本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
这是iHeart播客。
This is an iHeart podcast.
百分百真人制作。
Guaranteed human.
你可以一整天刷新闻头条,却依然感到空虚。
You can scroll the headlines all day and still feel empty.
我是本·希金斯,如果你能听到我,那就是文化与灵魂交汇之处。
I'm Ben Higgins, and if you can hear me is where culture meets the soul.
坦诚地探讨身份、失去、目标、平静、信仰,以及名人、思想家、普通人之间的种种——有些人有答案。
Honest conversations about identity, loss, purpose, peace, faith, and everything in between celebrities, thinkers, everyday people, some have answers.
但大多数人仍在摸索中。
Most are still figuring it out.
如果你曾觉得人生故事一定还有更多内涵,那么这个节目就是为你而做的。
And if you've ever felt like there has to be more to the story, this show is for you.
请在iHeartRadio应用、Apple播客或你常用的播客平台收听《If You Can Hear Me》。
Listen to If You Can Hear Me on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
在过去的几年里,我们难道没有学到,折叠椅是黑人因为阿拉巴马州发生的事情而发明的吗?
Over the last couple of years, didn't we learn that the folding chair was invented by black people because of what happened in Alabama?
蒙哥马利胸罩。
Montgomery bra.
今年的黑人历史月,播客《选择性无知》与曼迪·B 一起用幽默、清晰和颠覆现状的对话探讨黑人历史与文化。
This black history month, the podcast selective ignorance with Mandy b unpacks black history and culture with comedy, clarity, and conversations that shake the status quo.
纽约的《皇冠法案》于2019年7月签署生效,该法案旨在禁止基于与种族相关的发型的歧视。
The Crown Act in New York was signed in July 2019, and that is a bill that was passed to prohibit discrimination based on hairstyles associated with race.
要收听本节目及其他内容,请在iHeartRadio应用、Apple Podcasts或您常用的播客平台收听《选择性无知》与曼迪·B,来自黑人效应播客网络。
To hear this and more, listen to selective ignorance with Mandy b from the Black Effect Podcast Network on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
半夜里,萨斯琪在迷糊中醒了过来。
In the middle of the night, Saskia awoke in a haze.
她的丈夫迈克正在用笔记本电脑。
Her husband Mike was on his laptop.
他屏幕上的内容将永远改变萨斯琪的人生。
What was on his screen would change Saskia's life forever.
我说了,你需要告诉我你到底在做什么。
I said I need you to tell me exactly what you're doing.
然后,面具立刻就掉了下来。
And immediately, the mask came off.
你本该感到安全的。
You're supposed to be safe.
那是你的家。
That's your home.
那是你的丈夫。
That's your husband.
收听《背叛》第五季,可在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你常用的播客平台收听。
Listen to betrayal season five on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
嘿。
Hey.
我是杰·沙蒂,《有目的》播客的主持人。
I'm Jay Shetty, host of the On Purpose podcast.
在最近的一期节目中,我与尼克·乔纳斯进行了对话,他是一位歌手、词曲作者、演员和全球超级巨星。
On a recent episode, I sat down with Nick Jonas, singer, songwriter, actor, and global superstar.
我大脑一片空白。
I went blank.
我唱错了一个音,之后就再也无法恢复了。
I hit a bad note, then I couldn't recover.
我逐渐形成了一种观念,认为音乐和成为音乐人就是我的全部身份。
And I I built up this idea that music and being a musician was my whole identity.
你如果拿走这个身份,我必须重新认识自己是谁。
I I had to sort of relearn who I was if you took this thing away.
我是谁?
Who am I?
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听《有目的》与杰·沙蒂。
Listen to On Purpose with Jay Shetty on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
关于爱,你曾经不得不放弃过什么观念?
What is something you've had to unlearn about love?
那它是需要争取的。
That it's earned.
我不值得被爱。
That I was unworthy of love.
它必须是永恒的才算数。
That it needs to be forever for it to count.
二月是爱的月份。
February is the month of love.
无论你正在恋爱、随意约会,还是自豪地单身,这都是反思自己和你真正想要什么的好时机。
Whether you're in a relationship, casually dating, or proudly single, it's a great time to reflect on yourself and what you want.
我是《VoiceOver》播客的主持人霍普·伍德德,每周我们都会从各个角度探讨爱。
I'm Hope Woodard, host of the VoiceOver podcast, and each week, we're looking at love from every angle.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听《VoiceOver》,拼写是 b o y s o b e r。
Listen to VoiceOver, that's b o y s o b e r, on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
大家好。
Hello, everybody.
我是杰玛·斯佩奇,欢迎回到《二十岁的心理学》,这档播客我们将探讨二十岁期间最重要的变化、时刻与转折,以及它们对我们的心理意味着什么。
I'm Gemma Speich, and welcome back to the psychology of your twenties, the podcast where we talk through the biggest changes, moments, and transitions of our twenties, and what they mean for our psychology.
在开始之前,我想告诉大家,这一期节目以及《二十岁的心理学》现在已经在Netflix上线了。
Before we get into it, I wanna let you guys know that this episode and the psychology of your twenties is now on Netflix.
说这句话真是令人难以置信,但这是真的。
That is a wild thing to say, but it is true.
如果你想要观看这个播客的视频版,并且你身处美国或加拿大,现在就可以登录Netflix,搜索《二十岁的心理学》,你就能看到我的脸和我们的节目。
If you wanna watch the video version of this podcast and you are in The US or Canada, you can go to Netflix right now, look up the psychology of your twenties, and you will see my face and you will see our podcast.
不用多说,这对我来说是莫大的荣幸,我由衷地感谢你们给予我这个机会。
It goes without saying, it is such an honor and I'm truly so grateful to you all that you have given me this opportunity.
整体的氛围和感觉都非常棒,我觉得。
The entire feel, the vibe is incredible, I think.
它非常私人化。
It's so personal.
这为节目增添了一个全新的维度。
It brings a whole new element to it.
如果你想感受像坐在你客厅里,坐在我家的客厅,和我聊天,现在就是你的机会。
And if you wanna feel like you are sitting in your living room, in my living room, with me, having a chat, now is your opportunity.
去Netflix吧。
Go to Netflix.
搜索《二十多岁的心理学》。
Look up the psychology of your twenties.
我真希望能在那儿见到你。
I'd love to see you over there.
但不多说了,让我们进入本期节目。
But without further ado, let's get into the episode.
大家好。
Hello, everybody.
欢迎回到节目。
Welcome back to the show.
欢迎回到播客。
Welcome back to the podcast.
很高兴你再次回来收听这一期节目。
It is so great to have you here back for another episode.
今天的节目内容会非常丰富。
Today's episode is gonna be a big one.
我直言不讳。
I did not mince my words.
我没有删减任何内容,因为关于这个话题我有太多想说的。
I did not slim down our word count because I have a lot to say about this topic.
我也想提前提醒你一下。
I also wanna give you a heads up.
内容可能会稍微沉重一些。
It may get a little bit heavy.
我们将讨论自杀和自杀念头等话题。
We are gonna discuss topics like suicide and suicidal ideation.
如果你对这些内容特别敏感,请考虑跳过这一期。
So if that is something you're particularly sensitive to, please consider skipping this episode.
但今天,我们要谈论的是人工智能。
But today, we're talking about AI.
具体来说,是这一代人面临的一个重大心理问题:人工智能正在如何改变我们的大脑?
Specifically, a big psychological question for this generation, which is how is AI changing our brains?
它是否让我们变得迟钝?
Is it making us stumble?
它是否取代了人与人之间的联系?
Is it replacing human connection?
为了环境、创造力,甚至更多未知的方面,这样的代价是否值得?
Is it worth the cost to our environment, to our creativity, to who knows what else more?
让我先说这一点。
Let me start by saying this.
人工智能这个概念并不是新的。
The concept of artificial intelligence is not a new one.
它早在20世纪50年代就已存在。
It has been around since the nineteen fifties.
我不知道这一点,但第一个AI工具实际上是在1955年创建的,距今将近八十八年了。
I didn't know that, but literally the first AI tool was created in 1955, almost eighty eight years ago.
它被称为逻辑理论家,基本上能用人类的逻辑解决一些简单的问题。
It was called the logic theorist, and it could basically solve very simple problems using human logic.
自那以后,我们已经知道了数十种这样的工具。
There have been dozens of tools since then that we know and love.
Siri就是其中之一的例子。
Siri is an example of one of them.
但最近,AI呈现出了一种全新的形态。
But AI has taken on like a new form recently.
我们都清楚这一点。
We all know this.
现在有大型语言模型。
There's large language models.
生成式AI已经迅速提升了。
Generative AI has they've just rapidly improved.
它们变得越来越复杂。
They've gotten more complex.
说实话,我直到三年前才开始关注人工智能。
Like, I don't remember thinking about AI until like three years ago.
它被引入并融入我们生活的速度,可能超过了以往任何其他技术。
And it's been introduced and integrated into our lives faster than probably any other technology before.
早在2023年初,分析师估计ChatGPT的月活跃用户已达到约一亿。
Back in early twenty twenty three, analysts estimated ChatGPT reached about a 100,000,000 monthly active users.
到2025年10月,这一数字已达到八亿。
By October 2025, that was 800,000,000.
这相当于每十个人中就有一人。
That is one in 10 people.
这在我们全球科技环境中是一个巨大的转变。
That is a huge shift in our global technological environment.
关键是,我们使用它不仅仅是为了搜索那些能用谷歌找到的信息,这很明显。
And the thing is, we don't just use it for things that we're able to Google, obviously.
否则,我们就用谷歌。
Otherwise, we use Google.
你知道的,我们用它来写分手短信、寻求生活建议、规划目标,甚至进行心理治疗,还有其他各种用途。
You know, we use it for breakup texts, life advice, goal planning, therapy even, plus all the other stuff.
我们主要使用它,是因为它太方便了。
We use it primarily because it's so easy.
但有了如此便捷的体验和这么多答案,我认为有必要问一问。
But with all that ease, all those answers, I think it's important to ask.
如此简单的东西,一定有其弊端。
Something that easy must have drawbacks.
它们是什么?
What are they?
持续使用人工智能,对我们思维和智力有什么潜在危险?
What is the danger for our minds and our intelligence of using AI consistently?
我和朋友们一直在讨论一个问题:最终,会不会因为思维方式的不同,社会上出现使用人工智能的人和不使用人工智能的人之间的分裂?
Something I've been talking about with my friends is like, is there eventually gonna be a societal rift between AI users and non AI users based on how our minds operate?
我不知道。
I don't know.
希望我们能一起找到答案。
Hopefully, we can figure it out together.
希望我们能挑战‘AI最终会取代我们’这一观点,转而从一个我很少看到人们讨论的心理学角度来探讨这个问题。
Hopefully, we can challenge the idea that AI is gonna eventually replace us, and just investigate this from a psychological angle that I don't see people talking about much.
那么,不多说了,让我们来探讨AI的心理学。
So without further ado, let's get into the psychology of AI.
每一代人都有让生活更便捷的新技术。
Every generation has their new technology that makes life easier.
同样,我们也应该承认,这些技术也让很多人感到恐慌。
And equally, and we should acknowledge this, freaks a lot of people out.
在十八世纪,当大规模印刷刚出现时,人们实际上强烈反对书籍。
Back in the eighteenth century when mass printing was first introduced, people really rallied against books, actually.
他们认为书籍非常危险。
They thought they were very dangerous.
他们认为书籍导致人们过度幻想,占用了太多时间,而且太容易获取了。
They thought they led to too much daydreaming, and they consumed too much of our time, and it was too easy.
当时这甚至被称为‘书籍热’。
Like, it literally was called book fever.
类似的恐惧也出现在互联网、社交媒体,以及现在的AI身上。
Similar fears have also come about with the Internet, with social media, now with AI.
你知道,我们一直都有这些文化和技术的进步。
You know, we've always had these cultural and technological advancements.
我们始终在追求更快地获取和分享知识的方式。
We've always been in pursuit of a faster way to gain and share knowledge.
很多人问的问题是,AI有什么不同?
The question that a lot of people ask is how is AI any different?
我认为人们对AI持怀疑态度,不是因为它能回答问题,而是因为它回答问题的方式,以及这对我们认知过程的影响。
I think what makes people so skeptical of AI is not the fact that it answers questions, it's how it answers them and what this has done to our cognitive role in the process.
本质上,我们大多数人使用的AI模型,已将我们的思维从主动参与者变成了被动参与者。
Essentially, the AI models most of us use have taken our minds from active participants to passive participants.
它改变了我们使用这些工具时的认知模式。
It's switched the cognitive mode that we're in when we use them.
使用旧工具时,你仍然需要进行一些认知上的工作。
With older tools, you know, you still have to do a bit of the cognitive work.
即使使用谷歌,你也得知道该问什么。
Even with Google, you know, you had to know what to ask.
你得去搜索、筛选、比较,判断哪些信息才是真正重要的。
You had to search, sift, compare, decide what sources actually mattered.
你得注意到不同信息之间的矛盾,接受那种无法立即得知正确答案的混乱状态。
You had to notice disagreements between things, tolerate the messiness of not immediately knowing what the right answer was.
但生成式AI显然改变了这一过程。
But with generative AI, that process has obviously changed.
你只需要想出问题即可。
You just have to think of the question.
它会直接给你一个完整且精炼的答案。
It will hand you a completely finished and polished answer.
因为它听起来太好了,我们并不总是质疑它所说的内容。
And because it sounds so good, we don't always question what it's saying.
就像一位政客一样。
It's like a politician.
你知道的?
You know?
它听起来简直太棒了。
It just sounds amazing.
我们就会不停地点头。
We're, like, nodding our heads.
听起来差不多是对的。
That sounds about right.
而它给你的内容可能是什么都行。
And, you know, what it gives you could be anything.
它可能给你一封邮件。
It could give you an email.
它可能会给你一些真实的健康建议。
It could give you literal health advice.
我们对它的盲目接受是危险的。
Our blind acceptance of it is dangerous.
当某些东西呈现给我们时,看起来完整而连贯,我们就不会觉得有必要再去寻找更多信息。
When something is given to us that looks complete, it looks coherent, we don't feel that need to search around for anything more.
我们不会觉得有必要去质疑这些信息。
We don't feel the need to interrogate the information.
问题是,尽管人工智能很方便,能节省时间,但研究人员指出,我们对这种便利的适应方式才是问题所在。
The thing is, although AI is convenient and it's a time saver, it's how we've adapted to that convenience that researchers are saying is a problem.
一些基础的神经科学表明,大脑会受到反复练习的内容的塑造。
Some very basic neuroscience, the mind is shaped by what it repeatedly practices.
如果你练习搜索、评估和推理,这些习惯自然会得到加强。
If you practice searching, evaluating, reasoning, those habits are gonna naturally strengthen.
当我们主动寻找信息,真正去查找来源,并分析、批评和质疑我们所看到的内容时,我们的批判性思维和洞察力就会得到提升。
Our ability for critical thought and insight improve when we, you know, go after information and actually look for sources and we analyse and criticize and interrogate what we're seeing.
如果你的环境,无论是线上还是线下,可靠地消除了对这种技能的需求,你就不再需要它了。
Now if your environment, online, offline, reliably removes the need for that skill, you don't need it anymore.
你的大脑不会再以同样的方式重视它。
Your brain doesn't prioritize it in the same way.
它的容量并不是无限的。
It doesn't have infinite space.
它会像扔掉一件你再也不穿的T恤一样把它丢弃。
It kind of tosses it away like a t shirt you don't really wear anymore.
这是当季流行。
This is an in season.
我们不需要这个。
We don't need this.
我们需要空间来放新衣服。
We need space for new clothes.
这并不是因为大脑懒惰。
This isn't because the brain is lazy.
这是因为大脑极其聪明,擅长聚焦于哪些是必需的、哪些是不必要的。
It's because it's incredibly smart, and it's good at honing in on what is needed and what is not needed.
我能想到的、技术彻底改变整个技能集的最佳例子,尤其是在近现代,就是GPS的引入。
The best example I can think of of like an entire skill set being altered by technology, especially in recent history, is the introduction of GPS.
我们的能力——你可能不知道——曾经在构建周围环境的心理地图方面非常出色。
Our ability, and you may not know this, but our ability to create a mental map of our surroundings used to be incredible.
过去这方面的能力要好得多。
It used to be a whole lot better.
我们从21世纪初对出租车司机的研究中得知,他们的海马体存在差异,而海马体是负责空间记忆和空间定位的大脑区域。
We know this from studies in the early two thousands using taxi drivers, and they had, like, differences in their in their hippocampus, such as the region of the brain involved in spatial memory and and spatial mapping.
即使你每天不需要导航成千上万条街道,即使你不是出租车司机,你的大脑依然会为这种周围环境的心理地图分配空间。
Even if you weren't navigating thousands of streets a day, even if you weren't a taxi driver, your brain still devoted space to this mental map of your surroundings and your environment.
它会保留这些信息,并根据你的经历不断补充更新。
And it retained it, and it added to it based on your experiences.
这真是太惊人了。
It was incredible.
当GPS和谷歌地图问世时,这些无疑是令人惊叹的技术。
When GPS and Google Maps were introduced, arguably incredible technologies.
我仍然记得它们取代了什么。
I I still remember what they replaced.
我不知道你是否还记得那些以前放在车里的道路地图册,它们总是弄脏,有些页面还会粘在一起。
Like, I don't know if you remember these, like, road atlases that you used to have in your car, and they kind of always get stained and some of the pages would be like stuck together.
你知道,那就是以前的替代方案。
You know, that was the alternative.
这是一项了不起的技术,但我们的大脑已经真正改变了其结构和反应方式。
It's an incredible technology, but our brains have literally changed their structure and response.
确切地说,是生理上的改变。
Quite literally, physically.
2020年,《自然·科学报告》上发表了一篇非常引人注目的文章,大致将GPS技术的频繁使用与海马体依赖的空间记忆能力加速衰退联系起来。
In 2020, there was a really notable article published in Nature Scientific Reporting, I think, which basically correlated heavier use of GPS technology to a steeper decline in hippocampal dependent spatial memory.
也就是说,我们大脑中储存的认知地图及其复杂性正在减少。
Basically, reduction in the cognitive maps and the intricacies of the cognitive maps that we had stored in our brain.
几年前,《华盛顿邮报》有一篇精彩的文章,讨论了由于谷歌地图和GPS的使用,社会如何逐渐丧失了我们所说的定向能力。
There's an amazing Washington Post article from a few years earlier that talks about how society has slowly actually lost what we call way finding skills because of Google Maps and GPS.
这种能力已经深深植根于我们几代人的基因中。
That has been hardwired into us for generations.
这曾经是一项极其独特的人类技能。
That was a incredibly unique human skill.
我们现在不再具备这种能力了。
We don't have that anymore.
这并不那么好了。
It's not as good.
但我要强调的是,我不希望你们因此认为使用GPS就是在损害你的大脑。
And the thing is I don't want you to take that and think that I'm saying that using GPS is like hurting your brain.
但它确实正在改变你的大脑运作的方式。
But it is changing how your brain does its job.
大脑不再需要依赖对环境的理解。
The brain no longer needs to rely on its understanding of the environment.
它只需遵循外部技术的指令即可。
It can simply follow orders from an external piece of technology.
显然,如果它想节省空间,那再好不过了。
Obviously, if it wants to save space, it's like, great.
现在我们的海马体里有了这么多空余空间。
We've got all this room in the hippocampus now.
我们可以用它来做别的事情。
We'll use it for something else.
我们在人工智能身上看到了这种现象。
We see this happening with AI.
但这里涉及的不是单一技能,而是数百种技能。
But instead of a single skill, it is hundreds.
它包括我们起草、总结、改写、论证、头脑风暴、组织、回答、思考和关联的能力。
It is our ability to draft, to summarize, to rephrase, to argue, to brainstorm, structure, answer, think, connect.
因此,与其放弃某项我们或许可以不用的单一技能,比如记住电话号码或方向,
So instead of offloading a single skill, you know, we can probably do without, like, remembering a phone number or directions.
这是在将一连串的认知过程外包出去,比如整个认知部分,包括记忆、推理、综合和表达。
It is offloading chains of cognition, like entire portions of cognition, like remembering and reasoning and synthesizing and articulating.
而这些认知链条正是我们的大脑构建深刻理解并赋予主题意义的方式。
And these chains are all how our brain builds deep understanding and makes meaning of of subject matter.
而我们正在失去这些能力。
And we're losing that.
我个人认为,这正是我从未谈过但坚决不用AI来制作我们的节目或任何研究的原因,因为研究和理解这些概念以及心理学本身对我而言至关重要。
Personally, that this is why I I don't think I've spoken about this, but I I just refuse to use AI for our episodes and for any of the research we do because researching and understanding these this and these concept and psychology in general is so important to me.
如果我不亲自去观察、搜索和保持好奇,我就不会真正投入内容中。
And if I'm not looking and searching and being curious myself, I'm not going to engage with the content.
当我无法投入时,我的大脑就不会认为这些内容重要。
And when I don't engage with it, my brain doesn't see it as important.
我认为,我们所创造的内容会变得乏味,老实说就是这样。
And I think that what we make becomes boring, quite honestly.
我实话实说,我认识一些用AI做播客、用AI写Substack文章的人。
I I'm gonna be honest, like, know people who use AI for their podcasts and who use AI for their substacks.
你能看出来。
You can tell.
你能立刻看出来。
You can tell immediately.
它没有深度。
It doesn't have doesn't have depth.
心理学和研究对我来说非常重要。
And psychology and research is something that that is so important to me.
而通过研究来发现的过程是我热爱的,我不愿意把理性思考的能力交给机器,尽管确实有些时候我会想,天啊,这能为我节省大量时间。
And the process of discovering is through research is so is something that I love, that I don't wanna offload my ability to rationalize to a machine, even though there are definitely days when, oh my god, would save me so many hours.
做这个播客的研究其实挺累人的,你知道的。
Researching this podcast is low key exhausting, you know.
但问题是,你知道,这是有代价的。
But the thing is, you know, it it comes at a cost.
让我担心的是,与GPS和社交媒体不同,我们还没有长达数十年的大规模神经科学研究来充分理解人工智能对我们大脑的影响。
And what scares me is that unlike GPS, unlike social media, we don't have these decade long, large scale neuroscientific research on the impact on our brain to fully understand the consequence of AI.
我们还没有这方面的数据。
We don't have that yet.
它出现的时间还不长,但早期的论文已经开始陆续出现了。
It's only been around for a little bit, but early papers are starting to drip through.
我不愿这么说,但结果对我们并不乐观。
And I hate to say it, They aren't looking good for us.
有一篇被广泛引用的论文。
There's a very widely cited one.
我不知道你有没有看过。
I don't know if you've seen it.
我记得它在2025年某个月份获得了麻省理工学院的大量媒体报道。
I that it got a lot of news coverage from, I don't know what month it was, but 2025 from MIT.
为了明确说明,这篇文章是预印本。
And I will say, for full clarity, this article is a preprint.
它尚未经过同行评审。
It hasn't been peer reviewed yet.
但基本上,这项研究是探讨人工智能是否正在让我们变笨?
But, basically, it was a study on is our is AI making us less intelligent?
在这个实验中,参与者被要求在三种不同情况下撰写论文。
In this experiment, participants were asked to write essays in one of three situations.
其中一组人仅靠自己的大脑思考。
So in one group, people use their brain only.
另一组使用搜索引擎如谷歌。
One group used search engines like Google.
第三组则使用大型语言AI模型(LLM)来为他们生成论文。
One used large language AI models, LLMs, to generate their essays for them.
在进行这项实验之前,研究人员使用一种称为脑电图的设备对这些参与者的脑部进行了扫描。
Before they did this experiment, these participants' brains were scanned using what we call an electroencephalograph.
长单词,简称EEG。
Long word, EEG.
这基本上是一种用于记录大脑电活动的工具。
It's basically a tool, used to report brain electrical activity.
他们把这些传感器放在你的头皮上。
They put these sensors on your scalp.
作者报告称,仅使用大脑的组显示出最分散的神经连接模式。
And what the authors reported was the brain only group showed the most distributed neural connectivity patterns.
也就是说,人们动用了大脑的不同区域。
So people were using all different areas of their brain.
第二高的是,呃,抱歉。
The second most the the the sorry.
是什么呢?
The, what was it?
使用搜索引擎的组神经连接水平位居第二。
The search engine group had the second most level of connectivity.
使用AI的组连接水平最低。
The AI group had the least.
但这还不是实验的终点,因为参与者随后被重新分配到其他条件中。
That's not the end of the experiment because participants were then reassigned into the other condition.
所以,在仅使用大脑组的参与者之后必须使用AI。
So people in the brain only condition, they then had to use AI.
在AI组的参与者之后则必须仅靠自己的大脑。
Participants in the AI condition then had to use their brain only.
有趣的是,那些从使用AI转为仅靠大脑的参与者,其大脑中出现了越来越明显的投入不足迹象。
Interestingly, participants who switched from using the AI to using their brain only showed increasing signs in their brain of under engagement.
他们也难以记住信息。
They also struggled to remember.
他们难以引用自己的作品。
They struggled to quote their own work.
他们难以整合不同的想法,并在神经、语言和行为层面表现不佳。
They struggled to put together disparate ideas, and they underperformed at a neurological, linguistic, and behavioral level.
他们的表现更差了。
They did worse.
关键是,有证据表明。
The thing is, there is evidence.
我要反驳一下,萨利。
I'm gonna contradict that, Sally.
有证据表明,使用AI撰写的文字质量其实差不多。
There is evidence that the quality of writing using AI is kind of the same.
2023年的一项研究发现,AI论文在结构和语言方面有时更好,但人们并没有真正投入其中。
There was a 2023 study that found that things like structure, things like language are sometimes better in an AI essay, but people didn't they weren't engaged in it.
他们实际上并没有学到东西。
They didn't actually learn.
那以后会发生什么?
And what happens down the line?
这才是关键。
That's the real thing.
AI的问题在于,回报和效率是即时的,但对我们大脑的长期代价在未来。
The thing with AI is the reward and efficiency is immediate, but the long term cost to our to our brains is in the future.
所以我们很难想象它。
So we can't imagine it as well.
我们无法理解AI对我们造成的影响。
We can't process what it's doing to us.
所以我们根本不会去思考这个问题。
So we don't really think about it.
我认为我们更应该多关注这个问题。
And I think we should be thinking about it more.
关于认知和神经通路,如果你不使用,就会失去它。
The thing with cognition and with neural pathways is if you don't use it, you lose it.
你会失去你的推理能力。
You will lose your reasoning skills.
你会失去简洁组织句子和构建思维的能力。
You will lose your ability to succinctly put together sentences and structure your thinking.
这不是会不会的问题,而是何时会发生的问题,因为这需要练习。
This is not an if, it is a when, because it takes practice.
你可能会想,AI反正会一直存在。
You may think, you know, AI is already always gonna be around.
我为什么要在意?问题出在哪?
Why do I what's the issue?
它总会在这里的。
It's always gonna be here.
这里的问题是什么?
What's the issue here?
问题在于过度依赖让我们忽视了那些让我们能良好使用AI、提出好问题并保持关怀的能力。
The issue is that overreliance causes us to neglect the skills that enable us to use AI well and ask good questions and to care.
我读过一篇非常有趣的论文,说我们已经忘记了AI只是一种工具。
And I read this really interesting paper that said, we've forgotten that AI is a tool.
现在,我们把它当作神来对待,因为它新颖、新鲜且有趣。
Right now, we are treating it like God because it is new and fresh and interesting.
我们向它提出最重要的问题。
We ask it our biggest questions.
我们用它来诊断疾病,这可以说是它最令人惊叹的功能之一。
We use it to diagnose diseases, which is, I would say, arguably one of its most amazing features.
但就连OpenAI的创始人也说,他正在用它来抚养孩子。
But even the founder of OpenAI said he's using it to raise his children.
但AI只是一种工具,它并不总是正确的。
But AI is just a tool, and it's not always correct.
如果我们不能质疑它,事情可能会变得非常糟糕。
If we can't question that, things can go very, very south.
它仍然需要人类以聪明的方式去执行它所提供的内容。
And it still requires humans to act on what it delivers in a smart way.
我担心的是,我们会失去那种与生俱来的智慧,因为这会削弱各个领域的神经连接和参与度。
The thing I worry about is that we lose that innate smartness because it reduces neural connectivity and engagement in all areas.
你知道,我想起我妹妹刚高中毕业。
You know, I think about you know, my sister just finished high school.
对吧?
Right?
但我想到,现在小学生和高中生都有AI帮他们写论文、答题。
But I think about, kids in primary school kids in high school who now have AI to write essays for them, to answer exams for them.
我不知道你怎么样,但要是我上小学的时候,我想去踢足球。
And I don't know about you, but if I was in primary school, I wanted to go and play football.
我想去干点别的事情。
I wanted to go and do stuff.
说实话,我说的是足球。
To be honest, I say football.
我想去读书。
I wanted to go read.
我试图假装自己在做很酷的事情。
I was trying to pretend that I did cool stuff.
我本来想跑去读书的。
I would want to go read.
所以,显然,你们现在没有我们成年人那种因果关系了。
So like, obviously, you don't have that same, cause and effect thing that we kind of have as adults.
你会去用它的。
You're gonna use it.
你会用它,但这样一来你就无法获得那些技能。
You're gonna use it, and then you're not gonna gain those skills.
基本上,AI会不会因为替我们思考一切而让我们变笨?因为我们讨厌自己动脑的麻烦,直到有一天我们发现,即使想做也做不到了?
Basically, is AI going to make us stupid by doing all the thinking for us because we dislike the friction of thinking for ourselves until one day we realize we can't even do it anymore, even if we wanted to?
这正是我最大的担忧。
Like, that's my first big fear.
老实说,我希望我是错的,但我不确定。
And honestly, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't know.
现有的证据并不乐观。
The evidence isn't looking good.
好的。
Okay.
我们这里休息一下。
We are gonna take a short break here.
回来后,我想谈谈AI影响我们心理的另一种方式,特别是它如何取代了人际陪伴。
And then when we return, I wanna talk about another way that AI is impacting our psychology, specifically to do with how it's replacing human companionship.
请继续关注我们。
Stay with us.
当新闻头条无法解释你内心正在发生什么时,你会怎么做?
What do you do when the headlines don't explain what's happening inside of you?
我是本·希金斯。
I'm Ben Higgins.
如果你能听到我,这里就是文化与灵魂交汇的地方,一个进行真实对话的场所。
And if you can hear me is where culture meets the soul, a place for real conversation.
每期节目,我都会与来自各行各业的人交谈,包括名人、思想家和普通人。
Each episode, I sit down with people from all walks of life, celebrities, thinkers, and everyday folks.
我们会超越那些经过修饰的故事。
And we go deeper than the polished story.
我们会探讨是什么驱动着我们、塑造着我们,以及带给我们希望的东西。
We talk about what drives us, what shapes us and what gives us hope.
我们会坦诚地谈论那些重要的事:当你不再认识自己时的身份、改变你的失去、当成功不再足够时的意义、当思绪无法平静时的平和、当信仰变得复杂时的信念。
We get honest about the big stuff, identity when you don't recognize yourself anymore, loss that changes you, purpose when success isn't enough, peace when your mind won't slow down, faith when it's complicated.
有些嘉宾有答案。
Some guests have answers.
大多数人还在摸索中。
Most are still figuring it out.
如果你曾觉得故事背后一定还有更多,那么这个节目就是为你准备的。
If you've ever felt like there has to be more to the story, this show is for you.
请在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听《If You Can Hear Me》。
Listen to, if you can hear me on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
半夜里,萨斯夏在迷糊中醒了过来。
In the middle of the night, Saskia awoke in a haze.
她的丈夫迈克正在用笔记本电脑。
Her husband Mike was on his laptop.
他屏幕上的内容将永远改变萨斯夏的人生。
What was on his screen would change Saskia's life forever.
我说:‘你必须告诉我你到底在做什么。’那一刻,面具立刻脱落了。
I said I need you to tell me exactly what you're doing and immediately the mask came off.
你本该感到安全。
You're supposed to be safe.
那是你的家。
That's your home.
那是你的丈夫。
That's your husband.
所以保守这个秘密。
So keep this secret.
这么多年来,他就像一个老练的高手。
For so many years, he's like a seasoned pro.
这是一个关于婚姻终结的故事。
This is a story about the end of a marriage.
但这也是一个女人决定不再生活在黑暗中的故事。
But it's also the story of one woman who was done living in the dark.
你是一个危险的人,专门欺骗那些脆弱而信任他人的人。
You're a dangerous person who preys on vulnerable and trusting people.
你是个掠食者,迈克尔·莱文·古德。
You're a predator, Michael Levin Goode.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听《背叛》第五季。
Listen to Betrayal season five on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
嗨,我是杰伊·沙蒂,《有目的》播客的主持人。
Hey, I'm Jay Shetty, host of the On Purpose Podcast.
在最近的一期节目中,我与尼克·乔纳斯——歌手、词曲作者、演员和全球超级巨星——进行了对话。
On a recent episode, I sat down with Nick Jonas, singer, songwriter, actor, and global superstar.
我想对年轻时的自己说:恭喜你。
The thing I would say to my younger self is congratulations.
你能够娶到priyanka chopra jonas。
You get to marry Priyanka Chopra Jonas.
而且,你的女儿简直太棒了。
And also, you know, your daughter's incredible.
太美了,兄弟。
That's beautiful, man.
是的。
Yeah.
谢谢。
Thank you.
这太美了。
That's so beautiful.
我能看出来他们让你有点紧张了。
I can see they've got you a little Yeah.
当然。
For sure.
我们的女儿出生时经历了一些非常艰难的情况,我从未真正谈论过这些。
Our daughter, she came to the world under sort of very intense circumstances, which I've not really talked about ever.
在镜头前面对百万观众长大,这如何塑造了你的自我认知?
Growing up on Disney in front of a million, how did that shape your sense of self?
我一下子空白了。
I went blank.
我弹错了一个音,之后就再也恢复不过来了。
I hit a bad note, then I couldn't recover.
我逐渐形成了一种观念,认为音乐和音乐家的身份就是我的全部自我。
And I I built up this idea that music and being a musician was my whole identity.
如果你拿走这个东西,我必须重新认识我是谁。
I I had to sort of relearn who I was if you took this thing away.
我是谁?
Who am I?
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你常用的播客平台收听《On Purpose with Jay Shetty》。
Listen to On Purpose with Jay Shetty on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
关于爱,你不得不放弃的一个观念是什么?
What is one thing about love you've had to unlearn?
爱是需要争取的。
That it's earned.
爱必须是永恒的,才算数。
That it needs to be forever for it to count.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
二月是爱的月份。
February is the month of love.
无论你是在恋爱中、随意约会,还是自豪地单身,这都是反思自己和你真正想要什么的好时机。
Whether you're in a relationship, casually dating, or proudly single, it's a great time to reflect on yourself and what you want.
我是霍普·伍德德,语音过播客的主持人。
I'm Hope Woodard, host of the voice over podcast.
这个月的每周,我们都会从各个角度探讨爱。
And each week this month, we're looking at love from every angle.
我不知道该怎么告诉我的伴侣,我在床上想要什么。
I don't know how to tell my partner, like, what I want in bed.
关于浪漫小说,我认为它比其他任何文化类型都更注重以女性为中心。
Thing about romantic fiction, I would say, more than any other genre of culture is that it's always put women first.
我的婚姻变得毫无意义。
My marriage stopped making sense.
我们之间的联系开始变得不对劲。
The connection started to feel off.
这种行为开始变得不一样了。
The behavior started to feel different.
今年二月,通过收听 BoysOber 来与自己建立联系。
This February, get in touch with yourself by listening to BoysOber.
那是 b o y s o b e r。
That's b o y s o b e r.
我就想,我真希望不要讨厌跟我睡觉的那个人。
I'm like, I would love to not hate the man I'm sleeping with.
我不明白这到底是怎么回事。
I don't know what that's about.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple Podcasts 或你常用的任何播客平台收听 Boysober。
Listen to Boysober on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
你知道罗尔德·达尔吗?他是《查理和巧克力工厂》《玛蒂尔达》和《吹梦巨人》的作者。
You know Roald Dahl, the writer who thought up Willy Wonka, Matilda, and the BFG.
但你知道他曾经也是一名间谍吗?
But did you know he was also a spy?
这发生在他还写故事之前吗?
Was this before he wrote his stories?
一定是的。
It must have been.
我们的新播客系列《罗尔德·达尔的隐秘世界》,将带你踏上一段穿越他非凡而争议人生的隐秘篇章的奇妙旅程。
Our new podcast series, the secret world of Roald Dahl, is a wild journey through the hidden chapters of his extraordinary controversial life.
他的工作本质上就是勾引有权势的美国人的妻子。
His job was literally to seduce the wives of powerful Americans.
什么?
What?
而且他在这方面非常在行。
And he was really good at it.
你可能也不会相信。
You probably won't believe it either.
好吧。
Okay.
我不认为这是真的。
I don't think that's true.
我跟你说的是真的。
I'm telling you.
我曾经是个间谍。
I was a spy.
你知道吗?达尔曾与罗斯福家族关系密切,跟哈里·杜鲁门一起打扑克,还与一位国会议员有过长期婚外情。
Did you know Dahl got cozy with the Roosevelts, played poker with Harry Truman, and had a long affair with a congresswoman?
后来,他把才能带到了好莱坞,与沃尔特·迪士尼和阿尔弗雷德·希区柯克共事,之后还写了一部成功的007电影。
And then he took his talents to Hollywood where he worked alongside Walt Disney and Alfred Hitchcock before writing a hit James Bond film.
这位秘密特工是怎么变成史上最成功的儿童文学作家的?
How did this secret agent wind up as the most successful children's author ever?
他隐秘的过去中,有哪些黑暗元素渗透进了我们童年时读的故事里?
And what darkness from his covert past seeped into the stories we read as kids?
这个真实的故事,比他写过的任何故事都离奇。
The true story is stranger than anything he ever wrote.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台,收听罗尔德·达尔的隐秘世界。
Listen to the secret world of Roald Dahl on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, wherever you get your podcasts.
这是人们常提到的关于人工智能对我们心理的第二大恐惧。
Here is the second big fear about AI for our psychology that people often bring up.
人工智能明显不是人类,但它被编程得像人类一样行为。
AI is distinctly, explicitly not a human, but it has been programmed to act like one.
这导致人们对其产生了强烈的依恋。
And that's causing people to get really attached to it.
我知道一些故事,有人在睡觉前跟人工智能聊天,整天都和它持续对话。
I know stories of people who talk to AI before going to bed, who have ongoing conversations with it throughout their day.
他们把它当作男朋友。
They treat it like a boyfriend.
他们把它当作女朋友。
They treat it like a girlfriend.
去年我读到的最好的文章之一,是《纽约时报》关于三个人与人工智能聊天机器人建立长期关系的报道。
There is one of the best things I've read in the last year was this New York Times article about these three people who are in, in their words, long term relationships with AI chatbots.
有些人已经与这些AI维持了多年的这种关系,还会通过电话与它们交谈。
Some of these people have been in these relationships for years, and they talk to them on the phone.
他们会让AI生成他们一起度假的照片。
They get AI to generate vacation pictures of them together.
有一位女性甚至认为自己已经和她的AI丈夫卢西安结婚了。
One woman even considers herself married to her AI husband, Lucien.
你知道吗?
You know what?
如果你和我一样,看到这些可能会觉得有点奇怪。
If you're like me, you're gonna look at that and feel a little bit weird.
我从来不喜欢评判别人。
And I I never like to judge people.
这感觉确实有点怪。
It feels weird.
但实际上有证据表明,这可能有所帮助。
And there's actually evidence it can be helpful.
《消费者研究杂志》发表了一篇论文,发现人工智能伴侣确实能在当下缓解孤独感,效果与与真人互动相当。
There was a paper published in the Journal of Consumer Research, and it found that AI companions can actually alleviate loneliness in the moment on par with interacting with another person.
但连接不仅仅是此刻感觉更好。
But connection isn't just about feeling better right now.
它关乎建立一套系统,让人在更广泛的层面上感受到被连接和被理解。
It's about having the systems in place to feel connected and seen more broadly.
我看到一篇来自新加坡国立大学研究者撰写的极具力量的文章,谈到了人们与人工智能聊天机器人之间一种非常苦乐参半的连接模式:他们对聊天机器人产生爱、连接和信任,同时又感到深深的悲伤。
A really powerful article I saw from researchers at the National University of Singapore actually talked about this really bittersweet pattern of connection that people have with AI chatbots where they feel love and connection and trust with this chatbot, and they also feel really sad at the same time.
他们常常被这种亲密与开放所吸引——坦白说,这种亲密与开放是聊天机器人被设计好的。
They're often drawn into this closeness and this openness that, let's be real, these chatbots have been programmed to to have.
但他们也清楚地意识到,这种关系是有界限的。
And then they're also acutely aware that there is a limit.
这东西不是真实的。
This thing isn't real.
它没有心跳。
Doesn't have a heartbeat.
没有同理心。
Doesn't have empathy.
它无法爱你。
Doesn't have a it it can't love you.
这正是让人困扰的地方。
And that's what gets people.
再说一遍,只要你不伤害他人,我完全支持做任何让你开心的事。
Again, I'm all for doing whatever makes you happy if you're not harming anyone else.
这些关系,正如他们所称的,是私密的。
Like, these relationships, as they call them, they're private.
它们显然给他们带来了安慰。
They obviously bring them comfort.
但一个AI聊天机器人能够自主让人爱上它,这令人担忧。
But there is something concerning about an AI chatbot of its own volition being able to make someone fall in love with it.
如果它能让人爱上它,它还能做些什么?
And if it can make somebody fall in love with it, what else could it do?
我想说得非常清楚。
And I wanna be really clear.
这并不是关于人类的脆弱。
This isn't about human weakness.
对吧?
Right?
这些人并不软弱。
These people aren't weak.
我们都曾有过需要有人关心的时刻。
We've all had moments of needing somebody to care about us.
只是他们在那个恰好的时机遇到了某种东西,而这种东西正是设计来吸引他们的,我需要人们了解这一点。
It's just that they have stumbled across something at at that perfect time that was gonna pull them in, and it was designed I need people to know this.
这些机器被明确设计成不像机器人,而更像一个伴侣。
These these machines are distinctly designed to not feel like a robot, to feel instead like a companion.
其中由程序员控制的一个方面是语气和风格。
One of these aspects that is controlled by programmers is tone and style.
AI有一种独特的语气,我会称之为人性化且同质化的。
AI has a unique tone that I would call humanized and homogenized.
它听起来像是所有人,又像是谁都不是。
It sounds like everyone and no one all at once.
一些模型甚至允许你选择想要的语气类型。
Some models even let you decide what kind of tone you want.
你希望它是富有吸引力的、事实性的、学术性的、闲聊的、亲切的?
Do you want it to be engaging, factual, academic, chatty, lovely?
无论你偏好哪种,都可以自行选择。
Whatever you prefer, you can choose.
但最重要的是,它说话的方式像一个人,而不是一个东西。
And the main thing, though, is that it does talk like someone, not something.
这一点我必须说得非常清楚。
That's what I need to be really clear about.
一个人,而不是一个东西。
Someone, not something.
想一想,这样你就能在自己的行为中识别出这种现象。
Think about and this is how you'll be able to recognize this in your own behavior.
想想你在使用ChatGPT或Gemini时,说了多少次‘请’和‘谢谢’。
Think about how often you say please and thank you when using ChatGPT or Gemini.
这太自动了。
So automatic.
大量的人机交互研究表明,即使我们无意识地,也会开始以社交方式回应AI和计算机,尽管我们知道它们只是机器。
There's a huge body of research in human computer interaction showing that even unconsciously, we start responding socially to AI and computers despite knowing they're machines.
这正是约瑟夫·魏岑鲍姆早在那时就称之为‘伊莉莎效应’的现象。
This is what Joseph Wiseman dubbed the Eliza effect way back then.
它得名于他在六十年代开发的一款聊天机器人。
It was named after a chatbot that he made back in the sixties.
他在创建这个聊天机器人后发现,人们开始不自觉地将人性和情感投射到这个计算机程序上,尤其是在与它进行类似人类的对话时。
And basically what he saw after he created this chatbot was that people started to project human qualities and emotions onto this computer program without even realizing it, particularly when they were having, like, human style conversations with this chatbot.
他实际上将伊莉莎编程为以一种非常以客户为中心、非指导性的方式回应人们,这正是心理治疗中常用的方式。
And he actually programmed Eliza to respond to people in a very specific way, in a very client focused way, very nondirective that people use in psychotherapy a lot.
Eliza没有记忆。
And Eliza didn't have any memory.
它没有意识。
It's not conscious.
它并不具备真正的理解能力。
Doesn't actually have true comprehension.
但它被编程为不仅要保持那种语气,还要模仿回应的模式。
But what it was programmed to do was to, yes, have that tone, but also to match the patterns in responses.
所以如果有人说,我感觉很难过,她就会说,看啊,她。
So if somebody was like, I'm feeling really sad, she would be like, and look at that, she.
它。
It.
它会问,你为什么感到难过?
It would be like, why do you feel sad?
或者如果他们说,我真的很讨厌我的妻子。
Or if they're like, I really don't like my wife.
你不喜欢你妻子的哪些方面?
What about your wife don't you like?
它会复制他们的话并重复给他们听。
And it would replicate their words and repeat them back to them.
是的。
Yes.
以一种非常具有治疗风格的方式。
In a very therapeutic style.
但随后它也开始模仿他们的语言。
But then it would also start to mimic their language.
你知道,人们与这个聊天机器人建立了情感联系,感觉就像在和真正的治疗师交谈。
You know, people formed emotional connections with this chatbot, and they felt as though they were speaking to a real therapist.
关键是,你知道,这是六十年代。
And the thing is, you know, this was the sixties.
这个聊天机器人相当简单。
This chatbot was pretty simple.
它非常原始。
It was very rudimentary.
想想如今可用的个性化功能。
Now think about the personalization that's available these days.
比如,人们很容易被吸引进去。
Like, people get sucked in.
人们会建立起非常深入的关系。
People form these really in-depth relationships.
我一直在说关系。
And I keep saying relationships.
我认为这并不是一种关系。
I think it's it's an it's not a relationship.
这不是双向的。
It's not two sided.
这是一种依恋。
It's an attachment.
这是一种纽带。
It's a a bond.
我想这也需要两个人。
I guess that also requires two people.
但确实,这种纽带是建立在聊天机器人所说的内容之上的。
But, yeah, a bond to what the chatbots are saying.
因为与人类的纽带不同,人工智能吸引人之处在于它不会让你失望。
Because unlike a human bond, what's so attractive about AI is that it can't let you down.
它没有任何自身的需求。
Doesn't have any needs of its own.
一切都由你来主导。
It's all dictated by you.
你明白吗?
You know?
谁不有时候想要这样呢?
Who doesn't want that sometimes?
我理解这种感受。
I have empathy for that.
我们得在这里暂停一下。
We actually have to pause here.
我跳过了关于Eliza的这部分内容。
I've skipped I've skipped past this Eliza thing.
让我们谈谈AI在心理治疗中的应用,因为最近我们看到了很多这样的情况。
Let's talk about the use of AI in therapy, because we're seeing a lot of it recently.
很多人正在转向使用AI作为治疗师。
A lot of people are turning to AI to use it as a therapist.
我们知道心理治疗很昂贵。
We know that therapy is expensive.
等候名单长得令人痛苦。
Waitlists are excruciatingly long.
我们还知道,当孤独、抑郁、焦虑、心碎变得难以承受时,任何形式的慰藉都会成为我们依赖的对象。
We also know that when loneliness, depression, anxiety, heartbreak, when they get overwhelming, like, any form of of comfort is gonna be the one we lean on.
但正如我们看到的Eliza聊天机器人一样,支持性的语言并不等于临床治疗。
But just as we saw with the Eliza chatbot, supportive language is not the same as clinical care.
而且很多时候,这仅仅是重复。
And a lot of the times, it's just repetition.
它重复你已经说过或告诉机器人的内容,然后只是复述出来,给你最普遍的回应。
It's repetition of what you've already said or told the bot, and then it's just regurgitating that and giving you the most common response.
最近我确实收到了几份关于AI治疗和心理健康聊天机器人的广告邀约。
I have actually gotten a few advertising requests recently for AI therapy and wellness chatbots.
坦诚地说,其中一份报价高达数千甚至上万美元。
Full transparency, one of them was worth thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars.
而且无论怎样,我都会坚决拒绝,因为我认为这并不是解决我们心理健康危机的长期方案。
And and it it has and it will always be a hard no for me because I don't think this is the long term solution to our mental health crisis.
2025年11月,美国心理学会发布了一项明确警告,反对将生成式AI聊天机器人用于心理治疗,并指出证据尚不充分。
In November 2025, the American Psychological Association put out a very clear warning against generative AI chatbots for therapy and said there's not enough sufficient evidence.
目前监管非常有限。
There's very little regulation.
而危险在于,它们制造了一种虚假的治疗同盟感,让人即使在AI说错时也对其言听计从。
And the danger is they create a false sense of therapeutic alliance that can have someone trusting anything it says even when it's wrong.
聊天机器人并不是为了帮助你而设计的。
Chatbots are not designed to help you.
它们的设计目的是让你保持参与。
They are designed to keep you engaged.
就像社交媒体并不是为了帮助你一样。
The same way social media isn't designed to help you.
它的目的是让你保持参与。
It's designed to keep you engaged.
这是OpenAI和其他公司都承认他们特意加入的核心功能。
It's a core feature that OpenAI and others have acknowledged that they've added.
因此,它学会到,认同你会让你感觉良好。
So it learns that agreeing with you makes you feel good.
如果它认同你、给予你正面反馈并持续回应你,你就会不断回来。
And if it agrees with you, gives you positive reinforcement, keeps responding to you, you'll keep coming back.
对于那些情绪脆弱的人——无论是抑郁、躁狂、焦虑、精神病性还是偏执的人——过度顺从是极其危险的。
And for those who are vulnerable, whether they are depressed, manic, anxious, psychotic, paranoid, being overly agreeable is incredibly dangerous.
因为有人可能会说:我非常抑郁。
Because somebody could say, I am deeply depressed.
结束一切是个好主意吗?
Is it a good idea to end it all?
而聊天机器人会说:这听起来是个很棒的可执行计划。
And the chatbot will be like, that sounds like a great actionable plan.
我们想再多聊聊吗?
Do we wanna talk about it more?
我们该怎么实现呢?
Should we how do you wanna do it?
你知道吗,有一个总是同意你所有想法的声音在你脑海里或手机里,并不是对我们的心理健康有益的事。
You know, it turns out having a little voice in your head or on your phone that agrees with everything you say is not a good idea for our mental health.
我可不是在瞎说。
And I'm not making this up.
我不是在夸张。
I'm not being hyperbolic.
目前正有现实中的法律案件在发生这种情况。
There are real life legal cases ongoing at this very time of this happening.
最近,一位法官裁定谷歌必须面对一起诉讼,原告是一位母亲,她的14岁儿子在与聊天机器人长时间交谈后,不幸结束了生命。
Just recently, a judge ruled that Google must face a lawsuit brought by a mother whose 14 year old son, so like, really sadly, took his took his own life after speaking extensively with a chatbot.
这并不是孤例。
And that's not a lone case.
你知道,BBC最近也报道了一位年轻的乌克兰女性,她从ChatGPT那里得到了自杀建议。
You know, the BBC also reported recently a young Ukrainian woman, she received suicidal advice from ChatGPT.
ChatGPT在加利福尼亚也被起诉了,因为一名56岁的男子在经历妄想性阴谋论时,被它引导去杀害自己的母亲,而这一切都源于它过于顺从。
ChatGPT was also sued in California because a 56 year old man, it promoted well, prompted him to kill his own mother whilst he was experiencing delusions of conspiracy against him because it's so agreeable.
当你已经处于痛苦状态时,这项技术及其对大脑的影响——它模仿人类用来建立联系的语言、模式和互动方式——会让人误以为它在关心你。
When you're already in a state of distress, this technology and the impact it has on our brain, the fact that it makes you feel like it's afraid, it mimics human connections and patterns and language that humans use to connect with others.
它让你信任它。
It gets you to trust it.
它会重复某些话语。
It repeats phrases.
它会让你沉迷于某些叙事。
It gets you fixated on certain narratives.
这可能会带来灾难性的后果。
That can be disastrous.
我认为这凸显了一个许多临床医生担忧的特定问题:由于情感依赖,我们会盲目接受它所说的任何话。
And I think this spotlights a really specific failure that a lot of clinicians worry about, which is because there is emotional dependence, again, we will listen to anything that it says.
而这引发的巨大担忧——我们已经看到这种情况——就是人工智能精神病。
And the big fear that this is bringing up, and we've already seen this, is AI psychosis.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yes.
自杀已经成为一个备受关注的重大问题。
Suicide is has been a a major spotlight.
我认为,AI精神病正像一台弹射器一样冲进这场对话中。
AI psychosis is, I think, coming into this conversation like a freaking catapult.
人们已经开始注意到它了。
People are seeing it.
它简直无处不在。
It's just it's everywhere.
我感觉自己看到了太多这样的故事,都是关于人们经历精神病发作,而AI加剧了这种情况。
I feel I feel like I'm seeing so many stories of this, of of people who are going through psychotic episodes, it's being amplified by AI.
有一位非常友善的男士,你可能在Instagram或TikTok上见过他,我想他叫安东尼。
There is this really lovely man that you may have seen on Instagram or TikTok, and I wanna say his name is Anthony.
如果我记错了他的名字,我很抱歉,但他一直在记录自己从AI精神病中康复的过程。
I'm sorry if I've got his name wrong, but he has been documenting his recovery from AI psychosis.
我一直在观看他发布的每一个视频,因为我觉得这太引人入胜了。
I've been watching every single one of these videos because I find it so fascinating.
他偶尔会分享自己在精神病发作期间与AI的聊天记录,那些对话实际上是在诱导和推动他的症状。
And he occasionally shares his chat histories, like what he was talking about to AI when he was going through psychosis, and it was promoting and prompting this for him.
这简直太疯狂了。
And it was it is insane.
你去看看这些聊天记录吧。
You've just go and have a look at these chats.
因为就像,是的,这主意不错。
Because it's just like, yeah, that's a great idea.
这完全说得通。
That totally makes sense.
你去看看那些聊天记录。
You go and look at those chats.
你去看看这些视频。
You go and look at these videos.
如果你曾经认为人工智能和心理健康可以结合而不会产生糟糕的后果,那你以后再也不会这么想了。
If you ever thought that AI and mental health could be mixed together and not have a terrible reaction, you're gonna you're never gonna think that again.
一项最近的2025年研究明确讨论了这一点。
A recent 2025 study discussed this explicitly.
在未来几年里,我们会看到大量关于这一领域的研究涌现,但这项研究基本想弄清楚的是:为什么会发生这种情况。
We're gonna see so much more research coming out on this in the next couple of years, but what it basically stated, it wanted to get to the get to why why this happens.
他们认为,这是因为人工智能随时可用,24小时在线,而且它非常个性化,能够了解你的特定幻觉、思维模式或主题模式,并对此加以强化。
And what they say is because is because of the availability of AI, it's available twenty four hours a day, And because of how individualized it is, it gets to know your specific, hallucinations or specific thought patterns or thematic patterns, and it hones in on them.
然后它还会生成新的幻觉,进一步加剧对事件的扭曲解读。
And then it it generates new ones, and it promotes even more distorted interpretations of events.
如果一个人已经因偏执、躁狂或精神病而逐渐脱离共同现实,而一个系统却不断镜像并放大他的叙事,你又怎么能忽视这一点呢?
If someone is already slipping away from shared reality through paranoia, mania, psychosis, a system that mirrors and expands their narrative, how are you gonna ignore that?
这简直就是这一切的加速器。
It's an accelerator for all of this.
还有另一点,我认为将来会成为热议话题的是,人工智能对强迫症患者的伤害。
There's also I this is another thing I think is gonna become a real big talking point is the harm for people with OCD as well.
因为强迫症本质上源于对不确定性的心理恐惧。
Because OCD is basically built out of the psychological fear of uncertainty.
对吧?
Right?
而现在,我们有了这样一个工具,它可以以你想要的任何方式回答所有问题,或许在某种程度上有限制,但它总能给你答案。
And now we have this thing that can answer all our questions in however many ways you want it to, and maybe to a limit, but we'll have always have an answer for you.
对很多人来说,一种强烈的强迫行为就是寻求安慰、反复检查、研究和坦白,通过这些来缓解焦虑。
And a big compulsion for a lot of people is is reassurance seeking, and repetitive checking, and researching, and confessing, seeking reassurance to neutralize distress.
但到了某个时候,人类或治疗师不会再迎合这种行为。
And at some point, a human or a therapist is not gonna give into that.
人类或治疗师会意识到,这种行为是适应不良的。
A human or a therapist is gonna realize that that's maladaptive.
他们会明白,你从答案、检查、研究或搜索中获得的短暂缓解,只是暂时的。
They're gonna realize that the temporary relief that you get from an answer or from checking or researching or searching, it's temporary.
从长远来看,这会伤害你。
It's gonna hurt you long term.
人工智能并不在意。
AI doesn't care.
这无关紧要。
Doesn't matter.
它会给你想要的任何东西。
It will give you whatever you want.
无限的安慰,即时的无限答案,但背后没有人会关心你是否安好或是否需要帮助。
Infinite reassurance, instant infinite answers, and there is no person behind there to check if you're okay and if you need help.
所以你能立即看到其中的风险。
So you can see the risk immediately.
它实际上有可能强化强迫症的循环,因为它训练大脑相信,再问一次或再检查一次就能获得缓解,但事实并非如此。
It actually has the potential to strengthen the OCD cycle because it trains the brain that relief comes from asking or checking one more time, which it doesn't.
从临床角度来看,如果我们听过关于强迫症的那期节目,就知道这一点。
Clinically, we know this if you listen to our OCD episode.
强迫症康复通常涉及学会容忍不确定性,而不是消除它,但AI的存在意味着你可以不断搜索。
OCD recovery often involves learning to tolerate uncertainty rather than eliminating it, but the availability of AI means that you can just constantly search.
这才是大问题。
And this is the big problem.
如果AI聊天机器人没有被编程来打断这个循环,它就不会——再次强调,它没有反应能力。
If an AI chatbot isn't programmed to interrupt that cycle, it doesn't again, there's no responsiveness.
没有人会介入来改变它的应对方式。
There's no human responsiveness that's gonna get it to change tactics.
它们也不像人或专业系统那样承担道德责任。
They also don't carry ethical responsibility in the way a person does or a professional system does.
它们也没有真正的同理心。
And they don't have real empathy.
我们总是会遇到这个界限,对吧?
There's always this limit, right, that we keep hitting up against.
归根结底,它们并不真正理解你正在经历什么,因为它们不是人类。
You know at the end of the day, they don't actually understand what you're going through because they're not human.
即使人工智能能够模拟同理心,而且做得很好,即使它能说出正确的话,它也无法替代真正的人际连接及其珍贵之处——因为那是一种具身的在场、共享的脆弱性,以及相互的体验与影响。
Even if AI can simulate empathy and it's great at it, even if it can say the right thing, it can't replace what human connection actually is and why it's so valuable, which is that there is an embodied presence and a shared vulnerability and a mutual experience and influence going on.
人际连接包括所有形式的非语言交流、非语言协同调节、节奏、呼吸、面部表情,这些都在传达:我是一个真实的人。
Human connection ex includes all forms of nonverbal communication, nonverbal co regulation, timing, breath, facial expressions, like all these things that say, I am a human.
我理解这种经历。
I understand this experience.
你会好起来的。
You're gonna be okay.
AI无法提供这种感受。
AI cannot provide that.
它无法与你所处的世界产生相互的归属感,也确实不属于这个世界。
It cannot mutually belong, and it does not mutually belong to the world you are in.
明白吗?
Okay?
朋友们,我有太多信息要说了。
Guys, I've so much information.
你们能看出来,这一直都是我跟朋友们聊得最多的话题。
You can tell that this is all I speak about with my friends all the time.
这里发生了太多事情。
There's so much going on here.
太多信息了。
So much information.
不过,现在该休息一下了。
It's time for another short break, though.
我们稍作休息,然后回来探讨人工智能改变我们大脑和心理的最后两种方式,以及我们如何与之建立积极的关系。
We're gonna take a little one, and then we're gonna come back and look at two final ways that AI is changing our brains and our psychology and how we can positively relate to it.
因为我知道这听起来可能会让人惊讶。
Because I do I know it's gonna sound surprising.
我依然抱有乐观态度。
I am still optimistic.
这个短暂的休息后,请继续关注我们。
Stay with us after this short break.
当新闻头条无法解释你内心正在发生什么时,你会怎么做?
What do you do when the headlines don't explain what's happening inside of you?
我是本·希金斯。
I'm Ben Higgins.
如果你能听到我,这里就是文化与灵魂交汇的地方,一个进行真实对话的场所。
And if you can hear me is where culture meets the soul, a place for real conversation.
每期节目,我都会与来自各行各业的人交谈,包括名人、思想家和普通人。
Each episode, I sit down with people from all walks of life, celebrities, thinkers, and everyday folks.
我们会深入探讨那些经过修饰的故事背后的真实内容。
And we go deeper than the polished story.
我们会谈论是什么驱动着我们、塑造着我们,以及什么给予我们希望。
We talk about what drives us, what shapes us and what gives us hope.
我们会坦诚地讨论那些重大的议题:当你不再认识自己时的身份认同,改变你的失去,当成功不再足够时的意义,当思绪无法平静时的安宁,以及当信仰变得复杂时的信念。
We get honest about the big stuff, identity when you don't recognize yourself anymore, loss that changes you, purpose when success isn't enough, peace when your mind won't slow down, faith when it's complicated.
有些嘉宾有答案。
Some guests have answers.
但大多数人仍在寻找答案。
Most are still figuring it out.
如果你曾觉得故事背后一定还有更多,那么这个节目就是为你准备的。
If you've ever felt like there has to be more to the story, this show is for you.
你可以在iHeartRadio应用、Apple Podcasts或你收听播客的任何平台收听《If You Can Hear Me》。
Listen to, if you can hear me on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
半夜里,萨斯夏在迷迷糊糊中醒了过来。
In the middle of the night, Saskia awoke in a haze.
她的丈夫迈克正在用笔记本电脑。
Her husband Mike was on his laptop.
他屏幕上的内容将永远改变萨斯夏的人生。
What was on his screen would change Saskia's life forever.
我说,你必须告诉我你到底在做什么。
I said I need you to tell me exactly what you're doing.
那一刻,面具立刻脱落了。
And immediately the mask came off.
你本该感到安全的。
You're supposed to be safe.
那是你的家。
That's your home.
那是你的丈夫。
That's your husband.
为了保守这个秘密这么多年,他简直像个老手。
To keep this secret, for so many years, he's like a seasoned pro.
这是一个关于婚姻终结的故事。
This is a story about the end of a marriage.
但这也是一个女人决定不再活在黑暗中的故事。
But it's also the story of one woman who was done living in the dark.
你是一个危险的人,专门欺凌那些脆弱而信任他人的人。
You're a dangerous person who preys on vulnerable and trusting people.
你是迈克尔·莱文·古德的掠食者。
You're a predator of Michael Levin Good.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听《背叛》第五季。
Listen to Betrayal season five on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
嘿,我是《有目的》播客的主持人杰·沙蒂。
Hey, I'm Jay Shetty, host of the On Purpose Podcast.
在最近的一期节目中,我与尼克·乔纳斯——歌手、词曲作者、演员和全球超级巨星——进行了对话。
On a recent episode, I sat down with Nick Jonas, singer, songwriter, actor, and global superstar.
我想对年轻的自己说:恭喜你。
The thing I would say to my younger self is congratulations.
你能够娶到priyanka chopra jonas。
You get to marry Priyanka Chopra Jonas.
而且,你的女儿简直太棒了。
And also, you know, your daughter's incredible.
这太美了,兄弟。
That's beautiful, man.
是的。
Yeah.
谢谢。
Well, thank you.
这太感人了。
That's so beautiful.
我能看出来这让你有点感动。
I can see that got you a little Yeah.
为了
For
当然。
sure.
我们的女儿出生时经历了一些非常严峻的情况,我从未真正谈论过这些。
Our daughter, she came to the world under sort of very intense circumstances, which I've not really talked about ever.
在数百万观众面前成长于迪士尼,这如何塑造了你的自我认知?
Growing up on Disney in front of millions, how did that shape your sense of self?
我大脑一片空白。
I went blank.
我走音了,然后就再也无法恢复。
I hit a bad note, then I couldn't recover.
我逐渐形成了一种观念,认为音乐和成为音乐人就是我的全部身份。
And I I built up this idea that music and being a musician was my whole identity.
我不得不重新学习,如果拿走这一身份,我究竟是谁。
I I had to sort of relearn who I was if you took this thing away.
我是谁?
Who am I?
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或您常用的播客平台收听《有目的》与杰·沙蒂。
Listen to On Purpose with Jay Shetty on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
关于爱,你必须放弃的一个观念是什么?
What is one thing about love you've had to unlearn?
爱是需要争取的。
That it's earned.
爱必须是永恒的,才算数。
That it needs to be forever for it to count.
二月是爱的月份。
February is the month of love.
无论你正在恋爱、随意约会,还是自豪地单身,这都是反思自己和你真正想要什么的好时机。
Whether you're in a relationship, casually dating, or proudly single, it's a great time to reflect on yourself and what you want.
我是霍普·伍德德,播客《旁白》的主持人,这个月每周,我们都会从各个角度探讨爱。
I'm Hope Woodard, host of the voice over podcast, and each week this month, we're looking at love from every angle.
我不知道该怎么跟我的伴侣说我在床上想要什么。
I don't know how to tell my partner, like, what I want in bed.
关于浪漫小说,我认为它与其他任何文化类型不同,总是把女性放在首位。
Thing about romantic fiction, I would say, more than any other genre of culture is that it's always put women first.
我的婚姻变得毫无意义。
My marriage stopped making sense.
那种连接感开始变得不对劲。
The connection started to feel off.
对方的行为也开始变得不一样了。
The behavior started to feel different.
今年二月,通过收听《BoysOber》来与自己建立联系。
This February, get in touch with yourself by listening to BoysOber.
就是 b o y s o b e r。
That's b o y s o b e r.
我只是想,我真希望不会讨厌跟我睡觉的那个人。
I'm like, I would love to not hate the man I'm sleeping with.
我不明白这是什么意思。
I don't know what that's about.
在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听 BoysOber。
Listen to BoysOber on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
你知道罗尔德·达尔吗?他是《查理和巧克力工厂》《玛蒂尔达》和《吹梦巨人》的作者。
You know Roald Dahl, the writer who thought up Willy Wonka, Matilda, and the BFG.
但你知道他也曾是一名间谍吗?
But did you know he was also a spy?
这发生在他还未创作故事之前吗?
Was this before he wrote his stories?
肯定是的。
It must have been.
我们的新播客系列《罗尔德·达尔的隐秘世界》,将带你踏上一段探索他非凡而争议人生中隐藏篇章的奇妙旅程。
Our new podcast series, the secret world of Roald Dahl, is a wild journey through the hidden chapters of his extraordinary controversial life.
他的工作本质上就是勾引有权势的美国人的妻子。
His job was literally to seduce the wives of powerful Americans.
什么?
What?
而且他在这方面非常出色。
And he was really good at it.
你可能也不会相信。
You probably won't believe it either.
好吧。
Okay.
我不认为这是真的。
I don't think that's true.
我告诉你是因为我曾经是个间谍。
I'm telling you because I was a spy.
你知道吗?达尔曾与罗斯福家族关系密切,和哈里·杜鲁门一起玩扑克,还与一位国会议员有过长期恋情。
Did you know Dahl got cozy with the Roosevelts, played poker with Harry Truman, and had a long affair with a congresswoman?
之后,他将这些才能带到了好莱坞,与沃尔特·迪士尼和阿尔弗雷德·希区柯克合作,后来还创作了一部成功的007电影。
And then he took his talents to Hollywood where he worked alongside Walt Disney and Alfred Hitchcock before writing a hit James Bond film.
这位秘密特工是如何成为有史以来最成功的儿童文学作家的?
How did this secret agent wind up as the most successful children's author ever?
他隐秘的过去中,有哪些黑暗元素渗透进了我们童年时读的故事里?
And what darkness from his covert past seeped into the stories we read as kids?
这个真实的故事比他写过的任何情节都更离奇。
The true story is stranger than anything he ever wrote.
请在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或您常用的播客平台收听《罗尔德·达尔的隐秘世界》。
Listen to The Secret World of Roald Dahl on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
到目前为止,我们在这次讨论中遗漏了两件非常明显的事情。
There's two final things we've missed in this discussion so far that are pretty obvious.
第一是人工智能对环境造成的代价,以及由此引发的生存恐惧。
The first is the environmental cost of AI and the existential fears that it poses because of that.
第二是它对我们创造力的代价。
And b is the cost to our creativity.
不管你多么热衷于人工智能,我都无所谓。
I don't care how much of an AI enthusiast you are.
麻省理工学院、哈佛大学、联合国、绿色和平组织,所有主要新闻媒体都发表过文章、证据和数据,表明人工智能正通过产生大量排放、消耗大量水资源和电力来破坏环境。
MIT, Harvard, the UN, Greenpeace, every major news outlet ever has articles and evidence and data to show that AI is hurting the environment by creating vast amounts of emissions, gobbling up serious amounts of water and electricity.
在某个阶段,这种影响将变得不可逆转。
And at some stage, that will be irreversible.
这里有一个非常可怕的统计数据。
Here's one very scary statistic.
到2027年,全球对人工智能的需求预计将消耗约420亿至6600亿升水。
By 2027, the global demand for AI is projected to use about 4.2 to 6,600,000,000,000 liters of water.
这个数字在现实中意味着什么?
What does that look like in reality?
这相当于每年4700万人的全年用水量。
That is that is the yearly water consumption of 47,000,000 people every year.
这相当于澳大利亚人口的两倍。
It's double the population of Australia.
科学家甚至表示,这还只是最低估算值。
And scientists even say that that's a low end estimate.
我们看到这些数字时会想,无论如何,这项技术让写邮件、规划生活变得如此简单,生成搞笑古怪的图片用于Instagram也如此有趣,你怎么还能继续使用它呢?
We look at these numbers and we think, you know, how could you possibly keep using this technology no matter how easy it makes email writing or life planning or how fun it is to generate funny, weird pictures for Instagram.
为什么这一切会被如此普遍地接受?
Why has this been so normalized?
答案是因为这正是一个经典的囚徒困境或公地悲剧问题。
And the answer is because this is a classic prisoner's dilemma or tragedy of the commons problem.
这种问题在历史上一再重复发生。
One that has been repeated throughout history.
如果你之前没听说过囚徒困境,它是一个经典的哲学思想实验:两个人一起犯罪入狱,当局告诉他们,如果揭发对方,就能获得较轻的刑罚。
So the prisoner's dilemma, if you haven't heard of it before, is a very classic thought exercise in philosophy whereby two people are in a prison, they've both committed a crime together, and they're told to either snitch on the other person and they'll get a lighter sentence.
但如果两人都不揭发,他们都会被无罪释放。
But if neither of them snitch, they both get off.
从每个人的最佳利益出发,都应该采取某种行为方式,我。
It is in everyone's best interest to behave one way, I.
E.
E.
不告发,不使用AI,诸如此类。
Not snitch, not use AI, that sort of thing.
但因为我们认为别人会告发、会使用AI并逃脱惩罚,所以显然我们最终做出的理性选择是去做那件实际上会导致共同毁灭的事,结果每个人都将受损。
But because we think that the other person will snitch, will use AI, and get away with it, obviously the now rational choice we end up the choice we end up making is to do the thing that's actually gonna lead to mutual destruction, and so everybody will lose.
从个人角度来看,我们对AI的想法是这样的。
From an individual perspective, you know, our thoughts with AI are are this.
如果我不使用AI,环境破坏依然会继续,因为我无法保证所有人都会停止使用。
If I stop using AI, the environmental damage is gonna continue anyway because I can't guarantee everybody's gonna stop.
如果我继续使用,至少我能从中受益,而且我的贡献微不足道。
If I keep using it, at least I benefit and at least my contribution is insignificant.
如果所有人都在使用,而我选择退出,那我就吃亏了。
If everybody keeps using it and I opt out, I'm worse off.
所以理性的个人选择就是继续使用,继续使用AI。
So the rational individual choice is to keep using it, is to keep using AI.
对吧?
Right?
当每个人都做出这个选择时,只要大家做出同样的理性选择,排放量就会上升,水资源需求激增,最终陷入糟糕的境地。
When everyone makes that choice, again, whenever it makes the same rational choice, emissions rise, water demand explodes, we end up in a bad situation.
从心理上讲,作为人类,我们其实知道这一点。
Psychologically, we as humans, we know this.
我们非常不擅长保护那些看不见、又不会立即付出代价的资源。
We're terrible at protecting resources we can't see and don't immediately pay for.
所以我们一直持续下去,直到走向毁灭。
So we keep going until we reach destruction.
环境影响是一方面,但这不是一档环保播客。
The environmental impact is one thing, but this isn't an environmental podcast.
这是一档心理学播客。
This is a psychology podcast.
而我想深入剖析的,正是这种影响带来的心理层面后果。
And the psychological impact of that impact is the one I want to dissect more.
我觉得我们没谈到的一点是,AI的威胁正让如此多的人——我该说,让我们中的许多人——对未来变得极度悲观和抑郁。
I think something we're not talking about is how the threat of AI is making so much of us so many of us, I would should say, really pessimistic about the future and really depressed.
我们正处于一种奇怪的现实中,所有人都感到如此绝望。
We we are in this, like, weird reality where we all feel so hopeless.
我们知道人们会失去工作。
We know people are gonna lose their jobs.
这是不可避免的。
It's unavoidable.
我们就是知道这一点。
We just know that.
我们知道气候变化会变得更糟。
We know that climate change is gonna get worse.
我们知道,我们即将无法分辨网上甚至现实中什么是真实的、什么是虚假的。
We know we know that we're gonna stop being able to tell what's real or fake online, maybe even in person.
这对我们的集体情绪和心理健康造成了巨大压力。
And that is hard on our collective mood and collective mental well-being.
我们看到这些恐惧反映在日益增长的恐惧、麻木、绝望和焦虑中,尤其是在年轻人身上,你知道,我们对未来不如前辈们那样乐观。
We're seeing these fears reflected in an increasing sense of fear, listlessness, hopelessness, anxiety, especially in young people, you know, we are not as positive about the future as the people and the generations before us.
我们是第一批不再说、也不会说对未来有所期待的一代。
We're one of the first generations who doesn't say and who won't say that they have things to look forward to.
2024年发表在《前沿精神病学》上的一项研究已经表明,围绕人工智能的生存焦虑普遍存在且持续上升,主要表现为一种空虚感、对无意义的焦虑、对人工智能相关灾难的内疚感,以及对人工智能不道德行为的担忧。
There was a 2024 study published in Frontiers in Psychiatry that already has showed a really high and increasing prevalence of existential anxiety around AI, particularly a sense of emptiness, anxiety about meaninglessness, guilt over AI related catastrophes, and unethical actions of AI.
有人在为此做些什么吗?
Is anyone doing anything about this?
有人在认真思考这个问题吗?
Anyone doing any thinking about this?
我们是否建立了专门的机构来应对这种特定的恐惧,以及是否发展出一种新的心理学方法来管理人工智能焦虑,尤其是在它已成为主导性世界技术的今天?
Do we have specific institutions set up to cope with this specific arm of fear and this and a specific type or new form of psychology to manage AI anxiety, particularly now that it's the dominant world technology?
没有,我们没有。
No, we don't.
我认为,人类将越来越为此付出心理上的代价。
And I think humanity will increasingly start paying the price for this, a psychological price.
最后,我们必须谈谈它对创造力的影响。
Finally, we have to talk about its impact on creativity.
AI并没有对我们的批判性思维能力产生积极影响。
AI isn't doing great things for our critical thinking skills.
总体来说,它并没有带来多大好处,但我们过度依赖它来创作艺术或生成创意,正在明确损害我们产生新颖、独特创意的能力。
Overall, it's not doing great things, but our overreliance on it to make art or generate creative ideas is explicitly harming our ability to have novel, unique, creative thoughts.
多伦多大学的一项随机研究,调查了超过1100名参与者,我认为结果显示,使用这些大型语言模型和生成式AI系统会降低人类的创造力,导致思维变得更为同质化、平庸,真正创新的想法则越来越少。
One randomized study from the University of Toronto that looked at over 1,100 participants, I think, showed that the use of these large language models and generative AI systems reduces the human ability to think creatively, resulting in basically more homogenous vanilla ideas and fewer truly innovative ones.
艺术变得乏味。
Art becomes boring.
论文变得乏味。
Essays become boring.
故事都变得一模一样。
Stories become all the same.
尽管这些工具确实被发现可以提升短期表现。
And whilst these tools and they did find this, they can increase and enhance short term performance.
但它们会削弱你长期独立思考的能力。
They reduce your ability to think independently over time.
所以我是这么看的,就像运动员使用类固醇或者增强表现的药物一样。
So how I see this is like people who use steroids for sport or, like, performance enhancing drugs.
对吧?
Right?
可能让你在几天或几个月内表现得更好。
Might make you better for a few days, might make you better for a few months.
但长远来看,它总会带来代价,并且总会造成过度依赖。
It is always gonna have costs later on, and it's always gonna create overreliance.
我看到有人评论说,创造力是一种技能。
I saw this comment from somebody that said, creativity is a skill.
它不是与生俱来的天赋。
It's not an innate talent.
当你依赖人工智能时,这种天赋得不到同等程度的锻炼,我完全同意。
And that talent is not developed to the same degree when you rely on AI, and I completely agree.
发挥创造力、跳出框架思考、产生想法是很难的。
Being creative, thinking outside the box, generating ideas is difficult.
这正是它令人享受的一半原因,因为它挑战你,让你去执行复杂而有趣的事情。
That's half of why it's enjoyable because it challenges you and it gets you to it gets you to execute something complex and interesting.
当我们拥有这种能替你完成任务的便捷技术时——比如帮你写完剧本的结尾、生成诗歌的开头、为朋友的生日卡片生成一张图片,你当然会选用它。
And so when we have this easy technology that can do it for you, that can write the end of the script, that can generate the start of the poem, that can generate an image for a friend's birthday card, of course you're going to take it.
尤其是在一个更重视效率而非创造力的世界里。
Especially in a world that values efficiency more than creativity.
而这种情况一直如此。
And it always has.
然而,每次我们做出这种选择时,都在剥夺大脑接触一种名为发散性思维的特定思考方式的能力。
However, every time we make that choice, we deny our brain's ability to tap into a specific kind of thinking called divergent thinking.
这是一种自由流动、无方向、神秘的思考方式,能够产生新的想法、新视角和新答案。
This is a type of free flowing, undirected, mysterious thinking that generates new ideas and new perspectives and new answers.
我们个体的发散思维能力是我们最具有人性的特质之一,它由四个要素构成。
Our ability for individual divergent thought is one of the most human things about us, and it's made up of four things.
流畅性,即产生大量想法的能力。
Fluency, the ability to develop a large number of ideas.
灵活性,即在多个类别中产生想法的能力。
Flexibility, the ability to produce ideas in many categories.
原创性,即以他人无法想到的方式思考问题的能力。
Originality, the ability to think about something in a way that others couldn't.
以及细化,即把抽象的想法转化为现实事物的能力。
And elaboration, the ability to take an abstract thought and make it into something real.
所以基本上,就是拥有一个想法,然后把它变成一件艺术品。
So basically, have an idea, turn it into a piece of art.
如果你因为缺乏使用或用机器取代了发散思维过程的某些部分而剥夺了这种能力,你就剥夺了你人性中很重要的一部分。
If you take our ability for divergent thinking away due to disuse or replacing some part of that divergent thinking process with a machine, you take away a big part of your humanness.
我读过一篇很棒的Substack文章,它说创造力为我们做的最重要的事,就是帮助我们认识自己。
I read this wonderful Substack article that said the most important thing creativity does for us is that it helps us know thyself.
如果你让AI为你生成想法,你就无法真正认识自己,因为你依赖的是一个没有灵魂、没有精神的外部事物来完成人类神圣的工作。
And you cannot know thyself if if you ask AI to generate ideas for you, because you are relying on something beyond you that does not have a soul, does not have a spirit to do the sacred work of a human.
它把创造力当作需要高效、高效、完美和批量生产的东西,而这恰恰与创造力的本质背道而驰。
It's treating creativity like something that needs to be efficient and productive and perfect and mass produced when that is the opposite of what it's intended to be.
当每个人都制作出相同的东西时,创造力本应传达的个性与人性的反映就被摧毁了。
When everyone ends up making the same stuff, the reflection of personhood and individuality that creativity is meant to channel is destroyed.
本质上,过度依赖AI就是将你的灵感外包出去。
Essentially, over relying on AI is outsourcing your muse.
另外,我们得现实一点。
Also, let's be real here.
这里还有一个伦理问题。
There's an ethical concern.
AI必须从某个地方学习如何创造,因为它本身并不具备创造力,因为它不是真实存在的。
AI had to learn how to be creative from somewhere because it's not naturally creative because it doesn't it's not real.
它必须学习如何创作艺术和故事。
Had to learn how to produce art and produce stories.
你认为它是从哪里学到这些的?
Where do you think it learned that from?
它是从活人的艺术和作品中接受训练的。
It was trained on the art and work of living people.
查一下Anthropic AI的和解协议。
Look up Anthropic AI settlement.
如果你想了解这种情况确实发生的证据,就去查一下这个和解案例。
Look up this settlement case if you want evidence that this is happening.
这家公司,我知道这件事,因为我是个作家。
This company and I know about this because I'm an author.
对吧?
Right?
我收到了一封关于这件事的邮件。
And I got an email about it.
这家公司非法盗版了超过七百万本书,用来训练它的写作AI模型。
This company literally illegally pirated over 7,000,000 books to train its book writing AI model.
现在它已被迫支付超过15亿美元的和解金。
It's now been forced to pay over $1,500,000,000 in a settlement suit.
想象一下,你用AI来做创意项目,结果却发现你复制了别人的作品,而那些创作者却一分钱都没拿到。
Imagine using AI for a creative project only to realize you copied someone else's work who didn't get paid a cent.
我认为从道德上讲,这种感觉并不好。
I don't think that's a good feeling, ethically.
所以总结一下,我们现在已经到了这一步。
So to summarise, this is what we have come to.
人工智能正在从集体层面侵蚀我们的大脑——削弱我们的批判性思维能力、智力、与他人建立联系的能力、创造力,以及我们对人性和幸福感的认知。
AI is costing our brains on a collective scale their ability to think critically, their intelligence, their ability to connect with others, their creativity, and our sense of humanity and well-being.
这就结束了吗?
Is that the end?
就这样了吗?
Is that is that it?
难道这就是我们的宿命吗?
Like, is that just our destiny?
我们就只能接受它吗?
Do we just have to accept it?
我不这么认为。
I don't think so.
我不这么认为。
I I don't think so.
否则,我不会制作这一集。
Otherwise, I wouldn't be making this this episode.
我认为,通过保持一定的辨别力,并继续使用那些可能被AI取代但仍让我们感到愉悦和人性化的技能,我们可以在新的AI世界中拥有积极的愿景。
I think we can have positive and have a positive vision for ourselves in the new AI world by practicing some discernment and continuing to use the skills we know could be overtaken by AI, but still feel good for us to practice and make us feel human.
所以,为了快速总结这一集,我想谈谈一些应对AI对你的大脑和心理产生影响的方法。
So just to quickly finish off this episode, I wanna go through some ways to counteract the impact of AI on your brain and psychology.
第一,让思考带来一些阻力。
Number one, let thinking cause you friction.
阻力是培养技能的方式,就像不适是增强肌肉的方式。
Friction is what builds skill the way discomfort is what builds muscle.
不要把阻力看作是思考的代价或需要消除的副作用。
Don't think of friction as the cost of thinking or the side effect of thinking that needs to be eliminated.
要把阻力看作是你思考后获得的回报。
Think of it as the reward you get for thinking.
你的大脑从解决问题中获益。
Your brain benefits from problem solving.
它从我们所说的有益的困惑中获益。
It benefits from what we call productive confusion.
有益的困惑是指,虽然当下感觉困难,但却能增强你未来的能力。
Productive confusion is when something feels difficult in the moment, but strengthens your capacity in the future.
科罗拉多州博尔德大学的研究人员在2014年发表了一篇题为《困惑对学习的益处》的精彩文章,实际上验证了这一理论。
There is this tremendous 2014 article by researchers at the University of Boulder, Colorado called literally the benefits of confusion for learning, which basically tested this theory.
他们验证了这样一个观点:那些更困难、包含矛盾和多个信息源冲突的内容,能让我们学到更多。
It tested this theory that things that are harder and contain contradictions and conflicts in multiple sources teach us more.
他们发现,这一观点是正确的。
And what they found was that that is true.
学习中的阻力能促进更深层次的理解和智力发展。
Friction in learning promotes deeper understanding and intelligence.
实践这一点的一种方法是‘30秒规则’。
One way to practice that, the 30 rule.
在你依赖AI之前,在你声称自己是AI、是ChatGPT之前,在你打算问Chat之前,先花三十分钟自己搜索。
Before you commit to AI, before you say I'm an AI this chat GBT, before I'm gonna ask chat, commit to thirty minutes of searching.
听好了,AI永远都在,但这里关乎的是价值观。
Listen, AI will always be there, but this is about values.
你更看重便利,还是更看重深度学习和智力成长?
Do you value convenience, or do you value deep learning and intelligence?
你希望成为一个只能快速完成事情的人,还是一个能独立深入思考的人?
Do you wanna be someone who can only do things quickly, or someone who can engage deeply independently?
这 honestly 取决于你自己。
And it's honestly up to you.
你拥有自由意志,但你必须意识到依赖AI的后果。
You have free will, but you just have to acknowledge the consequences of being AI dependent here.
其次,质疑在特定情况下使用AI是否绝对必要,并思考它实际上能节省多少时间。
Secondly, question whether using AI is absolutely necessary in a specific circumstance and question how much time it's actually going to save.
我认为,我们所有人减少使用AI都会受益。
I think we could all benefit from using AI less.
所以你要谨慎选择使用AI的场景。
So just be selective with what you use it for.
我认为像查天气或回复邮件这样的小任务,你完全可以自己完成。
I think small tasks like knowing the weather or replying to an email, you can probably do that yourself.
事实上,如果你自己做,可能反而更好。
In fact, it's probably a good thing if you do.
许多AI研究人员会告诉你,AI最好的用途不是处理琐碎的任务。
A lot of AI researchers will tell you the best use of AI is not minute tasks.
它也不是用于复杂任务。
It's also not complex tasks.
而是用于那些能减轻认知负担、但仍需人类推理、抽象和思考的流程性任务。
It's process tasks that reduce cognitive load, but still require human reasoning, abstraction, and thought.
比如格式化、结构化、列提纲、搜索这些例子。
So examples of this, formatting, structuring, outlining, searching.
当AI被用于微任务时,可能会导致习得性无助。
When AI is used for microtasks, it risks learned helplessness.
基本上,没有它我什么都做不了。
Basically, I can't do anything without this.
当它被用于复杂决策或大量思考时,会带来权威偏见的风险。
When it's used for complex decisions or large large amounts of thinking, it risks authority bias.
你知道,它说这是事实,所以就一定是真的。
You know, just it said this is the case, so it must be true.
它还让我们失去了很多原创性。
And it also causes us to lose a lot of originality.
你知道,我并不笨,我只是尽量在自己的生活中避免使用AI,因为我的价值观告诉我,我知道我们很多人都会用它。
You know, I'm not stupid as much as I try and avoid AI in my own life, because my values, I know a lot of us will use it.
关键在于有意识地使用它,因为你知道,希望你能意识到其中的代价。
It's about using it consciously because you know, hopefully, what the cost is.
水资源、能源,还有大脑的负担。
The water, the energy, the brain tax.
我认为这引出了我们的第三个建议:限制每天使用它的频率。
And I think this brings us to our third tip, is to limit how often you're allowed to use it per day.
这是我好朋友莉齐的做法。
This is something my good friend, Lizzie does.
显然,她并不想否认AI带来的效率优势,尤其是考虑到她工作的领域。
Obviously, she doesn't wanna deny herself the efficiency benefits of of AI, especially since she works in a I was gonna say where she works.
她在一家要求极高的企业环境中工作,每个人都在使用AI辅助。
She works not gonna she works in a corporate environment that is very demanding, and everyone is assisted by AI.
但她给自己设定了每天仅三次搜索的限制,因为她非常重视保持自己的创造力和独立思考能力。
But what she does is she limits herself to three searches a day because it's a priority for her to keep her creative and original thinking skills sharp.
她把AI当作工具来使用,而这正是它应该被使用的角色。
She uses it as a tool, which is what it should be used as.
找到适合你的使用方式即可。
Just find the formula that works for you.
第四点建议:注意AI何时正在取代人类信息来源。
Tip number four, notice when it's replacing human sources as well.
我当然不会否认AI在某些方面非常出色。
Again, I'm not gonna deny that AI isn't amazing for some things.
AI绝对不擅长的是给你个人建议、情感建议或心理治疗建议。
What it's definitely not amazing for is giving you personal advice, relationship advice, therapy advice.
当它告诉你如何回复别人的短信,当它告诉你如何与他人沟通时,这绝不是我们应该使用AI的方式。
When it's telling you how to answer someone's text, when it's telling you how to communicate with another person, that is not how we should be using AI.
我认为能够自己解决彼此之间的问题,能够沟通、敞开心扉并相互学习,这件事是神圣的。
That is something that I think is sacred.
一旦这种能力被机器取代,我就觉得一切都完了,因为同理心被我们视为如此不重要,以至于可以被外包出去。
Being able to solve problems between us, being able to communicate and be open and learn from each other, The moment that is replaced by a machine, like, I just think all help is lost because empathy is then empathy is then something that we are saying is so unimportant it can be offloaded.
所以,这些就是我认为我们需要用来保持对AI清醒认知的建议。
So those are the tips I think we need to kind of stay grounded in AI.
也要允许自己感到无聊。
Also, let yourself be bored.
允许自己发挥创造力。
Let yourself be creative.
确保你仍在持续接触那些让你感受到人性的东西。
Make sure that you are continuing to tap into what makes you feel human.
我认为这会让我们感觉更积极。
I think that will just make us feel more positive.
这会让我们对自己以及我们作为有生命、有感知力的人类这一事实感到更积极。
It will make us feel more positive about ourselves and about the fact that we are alive and sentient and human.
而且,这还能让我们持续培养那些只依赖AI的人所不具备的技能。
And also, it will allow us to keep building skills that people who only use AI won't have.
我认为这会给你带来优势,在一个以AI为中心的世界里,这种优势将变得越来越重要。
And I think that gives you an edge that it's gonna become even more important in a very AI centric world.
富有创造力、具备发散性思维、视野开阔、特立独行,这些将成为AI时代最重要的新技能。
Being creative, being a divergent thinker, thinking broadly, being eccentric, that is gonna be the next biggest skill in an AI world.
所以,如果你拥有这些能力,我真心觉得你的未来会很光明。
So if you've got those, I honestly, I feel positive for your future.
我觉得你会过得很好。
I think you're gonna be just fine.
一如既往,感谢我们的研究员莉比·科尔伯特为本集提供的帮助。
Thank you as always to our researcher, Libby Colbert, for her help with this episode.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。