本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
司法部发布了一批与杰弗里·爱泼斯坦相关的大量文件。
A vast trove of documents relating to Jeffrey Epstein is released by the justice department.
其中一些文件并非新内容,另一些则被大量删减,更重要的是,许多文件并未公开。
Some of the files weren't new, others were heavily redacted, and significantly, many documents were not released.
我是斯科特·西蒙。
I'm Scott Simon.
我是艾莎·罗斯科,这是来自NPR新闻的头条。
And I'm Ayesha Roscoe, and this is up first from NPR News.
在之前未公开的文件中,包括了前总统比尔·克林顿的照片。
Among the previously unseen files are photos of former president Bill Clinton.
但特朗普总统很少被提及。
But president Trump was rarely mentioned.
我们将进行分析。
We'll have analysis.
由于国会未能达成协议,数百万美国人面临医疗保费上涨。
And millions of Americans face price hikes on health care premiums after congress failed to strike a deal.
此外,年底节日派对众多,这段时间通常非常忙碌。
Plus, it can be a busy time of year with all of those holiday parties.
斯科特,你收到了一大堆邀请吗?
Scott, you got a whole bunch of invites?
没有。
No.
没人邀请我们去任何地方。
Nobody invites us anywhere.
如果我们有时间出去就好了。
If only we had time to even get out.
我们将为您提供应对节日季的建议,节日本应充满欢乐,却常常变得压力重重。
We'll have tips on how to negotiate the holiday season, which should be full of joy but can turn really stressful.
请继续关注我们。
So please stay with us.
我们为您带来开启周末所需的新闻。
We've got the news you need to start your weekend.
此信息来自Wise,一款全球使用资金的应用程序。
This message comes from Wise, the app for using money around the globe.
使用Wise管理资金时,您将始终获得中间市场汇率,且无隐藏费用。
When you manage your money with Wise, you'll always get the mid market exchange rate with no hidden fees.
加入数百万用户,访问wise.com。
Join millions of customers and visit wise.com.
条款和条件适用。
Ts and Cs apply.
司法部发布了与杰弗里·爱泼斯坦生平、死亡及刑事调查相关的文件。
The justice department has released files relating to the life, death, and criminal investigation into Jeffrey Epstein.
好吧,至少是一部分文件。
Well, at least some of them.
上个月,特朗普总统签署了一项法律,要求司法部在周五前交出这些文件。
A law signed by president Trump last month that directed the DOJ to turn over the documents by Friday.
NPR的史蒂文·福勒一直在审阅这些文件。
NPR's Steven Fowler has been reviewing the files.
史蒂文,感谢你参与我们的节目。
Steven, thanks for being with us.
早上好。
Good morning.
到底发布了什么内容?
What exactly was released?
嗯,表面上看,似乎内容很多。
Well, on the surface, it sure looked like a lot.
司法部的epstein网站在下午4点左右上线,访问前你必须排队等候。
Justice.gov/epstein went live around 4PM, and there was a queue you had to wait in before accessing the page.
Epstein档案库包含了超过十万页的法庭记录、《信息自由法》文件、司法部备忘录,以及2019年Epstein在联邦监狱自杀身亡前其牢房外的视频,还有上个月签署的《Epstein文件透明法案》强制司法部提供的文件。
The Epstein library contained well over 100,000 pages of court records, Freedom of Information Act files, memoranda from the justice department, and videos from outside Epstein's federal prison cell where he died by suicide in 2019, and documents that the Epstein files transparency act signed into law last month compelled the justice department to hand over.
感觉背后还有更多故事。
Feels like there's more to the story.
嗯,没错,这些并不是全部文件。
Well, yeah, it's not all the files.
但从整体释放的内容来看,实际上新信息并不多,斯科特。
And in the grand scheme of what was released, there aren't that many things that are actually new, Scott.
值得注意的是,这次最新发布的文件中提及总统的内容很少。
Notably, there aren't many mentions of the president in this latest release.
他在与 Epstein 反目之前是他的长期朋友,并且此前已出现在公开的文件中。
He was a longtime friend of Epstein before they had a falling out and has appeared in previously released files.
其中80%来自针对 Epstein、他的同伙吉斯莱恩·麦克斯韦及其他人的50多个案件的公开法庭记录。
80% of it comes from public court records for more than 50 cases against Epstein, his accomplice, Ghislain Maxwell, and others.
在这些新透明法案下,约有4000份文件,共计8500页。
There's about 4,000 files of 8,500 pages that fall under this new transparency act.
其中大部分是 Epstein 庄园的照片,以及他与前总统比尔·克林顿等人一同旅行的影像。
Most of those are photos of Epstein's estate and his travels with people like former president Bill Clinton among others.
还有一份此前未公开的1996年FBI报告,距今已三十年,指控 Epstein 涉嫌儿童色情犯罪,并 allegedly 威胁若受害者向他人透露此事,就要烧掉她的房子。
And there's this previously undisclosed FBI report from 1996, thirty years ago, that accused Epstein of child pornography crimes and allegedly threatened to burn the accuser's house down if she told anyone about it.
即便如此,仍有数百页内容被完全涂黑,尤其是涉及大陪审团信息的部分,留下了许多疑问。
Even then, there are hundreds of pages, just straight up redacted black boxes all over things like grand jury information that do leave a lot of questions.
法律要求司法部在昨天之前发布所有文件。
The law directed the justice department to release all of their files by yesterday.
但显然这并没有发生。
That apparently didn't happen.
部门官员怎么说?
What did department officials say?
司法部表示,在审查文件时发现了1200多名受害者和家属,并于周五在另一份法庭文件中指出,被遮盖的内容包括可能并非受害者的人员;为避免过度遮盖,他们采取了谨慎过度的策略,删除了可能超出法律要求的信息。
The DOJ says its review of the files found more than 1,200 victims and families and wrote in a separate court filing Friday that redactions include people who may not actually be victims as they air on the side of what they say might be viewed as an over redaction, taking out more than may be required by law out of an abundance of caution.
这也可能解释了为什么文件将分多次发布。
This could also explain why there will be more than one release of documents.
周五晚上,又上传了更多文件。
On Friday night, there were more files that were uploaded.
国会议员们的反应如何?
What's been the reaction from members of congress?
并非所有人都感到满意。
Not all of them are happy.
请记住,这项法律是在国会以近乎一致的意见通过的。
Remember, this was a near unanimous law that was passed through congress.
加利福尼亚州的民主党众议员罗·坎纳,作为《爱泼斯坦文件透明法案》的共同提案人,昨天对《所有事情都值得倾听》节目表示,公布的文件并非他所预期或希望看到的。
Democratic representative Ro Khanna of California who cosponsored the Epstein files transparency act told All Things Considered yesterday that the released files weren't what he expected or wanted.
他说,文件中的删减太多,而且完全缺失了一些信息。
He says there's too many redactions and missing information altogether.
举个例子。
Here's an example.
有一份关于杰弗里·爱泼斯坦第一起案件的起诉书草案,其中明确牵涉到其他知晓或参与虐待行为的富有且有权势的男性。
There's a draft indictment of the first Jeffrey Epstein case that really implicates other rich and powerful men who knew about the abuse or participated in it.
这份起诉书应当被公布。
That indictment should be released.
他的共和党共同提案人、肯塔基州的托马斯·马西表示,涉事官员可能面临弹劾,不过国会因假期即将休会一段时间。
His Republican cosponsor, Thomas Massey of Kentucky, said that impeachment could be on the table for officials involved, though congress is out of session for a while over the holidays.
斯蒂芬,我们现在能期待发生什么?
Stephen, what can we expect to happen now?
正如康纳斯所说,值得注意的是,已发布的文件中缺失了大量内容,有些人认为这些内容永远都不会公开。
Like Connas said, it's notable all of the things that aren't in the files that have been released and that some people think will never be.
今年夏天有一份联邦调查局备忘录称,他们手中掌握着约300千兆字节的证据。
There's an FBI memo from over the summer that said about 300 gigabytes of evidence is in their possession.
而特朗普总统在竞选期间煽动阴谋论,上任后又攻击希望了解更多信息的支持者,这种做法导致无论现在公布还是未来可能公开的信息,都无人会感到满意。
And the way president Trump has handled this by fanning flames of conspiracy on the campaign trail, then attacking his supporters for wanting to know more once he took office has basically made it where nobody is set to be satisfied with the information that is and could be put out there.
NPR的史蒂文·福勒,非常感谢。
NPR's Steven Fowler, thanks so much.
谢谢。
Thank you.
国会已离开华盛顿特区,进入假期休会,但尚未就医疗保健达成协议。
Congress left Washington DC for its holiday break without reaching a deal on health care.
这意味着通过《平价医疗法案》市场购买保险的人,将在1月1日看到保费大幅上涨。
That means those who use the Affordable Care Act marketplaces to buy their own insurance will see premiums rise a lot on January 1.
平均而言,每月费用将翻倍。
On average, monthly costs will double.
我们现在邀请到的是拉里·莱维特。
We're joined now by Larry Levitt.
他是无党派研究机构KFF的健康政策执行副总裁。
He's executive vice president for health policy at KFF, the nonpartisan research organization.
拉里,感谢你加入我们。
Larry, thanks for being with us.
谢谢你们邀请我。
Thanks for having me.
目前,使用这些增强型保费税收抵免购买保险的人情况如何?
Where do things stand now for people who use these enhanced premium tax credits to buy insurance?
正如你所说,国会已经休会,没有延长这些增强型保费税收抵免。
Well, as you said, congress has left town without extending these enhanced premium tax credits.
这些抵免自2021年以来一直存在,为自行购买保险的人提供额外援助,以降低保费负担。
These have been around since 2021, and they provide additional assistance to people who buy insurance on their own to make premiums more affordable.
因此,如果这些增强型税收抵免不被延长,使用《平价医疗法案》市场——即healthcare.gov或各州市场——的人们,将在新年当天看到他们的自付保费增加一倍以上,保费支出将增加一千多美元。
So without these enhanced tax credits being extended, people who use the Affordable Care Act marketplace, that's healthcare.gov or state based marketplaces, are gonna see their out of pocket premiums more than double on New Year's Day, or over a thousand dollars more in their premium payments.
国会之后还能做点什么吗?
Could congress do something later?
他们可以。
They could.
我的意思是,这里没有绝对的截止日期。
I mean, there's no drop dead date here.
人们将在1月1日看到保费上涨,但国会可以在一月晚些时候,甚至今年晚些时候回来,延长这些增强的税收抵免。
People are gonna see these increases in their premium payments January 1, but congress could come back later in January, even later in the year, and extend the enhanced tax credits.
它们将追溯至1月1日生效。
They would be retroactive to January 1.
但随着每一天过去,越来越多的人登录网站,看到这些惊人的保费上涨,然后选择放弃保险。
But with each passing day, more and more people are logging on, seeing these eye popping premium increases, and, walking away and going without insurance.
众议院议长迈克·约翰逊表示,这些额外的税收抵免只帮助了美国人口中的一小部分,即7%。
House speaker Mike Johnson says the extra tax credits help just a small portion of the American people, 7% of the population.
但这相当于两千二百万人。
But that is 22,000,000 people.
你怎么看?
How do you see it?
嗯,这是两千二百万人,确实有很多人。
Well, it is 22,000,000 people, and and that's a lot of people.
在很多方面,这些人尤其脆弱。
In many ways, these people are particularly vulnerable.
他们是那些工作单位不提供健康保险的人。
They're people who don't have health insurance at work.
你知道,他们从事的是不提供医疗福利的工作。
You know, they're in jobs that don't provide health benefits.
他们不符合医疗补助的资格。
They're not eligible for Medicaid.
他们不符合医疗保险的资格。
They're not eligible for Medicare.
所以他们只能靠自己。
So they're on their own.
而且医疗保险非常昂贵。
And health insurance is very expensive.
如果没有政府援助,特别是这些增强的税收抵免所提供的额外政府帮助,对这些人来说,医疗保险就实在太贵了。
So without government help, and especially the additional government help that these enhanced tax credits have been providing, health insurance is just very expensive for these folks.
这些是小企业主、优步司机、提前退休的人、农民,你知道,很多人根本没有多少可支配收入来支付医疗保险。
I mean, these are small business owners, Uber drivers, early retirees, farmers, you know, people who in many cases just don't have a lot of discretionary income to put towards health insurance.
这对整个医疗系统有什么影响?
And what's the effect on the health system at large?
医院、医生,甚至保险公司呢?
Hospitals, doctors, insurance companies for that matter?
你知道,没人会为保险公司感到难过,它们实际上会过得很好。
Well, you know, don't think anyone sheds any tears for insurance companies, and they'll frankly be just fine.
它们除了《平价医疗法案》的市场外,还有许多其他业务线。
And they have many other lines of business besides the Affordable Care Act marketplaces.
但医院将会面临困境。
But, know, hospitals are gonna struggle.
而且这不仅仅是这些增强的税收抵免,以及如果这些税收抵免最终未获延长,可能失去保险的数百万民众。
And it's not just these enhanced tax credits and the millions of people who will likely become uninsured if these tax credits are not ultimately extended.
但今年早些时候,我知道这一年已经很长了,但今年早些时候,国会的共和党人通过了一项法案,将从医疗补助和《平价医疗法案》中削减约一万亿美元。
But earlier this year, I know it's been a long year, but earlier this year, Republicans in Congress passed a bill that cuts roughly a trillion dollars out of both Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act.
这将导致预计又有1000万人失去保险。
That's gonna lead to an expected 10,000,000 more people uninsured.
因此,一些医院和诊所,特别是那些位于农村地区、本就勉强维持运营的机构,将不得不关闭,我们甚至已经看到一些机构在预期这些削减的情况下提前关闭了。
So there are hospitals and clinics, particularly those in rural areas that are operating, you know, right on the edge that are gonna close, and we've even seen some already close in anticipation of these cuts.
你看到任何缓解的希望吗?
Do you see any relief on the horizon?
有什么能提供帮助的措施吗?
Something that could help?
已经出现了一些两党合作的迹象。
There have been some glimmers of bipartisanship.
你知道,一开始就没有共和党人投票支持《平价医疗法案》。
You know, no Republicans voted for the Affordable Care Act to begin with.
2021年,没有共和党人投票支持这些增强的税收抵免。
No Republicans voted for these enhanced tax credits in 2021.
但我们看到一些共和党人表示,这些增强的税收抵免应该延长,我们需要避免人们保费大幅上涨。
But we have seen some Republicans say that these enhanced tax credits should be extended, that, we need to avoid people seeing big increases in their premiums.
你知道,在医疗保健领域,两党合作并不常见,因此这是一个积极的信号。
You know, and and bipartisanship is not something we see a lot in in health care, so that's a a promising sign.
但坦率地说,这些削减将极其巨大。
But, you know, frankly, the cuts are gonna be enormous.
我的意思是,即将来临的削减。
I mean, the cuts on the on the horizon.
我认为,由于这些削减,即将到来的中期选举中,医疗保健将成为一场重大辩论。
I think we're gonna see a big debate in the upcoming midterm election over health care as a result of these cuts.
来自无党派研究机构KFF的拉里·利文特,非常感谢您与我们交流。
Larry Leavitt from KFF, the nonpartisan research organization, thanks so much for being with us.
谢谢。
Thank you.
很容易被节日里繁多的待办事项和社交义务裹挟。
It's easy to get swept up in the holiday swirl of to dos and social obligations.
说实话。
Let's be honest.
谁不喜欢派对呢?
Who doesn't like a party?
我总是很乐意参加,但这个季节确实让人压力山大。
I'm always game, but the season can be stressful.
你知道吗,当你被堵在角落里,和一些人……嗯,也许我不该继续说了。
You know when you get stuck in a corner with, well, maybe I shouldn't go on.
也许吧。
Perhaps not.
但正因为如此,我们向NPR的艾莉森·奥布里寻求了一些度过这个节日季的建议。
But for that reason, we've turned to NPR's Allison Aubrey for some tips on how to get through this holiday season.
你好,艾莉森。
Hi, Allison.
嗨,阿伊莎。
Hi there, Ayesha.
很高兴来到这里。
It's great to be here.
我们很多人都期待假期的家庭聚会,但这些聚会也可能非常有压力。
Lots of us, we look forward to family gatherings at the holidays, but they also can be really stressful.
对吧?
Right?
当然。
Absolutely.
我认为假期可能会引发一系列的触发因素。
I think the holidays can bring kind of a perfect storm of triggers.
你知道的?
You know?
回到童年环境可能会唤起或激活旧有的情感模式。
Returning to a childhood setting can stir up or kind of activate old emotional patterns.
此外,还有高期望、日常被打乱、饮酒、疲惫、旅行,以及对一些人来说会浮现的未解决的冲突,这些因素交织在一起。
And there's also the combination of, you know, high expectations, disrupted routines, alcohol, exhaustion, travel, and for some people, unresolved conflicts that can surface.
因此,这可能会营造出一种情绪高度紧张的氛围。
So it can create a rather emotionally charged atmosphere.
那么,如果有人有节日焦虑,你有什么建议吗?
So what would you suggest if someone has holiday anxiety?
当然。
Sure.
去年我主持NPR的‘减压挑战’时,我学到的一点是,在情绪激烈的情况下,暂时离开、短暂休息会非常有帮助。
Well, one thing I learned when I led NPR's Stress Less Challenge last year is how helpful it can be to walk away, to take a short break if you're in an intense emotional situation.
所以,如果你感觉情绪升温,试着悄悄离开,尝试一种被称为‘3-3-3焦虑应对法’的技巧。
So if you find the temperature rising, try to quietly step away and try something called the three-three-three rule for anxiety.
这得到了许多心理咨询师和治疗师的推荐。
It's recommended by lots of counselors and therapists.
让我快速为你介绍一下这个方法。
So let me walk you through it really quickly.
你首先注意并说出三样你看到的东西,比如树、天空、你的手,然后注意三样你听到或感受到的事物,比如风、地面、鸟鸣,或者甚至是你自己的呼吸。
You start by simply noticing and naming three things you see, you know, the tree, the skies, your hands, then three things you hear or feel, the wind, the ground, like a bird chirp, or, you know, even your own breath.
接着轻轻活动身体的三个部位。
And then gently move three parts of your body.
比如跺跺脚、转动脖子,或者动动手指。
So tap your toes or bend your neck or wiggle a finger.
现在,将注意力集中在这些外部事物上,可以帮助你从忧虑中抽离,转而关注周围当下的现实。
Now placing your attention on all these external things can pull you away from your worries to the immediacy of what's around you.
当你这样做时,当你真正触碰到现实,它会产生一种平静的效果,有助于打破焦虑思绪的恶性循环。
And as you do this, as you kind of touch what's real, it can have a calming effect and can help kind of break that spiral of anxious thoughts.
除了家庭之外,这也是一个欢庆的时节。
In addition to family, you know, it's also a time of of merrymaking.
对吧?
Right?
当然。
Absolutely.
对于那些想在享受饼干和鸡尾酒的同时保持健康习惯的人,你有什么建议吗?
Do you have any advice for those who want to, you know, balance the cookies and the cocktails with their healthy habits?
当然。
Sure.
首先,我不想当个扫兴的人。
Now, first of all, I do not wanna be Scrooge here.
我的意思是,享受节日美食没什么不对。
I mean, there is nothing wrong with enjoying holiday treats.
但如果你知道自己容易在饮食、饮酒或熬夜方面过度,可以试试一些方法。
But if you know you have a tendency to overdo it with food or drink or staying out too late, there are some things you can try.
我喜欢这个策略:找一个伙伴。
I like this strategy to kind of find a buddy.
这个人可以是朋友、伴侣或配偶,只要你们目标一致,能够互相监督。
It could be a friend, a partner, your spouse, someone who you are on the same page with, who can hold you accountable.
比如说,关于一整天或一晚上的饮酒,你们可以约定不超过两杯。
So say we're talking about alcohol over the course of the evening or the day, you may agree you don't wanna consume more than, you know, two drinks.
所以你们可以互相帮助控制节奏,提醒彼此在饮品之间交替喝水,以减缓饮酒速度。
So you can help each other pace and remind each other to alternate between water and a drink to kinda slow each other down.
还有很多应用程序可以帮助你适度控制。
There's lots of apps to help moderate as well.
其中一个叫Sunnyside。
One is called Sunnyside.
它们可以帮助你找到社群支持,并发送每日提醒或提示,帮助你适度控制。
They can help you find community support and send you daily reminders or nudges to try to help you moderate.
那如果你最终过量了并感到内疚怎么办?
So what if you end up overdoing it and you feel guilty?
如果你对自己感到沮丧,这正是运用一种叫做积极重评的技巧的绝佳时机。
If you're feeling down on yourself, it is a perfect moment to use a skill known as positive reappraisal.
是的,也许你过量了,但情况本可能更糟。
So yeah, maybe you overindulged, but it could have been worse.
而且积极的一面是,你可能和家人朋友共度了时光。
And on the plus side, maybe you spent time with family and friends.
所以积极重构就是主动寻找积极的一面,而不是让负面情绪占据上风。
So positive reappraisal is all about actively seeking the silver lining rather than letting kind of negative emotions take over.
研究表明,这可以减少焦虑,增强积极情绪,而且明天又是新的一天。
And the evidence shows that this can lead to less anxiety, more positive feelings, and tomorrow is a new day.
明天你可以做得更好。
You can do better tomorrow.
这是NPR新闻的食品与健康记者艾莉森·奥布里。
That's Alison Aubrey, food and health correspondent for NPR News.
非常感谢你。
Thank you so much.
谢谢你,艾莎。
Thank you, Ayesha.
很高兴能来这里。
Great to be here.
这就是本周六,2025年12月20日的首个话题。
And that's up first for Saturday, 12/20/2025.
我是斯科特·西蒙。
I'm Scott Simon.
我是艾莎·罗斯科。
And I'm Ayesha Roscoe.
费尔南多·纳罗在加布·奥康纳和萨曼莎·巴拉班的帮助下制作了今天的播客。
Fernando Naro produced today's podcast with help from Gabe O'Connor and Samantha Balaban.
我们由加布里埃尔·杜纳托夫、黛安娜·韦伯、梅根·普拉茨和马丁·帕蒂斯编辑。
We've been edited by Gabriel Dunatov, Diana Weber, Megan Pratz, and Martin Patience.
艾米·克雷格是我们的导演。
Amy Craig is our director.
我们的技术总监是大卫·格林伯格,工程支持由尼莎·海恩斯、佐伊·万肯霍文、斯泰西·阿博特和罗伯特·罗德里格斯提供。
Our technical director is David Greenberg with engineering support from Nisha Hynes, Zoe Vankenhoven, Stacy Abbott, and Robert Rodriguez.
我们的高级主管编辑是香农·罗兹。
Our senior supervising editor is Shannon Rhodes.
EB·斯通是我们的执行制片人,吉姆·凯恩是我们的副管理编辑。
EB Stone is our executive producer, and Jim Cain is our deputy managing editor.
现在假期快到了,对孩子来说,尤其是我的孩子,这意味着额外的屏幕时间。
Now the holidays are almost upon us, and for the kids, especially my kids, that means some extra screen time.
如果说实话,也许有点太多了。
And if I'm honest, maybe a little too much.
你知道的,Roblox、Minecraft 和 Fortnite 是他们最喜欢的。
You know, Roblox, Minecraft, and Fortnite, those are their faves.
但在线玩游戏真的值得担忧吗?
But is playing games online really a cause for concern?
明天在《周日故事》中,我将采访研究人员埃利·斯塔克·埃尔斯特,谈谈父母在屏幕时间问题上的一些误解。
Tomorrow on the Sunday story, I speak to researcher Eli Stark Elster about some of the misconceptions parents have when it comes to screen time.
如果你想了解所有你需要的新闻,那些你根本不知道自己需要甚至想要的故事,可以收听 NPR。
And for all the news you need, the stories you had no idea you needed or even wanted, you can tune in to NPR.
你可以访问 stations.npr.org 找到你当地的电台。
You can find your local station stations.npr.org.
顺便问一下,你知道这个播客被提名了金球奖吗?
By the way, did you know this podcast was nominated for Golden Globe Award?
这真的很棒。
That's really cool.
在人生中,你能做到的最好的就是参与其中。
That's all you can hope for in life, to be in the mix.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。