本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
在本期《今日解析》中,我采访了民主党最顶尖的明星之一,也是在德克萨斯州参议员竞选中最具争议的人物之一。
Coming up on Today Explained, I talked to one of the top stars of the Democratic Party and one of the most divisive about her run for senate in Texas.
我想知道,有没有那种时候,言辞会过火?
I wonder, like, is there times in which the rhetoric goes too far?
有没有那种时候,你应该说,嘿,我那次可能搞砸了?
Are there times in which you should say, you know, maybe I messed that one up?
没有。
No.
在这个环境下没有。
Not in this environment.
我不这么认为。
I don't.
我认为,我们真的正处于一个前所未有的境地。
I think that, you know, we are really in unchartered territory.
本周《今日解析》专访众议员贾斯敏·克罗克特。
Representative Jasmine Crockett, this week on Today Explained.
在您收听播客的任何平台收听。
Listen wherever you get your podcast.
冬季的天气是否让你感到疲惫、孤僻、情绪低落?
Does the winter weather have you feeling tired, antisocial, sad?
你可以向我们的挪威朋友学习一下。
You may wanna take a cue from our friends in Norway.
他们往往会关注这个季节中自己喜欢的方面,而不是仅仅把它看作一个需要熬过去的时期。
Really, they tend to orient towards the things that they like about the season instead of just sort of seeing it as a time of year to endure.
如何拥抱冬天。
How to embrace the winter.
接下来是《给我解释一下》。
That's on the next explain it to me.
每周日新节目上线,敬请在您收听播客的任何平台收听。
New episodes every Sunday wherever you get your podcasts.
好的。
Alright.
播客。
Pod.
痒痒。
Tickle.
从去年到现在都没洗过澡。
Showered since last year.
我从来没洗过我的糖果。
I never washed my sweets.
谁啊
Who did
做过这样的事
something that
就是说,我从去年到现在都没换过内裤?
was like, I haven't changed my underwear since last year?
现在都一月第三周了。
It's like, we're three weeks into January.
在线的网友们,你们好?
Is up, people of the Internet?
欢迎回到《Waveform播客》的又一期节目。
Welcome back to another episode of the Waveform Podcast.
我们是你们的主持人。
We're your hosts.
我是马奎斯。
I'm Marques.
我是安德鲁。
I'm Andrew.
我是大卫。
And I'm David.
这里真冷啊。
It's really cold in here.
有点冷。
It's chilly.
实际上,到处都很冷。
It's cold everywhere, actually.
不过,是的,我们有很多话题要聊。
But, yeah, we have a lot to talk about.
我们收到了消息,OpenAI 和 Nova Launcher 都在他们的产品中加入了广告。
We got, OpenAI and Nova Launcher both adding ads to their products.
我们得谈谈这个。
We gotta talk about that.
还有,索尼和 TCL 联手打造电视,这是怎么回事?
Also, Sony and TCL joining forces to make TVs, question mark.
一堆关于 OnePlus 的八卦在 Twitter 上陆续曝光,我们也得聊聊这个。
A bunch of OnePlus drama that has sort of unfolded on Twitter, and we gotta talk about that.
还有,YouTube 工会的现状,由首席执行官尼尔·莫汉提出,但由我来分析。
And then also the state of the YouTube Union as presented by Neil Mohan, CEO, but analyzed by me.
所以我们会一一谈到这些。
So we'll get to all of that.
但首先,这周的‘但首先’是什么?
But first, which is the but first this week?
Netflix 正在推出实时投票功能。
Netflix is introducing live voting.
这真是一个很小的
This is such a small
实时投票。
Live voting.
小公告。
Little announcement, though.
但我
But I
觉得这真的很酷。
think it's really cool.
那是什么?
What is it?
就像还记得《美国偶像》时代,我们曾经通过短信投票选出冠军吗?
It's like, remember the American Idol days where we used to like vote for the winners by text message?
那时候是发短信
It was texting
或者打电话。
or calling.
你觉得《与星共舞》是这样做的吗?
Think it was Does Dancing With the Stars do that?
我不知道。
I don't know.
大概吧。
Probably.
我觉得他们确实是。
I feel like they do.
我肯定现在还有一些节目还在这么做
I'm sure there are still things that do
用它来
it with
《The Voice》。
The Voice.
《蒙面歌王》大概也是这么做的?
What's The Masked Singer probably does?
我简直不敢相信我们还没被邀请参加这个节目。
I can't believe we haven't gotten invited to do that yet.
但我等不及了。
But I can't wait.
不可能。
No way.
现在在Netflix上,通过手机应用或电视遥控器,你可以通过多种方式参与实时互动。
On Netflix now live events via either the mobile app or the TV remote, there are different ways you'll be able to participate.
但你不能再用Chromecast投射Netflix了。
But you can't Chromecast Netflix anymore.
所以呢
So there
就是这样。
you go.
是的。
Yeah.
他们移除了Chromecast功能
They got rid of the Chromecast feature
几周前。
a few weeks ago.
不错。
Cool.
谢谢,Netflix。
Thanks, Netflix.
Netflix总是在增加新功能。
Netflix is always adding stuff.
是的。
They are.
他们不是曾经尝试过
Didn't they try
做直播,比如那个弹跳的,嗯,活动,还行吧。
to do streaming, like that bouncing Well, event okay.
或者
Or
这所有的一切都基于实时活动,因为它影响了活动的进行。
here's, this is all based on live events because it's affecting the event for it.
我立刻写到,如果你知道任何以前的Netflix直播活动,你知道这种功能在相当长一段时间内根本不可能成功。
And I immediately wrote after this, if you're aware of any previous Netflix live events, you know there's zero chance this works for quite a while.
我无法说清自己尝试观看过多少次《爱是盲目的》或其他Netflix直播活动,结果要么严重延迟,要么根本无法观看。
I can't tell how many Netflix live things for Love is Blind or whatever that I've tried to watch that just were massively delayed or didn't work at all.
我不明白Netflix为什么就是搞不定直播,感觉
I don't know why Netflix can't figure out live, it feels
就像。
like.
因为他们希望你能在应用内实时进行Polymarket投注。
It's because they want you to be able to do Polymarket bets live on the app.
当我们谈到YouTube的年度状态报告时,一定要记住所有这些内容,因为我们对其他所有流媒体平台的抱怨,最终都会落到YouTube身上——哦,对了,YouTube是最大的流媒体平台,一切都很稳定,它是整个创作者经济的中心,所有内容都集中在这里。
Should remember all of this when we get to the end and we talk about the YouTube State of the Union, because every complaint that we have about all the rest of the streamers will get to YouTube at the end, and it's like, oh yeah, YouTube is the biggest streamer, and everything works, and it's the most stable, and it's the entire creator economy, and it's where all the content is.
不过,我们稍后再谈这个。
Anyway, we'll get to that later, obviously.
好的。
All right.
但没错,Netflix在做更多事情。
But yeah, Netflix doing more stuff.
他们也在尝试做播客。
They're trying to do podcasts too.
他们总是在做各种事情。
They're always doing stuff.
今天,这个视频周五上线,亚历克斯·霍诺尔德将进行台北101的攀登。
Today, day this goes live Friday, Alex Honnold is doing that Taipei 101 climb.
是的。
Yes.
在
On
Netflix上。
Netflix.
他将在Netflix上免费直播攀登台北101。
He's scaling the Taipei 101 live on Netflix free solo.
那是一栋楼,对吧?
It's a building, right?
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
我觉得那是
I think it was
他正在电视上免费单人攀登。
He's doing it free solo live on TV.
在电视上直播。
Live on TV.
太糟糕了。
Terrible idea.
我会
I will
不看这个。
not be watching this.
不会看这个。
Will be not watching this.
坦白说,亚历克斯,快从上面下来。
Frankly, Alex, get down from there.
你可能会
You're gonna
伤到自己。
hurt yourself.
我是粉丝。
Big fan.
我是粉丝。
Big fan.
我觉得这会
I think this will
对他来说不是问题。
be no problem for him.
就攀爬点和所有方面来说,跟酋长岩相比简直不值一提,但我还是觉得,变量太多,而且是现场直播。
Like in terms of holds and everything, it's literally nothing compared to El Cap, but I still don't, there's too many variables and live.
你可以好好活着。
You can live your life.
我只是觉得我们不需要直播这段画面。
I just don't think we need the live footage of it.
是的。
Yeah.
如果真发生了的话。
If it happens.
我不明白他们为什么要在Netflix上直播这个。
I don't know why they're doing this live on Netflix.
我不想亲眼看到一场
I don't want to witness a
现场坠落。
live crash.
对于那些只是好奇、可能像我一样刚搜索过的观众来说,台北101是一座101层、高508米的摩天大楼。
For those who are just wondering and may have just Googled it like me, the Taipei 101 is a 101 story, sixteen sixty seven foot tower in Taipei.
很酷。
It's cool.
我进去过。
Been inside it.
里面有一个巨大的阻尼球,贯穿建筑中心,主要用于吸收地震时的震动,以及因为靠近断层而产生的各种轻微晃动。
They have a big ball bearing on the inside that goes through the center of the column that basically, it's supposed to take like earthquake, you know, movements and also just like random little shakes because it's like near fault line.
所以有时候你在里面时,能看到位于建筑中心的球体短暂地晃动。
And so sometimes when you're in there, you can see the ball that's like in the center of the building, kind of just like swaying briefly.
它能承受所有的
It takes all of the,
建筑晃动。
the swing of the building.
这挺酷的。
That's pretty cool.
是的。
Yeah.
希望他攀爬的时候别发生这种情况。
Hopefully that doesn't happen while he's climbing it.
我不喜欢这样。
I don't like it.
我就想说这些。
That's all I
我要说的就这些。
gotta say.
这是专属于你的奈飞内容。
It's Netflix for you.
我正在寻求专业人士的帮助。
I'm seeing professionals.
在自由独攀中,他有一条很重要的原则:他根本不希望制作团队告诉他什么时候可以行动。
One big thing in free solo he had was he like, he really didn't want the production to ever tell him when he could do something.
考虑到奈飞做直播的方式,一旦直播失败,他们到底会延迟多久呢?
Knowing how Netflix is doing live stuff, how long are they gonna delay this when it inevitably doesn't go live?
哦,是啊。
Oh, yeah.
这让我想起我做大卫·布莱恩的‘升空’表演时的情况
This reminds me of when I did the David Blaine free the Ascension thing
我们那次做的,当时
that we did where we
原计划是完全不同的日子,但那天风有点太大了。
it was gonna be a completely different day, and it was just slightly too windy.
他不得不再飞上去一次
He had to float up another
这是靠天吃饭的天气。
That's sky holding weather.
是啊,今天不行。
Yeah, not today.
明天风会好一些。
Tomorrow, winds will be better.
气象预报员说:没错,这天气完美极了。
Weatherman was like, yep, this is perfect.
我们第二天就做了。
We did it the next day.
Netflix那边说,我们实际上并不清楚自己在
Netflix is like, we don't technically know what we're
做什么。
doing at all.
这就是为什么它什么都失败。
That's why it fails everything.
这不是你想听到的。
Not what you wanna hear.
我只是对这个感到紧张,因为台北非常潮湿,你的手会变得黏糊糊的,你知道吗?
I'm just nervous about this because Taipei is very humid, and your hands get all clammy, you know?
粉笔。
Chalk.
是的,但然后就会变得黏糊糊的,很恶心,你知道吗?
Yeah, but then gets all mushy and gross, you know?
他可能已经想好要怎么处理了
He's probably figured out what to do with the
是的,我觉得他知道
Yeah, I think he knows
他知道他在做什么,但我还是不喜欢。
what he's doing, but I still don't like it.
我就说这些。
That's all I gotta say.
好吧。
All right.
继续吧。
Moving on.
走吧。
Let's go.
OpenAI,添加广告。
OpenAI, adding ads.
我在这段对话里已经多次输入‘添加广告’这个短语,以至于它现在听起来都不像两个真实的单词了。
I've had to type the phrase adding ads so many times in this that it it doesn't feel like a real word or two real words anymore.
添加广告。
Adding ad.
添加广告。
Adding ad.
所以免费版和最低档的Go版的ChatGPT。
So chat GPT in the free tier and the bottom Go tier.
所以OpenAI最近决定将Go档位向更多用户开放。
So OpenAI recently released, decided they were going to release the Go tier to more people.
最初,这只是一个在印度试点的项目,以更低的价格销售ChatGPT,但现在他们正将这一服务扩展到更多用户。
Originally, this was just a pilot program in India to sell ChatGPT at a lower rate, but now they are expanding that to more users.
当然,就像Netflix推出广告支持的套餐一样,他们现在也要在较便宜的档位中加入广告。
And of course, just like Netflix did when they made the ad supported tier, they are now going to put ads in the cheaper tiers.
很久以前,萨姆·阿尔特曼曾被引用说过,我们永远不会投放广告。
Sam Altman a long time ago, I think he was quoted saying, we'll never have ads.
现在是2024年了,他说,我基本上把广告视为一种最后的商业模式。
It's in 2024, he said, I kind of think of ads as a last resorts as a business model.
如果你现在就在这么做,那这种最后的手段可不怎么样。
Which last resort's not great if that's what you're doing right now.
是的,没错。
They yeah.
与此同时,他们还就广告的运作方式发表了一些声明。
So along with that, they had some statements about how the ads work.
他们表示,广告不会影响你在ChatGPT中的回复。
They're saying that it will not affect your responses in ChatGPT.
广告始终是独立的,并且有明确标注。
The ads are always separate and clearly labeled.
用户与广告商之间是私密的,而高级别服务则不会出现广告。
The conversations are private from advertisers and the higher tiers won't have ads.
这里有一个你可以看到的示例。
There is an example that you can see here.
亚当会把它显示在屏幕上。
Adam will put it on the screen.
不,我不会。
No, I won't.
这个例子是这样的:比如你问晚餐要一道正宗的墨西哥菜,然后Chatuchipiti会给你几个选项。
The example is so it's like asking for an authentic Mexican dish for dinner party, and then Chatuchipiti goes on to give you a couple options.
然后在下面,虽然不是特别明显地分隔开,但会写着‘Harvest Grocery赞助’,并说这些选项可能对你采购食材有帮助,并列出一些你可以购买的食材。
And then under it, kind of clearly separated, not too clearly, but then it says harvest grocery sponsors and says these options might help if you're stocking up on ingredients and has some ingredients that you can buy.
是的。
Yeah.
看起来像广告。
Looks like an ad.
它看起来像广告。
It looks like an ad.
但在我看来,这正是一个可能在未来轻易操纵结果以增加...
But in my eyes, this feels like the exact example of something that could so easily manipulate results later down the line to increase
是的。
Yeah.
广告费率。
Ad rates.
而且在未来,首先他们说,不会有任何广告影响结果。
And like like in the future, first of all, they said, we're not going to, no ads will affect results.
但两年前,他们说广告是最后的手段。
But also two years ago, they said ads are a last resort.
所以我们已经不太相信他们说的话了。
So we're already kind of not trusting what they're saying.
但为什么这不会变成这样:我想找一道意大利菜的食谱,但全食超市的广告费率高得多。
But why would this not be like, oh, I want a recipe for this Italian dish, but Whole Foods ad rates pay way better.
但这个食材在全食超市买不到,所以我们就用另一个广告费率更高的公司的食材来替代。
But this ingredient isn't available at Whole Foods, so let's just substitute one of those ingredients in for something from a better ad rate company.
所以他们的论点是,广告 Ideally 永远不应该影响产品和实际结果。
So the argument is like, the ads should ideally never affect the product and the actual results.
而且,它绝不应该隐藏在你和聊天机器人对话时,它只是告诉你某件事,而实际上这是一则广告。
And it should never be hidden in like, you're talking to the chatbot and it just telling you about a thing and it's secretly an ad.
这种事情绝对不应该发生。
Like that should never happen.
应该如此。
Should.
但你的担忧是,如果它知道用某种回应可以投放广告,而用另一种回应则不能,它可能会选择那种能投放广告的回应。
But your concern is potentially, if it knows it can serve an ad with a certain response, or it couldn't with another response, it might choose their response to also serve an ad.
我认为这个例子太糟糕了,根本无法证明广告不会产生影响,因为在这个例子中,很明显它只是为了更多钱就可以轻易实现。
I think this is an awful example to try and prove that it's not going to affect, because it's so easy to see in this example where it could easily be implemented in for just more money.
这种长期发展趋势总是比你想象的更糟。
The long tail progression of this is always worse than you think.
很多时候,当科技公司的首席执行官说‘我们绝不会这么做’时。
A lot of times when tech CEOs say like, we will never do this.
大约两年后,他们就开始这么做了,还为自己的行为找借口。
About two years later, they start doing it and they make excuses for it.
说到德米斯·哈萨比斯,他是谷歌DeepMind的首席执行官,负责开发Gemini,他曾回应萨姆·阿尔特曼在ChatGPT中添加广告的做法,表示Gemini没有投放广告的计划;至于OpenAI测试广告,也许他们觉得需要增加收入,但这有点令人失望。
Speaking of Demis Hassabis, which is the CEO of Google DeepMind, which makes Gemini responded to Sam Altman adding these ads to ChatGPT saying, do not have any plans for ads in Gemini and regarding OpenAI testing ads, maybe they feel they need to make more revenue, which is kind of a burn.
这很可能源于那些内部文件的报道,称他们今年可能亏损高达140亿美元。
That also of isn't like probably stems off the back of these like reports of the internal documents saying they might lose like $14,000,000,000 this year.
是的。
Yeah.
所以最后的手段来得比我们预想的快多了。
So last resort came up on us pretty quick here.
他们正在迅速消耗大量资金。
They're burning through a lot of money.
他们从这些项目中还没有赚到任何钱。
They haven't made any money for any of these things.
我看到一个特别棒的梗,上面写着‘2024年的OpenAI’,下面只写着‘$0’。
I saw this great meme that was like, OpenAI in 2024, and it just said like dollar sign zero.
然后2026年,写的是‘$0,000,000’
And then 2026, and it was dollar sign zero comma zero zero zero comma zero zero zero
零零零。
comma zero zero zero.
0美元。
$0.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
他们还要求广告商在参与任何广告投放时,至少承诺投入一百万美元。
They are also asking advertisers to commit at least a million in advertising if they sign up for any advertising at all.
是的。
Yeah.
这是一项巨大的承诺。
So that's a big commitment.
我认为很多人可能看到了这里的机遇,因为ChatGPT的使用已经超出了
I think that a lot of people probably see the opportunity here because ChatGPT use is It's out of super
很高,这很合理,因为ChatGPT可能比谷歌更了解你。
high, and it makes sense because it should know maybe even more about you than Google.
比如,当我使用谷歌时,我是在搜索我想找的东西,但很多人以更深入的方式使用ChatGPT,比如:我想知道这些,我想理解这些。
Like if I go to Google, I'm searching for things I want to find, but a lot of people use ChatGPT in much deeper ways of like, these are things I want to know, these are things I want to understand.
这是关于我的信息,用以帮助我做出决策。
This is information about me to help inform my thing.
所以现在它了解了关于你的所有这些信息。
And so now it knows all this stuff about you.
因此,广告理论上可以更加精准。
And so the ads, I guess, theoretically could be more targeted.
所以如果你是广告主,你可能会喜欢这一点。
So if you're an advertiser, you probably like that.
当然。
For sure.
我们都清楚,当这个功能上线后会怎样:人们会向ChatGPT提出各种离谱的问题,然后系统就会推送相关商品的广告。
Which we all know how great this is gonna play out when it's implemented, which will turn into a bunch of people asking super deranged things to ChatGPT and getting advertisements for the potential item underneath it.
是的。
Yeah.
我们看看他们对广告对象是否有标准。
We'll see if they have standards for who they advertise.
我们又要迎来另一个‘不像x’了。
We'll have another Unlike x.
但即使以前,当它经常失控的时候,你问它名字或者一些奇怪的问题,你还记得吗?
Well, but even like when they used to remember when it used to go off the rails all the time and you would like ask it its name and weird stuff like that?
我们又要经历一周这样的情况了。
Like we're gonna get another week of that.
它就只会展示广告吗?
It's just gonna be showing Advertising?
广告推广那些根本不想参与这种对话的商品,然后它会瘫痪一周,接着他们再调整一切,
Advertising for items that really don't wanna be part of that conversation and it'll be broken for a week and then they'll adjust everything and
YouTube上已经发生过这种事了,广告末日。
That's happened on YouTube, the adpocalypse.
还记得吗?
Remember that?
当广告费率被大幅削减的时候?
When the ad rates all got cut like crazy?
是的,因为曾经有人截取了大型公司广告与YouTube上某些恶劣视频并列的画面。
Yeah, because briefly there was people taking screenshots of a large company ad alongside some heinous video that happened to be on YouTube.
当时人们会想:你真的希望你的品牌出现在这种内容旁边吗?
It was like, oh, do you really want your brand alongside this?
YouTube太不安全了。
YouTube is so brand unsafe.
于是所有市场营销总监和经理都意识到:这标题太糟了,于是撤回了所有在YouTube上的广告投放,以免看起来在支持不安全的品牌内容。
And then all the marketing CEOs and managers went, oh, that's a bad headline, pulled all their spending so that they didn't look like they were doing brand unsafe things by advertising on YouTube.
YouTube不得不回应:不,不,不,没问题的。
And YouTube had to go, no, no, no, it's fine.
这种情况并不常发生。
That doesn't happen very often.
事实上,我们会做得更好。
In fact, we're going to do better.
他们不得不慢慢说服所有广告主回来。
And they had to slowly convince all the advertisers to come back.
但我认为他们其实不必说服所有广告主回来,因为除此之外没有其他方式能接触到那些用户。
But I also would argue that they didn't have to convince all the advertisers to come back, because there's no other way to reach those people.
所以他们都回来了,现在我们就在这里。
So they all came back, and now here we are.
因此,如果OpenAI出现这样一个时刻——比如一把刀的广告出现在用户询问如何用这把刀做些疯狂事情的荒谬查询旁边,这种情形也可能再次发生。
So that arc could be a possibility again for OpenAI if they have a whole moment where there's an ad for a knife alongside a ridiculous query about how I want to use this knife to do something crazy.
所以,是的,这种情况也可能再次出现。
So yeah, that may be a possibility again.
我觉得设置百万美元的最低门槛就是为了防止随便什么人买广告。
I feel like that's what the million dollar minimum is for to avoid randos just buying ads.
你是说像BlueChew那样的吗?
You mean like blue chew?
哦,什么?
Oh, what?
我的意思是,在埃隆收购后的头一年里,Blue Chew几乎是唯一的广告赞助商,因为没人愿意投广告。
I mean, over Twitter for the first like year of them, of Elon ownership, Blue Chew was like the only sponsor because nobody wanted to run ads.
他们说,嘿。
They're like, hey.
那真的很糟糕。
Was It was really bad.
完全是无名小品牌,感觉像劣质的Etsy店铺广告。
Like absolute no name felt like crappy Etsy store type ad.
太糟糕了。
It was horrible.
到处都是白标化的速卖通商品。
White labeled AliExpress items all over it.
现在许多品牌都回来了,但那段时期确实很艰难,但我在
Now a lot of the brands came back, but it was pretty rough for a But I
我觉得这个百万美元广告的问题在于,他们未必真的想清除低质量广告。
think the thing with the million dollar ad, I don't think they're necessarily trying to get rid of maybe low quality ads.
我的意思是,高质量广告会被放在低质量的搜索结果中,试图搞点花样,但这可能会适得其反。
I'm saying more of high quality ads are going to be placed in low quality search results trying to do something funny, and that could backfire.
你什么意思?
What do mean
所谓的‘搞点花样’是指什么?
by trying to do something funny?
比如人们会在ChatGPT里输入一些愚蠢的内容,试图测试它、让它崩溃,从而像马奎斯说的那样触发广告。
Like people are gonna type stupid stuff into ChatGPT to essentially try and break it and get requested an ad like Marques said.
哦,这样啊。
Like Oh.
也许你故意说一些疯狂的话,比如想用刀做明显违法的事情。
Maybe you say something wild about wanting to use a knife for something that's clearly illegal.
对。
Right.
下一秒,Cabela's 就出现在底部,向你推销一把猎刀之类的东西,而你根本不想和这种广告产生关联。
And next thing you know, Cabela's is on the bottom selling you a hunting knife or something like that, which would never want to be associated
与是的有关。
with Yeah.
你们知道 ChatGPT 可能对你了解得更多吗?
Do you guys know about ChatGPT probably knowing even more about you?
我的意思是,Meta 的整个业务就是非常了解你,并且它通过两种方式了解你。
I mean, Meta's entire business is that it knows a lot about you, and it knows a lot about you through two ways.
第一,Facebook,你直接告诉了它关于你的一切,但这些数据已经很老旧了,因为人们从不更新他们的 Facebook。
One, Facebook, you just told it everything about you, that data is very old and people never update their Facebook.
所以,也就那样吧。
So it's like, whatever.
第二是 Facebook Pixel,它会追踪你在互联网上的行为。
Two is the Facebook Pixel that tracks you around the internet.
谷歌在你搜索时也是这么做的,这就是为什么谷歌的广告业务不错,但不如 Meta 的好。
That's exactly what Google does when you're searching things on Google, and that's why Google's ad business is like good, but not as good as Meta's.
但现在你一直在向ChatGPT透露你生活中的一切。
But now you're just constantly telling ChatGPT about everything you are doing in your life.
比如当你进行谷歌搜索时,它会想:你搜索这个是因为你属于这个人群和这个地区。
Like when you make a Google query, it is like, I'm searching something because you search this and you're in this demographic and you're in this location.
我们可以根据这个庞大的数据池推断,你可能对这个感兴趣。
We can infer based on this big data pool that you probably are interested in this.
但ChatGPT会想:哦,他问了这个。
But ChatGPT is like, Oh, he asked for that.
这很糟糕。
It's bad.
我多次想要实现,却一直未能意识到。
Wanted it many I times in many realize
知道你手机上搜索的一切,和现在ChatGPT所了解的之间的区别在于:它知道你告诉过治疗师的一切、你所有导师、你的老板,还有你的……
like the difference between knowing everything you search on your phone and ChatGPT now is like, I know everything that you told your therapist, every mentor you've ever had, your boss, your Yeah.
比如每一个,是的。
Like every, yeah.
你的医疗问题。
Your medical questions.
是的,完全正确。
Yeah, totally.
这是个巨大的机会,但他们必须小心。
It's a big opportunity, but they gotta be careful.
事情可能会很快变得疯狂。
It can get crazy pretty quick.
我不知道你是不是想转到讨论Facebook Pixel,但不是。
Well, I don't know if you're attempting to segue talking about Facebook Pixel, but No.
确实是。
It is
Nova启动器,不是哦,不是。
Nova Launcher, not oh, no.
他们把Facebook和Google的广告追踪代码添加到了新的Nova启动器中。
Is getting it's getting they added Facebook and Google track ad tracking code into the new Nova Launcher.
进入Nova
Into Nova
启动器?
Launcher?
他们不是被收购了吗
Didn't they get bought by
是的。
a Yes.
给我一个关于当前情况的简短概要。
Did a really quick TLDR of what's going on.
在过去两年里,我快速介绍一下。
Over the last two years, I'll just really quickly run through this.
一家名为Branch的公司在2022年收购了Nova Launcher。
Company called Branch acquired Nova Launcher in 2022.
我记得那些事。
I remember those.
2024年。
2024.
我觉得这个方程式下面应该配点悲伤的音乐。
I feel like sad music underneath this equation.
我
I
我爱Nova。
love Nova.
2024年,发生了大量裁员,以至于唯一剩下的全职开发者只有创始人凯文·巴里。
In 2024, there were so many layoffs to the point where the only person left as a full time developer was the founder, Kevin Barry.
这句话真让人难过。
That is such a sad sentence.
是啊。
It is.
然后,凯文在合同中加入了条款,或者说是合同中被加入了这样的内容:如果他离开Branch公司,代码将开源并交还给社区。
And then Kevin put into his contract, or got put into his contract, that if he were ever to leave Branch, the code would be open source and given to the community.
然后在九月,他被要求停止开发这款应用,也停止将其开源,直到上周,Nova 被一家名为 Instabridge 的瑞典公司收购。
Then in September, he was told to stop working on the app and stop working on making it open source, to where then this past week, Nova was acquired by a company called Instabridge based in Sweden.
他们声称不会关闭这款应用。
They claim it's not shutting down.
他们希望它能持续得到维护。
They want it to be actively maintained.
他们计划通过投放广告来建立可持续的商业模式。
They're planning on putting ads to have a sustainable business model.
这到底是什么鬼东西?
What the heck
这是怎么回事?
is this?
我们承诺 Nova Prime 不会包含任何广告,价格为 3.99 美元。另外, somewhere in here, I don't know why I didn't write it, Kevin's leaving Nova.
Are committed to no ads in Nova Prime, which will be $3.99 Also somewhere in here, I don't know why I didn't write it, Kevin's leaving Nova.
是的。
Yeah.
是的,Nova Prime 是 3.99 美元,没有广告。
Yeah, Nova Prime will be $3.99 no ads.
他们不小心在应用里把价格标成了 49.99 美元。
They did accidentally list it at $49.99 on the app.
这种事情我们经历过。
Been there, done that.
这价格不怎么样。
Not a great price.
但确实,Nova Launcher 里现在已经有广告追踪了。
But yeah, so now there are ad tracking things in Nova Launcher already.
天哪。
Jeez.
我们做过关于 Sign Engine Mod 的深度历史回顾节目。
We did that history of sign engine mod deep dive episode.
我觉得 Nova 的重要性不言而喻。
I feel like Nova is like up there with importance.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
你知道吗?
You know?
人们之所以在每一部三星手机上都安装了Nova,是因为原生界面太差了。
People installed Nova on every single Samsung phone because of how bad It's me.
我用的是Whistle。
I touch Whistle.
是的。
Yeah.
我的是Yeah。
My Yeah.
抱歉。
Sorry.
我手机上现在就用着Nova。
Have Nova on my phone right now.
你真的在用吗?
Do you really?
对于那些不知道的人,因为现在很多人不用启动器了。
For people that don't know because, like, a lot of people don't use launchers these days.
Nova Launcher 基本上就是一个可以在手机上运行的原生 Android 启动器。
Nova Launcher was basically like a stock Android launcher that you could run on your phone.
不知道启动器是什么的人,也就是
People that don't know what launchers are, which is
现在我们的观众中很多人又回到了原生界面。
was just back on lot our audience now.
主屏幕、应用抽屉、所有页面以及设置方式都会非常不同,尤其是在不同手机之间的视觉体验上。
The home screen and the app drawer and all the pages and the setup would feel very different, especially visually between different types of phones.
所以像三星手机就会有很多花里胡哨的触控特效。
So like a Samsung phone would have all this bloop bloop touch bloop happening.
而 HTC 手机则会有他们著名的——抱歉,
And then an HTC phone would have like their famous I'm sorry,
那是什么来着?
what was it?
然后
Then
老实说,我们都更喜欢简洁、原生安卓风格的启动器。
and honestly, we all kind of prefer just a clean looking, stockish Android looking launcher.
所以如果你用的是Bloop Bloop TouchWiz,你就会安装Nova Launcher,它会让界面变得清爽多了,体验也更好。
And so if you got Bloop Bloop TouchWiz, you would put Nova Launcher on it and it would feel so much cleaner and it would be nicer.
那是Nova Launcher的黄金时代。
That was the golden days of Nova Launcher.
Nova本质上就是Nexus的界面,但还多了更多设置选项。
Nova was effectively the Nexus UI, but it had even more settings toggles.
而且可以自定义。
And custom.
太棒了。
So good.
说到手机体验的巅峰,我最怀念的是我的Note 8配上Nova Launcher的时候。
I'm most nostalgic about my Note eight with Nova Launcher on in terms of my peak phone experience.
这就是为什么我如此喜欢谷歌版HTC手机,因为所有功能都已经内置了。
Which is why I was so into the Google Play edition HTC phones, because it was all there already.
天啊,我现在只是在回忆往事。
Man, I'm just reminiscing now.
所以,现在它似乎将变成一个令人失望的、 corporate 的空壳。
So yeah, now it's going to be a sad corporate shell of itself, it seems like.
这有点让人失望。
That's kind of disappointing.
我实际上开始使用Niagara启动器了
I actually started using Niagara launcher
一点点
a little
更多了,我看到有几个人也在用,感觉挺有意思的。
more, which I've seen a couple other people using as It's kind of interesting.
风格有点不同,但确实如此。
A little different style, but yeah.
风格非常不同,
Very different style,
对吧?
isn't it?
是的。
Yeah.
我前几天在想,Niagara 简直就像那种功能简单的手机启动器。
I I was thinking the other day about how Niagara is kinda the the dumb phone kinda launcher.
因为它只是把你的应用以垂直列表的形式展示出来,只有文字。
Because it just it lists your app in a vertical orientate your apps in a vertical orientation with just the text.
所以没有任何大图标让你点击操作。
So there's nothing there's no big icons to, like, click around on.
它就是非常实用主义的设计。
It's just, like, very utilitarian.
没错。
Yep.
顺便说一下,这对折叠手机非常合适。
So it's very good for folding phones, by the way.
因为当你打开像那种汉堡式折叠手机时。
Because when you open like a, well, like a hamburger style folding phone.
当你打开Z Flip 6之类的手机时,它的长宽比更长,所以应用会垂直向下延伸。
Because when you open the Z Flip six or whatever, it's got the longer aspect ratio, so it waterfalls down.
三折展开。
Triple fold out.
垂直方向,你的所有应用都分布得到处都是。
Vertically, like all your apps are everywhere.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
有趣。
Fun.
所以,Nova完了,真让人难过。
So, RIP Nova, that sucks.
好吧。
Okay.
索尼,这周其实是个大新闻,有点出人意料。
Sony, this is a big story this week actually, which a bit surprising.
人们对于索尼布拉维亚电视感情非常强烈,尽管没人买得起。
People are very, very emotional about Sony Bravia TVs, though nobody could ever afford them.
索尼宣布将与TCL合作成立一个新部门。
Sony announced that it is developing a division that joins forces with TCL to start a new venture.
基本上,这是两家公司共同创立的一家新企业,索尼将持有该公司49%的股份。
Basically, it's like a new company that the two are starting together where Sony is going to own 49% of the company.
TCL将持有该公司51%的股份。
TCL is going to own 51 of the company.
但这还没最终确定。
And it's not, it hasn't gone through yet.
目前他们只有一份谅解备忘录,这很符合日本式计划的风格。
Right now they just have a memorandum of understanding, which is a very Japanese Concepts thing to of a plan.
计划的构想。
Concepts of a plan.
这正是它的本质。
That's exactly what it is.
这就是计划的构想。
It's concepts of a plan.
他们基本上正在讨论这个合作将如何运作。
They're basically in talks about how this is going to work.
所以我真不清楚他们为什么现在就公开宣布了。
So I'm not really sure why they announced it publicly yet.
但《The Verge》的约翰·希金斯写了一篇非常详尽的文章谈这件事。
But there's a very, very thorough article by John Higgins at The Verge about this.
他从事电视行业报道长达二十年,你真该去读读他的文章。
He spent twenty years covering TV, so you should really go read his article.
他在文章中提到,在达成任何具有法律约束力的协议之前,仍然还有几个月的时间,并且此事还必须通过监管审批才能实施。
And he says in the article, there are still a couple of months before any binding agreements are drawn up and it still has to go through regulatory approval before it can happen.
所以这还没完成。
So it's not complete.
即使最终通过,新公司也要到2027年4月才会正式生效。
Even if it does pass, the new company won't go into effect until April 2027.
但无论如何,这可能会导致索尼布拉维亚电视由TCL代工生产。如果你仔细分析一下这些电视的生产流程,真正让索尼布拉维亚电视品质出众的,并不是他们使用的面板,因为他们自己并不生产面板。
But anyway, effectively this could lead to the Sony Bravia TVs being manufactured by TCL, which if you sort of break down how the production pipeline of these TVs work anyway, what actually makes a Sony Bravia TV really high quality is not the panel they're using, because they don't make the panels.
面板是由LG、TCL这些公司制造的。
The panels are made by LG and TCL and these guys.
真正关键的是他们的系统芯片和图像处理技术。
It's really their SOC and their image pipeline.
所以理论上,如果索尼允许TCL使用他们的系统芯片和图像处理技术,而TCL负责生产制造,那么人们家里就可能看到价格便宜很多的布拉维亚电视,因为布拉维亚电视是目前最昂贵的电视。
So theoretically, if Sony allows TCL to use their SoCs and image pipeline, TCL uses their resources for manufacturing, You could theoretically see much cheaper Bravia TVs in people's homes, because Bravias are the most expensive TVs that you can get.
它们确实很棒,但价格也确实很高。
They're really good, but they're really expensive.
索尼,我已经很久没去CES了,但CES就是大屏幕,所有人都在看我们。
Sony, it's been a while since I've been to CES, but CES being the big screen, everyone look at us.
索尼总是这样,他们不做卷曲或折叠屏,但就是会让人惊叹:天啊,这些电视看起来真棒。
Sony's always like, they're not doing rolling or folding or anything, but they are like, damn, these look so good.
然后你离开CES后就会想,我再也不想明年听到索尼电视来CES,再看一遍那只豹子脸上的每一根毛发了。
And then you leave CES and you're like, I'm not going to hear about a Sony TV to come to CES next year and look at that all the hairs on that panther's face again.
是的。
Yeah.
比如在黑暗的房间里。
Like in a dark room.
对。
Yeah.
LG搞了个折叠电视隧道,像水族馆一样,而索尼就只是索尼。
LG's got like the tunnel of foldable TVs that makes this like aquarium and Sony's just like Sony's
就是一间黑暗的房间,摆着六台电视,播放着你见过的画质最高的视频。
just like a dark room with like six TVs showing you the highest quality video you've ever seen.
是的。
Yeah.
然后你就再也看不到它了。
Then you never see it again.
是的。
Yeah.
所以我不确定。
So I don't know.
很多人在谈论这个。
A lot of people are talking about this.
我想我太年轻了,不记得这件事了,这话说出来我不太常见,因为我们现在都被认为是老一辈了。
I guess I'm a little bit too young to remember this, which is something I don't usually say because we're considered old now.
是的。
Yeah.
但人们在社交媒体上经常讨论,如果你走进朋友家,看到墙上挂着一台索尼电视,那曾经是多么了不起的事。
But people have been talking a lot about, on social media, about how big of a deal it was if you walked into your friend's house and they had a Sony TV on the wall.
是的。
Yeah.
就像,没错,因为电视经历了好几代,每一代都带来了巨大影响。
Like, yeah, because there's generations of TVs that make a big impact.
比如当年的等离子电视。
Like the plasma TV stuff back in the day.
如果你的朋友家有一台等离子电视,你会觉得:哇,厉害。
If you had a friend with a plasma TV, it was like, woah, okay.
这挺不错的。
That's nice.
取决于那是多久以前,如果你只是有一台挂在墙上的电视,就已经很令人印象深刻了。
Depending on how long ago, if you just had a TV on the wall, that was impressive.
我只是真的
I'm just really
到现在一样都没用过,所以没什么变化。
still have none of those things, so nothing's changed.
现在有些大学生真的把电视当电脑显示器用。
Now there are people actually in college that use a TV as a computer monitor.
确实如此。
That's true.
因为屏幕很大,但价格更便宜。
Cause it's a huge screen, but it's cheaper.
在黑色星期五,只要100美元。
And on Black Friday, like a $100.
是的。
Yeah.
比如49英寸1080p的屏幕,只要7美元。
Like 1080p 49 inches screen for like $7 Yeah.
这完全可行。
That's gonna work.
我就打算这么干。
Gonna do that.
这对我来说已经足够好了。
It's good enough for me.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
我会问问埃利斯的看法,但他对电视一无所知。
I'd ask Ellis's thoughts, but he knows nothing about TVs.
他可不是电视专家。
Not the TV guy.
在电视还能挂在墙上之前。
Before TVs could even go on walls.
托尼,托尼。
Tony, Tony.
托尼,电视专家。
Tony, the TV guy.
你们知道吗
Do you guys
索尼其实是安东尼的缩写?
know that Sony is short for Anthony?
那是个关于托尼的笑话。
That was a Tony joke.
好吧。
Okay.
托尼是什么?
What's Tony?
哦,安东尼。
Oh, Anthony.
安东尼。
Anthony.
总之,以前电视
Anyway, before TVs
我能发出那样的声音吗。
could I sound like that.
这很不错。
That's pretty good.
在电视可以挂在墙上之前,索尼通过特丽珑技术为显像管做出了标志性贡献。
Before TVs could go on walls, Sony made like the defining contribution to the CRT with Trinitron.
特丽珑。
Trinitron.
是那个去日本的人拍了那段视频,那是个索尼吗?
Was it a Sony that that guy who like went to Japan made that video that was a Sony.
对吧?
Right?
是的。
Yeah.
只是看着他多么渴望那台电视,我就明白了索尼有多重要
Just watching how bad he wanted that TV makes me understand how big Sony
是。
was.
关键是
The gist of
意思是,CRT 显示器非常好,彩色 CRT 也非常好。
it is that CRTs were really good and color CRTs were really good.
然后索尼改变了彩色处理的方式。
And then Sony changed the way that the color processing worked.
这使得索尼电视的亮度比市场上其他所有电视高出大约 50%。
That essentially allowed Sony TVs to be 50 ish percent brighter than all other TVs on the market.
所以这不像现在的 CES,那里只是说,你能多看到几根美洲豹的毛发。
And so it wasn't like CES now, where it's like, oh, you can see a few more hairs on the Panthers.
你会走进商店,发现所有的电视都很差。
You'd go into a store and be oh, all the TVs are bad.
然后只有索尼的电视不一样。
And then there's the Sony.
该死。
Damn.
但它的价格是三倍。
But it costs three times as much.
在索尼开始将这项技术授权给其他公司之前,它的价格一直更高。
It cost more until Sony started licensing the technology out to other companies.
然后你就有了钻石显像管。
Then you got Diamond Tron.
我不知道。
And I don't know.
谁在乎
Who cares about
那时候有很多显像管。
A lot of trons back then.
这些名字真难记。
Those names are tough.
是的
Yeah.
Pegatron
Pegatron.
是的
Yeah.
机械战警
Megatron.
Pegatron
Pegatron.
显像管
Trinitron.
机械战警
Megatron.
再讲一个快速的小故事,真的很快。
One more quick more quick story really quickly.
说到广告,Threads 将从下周开始在全球推出广告。
Speaking of ads, Threads is rolling out ads globally starting next week.
太好了。
Yay.
Threads。
Threads.
之前不是有很多报道称 Threads 即将超越 Twitter 和移动端用户吗?
Wasn't there just a bunch of stories about how Threads was just about to overtake Twitter and mobile use?
他们确实已经超越了 Twitter 的移动端用户。
They just did overtake Twitter and mobile users.
但在总活跃用户数量上,他们仍然远远落后于 Twitter。
They're still way behind them, like total active users.
我看到了那些头条新闻,心想:但他们只是把 Threads 嵌入了 Instagram 啊。
Saw all those headlines, I'm like, but they're just putting threads in Instagram.
那他们真的能这么说吗?
So can they really say that?
他们是在统计这个吗?
Like, they counting that?
我认为是指那个独立应用,但关于Instagram里的Threads,问题是只要你点击它,就会自动跳转到应用商店下载。
I think it's the actual app, but the thing about the Instagram threads is that once you click on it, it automatically takes you to the app store to download it.
然后你甚至都不用注册账号。
And then you don't even have to make an account.
所以我认为他们轻松地把大量用户推给了Threads并完成了注册。
So I think the amount of people that they've just easily unloaded on the threads onboarded
那正是那些报道所指的内容。
on That's like more of the stories.
Instagram把大量用户推给了Threads。
Instagram has unloaded a bunch of people onto threads.
两者都是。
Both Yeah.
它们都在争夺如何在文章标题中制造最引人注目的数据。
Of them are a battle over how can we have the most impressive numbers in an article headline.
是的。
Yeah.
我想我对用户没那么感兴趣,我更关心的是使用情况。
I guess I'm not as interested in users as much as I'm interested in usage.
这有道理。
That's fair.
是的。
Yeah.
比如,你可能有一大堆用户,但他们根本不用。
Like you could have a bunch of users that don't use it.
我讨厌这两个平台的使用情况。
I hate the usage on both of them.
我觉得Threads还处于拉互动的阶段,但已经开始有所进展了
I think Threads is still in its engagement farming days, but it's starting to get a
社交媒体平台还在搞互动收割吗?
little social media platforms still just engagement farming?
好吧,我会为你支付,是的,没错。
Well, will pay you for Yes, it yeah.
但这是不同类型的参与度收割。
But different types of engagement farming.
是的。
Yeah.
比如在YouTube上,有一种复杂的参与度收割方式。
Like on YouTube, there's like sophisticated engagement farming.
我们就是这么做的。
That's what we do.
或者Venmo的艺术性参与度收割。
Or Venmo artistic engagement farming.
艺术性的。
Artistic.
Venmo,Vimeo。
Venmo, Vimeo.
威尼莫?
Venmo?
我的意思是,
I mean,
威尼莫也可以用。
it also works with Venmo.
你没错。
You're not wrong.
是的,EZ Pass 就是
Yeah, EZ Pass is just
就像为汽车做的互动刷量。
like engagement farming for cars.
所以啊,Threads 现在已经到了这个地步,我的意思是,我现在在 Threads 上收到的内容已经相当个性化了,但里面还是充斥着品牌内容。
So yeah, Threads is in its like I mean, I'm getting custom content now at this point on Threads that seems pretty tailored to me, but it's still full of also brands.
我在这边的 Threads 上过得非常好。
I've been living great on threads over here, over on this side.
Threads 上的内容不错。
Good stuff on threads.
Threads 上的内容不错。
Good stuff on threads.
问题是,当你在一条帖子上多停留了四分之一秒,算法就会觉得:我们再推荐点类似的,但你其实根本不想看更多。
The problem is when you hang on a post for a quarter second longer than you should, and then the algorithm's like, we got more that, And you just don't, you just don't want more.
所以我们现在
So we're
每个人在Threads上都会看到广告了。
gonna have in, so everyone gets ads and threads now.
是的。
Yeah.
他们刚开始缓慢推出。
They started rolling out very slowly.
但从下周开始,他们将全球范围内全面推广。
But now they're rolling them out globally starting next week.
他们表示,广告投放量在接下来几个月内实现全球用户覆盖时,最初会保持在较低水平。
They say that the ad delivery will initially initially specific word remain low as they reach global user availability in the coming months.
最初会保持在较低水平。
Initially remain low.
所以准备好迎接所有这些广告吧,宝贝。
So get ready for all those ads, baby.
说实话,这件事发生的速度比我想象的要快。
That happened quicker than I thought it would, to be honest.
是的。
Yeah.
真的吗?
Really?
对。
Yeah.
我以为他们会等到平台变得相当有主导性之后,才会开始投放广告。
I thought it would take, I thought they would wait till they were like pretty dominant before they started turning on the ad.
我觉得他们已经相当有主导地位了。
I think they are pretty dominant.
我以为他们会等到去中心化之后再行动。
I thought they'd wait till they federated.
是的。
Yeah.
事情已经结束了。
They're it's over.
他们不再去中心化了。
They're not federating anymore.
我们通过Threads实现了单向联邦,而这只对他们有利。
We got one way federation through threads and it only benefits them.
广告会通过联邦网络吗?
Ads go through the federvers?
只有当
Only if
可能不会。
Probably not.
他们之前是联邦的吗?
They were federated?
他们也被发布了。
They're posted too.
我有个绝妙的商业点子。
I've got a great business idea.
好吧,既然这样,我宁愿聊个趣味问答,而不是继续为广告感到沮丧。
Well, with that, I'd rather talk about a trivia question than be more depressed about advertising.
先聊趣味问答,然后再谈广告。
Trivia, and then we'll get to the ads.
这个问题由This赞助播出。
This question brought to you by This
这个趣味问答由Meta赞助。
trivia question is brought to you by Meta.
布拉维亚。
Bravia.
索尼布拉维亚。
Sony Bravia.
伙计们,布拉维亚是什么?我只是在开玩笑。
Guys, what does Bravia I'm just kidding.
我们已经做过这个了。
We've already done that.
玻利维亚。
Bolivia.
而且我们还是会全都答错。
And we'd still all get it wrong.
记得我之前说过。
Remember I either.
那整个词BRAVIA是个缩写吗?
That was a whole acronym, BRAVIA?
是的,那是个脑筋急转弯。
Yeah, was a trivia question.
我记得。
I remember it.
哇,这太疯狂了。
Wow, that's crazy.
哦,这是个后构词,对吧?
Oh, it's a backronym, right?
对。
Right.
后构词。
Backronym.
完美的呼应。
Beautiful resonance.
绝对没错。
Absolutely.
分辨率音频视频。
Resolution audio video.
我想我当时没听那一集,因为我记得是在车里听的,当时还在琢磨这个问题。
I think I wasn't here for that episode because I remember listening to this in the car and trying to figure it out.
是的。
Yeah.
总之。
Anyway.
好吧,他们那些笨拙的笔记本电脑也挺蠢的。
Well, and their stupid laptops also had the dumb.
总之,各位,这个问题是关于ChatGPT在GO套餐中添加广告的,顺便说一下,给GO套餐点个赞,我以前认识的一个人,他的一首歌是我最爱的歌曲之一。
Anyway, guys, this question is about ChatGPT adding ads to the GO tier, which, by the way, shout out to the GO tier, somebody that I used to know is one of my favorite songs of all time.
天哪。
Oh, my god.
谢谢,马奎斯。
Thanks, Marques.
那太糟糕了。
That was horrible.
等等,我正在努力。
Wait, I'm trying
你不应该为此感到自豪。
you should not be proud
真的。
of that.
哦,山羊胡。
Oh, goatee.
等等。
Wait.
那真的很棒。
That was really good.
哦。
Oh.
等等。
Wait.
实际上
Actually
当埃利斯累了的时候,他反而状态很好。
When Ellis is tired, he's on.
我更喜欢那种不安的风格。
I like the antsyndritch better.
我觉得那个不好。
I thought that one was a bad.
别留胡子。
No goatee.
等等。
Wait.
谢谢,大卫。
That's Thanks, David.
你在做饭呢,爱丽丝。
You're cooking, Alice.
我喜欢。
I love it.
谢谢。
Thank you.
各位,好吧。
Guys, Okay.
正如你们提到的,2024年萨姆·阿尔特曼曾说,添加广告是最后的手段。
So as you mentioned, in 2024, Sam Altman said that adding ads was a last resort.
而在2026年1月,官方宣布将添加广告。
And in January 2026, ads got announced that they would be added.
所以我想问你们,哪个耗时更短?
So my question to you guys is what took a shorter amount of time?
是萨姆·阿尔特曼从说不会添加广告到说要添加广告之间的时间,还是谷歌Stadia从发布到取消之间的时间?
The time between Sam Altman saying there would not be ads and saying there would be ads, or the time between Google Stadia being released and canceled.
发布了?
Released?
还没公布。
Not announced.
就像从货架上直接拿走就完成了。
Like from shelf to done.
负延迟。
Negative latency.
哇。
Wow.
哪个更快?
What was quicker?
Stadia 真的是个很棒的东西。
Stadia is such, such, it's such a cool thing.
我到现在还看到一些文章说,Stadia 控制器丢了什么的,但别担心。
I'm still seeing articles about like the Stadia controller lost this, but don't worry.
这是如何找回它的方法。
Here's how to like, get it back.
我当时想,我的用户们还在意这个呢。
And I'm like, oh my people are still
在谷歌上做这些事情提前了十年,Stadia 就是其中之一。
on Google is ten years too early to things and Stadia was one of them.
比如,微软的 Game Pass 非常非常受欢迎。
Like, Microsoft Game Pass is very, very popular.
想想 Xbox Cloud。
You think of Xbox Cloud.
Xbox Cloud。
Xbox Cloud.
就只是这么叫的吗?
That's just what it's called?
Game Pass 就是通过订阅获取游戏,而云则是运行在云端的计算。
Game Pass is just getting the games via a subscription rate, and then cloud is the compute on the cloud.
就叫云服务。
It's just called cloud.
或者像GeForce NOW。
Or like GeForce NOW.
GeForce NOW是NVIDIA的。
GeForce NOW is the NVIDIA
好吧,不管怎样,Wow。
Well, anyway, the Wow.
我在这儿显老了。
Showing my age here.
谷歌眼镜也是十年前的东西了。
Google Glass is also ten years.
我记得这个,是的。
I remember this Yeah.
我的意思是,谷歌在很多事情上总是超前十年,而微软的游戏流媒体版本非常受欢迎。
I mean, again, Google is very often ten years too early at things, the Microsoft version of game streaming is extremely popular.
谷歌曾经有
Google had
别上那个网站了。
Get off of that website.
我只是在看其他原因?
I'm just looking at other why?
这以后会变得微不足道吗?
Is this gonna be trivial later?
嗯,Stadia。
Well, Stadia.
它会在上面的。
It's gonna be on there.
哦,哦,哦,
Oh, oh, oh,
我当时就想,哇,看看这些当时超前但后来夭折的东西。
I was like, wow, look at all these other things that were ahead of their time and then died.
我玩过一些Xbox云游戏,我的网络速度相当快
I've played a handful of Xbox Cloud on my I've got pretty fast Internet
在家玩的。
at home.
Flex。
Flex.
说出所有游戏的名字。
Name all the games.
格雷戈里·德尔:这根本行不通。
GREGORY DELL: it doesn't really work.
或者至少对我来说效果不太好。
Or at least it didn't work that well for me.
我发现,我玩的那些游戏对延迟要求很低,但是
I found I guess I was playing games that required pretty low latency, but
是的。
Yeah.
光线模拟器?
Light simulator?
不是,是两个K。
No, like two ks.
在云平台上玩两个K几乎不可能。
Like two ks is pretty much impossible on cloud.
我唯一引以为傲的是,我在网上发布了第一个关于Stadia的评测。
My one claim to flame is that I put the I put out the first ever, Stadia review on the internet.
然后我去上了皮尔斯·摩根的
And then I went on the Pierce Morgan
节目,
show to
来谈论Stadia。
talk about Stadia.
等等,你上过皮尔斯·摩根的节目?
Wait, you were on Pierce Morgan?
有一个IMDb页面,不是我做的,是别人因为我上了皮尔斯·摩根节目而帮我做的。
Have an IMDb that I did not make that someone made for me because I appeared on the Pierce Morgan show.
是的。
Yeah.
我们能播放一下那个片段吗,就那个,嗯。
Can we play that clip on the, on the, yeah.
这不是视频片段。
It's not a video clip.
所以你是想告诉我。
So you're telling me.
哦,这是一个
Oh, it is a
视频片段。
video clip.
忘了。
Forgot.
这是一个视频。
It is a video.
你玩一个游戏,然后
You play a game and
它不在你的电脑上。
it's not on your computer.
Waveform 有一个 IMDb,里面只有 Marques 和一个自称是 Anderson、Richard Cannon 第三的人。
Waveform has an IMDb and it only has Marques and some random guy who included himself in Anderson, Richard Cannon the third.
传奇。
Legend.
我不知道。
I don't know.
总之,我的观点是,Stadia 现在本该非常流行,但可惜已经死了,不过它的手柄非常好,你可以把它变成标准的蓝牙手柄。
Anyway, my point is that Stadia would be very popular right now and RIP, but the controllers are very good and, you can turn them into standard Bluetooth controllers.
我真后悔把我的 ATG 卖了。
I'm so mad I got rid of my ATG.
是的
Yeah.
ATG
ATG.
好吧,我们来想想这个趣味问题。
Well, we'll think about that trivia question.
答案会像往常一样放在最后。
Answers will be at the end like usual.
我们马上回来。
We'll be right back.
好的。
Alright.
欢迎回来。
Welcome back.
我们得聊聊这个加一的剧情。
We gotta talk about this one plus drama a little bit.
这件事有点分散,但如果你在过去四天左右使用过社交媒体,可能已经看到过一些相关的消息。
It's kind of all over the place, but if you've been on social media for the past four days or so, you may have seen some of this arc.
我们可以尽力梳理一下哪些事情发生了,哪些没有发生。
We could do our best to break down what happened versus what didn't happen.
是的,OnePlus,对于了解的人而言,是一家智能手机公司,隶属于BBK电子旗下。
But yeah, so OnePlus, for those of you who know, smartphone company, subset of BBK Electronics.
他们生产的就是这一款。
They make this one right here.
这是OnePlus 15。
This is OnePlus 15.
我已经用了一段时间了。
I've been using it for a while.
它很不错。
It's nice.
但自从OnePlus初代问世以来,他们就一直在生产手机,那时候他们可是粉丝心中的偶像品牌。
But they've been making phones for a while ever since the OnePlus one days when they were like a cult favorite.
是的,没错。
Yeah, that's right.
然后在过去一周,Android Headlines 上出现了一篇文章,标题为独家报道:OnePlus 正在被拆分。
And then so over this past week, this article popped up on Android Headlines that was titled exclusive OnePlus is being dismantled.
这个标题相当令人震惊,因为 OnePlus 是一家确实存在且似乎状况尚可的公司,尽管最近可能有点低调,甚至略有下滑趋势。
And this is kind of a shocker headline because they're a company that exists and seems to be doing okay, maybe a little bit quiet lately, maybe a little bit downward trending lately.
我能解释一下背景吗?这能帮助理解为什么这篇文章在此时出现。
Can I explain a little context that kind of makes sense of why this article hitting here?
是的。
Yeah.
就像今年年初以来,陆续有一些零散的文章提到 BBK 或 Oppo 及其子品牌 OnePlus 登上新闻。
Just like since the start of the year, there's some there's been a bunch of random articles here and there about maybe BBK slash Oppo and then sub brands, OnePlus, getting in the news.
其中之一是 Realme 将重新被视为 Oppo 的子品牌。
One of them is that Realme is going back to being considered a sub brand of Oppo.
它们最初是子品牌,一年后独立出去,现在又准备回归。
They originally were, then they left after a year, now they're coming back.
OPPO表示,这部分是为了改善资源管理以及OPPO的全球扩张战略。
Part of that Oppo is saying is to improve resource management and Oppo's global expansion strategy.
我知道这不完全是关于OnePlus的,但跟那里的整体品牌有关。
I know that's not OnePlus exactly, but general branding around there.
有一些传言后来被删除了,说是OnePlus 16可能不会进入美国市场。
There's some rumors that then got deleted about the OnePlus 16 maybe not coming to The US.
而且目前Pete Lau在台湾还有一张因非法商业和招聘活动而签发的逮捕令。
And then Pete Lau also right now has an arrest warrant in Taiwan for illegal business and recruitment activities.
哦,我忘了这件事。
Oh, I forgot about that.
据称如此。
Allegedly.
所以,OnePlus如今在科技圈里确实备受关注,至少在特定的科技圈内是这样。
So yeah, there's a reason one plus is it's hot right now in the tech world, at least in specific tech world.
所以这篇文章谈到了很多这些事情,也解释了为什么它偏偏在现在发布。
So like this article talks about a lot of those things, but, it makes sense why it came out right now.
是的
Yeah.
你是说那篇文章吗?
You mean the article?
那篇文章,是的。
The article, yeah.
是的
Yeah.
是的
Yeah.
所以我看到那个标题时,心想,这真有意思。
So I saw that headline, I like, oh, that's really interesting.
于是我读了整篇文章。
So I read the entire article.
有几件事让我印象深刻。
A couple things stuck out to me.
其中一个问题是,实际上关于OnePlus被解散的说法并没有什么独家或新颖的内容,只是把一些公开可得的信息——关于OnePlus最近的趋势、传闻和类型——汇总在一起,放在了一个地方。
One was nothing was actually exclusive or new about OnePlus actually being dismantled, but it was a bunch of publicly available but information about the trends with OnePlus lately, and the rumors, and the types, sort of summarizing, putting everything in one place.
所以这主要是
So that was
关于总结的备注。
Note on the summarizing.
是的,是的,可能有一点——
Yeah, yeah, maybe a little bit of-
过于侧重于总结了。
Heavy on the summarizing.
是的,首先,人们可能会用‘标题党’这个词来形容那些用全大写的‘独家’来吸引眼球,但实际上并没有独家内容的东西。
Yeah, well, people might first of all use the word clickbait to describe something that says exclusive in all caps and then doesn't have exclusives.
但另一点是,这篇文章读起来感觉完全是ChatGPT写的。
But the other thing was it felt very much written by Chad Gpt.
读完整篇文章后,到了第三个部分,就很明显地看出它一遍又一遍地使用了相同的结构,而作者后来也承认,他确实更新了标题,并且用了AI来构建结构。
Like, read the whole thing, and it was, by the third of the waypoint, it was painfully obvious that it was structured the same way over and over and over again, to which the author, I guess, later admitted that he updated the headline and was like, yeah, did use AI to But structure
为了澄清一下,他们最初发布这篇帖子时称作者是名叫亚历克斯·马克斯的一个人,来自Then Android,但大家纷纷指出这是AI写的,因为文章充斥着很多那种……他们喜欢用什么手法?
to clear that up, they originally had made the post that it was written by someone named Alex Maxim at Then Android everyone started saying, this is AI, cause it had a lot of, what do they like to do?
很多都是‘如果X,那么Y’的句式。
A lot of like, if X, then Y.
它不是这样,实际上是那样。
It's like, it's not this, it's actually this.
这不只是一个简单的这样,而是一个整体,就像某种——
This wasn't just a this, it was a whole that like something like-
然后那个
And then the
破折号总是让人觉得——为该死的破折号讨个公道吧。
Em dashes are always like- Justice for the freaking Em dash man.
我以前经常用这种东西
I used to use that shit
一直都在用。
all the time.
别用它。
Don't use it.
我不能用它。
I can't use it.
它是对的。
It's yeah.
它就像多出来的一根手指。
It's like an extra finger.
这简直就是它由AI生成的证据。
It's just such proof that it's AI.
我就是不想
I just never want
结束我的句子。
to end my sentences.
你知道,
You know,
我就是得停止使用句号了,
I just gotta just stop using periods,
让我们用破折号来模拟省略号,但用逗号,就用那三个逗号。
Let's dashes recreate the ellipses, but with commas, and just use that same three commas.
你知道什么有趣的事吗?
You know what's funny?
当我用谷歌文档写剧本时,我会用破折号、省略号和分号来在心里暗示不同的语气——这只是因为我清楚这些符号对我大脑意味着什么,但现在在网上,这些却意味着这是AI写的。
When I do my script writing in Google Docs, I use dashes, ellipses, and semicolons to indicate in my own head a different And type of it's just, I'm reading it a certain way because I know what that means to my brain, but now online, it means this was written with AI.
所以我再也不能在剧本写作之外使用这些符号了,但好吧,事情就是这样。
So I can't use this ever outside of my script writing, but yeah, it is what it is.
但最初有人说这是亚历克斯写的。
But so originally it was said it was written by Alex.
后来当网上大量质疑这是AI写的时,他出来澄清说,这并不是我写的。
And then after it got all the flack online about it being written by AI, he came out and said, this was not written by me.
它只是挂了我的名字。
It just had my name.
随后,Android Headlines 的所有者克里斯·尤库利克表示,这篇文章是他写的,并承认使用了人工智能,声称:‘作为网站所有者,我决定使用人工智能辅助来构建这篇文章。’
To then which Chris Yukulik, the owner of Android Headlines, said that he wrote it and then admitted to using AI in it, claiming, he said, as the site owner, I made the decision to use AI assistance in structuring this article.
其他所有内容都是人工完成的,包括来自独立来源、前雇员和现任员工的全部调查报道、中国商业媒体的研究,以及四家分析公司的数据。
Everything else is human work, including the entire investigation reporting from independent sources, current and former employees, Chinese business publication research, and four analyst firms.
但这里其实有很多可疑之处。
But like, there's so many red flags going on here.
是的,第一个红灯信号。
Yeah, red flag number one.
为什么要在开头就隐瞒这一点?
Why hide that at the beginning?
那为什么要用别人的名字署名?
That was why put a different person's name on it?
为什么要这么做?
Why do any of that?
为什么不自己写一篇文章呢?
Why not write your own article?
这里就是一堆奇怪的事情。
It's just a bunch of weird things going on here.
而且,说实话,我不确定你读了之后有没有被说服,但至少我没被说服,没觉得一加真的快完蛋了。
And then also, yeah, don't know, it didn't convince me that, I don't know if you read it and were convinced at all, but it didn't convince me that OnePlus is actually on their deathbed.
它看起来是想说服我。
It seemed like it wanted to convince me.
所以确实,一加身上有很多有趣的事情,就像你提到的,这些事代表着一个曾经非常火热的品牌的落幕,如今它只是回归本源的一个企业子品牌。
So yeah, there's a lot of things that are going on with OnePlus, like you mentioned, that are really interesting to follow, and that sort of represent the end of an arc of what was once a really, really hot brand and is now just kind of a corporate sub brand going back to its roots.
但说实话,这让我挺失望的。
But yeah, was just kind of a disappointment to me.
是啊,这种文章把一堆东西全塞进一篇里,如果你只是想说‘现在一加发生了什么’,本来可以写成一篇有用的文章。
Yeah, it's one of those things where it put a lot of things in one article that I think could have been a useful article if you wanted to say, Here's everything that's going on with OnePlus right now.
但偏偏贴上‘独家’标签,却没有任何独家内容,这就太标题党了。
But slapping an exclusive badge on it and offering no exclusive information is very clickbaity.
然后还换了个不同的作者,因为看起来他最近可能发过更多爆款文章。
And then putting a different author, because it seems like he maybe has had more viral posts lately.
所以他们似乎把这篇文章归到他头上,想借此获得一些更多的关注。
So they seem to put it on him to try and maybe get some more traction from it.
现在,如果我是那个作者,我会很不高兴,因为现在看起来我做了很多
Now, if I'm that author, I am not happy because now it looks like I did a bunch
我
of I
我们知道我们有权利
know what we're entitled
在这
in this
期节目中。
episode.
独家
Exclusive
破折号。
Em Dash.
全新的OnePlus破折号风波。
Brand new OnePlus Em Dash drama.
OnePlus并没有死。
OnePlus isn't dead.
它实际上还活着。
It's actually alive.
这就是我们要定的标题。
That's what we're titling.
OnePlus随后发表声明,澄清他们并未关闭。
OnePlus has since come out and just clarified that they are not shutting down.
他们表示,近期有关OnePlus关闭的未经证实的报道都是虚假的。
They said recent unverified reports claiming OnePlus is shutting down are false.
所以事情就是这样。
So there's that.
哦,对了,他们还说OnePlus印度的业务运营一切正常。
Oh yeah, and then they said OnePlus India's business operations continue as normal.
这是因为这是OnePlus印度在回应,是的。
This was because this is OnePlus India responding, Yeah.
为了彻底澄清这一点。
Just to be fully clear on that.
对。
Yeah.
很多人会说,那只是印度团队在说他们不会关闭。
And a lot of people are like, well, that's just the India team that's saying they're not closing.
而你知道,也许这种情况真的会发生。
And it's like, you know, maybe it could happen.
我认为Oppo有很多理由想要再次简化他们的产品线。
I think that there's a lot of reasoning why Oppo might want to simplify their lineup again.
Oppo品牌在中国和欧洲部分地区非常受欢迎,因为Oppo手机在欧洲多个地区都有销售。
The Oppo brand is very popular in China and different parts of Europe, because Oppo phones are sold in different parts of Europe.
而且,他们曾尝试将OnePlus的用户界面改为ColorOS。
And, you know, they tried to change the OnePlus UI to ColorOS.
然后他们又把名字改回了OxygenOS,但本质上还是ColorOS,这很好。
And then they just changed the name back to OxygenOS, but it's still ColorOS, which is good.
这是一个不错的操作系统。
It's a good OS.
关于这一点,让我觉得很有意思的是,我一直在思考OnePlus以及子品牌存在的意义,公司为什么使用子品牌总是让我很感兴趣。
It's one of the things that was interesting to me about this, because I still am like thinking a lot about OnePlus and the existence of sub brands and why companies use them is always interesting to me.
比如,为什么丰田要推出雷克萨斯作为子品牌?
Like, why do you have Lexus as a sub brand of Toyota?
因为你没法用丰田的标志销售如此昂贵的汽车,所以你需要这样一个品牌标识。
Because you can't really sell such a pricey car with a Toyota badge, so you have this badge.
这就是Genesis品牌所代表的意义。
Like, this is what a Genesis is.
很多其他公司也是这么做的。
This is what a lot of other companies do.
CMF。
CMF.
CMF,再说一遍。
CMF, again.
Oppo在某个市场是非常受欢迎的公司,但同一家公司却想使用一个名为OnePlus的新品牌,进入那些对购买Oppo产品不太热衷的其他市场。
So Oppo is a huge popular company in one market, but the same company wants to use a new brand called OnePlus to get into other markets that aren't as excited about buying something from Oppo.
它们取得了一些成功,比如在美国和印度,人们开始对OnePlus手机感到非常兴奋。
And they kind of had some success, like in The US and in India, and people were getting really excited about OnePlus phones.
我记得当初OnePlus One根本买不到,还有邀请制、CyanogenMod,所有那些事情。
I remember the OnePlus One being impossible to get, and like the invite system, and the CyanogenModelad, and all of that.
关注这一切都非常令人兴奋。
Following all that was very exciting.
现在在美国的运营商那里就能买到OnePlus的产品了。
You can get OnePlus stuff at carriers in The US now.
很久以来,新手机品牌似乎都进不了美国的运营商渠道。
Felt like for a long time, new phone companies were not in carriers in The US.
是的。
Yeah.
为了
For
当然。
sure.
要让一个新手机品牌站稳脚跟,直到真正能在美国家庭中销售,简直难如登天。
It was so hard to get a new phone company off the ground, all the way to the point where you could actually sell it to a real human in The US.
如果你不在美国,可能不太了解,但在美国,商店里主要都是三星和苹果的手机,因为它们已经谈好了合作。
If you aren't in The US, you probably aren't as familiar, but for those in The US, you know, like, it's mostly Samsung and Apple phones in stores They've made the deals.
也有一些摩托罗拉的产品。
There's some Motorola stuff.
还有预付费运营商的产品。
There's the prepaid carrier stuff.
但如果你想花800美元或更多买一部高端旗舰手机,选择非常有限。
But, like, if you wanna come in and spend $800 or whatever premium flagship money on a phone, the options are slim.
要让新品牌挤进这些主流产品的货架,更不用说获得足够的市场份额,简直难上加难。
And it was so hard to get on the shelf alongside those, let alone get enough market share.
感觉Pixel的份额甚至只有2%左右。
Feel like Pixel's even at like 2%.
是的。
Yeah.
我正想说,就连Pixel也花了很长时间才上架销售。
Was just gonna say even Pixel took so long just to get on shelves.
而这还是谷歌在努力尝试
And that's Google trying
上架销售。
to get on.
对吧?
Right?
所以想象一下一家新公司试图进入市场。
So imagine a new company trying to get along.
所以这个故事非常激动人心,一加也取得了长足的进展。
So the story was really exciting, and OnePlus got very far.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。