The Psychology of your 20s - 393. 斯多葛主义的心理学 封面

393. 斯多葛主义的心理学

393. The psychology of stoicism

本集简介

如果你听到有人被描述为“坚忍”,你可能会想象他们情感冷漠、压抑,强忍情绪。但斯多葛主义面临着公关问题。事实上,斯多葛主义能教会我们很多关于放下结果、更宽容地对待他人,以及如何过上更充实生活的道理。在本集中,我们将剖析这一古老哲学的核心支柱,了解它如何影响从世界领袖到慢性疼痛患者,以及探索如何将其应用于我们的日常生活中。 我们探讨: • 斯多葛主义的古老起源 • 为什么今天人们转向斯多葛主义 • 斯多葛主义的四大美德——智慧、正义、勇气与节制 • 为什么斯多葛心态在科学上影响疼痛治疗、姑息护理等领域 • 为什么在二十多岁时采纳斯多葛心态可能是最具力量的选择 立即收听或在Netflix上观看! 订购我的书籍:https://www.psychologyofyour20s.com/copy-of-book 关注Jemma的Instagram:@jemmasbeg 关注播客的Instagram:@thatpsychologypodcast 商务合作:psychologyofyour20s@gmail.com 《你的二十多岁心理学》不能替代专业的心理健康帮助。如果你正经历困扰、痛苦或需要个性化建议,请联系你的医生或持证心理医生。 查看 omnystudio.com/listener 获取隐私信息。

双语字幕

仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。

Speaker 0

如果心灵控制是真实的呢?

What if mind control is real?

Speaker 1

如果你能控制周围任何人的行为

If you could control the behavior

Speaker 2

你会过上怎样的生活?

of anybody around you, what kind of life would you have?

Speaker 0

你能通过催眠说服某人买一辆车吗?

Can you hypnotically persuade someone to buy a car?

Speaker 3

当你看着你的车时,你会被一种极好的感觉淹没。

When you look at your car, you're gonna become overwhelmed with such good feelings.

Speaker 0

你能催眠某人和你发生关系吗?

Can you hypnotize someone into sleeping with you?

Speaker 4

我给了她一些建议,让她产生性冲动。

I gave her some suggestions to be sexually aroused.

Speaker 0

你能让人加入你的邪教吗?

Can you get someone to join your cult?

Speaker 5

NLP被用来接触我的潜意识。

NLP was used on me to access my subconscious.

Speaker 0

《心灵游戏》是一档新播客,探索NLP,即神经语言程序设计。

Mind Games, a new podcast exploring NLP, aka, neurolinguistic programming.

Speaker 0

它是一种自助奇迹,还是一个可疑的催眠骗局,或者两者兼有?

Is it a self help miracle, a shady hypnosis scam, or both?

Speaker 0

在iHeartRadio应用、Apple播客或您收听播客的任何平台收听《心灵游戏》。

Listen to Mind Games on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.

Speaker 6

嘿。

Hey.

Speaker 6

我是韦尔斯·亚当斯,来自《信仰之命》播客,与我的同道兼联合主持人塔玛拉·朱迪和多洛雷斯·卡塔尼亚一起。

This is Wells Adams with By Order of the Faithfuls Podcast alongside my fellow faithfuls and cohosts Tamara Judge and Dolores Catania.

Speaker 6

我们三个人一直在观看《交易者》这一季,并且已经深入过那座城堡。

The three of us have been watching this season of the traders, and we've been inside that castle.

Speaker 6

因此,我们拥有许多其他人不具备的洞察力。

So we have insight unlike many others.

Speaker 6

这一季的《交易者》可能是我们看过的最棒的一季。

This season of the traders may be the best we've ever seen.

Speaker 6

在全美排名第一的播客网络iHeart收听《以信仰之名》。

Listen to by order of the faithfuls on America's number one podcast network iHeart.

Speaker 6

关注《以信仰之名》,今天就开始在免费的iHeartRadio应用上收听吧。

Follow by order of the faithfuls and start listening on the free iHeartRadio app today.

Speaker 7

大家好。

Hello, everybody.

Speaker 7

我是杰玛·斯派克,欢迎回到《二十岁的心理学》,这档播客我们将探讨二十岁阶段最重要的变化、时刻与转折,以及它们对我们的心理意味着什么。

I'm Jemma Spike, and welcome back to the psychology of your twenties, the podcast where we talk through the biggest changes, moments, and transitions of our twenties and what they mean for our psychology.

Speaker 7

大家好。

Hello, everybody.

Speaker 7

欢迎回到节目。

Welcome back to the show.

Speaker 7

欢迎回到播客。

Welcome back to the podcast.

Speaker 7

很高兴你能再次回来,继续和我们一起剖析二十多岁的心理历程。

It is so great to have you here back for another episode as we, of course, break down the psychology of our twenties.

Speaker 7

今天我们要讨论的是一种古老的哲学,它通常让人联想到压抑情绪、假装不在乎、在艰难时刻默默硬撑,不流露任何痛苦或情感,也就是那种硬汉形象、坚忍不拔的态度。

Today, we are talking about an ancient philosophy which I think normally conjures up an image of bottling up your emotions, pretending not to care, pushing through the hard times with no signs of suffering, no signs of emotion, you know, rugged man, a stiff upper lip.

Speaker 7

当然,这正是我们大多数人所理解的斯多葛哲学。

That is, of course, the philosophy of stoicism as many of us think we know it.

Speaker 7

正如你将在本集中发现的那样,斯多葛主义存在一定的公众形象问题。

As you will come to discover in this episode, stoicism has a bit of a PR problem.

Speaker 7

它并不仅仅是压抑负面情绪、默默承受痛苦。

It is not all about suppressing negative emotions and suffering in silence.

Speaker 7

事实上,它是我们二十多岁时能培养的最具力量感的心态之一,因为它能真正帮助我们应对这个十年将带来的混乱与变化。

It is actually one of the most empowering mindsets that we can develop in our twenties because of how it really helps us just ride the waves of chaos and of change that this decade is going to bring us.

Speaker 7

我个人觉得,我的二十多岁几乎都在试图掌控一切,让一切都完美无缺,让一切都如我所想象的那样。

I personally feel like so much of my twenties has involved me trying to control everything, and make everything perfect, and make everything just as I imagined it.

Speaker 7

如果你也有同感,那这集节目就是为你准备的。

If you can relate, I feel like this is the episode for you.

Speaker 7

因为斯多葛主义本质上说的是:别硬来了。

Because stoicism basically says, stop forcing it.

Speaker 7

别试图改变那些你无法改变的事情。

Stop trying to change the things you cannot change.

Speaker 7

这种拥有三千年历史的哲学强调的是,掌控我们能控制的东西。

This 3,000 year old philosophy is all about instead mastering what we can control.

Speaker 7

我们可以控制自己对世界的反应。

We can control our response to the world.

Speaker 7

我们可以控制自己的行为、态度和自律。

We can control our actions, our attitude, our self control.

Speaker 7

所以今天,我们来聊聊这个。

So today, let's talk about it.

Speaker 7

让我们梳理一下哪些是我们能控制的,哪些是不能控制的,斯多葛主义的四大美德——智慧、正义、勇气和节制,以及你我该如何在二十多岁及以后应用它们,以获得更平和、更专注的生活。

Let's break down what we can control, what we can't, the four cardinal virtues of stoicism, that being wisdom, justice, courage, temperance, and how exactly you and I can apply them in our twenties and beyond for a more peaceful centered life.

Speaker 7

我还想谈谈心理学和神经科学的研究,看看斯多葛主义对我们大脑的影响。

I also wanna talk about, of course, the psychology studies, the neuroscience studies, looking at what stoicism does to our brains.

Speaker 7

你知道吗,这是最具精神回报力和最强大的思维方式之一。

You know, it is one of the most mentally rewarding and powerful ways of thinking out there.

Speaker 7

它真的能改变你大脑的结构。

It can literally change what your brain looks like.

Speaker 7

我认为许多现代的解读并没有充分涵盖这一点,也没有让我们真正看到这一点。

And I think a lot of modern interpretations don't necessarily cover that, and don't necessarily let us see that.

Speaker 7

所以我对这一集感到非常兴奋。

So I'm so excited for this episode.

Speaker 7

闲话少说,让我们深入探讨斯多葛主义的心理学。

Without further ado, let's get into the psychology of stoicism.

Speaker 7

让我们先从一个与我们通常关注的心理学不同的角度开始。

Let's begin with something actually separate to the psychology we normally focus on.

Speaker 7

让我们谈谈斯多葛主义的历史。

Let's talk about the history of stoicism.

Speaker 7

斯多葛主义这一哲学最早出现在所谓的希腊化时期。

So the philosophy of stoicism, it first appeared during what is called the Hellenistic period.

Speaker 7

那大约是公元前400到300年左右。

That's around like 400, 300 BC.

Speaker 7

它是由一位名叫锡安的芝诺的人创立的。

And it was created by this man called Zeno of Citium.

Speaker 7

芝诺,芝诺。

Zeno Zeno.

Speaker 7

不太确定,但我们就用芝诺吧。

Not too sure, but let's go with Zeno.

Speaker 7

锡安的芝诺,他是个非常富有的有钱人。

Zeno of Citium, and he was a very wealthy rich man.

Speaker 7

他奇迹般地从一场海难中幸存下来。

And he miraculously survived this shipwreck.

Speaker 7

海难之后,他回到了雅典。

And then after the shipwreck, he came back to Athens.

Speaker 7

在雅典期间,他因这次近乎死亡的经历而感到非常顿悟。

Whilst he was there, he was feeling very enlightened by this near death experience.

Speaker 7

还有点无聊。

Also a little bit bored.

Speaker 7

于是他走进一家书店,找到了一位名叫苏格拉底的著名哲学家的著作,你可能听说过他。

So he went into a bookshop, and he found the writings of a very famous philosopher called Socrates, who you may probably have heard of.

Speaker 7

他被这些文字深深吸引,印象深刻,以至于几乎与所有这些哲学家成了朋友。

And he was so enthralled by this writing, so impressed that he basically became friends with all these philosophers.

Speaker 7

他想一直和他们待在一起。

He wanted to be around them all the time.

Speaker 7

他决定要成为一名哲学家。

He decided he was gonna become a philosopher.

Speaker 7

他改变了。

He changed.

Speaker 7

他做了一次小小的事业转型,非常符合他的风格。

He had a little career change, very 20 of him.

Speaker 7

他开始大量思考生命、死亡以及其他各种事情。

And he started thinking a lot about life, and about death, and about all these other things.

Speaker 7

通过这一点,他构建了斯多葛主义,这种思想吸引了大量追随者。

And through that, he constructed stoicism, which developed a very large following.

Speaker 7

有趣的是,‘斯多葛主义’这个名字实际上源自‘stoa poikile’,意思是‘彩绘门廊’,我想是希腊语。

Fun fact, the name stoicism actually comes from stoa pokoli, which is painted porch, I think in Greek.

Speaker 7

他和他的弟子们常坐在这个门廊下讨论生活,因此‘斯多葛主义’这个名字由此而来。

And him and his disciples used to sit on this porch and talk about life and that's where the name stoicism came from.

Speaker 7

非常非常富有诗意。

Very very whimsical.

Speaker 7

因此,这种哲学的核心信念是,我们周围的一切都遵循着因果关系的网络。

So at the heart of this philosophy is the belief that everything around us operates according to a web of cause and effect.

Speaker 7

这导致了斯多葛派所称的宇宙理性结构——逻各斯。

And that results in the rational structure of the universe that the stoics called logos.

Speaker 7

在这个宇宙结构中,斯多葛主义的核心信念是:世界必须如其本然地去应对。

Within this universal structure is the core stoic belief that the world just has to be dealt with as it is.

Speaker 7

与其试图彻底改变它,不如抱有一种深刻的接纳态度。

Instead of trying to drastically change it, there is a real deep sense of acceptance.

Speaker 7

一位特别有影响力的斯多葛学派人物名叫爱比克泰德,他有一句非常著名的名言,大意是:我们所承受的痛苦,并非来自生活中实际发生的事情,而是来自我们对这些事情的解读。

One particularly influential stoic, his name was Epictetus, he has a very famous quote about this where he basically says, we don't suffer from what is actually happening in our lives, we suffer because of how we interpret what is happening in our lives.

Speaker 7

简而言之,正是我们对发生之事的评判,才让我们感到痛苦。

Basically, is our judgment of things that are happening that makes us suffer.

Speaker 7

而我们可以改变这种评判。

And we can change that judgment.

Speaker 7

我们可以改变这种解读,从而减少痛苦。

We can change that interpretation so that we suffer less.

Speaker 7

因此,斯多葛学派认为,我们只能控制自己的行为和自我认知,即我们行事的方式。

In this way, stoicism basically says, we can only control our own behavior and our own sense of self, our own way of acting.

Speaker 7

如果你要选择一种行事方式,就应当力求仁慈、宽容,并成为一个自律的人。

And if you're going to choose a way of acting, you should aim to be kind, you should aim to be tolerant, you should aim to be a self controlled individual.

Speaker 7

这些是最受推崇的品质,通过它们,你能获得极大的平静与清晰。

Those are the most prized attributes of all, and through that you gain a lot of peace and clarity.

Speaker 7

要成为这样的人,你必须平衡我们之前提到的四大核心品质。

To be that kind of person, you have to balance these four core attributes that we spoke about before.

Speaker 7

所以是智慧、勇气、正义和节制。

So wisdom, courage, justice, and temperance.

Speaker 7

智慧,这在斯多葛主义中至关重要,这些是你真正应该具备的四种品质。

Wisdom, and this is very core to stoicism, these are like the four things that you really should be.

Speaker 7

智慧是辨别什么是好的、坏的、中性的能力,同时也能质疑和探索世界事物的本质。

Wisdom is the ability to see what is good, bad, neutral, and to be able to question things as well and explore how things are in the world.

Speaker 7

勇气是面对困难并能接受不适的能力。

Courage is the ability to face hard things and to be okay with discomfort.

Speaker 7

它是能够接受生活有时就是痛苦的能力。

It's the ability to be okay that life is sometimes suffering.

Speaker 7

正义是善良、公正、成为强大的善的力量的能力。

Justice is the ability to be kind, to be fair, to be a powerful good.

Speaker 7

节制基本上意味着自我控制。

And temperance basically means self control.

Speaker 7

不向这个世界索取或渴望过多的东西,无论是成功、认可、金钱、赞美,还是物质,诸如此类。

Not asking or wanting for too much of anything in the world, whether that's success, validation, money, praise, substances, that sort of thing.

Speaker 7

这应该是你的重点。

That should be your focus.

Speaker 7

如果你专注于成为一个好人并掌握这四个方面,你就能改变自己对世界的解读方式,让世界对你显得更积极。

If you focus on being a good person and mastering those four things, you can change how you interpret the world so that the world feels more positive towards you.

Speaker 7

这可能会让我们以为斯多葛主义只关乎个人内心的平静,别无其他。

This may make us believe that stoicism is all about personal peace and nothing else.

Speaker 7

但实际上,它并没有你想象的那么自私,也没有你可能认为的那样对他人生活漠不关心。

And it's actually not as self centered as you think, and it's not as passive about the lives of others as you may think.

Speaker 7

它基本上只是说,光想着世界有多糟糕,并不能改变世界,除非你努力成为一个好人。

It basically just says, thinking about how terrible the world is isn't gonna change the world unless you work on being a good person.

Speaker 7

成为一个好的斯多葛主义者、一个好人,会惠及他人,因为只有那些培养了深厚内在生活与德性的人,才能带来积极的改变,才能清晰地看待世界,并采取行动去修复真正需要解决的问题。

Being a good stoic, being a good person benefits others because it's only those of us who have cultivated this great internal life and this internal life of virtue who can bring about positive change and who can see the world clearly and act on what really does need fixing.

Speaker 7

而这才是最重要的目标。

And that is like the biggest goal.

Speaker 7

再给你引用另一位非常著名的斯多葛主义者马可·奥勒留的话。

To give you another quote from another very famous, I guess stoic, Marcus Aurelius.

Speaker 7

他基本上说,别再浪费时间争论世界是否美好了。

Basically, he said, you know, stop wasting time arguing about whether the world is good.

Speaker 7

只需证明世界是美好的。

Just prove that the world is good.

Speaker 7

我真的认为,在当今时代,这是一种最强大的哲学之一。

And I genuinely think that is one of the most powerful philosophies that we can have in this day and age.

Speaker 7

尤其是对我而言,我觉得这引起了强烈的共鸣。

Especially like for me, I feel like that resonates so much.

Speaker 7

我从中获得了极大的平静、意义和力量,我想。

I find so much peace and meaning and power, I guess.

Speaker 7

用‘力量’这个词对吗?

Is that the right word?

Speaker 7

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 7

力量。

Power.

Speaker 7

只是明白我无法改变他人的行为。

Just knowing that I cannot change how others behave.

Speaker 7

我无法强迫他们去做或成为我想让他们成为的那种人。

I cannot make them do or be the kind of people that I want to be.

Speaker 7

我只能以身作则,成为那样的人。

I just have to be that person as an example.

Speaker 7

所以,尽管斯多葛主义有着非常古老的起源,但它却是那种历经无数时代和人性变迁仍能幸存下来的哲学之一。

So although stoicism has a very ancient origin, it is one of those philosophies that has survived so many versions of the world, so many versions of of humanity.

Speaker 7

那么,今天它处于什么状态呢?

So where are we at with it today?

Speaker 7

并不意外。

Not a surprise.

Speaker 7

斯多葛主义正经历一个小高峰。

Stoicism is having a bit of a moment.

Speaker 7

我最近看到很多关于它的视频。

I've been seeing a lot of videos about it.

Speaker 7

我看到了很多关于它的内容。

I've been seeing a lot of content about it.

Speaker 7

我觉得有几个原因。

I think there are a few reasons.

Speaker 7

首先,我认为我们在新冠疫情期间看到的斯多葛主义作为指导心理和哲学的显著增长,是主要原因。

Firstly, I think the major spike we saw in like, the uptick of stoicism as a guiding psychology and philosophy happened during the COVID nineteen pandemic.

Speaker 7

还有哪里呢?

Where else?

Speaker 7

那时我们能控制的事情太少,而隔离又如此普遍,因此人们自然会寻求一种解决方案。

There was so little that we could control, and there was so much isolation, and so people naturally are turning to a solution.

Speaker 7

当人们无法控制任何事情时,一种宣称‘这没关系’的哲学自然会极具吸引力。

And when they can't control anything, obviously, a philosophy that says that's okay is gonna be pretty alluring.

Speaker 7

这里有一个有趣的事实。

Here is an interesting fact.

Speaker 7

在封锁期间,也就是疫情期间,全球最大的出版商之一企鹅出版社表示,他们出版的关于斯多葛主义的书籍是当时最畅销的书籍之一。

During the lockdowns, during the pandemic, Penguin, one of the world's biggest publishers, basically said that their books about stoicism were one of the most the best selling books out there.

Speaker 7

其中一些书籍的销量比往年增长了42%,在某些情况下甚至飙升了356%,增幅高达数百个百分点。

Sales of some of their texts rose by 42%, 356% in some cases, like hundreds of percentages of of increases from previous years.

Speaker 7

人们纷纷踏上了斯多葛主义的列车。

People were really getting on the stoicism train.

Speaker 7

当你想到我们所生活的这个动荡不安、常常令人恐惧的世界——充满着作恶的强权领袖、气候灾难,以及种族灭绝、战争和苦难的影像时,我们就能真正理解为什么大多数人别无选择。

And when you think about the turbulent, often terrifying world we live in, that is full of powerful leaders doing terrible things, and a climate catastrophe, and images of genocide, war, and suffering, I think we can really see why most people aren't going any other way.

Speaker 7

我们开始明白,这种对意义的追寻究竟从何而来。

And we begin to understand just where this search for meaning is really coming from.

Speaker 7

最近,你很可能已经接触到一种非常熟悉且广为人知的斯多葛主义版本,那就是梅尔·罗宾斯的‘随他去’理论。

More recently, you have probably encountered a very familiar and now very famous version of stoicism, which is the Mel Robbins Let Them Theory.

Speaker 7

谁没听说过这本书呢?

Who hasn't heard about this book?

Speaker 7

它已经经历了病毒式传播的时刻。

It has had its viral moment.

Speaker 7

关键是,这本质上是对一些最基础的斯多葛原则的现代实用应用。

And the thing is, it is basically a modern practical application of some very rudimentary versions of stoic principles.

Speaker 7

它强调关注你能控制的事情,保护自己的内心平静,不去纠结于你无法控制的部分。

It emphasizes focusing on what you can control, protecting your peace, not focusing on what you can't control.

Speaker 7

如果你还没读过《随它吧》这本书,简单来说,它说的是:让人保持本来的样子,然后从那里出发。

If you haven't read the let them theory, if you haven't read the book, basically it says, let people be who they are and then move from there.

Speaker 7

它很好地突出了斯多葛学派著名的控制二分法。

It really highlights like the dichotomy of control that stoicism is very famous for.

Speaker 7

你必须能够做出这种区分。

You have to be able to make that distinction.

Speaker 7

在这种情况下,我能改变什么?

What can I change in a situation?

Speaker 7

而什么又是我会让自己痛苦、甚至毁掉自己却依然试图改变的?

And what am I just gonna pain myself and destroy myself trying to change?

Speaker 7

比如他人的想法、他人的行为、他人的性格。

That being other people's thoughts, other people's actions, other people's personalities.

Speaker 7

你做不到。

You can't.

Speaker 7

你改变不了这一点。

You can't change that.

Speaker 7

所以专注于你能改变的部分。

So focus on what you can.

Speaker 7

事实上,‘随他们去’理论在很多方面都是斯多葛派关于控制二分法原则的直接应用。

And it is You know, the let them theory is a direct application in many ways of those stoic principles about the dichotomy of control.

Speaker 7

斯多葛主义还非常强调彻底接受。

Stoicism also really emphasizes radical acceptance.

Speaker 7

对吧?

Right?

Speaker 7

这和‘随他们去’理论非常相似。

And that's very similar to the let them theory.

Speaker 7

你知道,梅尔·罗宾斯经常谈到,彻底接受是最高形式的自我关爱之一。

You know, Mel Robbins really talks about how radical acceptance is like one of the highest forms of self love.

Speaker 7

允许自己不去试图控制他人,只关注自己的舒适,允许自己在他人的不安中保持不安,这是一种力量。

And letting yourself giving yourself permission to not try and control others and just focus on your own comfort and let let yourself, I guess, be uncomfortable in their discomfort is is power.

Speaker 7

你最有可能最近接触到斯多葛主义的地方就在这里。

That's where you've most likely, most recently encountered stoicism.

Speaker 7

不过,古代的斯多葛主义比这要复杂一些。

Ancient stoicism is a little bit more complex than this, though.

Speaker 7

我觉得这是一种非常有趣、非常基础的版本。

I think that's a very fun, very rudimentary version of it.

Speaker 7

它非常强大。

It's very powerful.

Speaker 7

但如果你想更深入地了解古代斯多葛主义,你就必须真正理解那些核心美德并加以修炼。

But if you wanna go even deeper into stoicism in its ancient form, you have to really understand, again, those core virtues and work on them.

Speaker 7

你还必须了解斯多葛主义的三大支柱,而我们在这集里可能还一次都没提到过。

And you also have to understand the three pillars of stoicism that I don't think we've even mentioned once yet in this episode.

Speaker 7

除了我们讨论过的四种美德之外,斯多葛主义的三大支柱是伦理、逻辑和物理。

The three pillars of stoicism beyond those four virtues we've spoken about are ethics, logic, and physics.

Speaker 7

它们是相互依存的,因此无法独立存在。

And they're interdependent, so they cannot exist without the other.

Speaker 7

有时学者会将斯多葛主义的这些方面比喻为一个果园。

Sometimes scholars arrange these aspects of stoicism in the form of an orchard.

Speaker 7

比如,逻辑是围栏,物理是树木,伦理是果实。

So like, logic is the enclosing wall, physics is the trees, ethics is the fruit.

Speaker 7

你需要所有这些部分,才能最终收获成果。

You need all of them to basically, like, bear the harvest.

Speaker 7

果园的围栏这一部分是第一个支柱,也就是逻辑。

So the enclosing kind of wall of the orchard is the first pillar, and that is logic.

Speaker 7

通过逻辑,斯多葛主义者追求知觉的自律。

Using logic, stoics aim for discipline of perception.

Speaker 7

他们力求能够区分真实的感知和错误的判断。

They aim to be able to distinguish between true perceptions and false judgments.

Speaker 7

你可以看到,这正是一个反复出现的主题。

You can see this is a theme that is coming up a lot.

Speaker 7

简而言之,如果你不能摆脱对存在客观现实的偏见,你就无法拥有美好的生活,也无法获得幸福。

So basically, you cannot have a good life, you cannot be happy if you cannot remove your biases from the objective reality of existence.

Speaker 7

你需要分清自己的假设与客观事实之间的区别。

You need to know the difference between your assumptions and the objective truth.

Speaker 7

否则,你总是会在逻辑上失败。

Otherwise, you are always going to fail in logic.

Speaker 7

你总会为此而挣扎。

You're always going to struggle with that.

Speaker 7

因此,我们可以通过培养良好的推理能力、判断力,真正批判性地审视自己的偏见和什么是真实的,来应用这一点。

So we can apply this by basically having a good sense of reasoning, having a good sense of judgment, really being critical as well of our own biases and being critical of what is true.

Speaker 7

让我们以这样的例子为例:有人侮辱了你,说了些让你不开心的话。

So let's take the example of like, you know, somebody has insulted you, somebody has said something that's upset you.

Speaker 7

你的第一反应很可能是愤怒。

Your first reaction is probably gonna be anger.

Speaker 7

斯多葛学派会说,我们常常反应过快,因为我们没有运用正确的逻辑。

And stoics would say that we all often react too quickly because we're not using sound logic.

Speaker 7

我们在面对情境时,没有运用恰当的判断。

We're not using appropriate judgment when approaching a situation.

Speaker 7

带着愤怒行动可能会而且一定会破坏获得良好结果、理性结果或对你更有利结果的可能性。

Acting with anger would probably and will undermine the possibility of a good outcome, of a rational outcome, of a better outcome for yourself.

Speaker 7

这只会让情况更糟。

It's gonna make it worse.

Speaker 7

这可能会破坏一段关系。

It's maybe gonna ruin a relationship.

Speaker 7

这可能会进一步激怒他人。

It's maybe going to upset people further.

Speaker 7

因此,选择你的第一反应、选择你的第一判断,实际上是在追求一种非理性的糟糕结果,因为你没有运用逻辑。

So choosing your first reaction, choosing your first judgment is actually pursuing an irrationally bad outcome because you are not applying logic.

Speaker 7

在对这种 perceived 的侮辱感到愤怒之前,斯多葛学派会建议你思考一下,这个人是否真的有意说出伤人的话。

Before you react in anger to this perceived insult, a stoic would suggest that you just consider if this person actually meant what they said to be unkind.

Speaker 7

你要考虑其他方面,或者更客观的现实情况。

You consider other aspects or the the more objective reality of the situation.

Speaker 7

他们过去有没有对你说过类似的话?

Do they have a history of saying things like this to you?

Speaker 7

这会不会只是一次偶然的、特别奇怪的行为?

Is this kind of just a one off that's really weird?

Speaker 7

他们有什么动机吗?

Do they have a motive?

Speaker 7

他们是个刻薄的人吗?

Are they a mean person?

Speaker 7

你是不是真的做了什么让他们不高兴的事?

Have you actually done something that's upset them?

Speaker 7

再给自己多一点时间。

Take it this extra moment.

Speaker 7

专注于你的理性思考。

Hone in on your logic.

Speaker 7

探索另一种解释。

Explore another explanation.

Speaker 7

即使假设他们确实有意说了那些刻薄糟糕的话。

Say as well, they did mean that mean terrible thing that they that they said to you.

Speaker 7

从逻辑上讲,斯多葛学派会说,对这种判断投入精力到底能帮你什么?

Logically, stoicism would say, what would investing in that judgment actually help you with?

Speaker 7

在意这件事会让你的生活变得更好还是更糟?

Will caring about this make your life better or worse?

Speaker 7

我最喜欢的一句斯多葛格言是:有人鄙视我,那是他们的问题。

One of my favorite quotes again from stoicism to live by is like, someone despises me, that is their problem.

Speaker 7

那又怎样?

So what?

Speaker 7

你觉得成为恶意想法的受害者很糟糕吗?

Like, you think being the victim of a mean thought is bad?

Speaker 7

想象一下,每天都要自己产生这些恶意的想法是什么感觉。

Imagine being the one to think those mean thoughts every single day.

Speaker 7

想象一下,活在那个人的头脑里。

Imagine being in that person's mind.

Speaker 7

那样的内心环境,一定非常悲惨。

Like, that would be such a sad environment to live in.

Speaker 7

这真的是一种巨大的浪费。

And it's honestly such a waste.

Speaker 7

你活着的时间有限,却把它们花在了别人身上。

You have only so many minutes alive and you're spending them on somebody else.

Speaker 7

那就是那个人正在过的生活。

That's the life that that person is living.

Speaker 7

他们把本可以属于自己的每一分钟,都花在了你身上。

They're spending all those minutes that they could have for themselves on you.

Speaker 7

老实说,我认为从逻辑上讲,你才是这种情况下的赢家。

And honestly, I think that makes you the winner in this situation, to be honest, based on logic.

Speaker 7

你唯一需要关注的,就是不要以恶报恶,不要做配得上那些刻薄言语的事,然后继续过好自己的生活。

Your only concern should be not doing anything terrible back, not doing anything that is deserving of those cruel words, and then moving on with your life.

Speaker 7

更清晰地看待事物,更好地掌控自己的反应和世界上真正发生的事情,是斯多葛哲学的核心部分。

Seeing things more clearly, having a better take over your reactions and what is actually happening in the world is a really core part of the stoic philosophy.

Speaker 7

它是果园的围墙,因为如果没有理性,你就无法参与另外两大支柱——自然学和伦理学。

And it is the enclosing wall of the orchard because without reasoning, like, you cannot engage in these two other pillars, is physics and ethics.

Speaker 7

好的。

Okay.

Speaker 7

在进入这些支柱之前,我们先休息一下,我保证它们并不复杂,也不太学术或哲学化。

We are gonna take a short break here before we get into those pillars because I promise they're not too complicated, they're not too academic or philosophical.

Speaker 7

但是,是的。

But, yeah.

Speaker 7

也许我们可以去喝杯茶。

Maybe we can go have a cup of tea.

Speaker 7

也许我们可以稍微休息一下,暂时远离这个哲学含量很高的节目。

Maybe we can go take a little break from, like, the philosophy heavy episode.

Speaker 7

请继续关注我们。

Stick with us.

Speaker 7

短暂休息后,我们马上回来。

We'll be right back after this short break.

Speaker 8

如果思想控制是真实的呢?

What if mind control is real?

Speaker 1

如果你能控制他人的行为

If you could control the behavior

Speaker 2

你会希望自己的妻子是什么样的?

of anybody around you, what kind of wife would you have?

Speaker 8

你能通过催眠说服某人买一辆车吗?

Can you hypnotically persuade someone to buy a car?

Speaker 3

当你看着你的车时,你会被一种极好的感觉淹没。

When you look at your car, you're gonna become overwhelmed with such good feelings.

Speaker 8

你能催眠某人和你发生关系吗?

Can you hypnotize someone into sleeping with you?

Speaker 4

我给了她一些建议,让她产生性冲动。

I gave her some suggestions to be sexually aroused.

Speaker 8

你能让人加入你的邪教吗?

Can you get someone to join your cult?

Speaker 5

我曾被使用NLP技术来接触我的潜意识。

NLP was used on me to access my subconscious.

Speaker 8

NLP,即神经语言程序设计,是催眠、语言学和心理学的结合。

NLP, aka neuro linguistic programming, is a blend of hypnosis, linguistics, linguistics, and psychology.

Speaker 8

粉丝们说,这就像终于拿到了大脑的用户手册。

Fans say it's like finally getting a user manual for your brain.

Speaker 4

这是关于意识的工程。

It's about engineering consciousness.

Speaker 8

《心灵游戏》讲述了NLP的故事。

Mind Games is the story of NLP.

Speaker 8

它讲述了一群狂热信徒和一位在新时代公社发明NLP并将其卖给穿西装人士的假医生。

It's crazy cast of Disciples and the fake doctor who invented it at a new age commune and sold it to guys in suits.

Speaker 8

他曾因谋杀受审,但被判无罪。

He stood trial for murder and got acquitted.

Speaker 8

最大的心灵游戏是什么?

The biggest mind game of all?

Speaker 8

NLP可能真的有效。

NLP might actually work.

Speaker 8

在iHeartRadio应用、Apple播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听《思维游戏》。

Listen to mind games on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.

Speaker 6

嘿。

Hey.

Speaker 6

我是韦尔斯·亚当斯,来自《忠诚信徒之命》播客,与我的忠实同伴兼联合主持人塔玛拉·朱迪和多洛雷斯·卡塔尼亚一起主持。

This is Wells Adams with by order of the faithfuls podcast alongside my fellow faithfuls and cohosts, Tamara Judge and Dolores Catania.

Speaker 6

我们三个人一直关注着这一季的《交易员》,我们曾身处那座城堡,因此拥有其他人不具备的洞察力。

The three of us have been watching this season of the traders and we've been inside that castle so we have insight unlike many others.

Speaker 6

这一季的《交易员》可能是我们看过的最精彩的一季。

This season of the traders may be the best we've ever seen.

Speaker 6

在iHeartRadio应用、Apple播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听《忠诚信徒之命》。

Listen to by order of the faithfuls on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.

Speaker 7

在逻辑之后,我们来到第二支柱:物理学。

So after logic, we have the second pillar, physics.

Speaker 7

这并不是你所想的那样。

This is not what what you think it is.

Speaker 7

它基本上指的是对自然以及事物本质的研究。

It basically just refers to the study of of nature and as things are.

Speaker 7

物理学被比作果园中的树木,因为其他一切皆由此衍生。

Physics is described as like the trees in the orchard because it is what everything else basically stems from.

Speaker 7

对吧?

Right?

Speaker 7

斯多葛学派认为宇宙是一个理性的有机体,至今仍相信宇宙由神圣的理性乃至某种更高的逻辑力量所支配。

Stoics really thought that the universe and still believe that the universe is this rational organism that is governed by divine reason and governed by this maybe higher power of of logic.

Speaker 7

理解宇宙受一种外在力量支配,有助于人们获得成为斯多葛主义者所必需的自律、自控和专注力。

Understanding that the universe is governed by an external force helps people achieve the discipline and self control and self focus that is important to be a stoic.

Speaker 7

要知道,外部事件是无法由你控制的。

Knowing that, again, external events are out of their control.

Speaker 7

要知道,唯一能由你掌控的,只有你自己。

Knowing that you are the only thing within your control.

Speaker 7

你只是一个非常渺小的生命。

You are a very small creature.

Speaker 7

你只是一个非常渺小的存在。

You're a very small being.

Speaker 7

你不必为所有发生的事情担忧。

You don't have to be worried about everything that's going on.

Speaker 7

想象一下,你失去了工作,或者目前正在找工作。

Imagine that you lose your job or like, you're you're job hunting at the moment.

Speaker 7

比如我男朋友正在找工作,这太糟糕了。

Like, my boyfriend's job hunting, it's terrible.

Speaker 7

这真的是一段漫长而艰难的过程。

It's really like just such a slog.

Speaker 7

而这可能就是如此。

And this might this is.

Speaker 7

这确实令人压力巨大,令人担忧,也令人沮丧,原因有很多。

It's really stressful and it's really worrying and frustrating for so many reasons.

Speaker 7

但物理学的支柱基本告诉我们:认清你能改变的部分,然后善待自己。

But the pillar of physics basically says, recognise what about this you can change and then give yourself grace.

Speaker 7

你现在能做些什么?

What can you do now?

Speaker 7

你需要对什么负责?

What can you take responsibility for?

Speaker 7

了解宇宙和世界的运行方式后,哪些事情在你的职责范围内?

Knowing the way that the universe and the world is, what is in your remit.

Speaker 7

你知道,你无法改变全球经济,也无法改变竞争的激烈程度,但你可以改变自己的优势,改变自己的方法。

You know, you can't change global economics, you can't change how competitive things are, but you can change your edge, You can change your approach.

Speaker 7

这能帮助你再次放下,更快地向前看。

And this kind of just helps you again let go and move on more quickly.

Speaker 7

最后,是道德。

Finally, ethics.

Speaker 7

最后一个支柱。

The final pillar.

Speaker 7

道德就像是果园里树上的果实。

Ethics is the fruit on the tree in the orchard.

Speaker 7

而伦理学本质上就是斯多葛学派所倡导的那些目标,那些道德上的崇高目标。

And ethics is basically those goals, those moral virtuous goals that the stoics have.

Speaker 7

基本上,就是运用逻辑,运用物理学。

Basically, applying logic, applying physics.

Speaker 7

你打算如何成为一个好人?

How are you going to be a good person?

Speaker 7

你打算如何将我们之前提到的四大德性——智慧、正义、勇气和节制——融入你的生活?

How are you going to imbue those four cardinal virtues that we've mentioned before, wisdom, justice, courage, and temperance, into your life?

Speaker 7

如果你无法实践一种根本性的哲学,那它就没有意义。

You know, there is no point having a grounding philosophy if you cannot practice it.

Speaker 7

这就是为什么果实如此重要。

And that is why the fruit is so essential.

Speaker 7

哲学不是用来仅仅被欣赏的,而是用来实践的。

Philosophy is not meant to be something that is just admired, it's meant to be something that's practiced.

Speaker 7

斯多葛学派以及每个人最终的目标,都是过一种繁荣充实的生活。

And the ultimate aim for stoics and for everybody is to have like a flourishing life.

Speaker 7

尤其是对于斯多葛主义者来说,幸福生活并非通过财富或外部成功获得,而是通过品格实现的。

And especially for the stoics, it's to have a flourishing life that is not achieved through wealth or through external success, but through character.

Speaker 7

所以,这实际上意味着我们之前所说的一切——关于世界如何运行、你对世界事物的掌控——都不重要。

So it basically says everything that we've said about how the world works and your control of things in the world, it doesn't matter.

Speaker 7

你该如何行动,才能让自己最快乐、成为好人,并接受那些无法改变的事情,同时专注于你能掌控的事物?

How should you act so that you are your happiest, and so that you are a good person, and so that you have accepted the things that you can't change, and basically, you are focused on the things that you can.

Speaker 7

这就是为什么我认为斯多葛心态是你二十多岁时最好的心态,我之前已经说过,但我必须再强调这一点。

This is why I think a stoic mindset is the best mindset you can have in your twenties, which I've already said, but I need to really nail down this point.

Speaker 7

我们二十多岁的大部分时间,都在试图强行让事情按照我们设想的方式发生,以为那样才会让我们最快乐。

So much of our twenties is just trying to force things to happen in one specific way according to what we think would make us the happiest.

Speaker 7

我一定要在这个年纪遇到我的真命天子。

I'm gonna meet the love of my life at this age.

Speaker 7

然后我会在这个时候搬去另一个城市。

Then we're gonna move cities at this time.

Speaker 7

到27、28岁的时候,我就能拥有理想的工作、理想的生活,一切都会如我所愿地实现。

And then by 27, 28, I'll have my dream job, my dream life, and it's all gonna work out exactly as I want.

Speaker 7

但事情并不总由你掌控。

But it's not always up to you.

Speaker 7

说实话,大部分都是运气使然,这真的很让人沮丧。

Honestly, most of it is just luck, and that really sucks.

Speaker 7

但我发现,那些最享受二十多岁生活的人,都深深顺应着宇宙的潮流,他们几乎不在乎最终会去哪里,因为他们知道,只要自己善良、努力,就一定会抵达某个精彩的地方。

But the people who I found enjoy their twenties the most just lean so deeply into the flow of the universe that they don't They almost don't care where they end up because they know that if they're kind and they know that if they work hard, they're gonna end up somewhere amazing.

Speaker 7

我认为,这在很多方面,就是我这短短岁月里幸福的秘诀。

And I think that is just, in many ways, in my many short years, like the secret to happiness.

Speaker 7

这是一种奇特的哲学:不要抓得太紧,因为如果命中注定,它自然会留下。

It's this strange philosophy of not holding on too tight because if it is meant to be, it will stay.

Speaker 7

如果本不属于你,你越是强求,反而会让自己更加痛苦。

And if it's not meant to be, you'll just hurt yourself more trying to force things to be the way that you want them to be.

Speaker 7

而且,你并不总是能知道什么才是最好的结果。

When also, you don't always know what's gonna be the best outcome.

Speaker 7

事实上,你根本不知道什么才会让你最幸福。

Like, you actually don't know what's gonna make you happiest.

Speaker 7

你只需为任何结果做好准备,接受现实,并知道你可以在其中创造幸福。

You just have to be prepared for any outcome and make do with what that is, and know that you can make happiness within that.

Speaker 7

好的。

Okay.

Speaker 7

这就引出了本集的一个重大问题。

So this brings us to the huge major question of the episode.

Speaker 7

斯多葛主义对我们大脑和心理实际有何影响?

What impact does stoicism actually have for our brain and on our psychology?

Speaker 7

这些理论听起来可能很不错。

This may all sound really nice in theory.

Speaker 7

但它真的有帮助吗?

Does it actually help?

Speaker 7

这基本上就是我们想讨论的内容。

Is basically what we wanna talk about.

Speaker 7

简短的回答是:1000%,确实有帮助。

And the short answer is 1000%, yes, it does.

Speaker 7

事实上,最新研究表明,真正的斯多葛主义——不是那种压抑情绪的类型——能更好地预测幸福感、更强的快乐感以及更佳的人际关系。

In fact, new research shows that authentic stoicisms, not like the suppress your emotions type, predicts much better well-being, a much greater sense of happiness, better friendships.

Speaker 7

我们之所以知道这一点,是因为有一项关于斯多葛主义研究的最大型成果,称为‘斯多葛态度与行为量表’。

And we know this from one of the biggest bodies of work done on stoicism research called the stoic's attitude and behaviours scale.

Speaker 7

有一位非常著名的哲学家和心理治疗师,名叫蒂姆·拉班,他是创建这一量表的主要研究者。

So there's this very famous philosopher and psychotherapist, his name is Tim Laban, and he was was is the lead researcher in creating this scale.

Speaker 7

这个量表主要识别出斯多葛主义的七个维度,以及它们与幸福感的关系。

And this scale basically identifies seven dimensions of stoicism and how they relate to happiness.

Speaker 7

它让受试者进行自我报告。

So it gets people to self report.

Speaker 7

它会向人们提出一系列问题,这些问题表面上看似普通,实则巧妙地针对这些特质。

It asks people a bunch of questions that are kind of like thinly veiled at targeting these things.

Speaker 7

比如美德、正念、仁爱等。

Things like virtue, things like mindfulness, benevolence.

Speaker 7

然后它会分析这些人的生活状况如何。

And then it looks at how their life is turning out.

Speaker 7

他们是个快乐的人吗?

Are they a happy person?

Speaker 7

这个量表已经在全球数千人身上进行了测试。

This scale has been tested on thousands of people worldwide.

Speaker 7

不仅仅是那些自称实践斯多葛主义的人,还包括普通人。

And not just people who say they practice stoicism, but just the average person.

Speaker 7

其中一些人无意中就采纳了斯多葛原则。

Some of whom end up adopting stoic principles kind of by accident.

Speaker 7

结果非常明确。

And the results are so clear.

Speaker 7

在斯多葛生活方式上得分高的人,很多事情——不是所有事,但很多方面——对他们来说都更好。

People who score highly on a stoic lifestyle, everything like, not everything, but a lot of stuff is better for them.

Speaker 7

焦虑更少,愤怒更少,韧性更强。

Less anxiety, less anger, greater resilience.

Speaker 7

相比之下,那些压抑情绪、没有类似斯多葛主义的指导哲学、缺乏接纳度的人,焦虑更多,也没有核心价值观体系。

In contrast, people who suppress their emotions, people who don't have a guiding philosophy like stoicism, have low acceptance, more anxiety, and they don't have a core value set.

Speaker 7

因此,他们在其他许多量表上的表现更差。

So they do worse on a lot of these other scales.

Speaker 7

从神经学角度来看,斯多葛主义也能让我们更快乐。

Neurologically as well, stoicism makes us happier.

Speaker 7

它让我们更有耐心、更善良,更能做出回应而非冲动反应。

It makes us more patient, kind, better able to respond rather than react.

Speaker 7

因为它让我们能够打断大脑中恐惧的部分,在那短短四十到五十毫秒的瞬间,重新引导我们的行为,让我们有机会决定自己该做什么。

Because it allows us to interrupt the fearful parts of our brain and redirect our behavior in that split like forty to fifty milliseconds where we get a say over what we're gonna do.

Speaker 7

它让我们能够在那一刻、在那个选择中保持专注。

It allows us to be present in that in that moment, in that choice.

Speaker 7

当你拥有像斯多葛主义这样的指导哲学时,它实际上会让大脑前额叶皮层——你理性的部分——更多地掌控那些快速、即时、常常非理性的部分,这些部分只想让你做出选择、急着行动,最终往往把你引向冲动反应的非理性路径。

When you have a guiding philosophy like stoicism, it basically puts your frontal cortex more in charge, that rational part of your brain, more in charge of the fast immediate, often irrational parts of your brain that just want you to choose, and just want you to urgently do something, and then often lead you down that irrational path of reacting.

Speaker 7

我认为,斯多葛主义心理力量最有力的证据,是它在姑息治疗和慢性疼痛研究中的显著体现。

I think the greatest evidence of stoicism's psychological power is how prominently it appears in palliative and chronic pain research.

Speaker 7

你知道,那些生命即将走到尽头的人,那些身患重病的人,那些几乎每天或每天都经历疼痛的人。

You know, people who are at the end of their life, people who are really sick, people who experience who are experiencing pain, like, on all or most days.

Speaker 7

越来越多的证据表明,我们对疼痛的信念实际上会影响我们对疼痛的体验。

There is increasing evidence to suggest that our beliefs about pain can actually influence our experience of pain.

Speaker 7

这并不是说积极的心态能解决所有或任何问题。

Now that's not to say a positive mindset fixes anything or everything.

Speaker 7

绝对不是。

Absolutely not.

Speaker 7

不。

No.

Speaker 7

不。

No.

Speaker 7

不。

No.

Speaker 7

在这些极端情况下,有时你什么都做不了,但你唯一能掌控的只有自己的心态。

It's basically just that in these intense situations where sometimes there is nothing that you can do, the only thing you do have control over is your mindset.

Speaker 7

而那些践行这种心态的人会感到更有力量,因为这关乎于聚焦于那些属于他们、并且他们能够掌控的事情。

And people who act on that mindset feel more empowered because it's about focusing on the thing that is for them and that they can, again, control.

展开剩余字幕(还有 180 条)
Speaker 7

一项在澳大利亚维多利亚州进行的研究——那是我的家乡——调查了338名年龄在20到100岁之间的慢性疼痛患者。

One study in Victoria, in Australia, where I'm from, looked at three hundred and thirty eight chronic pain patients from 20 to a 100.

Speaker 7

同样,他们根据这种坚忍不拔、坚毅的态度特质来评估人们。

And again, they measured people based on this stoic fortitude, stoic attitude quality.

Speaker 7

不是他们忍耐的能力,而是他们接受所经历处境的能力。

Their ability to not endure, but their ability to accept what they were going through.

Speaker 7

研究发现,那些在这些特质上得分高的人,报告的抑郁、焦虑和疼痛严重程度都更低。

And what they found was that people who measured high in these traits, they reported less depression, less anxiety, less pain severity as well.

Speaker 7

让我再给你一个证据,因为早在九十年代,人们就观察到,拥有坚毅态度与肌肉萎缩症患者的生活质量之间存在积极关联。

Let me give you one more piece of evidence for this because this was also observed back in the nineties where again, there was this positive association between having a stoic attitude and the quality of life for people with muscular dystrophy.

Speaker 7

研究发现,当你能够采纳这种指导性哲学时,当你能够说:‘这真的太糟了。’

The study found that when you were able to adopt this guiding philosophy, when you were able to be like, this just really sucks.

Speaker 7

这就是我的牌。

These are my cards.

Speaker 7

那我该怎么用这些牌呢?

What am I gonna do with them?

Speaker 7

我手中有哪些有利的牌?

What cards do I have in my favor?

Speaker 7

我缺少哪些?

What do I not?

Speaker 7

对于我拥有的那些牌,我该怎么办?

What am I gonna do with the ones that I do?

Speaker 7

这些人更快乐。

These people are happier.

Speaker 7

我们一定会谈到这种心态的一些批评意见。

We will definitely get to some of the criticisms of what of this mindset.

Speaker 7

但当你仔细想想,斯多葛主义之所以强大,是因为它极具疗愈性,而且真正教会人们接受现实。

But when you think about it, like, stoicism is powerful because it is so therapeutic, and because it really teaches acceptance.

Speaker 7

这正是为什么它在如此多的治疗方法中都有体现。

And that is why it actually does show up in so many therapeutic practices.

Speaker 7

例如,认知行为疗法就是一种斯多葛主义疗法。

Cognitive behavioral therapy, for example, is is stoic is a stoic therapy.

Speaker 7

它基本上说的是,你对事物的看法会影响你对待它们的方式,进而影响你的生活。

It basically says like, how you think about things influences how you behave towards them, which influences your life.

Speaker 7

如果你能改变对它们的看法,改变你的认知,就能改变其他一切。

And if you can change how you think about them, you change your perception, you can change everything else.

Speaker 7

同样,辩证行为疗法也强调彻底接受。

Same with like dialectical behaviour therapy that basically really emphasises radical acceptance.

Speaker 7

改变你能改变的事情。

Changing what you can change.

Speaker 7

这种贯穿始终的基本哲学和支柱再次显现出来。

Again, this like underlying philosophy and pillar that comes through this all.

Speaker 7

它也被融入理性情绪行为疗法中,这种疗法专注于改变人们的自我挫败态度。

It's also woven into things like rational emotive behavioral therapy, which focuses on changing self defeating attitudes in people.

Speaker 7

它也与正念有关。

It's also involved in mindfulness.

Speaker 7

它同样涉及家庭治疗系统。

It's involved in family therapy systems as well.

Speaker 7

你越开始寻找斯多葛主义,就越会发现它在各种地方出现,而这些地方都有证据表明它能帮助人们变得更好、更快乐。

The more you start looking for stoicism, the more you start, like, searching for it, the more it ends up showing up in all these places and that have evidence for helping people get better, and for helping people be happier.

Speaker 7

我觉得,听完这一集后,你也会开始在各处看到它。

And I feel like now that you've listened to this episode, you will start seeing it everywhere as well.

Speaker 7

这真是一种强有力的生活方式。

Like, just such a powerful way to live your life.

Speaker 7

是的,从哲学上讲,也从心理学上讲。

Yes, philosophically, but also psychologically.

Speaker 7

好的。

Okay.

Speaker 7

在我们继续之前,我们必须谈谈对它的批评。

Before we go any further, we do have to talk about the criticisms.

Speaker 7

我其实很想插话提出很多批评意见,但我知道我们迟早会谈到这一点。

I feel like I really wanted to butt in with a lot of them there, but I knew we were gonna get to it.

Speaker 7

我们必须讨论它的缺点,因为没有任何一种生活哲学能完全避免问题或瑕疵。

We have to talk about the downsides here because no life philosophy is immune to some problems or some hiccups.

Speaker 7

这其中一个重要部分是过度积极的心态。

This one included the big part of it being the toxic positivity.

Speaker 7

认为你对事物的看法会彻底改变整个世界,但我们知道这并不真实。

The idea that how you think about things will just change everything about the world, and we know that's not true.

Speaker 7

斯多葛主义中有一个观点,即世界必须如其本来面目去应对,你不应花时间幻想一个理想社会,而应专注于你能做的事情。

There's this whole thing in stoicism of like, the world has to be dealt with as it is, and you should not spend time imagining an ideal society, and you should just focus on what you can do.

Speaker 7

你应当专注于自己的美德、逻辑和伦理,等等等等。

And you should be focused on your own virtues and focused on your own logic and ethics and blah blah blah blah.

Speaker 7

确实有一些人会对此解读为:埋头苦干,不要生气,不要反应。

There are definitely some people who would look at that and would interpret this as like, head down, don't get angry, don't react.

Speaker 7

只要你是个好人,就没什么好担心的。

If you're a good person, you don't have anything to worry about.

Speaker 7

你只需要做到这一点就够了。

That's all you needed to do.

Speaker 7

你不需要在此基础上再做任何改进。

You don't need to improve anything beyond that.

Speaker 7

世界就是如此,你已经尽了自己的本分。

The world is as it is, you have done your part.

Speaker 7

当我们思考当今世界的现状时,这种心态并不是大多数人能够拥有的。

When we think about the world as it is right now, it's just not a mindset that most of us can have.

Speaker 7

如果我们把斯多葛主义理解成这种版本,那将是一种非常有问题的心态。

It's a very problematic mindset if we take stoicism to be that version.

Speaker 7

举一个当代的例子,目前世界上有很多人正在抗议独裁统治和不公。

You know, to take a really contemporary example, like, there are people protesting against dictatorships, against injustice all over the world at the moment.

Speaker 7

他们有充分的理由感到愤怒,虽然他们的行为可能不符合斯多葛主义的具体准则,但这是否意味着他们的人生做错了呢?

And they're very rightfully angry, and they may not be living in that moment according to the specific bylines of stoicism, but does that mean that they're doing life incorrectly?

Speaker 7

这是否意味着,如果他们只关注自己能控制的事情,就会破坏自己获得幸福的机会?

Does that mean that they're sabotaging their chances at happiness if they just focus more on what they could control?

Speaker 7

不。

No.

Speaker 7

这是必须去做的。

Like, it needs to be done.

Speaker 7

正是在这样的时刻,斯多葛主义面临着被指责为一种极其优渥者才适用的人生哲学的批评。

And it's at moments like this that stoicism does face accusations of being a very privileged life philosophy to follow.

Speaker 7

这种保护内心平静的理念,暗示人们痛苦、担忧和苦难可以通过心态转变得到改善。

This notion of protecting your peace and suggesting that people's pain, for example, people's worrying and suffering could be improved with the mindset shift.

Speaker 7

这可能被视为极其居高临下,而且很可能完全错误。

That can be seen as very patronizing and probably very wrong.

Speaker 7

我认为,最糟糕的情况下,斯多葛主义被指责为富人的生活配饰,或许还是一种让我们对本应大声疾呼的问题保持沉默的方式。

I think at worst, stoicism has been accused of being a lifestyle accessory to the wealthy, and maybe a way to kind of silence some things that we should be loud about.

Speaker 7

而最好的情况下,我希望我们能将斯多葛主义理解为一种哲学:是的,除非你自身变得良善,否则世界不可能变得美好。

And at its best, I think, hopefully, we can understand and see stoicism as a philosophy that says, yes, the world cannot be good unless you make yourself good within it.

Speaker 7

但同时,你也有责任。

But also, you do have a duty.

Speaker 7

你确实有道德义务走出去,去应对不公,去改变你周围所见的一切。

You do have that ethical duty to go out and do something about injustice, and do something about what you're seeing around you.

Speaker 7

因此,当你真正理解这一点时,我相信你会看到,它并不要求你保持被动与沉默。

So when you really understand that, I think you can hopefully see that it doesn't ask you to be passive and still.

Speaker 7

它要求你在必要时真正地卷起袖子动手,因为这才能让世界变得更好,而这应该是你的首要任务。

It asks you to really kinda get your hands dirty at times if that is what's going to make the world better, and that should be your priority.

Speaker 7

好的。

Okay.

Speaker 7

那么让我们把这一点放在一边。

So let's leave that behind.

Speaker 7

让我们谈谈如何实际应用斯多葛主义,如果你希望这样做,并且想要获得我们之前提到的那些心理益处的话。

Let's talk about how we can actually apply stoicism if that is something you wanna do and if you want some of those psychological benefits we spoke about.

Speaker 8

如果思想控制是真实存在的呢?

What if mind control is real?

Speaker 1

如果你能控制

If you could control

Speaker 2

你周围任何人的行为,你会拥有怎样的妻子?

the behavior of anybody around you, what kind of wife would you have?

Speaker 8

你能通过催眠说服某人买一辆车吗?

Can you hypnotically persuade someone to buy a car?

Speaker 3

当你看着你的车时,你会被一种强烈的美好感受淹没。

When you look at your car, you're gonna become overwhelmed with such good feelings.

Speaker 8

你能催眠别人和你发生关系吗?

Can you hypnotize someone into sleeping with you?

Speaker 4

我给了她一些建议,让她产生性兴奋。

I gave her some suggestions to be sexually aroused.

Speaker 8

你能让人加入你的邪教吗?

Can you get someone to join your cult?

Speaker 5

有人用神经语言程序学(NLP)来接触我的潜意识。

NLP was used on me to access my subconscious.

Speaker 8

神经语言程序学(NLP),即神经语言编程,是催眠、语言学和心理学的结合。

NLP, aka neuro linguistic programming, is a blend of hypnosis, linguistics, and psychology.

Speaker 8

粉丝们说,这就像终于拿到了大脑的使用说明书。

Fans say it's like finally getting a user manual for your brain.

Speaker 4

这关乎意识的工程化。

It's about engineering consciousness.

Speaker 8

《心灵游戏》讲述了NLP的故事,以及它那群疯狂的追随者和那位在新时代公社发明NLP并将其卖给西装革履人士的假医生。

Mind Games is the story of NLP, its crazy cast of Disciples, and the fake doctor who invented it at a New Age commune and sold it to guys in suits.

Speaker 8

他曾因谋杀受审,但最终被宣告无罪。

He stood trial for murder and got acquitted.

Speaker 8

最大的心灵游戏是什么?

The biggest mind game of all?

Speaker 8

NLP可能真的有效。

NLP might actually work.

Speaker 7

这太疯狂了。

This is wild.

Speaker 8

在iHeartRadio应用、Apple播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听《心灵游戏》。

Listen to mind games on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.

Speaker 6

嘿。

Hey.

Speaker 6

我是韦尔斯·亚当斯,来自《忠诚信徒》播客,与我的忠实同伴兼联合主持人塔玛拉·朱迪和多洛雷斯·卡塔尼亚一同主持。

This is Wells Adams with by order of the faithfuls podcast alongside my fellow faithfuls and cohosts, Tamara Judge and Dolores Catania.

Speaker 6

我们三个人一直在追《交易员》这一季,我们已经深入过那座城堡,因此拥有其他人不具备的洞察。

The three of us have been watching this season of the traders and we've been inside that castle so we have insight unlike many others.

Speaker 6

这一季的《交易员》可能是我们看过的最棒的一季。

This season of the traders may be the best we've ever seen.

Speaker 6

在 iHeartRadio 应用、Apple 播客或你收听播客的任何平台收听《忠诚信徒的命令》。

Listen to by order of the faithfuls on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.

Speaker 7

斯多葛主义的一个卖点,讽刺的是,它成本低廉,对你要求极少。

One of the selling points of stoicism is ironically how cheap it is and how little it needs from you.

Speaker 7

你该如何实践日常的斯多葛主义?

How do you practice everyday stoicism?

Speaker 7

这里有一些例子。

Here are some examples.

Speaker 7

首先,你需要认识到,如今我们被灌输的许多关于幸福感的说法都暗示,你应该始终积极,毫无例外。

Firstly, you need to recognise that much of the well-being talk pushed on us today suggests that you should remain positive all the time without exception.

Speaker 7

你唯一应该追求的就是快乐,不要有任何负面情绪。

All you should be working towards is to just be happy and to not have any negative emotions.

Speaker 7

这与斯多葛主义非常不同。

This is very different to stoicism.

Speaker 7

斯多葛主义者非常推崇的一种实践叫做消极想象。

A practice that was very popular amongst the stoics was something called negative visualisation.

Speaker 7

简单来说,想象一下——这听起来可能与治疗师或其他人建议你的做法完全相反。

Basically, imagine And this is gonna sound so counter to what what maybe a therapist would suggest you or somebody else.

Speaker 7

但在一天开始时,想象当天可能发生的所有糟糕事情。

But imagine at the start of your day everything that could go wrong that day.

Speaker 7

然后也想象一下你如何解决所有这些可能出错的问题。

And also then imagine all the ways that you could fix all those things that would go wrong.

Speaker 7

然后带着你已具备应对这些问题的工具这一认知去度过一整天。

And then move through the day knowing that you have the tools to confront these problems.

Speaker 7

本质上,思考最坏的可能情况,然后想象你自己依然能够应对它。

Essentially, think about the worst possible what if, and then visualise yourself still dealing with that.

Speaker 7

这与整天焦虑完全不同。

This is very different from being anxious all day.

Speaker 7

这叫做负面想象。

This is called negative visualisation.

Speaker 7

它要求你理解,即使事情出了差错,也并非世界末日。

It requires understanding that even if things do go wrong, it's not the end of the world.

Speaker 7

你有能力应对出现的问题。

You are able to confront issues as they arise.

Speaker 7

无论发生什么,你都会好好的。

You are able to No matter what it is, you will be okay.

Speaker 7

坚持过去。

Push through it.

Speaker 7

这是一种非常有益的练习。

That's a very helpful practice.

Speaker 7

你明天就可以实际尝试一下。

You could literally try tomorrow.

Speaker 7

明天,你生活中最坏的情况可能是什么?

Tomorrow, what's the worst thing that could happen in your life?

Speaker 7

想象一下。

Imagine it.

Speaker 7

想象你自己应对它的情景。

Imagine yourself dealing with it.

Speaker 7

你已经准备好了。

You're good to go.

Speaker 7

你已经披上了盔甲。

You have that armor on.

Speaker 7

我经常认真思考这个问题,我会想,如果失败了,会发生什么?

I honestly think about this a lot, and I think about like, if it doesn't work, what's gonna happen?

Speaker 7

目前,我一直在面对很多尴尬和丢脸的恐惧,比如做我本该更多去做的工作内容,比如在网上发帖,诸如此类的事情。

I feel like at the moment, I've been facing a lot of, like, fear of embarrassment, fear of cringe from doing parts of my job I probably should do more, posting online, that kind of stuff.

Speaker 7

真正去思考最坏的情况——如果真的发生了会怎样——这种心态会改变人生,因为它让你把一切看得更清楚。

And really having that mentality of like, truly what's the worst, what if that could happen is life changing because you just put everything into perspective.

Speaker 7

最坏的情况会是什么?

What's the worst thing that could happen?

Speaker 7

有人可能会评判我。

Somebody could judge me.

Speaker 7

有人可能会生我的气。

Somebody could be mad at me.

Speaker 7

这很简单。

That's easy.

Speaker 7

我们继续吧。

Let's move on.

Speaker 7

我们向前看。

Let's move forward.

Speaker 7

另一个非常简单的斯多葛实践是感恩和慷慨。

Another very simple stoicism practice is obviously gratitude and also generosity.

Speaker 7

把你多余的资源拿出来,心怀感激,并将它传递下去。

Taking what you have extra of, feeling grateful for it, passing it forward.

Speaker 7

我见过有人提到过一种类似的实践:列出你生活中真正不需要的一切,同时也列出你真正需要的东西。

One practice I saw somebody talk about similar to this is basically making a list of all the things you truly do not need in your life, and then also a list of the things you do need.

Speaker 7

然后,面对这份你拥有的、但其实不需要的东西的清单,心怀感激。

And then sitting with that list of all the things that you you have that you don't need and feeling grateful for that.

Speaker 7

感激这份富足,同时也更自信地意识到,即使失去很多,你依然可以过得很好。

Grateful for this, like, abundance and also more confident that there is a lot you could go without that you still have.

Speaker 7

所以,你不必过于担心成就。

So you don't need to worry too much about achievement.

Speaker 7

你不必过于担心或过分依恋金钱和物质,因为即使这一切都消失了,你依然会没事。

You don't need to worry too much or get attached too much to money or possessions because if all of that faded, you'd still be okay.

Speaker 7

仅仅通过对自己生活中的决定提出更好的问题,就是斯多葛主义。

Even just simply asking yourself better questions about your life decisions is stoicism.

Speaker 7

问自己:我为什么想要这个?

Asking yourself like, why do I want this?

Speaker 7

是因为外部的回报吗?

Is it because of external rewards?

Speaker 7

还是出于我自己的渴望?

Is it because of my own desire?

Speaker 7

这就是斯多葛主义。

That is stoicism.

Speaker 7

问自己,我到底想给谁留下印象?

Asking yourself like, who am I trying to impress?

Speaker 7

通过试图控制生活中这些事情,我以为自己在掌控什么?

What do I think I'm controlling by trying to control these things in my life?

Speaker 7

这就是斯多葛主义。

That is stoicism.

Speaker 7

识别你为何在过度工作、取悦他人、过度思考的各个领域,以及这是否是你时间最合理的使用方式,这就是斯多葛主义。

Identifying why all the areas where you are overworking, people pleasing, overthinking, and whether that is the best logical use of of your time is stoicism.

Speaker 7

斯多葛实践本质上就是任何让你更专注当下、更清晰地看清世界本来面目,而不受自我欺骗或虚假控制感影响的做法。

A stoic practice is like basically anything that lets you be more present, that lets you see the world more clearly for what it is without self deception, without false ideas of control.

Speaker 7

直面你的焦虑、担忧和所有可能出错的事情,然后继续生活。

And to just see your anxieties, see your worries, see everything that could go wrong and just get on with living.

Speaker 7

继续去善良,继续去体验,因为天啊,这听起来太老生常谈了。

And get on with being kind and get on with experiencing because Oh my god, it's gonna sound so cliche.

Speaker 7

明天并不是有保障的。

Like, tomorrow isn't promised.

Speaker 7

你只能尽可能地活在当下。

Like, you just have to be as present as possible.

Speaker 7

所以我想我今天就说到这里了。

So I think that's all I have time for.

Speaker 7

如果你坚持听到了这里,谢谢你的聆听。

Thank you for listening if you have made it this far.

Speaker 7

这集确实非常哲学味浓厚。

This was definitely a very philosophy heavy episode.

Speaker 7

我偶尔会做一次这样的内容。

I like to do one of those every once in a while.

Speaker 7

但我仍然希望它能给你带来启发。

But one that I still hope was enlightening to you.

Speaker 7

我知道你来这里是为了心理学。

I know you're here for psychology.

Speaker 7

我觉得有时候这些是相辅相成的。

I feel like sometimes these go hand in hand.

Speaker 7

我希望你受到启发,去掌控你能掌控的事情。

I hope you feel inspired to take control of what you can.

Speaker 7

我希望你受到启发,更清晰地看待生活。

I hope you feel inspired to see life more clearly.

Speaker 7

这确实是我在努力做到的事情。

It's definitely something I'm trying to do.

Speaker 7

我希望你受到启发,成为一个善良、正直、勇敢的人。

And I hope you feel inspired to be a good, fair, courageous person.

Speaker 7

这一点我现在非常坚信。

That is something I feel very strongly about right now.

Speaker 7

我觉得,在这个看似糟糕的世界里,这是我们能掌控的为数不多的事情之一。

I feel like it's one of the only things we can control in such what is seemingly looks like a terrible world.

Speaker 7

所以,如果你从这一集中只记住一点:你是个好人,你可以通过做好人来证明这个世界是美好的,那对我来说就足够了。

So if that is the only thing you get out of this episode that you are good and you can prove that the world is good by being good, that will be enough for me.

Speaker 7

所以非常感谢你们的聆听。

So I appreciate you listening.

Speaker 7

一如既往,感谢我们的研究团队,特别是露西·戴维森今天为本集提供的帮助。

Thank you as always to our research team including Lucy Davidson for her assistance with this episode today.

Speaker 7

如果你还没有在Netflix上观看过我们的节目,请确保关注我们的Instagram账号。

Make sure that you are following us on Instagram if you have not yet watched an episode on Netflix.

Speaker 7

如果你在美国或加拿大,请现在就去关注吧。

If you're in The US or Canada, go and do that right now.

Speaker 7

我们非常期待在那边见到你。

We'd love to see you over there.

Speaker 7

一如既往,请保重、友善、善待自己。

As always, be safe, be kind, be gentle to yourself.

Speaker 7

我们很快就会再聊。

We will talk very, very soon.

Speaker 0

如果心灵控制是真实的呢?

What if mind control is real?

Speaker 1

如果你能控制

If you could control the

Speaker 2

你身边任何人的行为,你会过上怎样的生活?

behavior of anybody around you, what kind of life would you have?

Speaker 0

你能通过催眠说服某人买一辆车吗?

Can you hypnotically persuade someone to buy a car?

Speaker 3

当你看着你的车时,你会被一种极佳的感受淹没。

When you look at your car, you're gonna become overwhelmed with with such good feelings.

Speaker 0

你能催眠某人和你发生关系吗?

Can you hypnotize someone into sleeping with you?

Speaker 4

我给她一些暗示,让她产生性冲动。

I gave her some suggestions to be sexually aroused.

Speaker 0

你能让人加入你的邪教吗?

Can you get someone to join your cult?

Speaker 5

有人用神经语言程序学(NLP)来接触我的潜意识。

NLP was used on me to access my subconscious.

Speaker 0

《心灵游戏》是一档新播客,探讨NLP,即神经语言程序设计。

Mind Games, a new podcast exploring NLP, aka, neurolinguistic programming.

Speaker 0

它是一种自助奇迹,还是一个可疑的催眠骗局,或者两者兼有?

Is it a self help miracle, a shady hypnosis scam, or both?

Speaker 0

请在iHeartRadio应用、Apple播客或您收听播客的任何平台收听《心灵游戏》。

Listen to Mind Games on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.

Speaker 6

嘿。

Hey.

Speaker 6

我是韦尔斯·亚当斯,来自《忠诚信徒》播客,与我的忠实同伴兼联合主持人塔玛拉·朱迪和多洛雷斯·卡塔尼亚一起主持。

This is Wells Adams with by order of the faithfuls podcast alongside my fellow faithfuls and cohosts Tamara Judge and Dolores Catania.

Speaker 6

我们三个人一直关注着《交易者》这一季,并且已经深入过那座城堡。

The three of us have been watching this season of the traders, and we've been inside that castle.

Speaker 6

因此,我们拥有其他人所不具备的洞察力。

So we have insight unlike many others.

Speaker 6

这一季的《交易者》可能是我们看过的最精彩的一季。

This season of the traders may be the best we've ever seen.

Speaker 6

在美洲排名第一的播客网络iHeart收听《忠诚信徒的命令》。

Listen to by order of the faithfuls on America's number one podcast network iHeart.

Speaker 6

关注《忠诚信徒的命令》,今天就开始在免费的iHeartRadio应用上收听吧。

Follow by order of the faithfuls and start listening on the free iHeartRadio app today.

Speaker 7

这是iHeart播客。

This is an iHeart podcast.

Speaker 7

百分百真人制作。

Guaranteed human.

关于 Bayt 播客

Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。

继续浏览更多播客