本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
本集是在达拉瓦尔人的土地上录制的。
This episode was recorded on the country of the Darrawal people.
我向过去的和现在的长者致以敬意。
I pay my respects to elders past and present.
我认识到这片土地上蕴含着深厚的传统文化、精神和生态知识,包括与森林、沿海土地、水道以及生活在这里的动植物之间悠久的关系。
I recognize the deep cultural, spiritual, and ecological knowledge held in this place, including long standing relationships with forests, coastal lands, waterways, and the plants and animals that live there.
您正在收听《周末观鸟者》。
You're listening to Weekend Birder.
我是凯尔西·科斯塔,我在这里帮助您在日常生活中留意鸟类。
I'm Kirsty Costa, and I'm here to help you notice birds in everyday life.
我最喜欢主持这个播客的一点,就是能听到那些从未打算成为观鸟者的人们的故事。
One of my favorite things about hosting this podcast is getting to hear from guests who never set out to become bird people.
他们只是追随了对自然的好奇心,最终来到了一个有趣的地方。
They just followed their curiosity about nature, and it ended up somewhere interesting.
我很高兴向您介绍今天的嘉宾,肖恩和凯特·切尼。
I'm thrilled to introduce you to today's guests, Shane and Kate Cheney.
他们与鸟类的联系塑造了他们的共同生活。
They have a connection to birds that has shaped their life together.
以下是Shane如何开始观鸟的故事。
Here is how Shane first got into bird watching.
我从小就喜欢鸟类。
I've always loved birds.
小时候,我建了一个很大的步行式鸟舍,养了金丝雀和鹌鹑,还繁殖它们,我就是特别喜欢鸟类。
As a kid, I had a big I built a big walking aviary and had finches and quails and and bred them and I just love birds.
我现在是一名退伍军人,在国防军服役多年,曾多次被派往世界各地。
I'm a veteran now and spent quite a few years in the defence force and did quite a few deployments around the world.
而我的快乐之地,就是每当发现一只鸟的时候。
And my happy place was whenever I found a bird.
无论我到哪里旅行,总是与鸟类相伴。
Wherever I travelled, was always birds.
我随时可以抽出十分钟,放下手头的事,静静地坐着,观察鸟儿的一举一动。
I could take ten minutes out from whatever I'm doing and just sit there and watch the bird go about its business and stay.
而且,这一直是我生活中的常量。
And yeah, it's just been my constant in my life.
我非常喜欢它。
I love it.
我记得第一次散步时看到一只戴胜,当时我就在想。
I remember seeing a hoopoe for the very first time just walking around.
我心想:哇,那是什么?
I'm going, wow, what is that?
我后来查了一下,对我来说,这是一种 exotic 鸟,但对其他人来说,它只是种常见的鸟。
And I obviously looked it up and it's just those, to me, an exotic bird, but to everyone else, it's just an everyday bird.
但这就是我热爱旅行的原因。
But that's what I loved about the travel.
我一直都是个善于观察鸟类的人。
Well, I've always been a bird noticer.
我小时候养过虎皮鹦鹉,我妈妈还喂食凤头鹦鹉,结果它们把房子都啄坏了。
We had budgies growing up and my mom used to feed the cockatoos and then they chewed the house.
三十多年前,有一只猩猩飞进了我的后院,它会说话,还和凤头鹦鹉一起进来。
And I had a korilla fly into my backyard over thirty years ago and he could talk and he came in with the cockatoo.
所以我养过一只猩猩宠物。
So I've had a pet korilla.
它现在就坐在离我们不远的地方,希望它能乖一点。
He's sitting not far from us now, so hopefully behaves himself.
不然的话,你就会听到它了。
Otherwise, you will would hear him.
我觉得谢恩真的让我大开眼界。
I think Shane just really opened my eyes.
我骑马在野外时经常看到它们,却不知道那是什么鸟。
I would see them when I was out in the bush riding horses and not know what they were.
今天早上我还提起,看到树攀雀时心想,哇,这鸟真酷。
And I was just relaying it this morning about seeing tree creepers and thinking, wow, that's a cool bird.
瞧瞧这个。
Look at that.
我在想那到底是什么。
I'm wondering what it was.
对于我这样充满科学好奇心的大脑来说,我真的很想了解这些事情。
And for me, with my scientific curious brain, I really wanted to know things.
我需要知道得更多。
I need to know more.
学习辨认各种鸟类以及如何识别它们让我非常兴奋。
And learning what bird is what and how to identify them really excites me.
但毫无疑问,如果我没有遇到谢恩,我可能现在还是个只是注意到鸟的人,这也没什么不好,但了解它们真的让我兴奋不已。
But it was definitely, you know, if I hadn't met Shane, I'd probably just be another bird noticer still, which is fine, but knowing them, it really excites me.
而且我知道我们后院曾经有鸟,最近我们刚看到一些鳞胸鹦鹉和麝香吸蜜鹦鹉,而我以前根本不会注意到这些。
And knowing that we've had birds here in our backyard, recently we've just had some scaly breasted and a musk lorikeet, and I would never have noticed that.
我只会以为那是另一只彩虹吸蜜鹦鹉,因为我们这儿有很多彩虹吸蜜鹦鹉。
I would have just thought it was another rainbow because we get plenty of rainbows.
而让我开始观鸟的,正是从谢恩那里学会如何辨认它们。
And that's pretty much what got me into birding is learning to identify them from Shane.
但你的描述非常细致,你回家后会向我解释你看到的是什么鸟,我仅凭你的描述就能认出来,然后我们下次出去时,她又会看到那只鸟,没错,那就是我们看到的鸟,我们答对了,成功记录在案,真棒。
But you're very thorough in your descriptions, so you'd come home and explain to me what type of bird you saw and I was able to identify it just from your description and then we'd go out next time and she'd see it again and then yep, that's what we saw and we got it right and know, tick in the box, good for us.
我想第一个是,我从驯马回来,当时在偏远的野外,看到一只红喉哨鸟。
I think the first one was that I came home from training my horse and I was way out in the bush and it was a Rufus Whistler.
我们最终确定那是红喉哨鸟,因为它的胸部是栗色的,臀部是白色的,他当时给我看了很多鸟,告诉我它们的大小,还有它那美妙的歌声,而且它就一直在附近徘徊。
We came to decide that it was a Rufus Whistler because I'm like, was chestnut on its chest and then had a white hip and he was showing me all these birds and how big was it and it had this beautiful song, and it just kind of hung around.
你知道的,他给我看了几种鸟,但特别明显的是它白色的喉咙、黑色的横条纹,还有黑色的头部等等。
It was you know, he showed me a few birds, but it was definitely, you know, the white throat and the black across its the black bar and then the black head and everything.
现在我们
Now we
经常看到它们。
see them all the time.
现在我们经常看到它们。
Now we see them all the time.
很多人在看到红喉哨鸟之前,早就听过它的叫声了。
Many people hear a Rufus whistler long before they ever see one.
对许多观鸟者来说,这一时刻成为了一个转折点,声音突然变得与视觉同等重要。
And for a lot of bird watchers, that moment becomes a turning point when sound suddenly becomes just as important as sight.
红喉哨鸟有许多叫声,我记得其中三个是清脆的‘plick’、‘chick’和一个上升的哨音,听起来像。
The Rufus whistler has many calls, and the three that I remember are a sharp plick chick and a rising whistle that sounds like.
有时它们会发出一连串的旋律,我只能形容为哨鸟特有的声音。
And then sometimes they have these bursts of melody that I can only describe as something the whistlers do.
有些人觉得它听起来像‘乔伊、乔伊、乔伊’。
Some people think that it sounds like Joey Joey Joey.
这些录音是由马克·安德森赠予我们的。
Those recordings were gifted to us by Mark Anderson.
红喉哨鸟的叫声对于这种体型小巧、遍布澳大利亚大部分地区的鸟来说,显得出奇地响亮。
Rufus whistler calls can feel surprisingly bold for such a small bird that lives across most of Australia.
如果你想了解更多,第39期节目专门介绍了澳大利亚的九种哨鸟。
If you wanna learn more, episode 39 is all about Australia's nine whistlers.
凯特说,鸟类在她与谢恩的关系中扮演了重要角色。
Kate says that birds have played an important role in her relationship with Shane.
他们有一个特别珍贵的回忆,是在他们第一次一起度假时看到并听到了一只绿猫鸟。
They have one particularly fond memory of seeing and hearing a green catbird during their first holiday together.
几年前,我们开着房车去了米勒湖,那里位于尼波拉迪拉,纽卡斯尔以北,我们在那儿待了几天。
A couple of years ago, we took the camper up to Mile Lakes, which is up Nipolladilla, north of Newcastle, and spent a few days up there.
那里的景色美极了。
It was just beautiful.
那是八月,既不是春天,也没什么特别的。
And it was in August, so not particularly spring or anything.
所以我们去那里并不是为了观鸟。
So we weren't really out there as a bird.
那不是一次观鸟假期。
It wasn't a bird watching holiday.
那只是一次远离一切的度假。
It was just a holiday away from everything.
我们刚安顿好,就走到湖边,听到树上传来一种声音,那是我这辈子听过最奇怪的声音。
And we had just set up and walked down to the lake and there was this sound coming from the tree and it was the weirdest thing I'd ever heard.
想到它我还是会笑出声。
Still giggle at the thought of it.
谢恩把他的望远镜给了我,我看了看这只小绿鸟,它看起来没什么特别的,但发出的声音却是我听过的最棒的。
Shane's So given me his binoculars and I've had a look at this little green bird that didn't look like anything special, but it was making the best noise ever.
我觉得这真是太棒了。
I just think that is fantastic.
帕特森缝线。
Paterson stitches.
每当我听到它们的叫声,即使是在跟别人讲述时,我也会忍不住笑出来。
Oh, I giggle every time I hear them, even when I'm telling people about it, and I hear that, and it just makes me giggle.
不幸的是,因为我们住在内陆,所以很少见到它们。
So unfortunately, we don't see them very often because we're a bit inland.
它们更多生活在沿海地区。
They're more coastal.
这种胖乎乎的翠绿色小鸟,有着深色的眼睛,比雌性缎蓝园丁鸟更翠绿一些,体型也更小,它总是愉快地站在树枝上,用尽全力歌唱,声音像猫一样。
So these little chunky emerald green bird with its dark eye, a little bit more was more emerald than a female satin bowerbird and a bit smaller and just quite happy to stand there on the branch and sing out that the top of its lungs sounding like a cat.
它直接打动了我。
It just spoke to me.
我太喜欢了。
Loved it.
就这样了。
That was it.
我当时就觉得,我立刻着迷了。
I was like, I was hooked instantly.
谢恩说他没有像凯特那样的‘点燃鸟’。
Shane says that he doesn't have a spark bird like Kate.
对于刚接触观鸟的人来说,‘点燃鸟’是指让你爱上观鸟的那只鸟。
And for those who are new to birdwatching, a spark bird is the bird that you attribute to getting hooked on birdwatching.
但谢恩说,确实有一些鸟对他意义重大。
But Shane says that he does have some birds that mean a lot to him.
2011年,我请了一年假,因为当时我实在太疲惫了。
In 2011, I took a year off from work because I was just getting burnt out.
那一年,我开着房车游遍了澳大利亚,真的没骗你。
For that year, I traveled Australia in a caravan and no word of a lie.
几乎每晚,无论我停在荒无人烟的地方,还是小镇边缘,我总能听到布布考的声音。
Almost every night wherever I stopped, be it in the middle of nowhere or on the edges of a town, I'd always hear a booboo cow.
我觉得自己像在跟着欧比旅行,这非常有趣,是我永远会记得的经历。
And I felt like I was watching Obi as I went around, which was really interesting, but it's something I'll always remember.
另一个让我难忘的时刻发生在父亲葬礼的悼词结尾。
And my other one would be at my dad's funeral at the very end of the eulogy.
就在那时,一群葵花凤头鹦鹉突然大声鸣叫,仿佛笑得前仰后合,让整个葬礼现场的人都忍不住笑了起来。
We just had this family of kooklurras just cry out and they were laughing their heads off and actually had everyone in the service laughing and smiling.
人们说,那是我父亲的灵魂在俯视着我们;现在无论我们去丛林徒步,只要在小路上看到葵花凤头鹦鹉,就会说:‘他来了。’
They talked about how that's my dad's spirit looking down upon us and everywhere we go now, be it bush walking, we see a cook flurry on the trail and go, there he is.
他在看着我们。
He's watching over us.
所以,这些鸟大概是我所有经历中最特别的两只。
So they're probably my two most special birds out of everything.
凯特说,鸟类在他们表达彼此的爱意中也扮演了重要角色。
Kate says that birds also played an important role in their expression of love for each other.
说到我们的婚礼,它们必须登场。
When it came to our wedding, they just had to feature.
我从救世军买了一件婚纱,真的很酷,大家都说,我真没想到你会喜欢这件婚纱。
I bought a wedding dress from a Salvation Army, which was really cool, and everybody said, I really did not think that you would be into that wedding dress.
但我把它交给了我妈妈,她是一位非常有才华的刺绣师,并请她在我婚纱上刺绣一些本土花卉和本土鸟类,因为她之前绣过极乐鸟和东部针尾鸟。
But what I did was promptly left it with my mum, who's a very talented embroiderer, and asked her to embroider native flowers and some native birds on it because she had done embroidery of superb fairy wrens, a couple of eastern spinebills.
于是她在婚纱背面绣上了这些鸟和一些花朵。
So she put those on the back of my dress with some flowers.
我在塔斯马尼亚的三崖步道,基拉尔角那里向凯特求婚,那里有美丽的本土花卉和鸟类。
I asked Kate to marry me while doing the three capes trek down in Tasmania on Cape Killar and just the beautiful flowers endemic and same with the bird life.
所以你妈妈也在婚纱上绣了这些图案。
So your mum embroidered all those through the dress as well.
上面还有一些塔斯马尼亚特有的深红色浆果和几朵小小的紫丁香。
It We was had some crimson berries that are endemic to Tassie and a couple of little lilacs
这些小鸟摆件和雕像我们有
Those little bird figurines and statues We've got
我们身后有几个。
a couple behind us.
事实上,小先生
In fact, Little Mr.
塔坎就在我们身后。
Toucan just behind us here.
他还被放在一些花丛中,旁边是笑翠鸟,代表谢恩的父亲坐在拱门顶端。
He was nestled in some flowers as well at Kookaburra to represent Shane's dad sitting on top of the arbour.
我们还准备了几只苍鹭。
And we had a couple of herons.
它们几乎和我们一样高。
They're almost as tall as us.
所有的花都是本地品种,还有很多蛋白石花,但主要是本地花。
All of the flowers were all native lots of proteas as well, but mainly natives.
我们实际上去野外采集了一些东西,从朋友的一块地里摘了一些非常特别的叶子。
And we actually foraged out in the bush and grabbed a few things from a friend's property that we can access and got some very special leaves.
但婚礼本身,我们用了彩绘玻璃、黑凤头鹦鹉的羽毛,各种不同的物种。
But the wedding itself, we had stained glass, black cockatoo feathers, all the different species.
所以它们到处悬挂着。
So they were hanging around everywhere.
我穿着苏格兰短裙,这件裙装上的每一个装饰——纽扣、腰带、剑鞘——都布满了凯尔特鸟类图案。
I was wearing a kilt and every recruitment on that kilt suit, Celtic birds all throughout it, the buttons, the belt, the cantal.
所以是的,我们婚礼上的几乎所有东西都和鸟类有关。
So yeah, almost everything in our wedding had something to do with birds.
有趣的是,我还把鸟类写进了我们的誓言里。
And funnily enough, I included in our vows.
我说凯特不只是个周末观鸟者,她是我一生的观鸟伴侣。
I said that Kate was not just a weekend birder, she was my lifer.
所以你实际上出现在了我们的婚礼上。
So you actually featured within our wedding.
那怎么样?
How's that?
这就像一个内部笑话。
It was like an inside joke.
很多人不知道我们在说什么,但我们后来解释了。
A lot of people didn't know what we're talking about, but we explained it afterwards.
现在我们有了听众在听你。
And now we've got people listening to you.
哦,是的,我的一些朋友非常感兴趣。
Oh yeah, a few of my friends are really into it.
我给他们发了播客和链接,让他们可以听,因为他们真的很喜欢。
I've sent them podcasts, links to it so that they can listen because they just love it.
是的。
Yes.
我们在这附近也通常被称为‘爱鸟夫妇’。
We're also generally known around the place as the lovebirds.
这有点可爱。
It is a bit cute.
哇。
Wow.
我想这可能是你的第一个周末,维尔达。
I think that might be your first weekend, Verda.
能融入凯特和肖恩的婚礼,我感到非常荣幸。
Very honored to be woven into Kate and Shane's ceremony.
听众们,我不知道你们怎么样,但我认为我会非常喜欢这场以鸟类和自然为主题的户外婚礼。
Listener, I don't know about you, but I reckon I would have loved that outdoor wedding with its bird and nature theme.
肖恩说,他和凯特决定在婚姻的第一年全力以赴,好好过一整年。
Shane says that him and Kate have decided to go all in and do a big year in their first year of marriage.
我不太清楚这到底是怎么发生的。
I don't know how it really came about.
你刚来
You just came
为什么不拿笔写下来,记录下我们在头十二个月里看到的所有鸟类物种呢?
up with Why don't we put pen to paper and note all the bird species we see in that first twelve months?
所以我们从婚礼那天起就开始这么做了。
So we've started doing that from our wedding day onwards.
我们并不是每天都刻意去寻找新的物种,而是无论去哪里,都会留意并记录下我们看到的每一种鸟。
And we're not going all out to go and search every day for a new species or anything else, but we're noticing and recording everything we see everywhere we go every day.
我们的蜜月是在卡皮蒂山谷度过的。
We had our honeymoon up in Capiti Valley.
我们带上了卡皮蒂山谷的观鸟路线指南,在那里待的十二天里,我们识别出了113种鸟类。
We took the Capiti Valley bird road trip guide with us, and we ended up in the twelve days we were up there, we identified 113 species.
我们看到了四十多种人生首次观测到的鸟类。
We saw 40 plus lifers.
真是太棒了。
Was just fantastic.
我们正享受着最美好的时光。
We're just having the best time.
我们现在进行到哪一天了?
What are we up to at the moment on what day?
总计来说,我们已经进行了63天,总共记录了178种鸟,其中44种是我们的首次观测记录。
Total count, we're at day 63 and total count so far is one hundred and seventy eight and forty four lifers between us.
显然,我记录的首次观测鸟种比谢恩多。
So obviously there's a more lifers for me than there is for Shane.
他从事这项活动的时间比我长得多。
He's been doing this a lot longer than I have.
和凯特一起的时候,每次她发现一种新鸟,都像个小女孩一样兴奋。
And the joy with Kate, every time she finds a new bird, she's just like a little girl again.
她是最热情的-
Has the most enthusiastic-
我会非常兴奋。
I get very excited.
你确实会,
You do,
看到这一点真是太棒了,这正是观鸟的乐趣所在——你就是单纯地热爱这些基本的体验,你知道的,这太棒了。
and it's great to see, and that's part of the joy of birding, think, that you just love the basics and, you know, it's fantastic.
其他人可能会说
Other people would say
这不过就是一只鸟,但你知道的,它可不是普通的鸟,而是一只新鸟。
it's just a bird, but, you know, it's not just a bird, it's a new one.
有一天,我们正带着狗在灌木丛里散步。
And we were just walking the dogs out in the bush one day.
我们靠近一条小溪。
We're close to a bit of a creek.
那里是我们观鸟的一个热点区域。
There is it's a bit of a bird hotspot for us.
我们在那里看到过很多鸟类,但那天它突然从我们面前快速飞过。
We see lots of things there, but it just flew across really quickly in front of us.
但那 unmistakably 是一只红尾伯劳。
But it was unmistakably a Rufus fantail.
谢恩只是看着我笑了。
Shane just looked at me and laughed.
这是我的兴奋之情。
It's my excitement.
我立刻停住脚步,说:‘哦,那是一只红尾鸲。’
I stopped it in my tracks and I went, Oh, that was a Rufus fantail.
我以前见过它们,但那天看到的,是我们这一年中的第一只。
I've seen them before, but just seeing it that day, it was the first one for us for our big year.
所以那真的很令人兴奋,因为我特别期待看到它们。
So that was it was just exciting because I was so excited to see them.
我迫不及待地希望它们再飞回来。
I couldn't wait for them to come back.
是的,我确实会非常兴奋。
And, yeah, I I do get quite excited.
哦,这真的很有趣。
Oh, it's good fun.
我热爱观鸟带来的喜悦与奇妙。
I love the joy and wonder that birdwatching provides.
这听起来像是一次很棒的蜜月,我完全能理解凯特提到的那种内心孩童般的喜悦。
That sounds like a great honeymoon, and I can totally relate to that delighted inner child that Kate spoke about.
向鸟类生活南新南威尔士团队致敬,他们在卡皮特谷做了非常重要的工作,该谷地距离悉尼约三小时车程,是世界第二大封闭式山谷。
And shout out to the crew at BirdLife Southern New South Wales who do really important work in the Capitee Valley, which is about three hours from Sydney and the second largest enclosed valley in the world.
这里是澳大利亚的观鸟热点之一。
It's one of Australia's birding hotspots.
如果你想了解更多,节目说明中提供了鸟道地图链接,以及九月份举行的卡皮特谷观鸟节链接。
If you wanna find out more, a link to the bird trail map is in the show notes as well as a link to the Capitee Valley Bird Festival, which is in September.
我们将在即将播出的《周末观鸟者》节目中深入探讨这个地区。
We'll do a proper deep dive into this area in an upcoming episode of Weekend Birder.
我很想知道谢恩和凯特是否有关于如何用观鸟来追求伴侣的建议。
I'm curious to know whether Shane and Kate have any advice for someone who would like to use bird watching to woo a mate.
做你自己就好,如果你们双方都对鸟类感兴趣,那你们已经处在同一个世界里了,这本身就是共同点。
Just be yourself, and you're obviously in the right world to start with if you both have an interest in birds, so you're doing something already in common.
是的,我也这么说。
Yes, I would say the same.
我同意。
I agree.
如果你去观鸟,你已经在给人留下好印象了。
If you're out birding, you're already impressing somebody.
做你自己,走出去,享受观鸟的乐趣。
Just be yourself and get out there and enjoy the birds.
但我想说的是,我给所有想吸引女性观鸟者的男性的建议是,我认识的所有女性观鸟者都是聪明且受过良好教育的,你别想蒙骗她们。
But I would say this, my advice to any men that are looking to impress any women birders is that all the women birders that I have met are quite intelligent women and well educated, so you're not gonna pull a wool over their eyes.
没错。
No.
完全不是。
Not at all.
太喜欢这个建议了。
Love that advice.
做你自己。
Just be yourself.
最后,凯特想分享她鼓励社区中的人们谈论鸟类的首要技巧。
To finish, Kate wanted to share her number one tactic for encouraging people in her community to talk about birds.
穿一件以鸟类为主题的服装。
Wear a bird themed outfit.
事实上,我很欣赏她在本次采访中佩戴的精美鸟形耳环。
In fact, I'm admiring her gorgeous bird earrings that she's wearing during this interview.
我是一名代表,工作遍及悉尼和新南威尔士州南部所有地区。
I'm a rep, and I work all over Sydney and all of South Of New South Wales.
我上班时会戴这些耳环,也穿这件印有鸟类图案的上衣。
And I wear these and I wear this top too with the birds on it to work.
有很多人会说:哦,我喜欢你的耳环。
The amount of people say, Oh, I like earrings.
我会问:你知道它们是什么吗?
I go, Do you know what they are?
他们说:可能是澳洲喜鹊。
And they say, Maybe a magpie.
我会说:其实它们是濒危物种,受到威胁的物种。
And I go, They're actually an endangered, a threatened species.
然后我就开始聊起受威胁的物种,这和我的工作无关,但我们也确实做些与受威胁物种相关的事情。
Then I start this conversation about threatened species, nothing to do with my work, but we do things with threatened species as well.
这能打开局面。
That opens doors.
确实如此,它能引发对话,让人们谈论这些话题。
It does, and it opens conversations and it gets people talking about things.
如果人们能意识到,他们之前可能根本不知道这些事。
If people are aware, thought they might not about things like that before.
这就提高了人们的意识。
And so it brings awareness.
而我特别喜欢谈论鸟类的一点是,你能看到所有的常见矿工鸟、喧闹矿工鸟、彩虹吸蜜鹦鹉和凤头鹦鹉。
And that's something I really love about being able to talk about birds is that, you see all of your common miners and noisy miners and rainbow lorikeets and cockatoos.
还有许多其他鸟类,也许它们需要我们的帮助,或者你从未听说过。
There are so many other birds out there that maybe need our help or maybe you've never heard of.
我谈过绿猫鸟,以及它那奇特的叫声。
And I've talked about the green catbird and what a funky call it is.
这简直让人忍俊不禁。
It And just makes people laugh.
你不需要是学者。
You don't need an academic.
没错。
No.
这是来自各行各业每个人的事。
It's everyone in all walks of life.
不管你从事什么工作,或者其他任何事,都不重要。
It doesn't matter what you do for work or whatever else.
我们是本地的鸟类生活南高地组织,那里每个人都有不同的背景,但我们聚在一起,互相学习。
We're in the local Birdlife Southern Highlands and everyone there has a different background, but we all come together and we all learn from each other.
你懂多少并不重要。
It doesn't matter how much you know.
它能打破隔阂。
It breaks down barriers.
太棒了。
It's fantastic.
我非常喜欢。
I love it.
是啊,真的很美好。
Yeah, it is lovely.
我们总会有新人加入观鸟活动,而我几个月前也是个新人。
And we get new people coming to walks and that was me only months ago.
我当时是个新手,什么都不知道。
I was the new person and I didn't know anything.
我正在学习,而且还有很多要学的,但我们所有人都如此。
I'm learning and I've still got so much to learn, but we all do.
但上次我们散步时,来了几位新的观鸟者,我退到一旁,看到一只可能是槲寄生鸟的鸟,这在本地很罕见,我一眼就认出来了。
But the last walk we did, there was a couple of new birders and it was exciting for me to stand back and I spotted was it a mistletoe bird we saw, which was unusual for the area, I could see it.
于是我帮那位女士调整好望远镜,让她能看见,她当时问:‘你想看看吗?’
So I lined this lady up with her binos so that she could see it because then she's like, Did you want see it?
我回答:‘不用,不用,不用。’
I'm like, No, no, no.
没关系。
It's okay.
我以前见过。
I've seen them before.
你去仔细看看吧。
You go and have a look.
你去享受吧。
You enjoy it.
看到他们脸上兴奋的表情,也很棒。
Seeing the excitement in their faces is good too.
这太棒了。
It's so wonderful.
能够为别人做这样的事真是太好了,因为别人也曾为我这样做过。
It's such a wonderful thing to be able to do for someone and because other people have done it for me.
我们没什么特别的,但我们热爱鸟类,并希望向游客传递这个信息。
We're no one special, but we love our birds and tourists trying to get the message out there.
这打开了许多故事。
Just open up so many stories.
每个人都有自己的故事。
Everyone's got a story.
是的。
Yeah.
我们正尽自己所能,通过尽可能多的对话来推广,增加鸟类数量,或让您的花园成为栖息地,而不是草坪。
And we're doing what we can to promote as much as we can with as many conversations as we can, increasing the bird life or increasing your garden, like making your garden a habitat rather than lawn.
还有您使用杀虫剂和其他方式的方式。
And how you do it with your pesticides and with everything else.
每一件事都有贡献。
Everything contributes.
非常感谢凯特和肖恩做客本节目。
Many thanks to Kate and Shane for coming on the show.
希望你们喜欢听他们分享对鸟类的热爱以及彼此之间的爱。
I hope that you've enjoyed hearing them share their love of birds and their love of each other.
你可以通过在Instagram或Facebook上搜索“lone dingoes”来关注他们的冒险经历。
You can follow along on their adventures by searching for lone dingoes on Instagram or Facebook.
如果你想加入当地的观鸟团体,weekendbirder.com 列出了我在澳大利亚知道的所有团体。
If you would like to join a local bird watching group, weekendbirder.com lists all the groups that I know of in Australia.
该网站刚刚进行了全面升级,现在更容易找到这些团体,以及播客节目笔记、观鸟建议、鸟类识别指南和周末观鸟T恤。
The website has just had a glow up, and it's now even easier to find these groups along with podcast show notes, bird watching advice, bird ID guides, and weekend better T shirts.
在下一期节目中,我期待向你们介绍另一位热衷观鸟的人,他将自己的爱好开发成了一款应用。
In the next episode, I'm looking forward to introducing you to another keen bird watcher who has turned his hobby into an app.
很快再和你们聊。
Speak to you again soon.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。