本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
嗨,我是马特。
Hi, Matt here.
在开始之前,我想提醒大家我们的新学习社区‘Think Fast Talk Smart’,来自世界各地的听众可以在这里一起练习,提升沟通能力与职业发展。
Before we get started, I wanted to remind you about our new Think Fast Talk Smart learning community, where listeners from around the world can come together to practice and transform their communication and careers.
会员可享受独家点播课程、引导式任务、直播读书会、AI教练Mat以及更多内容。
Members get access to exclusive on demand learning lessons, guided quests, live book club calls, an AI coach mat, and much more.
立即前往 fastersmarter.iolearning 加入我们。
Join today at fastersmarter.iolearning.
如果你在1月2日前注册,将免费获得一个月会员服务。
If you sign up before January 2, you will get one month free.
随着节日临近,你可以送出一份提升沟通能力的礼物。
And with the holidays coming, you can give the gift of better communication.
现在,让我们听听来自我们赞助商的一条信息。
Now here's a message from one of our sponsors.
在‘Think Fast, Talk Smart’,我们行动迅速。
Here at Think Fast, Talk Smart, we move fast.
从撰写面试问题到编写邮件、提案和演示文稿笔记。
From writing interview questions to crafting emails, proposals, and presentation notes.
但在不同工具之间处理所有这些内容,确实会拖慢你的进度。
But juggling all those pieces across different tools, that can really slow you down.
切换标签页、在不同应用间复制粘贴、试图记住上次编辑的位置,这既耗时又令人沮丧。
Switching tabs, copying and pasting between apps, trying to remember where the last edit lives, it's time consuming and quite honestly, a little frustrating.
这就是我使用Grammarly的原因。
That's why I use Grammarly.
它专为需要从空白页面开始,最终在一处完成精美成品的专业人士量身打造。
It's tailor made for professionals who need to take a project from blank page to polished finish all in one place.
人工智能不会消失,为什么不利用它来提升效率呢?
And AI isn't going anywhere, so why not use it to your advantage?
Grammarly的实时建议、语气反馈和AI聊天功能,帮助我更快地头脑风暴和精细打磨。
Grammarly's real time suggestions, tone feedback, and AI chat help me brainstorm and fine tune faster.
因此,让你的思路持续流动,专注于真正重要的事——你的信息。
So keep your ideas flowing and stay focused on what really matters, your message.
免费注册,体验 Grammarly 如何从始至终提升您的专业写作。
Sign up for free and experience how Grammarly can elevate your professional writing from start to finish.
访问 grammarly.com/podcast。
Visit grammarly.com/podcast.
那就是 grammarly.com/podcast。
That's grammarly.com/podcast.
你的思绪飞转。
Your mind is racing.
你的手掌出汗。
Your palms are sweaty.
你的心脏狂跳。
Your heart is pounding.
你的双腿发抖。
Your legs are shaking.
如果你和大多数人一样,这就是你在即将公开演讲时的体验。
If you're like most of us, this is what you experience when you're about to speak publicly.
研究表明,百分之八十五的人在重要场合演讲时会感到紧张。
Research tells us that eighty five percent of people feel nervous in high stakes speaking situations.
坦率地说,我认为剩下的百分之十五的人在撒谎。
And quite frankly, I think the other fifteen percent are lying.
在本集中,我们将探讨一些具体技巧,帮助你管理焦虑的症状和根源,让你在他人面前沟通时更舒适、更自信。
In this episode, we're going to explore specific techniques you can use to manage both your symptoms and sources of anxiety so you can feel more comfortable and confident when communicating in front of others.
我叫马特·阿布拉姆斯,在斯坦福大学商学院教授战略沟通。
My name is Matt Abrahams, and I teach strategic communication at Stanford Graduate School of Business.
欢迎收听《快速思考,明智表达》播客。
Welcome to Think Fast, Talk Smart, the podcast.
今天,我们将稍微改变一下形式。
Today, we're going to mix things up a bit.
我不再提问,而是换到另一把椅子上,来回答关于沟通焦虑的问题。
And rather than having me ask the questions, I'm going to slide over and sit in the other chair so I can answer questions about communication apprehension.
这意味着我们需要有人来接替主持。
This means we need someone to step in and host.
幸运的是,我们找到了最合适的人选。
And luckily, we found the perfect person.
让我介绍一下珍妮·卢纳。
Allow me to introduce Jenny Luna.
她是《Think Fast, Talk Smart》的执行制片人,也是一个非常了不起的人。
She's our executive producer of Think Fast, Talk Smart, and an all around amazing person.
嗨,珍妮。
Hi, Jenny.
我很高兴你能来这里,分享你对演讲焦虑的看法和问题。
I'm really excited to have you here to share your thoughts and questions about speaking anxiety.
嗨,马特。
Hey, Matt.
我非常期待能来到这里。
I'm really excited to be here.
你知道吗,最近我被邀请在朋友的婚礼上致辞。
You know, I was asked to give a toast at a friend's wedding recently.
哦。
Oh.
直到婚礼招待会之前,我都紧张得要命。
And I was so nervous up until the reception.
我甚至都没能享受这个活动。
I didn't even get to enjoy the event.
哦,真抱歉。
Oh, I'm sorry.
自从我们开始做这个播客以来,我很兴奋地思考如何面对自己的焦虑,尤其是在团队会议或与主管的一对一交流等小场合中,以及如何消除这种焦虑感。
So and since we've been working on this podcast, I'm I'm excited to think about how I can look at my anxiety, especially in just little situations like team meetings or one on one with my supervisor, and how I can get rid of that anxiousness.
好吧,我有个坏消息要告诉你。
Well, I I got bad news for you.
我不知道我们是否能真正消除它,但我们可以学会管理它,让它不再控制我们。
I don't know that we can ever truly get rid of it, but certainly we can learn to manage it so that it doesn't manage us.
太好了。
Awesome.
好的。
Okay.
好吧,我有问题要问你,我们开始吧。
Well, I've got questions for you, so let's jump in.
好的。
Alright.
我准备好了。
I'm ready.
你是帮助人们在沟通时更自信、更少焦虑的专家。
You're an expert on helping people feel more confident and less anxious when they communicate.
你是怎么对这个产生兴趣的?
How did you get interested in this?
你知道,我认识的人中,很少有人能指出生命中某一件具体事件,让他们的职业生涯走上特定的轨迹。
You know, there are very few people I know who can point to one event in their life that put their life on a specific trajectory in terms of the work they do.
但对我来说,14岁那年的一个早晨,一切就都定型了。
But for me, one morning when I was 14 years old, it all comes down to that.
我当时是高中一年级新生。
I was a freshman in high school.
开学第一天,我们的英语老师梅里迪斯先生让我们每个人都站起来,做一个简短的自我介绍。
The very first day, mister Meredith, our English teacher, had all of us stand up and give a real quick speech about ourselves.
因为我的姓是阿布拉姆斯,所以我第一个上台。
Since my last name is Abrahams, I went first.
我说完后,他走过来对我说:‘马特,你真的很擅长演讲。’
And after I was done, he came up to me and said, Matt, you're really good at this speaking thing.
你得去参加这个星期六的演讲比赛。
You've got to go to this speech competition this coming Saturday.
于是我一大早就醒了。
So I woke up super early.
我花了一点时间准备了一篇演讲稿。
I'd spent a little bit of time putting a speech together.
我到了现场。
I show up.
外面有雾。
It's foggy.
天气很冷。
It's cold.
房间里挤满了其他学生,还有我朋友的父母,他们本该来当评委。
The room is full of other students, parents of my friends who are supposed to judge this thing.
我喜欢的女孩坐在房间里,而我即将发表演讲。
The girl I like is sitting in the room, and I'm about to give my speech.
紧张感在我体内奔涌,我完全吓坏了。
And the nerves were just coursing through my body, totally freaked out.
我正在做关于空手道的演讲,因为有人让我讲一件对我重要的事,而我对武术一直都很感兴趣。
I am giving a presentation on karate because I was told to do something that was important to me, and and I was and still am interested in martial arts.
我太紧张了,竟然忘了穿我的专用空手道裤子。
I was so nervous I forgot to put on my special karate pants.
所以你可以猜到接下来会发生什么,珍妮。
So you can tell where this is going, Jenny.
哦,不。
Oh, no.
在我十分钟演讲的前十秒,我以一个空手道踢腿来吸引大家的注意。
The first ten seconds of my ten minute speech, I start with a karate kick to get people's attention.
我的裤子从腰带扣一直裂到了拉链处。
I ripped my pants from belt buckle to zipper.
就在那一刻,我明白了焦虑在人们演讲时会带来怎样的影响。
And in that moment, I learned the impact anxiety can have on people when they speak.
从那一刻起,我致力于理解这种焦虑的根源,并帮助人们在演讲时感觉更好、更自在。
And from that moment on, I've dedicated my life to trying to understand what that anxiety is all about and how to help people feel better and more comfortable when they speak.
哦,这简直是青少年最糟糕的噩梦。
Oh, that is like a teen's worst nightmare.
那真的非常、非常糟糕。
It was pretty, pretty bad.
我至今有时还会在半夜惊醒,害怕再次经历那一刻。
I I still wake up sometimes dreading that moment.
哦,哇。
Oh, wow.
你写了一本书,你的TEDx演讲叫《不紧张地大胆发言》。
Well, you've written a book, and your TEDx talk are called speaking up without freaking out.
所以我必须问你,你大声发言时还会紧张吗?
So I have to ask you, do you still freak out when you speak up?
我希望我能说不会,但事实上还是会。
I wish I could say I don't, but in fact, do.
人们感到紧张是非常正常和自然的。
It's very normal and natural for people to feel nervous.
幸运的是,经过多年的焦虑管理,我现在自信多了,但每年仍有一次我会特别紧张。
Now, thankfully, after years of working on my anxiety, I feel much more confident, but there's one time every year that I get super nervous.
有一场商业院校传播学教授的大会,每当我必须在这些教授面前演讲时,都会特别紧张。
There is a convention of professors of communication who teach at business schools, and whenever I have to present in front of these folks, I get super nervous.
顺便说一句,珍妮,如果你想知道什么是糟糕的演讲,你应该去看看一群传播学教授彼此之间的演讲。
And by the way, Jenny, if you ever want to see really bad presenting, you should watch a group of professors of communication present to each other.
我们在这方面做得并不好。
We don't do a very good job of it.
但没错,我仍然在某些情况下会感到紧张,不过我已经学会了一些管理焦虑的技巧,我知道你接下来会问我关于这些技巧的问题,我很乐意与大家分享,让他们也能减少紧张感。
But yes, I still do get nervous in certain situations, but I've learned techniques to manage that anxiety, and I know you're going to ask me some questions about those techniques, and I'm happy to share with others so they can feel less nervous.
为什么焦虑如此普遍?
And why is anxiety so pervasive?
我们知道我们要说什么。
We know what we're gonna say.
很多时候,我们也知道我们要对谁说。
Oftentimes, we know who we're speaking to.
为什么我们会感到焦虑?
Why do we get anxious?
许多研究这个问题的人认为,这是进化的结果。
So many of us who study this believe it's evolutionary.
这是人类的一部分。
It's part of being human.
你知道,这可以追溯到我们物种进化的时候。
You know, it goes back to when our species was evolving.
我们通常生活在大约150人的群体中,你在群体中的相对地位至关重要。
We would hang out in groups of about 150 people, and your relative status in that group meant a lot.
当我谈到地位时,我不是在说谁开豪车,谁的视频获得更多点赞。
And when I'm talking about status, I'm not talking about who drives the fancy car, who gets more likes on their videos.
我指的是你在等级制度中的位置——地位越高,你能获得的食物、住所和繁殖机会就越多。
I'm talking about your position in a hierarchy where the higher the status you had, the more access you got to things like food and shelter and reproduction.
而如果你地位低下,就意味着你的生命岌岌可危。
And if you were low status, that meant your life was in jeopardy.
因此,任何威胁到你地位的事情都会让你感到紧张,这种反应已经深植于我们的本性中。
So anything that puts your status at risk should make you nervous, and that's ingrained in us.
我们在所有文化中都能看到演讲焦虑。
And we see speaking anxiety in all cultures.
这种焦虑通常在孩子进入青春期时出现,那时我们变得更加具有社会意识,并融入了文化之中。
It tends to develop when children become teenagers, which is when we become much more socially aware and part of a culture.
所以很多人认为这是根植于我们本性中的,我们只能学会去管理它。
So a lot of people believe this is ingrained in who we are, and we just have to learn to manage it.
这太有趣了。
That's fascinating.
我完全没想到这可以追溯到人类如此早期的阶段。
I had no idea it went so far back in being human.
是的。
Yeah.
这是我们生存状态的一部分。
It is part of our condition.
让我们深入探讨一下,谈谈当我们演讲时如何真正管理这种焦虑。
Let's get into the nitty gritty and talk about how we can actually manage this anxiety when we're speaking.
是的。
Yeah.
有很多方法可以做到这一点。
And there are lots of ways to do it.
有许多经过学术验证的方法。
There are many academically verified techniques.
当我们探讨如何管理焦虑时,我喜欢将其分为两个不同的类别。
When we look at managing anxiety, I like to break it up into two different buckets.
一个是我们的身体症状,另一个是焦虑的根源。
They're the symptoms that we experience, as well as the sources of anxiety.
因此,我们需要同时关注这两方面,才能变得更加自信。
So we need to focus on both to become more confident.
症状就是我们所体验到的。
The symptoms are what we experience.
根源则是让我们的焦虑变得更糟的因素。
The sources are what make our anxiety even worse.
有意思。
Interesting.
所以你的做法是拿着一瓶冰凉的水。
So your thing is kind of holding a cold bottle of water.
我见过你这么做。
I've seen you do it.
我听过人们提到这个。
I've heard people refer to this.
你能多告诉我一些关于这个的情况吗?
Can you tell me more about that?
当我紧张时,我最明显的反应就是出汗和脸红。
So when I get nervous, the big thing that happens to me is I perspire and I blush.
这是一种非常正常的焦虑症状反应。
And this is a very normal symptomatic response to anxiety.
当你紧张时,心跳会加快,身体会紧缩,血压上升,这会导致你的核心体温升高。
When you get nervous, your heartbeat goes up, your body constricts, so your blood pressure goes up, and this drives up your core body temperature.
这就像是你在锻炼、在运动一样。
It's like you're working out, you're exercising.
所以,用手掌握住一瓶冰凉的水,实际上可以帮助你降温。
So holding a cold bottle of water in the palm of your hand actually can cool you down.
你的手掌,就像发烧时的额头一样,是身体的温度调节器。
Your palms, just like your forehead when you have a fever, are thermoregulators for your body.
所以握住冰冷的东西可以降低你的核心体温。
So holding something cold can reduce your core body temperature.
珍妮,我敢肯定在寒冷的日子里,你见过相反的情况。
I'm sure on a cold day, Jenny, you've seen this work in reverse.
如果你曾经握过热咖啡或热茶,就会感觉到它如何让你暖和起来;而握住一瓶冷水则能让你降温。
If you've ever held warm coffee or tea, you felt how it warms you up, holding a cold bottle of water can cool you down.
所以我一直坚持这样做。
So I do that religiously.
我们还可以使用其他方法来管理我们的症状。
There are other types of techniques we can use to manage our symptoms.
如果你容易发抖,说话时做大幅度、宽广的手势或活动身体,可以为肾上腺素提供一个释放的出口。
So if you're somebody who shakes a lot, doing big, broad gestures or moving when you speak can give that adrenaline a place to go.
如果你容易口干,说话前喝点温水、含颗润喉糖或嚼口香糖,可以帮助缓解这些症状,但不要在说话时做。
If you're somebody who gets dry mouth, drinking something warm or sucking on a lozenge or chewing gum before you speak, not while, can help reverse those symptoms.
所以关键是,我们有一些方法可以管理这些症状。
So the bottom line is there are things we can do to manage the symptoms.
而最重要的是深呼吸。
And by far the most important is taking a deep breath.
通过深腹式呼吸,就像你做瑜伽、太极或气功时那样,它能显著减缓你的心率,而心率加快正是引发许多焦虑症状的根源和起因。
By taking a deep belly breath, like you're doing yoga or Tai Chi or Qigong, it really slows down your heart rate, which is the impetus and an initiator of many of the anxiety symptoms that we find.
因此,我们确实有一些方法可以管理自己的症状。
So things we can do to manage our symptoms absolutely exist.
我很喜欢这些方法。
I love those.
它们都是非常实用的工具,我可以立即使用。
They're really practical tools that I can use.
深呼吸、喝冰水,真的能让人在当下保持平静。
Deep breath, cold bottle of water, just really kind of centering in the moment.
我也会尝试使用大幅度手势的方法。
I'm going to use the big gesture thing too.
我们马上回来,继续我们的对话。
We'll be right back to finish our conversation.
但在那之前,我们要先插播一段赞助商广告。
But first, we're going to take a quick break for a message from our sponsors.
这些赞助支持了我们节目的制作成本,让我们能够免费为您提供内容。
These sponsorships support the cost of making our show, allowing us to bring it to you free of charge.
你好。
Hi.
我是马特。
Matt here.
随着一年即将结束,我们许多人会停下脚步,反思,并思考来年想要讲述的故事。
As the year winds down, many of us take a moment to pause, reflect, and think about the stories we want to tell in the year ahead.
而分享这些想法的最佳方式之一,就是在线上建立清晰而自信的形象。
And one of the best ways to share those ideas is by creating a clear, confident presence online.
本集《快速思考,明智表达》由Squarespace倾情呈现,这是一站式平台,助您将想法变为现实。
This episode of Think Fast, Talk Smart is brought to you by Squarespace, the all in one platform that helps you bring your ideas to life.
如果你希望在新的一年推出新事物,Squarespace 让这一切变得简单。
If you're hoping to launch something new in the new year, Squarespace makes it simple.
他们的 Blueprint AI 工具能帮助你在几步之内打造一个精致且个性化的网站。
Their blueprint AI tool helps you build a polished, customized site in just a few steps.
通过内置的电子邮件营销和分析功能,你可以在一个平台上与受众保持联系,并了解哪些内容最能引起共鸣。
And with built in email campaigns and analytics, you can stay connected with your audience and understand what's resonating all in one place.
因此,当你展望 2026 年时,不妨用 Squarespace 打造一个网站,为你的想法提供应有的空间和舞台。
So as you look ahead to 2026, consider giving your ideas the space and the stage they deserve with a website built on Squarespace.
前往 squarespace.com/tfts 申请免费试用。
Head to squarespace.com/tfts for a free trial.
当你准备上线时,使用代码 t f t s 可享受网站或域名首单 10% 的折扣。
And when you're ready to launch, use the code t f t s to save 10% off of your first purchase of a website or domain.
网址是 squarespace.com/tfts。
That's squarespace.com/tfts.
优惠代码:t f TS。
Offer code t f TS.
另一个让人感到焦虑的来源是他们对未来的担忧。
Another source of anxiety that makes people really nervous is their fear of what might happen in the future.
所以我的学生担心自己可能拿不到好成绩。
So my students are afraid they might not get a good grade.
我辅导的创业者担心自己可能得不到所需的资助或支持。
The entrepreneurs I coach, they're afraid that they might not get the funding or support that they need.
你可能担心自己的想法得不到支持或落实。
You might be concerned that your idea isn't supported and acted upon.
这些恐惧都源于对未来的一种状态,即潜在的负面结果。
Those are fears that come from a future state, a potential negative future outcome.
因此,打破这种焦虑的方法是专注于当下。
So the way to short circuit that is to become present oriented.
如果你活在当下,按定义就不可能担忧未来。
If you're in the moment, you can't be worried about the future by definition.
那么,如何才能变得专注于当下呢?
So how do you get present oriented?
你可以做很多事。
Many things you can do.
我喜欢做一些身体活动。
I like to do something physical.
也许可以在大楼里走一走。
Maybe walk around the building.
我喜欢在演讲前和人们握手,因为我必须与他们互动。
I love to shake hands with people before I speak because I have to engage with them.
如果我在问别人过得怎么样,我就不可能再去想那些可能出错的事。
I can't be thinking about all these things that could go wrong if I'm asking somebody how they're doing.
你可以像运动员那样做。
You can do what athletes do.
听一首歌或一个播放列表。
Listen to a song or a playlist.
这能让你专注于当下。
That can get you present oriented.
我经常鼓励我的学生从100开始,每次减17倒数。
I often encourage my students to start at 100 and count backwards by seventeens.
如果你不专注于当下,是不可能做到这一点的。
You can't do that without being in the present moment.
最后,这听起来有点傻,珍妮,我最喜爱的让自己专注当下的方法是说绕口令。
And finally, and this is a little silly, Jenny, my favorite way of getting present oriented is to say tongue twisters.
如果你能正确地说出一个绕口令,就不可能不处于当下。
You can't say a tongue twister right and not be in the present moment.
因此,在我每次做演讲或参加让我非常紧张的会议之前,我会拿着一瓶水,站在角落里说绕口令。
So before I ever give a presentation or contribute to a meeting where I'm really nervous, I'll be holding a bottle of water, standing in the corner, saying a tongue twister.
没人看到我这么做,但它能让我进入一种自信沟通的状态。
Nobody sees me do it, and it gets me in the right place to be able to communicate confidently.
这些方法在做的时候可能感觉很傻,但我想象如果它们能帮你自信地完成演讲,那肯定是值得的。
Those things probably feel silly when you're doing them, but I imagine they're well worth it if it's gonna help you get through a presentation confidently.
你说得完全对。
You're exactly right.
这不仅有时感觉很傻,还让你有一种掌控感。
Not only does it sometimes feel silly, but it also gives you a sense of agency.
在你感到紧张的情况下,你会觉得自己能做点什么。
You feel like you can do something in this situation where you feel nervous.
很多人只是觉得自己被焦虑裹挟着。
Many people just feel like they're swept away by their anxiety.
这实际上给了你一些可以做的事情,帮助你感觉更好。
This actually gives you something to do that helps you feel better.
酷。
Cool.
嗯,还有件事我一直想请教你建议。
Well, there's something else I've been wanting to ask your advice on.
回到我必须在朋友婚礼上致辞的事,当我站起来拿起话筒时,我最大的恐惧就是会完全大脑空白,忘记所有准备好的内容。
Going back to this toast that I had to give at a friend's wedding, my biggest fear when I got up there and I had the microphone was that I was gonna completely blank out, That I was going to forget everything I had prepared.
那你怎么看这个问题?
So what do you say to that?
在我所做的工作中,人们最常提到的恐惧就是我害怕会大脑一片空白。
That is by far the number one fear I hear from people when I do the work I do is I'm afraid I'm going to blank out.
大脑空白确实可能发生。
And blanking out can happen.
如果你仔细想想,完全大脑空白的可能性其实很低。
If you really think about it, the likelihood of totally blanking out is pretty low.
因此,进行这种理性分析会有帮助。
So just doing that rationalization can help.
关于大脑空白,我想提出三点建议。
There are three things I want to suggest about blanking out.
首先,避免大脑空白的一个绝佳方法是花时间仔细梳理你的内容。
First, a great way to avoid blanking out is to take time to really map out your content.
我不是说要逐字逐句地背诵。
I'm not saying word for word memorize.
死记硬背实际上可能适得其反。
Memorizing actually can work against you.
这可能会让你更紧张。
It can make you more nervous.
但如果你有一个大纲或结构,这会有帮助。
But if you have a map, a structure, that can help.
现在,如果你在演讲中突然忘词,这里有两条建议。
Now, if you're in the moment and you blank out, two bits of advice.
首先,就像你丢了钥匙一样,要往回走才能向前走。
First, just like if you were to lose your keys, go back to go forward.
即使我们想不起来接下来要说什么,我们通常还能记得刚刚说过的话。
Even if we can't remember what we want to say next, we typically can remember what we just said.
而仅仅重复你刚刚说过的话,往往就能帮你重回正轨。
And simply by repeating what you just said, it will often get you back on track.
有些人觉得,哦,重复我刚刚说过的话会很奇怪。
And some people feel like, oh, that's going to be weird to repeat what I just said.
但实际上,你的听众会从你重复内容中受益。
But in fact, your audience benefits from you repeating things.
所以,如果你在讲话时突然忘词,第一件事是重复你刚才说过的话。
So the first thing to do, if you blank out in the moment, is to repeat what you just said.
第二件事,是在讲话之前,始终准备一个我称之为‘口袋问题’的问题。
The second thing, in advance of speaking, always have what I call a back pocket question.
这是一个你可以随时提出来的问题,用以引导观众参与其他话题,从而给你时间整理思路。
A question you can pull out to ask your audience to get them engaged in something else so you can collect your thoughts.
我要告诉你们一个小秘密,如果我以前的学生在听,你们将会学到一些在课堂上见过但不知道是我用的技巧的东西。
So I'm gonna let you know a little secret, and if any of my former students are listening, you're going to learn something that you saw play out in class but you didn't know was a trick I was using.
有时候我在讲课时会忘记接下来要说什么。
There are times when I am lecturing where I'll forget what I need to say next.
所以我有一个‘口袋问题’。
So I have a back pocket question.
当我忘词时,我会停下来,让学生思考我们刚刚讲过的内容如何应用到他们的生活中。
I will simply stop when I blank out, and I'll ask my students to think about how what we just covered could be applied to their life.
当我这样做时,我的学生真的会花一点时间思考。
And when I do that, my students actually take a moment to think.
有些人告诉我,这真的很有帮助,因为他们真的在应用这些方法。
Some of them have told me it's really helpful because they're really applying this stuff.
在后台发生的是,我心里想:天啊,接下来我该说什么?
What's happening in the background is in my head, I'm like, oh my goodness, what do I need to say next?
我是在为自己争取一点时间。
I'm buying myself some time.
所以,我们在沟通时,可以提前想好一两个问题,在讲话的大多数时候提出来,让听众思考某个问题,从而为自己争取时间。
So all of us in our communication can think of a question or two that we could ask in most places in what we're speaking about to get our audience to think about something so we can buy ourselves time.
因此,只要提前知道在空白时刻可以采取的应对方法,就能真正降低你大脑空白的可能性。
So by simply knowing things you can do in advance and during blanking out, it actually reduces the likelihood you'll blank out.
因为我们对大脑空白太过紧张,反而更容易导致大脑空白。
Because we get so nervous about blanking out, it makes blanking out more likely.
所以,提前准备好这些应对方法真的很有帮助。
So having those things at the ready can really help.
听到你虽然是沟通专家,但也会大脑空白,还有一整套小技巧,真是太棒了。
It's so great to hear that even though you're an expert in communication, you still blank out and you have all these little techniques.
是否擅长演讲并不是非黑即白的。
It's it's not so black and white whether you're good at speaking or not good at speaking.
关键是运用这些技巧来真正超越自我。
It's about using those techniques to really rise above.
你说得对。
I you're absolutely right.
我认为每个人都可以学会管理自己的焦虑,这非常重要。
I I think everyone can learn to manage their anxiety, and it is so important to do.
许多人有重要的观点要贡献于他们的工作、个人生活和公共讨论中。
So many people have important things to contribute at their work, in their personal lives, in public discourse.
如果焦虑阻碍了他们,我们就必须采取行动。
And if anxiety is getting in the way, we need to do something about it.
就像你一贯做的那样,我将在本集末尾问你同样的三个问题。
So like you always do, I'm gonna ask you the same three questions at the end of this episode.
我非常期待听到你的回答,因为我经常听你问别人这些问题。
And I'm really curious to hear your answers because I've heard you ask so many people.
哎呀。
Uh-oh.
好吧。
Alright.
我准备好了。
I'm ready.
来吧。
Bring it.
如果你要把你收到过的最好的沟通建议浓缩成一张五到七个词的幻灯片,会是什么?
If you were to capture the best communication advice you've ever received as a five to seven word presentation slide, what would it be?
我之前在和劳伦·韦恩斯坦一起的播客中提到过这一点,但我觉得这至关重要。
So I mentioned this before on an earlier podcast when Lauren Weinstein and I were talking, but this I think is really critical.
告诉我时间,别给我造钟。
Tell me the time, don't build me the clock.
这个建议之所以如此有力,是因为它包含了众多重要的建议。
And the reason this is so powerful is it contains so many important bits of advice.
首先,要简洁、清晰、专注。
First, be concise, be clear, be focused.
为了做到简洁、清晰和专注,你必须了解你面对的是谁,因此你需要反思:我的受众是谁?
And in order to be concise and clear and focused, you have to know who you're speaking to, so you have to reflect on who's my audience.
在那句话中,我很多年前第一次从我母亲那里听到‘告诉我时间,别给我造钟’,这句话真正聚焦于我认为成功沟通所需的关键要素。
So in that statement, and I heard that first from my mother years and years ago, tell me the time, don't build the clock, really focuses us on the key elements of what I think it takes to be successful in your communication.
你最钦佩的沟通者是谁?为什么?
And who is a communicator that you most admire and why?
这太难了。
This is so hard.
我以前常说,那些幸存下来并勇敢发声的佛罗里达帕克兰枪击案中的年轻学生,我非常钦佩他们沟通的能力,至今依然如此。
I used to say any of the amazingly brave young students who survived the Parkland shooting in Florida, they I was so in awe of their ability to communicate, and I still am.
但我最近听了一位名叫布列塔尼·帕克内特的年轻女性关于自信的精彩TED演讲。
But I recently heard an amazing TED Talk on the topic of confidence by a young woman named Brittany Packnett.
她的演讲让我震撼不已,不仅因为这个话题与我内心深处对自信的重视息息相关,更因为她沟通的表达方式堪称完美。
And her presentation just floored me, not just because the topic is near and dear to my heart regarding confidence, but her execution of the communication was phenomenal.
你注意到我刚才悄悄塞了几个要点进去吗,珍妮?
Do you notice how I snuck in a couple things there, Jenny?
所以我给了你两个,不只是一个。
So I gave you two, not just one.
我得去查一下那个TED演讲。
I'm gonna have to look up that TED Talk.
最后,成功沟通的三大要素是什么?
And finally, what are the first three ingredients that go into a successful communication recipe?
是的。
Yeah.
我为此做了很多研究。
So I did a lot of work looking into this.
大约十年前,当我和我的商业伙伴创立咨询公司时,我们广泛查阅了文献,试图找出成功沟通的关键要素。
When my business partner and I formed our consulting practice about ten years ago, we scoured the literature to try to find what are the essential ingredients to successful communication.
我们最终归纳出三个要点,称之为‘三个C’。
And we came down to three, and we call them the three c's.
这三个C分别是自信、连接,也就是让你的内容与观众相关,并与观众保持在场感,最后是具有吸引力。
The three c's are being confident, being connected, that is making your content relevant, being present with your audience, and then finally, being compelling.
表达方式有很多,但如果你能以一种有吸引力的方式表达,触动人心、生动形象、运用情感,真的会非常有帮助。
There are lots of ways to say things, but if you can say things in a compelling way that touch people, are vivid, that use emotion, it can really, really help.
所以,关键在于自信、连接和具有吸引力。
So it's about confidence, connection, and being compelling.
太棒了。
Awesome.
非常感谢你。
Thank you so much.
我学到了很多,现在我有点准备好出去发表另一个祝酒词或演讲了,带着这些技能。
I've learned a lot, and I'm kinda ready to go out and give another toast or speech now with all these skills.
我希望你能做到。
I hope you do.
而且非常感谢你提出这些重要的问题,你是个非常出色的主持人。
And and thank you so much for asking these important questions, and you're a pretty darn good host.
我有很多东西可以从你身上学习。
I've got a lot I could learn from you.
谢谢你坐上主持人的位置。
Thanks for sitting in the hosting chair.
谢谢,马特。
Thanks, Matt.
感谢您收听《快速思考,明智表达》播客的另一期节目。
Thanks for joining us for another episode of Think Fast, Talk Smart, the podcast.
本节目由斯坦福大学商学院制作。
Produced by Stanford University's Graduate School of Business.
如需获取更多信息和往期节目,请访问 gsb.stanford.edu,或在您常用的播客平台订阅我们的节目。
For more information and episodes, visit gsb.stanford.edu, or subscribe to our show wherever you get your podcasts.
最后,请在社交媒体上关注我们:stanford.gsb。
Finally, find us on social media at stanford.gsb.
在结束之前,我想衷心感谢您的收听。
Before we wrap up, I just want to say thank you for listening.
听到世界各地的人们将这些理念运用到自己的生活中,我感到非常感动。
It really means a lot to hear how people all over the world are using these ideas in their own lives.
这激励了我,也激励了为我们制作这档节目的整个团队。
It inspires me and the whole team that brings you this show.
如果你想获取更多节目和资源,欢迎关注、订阅并浏览往期对话。
If you want more episodes and resources, feel free to follow, subscribe, and explore past conversations.
我们感激您对《快速思考,明智表达》的支持。
We're grateful for your support of Think Fast, Talk Smart.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。