本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
大家好,男孩女孩们,女士们,还有小细菌们。
Hello, boys and girls, ladies, and germs.
哇。
Wow.
那可真是激情四射。
That was quite the ejaculation.
抱歉声音有点大,各位。
Sorry for the volume, folks.
欢迎收听新一期的《蒂姆·费里斯秀》。
Welcome to another episode of the Tim Ferriss Show.
今天的嘉宾是本·帕特里克。
My guest today is Ben Patrick.
本·帕特里克更为人熟知的名字是'膝盖过脚尖的人',在Instagram等平台都能找到他,账号名为Knees Over Toes Guy。
Ben Patrick is better known as knee over toes guy, and you can find him on Instagram and everywhere else as Knees Over Toes Guy.
他是Athletic Truth Group(ATG)的创始人,这是一套线上线下结合的训练体系,植根于康复性力量与关节健康。
He is the founder of Athletic Truth Group, ATG, an online and brick and mortar training system rooted in rehabilitative strength and joint health.
在经历了多年膝盖和胫骨剧痛(包括多次手术)后,他从零开始重建身体机能,运动表现从垂直跳跃不足20英寸提升到有记录可查的42英寸。
After years of debilitating knee and shin pain, including multiple surgeries, he rebuilt his body from the ground up and his performance going from sub 20 inch vertical to a documented 42 inch leap.
他是《膝关节零基础训练》等健身康复类书籍的作者。
He's the author of Knee Ability Zero and other books on fitness and recovery.
他已成为网络红人。
He's become a phenomenon online.
需要说明的是,本期节目配有配套视频,我和本将共同演示讨论的所有训练动作。
And I should note, there is a companion video for this episode where Ben and I walk through all of the exercises we discuss together.
如果你想以初学者的视角看我经历这个过程,和他一起提问,你可以去看看。
So if you wanna see me with beginner's eyes going through this, asking questions with him, then you can check it out.
你可以在youtube.com/timferriss找到这个,t I m f e r r I s s。
And you can find that on youtube.com/timferriss, t I m f e r r I s s.
你也可以在本的Instagram置顶视频中找到相关内容。
You can also find a video pinned on Ben's Instagram.
那是'膝盖过脚尖'训练法的创始人,视频里更全面地展示了我们线下训练的内容。
That's knees over toes guy, and that runs through a more comprehensive version of what we did in person.
但如果你想要最小有效剂量,就去youtube.com/timferriss,你会看到我们的训练内容,特别是针对我当前背痛做出的一些调整。
But if you want the minimum effective dose, go to the youtube.com/timferriss, and you'll see what we did, especially making some adjustments for my current back pain.
如果你想看更全面的内容,可以去他的Instagram看看。
And if you want to see the more comprehensive stuff, you can check out his Instagram.
我们还聊了很多不仅仅是运动的话题。
We also get into a lot more than just exercise.
本问了我一些关于如何在播客、商业等领域做出不同决策和保持诚信等问题,我们在这段对话的最后花了相当多时间讨论这些,如果你感兴趣的话。
Ben asked me some questions about how to navigate different decisions and integrity and so on in podcasting, business, etcetera, and we actually spent a good amount of time on that towards the end of this conversation if that's of interest.
就是这样。
And that is it.
闲话少说,请享受与本·帕特里克的广泛对话,别忘了观看配套视频,在youtube.com/timferriss以及Instagram上'膝盖过脚尖'训练法创始人的置顶帖子。
Without further ado, please enjoy a wide ranging conversation with Ben Patrick, and don't forget about the companion videos at youtube.com/timferriss as well as at knees over toes guy pinned post on Instagram.
感谢收听。
Thanks for listening.
最优最小 在这个海拔高度,我可以全速跑半英里,然后手就开始发抖。
Optimal minimal At this altitude, I can run flat out for a half mile before my hands start to shake.
我能回答你的私人问题吗?
Can I answer your personal question?
不行。
No.
我们正好看到了一个绝佳时机。
We're just seeing a perfect time in there.
作为一个生化人、活体组织的本,感觉如何?很高兴见到你。
What it like to be I'm a cybernetic organism, living tissue Ben, nice to see you.
兄弟,谢谢你。
Brother, thank you.
终于能一起共度时光真是太好了。
Nice to finally spend time together.
我们做了些训练概述,录了些视频,这样大家就能找到相关内容。
We did a bit of a workout overview, recorded some video, so people will be able to find that.
我们还会在节目备注里放上链接。
And we'll put links in the show notes.
我们还会多聊聊你可能想为需要视觉参考的人标记的内容,不过让我们先回到过去。
We'll talk more also about things you might pin for people who want a visual reference here, but let's go back in time.
绰号。
Nicknames.
我们在录制前聊了一会儿。
We were chatting a bit before recording.
我们刚才讨论的绰号是什么?是谁给你起的?
What was the nickname that we were discussing, and who gave it to you?
我高中时的篮球教练开始叫我老头。
I had a high school basketball coach who started calling me old man.
我那时身体特别僵硬。
I was so stiff.
和其他球员相比,我需要花很长时间热身。
It'd take me so long to warm up compared to other players.
我知道自己天生不适合打篮球。
I knew I wasn't built well for basketball.
我以为可以通过努力克服。
I thought I could work my way.
从大概九岁起,我就开始进行疯狂的训练。
I was just doing crazy workouts from the time I was maybe nine years old.
所以到了12岁,膝盖就落下慢性疼痛。
So by 12, chronic knee pain.
所以即便到了高中,我也无法做出低位防守姿势。
So even by high school, I couldn't get low in my legs.
我觉得在整个青春期阶段
So I think during all that puberty time
嗯。
Mhmm.
因为身体太僵硬,发育都不太正常。
Things weren't forming right because I was so stiff.
我始终无法正确运用下肢力量。
I wasn't getting into my legs the way I should.
开始叫我老头了。
Started calling me old man.
所以我们有了老头帕特里克,嗯哼。
So we've got old man Patrick Mhmm.
在高中时。
In high school.
时光飞逝,现在你被称为'膝盖过脚尖'的家伙。
Flash forward, now you're known as knees over toes guy.
所以在这两者之间发生了一些事。
So something happened in between those two.
是的。
Yep.
当时的情况是——我们可以用多种方式来探讨这个问题。
What were the and we can approach this any number of ways.
你可以解释名字的由来,或者谈谈那些促使你走上这条道路的关键时刻或发现,最终让你成为'膝盖过脚尖'的人。
You could explain why the name, or you could talk about maybe catalyzing moments or findings that set you on the path that led you to become knees over toes guy.
完全正确。
Absolutely.
就像你在我的Instagram和YouTube上提到的,这些内容都被置顶了,大家可以直接去查看,按顺序直观地了解我们讨论的这些事。
As you alluded to on my Instagram, YouTube, it's pinned where this kind of stuff we're talking about, someone just can just go look at it and see it visually, like almost in order.
关于慢性疼痛和僵硬的问题,医生确实认为14岁左右时可能发生了些状况,我本该做手术的。
So the chronic pains and stiffness, doctors did think around 14, probably something happened I should have had surgery on.
但最终没做手术。
Didn't have surgery.
各种事情开始堆积起来。
Different things started stacking up.
到了18岁,我确实做了手术。
By 18, I then did have surgery.
部分膝盖骨置换,就像我的一部分膝盖骨只是漂浮在那里。
Partial kneecap replacement, like part of my kneecap was just floating there.
股四头肌肌腱重新接上,然后进行了半月板移植。
Quad tendon reattached and then had a meniscus transplant.
之后花了大约一年半的时间,因为我情况太严重,关节僵硬,被固定住,真的连跑步都不行,差不多一年半。
And then it took about a year and a half because I was so extreme, so stiff, was immobilized and really couldn't even run for, like, a year and a half.
这引发了一系列连锁反应。
That kinda set off a chain of things.
到那时,我的右膝疼痛比左膝曾经任何时候都严重。
By then, my right knee was hurting worse than my left knee ever had.
是啊。
Yeah.
我是说,我左肩手术重建时也发生过这种情况。
I mean, that happened when I had my left shoulder surgically reconstructed.
经过一年、一年半终于康复了左肩后,右肩开始剧痛。
After the year, year and a half it took to finally rehab the left, the right was screaming.
所以我当时情绪很低落,因为考虑到右膝比左膝曾经任何时候都疼,我就想,现在右膝可能也需要手术了。
So I was in a pretty dark place because considering my right knee hurt worse than my left knee ever had, I'm like, I I probably need surgery on the right knee now.
而且我已经做过几次手术,一直依赖止痛药,父母不知道,我女朋友也不知道——她现在是我妻子了。
And I had gotten from the surgeries, and I had stayed on painkillers, and parents didn't know, my girlfriend didn't know, who's my wife now.
继续服用止痛药。
Staying on the painkillers.
是啊。
Yeah.
没错。
Right.
我当时就像在嗑药一样。
I was just like popping them.
后来我偶然发现了查尔斯·波利奎因的一些资料,就是你播客里请过的那位。
And then I stumbled on some stuff from Charles Poliquin, who you had on your podcast.
对。
Yeah.
早年跟查尔斯共事过很长时间。
Spent a lot of time with Charles back in the day.
是啊。
Yeah.
他提供了一些非常明确的信息,就像在说'不不不'。
And he had various information that was very clear that it was like, no, no, no.
健身界一直教导我们不要让膝盖超过脚趾。
What we've in the fitness world had all been taught of don't let your knee over your toes.
他却提出反对观点。
He had stuff saying, no.
这才是运动员该做的。
This is actually the athletes.
他通过训练特定姿势来帮助他们预防受伤和康复。
He helps them prevent injury and rehab with training that position.
这只是为了让试图理解其中含义的人们更容易想象。
And just for people who are trying to imagine what this means.
假设你处于深蹲姿势,保持小腿垂直或膝盖与脚踝对齐,我们可以称之为预先接触波利昆的圣牛理论——至少在部分运动科学领域中是如此。
So if you were to, say, be in a squat position, keeping your shins vertical or your knees are aligned over your ankles, that would be the let's just call it pre exposure to Poliquin sacred cow, at least in some of the a lot of the sort of exercise science worlds.
不要让膝盖超过脚尖。
Do not let your knees travel over your toes.
对。
Yep.
对吧?
Right?
保持小腿垂直。
Keep your shins vertical.
嗯。
Yep.
所以查尔斯的观点完全相反。
So Charles is saying quite the opposite.
是的。
Yeah.
这里说得很到位。
And good point there.
这种情况的发生完全是可以理解的。
It was totally understandable why that occurred.
20世纪70年代,运动科学开始在学校兴起,他们发现当膝盖超过脚趾时,膝盖承受的压力会更大。
Nineteen seventies, exercise science is becoming a thing in school, and they found that when the knee goes over the toe, then there's more pressure on the knee.
因此教科书上展示的运动要领是:锻炼时不要让膝盖超过脚趾。
So what what into textbooks was showing when you exercise, don't let your knee over your toes.
现在做个对比,想象下楼梯时突然停住的场景。
Now for someone to compare, think about stepping down the stairs and stop.
你往下迈一步台阶,然后停住。
You take a step downstairs, stop.
这时你的膝盖正承受着超过脚趾的压力。
You're loading your knee over your toes.
你每下一级台阶都是如此。
Every single step you take downstairs.
当我开始研究查尔斯·波利奎因时,基于自身经历,我立刻意识到这里有玄机——因为我尝试过所有主流的不让膝盖超过脚趾的方法。
So when I started studying Charles Poliquin, because of what I had been through, for me, instantly, I knew there was something here because I had tried all the mainstream methods of no knees over toes.
让我能摆脱止痛药的第一件事就是倒着拖雪橇。
So the first thing then that I could tell that allowed me to get off the painkillers was dragging a sled backwards.
所以我每走一步,膝盖都会超过脚趾。
So every step I take, my knee is over my toes.
这就像有人通过倒走上山来康复,而不是正常下山。
It's almost like if someone walked backward up a hill to rehab rather than going down the hill.
康复训练的进阶过程其实是:先倒走,再尝试给倒走增加阻力(这样更温和),然后我用了斜板,但其实你也可以卷条毛巾垫高脚跟。
And that's actually the progression of the rehab is walking backwards, trying to add resistance to walking backwards, which is gentler, to then I use a slant board, but someone could really you could roll up a towel to elevate your heel.
你可以先从脚跟平放开始。
You could start with your heel flat.
比如,你一开始甚至不需要抬高脚跟。
Like, you don't have to even elevate the heel to start.
实际上你需要练习的是下台阶的动作。
Where you actually work on stepping down.
所以你要在无痛范围内控制下台阶的动作幅度。
So you're actually controlling the motion at your pain free level of stepping down.
即使你做不到——我就无法完成六英寸高的台阶。
Even if you can't I couldn't do a six inch step.
我可能只能控制几英寸的高度。
I could maybe control a couple inches.
而且你要像体操运动员那样进行高重复次数训练。
And you're using high repetitions as if you were a gymnast.
当你说只能做几英寸时,能具体描述下是什么情形吗?
When you say you can only do a couple of inches, can you just paint a picture for what that means?
假设你正在下楼梯。
Let's say you're walking down the stairs.
每级台阶大概有六英寸高。
Each stair is probably six inches.
我无法在不感到疼痛的情况下控制这个动作。
I couldn't control that motion without pain.
我不得不笨拙地下楼梯,用上半身来减轻压力。
I had to sort of clunk my way down the stairs, ease up pressure with the upper body.
我无法在不引起膝盖疼痛的情况下一步步控制下台阶动作。
I couldn't control step by step without my knee hurting.
但有人连六英寸的台阶都迈不上去。
But someone can do less than a six inch stair.
所以倒退行走作为热身,能促进血液循环。
So the walking backward as a warm up, you're getting circulation.
我们说的是倒退100到200码的距离,不仅不费力,还能促进血液循环,增强力量。
We're talking maybe stacking up 100, 200 yards backward, which was didn't hurt, and then was getting circulation, getting some strength.
这就是我的真实感受,好吧。
So that was what I felt like, okay.
现在我可以停用止痛药了,因为我找到了这种自然缓解疼痛的方法,还能在膝盖受压姿势下增强力量。
I can get off the painkillers now because I have this way of naturally reducing the pain and getting some strength going in a knee pressure position.
请允许我快速插句话。
And let me just sidebar quickly for folks.
直到最近几年我才频繁使用雪橇训练,但之前总是推着前进。
I have only in the last handful of years I'd used sleds a lot, but I was always pushing.
也就是最近几年的事。
It's only in the last handful of years.
你也见过这些人,比如Nsima E。
And you have met these guys as well, but Nsima E.
Young和Mark Bell。
Young and Mark Bell.
当然,Mark Bell曾在Westside Barbell跟随Louis Simmons训练。
And, of course, Mark Bell used to train with he was at Westside Barbell, Louis Simmons.
我们早先录音时你提到过他的名字。
You mentioned his name when we were recording earlier.
我逐渐意识到这种拉雪橇运动具有惊人的疗愈效果,你可以用一条绑在腰部固定带上的弹力绳来完成。
I have come to appreciate just how incredibly therapeutic this pulling of the sled is, which you could do with a band around a harness around the waist.
你也可以穿着背心进行。
You could do it with a vest.
简单地抓住把手就行,我见过马克就是这样做的,比如你只是抓住把手,用一条带子把自己固定在雪橇上。
You could simply hold on to that's typically how I've seen Mark do it, for instance, where you're effectively just holding on to handles with a strap that attaches you to the sled.
对于康复训练、预防性训练,或是为膝盖建立保护机制,这种方法不仅极其有效,而且非常优雅。
For rehabilitation, for prehab, for building in some insurance policy for the knees, it is just incredibly effective, but also so elegant.
它非常简单,而且不容易受伤。
It's so simple and hard to hurt yourself.
当然,现在请先咨询你的医生。
Now, of course, talk to your doctor.
别在网上假装自己是医生。
Don't pretend to be one on the Internet.
但我想说的就是,我个人也能为这个方法担保。
But that's all I wanted to say was, personally, I can also vouch for this.
你是通过波拉奎恩了解到这个的吗?
Did you come across that through Pollakwyn?
查尔斯·波拉奎恩,他在一篇采访中提到曾帮助一位本无法参加奥运会的运动员,他们经常反向拉雪橇训练,因为这样恢复得更快。
Charles Pollakwyn, he was interviewed for this article where he helped an Olympic athlete who wasn't gonna be able to compete in the Olympics, and they started going backward with the sled often because they could recover fast.
最终那位运动员成功回归,并在奥运会上赢得了奖牌。
And he was able to get back and actually win a medal at the Olympics.
所以我并不是建议人们仓促尝试,但这是个独特案例,可能是那个人唯一的机会。
So I'm not advising someone to rush, but that was a unique case where this might be the guy's only chance
你有一个限制条件。
You have a constraint.
永远。
Ever.
是啊。
Yeah.
这让我有点动心了。
So that kinda sold me on it.
当我真正体验过后,我就觉得,好吧,这里面确实有点门道。
And then once I was experiencing it, I was like, okay, I can see there's something here.
这并没有解决我所有的问题。
It's not like that solved all my problems.
但当时的状态下,这已足够让我愿意停用止痛药,开始尝试更深层的练习。
That was enough for me in my state to be willing to get off the painkillers and then start exploring further stuff.
你开始做滑板训练后,花了多长时间才彻底停用止痛药?
How long did it take you to get off of the painkillers after you started doing the sled work?
我记得开始训练第一周后,就主动停药了。
Well, I remember after the first week of doing this, I then intentionally got off.
这并不意味着我的疼痛完全消失,但我想尝试这条路,不再试图屏蔽疼痛。
That didn't mean all my pain was gone, but it was like, I wanted to experience this route and not try to shield the pain anymore.
所以一周内我就明白了:让膝盖超过脚趾进行活动,而不是避免膝盖超过脚趾,这确实有不同效果。
So within a week, I knew, okay, there's something different here of progressing the knee over the toes rather than avoiding the knee over the toes.
当时并不想考虑更深层的进阶训练,但这个方法让我能安全练习且不会疼痛。
I didn't really wanna think about any further progressions, but that gave me something I could do, didn't hurt.
关于安全性这个问题,我们不能说任何训练是100%安全的,但根据我在健身房积累的实际数据,我已经指导了数千次团体训练课程。
And to give someone idea on the safety, we can't say anything is a 100% safe, but real numbers at the gym I eventually made, coached thousands of group training sessions.
最终统计下来,我在雪橇训练上指导学员的次数超过了10万次。
So it it wound up being counted, like, over a 100,000 times that I coached people on the sled.
从未有人在雪橇训练中受过伤。
No one was ever hurt doing the sled.
当然意外是有可能发生的。
It could happen.
举个我们实际做过的例子——我觉得这是最直观的解释方式:我母亲71岁了。
To give you a visual that we actually did that which was, I feel like, the best visual to explain people, my mom is 71.
我们在雪橇上装载了一千磅的重量
We put a thousand pounds on the sled
好的。
Okay.
然后让她尝试倒着拖动它。
And had her try to drag it backwards.
嗯。
Mhmm.
她根本挪不动,但她安然无恙。
She couldn't budge it, but she was fine.
人们会好奇你为什么要这样对待自己的母亲。
People are gonna be wondering why you would do that to your mom.
更多人则会恍然大悟:现在我明白为什么这个训练是安全的了。
More people are like, oh, now I get why it's safe.
因为她试图拖拽的那千磅重物并未压在她身上。
Because the thousand pounds that she's trying to drag is not bearing down on her.
所以当你试图拖拽重物时,它可能对增肌和促成转化为新肌肉组织的分解作用较小。
So when you're trying to drag a weight, it probably has less potential to body build and create that breakdown that turns into new muscle tissue and stuff.
但它更有可能让你安全地进入某种状态,免受疼痛。
But it has more potential for getting into something with safety, without pain.
那曾是我的垫脚石。
That was my stepping stone.
查尔斯·波利奎恩那时社交媒体还未兴起。
Charles Poliquin was this was before social media.
所以我实际上没看过任何相关视频资料。
So I didn't actually see any videos of any of this stuff.
我不得不真正破译那些文章。
I had to really decipher articles.
我必须根据他发布的信息自学。
I had to self teach based on information he had put out.
通过自我实验,我终于能够真正地打篮球
And through my just self experimenting, I was able to get to where I could play basketball really
拼命
hard
而膝盖不会疼痛。
without my knees hurting.
除了反向的那个,鸡尾酒里还加了什么其他成分?
What other ingredients were added to the cocktail outside of the backwards Yep.
雪橇拉练?
Sled pulls?
所以你做了反向雪橇拉练,当时很明显他是在让人们完成深蹲的全幅度动作。
So you got the backwards sled pulls, then it was really clear that he was getting people into a full range of motion in squat.
而且这也是我从小打篮球时就被告知的——不要做全幅深蹲。
And that was also something that growing up my whole life in basketball, I was like, don't do any deep squats.
膝盖要超过脚尖,所以主要两点是:不要低于90度,不要让膝盖超过脚尖。
Your knee goes over your toes, so it was sort of don't go below 90 degrees and don't let your knee over your toes were the two prevailing things.
我先后找了六到十个教练。
And I went to six, eight, 10 trainers.
可能运气不好,那些教练都不知道正确的做法。
Maybe that was bad luck that none of those trainers knew differently.
这似乎确实是当时的主流观点。
It does seem like it was the prevailing way.
根据我在篮球队的经历和执教经验,我敢说99%的篮球队都不会做全幅深蹲。
And having been on basketball teams now, having coached, I could safely estimate that 99% of basketball teams don't squat with a full range of motion.
只是
Just
快速感谢我们的赞助商,节目稍后继续。
a quick thanks to our sponsors, and we'll be right back to the show.
我一直在寻找既美味又营养的蛋白质来源。
I am always on the hunt for protein sources that don't require sacrifices in taste or nutrition.
这就是为什么我喜欢今天赞助商David的蛋白棒。
And that's why I love the protein bars from today's sponsor, David.
它们是我匆忙时的首选蛋白质来源。
They are my go to protein source on the run.
每当怀疑能否获取优质蛋白质时,我就把它们扔进包里。
I throw them in my bag whenever I am in doubt that I might be able to get a good source of protein.
大卫牌蛋白棒含28克蛋白质、150卡路里,零糖分。
David has 28 grams of protein, 150 calories, and zero grams of sugar.
最重要的是,大卫牌蛋白棒味道棒极了。
And on top of that, David tastes great.
他们的蛋白棒有六种美味口味。
Their bars come in six delicious flavors.
都值得一试。
They're all worth trying.
蛋白质也是最具有饱腹感的宏量营养素。
Protein is also the most satiating macronutrient.
这意味着什么?
What does that mean?
这意味着在碳水化合物、脂肪和蛋白质中,蛋白质能抑制食欲的同时滋养你所需的一切,帮助你全天消耗更少卡路里。
It means that protein out of carbohydrates, fat, and protein inhibits your appetite while also feeding all the things you wanna feed, which helps you consume fewer calories throughout the day.
你会更不愿意吃垃圾食品。
You're less inclined to eat garbage.
所有这些都有助于减脂并降低多种疾病风险。
All of that contributes to fat loss and reducing the risk of various diseases.
现在,《蒂姆·费里斯秀》的听众们,购买四盒可免费获赠第五盒。
And now you guys, listeners of the Tim Ferriss Show, who buy four boxes get a fifth box for free.
你可以去看看。
You can check it out.
你也可以一次买一盒。
You could also buy one box at a time.
亲自试试吧,访问davidprotein.com/tim。
Try them for yourself at davidprotein.com/tim.
全面了解详情。
Learn all about it.
访问davidprotein.com/tim,购买四盒即可获赠一盒,或了解更多信息。
That's davidprotein.com/tim to get a free box with a four box purchase or simply learn more.
去看看吧。
Check it out.
Davidprotein.com/tim。
Davidprotein.com/tim.
我不知道你怎么想,但现在银行和投资选择太多,账户又分散各处,财务跟踪比以往任何时候都困难。
I don't know about you, but with so many options for banking and investing these days, also with accounts scattered all over the place, it's harder than ever to track finances.
因此我很高兴推荐本期赞助商Monarch,它被《华尔街日报》评为2025年最佳预算应用。
And that is why I am happy to recommend this episode's sponsor, Monarch, named best budgeting app of 2025 by The Wall Street Journal.
Monarch将你的整个财务生活整合在一个简洁的界面中,让你一目了然地掌握财务状况。
Monarch brings your entire financial life together in one clean interface, letting you see your full financial picture at a glance.
你甚至可以使用小工具查看支出情况,无需在手机上打开应用。
You can even have widgets that show you your spending and so on so that you don't have to even open the app on your phone.
我团队有人试过其他四款预算应用,他说在Monarch上关联账户是最简单、界面最清爽的,等等。
One person on my team has tried four other budgeting apps and said linking his accounts on Monarch was by far the easiest, cleanest interface, etcetera, etcetera.
我另一位员工说,Monarch让她和丈夫在财务上更容易达成共识,并作为夫妻共同追踪开支。
Another one of my employees said Monarch has made it so much easier for her and her husband to be on the same page financially and to track spending as a couple.
所以何不认真起来,简化你的财务流程,在年底前将所有财务信息集中管理,并尝试Monarch。
So why not get serious and get simple about getting your financial act together so you can see everything in one place before year's end and get Monarch.
试试看吧。
Try it out.
在monarch.com使用优惠码Tim。
Use code Tim at monarch.com.
输入m0narch(即monarch.com),首年可享半价优惠。
That's m0narch, monarch.com, for half off of your first year.
使用优惠码Tim,首年在monarch.com立享5折。
That's 50% off of your first year at monarch.com with code Tim.
贯穿波利奎尼主义,他提出了不少这类观点。
All throughout, Polliquinism, he had quite a few of these.
找个时间我会告诉你我是如何与查尔斯结识的起源故事,相当有趣。
At some point, I'll tell you the origin story how I connected with Charles, is pretty funny.
但这是他的一句名言,该表扬的地方我会给予表扬。
But this is one of his lines, and this is I'll give credit where credit's due.
这句话引自《Outside》杂志:力量在训练范围内增长。
This is from outside online, but strength is gained in the range it is trained.
用他们的话说,非常'苏式'。
Very, Sousian as they put it.
你会反复看到这种现象。
And you just see this over and over again.
比如我曾采访过克里斯托弗·萨默教练,他曾是国家男子体操队的教练。
And I've interviewed, for instance, coach Christopher Summer, who used to be the men's national gymnastics coach.
当你观察许多人们认为身体僵硬的情况时,其实只是身体非常聪明地在关节活动范围极限处保护自己免受伤害。
And you look at a lot of, say, cases of what people might consider inflexibility, and it's just the body being very smart to guard itself against injury where it is weak at the extent of your range of motion.
对吧?
Right?
当你开始在活动范围末端发展力量时,突然间,啪嗒砰咚,你所谓的'柔韧性'就改善了。
And when you start to develop strength at the end range, all of a sudden, bada bing bada boom, your quote unquote flexibility improves.
对吧?
Right?
因为身体非常非常聪明,它在保护你免受伤害。
Because the body is very, very intelligent, and it's guarding you against injury.
我提到多重关节运动这个概念,是因为觉得它能精准佐证你的一些观点。
I just wanted to mention the the polyquinism because I think it puts a fine point on some of what you're saying.
对吧?
Right?
就像如果你从不做全蹲姿势,当你在参加校内足球赛时脚底打滑——谁知道呢?
It's like if you're never getting into a full squat position, if you ever engage in anything that puts you into those positions, your foot slips while you're playing intramural soccer, who knows?
对吧?
Right?
你可能会陷入痛苦的深渊。
You're gonna be potentially in a world of hurt.
不。
No.
对此我很感激。
I appreciate that.
我认为要让这个播客对人们有效,请持续参与进来。
And I think to make it an effective podcast for people, please keep chiming in.
即使对我们的身体而言,这就是思维模式、效率,20%的投入带来80%的结果。
Even for our body, this is the mindset, the efficiency, the 80% of the results from 20%.
这些东西帮助我构建了自己的体系。
This is the stuff that helps me make my system.
所以它很大程度上受到了这个启发。
So it's hugely inspired by that.
除了我的视频内容,我在这里没有太多要说的,所以请继续保持。
And outside of my videos, I don't have a ton to say here, so please keep it keep it coming.
做到
Make it
我会改变以保持提示。
a I'll change for keep prompting.
是的。
Yeah.
但请好吧,
But please Well,
关于深蹲训练,我能提供的是大量帮助那些不知如何应用这些技巧的人的经验。
on the deep squad, what I have to offer is lots of experience trying to help people who can't figure out how to apply this stuff.
深蹲时感到疼痛非常普遍。
Deep squats hurting is super common.
人们觉得自己缺乏深蹲所需的柔韧性,稍微垫高脚跟可以帮助蹲得更低,而将重量前举能减轻膝盖压力。
People feeling like they don't have the mobility to get into a deep squat, Elevating your heels a bit can help people get lower on a squat, and holding a weight out in front of you reduces the pressure on the knee.
你建议人们做传统意义上的标准深蹲吗?
Do you recommend people do what people would envision as a normal squat?
就是双脚平贴地面,保持同一平面。
So both feet on the ground, same plane.
或者你非常推崇的一个动作——ATG分腿蹲或前脚抬高分腿蹲。
Or one exercise that you're very well known for, the ATG split squat or front foot elevated split squat.
你会让他们用这个动作替代标准深蹲作为起始训练吗?
Would you have them start with that in place of the prototypical squat?
对此你怎么看?
How do you think about that?
我认为这与年龄相关,几乎像是个逆向系统。
I see it in relation to age, almost like a reverse system.
意思是,我三岁和五岁的孩子们,他们的深蹲姿势完美无缺。
Meaning, my kids are three and five, their squats are incredible.
我可不会说等到你们不...
I'm not like, wait until you no.
他们
They
是啊。
like Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
这几乎就像年轻时那样,我对膝盖的整个训练理念是:让你感到舒适的同时能够变得更强壮,控制全幅度的深蹲动作,让你感觉无需在半途停下,也无需借助反弹力起身,而是能完全掌控这个动作。
So it's almost like in youth, my whole system for the knees is if I can have you comfortable and able to be getting stronger, controlling a full range of motion squat, where you feel like you don't have to stop before you get all the way down, but also where you feel like you don't have to bounce to get out of it, like where you're able to own it.
你可以控制身体全程下蹲,暂停,然后无痛爆发起身,从而变得更强壮。
You can control it all the way down, pause, and then explode up without pain, able to get stronger.
孩子们天生就具备这种能力。
Kids naturally have that.
因此我在一所学校做志愿者时进行教练工作。
And so when I'm coaching, I volunteer at a school.
我曾需要同时指导50个孩子。
I've had to coach 50 kids at a time.
我设置了10个扣板训练台。
I set up 10 slam boards.
有些孩子需要垫高脚跟,有些则不用。
Some kids need to elevate the heel, some don't.
他们可以自由调整脚跟位置。
They're able to back their heels up whatever they want.
每个人都能无痛完成深度深蹲。
Everyone can get down into a deep squat without pain.
有些人需要手持重物前伸才能蹲到底。
Some need to hold some weight out in front of them to get down there.
但年龄越小,100%的孩子都能做到。
But the younger they are, a 100% can do it.
比如所有蹒跚学步的幼儿都能完成深度深蹲。
Like, all little toddlers can deep squat.
为什么放在身前的重量能帮助人下蹲,无论脚跟是否抬高?
Why does the weight in front of you help someone to get into a squatted position, whether the heels are elevated or not?
这其实就是一种平衡作用。
It's simply a counterbalance.
当你下蹲时,考虑到膝盖疼痛的人,通过在前方持重产生的压力,你可以稍微后仰,这样膝盖就不必过度超过脚趾。
So when you go to squat down and you think about that for someone with knee pain, you think about that pressure, holding the weight on the front, you can actually lean back a bit, not have to go your knee doesn't have to go as far over your toes.
所以我试图帮助人们更好地掌握膝盖超过脚趾的技巧,而不是在过程中忍痛练习,逐步培养这种能力。
So I'm trying to help people get better at knees over toes, not work through pain in the process, gradually coax that ability.
如果他们已具备这种能力,我们可以非常轻松地强化它。
Or if they've already got it, we can fortify it super easily.
使用常见重量进行渐进训练,因为听众主要是成年人。
So a progression using common weights because it's mostly gonna be adults listening to this.
假设你在地板上卷起毛巾,将脚跟垫高以模拟更大的活动范围来降低重心,同时手持25磅的杠铃片前伸。
Let's say you roll up a towel on the floor and you lift your heels up onto it to simulate some more of that mobility to get low and you hold a 25 pound plate out in front of you.
直到你能无痛地下蹲。
You get where you can lower down pain free in a squat.
比如用5次有控制的下降动作。
Let's say five reps controlling down.
好。
K.
现在假设你持45磅的杠铃片,不用完全前伸,只需放在膝盖前方。
Now let's say you hold a 45 pound plate, not all the way out in front of you, just in front of your knees.
目标是能无痛完成5次动作。
Get to where that's pain free five reps, let's say.
现在你握着一个45磅或更重的壶铃,不要离身体太远,大约在大腿上方位置。
And now you hold a 45 or more pound kettlebell, not far out in front of you, but kind of above your thighs now.
更靠近你的重心。
Closer to your center of gravity.
对。
Yeah.
然后根据个人目标,比那更近的可能是胸前的杠铃。
And then depending on a person's goals, what would be even closer than that would be a bar on front.
所以根据运动目标,我发现所有学生都需要能做到无痛地持壶铃深蹲。
So depending on sports goals, I find with all students, I want them to be able to hold a kettlebell and get down in a deep squat without pain.
这是个很好的目标——我得蹲下去抱一个、两个孩子。
That's a pretty good I have to get down and pick up one kid, two kids.
我第三个孩子也快出生了。
I got a third kid on the way.
我喜欢说,我必须得能蹲下去。
I like, I have to squat down.
因为如果你要抱两个幼儿,就不能只弯腰。
Because if you gotta pick up two toddlers, you can't just bend your back over.
抱一个可以那样。
You can for one.
想象同时抱起两个小身体。
Think about trying to pick up two little bodies.
你得做个深蹲。
You got a deep squat.
所以我负重完成了一个深蹲。
So I got a deep squat with some load.
说每个人都必须做杠铃深蹲,这并不正确,但我认为一个基本目标应该是每个人都能无痛地持壶铃完成全蹲。
Saying everyone has to barbell squat, that's just not true, but I do think it'd be a common sense goal for everyone to be able to hold a kettlebell and squat all the way down without pain.
如果我说的有误请指正,但我想再谈谈分腿蹲这个话题。
I want you to fact check me if I'm off base here, but I would like to come back to the split squat for a second.
嗯。
Mhmm.
特别是前脚抬高的那种。
Particularly with that front foot elevated.
想象你家里有个地方——我随便举例——比如有个台阶。
So imagine that you had some place in your house, I'm making this up, where there's one step up.
可能是从客厅到厨房的过渡处,或者反过来。
Maybe it's from, like, living room to the kitchen or vice versa.
也可以像之前那样用两块厚的45磅杠铃片(类似缓冲片那种)。
Could just as easily as we did earlier be, like, two thick 45 pound plates if they're kinda like the bumper plate style.
无论用什么,大概6到8英寸高,具体高度视情况而定。
So whatever that might be, six to eight inches, whatever the the height happens to be.
一只脚踩在上面,另一条腿尽量往后伸到无痛位置,然后下蹲到动作范围内无痛的幅度。
You've got one foot on that, then you have your other leg as far back as is pain free, and you go down into a squat to the extent that you can be pain free in that range of motion.
如果你循序渐进,可能很快就能自然做到——这时前膝盖会明显超过脚尖。
And your knee, if you build up to it, maybe you'll get there naturally quickly, your front knee is gonna project way over your toes.
我之所以要重提这个动作,一是因为它让我受益匪浅,极大缓解了我的背部疼痛。
And the reason that I wanted to come back to this is, a, because I've derived so much value from this and so much pain reduction in the back.
第三点是从动作形态角度考虑,我不希望从未尝试过深度深蹲的人直接开始练习,导致他们在深蹲最低点时下背部弯曲。
And the third is from a form perspective, I wouldn't want people who have never explored really deep squatting to jump into doing squatting where they're rounding the low back at the bottom most portion of the squat.
为了让听众更直观理解,或许他们听过这些术语——想象你的髋部和骨盆像一杯红酒,如果酒液向前倾洒,那就是骨盆前倾。
So just to paint a picture for folks, maybe they've heard these terms, but if you imagine your hips, your pelvis, like a glass of wine, if you're pouring wine out the front, that's anterior pelvic tilt.
如果酒液向后倾洒,那就是骨盆后倾。
If you're pouring wine out the back, that's posterior pelvic tilt.
当你进行深蹲到底部时,特别是负重杠铃的情况下,如果出现严重骨盆后倾(有人称之为底部翘臀动作),这可能会造成严重伤害。
If you go into the bottom of a squat, especially if you're loading yourself up with a barbell or something, and you have a lot of posterior pelvic tilt, some people call that the butt wank at the bottom, you can really hurt yourself.
我曾经就犯过这个错误。
And I was guilty of that at one point.
我注重动作安全性,当然也不想把任何训练说得完全没有风险。
And I like the safety profile, and I don't wanna make anything sound risk free, of course.
但在我见过的所有训练中,特别是控制速度的前脚抬高分腿蹲,要做出会导致受伤的致命错误动作反而更难。
But of all the exercises that I've seen, especially under control, slow cadence, the front foot elevated split squat, it seems harder to commit cardinal sins where you're gonna injure yourself.
这个说法合理吗?
Is that a fair statement?
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
我认为是的。
I think so.
这是为那些听得一头雾水的听众解释的。
And that was for someone listening who is confused on what we're talking about.
对。
Yeah.
现在你明白我19岁时没有视觉参考,自己摸索时的处境了。
Now you understand where I was when I was 19, trying to figure this out without seeing visuals.
是啊。
Yeah.
迄今为止,我制作了最多关于如何操作的免费分步视频,没错。
So I have by far made the most step by step free videos on how to do that Yep.
以及如何使用——我是说,楼梯间几乎是完美的训练设备。
And how to use I mean, a stairwell is a near perfect device.
你可以扶住栏杆保持平衡来减轻负荷。
You have balance to hold on to reduce the load.
还有可调节高度的台阶可以使用。
You have scalable steps to use.
这就是我最初采用的方法。
Which is what I did in the beginning.
我把前脚放在两级台阶上,单手扶着栏杆,然后就这样逐步往下练。
I had my front foot two steps up, holding onto a railing with one hand, and then just work the way down.
我妈妈主要就是这么练的。
That's how my mom has mostly done them.
她71岁了。
She's 71.
要是看见她冲刺的样子,你绝对会怀疑:这得查下出生证明吧。
If you see her sprint, it's like, I'm gonna need to see a birth certificate.
太疯狂了。
That's wild.
71岁,你妈妈
71, your mom
我妈妈更令人印象深刻。
gets My mom the is more impressive.
比如,我努力过。
Like, I try.
我无法做到像我妈妈那样,只要她一开口就能获得更多关注。
I can't get my mom can get more views than I can when I talk
所以,为了发声,这个想法突然浮现在我脑海。
So to just to give voice, certainly this pops into my mind.
我当时就想,等等。
I'm like, wait a second.
好吧。
Alright.
所以你来自纯种基因血统吗?
So do you just come from thoroughbred genetic stock?
我是说,这听起来有点离谱。
I mean, this this sounds kind of outrageous.
我是说,你妈妈这辈子都在冲刺吗?
I mean, has your mom been sprinting her whole life?
她有没有过做不到的时期?
Did she have a period where she couldn't do it?
我开始训练她是因为她的髋关节在退化。
I started training her because her hips were deteriorating.
后来她摔了一跤,髋关节开始出现慢性问题。
She then had a fall, sort of chronic hip issue began.
就这样,我已经训练我妈妈快八年了。
And so I've been training my mom for going on eight years.
最后我去了自己的健身房。
And I wound up at my gym.
我开设了完整的女性课程,学员有各个年龄段的——奶奶辈的、年轻妈妈们,各种年龄层都有。
I had a whole women's class, people of all ages, grandmas, young moms, everything in between.
而我爸爸更像我自己,属于脆弱先生那种类型。
And then my dad is more like me, mister fragile.
骨折、膝盖问题、膝关节撕裂。
The broken bones, the knees, the knee tears.
这可以成为我新播客的名字,《脆弱先生秀》。
That'll be my new podcast name, the mister fragile show.
当
When
小时候,我参加过一个速度训练班想跑得更快,他也跟着我一起报名了。
I was a kid, I went to a speed class to try to get faster, and he signed up with me.
这是个青少年速度训练班,所以没有热身环节的安排。
And this is a a youth speed class, so there was no warm up structure.
直接就开始了,好吧,第一轮跑步。
It was just, okay, here's the first run.
天啊。
Boy.
哦,天啊。
Oh, boy.
他还没迈出第二步就拉伤了腿筋。
And he didn't get to his second step and pulled his hamstring.
是啊。
Yeah.
更多是从他脆弱的那一侧发力。
Come more from his fragile side.
对。
Yeah.
我妈妈在办公桌前工作了五十年,所以我们真的不知道她年轻时跑步表现如何。
My mom's been working from a desk for fifty years, so we don't really know what she ran when she was a young girl.
可能挺有运动天赋的,但没有持续从事体育项目,总体饮食健康之类的。
Probably pretty athletic, but didn't, like, keep doing sports or anything and generally ate well, stuff like that.
但现在她的髋关节正在退化。
But now the hip is deteriorating.
记得有次她摔倒后我去探望,我当时真的很担心。
I remember going to visit her after she had a fall, and I'm like, I was getting worried.
后来让她开始来健身房,结果她爱上了雪橇训练。
Had her start coming to the gym, so she fell in love with the sled.
八年来,她一直定期进行雪橇训练。
Eight years, she's been sledding regularly.
她的训练计划非常温和。
She's very gentle with her program.
每天大概只练十到十五分钟。
She spends maybe ten, fifteen minutes a day.
同样地,我每周只锻炼两次。
And similarly, I work out only twice a week.
对我来说有点不同,因为我要照顾幼儿、经营生意,所以我知道每周只能挤出两次锻炼时间。
It's a bit different for me because I'm raising toddlers, running a business, so it's like I know I can carve out my time to exercise twice a week.
我和我妈妈基本上做同样的运动,只是强度不同。
Me and my mom, we do all the same exercises, basically, just at different levels.
但她认为分腿深蹲改善了她的髋部问题。
But that split squat, she credits with fixing her hip problems.
她现在和孙子们玩时活动能力很好。
She's got great mobility with the grandkids.
她慢慢引导我父亲参与,所以我父亲会做不同部分的训练来缓解旧伤疼痛之类的问题。
She slowly coax my dad along, so my dad does different pieces of the programming to fix up old pains and stuff.
所以这其中有部分良好的基因因素。
So there's some mixture of good genetics.
当然不像...我父亲从来没能摸到篮筐之类的。
Definitely not like, my dad never was able to grab the rim or anything like that.
我也一样。
And I was the same.
比如在篮球方面。
Like, I In basketball.
我整个高中时期都摸不到篮筐。
I went through my high school career unable to grab the rim.
现在虽然没什么证据,不过好吧,我都34岁了。
And now not that much proof, but okay, I'm 34.
我扣篮超过十年了,膝盖从没出过问题。
I've been dunking for over a decade without having a knee problem.
我就是那个在水泥球场上拍你扣篮视频的人。
I was your your video guy filming me dunking out on that concrete court.
对我来说,关键在于我能上场打球,这就是我训练的目的。
And for me, it's the fact that I can go play, and that's what I train for.
我们其实从基因角度并不清楚。
We don't really know genetically.
我的基因到底是好是坏?
Do I have good genetics, bad genetics?
大概在...对的。
Somewhere in the Yeah.
我不是要
I'm not trying
对...
to Yeah.
更像是看我71岁的老妈在冲刺。
Just it was more like my 71 year old mom is sprinting.
我当时就想,等等。
I'm like, wait a minute.
先屏住呼吸。
Hold the breath.
我就是想理清这个,所以谢谢你提到这点。
I just wanted to unpack that, so thank you for that.
如果我问你妈妈,好吧,你只能选三到四个训练动作,就这些,然后坚持下去。
If I were to ask your mom, alright, you can only pick three or four exercises, that's it, that you get to continue with.
你有八年的时间去试错和尝试各种方法。
You've had eight years to trial and error and try a bunch of stuff.
你觉得她会从这三四个动作中选哪些?
What do you think she would respond with of the, like, three or four?
我知道她会做雪橇车的前后推拉训练。
I know she would do the sled forward and backward.
这已成为她健身房的日常项目,她一直坚持到现在。
That became way of life at her gym, she's kept it up ever since.
我知道她会做全程幅度的动作,具体含义因人而异。
I know she would do that full range of motion, which varies based on the person what that means.
但关键不在于半途而废,而是要充分发挥你的柔韧性。
But where you're not stopping short, you're embracing your flexibility.
全程幅度的分腿深蹲。
Full range of motion split squat.
我知道这两项会是她的首选,然后她还会加入一些后链训练动作。
I know those would be her top two, and then I know she would throw something in for the posterior.
我得问问她最喜欢哪个动作。
I'll have to ask her what is her favorite.
今天视频里我展示了三种主要的后链训练动作。
Today, in the video, I showed the three main different posterior exercises.
你总得大胆猜一下。
You just had to hazard a guess.
你觉得她会选择什么?
What do you think she might choose?
我认为她会选择我们使用背部伸展机的方式,因为她长期伏案工作。特别是当你做那个全分腿深蹲时,既能拉伸髋部前侧,又能收紧臀肌,这样就能调整骨盆位置。无论一个人是后倾还是前倾,这个动作似乎对所有人都有效,因为它能兼顾到两侧的平衡。
I think she would choose the way that we use that back extension machine because she works from a desk, and so particularly when you put that full split squat, which stretches the front of the hip with then where you're getting to squeeze those glutes, that sets that pelvis that it's almost like whether someone has posterior or anterior, it seems to benefit everyone because you're getting both sides of that equation.
我觉得她会选那个动作。
I think she would do that one.
好的。
Alright.
再次提醒大家,我们会附上所有链接,你们还能看到置顶视频。
And, again, just a reminder for folks, we're gonna link to everything, and you're gonna have videos pinned.
只需在各平台搜索“膝盖过脚尖的家伙”就行。
And just search knees over toes guy for all the platforms Yeah.
你就能找到那些内容。
And you'll find those.
你还从Poliquin那里学到了什么?
What else did you pick up from Poliquin?
如果想到什么,我们就从那里开始,然后我再和你交换意见。
If anything comes to mind, let's start there, and then I'll trade with you.
太多精华了。
So many gems.
这个问题很难回答。
That's a tough question.
确实。
It is.
很遗憾,查尔斯已经离我们而去了。
Sadly, Charles is no longer with us.
几乎在他去世后立即就接到了电话通知,这非常令人悲伤,是个悲剧,发生得太早了。
Got the phone call about it pretty much immediately after he died, which was very sad, very tragic, way too early.
但你还想到其他什么吗?
But anything else come to mind?
好的。
Okay.
如果你想的话,可以给你争取些时间。
Could buy you some time if you want.
他当时正试图精通所有领域,从帮助健美运动员到运动员。
He was trying to master everything from he was helping bodybuilders, athletes.
他只告诉过我一次,那时我终于有钱也有自由去见他,他来美国办研讨会时说的,那是在他生命的最后阶段。
The thing he told me so only one time when I finally had the money and freedom to go see, he came to America, did seminar, and he said this was towards the end.
他说,唯一的遗憾就是没有更早开始研究柔韧性训练。
And he says, only regret was not getting into flexibility sooner.
你知道他是力量知识的宝库,很多力量训练都与动作幅度相关。
And you know he was a wealth of strength knowledge, a lot of that strength relating to range of motion.
这确实对我产生了深远影响,如果泰迪·韦斯特科提能更早接触这个领域,以及我所理解的肌肉阻滞理论,你就能看出我的训练风格。
That definitely left an impact on me Teddy Westchotti had gotten into that sooner, and the occlusions that I've come to is you can see my style of training.
我的拉伸方式不同于常规认知,但核心理念是让你的力量和柔韧性达到和谐,使你在柔韧的姿势中也能感受到力量。
The way I stretch wouldn't be how someone would normally think of stretching, but just the idea of your strength and your flexibility, really getting those into harmony to where the positions that you're flexible and you feel strong in those positions.
所以我现在对此进行了深入探索,相比之下,你看,人们在健美、力量举、壮汉运动这些领域会有更多经验。
And so I've really explored that deeply now compared to, let's say, look, people are gonna have way more experience in bodybuilding, powerlifting, strong men, these kind of things.
查尔斯在那方面的经验远比我丰富。
And Charles had way more experience there than me.
所以我认为,如果有人浏览我的页面并看到我的训练风格,就会觉得那正是我所需要的精华,它现在给了我热爱的训练体系。
So I think that was if someone goes to my pages and sees the style that I train, I feel like that was the gem that was just what I needed that gave me now, like, the systems that I love.
同时获得力量、柔韧性或灵活性以及协调性,有时意味着你要同时训练这两方面。
And also getting strength and flexibility or mobility and harmony can sometimes mean that you're training both at the same time.
通常就是这个意思。
Often can mean that.
我们早些时候在录制,虽然我不可能在劈叉队里拿金牌,但考虑到所有因素,我的活动范围还是相当不错的。
And we were recording earlier and not that I'm gonna win any gold medals in the split squad, but, like, my range of motion's pretty good, all things considered.
我把这归功于持续运动,录制时我还特别提到了他。
And I credit that to doing the movement, and also I gave him a shout out when we were recording.
杰西·格雷格特——该表扬就要表扬——他保持或曾经保持过多项大师级奥运举重的世界纪录。
Jersey Gregertte, some credit where credit is due, who holds multiple world records or did in Masters Olympic weightlifting.
哇。
Wow.
他现在就算没到70岁,也快70了。
He is he's gotta be close to 70, if not 70 now.
他至今还能站在平衡板上,像在印多板上那样,用完全加载的杠铃,在他这个年纪完成一个深蹲奥运抓举。
He can still do he can stand on a balance board like an Indo board, the fully loaded barbell, and do an ass to heels Olympic snatch at his age.
这简直难以置信。
It is unbelievable.
他的妻子也保持了几项世界纪录。
His wife also holds a few world records.
她也能做到同样的事。
She can do the same thing.
他们持久的运动能力简直不可思议。
Their sustained athleticism is just beyond incredible.
至于脚踝灵活性训练,他让我每分钟做一到两次过头深蹲。
And for ankle mobility, he had me doing basically one or two reps on the minute overhead squats.
所以我举着杠铃过头顶,但重量很轻,两边可能只加了五磅。
So I'm holding a barbell overhead, but we're talking bar, maybe plus five pounds on either side, very lightweights.
每分钟只做一次动作,持续十到二十分钟。
Just doing one rep on the minute for, like, ten to twenty minutes.
就这样。
That's it.
通过这种'润滑关节'的训练方式,我从几乎零脚踝活动度、多次受伤、侧向稳定性极差的状态,进步到能完成我们之前展示的动作——说实话那已经是训练多年后的成果了。
And by greasing the groove in that way, I went from basically zero ankle mobility, lots of injuries, still a lot of lateral instability, to being able to do what we did earlier, which is frankly years after I did that training.
效果出奇地持久,这很神奇。
It's been really durable, which is wild.
我注意到你反复强调的观点是:大多数事情根本不需要过度训练,比如隔天做一小时力量训练再加每天或隔天一小时拉伸。
One of the points that I hear you making that I see reflected in a lot of what you do is that you don't necessarily have to do you absolutely don't have to do for most things, like an hour of strength training every other day plus an hour of stretching every day or every other day.
对绝大多数人来说完全没必要那样。
You just do not that is not necessary for most people at all.
当你把所有训练项目都塞进去并投入大量时间时,受伤风险也会大幅增加。
Like, the surface area for injury goes up also when you're throwing everything in the kitchen sink with lots and lots of hours.
当然,我记得早年与查尔斯的对话中,我们常讨论那些体脂率6%的职业运动员,比如NFL球员。
And certainly, I mean, I had conversations with Charles back in the day where we would talk about some of these professional athletes, let's just say NFL players, who have 6% body fat.
要知道,他们摧毁了联合收割机。
You know, they destroyed the combine.
这些人简直是天才,我总想问他们:他们平时到底吃什么?
They're these absolute phenoms, and I would ask them, what do they what do they eat for their diet?
他会说:早餐吃温迪,午餐吃汉堡王,晚餐吃麦当劳。
And he'd be like, oh, Wendy's for breakfast, Burger King for lunch, McDonald's for dinner.
我的意思是,你必须非常小心,不要以变异人为训练模板。
I mean, you have to be very careful that you're not modeling your training on mutants.
那我就从查尔斯身上举几个例子吧。
So I'll I'll just pull out a couple of things from Charles.
我最初认识查尔斯是因为他读完我的第一本书《每周工作四小时》后联系了我,他把书中的方法大量应用到了自己的事业和效率提升中。
So I first met Charles because he reached out to me after reading The four Hour Workweek, my first book, and he had applied a lot of it to his business and his productivity.
我想当时他没意识到,其实我早就通过杂志接触过他的大量作品,就像你们早年那样。
And I think at the time, he didn't realize this, but I had been exposed to tons of his stuff just as you had through magazines way back in the day.
他联系我时说:你肯定不认识我。
And he reached out, and he's like, you don't know who I am.
我回答:其实挺有意思的,我确实知道你是谁。
And I was like, well, actually, that's funny because I do know I do know who you are.
后来我们建立了联系,查尔斯最终出现在了《每周健身四小时》里。
And then we connected, and Charles ended up in the four hour body.
是他向我介绍了肌筋膜放松术和主动释放技术。
He introduced me to myofascial release and active release technique.
《每周健身四小时》里有几张关于肩关节内旋的前后对比照片,效果简直不可思议。
And there's some before and after photos with internal rotation on the shoulder in the four hour body that are unbelievable.
这些动作看起来像是刻意安排的,因为活动幅度的提升实在太显著了。
They look like they were staged because the the gains in range of motion are so significant.
他在很多事情上都是正确的。
He was right about so many things.
虽然并非全对,但查尔斯做的许多事情后来都通过运动科学等领域的实验和数据收集得到了验证。
Wasn't right about everything, but there are so many things that Charles did that ended up being proven out through studies and data collection later in exercise science and other fields.
这相当了不起。
It's pretty remarkable.
我是说,他确实搞对了很多事情。
I mean, he got a lot of things right.
他是如此专注。
He was so dedicated.
具体数字我忘了,但他学了一大堆语言就为了能... 嗯。
I forget the exact number, but he learned a bunch of different languages just so that he could Yeah.
基本上涵盖了所有关于运动的文献资料。
Essentially everything that had been written about exercise.
是啊。
Yeah.
用原文语言。
In in the source language.
没错。
Right.
真是个狂人。
What a maniac.
而且,脾气暴躁得要命。
Also, cantankerous as fuck.
天啊。
Oh my god.
他当时可真是气急败坏。
He was so salty.
但你知道,这也是他魅力的一部分。
And, you know, part of his charm.
独一无二的存在。
One of a kind.
还有谁影响了你在运动和训练方面的理念?
Who else has influenced your thinking on exercise and movement?
就整体而言,你的训练方式。
Just broadly speaking, your way of training.
查尔斯在引用所学来源方面做得非常地道。
Charles was really cool about crediting where he learned different things.
因此我也延续了这个习惯,同时让我意识到:不同领域都可能藏着真正的瑰宝。
And so that's something I've kept in, and it also gave me the idea that, like, okay, there might be real gems in quite a few areas.
我知道你提到过体操吊环。
So I know you've talked about gymnastic rings.
好的。
Okay.
我用体操吊环做划船和引体向上,每周各做一组直到力竭。
Doing rows and pull ups with gymnastics rings, I do one set to burn out of each per week.
这为我节省了大量时间,并让我的上背部达到了目标中的平衡状态。
That saves me so much time and gives me a pretty balanced upper back for my goals.
所以说,保罗·阿奎因虽然没有直接教我,但他的学习理念本身就是个宝藏。
So, like, there's a gem that Paul Aquin didn't teach me, but his general mindset of learning.
我只是
I'm just
要暂停一下,请你重复之前告诉过我的事情。
gonna pause to ask you to repeat something you told me earlier.
查尔斯是从哪里发现反向拉雪橇训练的?
Where did Charles figure out the backwards sled pulling?
哦,天哪。
Oh, man.
真是个酷炫的故事。
Such a cool story.
如果你想聊聊从非常规渠道获取灵感的话。
If you wanna talk about pulling from unusual places.
是啊。
Yeah.
于是查尔斯直接去了源头——俄亥俄州的西岸杠铃俱乐部,那里由路易·西蒙斯领导,他培养出了世界上最强的力量举选手。路易当时很嫉妒芬兰力量举选手的深蹲能力,而对方透露他们的秘密武器是日常工作——拖运木材。
So Charles went to the source, Westside Barbell in Ohio, led by Louie Simmons, who was creating the strongest power lifters in the world, and Louis was jealous of these Finland power lifters of their squats, and they said that their secret weapon was their day job was dragging trees.
因此路易发明了拖重物训练法,后来这成了西岸杠铃俱乐部的一种生活方式。
So Louis invented the idea of dragging weight as a form of exercise, and then that became a way of life at Westside Barbell.
路易·西蒙斯的弟子之一戴夫·泰特(如果你听说过Elite FTS公司,他们制造了Prowler式滑橇)创造了各种了不起的装备。
One of Louis Simmons' disciples, Dave Tate, who made the if you've heard of Elite FTS, they made the Prowler style slide, all kinds of amazing stuff.
实际上我两周后就要第一次去见戴夫了。
I'm gonna see Dave in in two weeks actually for the first time.
戴夫有句名言,大意是我们没有热身环节。
Dave has a quote that's like, we didn't have warm ups.
路易斯·西蒙斯直接告诉他:嘿,训练前先去停车场拖雪橇。
It was Louis Simmons just telling him, hey, before you train, go out to the parking lot and drag the sled.
他的原话是:我们压根没有热身这破玩意儿。
He's like, we didn't have shit called warm ups.
那玩意儿叫训练前该做的事。
It was called the stuff you do before you train.
人们会问:要做多久?
And people are like, how long?
多少组多少次?
How many sets and reps?
不知道。
I don't know.
就是在停车场来回拖若干次。
It was x amount of times down the parking lot.
哦,停车场有多长?
Oh, how long was the parking lot?
不知道。
Don't know.
所以这段历史还挺酷的。
So it cool, the history there.
但查尔斯·波利奎因直接追本溯源的做法很酷。
But it's cool how Charles Poliquin would just go to the source.
他会去欧洲、俄亥俄或任何地方的源头寻找答案。
He'd go to the source in Europe or Ohio or wherever it was.
他会追本溯源,就像我告诉你的那样,那篇关于他用反向雪橇为奥运选手做膝盖康复的文章,某种程度上为我打开了这扇门。
He would go to the source, and then it was like I told you, it was this article of where he used the backward sled for knee rehab for this Olympic athlete that kind of gave me a stepping stone to all this stuff.
是啊。
Yeah.
如果大家还想查阅路易斯·西蒙斯的网络文章,至今仍能找到许多精彩片段和他的大量著作。
If people also want to look up Louis Simmons and his writing online, lot of amazing tidbits to be found to this day and a lot of his writing.
西岸杠铃俱乐部曾几何时就是座'变种人'工厂——当然也存在选择偏差,毕竟人们是专程来这个'圣地'训练的。
And Westside Barball for a period of time, it was just one of those factories for mutants that and, of course, there's some selection bias if people are traveling to the Mecca to station themselves there to train.
确实存在些选择偏差,但成效实在惊人。
There's a little bit of selection bias, but the results were just so incredible.
无论是打破世界纪录的数量,还是创新技术——比如用铁链在硬拉等动作的强力阶段增加阻力,还有弹力带等等。
And the number of world records broken and the number of innovations, whether that's say chains to provide more resistance as you get into stronger ranges of motion with whether it's deadlift or anything else, I mean, bands and so on.
现在健身房普遍应用的很多技术都发源于此,或至少是在那里形成体系化的。
I mean, a lot of what you see that is propagated throughout the gym universe started there, or at least was codified and sort of formalized in some way there.
这个例子确实很棒。
So that was a great one.
我觉得漏掉这个例子就不完整了。
One that I think would be inaccurate if we missed.
有位叫鲍勃·加伊达(Bob Gajda)的健美运动员,拼写是g a j d a。
There was a bodybuilder named Bob Gajda, g a j d a.
鲍勃?
Bob?
不认识这个人。
Don't know that name.
加伊达。
Gajda.
好吧。
Okay.
他是宇宙先生,就在健美运动真正兴起之前。
He was mister universe, like, right before bodybuilding really blew up.
这些都是他的原话。
And now these are his words.
他在芝加哥基督教青年会工作。
He worked at the Chicago YMCA.
他的热情是帮助孩子们远离街头、远离毒品,投身健美运动。
His passion was helping get kids off the streets, off drugs, doing bodybuilding.
他是宇宙先生。
He's mister universe.
有一天他走进更衣室,看到有人在注射毒品和类固醇。
He goes into the lockers one days and sees people shooting up drugs, steroids.
这算是类固醇使用的开端。
Like, this was the beginning of steroids.
当我说这个时,人们的反应都是'哦,不会吧'。
When I say this, people are like, oh, no.
鲍勃也曾服用类固醇。
Bob was on steroids too.
看吧。
Look.
这就是鲍勃的故事。
This is Bob's story.
关于鲍勃的故事,你可以查到的是他在巅峰时期——奥林匹亚先生大赛时选择了退出。
Bob's story, what you can look up is he was mister Olympia when he quit.
没多少人会在那种时候退出,你猜当时他正面临什么机遇?
Not a lot of people are gonna quit right when guess what he was getting offered?
首批蛋白奶昔代言合约。
The first protein shake deals.
所以他当时从事的事业并不赚钱。
So there wasn't money in what he was doing.
突然间,什么行业开始赚钱了?
All of a sudden, there was money in what?
健美行业。
In bodybuilding.
当其他人都在用类固醇时,他却退出了。
And guys were doing steroids, and he quit.
当有人拒绝金钱时,我觉得这背后...你知道的,我相信他所说的话。
When someone turns down money, I feel like there's a you know, I believe what he's saying.
后来他转而投身于——某种程度上类似我的热情所在——帮助人们在享受生活的同时避免身体垮掉。
And he wound up then getting into sort of like my passion of helping people enjoy life without breaking down.
他发明了这个装置,并称之为DARD,d a r d。
And he invented this device that he called a DARD, d a r d.
我想应该是动态轴向阻力装置。
I think it was dynamic axial resistance device.
明白吗?
K?
随口一提。
Rolls off the top.
它没流行起来。
It didn't catch on.
到我研究这个的时候,市面上已经买不到了。
It didn't by the time I was studying this, you couldn't even buy it anywhere.
没能发展成一门成功的生意。
Didn't turn into a business that worked out.
但它能让你做与提踵相反的动作,强化前胫肌群。
But it allowed you to do the opposite of a calf raise and strengthen the front chin muscles.
哦,明白了。
Oh, got it.
胫骨前肌。
Tibialis anterior.
对。
Yeah.
所以我有个非常规训练方式——查尔斯·波利奎因练过小腿肌,也练过胫骨肌。
So one of the things I do that's really unusual and Charles Poliquin did calf training, did tibialis training.
很多教练都这么做过。
Lots of coaches have done this.
鲍勃是创始人,对我影响深远。
Bob was the creator and really had a big impact on me.
在我的训练方式中——此前从未见人这样做——我从雪橇前后阻力训练过渡到小腿肌肉训练。
And in my workout style, which I hadn't seen anyone doing, I go from the resistance forward and backward with the sled to then working my lower leg muscles.
用雪橇训练时,你需要通过双脚以各种方式推进。
So with the sledding, you're pushing through your feet in various ways.
我的意思是,你正在锻炼各种部位。
I mean, you're working all kinds of stuff.
我当时的心态是:好吧。
My mindset was like, okay.
让身体前后移动,然后从下至上开始调整身体。
Move the body forward and backward, then start addressing the body from the ground up.
在进入膝盖训练前先加强其他部位——我发现在雪橇训练后做小腿训练,能在膝盖训练前获得额外的脱敏效果。
Let's get some extra built like, before we even get into the knees, I found extra desensitization before getting into the knee work by doing the lower leg work after the sled work.
也许只是因为雪橇训练让腿部灼热,之后能稍作休息。
Maybe it was just because the sled burns your legs and you get a little break.
但我们不能说胫骨前后侧多些能力是坏事。
But we can't say it's a bad thing to have some extra ability in the front and back of our shins.
当时有家器材公司联系我,那时‘膝盖过脚尖’训练法刚开始在社交媒体上走红。
And so an equipment company reached out, said, like, this is when the knees over toes guy was starting to catch on on social media.
你觉得还有什么应该存在但尚未出现的东西吗?
Like, is there anything that doesn't exist that you think should exist?
我就说,对。
I'm like, yeah.
就是说应该有这些dard杠,但我让他叫它tib杠,这样对大家来说更简单,因为这是前侧胫骨肌。
Like, there should be these dard bars, but I told him to call it a tib bar to make it simple for people because it's the anterior front tibialis.
胫骨就是你的小腿骨
Tibia is your shin
随便叫它dard也行。
Just calling something a dard also.
我我我要下地狱了,但我是说,这这这真的很难推销出去。
I'm I'm going to hell, but I mean, it's it's it's a hard one to sell.
是啊。
Yeah.
所以通过膝盖过脚尖训练法,我意识到,好吧,我在帮助人们理解这方面还挺有一套的。
So with the knees over toes guy stuff, I could see, okay, I've got a pretty good skill here at helping people understand stuff.
我觉得叫Tib杠不错。
I think Tib Bar.
现在它已经是个相当常见的器械了。
And and now it's a pretty common device.
你甚至可以在亚马逊上买到Tib杠。
Like, you can even go on Amazon and buy Tib Bars.
我是说,现在大概有10个卖家在卖。
I mean, there's, like, 10 sellers now.
我的价格绝对是美国制造Tib杠里最低的。
I have the, by far, the lowest price for an American made Tib bar.
我卖的Tib bars不是最多的。
I don't sell the most Tib bars.
几乎我在美国制造的任何东西,在中国仿制的人都能赚更多钱。
Pretty much anything that I make in America, someone's gonna make more money copying in China.
一开始这确实让人恼火,但现在我觉得这其实挺酷的。
And that's actually at first, it seemed annoying, but now I'm like, it's actually pretty cool.
就像,大家都赢了。
Like, everyone wins.
我可以通过坚持美国制造过上不错的生活,但人们会因为美国制造价格更高而去仿制。
I can make a nice living pursuing American made on everything I do, and, like, people are gonna copy it because the price is gonna be higher, American made.
好吧。
Alright.
大家都走了。
Everyone went.
你可以从中国制造商那里买到更便宜的,但这不意味着我的所有产品都是美国制造。
You can get it cheaper from someone making it in China, and that doesn't mean all my stuff is made in America.
我正在努力让我所有的产品都变成美国制造。
I'm pursuing all my stuff made in America.
我网站上所有东西都明码标价,不跟消费者玩花样。
And anything on my website, I don't play games with people.
标着ATG USA的,
It says ATG USA.
你就知道这肯定是美国制造的。
Then you know if it says that, it's made in America.
这真是个很棒的设备,尤其适合康复训练。
So this was a really cool device, particularly for rehab.
但即便对我而言,就像我在视频里展示的,你可以不用任何器材,只需臀部靠墙,踮起脚尖保持一会儿直到力竭,就能完成反向提踵和胫骨肌提升动作。
But even for me, like what I showed you in my video, you can put a butt against the wall with no equipment whatsoever, raise your toes, and do that for a while, and burn out, and get a reverse calf raise, a tibialis raise.
对。
Yeah.
我就给大家简单描述下场景。
If you basically I'll just paint a picture for folks.
假设你背对墙壁站立,脚跟距离墙面大概一英尺。
So if you have your you're standing facing away from a wall, maybe your heels are a foot away from the wall.
你的脚跟?
Your heels?
一到两英尺。
One to two feet.
对。
Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah.
一到两英尺。
One to two feet.
然后你向后靠向墙壁。
Then you lean back against the wall.
现在让你的上背部离开墙面,这样只有臀部和下背部贴着墙。
Now take your upper back off of the wall, so it's just kind of your hips and low back against the wall.
所以你没有作弊。
So you're not cheating.
你的腿是锁定的。
Your legs are locked.
对吧?
Right?
你的膝盖锁定后,尽可能地将脚尖向上抬起。
Your knees are locked, and then you're lifting your toes to the greatest extent that you can.
你补充的另一个要点让我恍然大悟——这确实非常聪明,尤其对我这种双脚踝所有韧带都曾撕裂过的人来说特别有帮助(早年练太多跟勾技术造成的)。先尽量抬高脚掌,然后小脚趾侧下压,再抬起换大脚趾侧下压,如此交替进行,我觉得这对改善我的侧向稳定性问题也很有帮助。
And the nest point that you added to that where I was like, oh, that's actually very smart, and it's particularly, I would say, helpful for someone like me who's I've basically torn everything in both ankles, too many heel hooks and nonsense way back in the day, that basically lifting the foot as much as possible then going down on the pinky side, then coming up and going down on the big toe side and alternating back and forth like that, I could see helping also with some of the lateral stability issues that I have.
快速感谢一下我们的赞助商,节目马上回来。
Just a quick thanks to one of our sponsors, and we'll be right back to the show.
肌酸不仅对肌肉有益。
Creatine isn't just for muscle.
它是大脑和身体日常必需的能量来源,对长期表现至关重要。
It's essential daily fuel for your brain, your body, and long term performance.
我的家族有阿尔茨海默症和痴呆症病史。
For me, I have Alzheimer's and dementia risk in my family.
正是认知改善的益处让我坚持每天服用肌酸。
The cognitive benefits are the reason I take creatine every single day.
而本期节目的赞助商Momentous,正是肌酸产品的黄金标准。
And today's episode sponsor, Momentous, is the gold standard in creatine.
市面上浮夸宣传很多,但我选择了他们。
There's a lot of BS floating around, but I choose them.
为什么?
Why?
因为他们采用的是CreaPure肌酸,市面上最纯净、最有效的一水肌酸。
Because they source CreaPure creatine, the purest, most effective creatine monohydrate available.
所以如果你对肌酸一直好奇,现在正是你重新开始或首次尝试的最佳时机。
So if you've been curious about creatine, this is your moment to get back on track or try it for the first time.
Momentous现在也推出了Momentous肌酸咀嚼片。
Momentous is also now introducing the Momentous Creatine chews.
每片咀嚼片含有一克纯净的CreaPure一水肌酸。
Each chew delivers one gram of pure CreaPure Creatine Monohydrate.
我原本对这些咀嚼片持怀疑态度。
I was skeptical of these chews.
我当时想,我绝对不会用这些东西。
I was like, I'm never gonna use these.
结果发现我一直在用它们。
It turns out that I use them all the time.
它们超级方便,并且获得了NSF运动认证,让你无需繁琐操作就能获得黄金标准的纯净度。
They're super convenient, and they are NSF certified for sports, so you get the gold standard purity without all the mess.
访问livemomentous.com,使用优惠码Tim,首单可享高达35%的折扣。
Head to livemomentous.com and use code Tim for up to 35% off of your first order.
我们在录制前聊了聊你的一些不同装备,我告诉过你我真的很喜欢你的腕力棒。
So we were chatting a bit before recording about some of your different pieces of equipment, and I told you that I really liked your wrist bar.
这个腕力棒就像接力赛中传递的接力棒,但一端加粗到足够握持的厚度。
So the wrist bar is imagine a baton like you would hand off to someone in a relay race, but at one end, half of it is thick enough.
我不知道具体的直径是多少。
I don't know what the exact diameter is.
我们就假设它是两英寸到两英寸半的负重板吧。
Let's call it two, two and a half inches that you can plate load.
你可以在上面装一个奥林匹克杠铃片并固定住,这非常有意思,因为你可以进行渐进式阻力训练。
You can put an Olympic plate on that and then secure it, which makes it very interesting because you can work with progressive resistance.
对吧?
Right?
对我来说,这很重要,而且会一直重要。
And for me, that was important and will be important.
我做完肘部手术才六周,所以还没完全恢复。
I'm six weeks after elbow surgery, so I'm not quite there yet.
但无论是做等长收缩还是其他动作,对于旋前旋后训练都适用。
But for sort of supination and pronation, whether I'm doing isometrics or otherwise.
它非常小巧便携。
And it's very small, very portable.
其中一个优势是...我们之前聊到,不如你直接讲这个故事,需要的话我可以补充些细节。
And one of the advantages I you know, we were chatting to well, why don't you just tell the story, and then I can add some color if need be.
我把这个杠铃推荐写进了《五元周五》——我的电子通讯专栏里。
I put this bar in Five Below Friday, which is my newsletter.
订阅用户超过200万。
Goes out to 2,000,000 plus subscribers.
人生中有些纯粹靠运气的时刻让我记忆犹新,就像在集市上意外中奖那样。而此刻看着腕力杠销量疯涨,正是这样一个高光幸运时刻。
There's few moments I look back at just, like, sheer luck, like, when you won something at the fair that you thought you wouldn't and suddenly, one of those highlight just lucky moments is we're just seeing the wrist bar sales just going nuts.
我的员工们,这到底是怎么回事?
So my staff, like, what the heck is going on?
为什么我们卖出了这么多腕力棒?
Like, why are we selling so many wrist bar?
我们很快就查明了这都是因为你。
And we quickly traced down that it was because of you.
这就像是老派商业时刻,而且是美国制造的。
That's like an old time business moment, and that's made in America.
所以我们基本上可以按订单生产,快速服务每个人。
So we were able to basically just make them to order and just quickly service anyone.
对。
Right.
所以最后这部分很重要。
So that last part is important.
对吧?
Right?
因为我想你提到销量超过了该产品历史总销量之类的。
Because I think you mentioned it was like more units than like the history of the bar up to the point or something.
我会尽量提前告知人们哪些内容会出现在通讯里,因为我的一个粉丝称之为‘死亡拥抱’的情况可能会发生。
And I try to give people a heads up if something is gonna land in the newsletter because what can end up happening is one of my fans termed it the hug of death.
这种‘死亡拥抱’可能有多种表现形式。
So the hug of death can take a number of different forms.
可能是网站崩溃,也可能是某人需要很长时间才能订到库存。
It could be a website crashing, but it could also be where someone has a long lead time on ordering inventory.
我们就说他们是从中国进货的。
Let's just say they're getting it from China.
这并不是说这本质上不好。
Not that that's intrinsically bad.
我不是说事情就是这样。
I'm not saying that that is.
是啊。
Yeah.
但假设他们要下订单,他们有某些最低起订量等等,而且他们相信通过通讯录获得的销售会继续保持这个速度。
But let's just say for them to get an order, they have certain minimums and so on, and they believe that these sales from the newsletter are going to continue at that velocity.
而他们库存只有100件。
And they only had a 100 in stock.
现在他们订了2000件,因为他们预期能卖掉这些货,结果却卖不掉。
Now they order 2,000 because they expect to be able to move those, and they don't.
这种‘致命拥抱’就是,呃哦——
The hug of death is, uh-oh.
我这笔钱是收不回来了。
I'm not gonna make this money back.
而公司,特别是小公司,如果像这样误判形势可能会倒闭。
And companies, small companies in particular, can go under if they misgauge stuff like that.
所以你获得了优势,让他们——我是说从全球视角来看——就近生产。
So you get the advantage where you're making them, I mean, from a global perspective, right around the corner.
所以你可以采用准时制库存管理。
So you could do just in time inventory.
是的。
Yeah.
我们甚至都不需要订购一批。
We didn't even have to order a batch.
我们刚好能完成订单。
We were just able to fulfill the orders.
明尼苏达州有个超棒的家庭,他们为各类人群提供健身服务,几年前联系过我,真的帮我做出了一些很酷的美国制造产品。
Awesome family in Minnesota who does stuff for a variety of people in fitness, but reached out to me a few years back and has really helped me to to make some cool stuff American made.
你还想讨论哪些其他原则、话题或训练方法?
What other principles, topics, exercises would you like to talk about?
或许切入这个话题的方式是——在来这里录音之前,我们做了一些热身运动,我做了多次尝试过的动作。
Maybe one way to edge into starting point for that is before coming here to do this recording and we did some movement earlier, I did what I've done a number of different times.
因为这些年经常听到你的名字,我看过你的很多视频。
Because your name has come up over the years, and I've looked at your videos and watched a lot of them.
把你的视频按热度排序了。
Sorted your videos by most popular.
肯定很多人用这种方式来整理可观看的视频清单。
I'm sure a lot of people do that as a way to produce, like, a manageable shopping list of videos.
所以我的问题是:有没有哪部视频没有被YouTube算法眷顾,或者由于某种原因没能获得你期待的浏览量?比如你特别希望更多人看到的某部作品?可以是任何视频。
So my question for you is, which videos were not anointed by the YouTube gods or for whatever reason have not had the views that you would like where you're like, if I could point out one video that I wish people paid more attention to, could be any video.
不过你的热门作品其实不需要额外推荐。
But, like, your greatest hits don't need the help in a sense.
也许你想提一部热门视频,但如果有部冷门作品让你觉得'这部真的非常重要却没人看'的话...
Maybe you'd like to mention one of them, but if there's a lesser known video where you're like, man, this one's really, I think, quite important and it hasn't had the visibility.
所以我刚做了一个视频,总结了我所有的知识,就是为了上这个播客节目。
So I just made a video really recapping all my knowledge because of going on this podcast.
我在视频里没提这事,你不想触霉头。
I didn't say it in the video, you don't wanna jinx it.
就像,嘿伙计们,我要上蒂姆·费里斯的节目了,然后你就被取消了。
Like, hey, guys, I'm going on Tim Ferriss and then you get canceled.
但我为这个播客做了准备,结果效果意外地好。
But I made it for this podcast, and it happens to be doing really well.
是啊。
Yeah.
我发现那些真正打动人心、对人有帮助的视频,长期来看往往表现更好。
I found that the videos I put out that really hit home and help people, then long term wind up doing well.
所以对我来说,经验证明质量越好的视频确实会获得更多观看量。
So for me, it's almost like my experience has been the better videos do have more views.
因为我非常谨慎,从不在YouTube标题里说谎。
Because I try to be really careful to never lie in a YouTube title.
我需要警惕的是——虽然你的视频我还得检查,毕竟不知道你们团队谁来定标题——有人邀请我上节目时,标题可能会写成'找到方法了'这种。
What I have to look out for, which I'll still have to check it on your video because who knows on your staff who's gonna title it, is people have me on or whatever, and then it's like, found one.
他们后来改正了,但原先标题写着'六十秒保证解决膝盖疼痛'。
It's like and they've since corrected it, But it said, fix knee pain guaranteed in sixty seconds.
唯一
The only
我不会在那个视频里
I won't have a video at that
你唯一需要的运动,大写,需要。
only exercise you'll ever, caps, need.
果然如此,这家伙,频道很棒,人很好,非常忙,自然就雇了专业公司。
And so, sure enough, the guy, great channel, great guy, very busy, naturally hired a professional company.
然后它真的提醒了他,他在标题里发现了一堆类似的谎言。
And then it actually alerted him and he found a bunch of lies like that in the titles.
正因如此,如果你在标题里撒谎,就能获得很多点击量。
So because of that, you can get a lot of views if you lie in the title.
即便对我来说——我不是在标榜完美——有一个标题真的很难把握。
Even for me, I'm not saying this from a point of perfection, there was one that's so hard.
我觉得自己坚持住了,但有时还是会反复纠结。
I think I've kept it up, and sometimes I go back and forth.
我四五年前给视频起过这个标题:《如何把自己打造成世界级运动员》。
I had titled it this was four or five years ago, how to make yourself a world class athlete.
我用了很多非世界级运动员逆袭成为世界级运动员的故事。
And I use all these stories of people who weren't world class athletes and made themselves world class athlete.
但这仍然是我记忆中觉得最接近谎言的一次。
But still, that was the closest one I can remember that I feel like was potentially a lie.
现在你会固定那个提到的视频,它算是我们讨论内容的视觉化总结。
Now you'll pin the video that you referred to, which is sort of the recap of a lot of what we're talking about visually.
嗯。
Yep.
你还记得那个标题吗?
Do you recall the title of that?
是的。
Yeah.
极简健身计划,包含组数与次数。
Minimalistic workout program with sets and reps.
嗯。
Mhmm.
就像这样,我现在就这样命名。
Like, that's how I title things now.
对。
Yeah.
没有花里胡哨的东西。
There's no No fluff.
没错。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
有趣的是,现在要获得观看量,真正关键的是内容本身,而非标题。
So what's funny is that so now to get views, it really is about the content itself, not the title.
所以它没写‘膝盖过脚尖’这类字眼。
So it doesn't say knees over toes.
也没写‘解决膝盖疼痛’,因为那些本该带来流量的关键词都没用。
It doesn't say fix knee pain because there's these keywords that you should get views.
标题就只是‘极简健身计划,包含组数与次数’,但效果却非常好。
So it it just says minimalistic workout program with sets and reps, and it's doing great.
但这是我为这个播客制作的最新一期,旨在让人不绕弯子,直接获取所有关键信息。
But that's the most recent one I made for this podcast for someone to not beat around the bush, get all the key information.
它甚至为你提供了训练组数,以及我的实际训练方案。
It even gives you sets and it gives you my actual program.
这不是一个理论性的方案。
It's not a theoretical program.
这是我每周进行的两项训练内容。
These are the two workouts I do a week.
我训练的所有学员都在使用与此非常相似的版本。
All the people I train are on very similar versions of this.
我想让大家先尝尝我们早些时候录制的内容,以防他们错过。
And I want to give people a taste of some of what we recorded earlier in case they don't see it.
实际上我会做个总结,但欢迎随时插话——因为我是个细节控,喜欢精确的配方。
And in effect, I'll summarize, but feel free to jump in because I'm a stickler for detail, and I like exact recipes.
可能是我后脑勺的强迫症在叫嚣,这种情况经常发生。
Could be my OCD screaming at the back of my head, which is pretty often.
但你提出的观点——至少我听到的是——你并不是那种迷信神奇组数和次数的人,不相信有什么完美方案。
But the point you made or at least that I heard was you're not really a magic sets and reps guy in terms of some Goldilocks perfect protocol.
我提到这点是因为,就像你可以降低动作幅度一样,你也可以减少训练量。
And the reason I bring that up is that just like you can regress range of motion in a movement, you can regress the volume.
我想说的是,在无痛动作范围内,少量训练也能大有裨益。
And what I would say is that in pain free range of motion, a little bit can go a long way.
所以如果你看着某个训练计划想着'啊,我没时间做三组这个或五组那个',没关系。
So if you look at something and you're like, ah, I don't have time for three sets of this or five sets of that or whatever it might be, okay, fine.
好吧,也许你可以从一组开始。
Well, maybe you start with one set.
我认识一些人,他们从零基础开始,最终练出了惊人的体型。
And I know people who have gotten into tremendous shape coming from a baseline of zero.
对吧?
Right?
毫无运动基础,什么都没有。
No athleticism, nothing.
他们总是说,哦,我没时间去健身房。
They're like, oh, I don't have time to go to the gym.
我不需要那样做。
I don't have to do that.
我就说,那睡前做一个俯卧撑呢?
I'm like, what about one push up before bed?
做一个俯卧撑怎么样?
What about one push up?
有什么理由让你连一个俯卧撑都做不了吗?
Is there a reason you can't do one push up?
他们就会说,是啊。
They're like, yeah.
当然,我能做一个俯卧撑。
Of course, I can do one push up.
我就说,好吧。
I'm like, okay.
太好了。
Great.
做一个俯卧撑。
Do one push up.
然后开始变成两个,再后来就变成随便多少了。
And then it start turns into two, and then it turns into whatever.
然后我知道有个人,几个月内就能睡前做50个俯卧撑了。
And then I know one guy, like, within a few months, was doing 50 push ups before bed.
他看到了实际效果,这就是突破点。
He was seeing real results, and then that was the unlock.
对吧?
Right?
所以啰嗦这么多就是想表达,别总盯着自己的局限。
So that's a long winded way of just saying, don't get fixated on your limitations.
你随时可以降低强度。
You can always scale down.
我的初始系统是一到两组。
My starting system is one to two sets.
后来我发现,一到两组对我来说刚好能坚持。
And then I found for myself, one to two sets I can maintain great.
只有在我打算增加重量的训练项目上,才会多做几组——但其实真正发力的也就一两组。
Only on exercises that I'm planning to put more weights on, I'll go a couple more sets just to actually you're probably still only talking one or two sets really exerting.
就像正式组那样。
Like work sets.
是啊。
Yeah.
是啊。
Yeah.
只是为了确保人们能安全地慢慢来。
Just to make sure people safely take their time.
说实话,15年前的我根本不会相信,现在的我每周只做两次训练,45分钟的扣篮之类的运动。
Now, I simply wouldn't have believed 15 ago that now I'd be, like, doing only two workouts a week, forty five minutes dunking and stuff.
所以我当时肯定不会相信。
So I wouldn't have believed it.
所以如果有人不喜欢,如果有人觉得我们在胡说八道,换作当年的我,也会觉得我们在胡说八道。
So if someone doesn't like, if someone thinks we're full of shit, like, I would have thought we were full of shit.
这也不意味着高强度的训练计划就无效。
That also doesn't mean that higher volume programs can't work.
首先,我认为各种不同的训练动作都是美妙的自由选择,能带来不同的效果和适应。
Number one, I see all the different exercises as a beautiful freedom with different inputs and adaptations.
而且我觉得,整个健身领域都是积极的,甚至大家对如何制定训练计划的不同观点也都是积极的。
And I like, I see all of fitness as positive, and then I see even all people's viewpoints of then how to program that up as positive.
只要你能坚持并符合你目标的训练计划,就是最棒的。
The program you stick with that works for you and your goals is awesome.
是啊。
Yeah.
你能坚持的训练计划就是最好的计划。
The program you stick with is the best program.
我想重申你的观点,因为我写书本质上是为了给自己做参考。
And I want to reiterate what you're saying because I write books to be references for myself, basically.
如果能找到现成的书,写书就太难了。
If I can find a book that does the job already, writing is way too hard.
研究过程也太艰辛了。
The research is way too arduous.
耗时实在太长了。
It takes way too long.
我不想写书。
I don't wanna write a book.
而且事实证明,即使书卖得很好,这通常也是个糟糕的赚钱方式。
It also turns out to generally be a terrible way to make any money even if your books do very well.
除非我觉得自己在收集那些必需却无处可寻的内容,否则写书对我来说就像推石上山一样费力。
There's just way too much of pushing boulders up the hill for me to write a book unless I feel like I'm gathering things that I need and can't find somewhere else.
《每周健身4小时》就是这种情况。
That was the case with the four hour body.
还有这个最小有效剂量的概念,即寻找最小有效剂量(MED),你可以参考许多类似案例。
And this minimum effective dose, the concept, the MED of finding the minimum effective dose, and you can look at many comparables.
对吧?
Right?
就像水在特定温度下会沸腾。
It's like there's a certain temperature at which you boil water.
你不需要让水温再高30度。
You don't need to get it 30 degrees hotter.
对吧?
Right?
如果你出门,会有一个临界点让你开始适应阳光并晒黑。
If you go outside, there's a point at which you start to adapt in the sun and develop a tan.
你不需要也不想再待上一个小时。
You don't need or want to stay out another hour.
对吧?
Right?
你会逐渐进步,开始延长时间等等。
And you progress and you start to extend the duration, etcetera.
事实证明这个方法几乎可以应用到所有领域。
It turns out that you can apply this almost everywhere.
你可以把它应用到语言学习上——从最高频词汇开始。
You can apply it to language learning with the highest frequency words.
比如我之前在X平台(当时还叫Twitter)上询问大家《每周健身四小时》中最喜欢的章节,因为我在考虑更新内容——虽然事实证明需要更新的地方并不多。
You can apply it to for instance, I was asking on x back when it was Twitter, people for favorite chapters in the four hour body because I was curious about possibly updating things, although there's not a lot that needs much updating, it turns out.
人们给出了各种例子。
And people gave various examples.
我记得有位被停赛的NFL球员,就是通过'损伤预防'章节和奥卡姆训练法重返职业赛场的。
There was a I think it was an NFL player who was benched and got back to playing professionally using the prehab chapter and Occam's protocol.
奥卡姆训练法大概是每周两次、每次二十分钟的抗阻训练,外加几项辅助内容。
Occam's protocol is, like, twenty minutes twice a week resistance training and a handful of other things.
还有另一个人也分享了经历——虽然网上言论不可尽信,但我已见过多个类似案例。
There's another guy who chimed in, and I understand you can't believe everything you read on the Internet, but I've seen multiple examples of this.
我记得他通过书中巴里·罗斯的训练方案,硬拉达到了475磅,巴里·罗斯还指导过艾莉森·菲利克斯等许多短跑运动员。
He got to, I think, a 475 pound deadlift using the Barry Ross protocol in the book, and Barry Ross coached Allison Felix and many other sprinters.
这可能是你能想象到的最精简的训练方式。
It is the most minimal thing you could possibly imagine.
关键动作是硬拉到膝盖高度后直接松杠,这样完全避免了腘绳肌拉伤风险,每组做2-3次,总共2-3组。
And a crux piece of it is doing deadlifts to the knee and then effectively dropping the bar so that you're not risking any type of hamstring strain and doing two to three sets of two to three reps.
就这样。
That's it.
而且组间休息时间要像力量举选手那样充分。
And you're taking big fat power lifter rests in between those sets.
这种训练方式带来的力量增长会让人头晕目眩。
The amount of strength that you can build doing that is head spinning.
所以我想强调,'没时间'这个借口根本站不住脚——只要你愿意精简训练。
So I just want to emphasize that I don't have enough time doesn't really hold up to scrutiny if you're willing to scale back.
事实上,极简训练能带来的效果远超大多数人想象。
And in fact, you can do a lot more with very little than you might suspect.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。