you wish you knew when you moved here or moved anywhere?
另外,如果你想知道更多关于我过渡到伦敦生活的个人动态,请在Instagram上关注我们:thatpsychologypodcast 或 Gemma Spegg。
Also follow us on Instagram at that psychology podcast or at Gemma Spegg if you wanna see some more personal updates with my with my transition to London life.
在下次之前,保重,善良待人,温柔对待自己。
And until next time, stay safe, be kind, be gentle to yourself.
我们很快就会再聊。
We will talk very, very soon.
嘿。
Hey.
我是诺拉·琼斯,我非常热爱与人一起演奏音乐,因此我的播客《Playing Along》回归了。
I'm Nora Jones, and I love playing music with people so much that my podcast called Playing Along is back.
我会与来自各种音乐风格的音乐家坐下来,在亲密的环境中一起演奏歌曲。
I sit down with musicians from all musical styles to play songs together in an intimate setting.
每一集都略有不同,但都围绕音乐和与我最喜爱的音乐家们的对话展开。
Every episode's a little different, but it all involves music and conversation with some of my favorite musicians.
在过去两季中,我邀请了像戴夫·格罗尔、莱维、梅维斯·斯泰普尔斯、雷米·沃尔夫、杰夫·特威迪等众多特别嘉宾,多到数不胜数。
Over the past two seasons, I've had special guests like Dave Grohl, Leve, Mavis Staples, Remy Wolf, Jeff Tweedy, really too many to name.
而这一季,我与
And this season, I've sat down
黑爪、亚历珊德拉·卡娜、莎拉·麦克拉克伦等人进行了对话。
with Black Pumas, Alessia Cara, Sarah McLaughlin, and more.
快来收听我与约翰·传奇的新一期节目。
Check out my new episode with John Legend.
我觉得在很多方面
I feel like in a lot
我们的职业生涯在某些方面是平行的,但不知为何从未交集过。
of ways, our careers are paralleled in some ways, but they just never intersected for some reason.
我知道。
I know.
很慢。
It slow.
只想和普通人在一起。
Just want ordinary people.
我们不知道你去了哪个方向。
We don't know which way you've gone.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听诺拉·琼斯的《Playing Along》。
Listen to Nora Jones' playing along on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
如果发生无法想象的事情,你会联系谁?
Who would you call if the unthinkable happened?
我妹妹中了22枪。
My sister was shot 22 times.
一名警察。
A police officer.
对吧?
Right?
但当那个怪物是穿着蓝色制服的人时,你该怎么办?
But what do you do when the monster is the man in blue?
这家伙就是恶魔。
This dude is the devil.
他会伤害你。
He'll hurt you.
这个
This
这是一个侦探的故事,他曾以为自己凌驾于法律之上,直到我们联手将他绳之以法。
is the story of a detective who thought he was above the law until we came together to take him down.
我说过,你会一直看到我的脸,直到你死的那天。
I said, you're gonna see my face till the day day that you die.
听好了
Listen
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听《Girlfriends Untouchable》。
to the Girlfriends Untouchable on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
铃儿响叮当。
Jingle bells.
铃儿响叮当。
Jingle bells.
铃儿响叮当。
Jingle all the way.
喂。
Yo.
喂。
Yo.
嘿。
Yo.
嘿。
Yo.
我们先过个感恩节好吗?
Can we get a Thanksgiving first?
我饿了。
I'm hungry.
大家好啊?
What's up, y'all?
我是卡迪姆。
It's Kadim.
还有达沃,该节目的主持人
And Davao, the host of
《艾利斯永恒之后》播客。
the Ellis Ever After podcast.
这个假期季节
This holiday season
屏蔽噪音,收听《Ellis Ever After》。
Tune out the noise and tune in to Ellis Ever After.
在《Ellis Ever After》中,我们会与我们的团队真实地探讨家庭、爱情与婚姻。
On Ellis Ever After, we get real with our crew about family, love and marriage
以及其间的一切。
And everything else in between.
在全美排名第一的播客网络iHeart上收听《Ellis Ever After》。
Listen to Ellis Ever After on America's number one podcast network, iHeart.
关注《Ellis Ever After》,今天就开始在免费的iHeartRadio应用上收听吧。
Follow Ellis Ever After and start listening on the free iHeartRadio app today.
你有没有听过那些真实犯罪节目,结果发现自己问题比答案还多?
Have you ever listened to those true crime shows and found yourself with more questions than answers?
谁会欺骗一座城市?
Who catfishes a city?
吸食人类遗骸真的安全吗?
Is it even safe to snort human remains?
这是《火爆浪子》的剧情吗?
Is that the plot of Footloose?
我是喜剧演员罗里·斯科维尔,我来告诉你们,我和乔什、迪恩推出了一档新播客,致敬世界上那些最愚蠢罪犯的惊人创意。
I'm comedian Rory Scovel, and I'm here to tell you Josh, Dean, and I have a new podcast that celebrates the amazing creativity of the world's dumbest criminals.
它叫《无罪》,一档真实犯罪喜剧播客。
It's called Crimeless, a true crime comedy podcast.
请在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听。
Listen on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
我知道他名声不好,但迟早会出事的。
I know he has a reputation, but it's gonna catch up to him.
加布·奥尔蒂斯是一名警察。
Gabe Ortiz is a cop.
他的兄弟拉里是个谜团,而加布直到为时已晚才想去解开它。
His brother, Larry, a mystery Gabe didn't wanna solve until it was too late.
他是这个帮派的头目。
He was the head of this gang.
你会为了这个事业坚持这条线吗?
You gonna push that line for the cause?
他收留了我们,向我们展示了他们所谓的‘游戏’。
Took us under his wing and showed us the game as they call it.
当拉里被杀后,加布必须解开一段危险的过去,这段过去可能摧毁他自以为了解的一切。
When Larry's killed, Gabe must untangle a dangerous past, one that could destroy everything he thought he knew.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听《奥尔蒂斯兄弟》。
Listen to the Brothers Ortiz on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
这是 iHeart 播客《保证人性》。
This is an iHeart podcast, Guaranteed Human.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。