We Study Billionaires - The Investor’s Podcast Network - RWH030:从贫困到权力——对话阿诺德·范登伯格 封面

RWH030:从贫困到权力——对话阿诺德·范登伯格

RWH030: From Poverty To Power w/ Arnold Van Den Berg

本集简介

在本集中,威廉·格林与阿诺德·范登伯格对话,后者在大屠杀期间的童年岁月被迫躲藏,后克服重重障碍,成为知名投资者。阿诺德分享了帮助他掌控身心、摆脱贫困与抑郁的实用工具、技巧与原则。他的使命是引导并赋能他人,助其走向幸福、成功与繁荣。 本集你将学到: 00:00 - 引言 06:09 - 这场对话如何实现阿诺德·范登伯格数十年的梦想 09:43 - 他如何从收垃圾和在加油站工作开始职业生涯 12:35 - 一位陌生人的善意如何永久改变了他的命运 21:01 - 为何阿诺德从小认为自己愚笨、毫无前途 39:35 - 他从母亲在奥斯维辛展现的非凡勇气中学到了什么 52:33 - 他如何陷入深度抑郁,又如何从中恢复 1:03:27 - 自我催眠如何帮助他改变信念 1:11:45 - 哪些资源能教你驾驭潜意识 1:19:50 - 他用来对抗负面想法的技巧 1:43:43 - 他如何养护身体健康 2:07:59 - 如何通过帮助他人与付出爱来获得更大幸福 2:13:20 - 如何建立并维持积极习惯 2:23:15 - 什么给阿诺德带来最大的快乐 免责声明:由于播客平台差异,时间戳可能存在轻微偏差。 书籍与资源 加入专属的TIP精英社群,与Stig、Clay及其他成员深入探讨股票投资。 《潜意识的智慧》作者:约翰·威廉姆斯 《内在的精灵》作者:哈里·卡彭特 《心灵是主人》作者:詹姆斯·艾伦 收听威廉·格林2022年与阿诺德·范登伯格的播客节目,或观看视频。 威廉·格林的著作《更富有、更睿智、更快乐》——阅读本书书评。 威廉·格林的Twitter。 赞助商 支持我们的免费播客,请支持我们的赞助商: River 丰田 揽胜 Briggs & Riley 美国运通 The Bitcoin Way Public Onramp 美国邮政 SimpleMining Sound Advisory Shopify AT&T BAM Capital 成为高级会员,支持我们的节目!https://theinvestorspodcastnetwork.supportingcast.fm 成为高级会员,支持我们的节目!https://theinvestorspodcastnetwork.supportingcast.fm 成为高级会员,支持我们的节目!https://theinvestorspodcastnetwork.supportingcast.fm 成为高级会员,支持我们的节目!https://theinvestorspodcastnetwork.supportingcast.fm 成为高级会员,支持我们的节目!https://theinvestorspodcastnetwork.supportingcast.fm 成为高级会员,支持我们的节目!https://theinvestorspodcastnetwork.supportingcast.fm 成为高级会员,支持我们的节目!https://theinvestorspodcastnetwork.supportingcast.fm 成为高级会员,支持我们的节目!https://theinvestorspodcastnetwork.supportingcast.fm 成为高级会员,支持我们的节目!https://theinvestorspodcastnetwork.supportingcast.fm 成为高级会员,支持我们的节目!https://theinvestorspodcastnetwork.supportingcast.fm 成为高级会员,支持我们的节目!https://theinvestorspodcastnetwork.supportingcast.fm 成为高级会员,支持我们的节目!https://theinvestorspodcastnetwork.supportingcast.fm 成为高级会员,支持我们的节目!https://theinvestorspodcastnetwork.supportingcast.fm 成为高级会员,支持我们的节目!https://theinvestorspodcastnetwork.supportingcast.fm 成为高级会员,支持我们的节目!https://theinvestorspodcastnetwork.supportingcast.fm 成为高级会员,支持我们的节目!https://theinvestorspodcastnetwork.supportingcast.fm 成为高级会员,支持我们的节目!https://theinvestorspodcastnetwork.supportingcast.fm 成为高级会员,支持我们的节目!https://theinvestorspodcastnetwork.supportingcast.fm 了解更多关于您的广告选择。请访问 megaphone.fm/adchoices 成为高级会员,支持我们的节目!https://theinvestorspodcastnetwork.supportingcast.fm

双语字幕

仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。

Speaker 0

你正在收听TIP。

You're listening to TIP.

Speaker 1

你好。

Hi there.

Speaker 1

我今天的嘉宾是阿诺德·范登伯格,他是我见过的最具启发性和非凡的投资者之一。

My guest today is Arnold Vandenberg, who's one of the most inspiring and extraordinary investors I've ever met.

Speaker 1

正如一些人可能记得的那样,当我试图在《更富有、更智慧、更快乐》一书的结尾决定写谁时,我决定必须通过讲述阿诺德的故事来为这本书画上句号。

As some of you may remember, when I was trying to decide who to write about at the very end of my book, richer, wiser, happier, I decided that I really had to close the book by telling Arnold's story.

Speaker 1

当我在这本书的后记中介绍他时,我是这样写的。

And here's what I wrote about him when I introduced him in the epilogue of the book.

Speaker 1

当我思考什么构成了一种成功而富足的人生时,对我来说,最能体现这一点的投资者就是阿诺德·范登伯格。

When I think about what constitutes a successful and abundant life, the investor who embodies it best for me is Arnold Van den Berg.

Speaker 1

他不是亿万富翁,也不是天才。

He's not a billionaire or a genius.

Speaker 1

他没有游艇或飞机,但在投资界,我没有人比他更钦佩。

He doesn't own a yacht or a plane, yet there's nobody in the investment world whom I admire more.

Speaker 1

如果我必须从过去二十五年里采访过的所有杰出投资者中选出一位人生榜样,那就是他。

If I had to choose just one role model from all of the remarkable investors I've interviewed over the last quarter of a century, it would be him.

Speaker 1

他的人生开局极其不幸,却打破了重重逆境,过上了远超金钱富足的生活。

He was dealt a terrible hand but has defied overwhelming odds to achieve a life of prosperity that goes far beyond money.

Speaker 1

正如我在书中所解释的,阿诺德的人生开端可谓灾难性地糟糕。

As I explained in the book, Arnold's life really got off to a catastrophically awful start.

Speaker 1

他于1939年出生在阿姆斯特丹的一个犹太家庭,那正是纳粹入侵荷兰的前一年。

He was born into a Jewish family in Amsterdam in 1939, a year before the Nazis invaded The Netherlands.

Speaker 1

在生命的头几年里,阿诺德一直躲藏,实际上就住在安妮·弗兰克居住的同一条街上。

And Arnold spent the first couple of years of his life in hiding, actually on the same street where Anne Frank lived.

Speaker 1

后来,他被藏在一所孤儿院里,在父母被送往奥斯维辛期间,他勉强活了下来,却几乎处于饥饿状态。

And then he was hidden in an orphanage where he survived but more or less starved during a period when his parents were sent to Auschwitz.

Speaker 1

令人难以置信的是,他的父母都幸存了下来,但阿诺德家族中有39人在大屠杀中丧生。

Amazingly, both of his parents survived the concentration camps, but 39 members of Arnold's family were killed during the Holocaust.

Speaker 1

当他的父母在阿诺德六岁左右来孤儿院接他时,他甚至已经认不出他们了,而且由于营养不良,他几乎连走路的力气都没有,只能用手和膝盖爬行。

And when his parents came to pick him up from the orphanage when he was about six years old, he didn't even recognize them anymore and was so malnourished that he barely had the strength to walk and used to crawl around on his hands and knees.

Speaker 1

正如你们在今天的对话中将听到的,阿诺德小时候一直以为,自己早年营养不良可能造成了脑损伤,也有人暗示这可能是他学业表现糟糕的原因。

As you'll hear in today's conversation, Arnold grew up thinking that maybe the fact that he'd been malnourished in those early years had actually caused him brain damage, and there was some suggestion that that might have been why he did so badly at school.

Speaker 1

因此,听到这些说法后,他长大后真的觉得自己很笨,注定一事无成,也没有上过大学。

And so having heard that this was the case, he grew up really thinking he was dumb and would amount to nothing, and he didn't make it to college.

Speaker 1

在这期节目中,我们会深入讨论他为在世上立足而从事的早期工作。

And we'll talk a lot in this episode about some of the early jobs that he did as he was trying to make his way in the world.

Speaker 1

正如我们将会谈到的,他的第一次婚姻以离婚告终,因为他的妻子离开了他,跟另一个男人走了。

And his first marriage, as we'll discuss, ended in divorce when his wife left him for another man.

Speaker 1

因此,他在度过早年岁月后,内心充满了对纳粹、前妻,甚至对父母的愤怒。

So he emerged from his early years really full of anger toward the Nazis and toward his ex wife and also towards his parents.

Speaker 1

他的父母非常严厉,小时候经常被父亲打。

He had very tough parents and used to get hit quite a lot by his dad when he was a boy.

Speaker 1

所以人们觉得他伤痕累累,根本不可能有什么大出息,甚至很可能也得不到幸福。

So there was a sense that he was pretty damaged goods and was definitely not destined for greatness and quite probably not for happiness either.

Speaker 1

然而,当你现在在八十多岁的阿诺德面前时,你会发现他是个极其善良、慷慨、充满爱心的人,过去四十年来在投资领域取得了巨大成功,拥有美满的家庭和一群挚友。

And yet when you meet Arnold now in his eighties, he's this incredibly kindhearted, generous, loving person who's had an extremely successful career as an investor over the last forty years and an incredible family life and great friends.

Speaker 1

那么真正的问题是,这个人究竟是如何扭转人生的?

And so the question really is, how on earth did this guy turn his life around?

Speaker 1

他是如何接过命运给他的这副烂牌,把自己转变为一个令人钦佩、讨人喜欢的榜样和导师,甚至对我也是如此?

How did he take that terrible hand that he was dealt and transform himself into a hugely admirable and likable role model and mentor, really, to countless people, including me.

Speaker 1

而这正是今天这期播客的主题。

And that's really the subject of today's episode of the podcast.

Speaker 1

在这次对话中,阿诺德向你分享了那些帮助他掌控内心、摆脱贫困并取得成功的方法、技巧、原则、书籍和著作——这些成功在他自己看来曾经是难以想象的。

So in this conversation, Arnold shares with you the tools and techniques and principles and books and writings that helped him to gain control over his mind so that he could lift himself out of poverty and achieve a level of success that I think at once seemed unimaginable to him.

Speaker 1

这是一个非常鼓舞人心的故事,但我们的目标其实是为你提供一些非常实用的建议,希望你能应用到自己的生活中。

It's a wonderfully inspiring story, but our goal here is actually to give you some very practical advice that I hope you can use in your own life.

Speaker 1

无论如何,我真心希望你喜欢我们的对话。

In any case, I really hope you enjoy our conversation.

Speaker 1

非常感谢你的参与。

Thanks so much for joining us.

Speaker 0

你正在收听《更富有、更睿智、更快乐》播客,主持人威廉·格林将采访世界上最伟大的投资者,探讨如何在市场和人生中取得胜利。

You're listening to the richer, wiser, happier podcast where your host, William Green, interviews the world's greatest investors and explores how to win in markets and life.

Speaker 1

大家好。

Hi, folks.

Speaker 1

我非常高兴今天欢迎我们的嘉宾阿诺德·范登伯格,正如你们所知,他是我著作《更富有、更睿智、更快乐》中的主角,我实际上是以阿诺德作为这本书的结尾。

I'm absolutely delighted to welcome our guest today, Arnold Van den Berg, who, as you know, was star of my book, Richer, Wiser, Happier, and I actually ended the book with Arnold.

Speaker 1

每次采访阿诺德都让我倍感兴奋,能再次邀请他回到播客中,我真是无比高兴。

So it's always a real thrill to interview Arnold, and I'm just absolutely delighted to have him back on the podcast.

Speaker 1

欢迎你,阿诺德。

Welcome, Arnold.

Speaker 2

非常感谢你,威廉。

Well, thank you very much, William.

Speaker 2

我很感激。

I appreciate that.

Speaker 1

你最近给我发了一封邮件,附上了一份你大约二十五到三十年前手写的笔记,我想你当时把它弄丢了,直到大约六个月前清理文件柜时才重新发现。

You recently emailed me a copy of a handwritten note that you'd written probably twenty five to thirty years ago that I think you then lost for decades and just rediscovered maybe six months or so ago while you were cleaning out a filing cabinet.

Speaker 1

显然,你受到了我的文件整理系统的启发,把它放在了一个安全的地方,但之后几十年都忘了它的存在。

You'd been inspired by my filing system clearly and had put it somewhere safe that you'd then forgotten about for decades.

Speaker 1

我想先请你为我们朗读一下这份笔记。

And I wanted to start by asking you to read us that note.

Speaker 1

读完之后,我们会一起讨论,并解释为什么 rediscovering 这份你二十五到三十年前写给自己的笔记,对你产生了如此深远的影响。

And then after you've read it, we'll discuss it and explain why rediscovering this note that you wrote to yourself twenty five, thirty years ago has had such a profound effect on you.

Speaker 2

那么,我写给自己的这份笔记是:我有一个梦想。

Well, then the lever the note to myself is I have a dream.

Speaker 2

我有一个梦想,总有一天,我会完善并创新一种技术,激励人们看到真相。

I have a dream that one day I will perfect and innovate a technique that will inspire and motivate people to see the truth.

Speaker 2

正如詹姆斯·艾伦曾如此优雅地写道:人是自己思想的创造者,通过选择正确的思想,人可以成为自己渴望成为的样子。

As James Allen wrote so eloquently, that they are the makers of themselves by the thoughts they choose, and that choosing the right thoughts, man can become what he wills.

Speaker 2

通过发展正确的方法与应用,人可以实现自己最狂野的梦想。

By developing the right technique and application, man can achieve his wildest dream.

Speaker 2

我的梦想是传授这种理念,激励人们像我一样相信,并教会他们如何做到,为那些缺乏希望与自信的人提供这种可能,赋予他们远见。

My dream is to teach this to inspire people to believe as I do and to be able to show them how to do it, to be able to offer this to people without hope and confidence in themselves and to give them vision.

Speaker 2

通过赋予他们愿景,某种力量将在他们内心苏醒,促使他们主动行动,去实现内心深处的愿景。

By giving them a vision, something will stir in them, and they will move themselves to realize the vision of their hearts.

Speaker 2

我想证明,无论情况看起来多么绝望,只要改变对它的态度,它就一定能被改变。

I want to demonstrate that no matter how hopeless a situation appears, it can be changed and will be changed by changing an attitude towards that situation.

Speaker 1

所以,当你给我寄了那张便条时,阿诺德,我觉得这真是太棒了,因为我们实际上可以将整个节目都用来实现你二十五、三十年前的那个梦想。

So when you sent me that note, Arnold, I thought this is kind of wonderful because we can actually devote this entire episode really to the fulfillment of that dream that you had twenty five, thirty years ago.

Speaker 1

因此,接下来的一两个小时,你可以真正地跟我们谈谈,如何通过选择正确的想法、运用帮助过你的技巧,以及借鉴詹姆斯·艾伦等人的洞见来改变我们的生活。

And so you can actually spend the next hour or two really talking to us about how we can change our lives by choosing the right thoughts, using techniques that have helped you, harnessing insights from James Allen and the like.

Speaker 1

这就是我们的计划。

So that's the game plan.

Speaker 1

你觉得怎么样?

How does that sound to you?

Speaker 2

非常好。

That's Very good.

Speaker 2

梦想成真了。

A dream come good.

Speaker 1

那么,你是怎么重新发现这封信的?

And so how did you come to rediscover this letter?

Speaker 1

告诉我们你是怎么弄丢它的,以及重新找到它后对你产生了什么影响。

Tell us how you lost it and then what impact on on you it had when you rediscovered it.

Speaker 2

哦,事情是这样的,我曾经有一个目标。

Oh, well, what happened is I had this goal.

Speaker 2

当你有了目标,各种想法就会涌现在你脑海中。

And then whenever you have a goal, thoughts come to you.

Speaker 2

你知道的。

You know?

Speaker 2

那些是零星的灵感闪现。

They little flashes of inspiration.

Speaker 2

你正开车行驶在路上,突然间,一个念头就冒了出来。

You're driving down the street, and all of a sudden, it pops in your head.

Speaker 2

所以我养成了一个习惯:每当我想到任何与目标相关的随机想法时,即使正在开车,我也会靠边停车把它记下来,因为我知道这是潜意识在向我传递信息。

So what I got in the habit of doing, whenever I had a random thought that applied to a goal I had, even when I was driving, I'd pull over and write it down because I knew the subconscious was feeding this to me.

Speaker 2

于是我将所有这些都整理到一个文件里,那个文件相当厚,我一直把它放在同一个地方——目标文件夹里。

So I put it all in the file, I had a pretty thick file, and I kept it in one place, the goals.

Speaker 2

然后有一天,我去找它,却找不到了。

And then one day I went to look for it and I couldn't find it.

Speaker 2

我在同一个柜子里到处找,就是找不到。

And I looked everywhere I could in the same cabinet, couldn't find it.

Speaker 2

我想也许我把它归到别的主题下了。

And I thought maybe I filed it under a different subject.

Speaker 2

我去各个主题里找,却始终找不到。

I go to the different subjects, never could find it.

Speaker 2

最后,我放弃了,开始了一个新文件。

Finally, I gave up and started a new file.

Speaker 2

然后有一天,我决定清理一下我的柜子,因为里面堆得满满当当,纸张都掉出来了。

And then one day I decided to clean out my cabinet because it was piling up and papers were hanging out and so forth.

Speaker 2

我说:今天我要把柜子整理一下。

I said, I'm going clean up my cabinet today.

Speaker 2

于是我开始整理归档。

And so I started filing it.

Speaker 2

结果它掉到了另一份文件下面,藏在了下面。

And what happened is it had fell below another file and kind of went underneath it.

Speaker 2

所以我一直没看到它。

And so I never saw it.

Speaker 2

当我整理柜子时,心想:哇,原来在这儿。

And then as I was cleaning the cabinet, thought, wow, there it is.

Speaker 2

于是我读了读,惊讶地发现当时我对这件事的思路竟然如此清晰。

And then I read it and I was really amazed how clearly defined that was in my mind.

Speaker 2

我翻看了整份文件,搞不清楚它到底有多久的历史。

I looked through the thing, I couldn't figure out how long it was.

Speaker 2

但我手头的材料可以追溯到1980年。

But I had material going back to 1980.

Speaker 2

我曾经去见客户时写过一份笔记,那是我住在洛杉矶的时候,算起来得有三十年了。

I had material once I was going to a client's meeting, and this is when I lived in LA, it had to be thirty years ago.

Speaker 2

我写了个便条,记得是去见医生的路上记的。

I wrote a note, thought I had on the way to seeing Doctor.

Speaker 2

伯克。

Burke.

Speaker 2

所以那至少得是三十五年前了。

And so that had to be at least thirty five years ago.

Speaker 2

所以文件里的材料最少也有二十五年,最长可能有四十年。

So the stuff in the file was no less than twenty five years, and the sum as long as forty years.

Speaker 2

所以我估计至少有二十五到三十年,甚至更久。

So I estimate it to be about at least twenty five to thirty years, maybe even longer.

Speaker 2

可能还要更久。

Could have been longer.

Speaker 1

我想和读者分享的一点是,这并不只是自我夸耀——我和阿诺德最近之所以频繁交流,是因为我在书里详细写过他,这在某种程度上将阿诺德推向了公众视野。

And part of what's nice that I I just wanna share with our readers, not in too self congratulatory way, is one one of the reasons why Arnold and I have been talking about this recently and emailing back and forth about this is that because I wrote about him at length in my book that kind of launched launched Arnold in some ways into the public eye.

Speaker 1

从那以后,他多次登上我的播客以及其他各种播客和访谈节目。

And since then, he's been on my podcast and various other podcasts and interviews.

Speaker 1

所以某种程度上,这本书帮助他实现了梦想。

And and so in a way, the book kind of helped to make his dream come true.

Speaker 1

所以,阿诺德最近一直在说谢谢,因为事实上,我终于在做多年前就设定好的目标了。

So one of the things that Arnold has been saying recently is, thank you, because actually I'm getting to do the thing that was my goal all these years ago.

Speaker 1

因此,这一集在很多方面都是这一过程的圆满实现。

So this episode is in many ways a culmination of fulfilment of that process.

Speaker 1

所以,看到你的登场亮相,我也感到非常激动。

And so it's been kind of thrilling for me also to see your coming out party.

Speaker 1

你今年多大了,阿诺德?83岁的 debutante?

You're what, an an 83 year old debutante, Arnold?

Speaker 2

没错。

That's right.

Speaker 2

83岁。

83.

Speaker 2

我今年八月就84岁了。

I'll be 84 in August.

Speaker 1

好的。

Okay.

Speaker 1

很好。

Good.

Speaker 1

所以我想从你的早期职业生涯谈起,因为上次你做客播客时,我们聊了你生命的前六年,听众可以回去收听那一期。

So I wanted to start by talking about your early career because last time you were on the podcast, we talked about the first six years of your life, and people can go back and listen to that.

Speaker 1

那是一个引人入胜且非同寻常的故事,让人感受到你童年有多么艰难。

And it's a it's a riveting and extraordinary story that gives a sense of how difficult your childhood was.

Speaker 1

但我想稍微往前推一点,谈谈你刚步入职场时的经历,因为一旦大家听到你在高中和高中毕业后做过哪些工作,就会很清楚地意识到,在老师、父母,甚至你自己眼里,你都不像是注定要成就伟业的人。

But I wanted to wind forward a little bit and talk about your early work career, because I think it'll become pretty clear to people once they hear about the jobs that you had at high school and then when you graduated from high school, that you were not destined for greatness in the eyes of any of your teachers, your parents, or yourself for that matter.

Speaker 2

甚至一些朋友也是,我有个高中朋友曾在我的同学录上留言,你知道的,就是那种签同学录的环节。

Even some friends, I have a friend from my high school that wrote in my annual, you know, when you sign the annual.

Speaker 2

他说:‘阿诺德,你是最酷的人。’

He said, Arnold, you're about the coolest guy.

Speaker 2

不。

No.

Speaker 2

我希望我们永远都能保持三十:三十

I hope we'll always thirty:thirty be

Speaker 0

朋友。

friends.

Speaker 0

你有点笨,但还是挺酷的。

You're kind of dumb, but you're still cool.

Speaker 1

这个家伙后来当了医生,对吧?

And this is a guy who became a doctor, right?

Speaker 1

而且他当时以为——

And was assuming-

Speaker 2

是的,他当了医生。

Yeah, became a doctor.

Speaker 2

他非常聪明。

He was very smart.

Speaker 2

他是学生会主席。

He was a stress president.

Speaker 2

大家都觉得他会有所成就,但没人觉得我会这样。

Everybody knew he was going places, but they didn't feel that way about me.

Speaker 1

你连大学都没上过。

Well, you didn't even make it to university.

Speaker 1

所以给我们讲讲,你在高中时,从十三四岁开始都做过哪些工作。

So give us a sense of what what jobs you had been doing from the age of 13 or 14 while you were at high school.

Speaker 2

你知道,当我举行成年礼时,按照犹太传统成为男子,我父亲走过来祝贺我,问我:成年礼对你意味着什么?

Well, you know, when I became a bar mitzvah, the tradition of becoming a man of the Jewish tradition, my dad came up to me and he congratulated me, and he said, what does the bar mitzvah mean to you?

Speaker 2

他说我回答:我成为了一个男人。

He says I said, I became a man.

Speaker 2

他说:很好。

He says, good.

Speaker 2

我相信这一点。

I believe that.

Speaker 2

这是个很好的说法。

That's a good way.

Speaker 2

既然你现在是个男人了,你就得对自己的所有开销负责,除了食宿。

And now that you're a man, you will be responsible for all your financial expenditures except room and board.

Speaker 2

所以任何其他我想要的东西,都得靠我自己。

So anything else that I wanted, it was on me.

Speaker 2

于是我找了一份送报纸的工作。

So I got a paper route.

Speaker 2

我成了非常出色的送报员。

I became very good paper route.

Speaker 2

我曾因成为送报客户最多的优秀送报员而被报道过。

Was written up one time for being a top carrier for getting the most customers.

Speaker 2

我在送报这份工作上做得非常成功。

And I did very well on my paper route.

Speaker 2

这笔收入让我有足够的零花钱给兄弟们买礼物之类的东西。

And that was my spending money buying presents for my brothers and things like that.

Speaker 2

这让我开始了赚钱之路,之后我又去做草坪护理的工作。

And so that got me going, and then I did lawn work.

Speaker 2

我在邻居家里割草,还做各种兼职工作。

I mowed lawns in the neighborhood, and I did any kind of part time job.

Speaker 2

即使如此,夏天我还是找不到工作。

And even at it, during the summer, I couldn't get a job.

Speaker 2

我妈妈对我说, neighborhood 有个开垃圾车的先生。

And my mom said to me, there's a gentleman in the neighbourhood that drives a garbage truck.

Speaker 2

如果你愿意的话,我可以去问问他是否愿意雇你。

If you want me to, I can go and ask him if you'd like to work for him.

Speaker 2

我得好好想想这件事。

I had to think about that one.

Speaker 2

但我还是答应了,因为其他工作都找不到。

But I said, sure, because I couldn't get any other job.

Speaker 2

于是整个夏天我都干这个工作。

And so I did that all summer.

Speaker 2

那位先生真是个令人钦佩的人,因为他个子非常小。

And the guy was really an inspiration guy because he was a very small guy.

Speaker 2

那时候我是体操运动员,身体挺强壮的。

At that time I was a gymnast, I was pretty strong.

Speaker 2

他会拿起一个大箱子,在上面挖个洞,把它拉回来,放在膝盖上,然后把它抬到卡车顶部。

And he would take this big box, carve a hole in it, pull it back, put it on his knee, and then he'd move it up to the top of the truck.

Speaker 2

我做不到。

I couldn't do it.

Speaker 2

我的意思是,他太厉害了。

I mean, he was amazing.

Speaker 2

但不管怎样,这是一份有趣的工作,但我并不想长期做下去。

But anyway, it was an interesting job, not one that I'd wanna continue with.

Speaker 1

那你大约16岁时做过一份非凡的工作。

Then you had that extraordinary job when you were about 16.

Speaker 1

从主题上讲,这有点偏离了,但我认为有必要提一下你卖花的工作,那是你讲过的最精彩的故事之一。

It's a little bit of a detour thematically, but I think it's important to mention your flower selling job, which is one of the great stories you ever told me.

Speaker 1

所以我想知道,你卖花的时候发生了什么?

So I I wondered if you could tell us what happened when you were selling flowers.

Speaker 2

嗯,当时有一份工作。

Well, there was a job.

Speaker 2

学校里有几个孩子在做花束派送业务。

There was a couple of kids at school that had a a flower route.

Speaker 2

他们会让高中里的学生加入,把你安排在街角,让你卖花。

And what they would do is they would recruit kids from the high school, and you'd put you on the corner, and they you'd sell flowers.

Speaker 2

我们发现,有些街角特别好,因为它们位于条件不错的社区,人们花很多钱买花。

And what we learned is that some corners really were good because they were in good neighborhoods and people made a lot of money.

Speaker 2

但镇上有些地方比较艰难,人们钱不多,根本卖不出去。

And there were other parts of town that were kinda tough, people didn't have that much money, and you didn't do it.

Speaker 2

所以当你刚加入时,他们会把你安排在最差的街角,这样你才能证明自己。

So when you were new, they put you into the worst the worst corner, and that is so you could prove yourself.

Speaker 2

如果你证明了自己,他们就能知道哪些是好位置,哪些是中等位置。

And if you proved yourself, they kind of knew what was a good job and what was kind of halfway.

Speaker 2

所以每个季度他们都有销售指标。

So they had a quota for each quarter.

Speaker 2

总之,要升到最好的街角,就得在条件差的区域持续超额完成指标,然后就能升到下一个更好的位置。

So anyway, the way to move up to the best corner is to continue to outperform the quotas in the bad neighborhoods, and then you move up to the next one.

Speaker 2

我花了好几个月才争取到最好的那个街角,就在贝莱尔,靠近比佛利山庄。

Well, I worked for months to work myself up to the best corner, which was in Bel Air, near Beverly Hills.

Speaker 2

对吧?

Right?

Speaker 2

连托尼·柯蒂斯都向我买过花。

I even had Tony Curtis buy flowers for me.

Speaker 2

他开着凯迪拉克,带着妻子一起来。

He came up on his Cadillac with his wife and so forth.

Speaker 2

但不管怎样,我真的很兴奋,因为在那些条件不好的街区工作太辛苦了,有时候得站好几个小时,花也卖不出去,挺让人泄气的。

But anyway, I was really excited because it was hard work in the neighborhoods that weren't too good, just stood there for hours sometimes, not fell very much, and gets kind of discouraging.

Speaker 2

但最终,我还是升到了那个最好的街角。

But anyway, finally worked up to the corner.

Speaker 2

我每天早上醒来都特别兴奋,因为知道今天要到这么棒的街角去卖花。

And as I was so excited that, you know, getting up in the morning knowing that I'm gonna be in this great corner.

Speaker 2

于是我去了那里大约一个小时,然后就开始下雨了。

And so anyway, I was there about an hour or and then it started raining.

Speaker 2

情况变得非常糟糕。

And it got really bad.

Speaker 2

我的意思是,下起了倾盆大雨。

I mean, it was a real downpour.

Speaker 2

我想,天啊,我花了这么长时间才来到这个摊位,现在下雨了,我肯定卖不了多少了。

And I thought, oh my God, I've worked all this time to get up to this corner, and now I'm not going to be able to do very good when it's raining.

Speaker 2

我一边犹豫不决,一边有人冒着雨停下车来买花。

And as I was thinking about it and going back and forth, people kept stopping in the rain and I was selling the flowers.

Speaker 2

我想,反正我已经湿透了。

I thought, well, I'm already wet.

Speaker 2

我浑身都湿透了。

I I was drenched.

Speaker 2

我都已经湿了,可人们还在买,那我就继续卖吧。

I'm already wet and people are still buying, so I'll just keep selling.

Speaker 2

于是我继续卖花。

So I kept selling.

Speaker 2

最后,一位女士开车停下来说:‘年轻人,你在雨里干什么呢?’

Finally, a lady pulls up and says, Young man, what are you doing in the rain?

Speaker 2

我说:‘我在卖花,三十五美分一朵,三朵一美元。’

I said, Well, I'm selling flowers, 35¢ a piece and three for a dollar.

Speaker 2

她只是看着我,摇摇头,悄悄对她丈夫说:‘你有多少朵花?’

And she just looked at me and shook her head, and she whispered to her husband, And she says, how many flowers do you have?

Speaker 2

我说:‘哦,我还有很多。’

I said, oh, I got plenty.

Speaker 2

你需要多少朵?

How many do you need?

Speaker 2

她说:‘不。’

She says, no.

Speaker 2

不。

No.

Speaker 2

我想让你数清楚你到底赚了多少钱。

I want you to count exactly how much you get.

Speaker 2

我想把所有的花都买下来。

I wanna buy all the flowers.

Speaker 2

我说,什么?

I said, what?

Speaker 2

她说,我想把它们全部买下。

She says, I want to buy them all.

Speaker 2

我问,这些花是做什么用的?

And I said, what what are they for?

Speaker 2

她说,年轻人,你刚才数了那些花吗?

She says, young man, you just count those flowers?

Speaker 2

我说,好的。

I said, okay.

Speaker 2

16美元。

$16.

Speaker 2

于是我问,是美元吗?

So I said, dollars.

Speaker 2

你知道吗,这些花今天值一百美元,甚至更多。

You know, that's like a $100 today or even more.

Speaker 2

所以她说,好吧。

So she said, okay.

Speaker 2

她拿出钱,我把花递给她。

She pulls out the money, and I hand her flowers.

Speaker 2

她说,现在上车吧。

She says, now get in.

Speaker 2

我说,你什么意思?

I said, what do you mean?

Speaker 2

她说,年轻人,我买这些花是想让你躲雨。

She says, young man, I'm buying you those flowers to get you out of the rain.

Speaker 2

所以快上车吧,我们家离这儿只有几个街区,你会干爽起来,我还会给你弄点汤什么的。

So get in, we only live a few blocks from here, and you'll get dried out and I'll get you some soup and so forth.

Speaker 2

我当时简直震惊了。

So I was just shocked.

Speaker 2

我的意思是,我从未经历过这样的事。

I mean, I never experienced anything like that.

Speaker 2

所以我后来上了大学。

So I said, got into college.

Speaker 2

一切都很顺利。

It went well.

Speaker 2

她给我煮了汤。

She made me some soup.

Speaker 2

丈夫出来时拿着一件漂亮的衬衫。

The husband came out with a beautiful shirt.

Speaker 2

他说:来,等你干了之后穿上这个。

And he said, here, put this on, after it was dried out.

Speaker 2

我说:天啊,这真是一件漂亮的衬衫。

I said, boy, that is a beautiful shirt.

Speaker 2

他说:好的。

He said, okay.

Speaker 2

所以我们坐在那里,和他一起看了会儿电视,时间就这样过去了。

So we sat there and I watched TV with him for a while and then things went by.

Speaker 2

我说,你知道的,我得很快回我的角落了,因为老板马上来接我。

I said, you know, I'm going to have to get back to my corner pretty soon because my boss is going to come and pick me up.

Speaker 2

于是他们说,好的。

So they said, okay.

Speaker 2

于是我打算脱下衬衫,去拿我的衣服。

So I went to take off the shirt to get me shirt.

Speaker 2

他说,不,不,你穿起来真好看。

He says, no, no, that looks so good on you.

Speaker 2

你留着吧。

You keep it.

Speaker 2

我当时想,我这是在哪?

And I thought, where am I?

Speaker 2

在天堂吗?

In heaven or something?

Speaker 2

真不敢相信有人会这么做。

Couldn't believe people doing that.

Speaker 2

他们开车送我,把我放下,然后我的老板来了,问:‘你的花呢?’

They drove me, dropped me off, and my boss came by and he said, where's all your flowers?

Speaker 2

我说:‘我卖掉了。’

I said, well, I sold them.

Speaker 2

他说:‘你在雨里把花卖了?’

He said, you sold them in the rain?

Speaker 2

我说:‘让我告诉你发生了什么。’

I said, well, let me tell you what happened.

Speaker 2

一位女士过来,想帮我躲雨,把我的花全买走了。

This lady came by to want to get me out of the rain, and she bought all my flowers.

Speaker 2

他说:‘你开玩笑吧。’

And he goes, you're kidding.

Speaker 2

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 2

他很震惊。

He was shocked.

Speaker 2

你知道吗?

Know?

Speaker 2

我说,是的。

I said, yeah.

Speaker 2

他说,好吧。

He says, all right.

Speaker 2

嗯,这太棒了。

Well, that's great.

Speaker 2

所以,不管怎样,那真是一次非凡的经历。

So anyway, that really was an amazing experience.

Speaker 2

我从未忘记过。

I've never forgotten it.

Speaker 2

它影响了我对世界的看法,因为当时我认为没有人会关心他人、愿意帮助别人,我的街区里根本不会有这种想法。

It has influenced the way I think because at that time, I didn't think there were people that cared about other people and wanted to help people and all of I mean, that just didn't enter in our neighborhood.

Speaker 2

人们不会做这样的事。

People didn't do things like that.

Speaker 2

完全不像他的风格。

Was totally out of character.

Speaker 2

所以,我总是会提到这件事。

So anyway, I always made a mention of this.

Speaker 2

每当我看到女童军卖饼干之类的东西,我总会买一大包。

Whenever I see the girl scouts selling cookies or something like that, I always buy a big batch of them.

Speaker 2

当她们看着我,显得有点惊讶时,我会说,你知道,这可不是我的主意。

And when they looked at me and they're kind of surprised, said, you know, that wasn't my idea.

Speaker 2

有一位女士,我会跟她们讲这个故事,她走过来,想帮我躲雨,还买下了我所有的花。

There was a lady, and I tell them a story, that came by and wanted to get me out of the rain, and she bought all my flowers.

Speaker 2

我知道那种感觉有多好,所以我想让你们也感到开心。

And I know how good that felt, and so I wanna make you guys feel good.

Speaker 2

谢谢你们所有的饼干。

So thank you for all the cookies.

Speaker 2

然后我说,好吧。

And then I say, okay.

Speaker 2

你最喜欢哪种?

What's your favorite?

Speaker 2

你最喜欢哪种?

And who what's your favorite?

Speaker 2

妈妈,你最喜欢哪种?

Mom, what's your favorite?

Speaker 2

然后我分好,全部送给他们。

And then I divide it up and give them all to them.

Speaker 1

阿诺德,我喜欢这一点,你六十七八年前经历的这件事,几十年来一直产生着回响。

Love the fact, Arnold, that this thing that happened to you, what, sixty seven, sixty eight years ago has reverberated over the decades.

Speaker 1

所以你曾经对我说,当有人如此触动你的心灵时,它会永远改变你。

And so you once said to me, when somebody touches your heart like that, it changes you forever.

Speaker 1

我记得你曾经对我说,我不知道。

I remember you once saying to me I I don't know.

Speaker 1

这么说可能有点不妥,但我认为值得说出来,你知道,你经历过大屠杀,遭受了可怕的遭遇,39位家人被纳粹杀害。

It sounds a little tactless to say, but I think it's worth saying, you know, you had come through the Holocaust where you'd been you know, you'd gone through appalling things and 39 members of your family had been killed by the Nazis.

Speaker 1

所以你曾经对我说过,这件事对你产生如此深远影响的一个原因,是因为这对夫妇是非犹太人。

And so one thing you once said to me is, in a way, one reason why this event had such a profound impact on you is because this couple was non Jewish.

Speaker 1

因此,看到非犹太人照顾你,对你来说是一件极其震撼的事情。

And so there was this it was an incredibly powerful thing for you to see non Jewish people taking care of you.

Speaker 2

是的。

Yes.

Speaker 2

这很大程度上是因为我妈妈出生在波兰的一个小隔都,那里因反犹太主义而发生了许多坏事,他们一直面临困境。

And that was very much because my mom was born in Poland in a small ghetto, and bad things happened from an anti Semitic thing, and they always had problems.

Speaker 2

然后他们搬到了荷兰阿姆斯特丹,相比他们原来的地方,那里要好得多。

And and then they moved to Amsterdam, Holland, which was very good compared to where they came from.

Speaker 2

我父亲来自德国。

My dad was from Germany.

Speaker 2

但从小到大,我听到的一直都是:犹太人是一回事,非犹太人是另一回事。

But the point I've always heard all my life is the Jews are one thing and Gentiles are another.

Speaker 2

你不能真正信任非犹太人,看看我们遭遇了什么,等等。

You can't really trust the Gentiles because look what happened to us and so on and so forth.

Speaker 2

我从未有过这样的观点,认为非犹太人会是好人,愿意帮助犹太人。

I never had this viewpoint that Gentile people could be good people, and they'd want to help Jewish people.

Speaker 2

当然,战争期间有人藏匿了我的父母,但也有人把他们出卖给了纳粹。

Of course, people hid my folks during the war and there's also people who turned them into the Nazis.

Speaker 2

我对这一点不太清楚。

I wasn't quite clear about that.

Speaker 2

当我看到这对非犹太夫妇把我当作他们的儿子一样对待时,我的意思是,他们待我就像亲生儿子一样。

When I saw this couple who was non Jewish and treated me like I was their son, I mean, they treated me as good as a son.

Speaker 2

所以我觉得这改变了我的看法。

So I thought that changed my viewpoint.

Speaker 2

它让我意识到,我以前听到的关于非犹太人的那些话多少有些偏颇。

It opened my eyes to the fact that the things I heard about Gentiles were kind of biased.

Speaker 2

这是通过他们的经历让我明白的。

It was through their experience.

Speaker 2

所以如果你只有这样的经历,那这就是你所相信的。

So if you have that experience and that's the only experience you had, then that's what you believe.

Speaker 1

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

这可能也是你变得如此开放,去研究不同宗教信仰的原因——比如基督教、印度教、佛教以及其他各种信仰,你开始意识到,等等。

And it's probably one of the reasons you became so open to studying different faiths, the teachings of Christianity and Hinduism and Buddhism and all these other faiths, that you started to see, oh, wait a second.

Speaker 1

并不是只有我的传统才拥有宝贵的价值。

It's not just my own tradition that has has valuable Yeah.

Speaker 2

我认为这就是善良的价值。

And I think that's the value of kindness.

Speaker 2

当你善良时,我稍后会谈到,它实际上会在你的体内产生化学物质,比如血清素、多巴胺、内啡肽等。

When you are kind, and I'll talk about it later, it actually creates chemicals in your body, serotonin, dopamine, endorphins, and things of that nature.

Speaker 2

因此,我们稍后会讨论的一个问题是:如果人们想要快乐,就必须做那些能产生这些化学物质的事情,因为大脑是一种化学器官。

So one of the things that we'll talk about later is if people wanna be happy, they have to do the things that create those chemicals because the brain is a chemical instrument.

Speaker 2

所以,你越是做那些能产生内啡肽、多巴胺和血清素等物质的正确事情,你就越快乐。

And so the more you do the right things that create these endorphins and dopamine and serotonin and so forth, the happier you're going to be.

Speaker 2

事实证明,良好的饮食、锻炼、晒太阳、善良和诚实,这些都能产生这些化学物质。

Turns out having good diet, doing exercise, and being in the sun, and being kind and being honest, those all are things that create that.

Speaker 2

所以,要快乐,你只需要过一种美好的生活。

So all you have to do to be happy is to live a good life.

Speaker 2

这由你的化学物质和大脑决定。

It's dedicated by your chemicals and your brain.

Speaker 1

所以,好吧。

So, okay.

Speaker 1

不过,我们之后一定会详细讨论这一点。

Well, we'll come back to that definitely in some detail.

Speaker 1

但首先,我们来多谈谈你的使用情况。

But first let's talk a bit more about your use.

Speaker 1

我们刚才在谈你的工作,对吧?

So we were talking about your jobs, right?

Speaker 1

所以你一直在往卡车上装垃圾。

So you've been loading garbage on a truck.

Speaker 1

你一直在卖花。

You've been selling flowers.

Speaker 1

我想你高中毕业时,那个-

I think then when you graduated from high school, which-

Speaker 2

哦,我还在一家木工厂有一份好工作。

Oh, I had a good job in a wood factory too.

Speaker 2

是放学后四小时。

Was four hours after school.

Speaker 2

那是一份好工作。

That was a good job.

Speaker 1

你在上高中时,每天放学后工作四小时。

Four hours a day after school while you were at high school.

Speaker 1

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 1

这太辛苦了。

That's brutal.

Speaker 1

这真是辛苦的工作。

That's hard work.

Speaker 1

然后我记得你高中毕业后找到了一份工作,你曾经在我坐在你办公室时给我看过你的高中成绩单,当时你还笑着说自己差点没能毕业。

And then I seem to remember that you got a job after you graduated, and you had shown me your high school transcript once when I was sitting in your office and you were sort of laughing about the fact that you barely got through high school.

Speaker 1

有一门课是木工和无伴奏合唱,我记得他们告诉你只需要动动嘴唇,不用真的唱歌。

Had a class of shop and acapella where I think they told you that you had to just move your lips and not sing.

Speaker 1

这并不是

It wasn't

Speaker 2

我根本没有唱歌的天赋。

I didn't have any talent for singing.

Speaker 2

但我最喜欢的两门课是汽车维修和体操。

But my favorite class were two classes, auto shop and gymnastics.

Speaker 2

我是个攀绳高手。

I was a rope climber.

Speaker 2

所以汽车维修课是每天头两个小时,我真的很投入。

And so auto shop was the first two hours of the day, and I really got into it.

Speaker 2

事实上,上高中时,我的梦想是成为一名汽车机械师,甚至开一家汽车修理店。

And matter of fact, when I was in high school, my dream was to be an auto mechanic and maybe even have an auto shop type of thing.

Speaker 2

所以我特别想学遍所有东西,而那位老师人非常好。

And so I really wanted to learn everything, and the teacher was really a tremendous guy.

Speaker 2

我最喜欢汽车维修的地方,不一定是解决问题,而是享受发现故障的过程。

The thing that I enjoyed most about auto mechanics was not necessarily fixing the problem, I loved finding the problem.

Speaker 2

于是我去找哈尔布鲁姆先生,问他:你怎么知道一辆车哪里出了问题?

And so I went to mister Halbloom and I said, how do you know how to figure out what's wrong with the car?

Speaker 2

他说:哦,这有一整套方法。

And he says, oh, there's a whole methodology.

Speaker 2

比如电气系统、燃油系统等等。

There's the electrical system, the the fuel system.

Speaker 2

你先从电池开始,检查这里有没有电,然后再到那里,再继续往下排查。

And you start off with the battery and you see if you have electricity here, then you move into you have it here, and then you move in.

Speaker 2

如果那里没电,那问题就出在中间这段。

If it doesn't come here, then the problem is in between here and there.

Speaker 2

所以有一整套方法,从电池开始,一直到电气系统,从油箱到化油器,然后进行调整。

And so there's a whole methodology starting from the battery all the way into the electrical system and from the from the from the fuel tank to the carburetor and then the adjustment.

Speaker 2

所以我真的深深投入进去了。

So I really got into it.

Speaker 2

他们有一个放在支架上的发动机,你可以练习,动手操作,他会把问题藏起来,然后你得找出来。

They had an engine on a stand, and you could practice on it, do it, and he would fix the thing up, and I'd have to find it.

Speaker 2

我非常喜欢做这件事。

And I loved doing it.

Speaker 2

他甚至让我们参加了一场汽车维修比赛,有来自不同高中的35辆车,机械师会故意制造一些故障,让你一时摸不着头绪。

He even enrolled us into a automotive contest where they had 35 cars from different high schools, and the mechanics would kind of mess up, you know, so you wouldn't know how to figure it out.

Speaker 2

然后你就得用上你这套方法。

And then you had to use your system.

Speaker 2

当时有35所高中和四所初级学院参赛,而我们是第一个绕完赛道的。

We would have wanted there were 35 high schools and four junior colleges, and we were the first one around the track.

Speaker 2

这正是比赛的初衷。

That was the idea.

Speaker 2

但他们取消了我们的资格,并不是完全取消,而是让我们回去,因为尽管我们已经让车跑完了赛道,一些火花塞仍然存在点火不良等问题。

But they disqualified us, not totally, but they made us go back because there were some parts, even though we got the car around the track, were still misfiring on some spark plugs and so forth and so on.

Speaker 2

等我们不得不开车返回时,其他人都已经到了。

And then by the time we had to drive back, everybody else came in.

Speaker 2

但那是一次很棒的经历,因为我学到了很多东西。

But that was a great experience because I learned a lot.

Speaker 2

我找到一份在加油站的工作,时薪1.15美元,每到周五晚上,我所有的朋友都会开车来加油站,因为他们要去和女朋友约会。

I got a job at a gas station for a dollar 15 an hour, and all my buddies would come in at the gas station on Friday night when they go out with their girlfriends.

Speaker 2

他们会来洗车并做些维修。

They'd come and wash their cars and fix it up.

Speaker 2

只要车出了问题,他们总会来加油站找我,让我帮他们找出车哪里不对劲。

And whenever there was a problem, they'd always come to the gas station so that I could figure out what was wrong with their car.

Speaker 2

我学会了分辨各种不同的声音。

I learned to listen to different noises and things.

Speaker 2

你会惊讶的,这其实是一门相当讲究的技艺。

You'd be surprised, there's quite an art to that.

Speaker 2

所以我非常感兴趣,也想成为那样的人。

So I was really interested and I was going to be that.

Speaker 2

有一天,我需要为我的1941款雪佛兰找一个零件,但我们没有,只好去汽车经销商那里。

And then one day, I needed a part for my '41 Chevy and we didn't have it, I had to go to the car dealer.

Speaker 2

那是周六早上,天气非常冷。

And it was a Saturday morning and it was real cold.

Speaker 2

一位老人走了出来,那时候65岁就算老人了。

And an old man came out, at that time old was 65.

Speaker 2

他穿着一件白色工作服走出来。

And he came out in a white coverall.

Speaker 2

我告诉他车子出了什么问题。

I told him what the problem was.

Speaker 2

他说:让我去看看。

He says, let me go take a look.

Speaker 2

他爬到地沟板上,钻到了车底下。

He gets on the creeper and he rolls underneath the car.

展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
Speaker 2

他走出来时,裤子上沾满了各种油污之类的东西。

And he comes out and he's got all kinds of oil on his trousers and stuff like that.

Speaker 2

他的脸上和手上都有一些东西,天气非常冷。

His face had some things his hand looked at, and it was very cold.

Speaker 2

就在那一刻,我当场就想明白了。

I thought, right then, there on the spot.

Speaker 2

于是我对自己说,不,这可不是我65岁时想做的事。

And I said, no, this is not what I want to do when I'm 65 years old.

Speaker 2

所以我得找点别的事情做。

So I'm going to have to find something else.

Speaker 2

就在那时那地,我当场决定,这不适合我。

Right then and there, right on the spot, I decided that's not for me.

Speaker 2

我开始寻找其他方向。

I started looking for other things.

Speaker 2

所以当我还在加油站工作时,老板生意失败,加油站破产了。

So while I was working at the gas station, they went bankrupt when the guy went out of business.

Speaker 2

所以我得找另一份工作,那时离圣诞节只有两周了。

So I had to get another job, and it was two weeks before Christmas.

Speaker 2

而且我和我爸之间也出了问题。

So I had also had a problem with my dad.

Speaker 2

我们吵了一架,他说:听着,事情就是这样。

We had an argument, and he said, look, Here's the way it is.

Speaker 2

你住在这里,这些就是规矩。

This is where you live, and these are the rules.

Speaker 2

如果你受不了,那也没关系。

And if you can't go by with them, that's okay.

Speaker 2

我明白。

I understand.

Speaker 2

你就找别的地方住吧,你知道的,类似这样的话。

Just find another place to live, you know, that kind of thing.

Speaker 2

我想,你知道吗?

I thought, you know what?

Speaker 2

这主意不错。

That isn't a bad idea.

Speaker 2

我想我就这么办了。

Think that's what I'm gonna do.

Speaker 2

我有个朋友想搬出去住。

I had a friend of mine that wanted to move out.

Speaker 2

我就问杜克,你还想搬出去吗?

And I said, Duke, are you still interested in moving out?

Speaker 2

当然想。

Oh, yeah.

Speaker 2

随时都可以。

Anytime.

Speaker 2

所以我说,我们为什么不找套公寓呢?

So I said, why don't we find an apartment?

Speaker 2

我不喜欢我爸爸的一点是,他说如果你想上大学,就可以免费住在这里。

What I didn't like about the fact that my dad is he said, if you wanna go to college, you can live here free.

Speaker 2

如果你不想上大学,就去工作,每周给我15美元。

If you don't wanna go to college, you go to work and you pay me $15 a week.

Speaker 2

所以我说,这有点太高了。

So I said, that was a little high.

Speaker 2

但不管怎样,我在加油站找到了一份工作,第一周得买制服,还有各种扣款,比如鞋子和其他东西。

But anyway, I got this job at the gas station, and the first week I had to buy a uniform and there were all kinds of deduction shoes and different things.

Speaker 2

所以两周我才赚了30美元。

So I only made $30 for two weeks.

Speaker 2

不,是两周29美元。

Oh, no, dollars 29 for two weeks.

Speaker 2

于是我去找我爸爸。

So I go, my dad comes to you.

Speaker 2

他问:‘你今天领工资了吗?’

Said, Did you get paid today?

Speaker 2

我说:‘是的,这是支票。'

I said, Yeah, here's the check.

Speaker 2

赚了29美元,他说:‘已经两周了,你欠我30美元。’

Made $29 He says, Well, it's been two weeks, you owe me 30.

Speaker 2

我说:‘我只赚了29美元,怎么付你30美元?’

And I said, How am I going to pay you 30 when I only made 29?

Speaker 2

他拿过支票,说:‘你下周再付我一美元就行了。’

He grabs the check and he says, you can pay me another dollar next week.

Speaker 2

这真的让我很生气。

And that really ticked me off.

Speaker 2

我对这件事非常不满。

Was really upset with that.

Speaker 2

那时他跟我讲起他作为房东的那套道理。

That's when he gave me the pith about, hey, I'm the landlord.

Speaker 2

然后我开始告诉他:‘爸,我还得自己付这些钱。’

And then I started telling him, well, Pa, I had to pay for this.

Speaker 2

他说:‘阿诺德,你得学会一件事。’

He said, Arnold, there's one thing you need to learn.

Speaker 2

房东根本不在乎你的问题。

The landlord doesn't give a damn about your problems.

Speaker 2

他只想要你的钱。

He only wants your payment.

Speaker 2

就这么简单。

That's it.

Speaker 2

我是房东。

I'm the landlord.

Speaker 2

所以你先付了,我就让你再拖几周。

So you pay it, and I'll let you go until a couple of weeks.

Speaker 2

你可以以后再还。

You can pay it back.

Speaker 2

这就是游戏的规则。

That's the rules of the game.

Speaker 2

于是我回答:好吧。

So I said, okay.

Speaker 2

所以我搬走了。

So I moved out.

Speaker 2

我搬走大约两周后,加油站就倒闭了。

And about two weeks after I moved out, the gas station went out of business.

Speaker 2

现在我银行里有40美元,正在找工作。

Now I got $40 in the bank, and I'm looking for a job.

Speaker 2

然后我的变速箱坏了。

And then my transmission goes out.

Speaker 2

所以我真的处境艰难。

So I'm really in tough shape.

Speaker 2

每次见到房东,我都得躲开,赶紧避开他。

I had to duck when I saw the landlord, I had to duck out of the way.

Speaker 2

于是我到处去找工作。

And so I went everywhere to get a job.

Speaker 2

我没有任何技能。

I didn't have any skills.

Speaker 2

我没有一门手艺。

I didn't have a trade.

Speaker 2

我走进那些大樓,说我要申请工作。

And I'd walk into these big buildings, they said, I'm applying for a job.

Speaker 2

他们问:你想找什么工作?

They said, what kind of job?

Speaker 2

我说:什么工作都行。

I said, I'll take anything.

Speaker 2

你知道的吗?

You know?

Speaker 2

于是我跑遍了全城,不停地填申请表。

So I went all over town, and I was filling out applications.

Speaker 2

他们总是说要写得工整,我确保每一份都写得整整齐齐的。

They always tell you make it real neat, and I made sure that it was neat and everything.

Speaker 2

但过了一阵子,我真的厌倦了。

But after a while, I got really tired of it.

Speaker 2

所以我走过的时候,我想了想,没进这栋楼。

So I walked I walked by and I said, you know, I didn't go into this building.

Speaker 2

我有种感觉,我应该进这栋楼。

I had a feeling that I should go into the building.

Speaker 2

于是我走进了大楼。

So I walk into the building.

Speaker 2

我告诉她我在找工作。

I told her I'm applying for a job.

Speaker 2

她说,很抱歉。

She says, I'm sorry.

Speaker 2

我们没有职位空缺,但如果你愿意填份申请表的话。

We don't have any jobs, but if you'd like to fill out an application.

Speaker 2

于是我填得有点马虎。

So I did it kind of sloppily.

Speaker 2

只是想赶紧填完算了。

Just wanted to get it out.

Speaker 2

她看了看,说:‘我刚接到人事部的电话,那位先生现在出去吃午饭了,但如果你愿意一小时后再回来,就可以和他谈谈。’

And she looks at it and she says, I just got a call from the personnel department and the gentleman is going out to lunch right now, but if you'd like to come back in an hour, you can talk to him.

Speaker 2

我说:‘太好了。’

Said, Oh, great.

Speaker 2

随时都可以。

Anytime.

Speaker 2

我当时想:天哪,我真希望刚才也那么做了。

I thought, Oh my God, I wish I'd have done that neither.

Speaker 2

但不管怎样,我一小时后回来了,他叫我进去,开始跟我聊多职能部门的事。

But anyway, I went back in an hour and he called me in and he starts talking about the multi lit department.

Speaker 2

我不知道‘多职能’是什么,其实是个印刷部门。

And I didn't know what the multi lift it's a printing department.

Speaker 2

但我并不明白‘多职能’是什么意思。

But I didn't know what the multi lift meant.

Speaker 2

他问:‘你对多职能部门感兴趣吗?’

He said, would you be interested in the multi lift department?

Speaker 2

我说,哦,当然可以。

I said, oh, sure.

Speaker 2

我很乐意。

Be happy to.

Speaker 2

我想,反正我能损失什么呢?

I figured, well, how can I lose?

Speaker 2

对吧?

Right?

Speaker 2

我开垃圾车。

I run garbage trucks.

Speaker 2

我能损失什么?

What can I lose?

Speaker 2

所以他正在讲多色印刷机的事。

So he's talking about the multilith.

Speaker 2

好吧,我带你认识一下多色印刷部门的主管。

Well, me introduce you to the supervisor of the multilith department.

Speaker 2

于是我去了多色印刷机部门,他开始谈论多色印刷机部门。

So I go to the multilith and he starts talking about the multilith department.

Speaker 2

我还是不明白他在说什么。

Still didn't know what he was talking about.

Speaker 2

我想告诉他我不懂。

I want to tell him I didn't know.

Speaker 2

于是他滔滔不绝地说个不停。

So he's going on and on.

Speaker 2

然后他说:‘你愿意下去看看多色印刷部门吗?’

And he says, Would you like to go down and see the multi lit department?

Speaker 2

我说:‘好。’

Said, Yeah.

Speaker 2

我走进去,当然发现那是个印刷厂。

And I walk in and then of course I saw it was a print shop.

Speaker 2

于是他说:‘哦,你有兴趣吗?’

So he said, Oh, would you be interested?

Speaker 2

我说:哦,我太想去了。

I said, Oh, I would love that.

Speaker 2

看起来非常有趣。

It looked very interesting.

Speaker 2

于是他说:好吧,你得先出去。

So he said, Okay, you got to go out.

Speaker 2

我说:我什么时候能开始?

And I said, When can I start?

Speaker 2

因为当时我处境很糟糕,对吧?

Because I was in trouble, right?

Speaker 2

我的意思是,我没什么钱。

I mean, I didn't have much money.

Speaker 2

于是他说:你圣诞节后再回来吧?

So he said, Why don't you come back after Christmas?

Speaker 2

这可是圣诞节前两周左右,对吧?

This is like two weeks before, right?

Speaker 2

或者就差几天。

Or a few days before.

Speaker 2

那正好是圣诞节前。

It was right before Christmas.

Speaker 2

我记得他的名字,梅特兰先生。

I remember his name, mister Maitland.

Speaker 2

我说,梅特兰先生,我有没有可能马上就开始?

I said, mister Maitland, is there any chance I could start right away?

Speaker 2

他说,你知道吗,阿诺德,我并不反对让你马上开始,但问题是,在雇用你之前,我们需要进行体检。

He said, you know, Arnold, I don't have a problem starting you, but the problem is that we need to have a medical examination before I can hire you.

Speaker 2

所以不管怎样,我们都得等几天。

So we're gonna have to wait a few days anyway.

Speaker 2

我说,我需要做什么才能做体检?他说,你去趟医生那里。

And I said, what do I have to do to get a med he says, you go to the doctor.

Speaker 2

他做个常规体检。

He does a routine medical exam.

Speaker 2

这没什么大不了的。

It's not a big deal.

Speaker 2

然后我们就可以雇佣你了,因为这涉及到团体保险之类的事项。

And then we can hire because it has to do with the group insurance and so forth and so on.

Speaker 2

我说,如果我去看医生,然后把医疗记录带回来呢?

I said, what about if I go to the doctor and I bring the medical records back?

Speaker 2

他说,不行。

He says, no.

Speaker 2

必须是私密的。

It's gotta be private.

Speaker 2

于是我想到,如果他把检查结果装进信封并封好,让我打不开,然后我再带过来怎么样?

So I thought, well, how about if he puts it in an envelope and he seals it, so I can't open it, and then I can bring it.

Speaker 2

这样就是私密的了。

It'd be private.

Speaker 2

他说,嗯,这倒是个新点子,我打个电话问问医生。

He goes, well, that's kind of a new one, but I'll call the doctor.

Speaker 2

所以他给医生打了电话。

So he called the doctor.

Speaker 2

医生说,当然可以。

Doctor says, sure.

Speaker 2

让他下来吧。

Send him down.

Speaker 2

于是我下来了,做了检查,然后把东西带上去,打开了信封。

So I came down, I got the exam, I bring it up, I open it up.

Speaker 2

他看了看,问:‘怎么了?’

And he looks at it and he goes, What's the matter?

Speaker 2

他说:‘你在印刷厂工作,却有色盲,面对各种油墨,这会有问题。’

He says, You're color blind in a print shop with all kinds of different inks and all that.

Speaker 2

他说:‘这会是个问题。’

Says, That's going to be a problem.

Speaker 2

我说:‘嗯,我能看清一些颜色。'

I said, well, know, I can see some colours.

Speaker 2

我能看出他明白我非常沮丧。

I could tell he knew I was very upset.

Speaker 2

我觉得他其实挺支持我的。

Was kind of rooting for me, I think.

Speaker 2

于是他说,这样吧,我亲自给你做一下色盲测试。

And so he says, I'll tell you what, I'm going give you the coloured blank test myself.

Speaker 2

所以他拿出了三种主要颜色:金色、蓝色、白色和绿色。

So he picked up three major colours, so the gold colour, the blue colour, the white colour, and the green colour.

Speaker 2

我都通过了,因为我有红绿色盲,但深绿色我很容易分辨。

And I passed all of those because I'm red green colour blind, but a dark green I could easily see.

Speaker 2

于是他说,好了,这些就够了。

So he says, okay, that's all we need.

Speaker 2

所以我问,那我什么时候能开始上班?

So I said, well, when can I start?

Speaker 2

等我们到那儿的时候,距离圣诞节只有几天了。

By the time we got there, it was only a couple of days of Christmas.

Speaker 2

他说,你知道吗?

Says, do you know what?

Speaker 2

圣诞节前一天,我们只上半天班。

The day before Christmas, we only work half day.

Speaker 2

你不如那天来上班,我们就在那天开始吧?

Why don't you come in and we'll start you on that day?

Speaker 2

于是我就在圣诞节前一天开始了工作。

So I started the day before Christmas.

Speaker 2

那真是最开心的时光。

And that was just the happiest time.

Speaker 2

我去看了一个卖圣诞树的朋友,告诉他:嘿,我找到工作了。

Went over and saw a friend of mine who was selling Christmas tree, I told him, hey, I got this job.

Speaker 2

所以我们俩都特别兴奋。

So we were all both pretty excited about it.

Speaker 2

那成了我人生的一个转折点,因为那是一家非常整洁的店铺。

And that was kind of a turning point in my life because it was a real clean shop.

Speaker 2

那是一座很大的建筑。

Was a big building.

Speaker 2

那是里奇菲尔德石油公司。

Was a Richfield oil company.

Speaker 2

他们有自己的内部印刷部门。

They had their internal printing department.

Speaker 2

我真的很喜欢这份工作。

I really took to it.

Speaker 2

我很享受修理机器的过程。

And I enjoyed fixing the machine.

Speaker 2

我对机械非常在行。

Was very good with mechanics.

Speaker 2

这是我从机械工作中学到的另一件事。

And that's another thing I learned from mechanics.

Speaker 2

我爸爸总是告诉我,阿诺德,你在现实世界中学到的一切,最终都会派上用场。

My dad always told me, Arnold, everything you learn in the real world, you will find that you'll be able to use.

Speaker 2

有时候,学术知识在大学里可能很重要,但你并不总是能记住,因为你用不上。

Sometimes academic things may be important in in college and stuff like that, but they don't always stick with you because you don't use them.

Speaker 2

他说,你在现实中学到的一切,将来总是用得上。

He said, everything you learn in the real world, you'll always be able to use.

Speaker 2

所以我成了机械方面的高手,也明白了拥有正确工具的重要性。

So I became very good at mechanics, and I learned the importance of having the right tool.

Speaker 2

我记得以前修车时,有些地方用特定方法很难够到。

I remember when I used to work on my car, and it would be difficult to get to a place in a certain technique.

Speaker 2

但如果你有正确的工具,一切就会大不一样。

But if you had the right tool, it made all the difference.

Speaker 2

所以上高中时,我总是存钱去买合适的工具。

So when I was in high school, I always saved my money to buy the right tool.

Speaker 1

所以有一件事很清楚,你当时是在被培养,或者自己在为一种蓝领职业做准备,对吧?

So one thing that's pretty clear, right, you were being groomed or grooming yourself for kind of blue collar career, right?

Speaker 1

你最要好的朋友都是高中里那些从事蓝领工作的孩子,你们总是联手对抗其他孩子,互相保护。

And your closest friends were these kids at high school who had blue collar careers, and you and they were always getting in fights where you were defending each other against other kids.

Speaker 1

所以你当时是个有点叛逆的孩子,学业上不太顺利。

So you were kind of a tough kid, not doing very well academically.

Speaker 1

你是个优秀的运动员,这一点我们稍后再聊。

You were a good athlete, as we can talk about later.

Speaker 1

尽管你从大屠杀期间成长的孤儿院出来时营养不良,你还是成了攀绳冠军。

You'd you'd become a champion rope climber despite how malnourished you'd been coming out of the the orphanage where you'd grown up during the Holocaust.

Speaker 1

你高中毕业时,对自己有什么样的自我认知?

What sort of image of yourself did you have when you came out of high school?

Speaker 1

因为我认为这一点很重要,它将帮助我们解释你是如何扭转人生的,以及这种转变在多大程度上依赖于你对自己形象的改变。

Because I think this is important to establish as we move towards explaining how it was that you turned around your life and how much of turning your life around depended on you kind of changing your image of yourself.

Speaker 1

因为我的感觉是,你从小听到的都是你不够聪明,我记得你曾经写过一篇关于承诺力量的演讲,说无论我多么努力,都无法实现自己的目标。

Because my sense is you had grown up hearing that you weren't very smart, thinking I remember you writing a speech once on the power of commitment where you said no matter how hard I worked, I was not able to accomplish my goals.

Speaker 1

所以你能告诉我们,那时你内心真实的模样是怎样的吗?

So can you give us a sense of what you were actually like back then internally?

Speaker 1

我们已经了解了你生活中外在发生了什么。

We've got a sense of what was going on externally in your life.

Speaker 2

我认为战后我遇到了一个问题,我妈妈请了最好的儿童心理学家来弄清楚我哪里出了问题,因为他们让我上了希伯来语课。

Well, I think that I had this situation after the war that my mom hired the best child psychologist to figure out what was wrong with me because they enrolled me in a Hebrew class.

Speaker 2

那是一节幼儿园级别的希伯来语课,但我挂了。

It was like a kindergarten Hebrew class, and I failed it.

Speaker 2

我显然没法完成那些作业。

I obviously couldn't do the work.

Speaker 2

我和大家相处得也不好。

I wasn't getting along.

Speaker 2

于是拉比,我爸爸把我叫到一边说:你知道,你不会和别的孩子一起继续往下学了,你会被单独安排。

And so the rabbi, my dad called me aside and said, you know, you're not gonna you're gonna move on, but you're not going with the other kids.

Speaker 2

我们会送你去一个特别的课程。

We're gonna send you to this special course.

Speaker 2

我问:为什么我不和别的孩子一起?

Said, how come I'm not going with the other kids?

Speaker 2

他们说:嗯,这只是一个不同的安排。

And they said, well, you know, it's just a different thing.

Speaker 2

我们觉得这个课程更适合你。

We think this class will be better for you.

Speaker 2

我感觉那并不是真相。

And I got the feeling that that wasn't the truth.

Speaker 2

我感觉自己失败了。

I got the feeling I failed.

Speaker 2

当我上小学时,我在阅读和这些方面都遇到了困难。

And when I got into grammar school, I had trouble reading and all of these kind of things.

Speaker 2

于是我妈妈请了这位顶尖的儿童心理学家。

So my mom hired this child psychologist who was one of the top.

Speaker 2

他得出的结论是,由于战争期间的营养不良,可能影响了我的大脑。

And the conclusion he came to is that because of what happened in the war with the malnutrition, it could have affected my brain.

Speaker 2

如果那里造成了永久性损伤,那可能是永久性的。

And it might be kind of a permanent thing if there was permanent damage there.

Speaker 2

无法确定。

Couldn't tell.

Speaker 2

但他表示,他只是想让妈妈知道,这不仅仅是个暂时的问题,可能会持续下去。

But he said he just wanted to prepare my mom that this was not just a temporary problem, this may be ongoing.

Speaker 2

因此,我从小就这样认为,我在希伯来学校表现不好,在语法学校也表现不佳。

And so that's what I kind of grew up with thinking that I didn't do good in Hebrew school, didn't do good in grammar school.

Speaker 2

妈妈对此很担心,于是请了一位儿童心理学家。

And my mom was concerned about it, hired a child psychologist.

Speaker 2

于是我听到了这个故事,它逐渐成了我的自我认知。

And so I heard this story and that kind of became my image.

Speaker 2

在运动方面,我表现得还不错。

And so athletically, I could do fine.

Speaker 2

比如修车、做体力活,或者在蓝领环境中工作,我都非常擅长。

Like working on cars and doing menial jobs and working in blue collar situation, I was very good.

Speaker 2

但一涉及到学业,就几乎毫无希望。

But when it came to the academics, it was almost hopeless.

Speaker 2

回首往事,我还意识到,不仅我自我形象低下,而且我对学校教的内容完全提不起兴趣,我记得坐在英语课上,老师正在讲悬垂分词。

Other thing that I realized looking back, it wasn't only that I had this low self image, I had zero interest in what they were teaching in school because I remember sitting in an English class and the woman was teaching the dangling participle.

Speaker 2

我想,这和生活有什么关系?

I thought, what has this got to do with life?

Speaker 2

我想赚点钱。

I want to make some money.

Speaker 2

我该怎么做到?

How do I do this?

Speaker 2

所以英语就成了我最差的科目。

And so I had just English just became the worst subject.

Speaker 2

太无聊了。

It was boring.

Speaker 2

我从来就没学好过。

I never did well.

Speaker 2

我不愿意学。

I didn't wanna do it.

Speaker 2

这种情况一直持续了很久。

And this just went on and on.

Speaker 2

所以我学业上没有进步。

And so I didn't develop academically.

Speaker 2

于是所有的老师都告诉我,阿诺德,你的成绩不好。

And so all the teachers used to tell me, you know, Arnold, you're not getting good grades.

Speaker 2

如果你想在人生中取得成功,你就得取得好成绩,还得上大学。

If you want to be successful in life, you got to get good grades and you got to go to college.

Speaker 2

如果你想拥有好的职业并赚钱,不上大学是做不到的。

And if you want to have a good career and make money, you can't do it if you don't go to college.

Speaker 2

所以高中毕业后,我坐在那里,我妈妈看着我说,阿诺德,你看起来有点沮丧。

So I was sitting there after I graduated from high school, and my mom looked at me and she said, Arnold, you look a little depressed.

Speaker 2

我说:‘是啊,妈妈,我确实如此。’

Said, Well, ma, I am.

Speaker 2

她问:‘为什么?’

She said, How come?

Speaker 2

我说:‘你知道的,我在高中时体操等项目表现很好,但学业上一直没做好。'

And I said, well, you know, I did very well in high school with the gymnastics and so forth, but I never did well in school.

Speaker 2

所有的老师都告诉我,如果你想成功赚钱,就必须上大学。

And all the teachers told me, if you wanna be successful and make money, you gotta go to college.

Speaker 2

她问:什么?

And she goes, what?

Speaker 2

老师告诉你,不上大学就赚不到钱?

The teachers are telling you that you can't make money unless you go to college?

Speaker 2

我说,是的。

I said, yeah.

Speaker 2

她说,我首先告诉你的是,问他们自己赚了多少钱。

She said, the first thing I tell you is ask them how much they make.

Speaker 2

等你弄清楚后,你会发现他们根本不懂自己在做什么。

And when you find out, you'll see they don't know what they're doing.

Speaker 2

她说,这是第一条规则。

She said, that's the first rule.

Speaker 2

第二件事是,你必须理解这个世界是如何运行的。

The second thing is you have to understand the way the world works.

Speaker 2

只有两种人。

There's only two kinds of people.

Speaker 2

一种是雅卡,另一种是商人。

There's the yeka and there's the businessman.

Speaker 2

我问,雅卡是什么?

I said, what's a yeka?

Speaker 2

她说,雅卡就是你爸爸那样的人。

She says, a yeka is a guy like your dad.

Speaker 2

他很聪明。

He's intelligent.

Speaker 2

他懂数学。

He knows mathematics.

Speaker 2

他懂心理学。

He knows psychology.

Speaker 2

他懂宗教。

He knows religion.

Speaker 2

他懂政治。

He knows politics.

Speaker 2

问他任何问题,他都能回答你。

Ask him anything and he can answer you.

Speaker 2

他能赚钱吗?

Can he make money?

Speaker 2

一无所获。

Nothing.

Speaker 2

她说:一无所获。

She goes, Nothing.

Speaker 2

我说:但,她说,想想你母亲。

And I said, But, she said, Take your mother.

Speaker 2

她懂所有这些其他领域吗?

Does she know all of these other subjects?

Speaker 2

不懂。

No.

Speaker 2

她在乎吗?

Does she care?

Speaker 2

不在乎。

No.

Speaker 2

她能赚钱吗?

Can she make money?

Speaker 2

你妈妈在哪都能赚钱,哪怕在奥斯维辛。

Your mother can make money anywhere, even in Auschwitz.

Speaker 2

所以我当时就一直想着这事。

And so I I was kind of spend with that.

Speaker 2

我说:那你觉得我该怎么做?

I said, well, so what do you think I should do?

Speaker 2

她说:你得当个尤卡人或者商人。

She says, You got to be a yucca or a businessman.

Speaker 2

你想成为什么样的人?

What do you want to be?

Speaker 2

我说:‘好吧,我不想当龙舌兰,我要当商人。’

I said, Well, I don't want to be a yucca, I'll be a businessman.

Speaker 2

好吧,那就找一个生意做。

Okay, so find a business.

Speaker 2

我说:‘妈妈,我能做什么生意呢?’

I said, Well, mom, what kind of business can I go into?

Speaker 2

她说:‘这有什么区别呢?’

She says, What difference does it make?

Speaker 2

做生意就是找到你喜欢的产品,然后找到愿意买它的人。

Business is you find a product that you like, and then you find somebody who would like to buy it.

Speaker 2

我就这么做:找一个产品,然后卖出去,利润就在中间,赚个好生活。

And that's what I do, find a product, then sell it, and money is in the middle, make a good living.

Speaker 2

生意就是这么运作的。

That's how business works.

Speaker 2

做生意就是这么简单。

That's all there is to business.

Speaker 2

找一个产品,卖出去,赚到钱。

Find a product, sell it, and make money.

Speaker 2

你不需要上大学或做其他任何事。

And you don't need to go to college or anything.

Speaker 2

这就是你所需要的一切。

That's all you need.

Speaker 2

她说,你可以把你的母亲空降到世界任何地方。

She says, you can parachute your mother anywhere in the world.

Speaker 2

她甚至不需要懂当地语言,就能赚钱。

She doesn't even need to know the language, and she can make money.

Speaker 2

她说,当我来到荷兰时,我不会说荷兰语。

She said, when I came to Holland, I couldn't speak Dutch.

Speaker 2

我们开始做生意时,连租店面的钱都付不起。

And we started our business, and we couldn't afford a location.

Speaker 2

我们在一条土路的尽头开了个小生意。

We had a little business at the end of a dirt road street.

Speaker 2

你爸爸做衣服、处理所有制作商品的事情时,你妈妈每天晚上都会出去卖货。

And your mother would go out every night when your dad made the dresses and did all the the stuff to to create the merchandise, I would go out and sell it.

Speaker 2

她说,我直到把所有东西都卖完才回家。

And she said, I never went home until I sold everything.

Speaker 2

就是这样。

That's it.

Speaker 2

把它记在心里。

Put it in your mind.

Speaker 2

你去卖它。

You sell it.

Speaker 2

你就能赚钱。

You make money.

Speaker 2

她说,你知道我发现了什么吗?

And she says, you know what I found out?

Speaker 2

你爸爸有一晚给我打电话,我回家很晚。

Your dad called me one night, and I came home late.

Speaker 2

他说:‘你去哪儿了?’

And he said, where where were you?

Speaker 2

发生什么事了?

What's going on?

Speaker 2

已经很晚了。

It's late.

Speaker 2

她说:‘你知道吗,雨果,我明白了一件事。’

She said, you know, Hugo, I learned something.

Speaker 2

我发现,越晚,我卖得越多。

I found out that the long the later it got, the more I sold.

Speaker 2

我明白了,人们买它只是为了打发我走。

And I figured out that people just bought it to get rid of me.

Speaker 2

那就是她的为人。

That was who she was.

Speaker 2

你明白吗?

You know?

Speaker 1

为了回溯一下,阿诺德,你提到过你母亲在奥斯维辛时甚至还能做生意。

And to wind back, Arnold, I mean, you mentioned you mentioned your mother in Auschwitz saying she could even sell in Auschwitz.

Speaker 1

我觉得有必要回头谈谈这一点,花几分钟说说她的奥斯维辛经历,那非常非凡,并且对你产生了重要影响,尤其是关于意识力量的教导——仿佛她的意志力真的能扭曲现实。

And I I do think it's worth going back and talking about that for a couple of minutes because her experience in Auschwitz was very extraordinary, and it had important ramifications for you really in terms of teaching you about the power of consciousness because it was it was as if the power of her mind could could bend reality to her will.

Speaker 1

我想听你讲两个关于她奥斯维辛时期的故事。

There are two stories I'd love you to tell about her time in Auschwitz.

Speaker 1

一个是她与神明做交易的故事,另一个是她朋友生病时的非凡经历。

One of which is the story of her doing business with the gods, but the other is the extraordinary story of when her friend was sick.

Speaker 2

哦,快说吧,先生。

Oh, let me hear it, sir.

Speaker 2

有一年我去过荷兰。

I was going to Holland one year.

Speaker 2

那是七十年代初。

It was in the early seventies.

Speaker 2

我对妈妈说:‘妈,我要去荷兰了。’

And I said, ma, I'm going to Holland.

Speaker 2

我打算去英格兰,途中会顺道去荷兰,看望那些救过你的人等等。

I'm gonna be going to England, and I'm gonna stop by in Holland and visit the people who saved you and so forth.

Speaker 2

哦,这真是太好了。

Oh, now it's wonderful.

Speaker 2

你到那里后,请找一下莱妮·赫尔兴的家。

When you get there, please look up Lainie Hirchen houses.

Speaker 2

那是那位女士的名字。

That was the lady's name.

Speaker 2

我问:她是谁?

I said, who is she?

Speaker 2

她说:莱妮和我都在奥斯维辛。

She says, well, Lainie and I were in Auschwitz.

Speaker 2

我们睡在同一张床上,她病得很重。

We're on the same bunk, and she got very sick.

Speaker 2

我们关系非常亲密。

We were very close.

Speaker 2

她得了斑疹伤寒。

And she had typhus.

Speaker 2

所以当你得了斑疹伤寒,他们就会腾出一间营房。

So what they do when you have typhus, they take a barrack.

Speaker 2

他们在营房前派哨兵把守,防止别人进去,以免污染整个营地,然后任由你在那里死去。

They put a guard in front of it so that you can't go in there because you contaminate the whole camp, and they let you die there.

Speaker 2

你知道吗?

You know?

Speaker 2

你就那样被困在里面。

You're just in there.

Speaker 2

我想去看看她,但我知道门口有哨兵把守。

And so I wanted to go see her, but I knew there was a guard in front.

Speaker 2

我有一些睡衣,还有一些食物、水之类的,打算带给她。

And I had some nightgowns, and I had some food for her and some water and so forth.

Speaker 2

我打算去探望她,让她感觉好一些。

And I figured I would visit her and make her feel better.

Speaker 2

于是她对我说,我就走到守卫面前,他说:停下。

And so she said, so I went up to the guard, and he said, stop.

Speaker 2

他手里拿着枪。

He had his gun there.

Speaker 2

他问:你要去哪儿?

And he says, where are you going?

Speaker 2

我说她病得很重,我想进去,因为里面有个快死的朋友。

He she's well, I would I'm gonna go in there because I have a friend of mine that's dying.

Speaker 2

他说:我的命令是,如果你再往前走一步,我就开枪射你,你不能进去,否则会污染整个营地。

And he said, my orders are if you go any further than where you are right now to shoot you, you can't go in because you contaminate the camp.

Speaker 2

于是她说:让我问你一个问题。

And so she said, let me ask you a question.

Speaker 2

如果你的亲人或挚爱正在里面等死,你不想进去吗?

If you had a relative or a loved one that was dying in there, would you not wanna go in there?

Speaker 2

她说,他回答:当然想。

She says he said, well, sure.

Speaker 2

但我的命令是开枪射你。

But my orders are to shoot you.

Speaker 2

所以别再往前走了。

So don't go any further than this.

Speaker 2

我不得不开枪射你。

I'm gonna have to shoot you.

Speaker 2

他说,你知道吗?

He says, you know what?

Speaker 2

她说,我待在一个小屋里,那里会先让你进到小屋里。

She says, I'm in a cabin where what they do is they put you they have these cabins before the gas chamber, and they'd have you go into the cabin.

Speaker 2

他们会对这些人施放毒气,然后你再转移到下一个屋子。

They gas these people, then you move into the next cabin.

Speaker 2

所以她估算,从她待在小屋里的时候算起,到被送到毒气室,大约需要两周时间。

And so she figured where she was from the time where she was in the cabin to how long it would take to get to the gas chamber be about two weeks.

Speaker 2

因此她说,我要么在接下来的两周内死在毒气室里,要么就死在你开枪的时候。

So she says, I'm going to die in the next two weeks in the gas chamber, or I'm gonna die when you shoot me.

Speaker 2

但反正我都要死了,这也没关系。

But if I'm gonna die anyway, it doesn't matter.

Speaker 2

我要进去了。

I'm going in.

Speaker 2

她说她直接转身就走,而他并没有开枪打她。

And she said she just took off and started walking, and he didn't shoot her.

Speaker 2

所以莱妮跟我讲了这个故事。

And so Lainie was telling me this story.

Speaker 2

你知道吗?

You know?

Speaker 2

我去探望她的时候,给她打了电话,说:‘莱妮,这是阿诺德·丹内伯格的。’

When I visit her, she I called her up, and I said, Lainie, this is Arnold Dannenberg's.

Speaker 2

我站在石头上。

I'm on the stone.

Speaker 2

莱妮,孩子。

Lainie, son.

Speaker 2

进来。

Come in.

Speaker 2

我想,天哪。

I thought, jeez.

Speaker 2

这就像个名人。

It was like a celebrity.

Speaker 2

你知道吗?

You know?

Speaker 2

嗯。

Mhmm.

Speaker 2

她做了一顿美味的饭。

She made this beautiful meal.

Speaker 2

她说,你知道吗,你这一生可能会遇到很多人,但永远不会遇到像你母亲这样的人。

She says, you know, you can go to your whole life through life, and you will never meet anybody like your mother.

Speaker 2

我说,怎么了?

And I said, what's going on?

Speaker 2

她说,嗯,她有没有告诉你她什么时候救过我的命?

She says, well, did she tell you when she saved my life?

Speaker 2

我说,没有。

I said, no.

Speaker 2

她没提过这件事。

She didn't mention it.

Speaker 2

她只是让我来探望你。

She just told me to go visit you.

Speaker 2

她说,这就是我来的原因。

She says, that's why I'm here.

Speaker 2

她觉得这没什么大不了的。

She doesn't think it's a big deal.

Speaker 2

她说,但当时站在枪口前说‘我要进去了’,需要多大的勇气啊。

She says, but the amount of courage it took to stand there in front of a gun and say, I'm going in.

Speaker 2

所以她说,当时躺在那里。

So she said, was laying there.

Speaker 2

我当时有点神志不清。

I was kind of in delirium.

Speaker 2

我以为听到了你妈妈的声音,但我心想,不可能吧。

And I thought I heard your mother's voice, but I thought, can't be.

Speaker 2

突然间,她走了进来。

All of a sudden, she comes walking in.

Speaker 2

她脸上带着灿烂的笑容,好像这里是她家一样。

She's got a big smile like she owns the place.

Speaker 2

她说,曼贾,不管你做什么,都别再回来了,因为下次他们真的会开枪打死你。

And she says and she she said, Manja, whatever you do, don't come back because the next time, they're gonna shoot you.

Speaker 2

她说,我明天再来。

She says, I come back tomorrow.

Speaker 2

她说,不行,玛妮。

She said, no, Marni.

Speaker 2

你不能来。

You don't.

Speaker 2

我明天见你。

I see you tomorrow.

Speaker 2

她走出去了。

She walked out.

Speaker 2

第二天,她又出现了。

Next day, she shows up again.

Speaker 2

她说,Marni,你不能这样。

And she says, Marni, you can't do this.

Speaker 2

她说,你是怎么通过守卫的?

She says, how did you get by the guard?

Speaker 2

她说,你知道的,他拦住了我,我就跟他解释了。

She says, you know, he stopped me, and I explained to him.

Speaker 2

我最后一次见到他时,他往另一边走了。

And this last time when I saw him, he walked the other way.

Speaker 2

她说,我觉得他怕我。

She says, I think he's afraid of me.

Speaker 2

她说,那是她的幽默方式。

She said, it was that was her humor.

Speaker 2

你知道吗?

You know?

Speaker 2

于是她最后一次说,她说,伦尼,我要告诉你一件事。

And so she said the last time she said, she says, Lenny, I'm gonna tell you so.

Speaker 2

我冒着生命危险来看你,给你带来这些食物。

I risk my life to come and see you to bring you these foods.

Speaker 2

她抓住她,说,你可别死在我前面,总有一天,我们会庆祝从奥斯维辛出来,一起喝酒,为这个庆祝干杯。

And she grabbed her, and she says, you better not die on me because one of these days, we're gonna be celebrating getting out of Auschwitz, and we're gonna be drinking wine and toasting that celebration.

Speaker 2

我一直记在心里。

And I've got it in my mind.

Speaker 2

你得把它记在心里。

You gotta put it in your mind.

Speaker 2

她仍然紧紧握着。

And she's still holding.

Speaker 2

她说,不管怎样,你千万别死在我前面。

She says, and whatever you do, don't die on me.

Speaker 2

她那女士说,她几乎不敢死,因为对方对此如此坚决。

She lady says, I was almost afraid to die because she was that adamant about it.

Speaker 2

那就是她的风格。

And that was her.

Speaker 2

你知道吗?

You know?

Speaker 2

这对她来说太典型了。

That's just classic for her.

Speaker 1

我们昨天在电话里聊到她,你给我讲了一个我从没听你说过的故事,你说她心里其实和上帝签了一份契约。

And we were talking about her yesterday over the phone, and you were telling me a story that I don't think you'd ever told me before where you said she actually she in her own mind had a contract with God.

Speaker 2

那真有趣。

Oh, that was funny.

Speaker 2

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 2

她对我说,你知道吗,阿诺德,我从不害怕自己会死在奥斯维辛,因为我就是知道我不会。

She said to me, you know, Arnold, I was never afraid that I was gonna die in Auschwitz because I just knew I wasn't.

Speaker 2

我说,你怎么知道?

I said, how do you know?

Speaker 2

她说,我和上帝做了一笔交易。

She says, I made a deal with God.

Speaker 2

我说,你所谓和上帝做交易是什么意思?

I said, what do you mean you made a deal with God?

Speaker 2

如果你坐下来签个合同什么的,她说话的语气就是那样。

If you sit down and sign a contract or something and that's what the way she sounded like.

Speaker 2

嘿。

Hey.

Speaker 2

这事儿就这么定了。

It's a done deal.

Speaker 2

她说,不。

She said, no.

Speaker 2

我对上帝说,如果你让我活过奥斯维辛,能见到我的孩子们,我就会走你的路。

All I said to god, if you will let me live through Auschwitz so I can see my children, I will walk your path.

Speaker 2

我会做你让我做的任何事。

I will do anything you want me to do.

Speaker 2

我知道他接受了,所以这件事就这么定了。

And I know that he accepted it, so it was done.

Speaker 2

我知道我不会死在奥斯维辛,任何事都改变不了这一点。

I knew I was not gonna die in Auschwitz, and nothing made any difference.

Speaker 2

我走过的时候,人们会突然倒在我面前死去。

People I would walk down, and all of a sudden, somebody would fall dead in front of me.

Speaker 2

这些人一直在不断死去。

These people were dying all the time.

Speaker 2

我知道死的不会是他。

I knew it wasn't gonna be he.

Speaker 1

她还有种奇怪的态度。

She also had this strange attitude.

Speaker 1

我记得你曾经告诉我,当她住在老年公寓时,她是个难搞的老太太,经常因为打人惹麻烦,你说她觉得自己是老年公寓里最漂亮的人,所以他们不得不给她单独拍照?

I remember you telling me once when she was in an old h m, when she was an impossible old lady and would would get in trouble hitting people in the old h m, that you said that she thought that she was way the most beautiful person in the old so they had to take a separate photo of her?

Speaker 2

是的。

Yeah.

Speaker 2

事情是这样的,我妈妈一直觉得自己要么很特别,要么很漂亮。

What happened is my mom always had this feeling that she was either special or beautiful.

Speaker 2

她身上有一种特质,让她真的相信这一点。

There was something about her that she really believed this.

Speaker 2

有一次她告诉我,她曾经爱上波兰的一名医学生,但她父亲不让她和这个男生约会,因为对方虽然是犹太人,但不够‘纯正’。

And and, you know, one time she was telling me, you know, she was in love with this medical school student in Poland, and her dad didn't wouldn't let her date the guy because he wasn't Jew he was Jewish, but he wasn't Jewish enough.

Speaker 2

我父亲非常正统。

My dad was very orthodox.

Speaker 2

所以他告诉她:‘马尼亚,在这个家里,你不能和这个人约会。',

So he said to her, Mania, when you live in this home, you cannot date this man.

Speaker 2

他是犹太人。

He's Jewish.

Speaker 2

他说,不行。

She he says, no.

Speaker 2

他不是犹太人。

He's not Jewish.

Speaker 2

他不遵守这些规矩。

He he doesn't follow it.

Speaker 2

他不是犹太人,香奈儿,所以你不能和他约会。

He's not Jewish, Chanel, so you can't go out with him.

Speaker 2

她说,好吧,爸爸,那我就离开。

She said, okay, papa, then I will leave.

Speaker 2

当时她只有15岁,生活在波兰的一个小隔都里。

She was only 15 years old in Poland in a little ghetto.

Speaker 2

他看着她,一脸困惑:你什么意思?

He kind of looked at her like, what do you mean?

Speaker 2

总之,她得知我们在德国有一些亲戚。

So anyway, she found out that we had some relatives in Germany.

Speaker 2

她给他们写了信,问他们自己是否可以过去。

She wrote to them and asked them if they could she could come.

Speaker 2

那些人说,当然可以。

And the people said, sure.

Speaker 2

快来吧。

Come on down.

Speaker 2

我们有个生意。

We have a business.

Speaker 2

如果你愿意在生意里工作,我们可以给你一份工作。

And if you'd like to work in the business, we can give you a job.

Speaker 2

所以她非常兴奋。

So she was all excited.

Speaker 2

她上了火车,去了德国,然后遇到了我爸爸。

She got on the train, went to Germany, and then she met my dad.

Speaker 2

所以我问,那个你因为爱他才离开的人,后来怎么样了?

So I said, what happened to the guy who you were in love with, which is the reason you left?

Speaker 2

她说,阿诺德,当我到德国的时候,我美极了。

She says, Arnold, when I got to Germany, I was so beautiful.

Speaker 2

所有的男人都想约我出去。

All the men wanted to date me.

Speaker 2

我想,谁还需要她呢?

I figure, who needs her?

Speaker 2

所以我看着她,又看了看壁炉架上的一张照片,看到了她年轻时的样子。

So I said so I just looked at her, and I'm looking at a picture on the mantle, and I see her when she's a young girl.

Speaker 2

我看着那张照片,心想,我大概不会约她出去。

I'm looking at that, and I said, I don't think I would ask her out.

Speaker 2

她在我眼里并不那么漂亮,但她自己觉得是。

She didn't look that beautiful to me, but she did.

Speaker 2

有一次我去养老院看望她,那里有一张整个团体的合影,还有一张她单独的照片。

So one time I went to visit her in the nursing home, and there was a picture of the whole group, and there was a picture by herself.

Speaker 2

我想,为什么他们会放一张她单独的照片呢?

And I thought, why would they have a picture of her by herself?

Speaker 2

所以我们敲了门,进去坐了下来。

So we got knocked on the door, we went in and sat down.

Speaker 2

我说:妈,我注意到墙上多了一张照片。

And I said, ma, I noticed there was this a different picture.

Speaker 2

他们有全家福,还有你单独的一张。

They had the whole group and the one by yourself.

Speaker 2

她说:你不知道吗?

And she said, don't you know?

Speaker 2

我说:你什么意思?

I said, what do you mean?

Speaker 2

我很特别。

I'm special.

Speaker 2

我妻子听了开始笑。

And my wife started laughing.

Speaker 2

她跟我说这话时,我真生气了。

I got actually angry when she told me that.

Speaker 2

但我妻子开始笑,我想,我得拿这事开个玩笑。

But my wife started laughing, and I thought, I'm gonna make a joke out of this.

Speaker 2

我说,哦,你很特别。

I said, oh, you're special.

Speaker 2

能有你这样一位特别的妈妈,我真是太幸运了。

Well, I must be very fortunate to have such a special mom as you.

Speaker 2

她一本正经地说,你说对了。

And with a straight face, she said, you said it.

Speaker 2

天哪。

Jesus.

Speaker 2

她真的这么认为。

Really believed that.

Speaker 1

所以,我的意思是,

So, I mean,

Speaker 2

很有趣吗?

so interesting?

Speaker 2

你知道什么有趣的事吗?

You know what's interesting?

Speaker 2

每当人们见到我妈妈时,你知道他们第一句话说什么吗?

Whenever people would meet my mom, you know what the first thing they said is?

Speaker 2

你妈妈真漂亮。

Your mom is so beautiful.

Speaker 2

她并不漂亮。

She wasn't beautiful.

Speaker 2

那是她自己在心里营造出来的。

She created that in her mind.

Speaker 1

我们先短暂休息一下,听听今天赞助商的话。

Let's take a quick break and hear from today's sponsors.

Speaker 3

当你经营一家小企业时,雇对人至关重要。

When you're running a small business, hiring the right person can make all the difference.

Speaker 3

正确的员工能提升你的团队,提高生产力,让你的业务更上一层楼。

The right hire can elevate your team, boost your productivity and take your business to the next level.

Speaker 3

但找到这样的人本身可能就像一份全职工作。

But finding that person can feel like a full time job in itself.

Speaker 3

这就是LinkedIn职位的优势所在。

That's where LinkedIn jobs comes in.

Speaker 3

他们的新AI助手通过为你匹配真正符合你需求的顶尖候选人,消除了招聘中的猜测成分。

Their new AI assistant takes the guesswork out of hiring by matching you with top candidates who actually fit what you're looking for.

Speaker 3

它不再让你逐份翻阅简历,而是根据你的标准筛选应聘者,并突出显示最匹配的人选,帮你节省数小时时间,让合适的人选出现时你能迅速行动。

Instead of sifting through piles of resumes, it filters applicants based on your criteria and highlights the best matches, saving you hours and helping you move fast when the right person comes along.

Speaker 3

最棒的是,这些优秀的候选人已经都在LinkedIn上。

The best part is that those great candidates are already on LinkedIn.

Speaker 3

事实上,通过LinkedIn招聘的员工,至少留任一年的可能性比通过主要竞争对手招聘的员工高出30%。

In fact, employees hired through LinkedIn are 30% more likely to stick around for at least a year compared to those hired through the leading competitor.

Speaker 3

一次就招对人。

Hire right the first time.

Speaker 3

免费在linkedin.com/studybill发布你的职位,然后推广它以使用LinkedIn职位的新AI助手,让寻找顶尖候选人变得更简单、更快速。

Post your job for free at linkedin.com/studybill, then promote it to use LinkedIn jobs new AI assistant, making it easier and faster to find top candidates.

Speaker 3

这就是 linkedin.com/studybill,免费发布职位的地方。

That's linkedin.com/studybill to post your job for free.

Speaker 3

条款和条件适用。

Terms and conditions apply.

Speaker 3

好的。

All right.

Speaker 3

我想让你

I want you

Speaker 4

各位想象一下,在夏季高峰期的奥斯陆度过三天。

guys to imagine spending three days in Oslo at the height of the summer.

Speaker 4

你有漫长的白昼、绝佳的美食、漂浮在奥斯陆峡湾上的桑拿房,而且你所有的对话对象都是真正塑造未来的人。

You got long days of daylight, incredible food, floating saunas on the Oslo Fjord, and every conversation you have is with people who are actually shaping the future.

Speaker 4

这就是奥斯陆自由论坛。

That's what the Oslo Freedom Forum is.

Speaker 4

从2026年6月1日到6月23日,奥斯陆自由论坛将迎来第十八年,汇聚来自世界各地的活动家、技术专家、记者、投资者和创业者。

From June 1 through the third twenty twenty six, the Oslo Freedom Forum is entering its eighteenth year bringing together activists, technologists, journalists, investors, and builders from all over the world.

Speaker 4

其中许多人正活跃在历史的最前沿。

Many of them operating on the front lines of history.

Speaker 4

在这里,你可以亲耳听到人们如何使用比特币应对货币崩溃,如何利用人工智能揭露人权侵害,以及在审查和威权压力下构建技术的真实故事。

This is where you hear firsthand stories from people using Bitcoin to survive currency collapse, using AI to expose human rights abuses, and building technology under censorship and authoritarian pressures.

Speaker 4

这些不是抽象的概念。

These aren't abstract ideas.

Speaker 4

这些都是现实中的人们正在使用的工具。

These are tools real people are using right now.

Speaker 4

你将与大约2000位非凡的人物同处一室——异见者、创始人、慈善家、政策制定者——这些是你不仅会聆听,还会共进晚餐的人。

You'll be in the room with about 2,000 extraordinary individuals, dissidents, founders, philanthropists, policymakers, the kind of people you don't just listen to but end up having dinner with.

Speaker 4

在三天里,你将体验震撼人心的主舞台演讲、关于自由科技与金融主权的动手工作坊、沉浸式艺术装置,以及在会议结束后仍持续进行的深入对话。

Over three days, you'll experience powerful main stage talks, hands on workshops on freedom tech and financial sovereignty, immersive art installations, and conversations that continue long after the sessions end.

Speaker 4

这一切都将在六月的奥斯陆举行。

And it's all happening in Oslo in June.

Speaker 4

如果这听起来像是你理想中的场合,那你运气不错,因为你可以亲自到场参加。

If this sounds like your kind of room, well, you're in luck because you can attend in person.

Speaker 4

标准票和赞助者票可在 oslofreedomforum.com 购买,赞助者票提供深度参与、私人活动以及与演讲者的小团体交流时间。

Standard and patron passes are available at oslofreedomforum.com with patron passes offering deep access, private events, and small group time with the speakers.

Speaker 4

奥斯陆自由论坛不仅仅是一场会议,它是一个理念与现实交汇、由亲历者共同塑造未来的地方。

The Oslo Freedom Forum isn't just a conference, it's a place where ideas meet reality and where the future is being built by people living it.

Speaker 3

每一家企业都在问同一个问题。

Every business is asking the same question.

Speaker 3

我们如何让人工智能为我们所用?

How do we make AI work for us?

Speaker 3

可能性无穷无尽,而猜测风险太高。

The possibilities are endless and guessing is too risky.

Speaker 3

但袖手旁观绝非选项,因为有一件事几乎可以肯定:你的竞争对手已经行动了。

But sitting on the sidelines is not an option because one thing is almost certain, your competitors are already making their move.

Speaker 3

借助甲骨文的 NetSuite,你今天就能让人工智能发挥作用。

With NetSuite by Oracle, you can put AI to work today.

Speaker 3

NetSuite 是全球超过 43,000 家企业信赖的头号人工智能云 ERP 系统。

NetSuite is the number one AI cloud ERP trusted by over 43,000 businesses.

Speaker 3

它是一个统一的套件,将您的财务、库存、电商、人力资源和客户关系管理整合为单一数据源。

It's a unified suite that brings your financials, inventory, commerce, HR, and CRM into a single source of truth.

Speaker 3

这种互联的数据让您的AI更智能,不再只是猜测。

That connected data is what makes your AI smarter so it doesn't just guess.

Speaker 3

现在,借助NetSuite AI连接器,您可以使用任何您选择的AI工具连接到真实的业务数据,提出您曾经有过的所有问题,从关键客户到现金状况再到库存趋势。

And now with NetSuite AI Connector, you can use the AI of your choice to connect to your actual business data and ask every question you ever had, from key customers to cash on hand to inventory trends.

Speaker 3

无论您的公司年收入是数百万还是数亿,NetSuite都能帮助您保持领先。

Whether your company earns millions or even hundreds of millions, NetSuite helps you stay ahead of the pack.

Speaker 3

目前,NetSuite免费提供商业指南《揭开AI的神秘面纱》,请访问netsuite.com/study获取。

Right now, NetSuite's free business guide, Demystifying AI at netsuite.com/study.

Speaker 3

这份指南免费提供,访问netsuite.com/study即可获取。

The guide is free to you at netsuite.com/study.

Speaker 3

netsuite.com/study。

Netsuite.com/study.

Speaker 1

好的。

Alright.

关于 Bayt 播客

Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。

继续浏览更多播客