本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
习惯是我们应对环境中反复出现的问题的解决方案。
Habits are solutions to the recurring problems in our environment.
假设你结束了一天漫长的工作,回到家时已经精疲力尽。
Let's say you get done with a long day of work and you come back, you're kind of exhausted.
这种情况经常发生。
That happens frequently.
这是你经常面对的一个反复出现的问题。
It's a recurring problem that you face.
你如何解决这个问题?
How do you solve that problem?
有人可能会通过跑步三十分钟来解决这个问题。
One person might solve it by going for a run for thirty minutes.
另一个人可能会通过玩三十分钟电子游戏来解决这个问题。
Another person might solve it by playing video games for thirty minutes.
还有人可能会通过抽一支香烟来解决这个问题。
Another person might solve it by smoking a cigarette.
他们都在试图解决同一个核心问题。
They all are trying to solve that same core problem.
你会发现,当你到了20岁、25岁或28岁的时候。
What you find is that, you you get to be 20 or 25 or 28.
你应对这些反复出现的问题的许多方法,都是你从父母、朋友那里继承来的,或者是在你短暂的人生中所接触到的其他事物中学到的。
And a lot of the solutions that you have to these recurring problems that you face are solutions that you inherited or that you saw modeled by your parents or your friends, or just, you know, whatever you have interfaced with throughout your short life so far.
一旦你意识到自己的方法未必是最好的,你就负有责任去寻找另一种更好的方式。
As soon as you realize that your solutions may not be the best solution, it's now your responsibility to try to figure out a different way to do it.
欢迎来到休伯曼实验室播客,我们讨论科学及基于科学的日常实用工具。
Welcome to the Huberman Lab Podcast, where we discuss science and science based tools for everyday life.
我是安德鲁·休伯曼,斯坦福大学医学院神经生物学和眼科学教授。
I'm Andrew Huberman, and I'm a professor of neurobiology and ophthalmology at Stanford School of Medicine.
今天我的嘉宾是詹姆斯·克利尔。
My guest today is James Clear.
詹姆斯·克利尔是《原子习惯》的作者,也是全球最顶尖的专家之一,专长在于如何建立稳固的习惯,以改善你的身心健康、工作和人际关系。
James Clear is the author of Atomic Habits and one of the world's foremost experts on how to build rock solid habits that better your physical and mental health, work and relationships.
今天,我们将讨论如何建立习惯,以及如何尽可能快速且持久地改掉坏习惯。
Today, discuss how to build a habit and how to break bad habits as fast and durably as possible.
你会注意到,今天的对话非常真实,几乎完全没有使用诸如‘具体、可衡量、可实现、相关、有时间限制’这类陈词滥调的缩写。
You'll notice that today's conversation is a very realistic one and it's largely devoid of cliche acronyms such as make it specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time bound.
虽然我们也会涉及一些这类讨论,而且缩写确实有用,但正如你今天从詹姆斯那里学到的,真正让你铭记并能实际应用的,是关于如何形成和打破习惯的真实案例。
There is some of that discussion and acronyms are useful, but as you'll learn today from James, the real world examples of how to make and break habits are what really stick with you and that you can apply.
没有人比詹姆斯·克莱尔花更多时间研究与习惯形成和坏习惯打破相关的数据。
No one has spent more time on the data related to habit formation and bad habit breaking than James Clear.
今天,你还将了解詹姆斯本人,以及他是如何如此有效地实践自己所学的。
Today, you also get to know him as a person and how he implemented what he has learned so effectively.
即使他的生活背景发生了变化,工作和家庭责任非但没有减少,反而增加了。
Even as the backdrop of his life has shifted to include more, not fewer work and family responsibilities.
我们每个人都知道,有些事情我们本可以、也应该多做,有些事情则应该少做。
And we all have things that we know we can and should do more of and things that we should do less of.
我们都明白,行为改变始于改变的意愿。
And we all know that behavioral change starts with a desire to change.
但正如詹姆斯·克利尔所解释的,这需要一套适合你、由你设计的系统,才能真正持久。
But as James Clear explains, it requires a system, one that works for you and that you design in order for it to really stick.
感谢詹姆斯渊博的知识、慷慨的分享和清晰的表达。
Thanks to James's incredible depth of knowledge, generosity, and clarity of communication.
今天关于习惯养成的对话充满了实用的工具,你可以用它们来改善生活。
Today's conversation about habit formation is filled with useful tools that you can apply to improve your life.
所以,无论你希望养成一个或多个习惯,还是想摆脱坏习惯——不仅为了新年,而是在任何时候——今天的对话都绝对适合你。
So if you have a habit or perhaps many habits that you're hoping to form, or if you have bad habits that you want to break, not just for the new year, but at any point, today's conversation is absolutely for you.
在开始之前,我想强调,这个播客与我在斯坦福大学的教学和研究工作无关。
Before we begin, I'd like to emphasize that this podcast is separate from my teaching and research roles at Stanford.
但它确实是我致力于向公众免费提供科学及科学相关工具信息的一部分努力。
It is however, part of my desire and effort to bring zero cost to consumer information about science and science related tools to the general public.
秉承这一宗旨,今天的节目包含了一些赞助商内容。
In keeping with that theme, today's episode does include sponsors.
现在,让我们开始与詹姆斯·克利尔的对话。
And now for my discussion with James Clear.
詹姆斯·克利尔,欢迎你。
James Clear, welcome.
嘿,非常感谢你邀请我。
Hey, thank you so much for having me.
你的书无处不在,现在我终于有机会见到书后的这个人了。
Your book is everywhere and now I get to actually meet the person behind it.
所以我很想知道,当人们来找你,或者读你的书,想要找到培养习惯的方法,或者 presumably 也想改掉坏习惯时,有没有什么共同的主题?
So I'm curious, when people come to you or when they read your book looking for ways to develop habits or presumably also to end bad habits, is there a common theme?
例如,大多数人是否在戒除坏习惯或建立新习惯方面有困难?
For instance, do most people have difficulty dropping bad habits, building new habits?
有没有特定类型的习惯是人们想要培养的?
Are there specific types of habits that people want to build?
我的意思是,当你从你所听到和读到的关于你这本书的一切,以及与你的受众互动中抽身出来,整体看看时。
I mean, when you just sort of step back from everything you've heard and read about your book and in interactions with your audience.
当然。
Sure.
是的。
Yeah.
我觉得有一些共同的主题。
I think there are some themes.
比如,确实有一些非常普遍且广泛的习惯,似乎每个人都会涉及。
Like there are definitely habits that are very common and broad that, you know, range across seems like everybody.
例如,最常见的新年决心就是进行某种形式的锻炼。
The most common New Year's resolution, for example, is to do some form of exercise.
因此,显然健康和健身习惯是一个巨大的类别,大多数人或许多人都非常感兴趣。
So there's obviously a huge bucket of health and fitness habits that most people or many people are very interested in.
还有很多类似工作中的效率习惯,或者创意习惯,比如写作、音乐、绘画等等。
Lots of things like productivity habits at work or creativity habits, writing, you know, music, painting, whatever, things like that.
所以这些是大的类别。
So there there are these big categories.
但我认为更有趣的是,去观察哪些主题能让习惯坚持下去,哪些会导致习惯失败。
I think what's more interesting though, is to look at what are the themes that help habits stick and help habits fail or cause habits to fail.
而且,那里确实有一些有趣的模式。
And, there are definitely some patterns there which are interesting.
例如,前几天我锻炼时和我的教练聊天,他说:‘今天早上有个课,有八个人报名了,但那天天气特别差。’
For example, I was working out the other day and I was talking to my trainer and he said, yeah, have this class this morning and there were eight people signed up, but it was a pretty gross day.
又湿又下雨。
It was like wet and rainy.
灰蒙蒙的。
It's gray.
就是又冷又不舒服。
It was just kinda like cold and gross.
结果只有两个人来了。
And only two people came.
对我来说,有趣的是,你只需要一点点优势就能占得上风。
And the interesting thing about that to me is how little of an edge you need to like gain an advantage.
你知道,我们这里说的其实就是,你是否能忍受在准备出门、开车、下雨、天气糟糕的这五到十分钟里感到不舒服或不便。
You know, like really all we're talking about there is are you cool with being uncomfortable or inconvenienced for like five to ten minutes while you're getting ready and getting in your car and it's raining and it's kind of gross.
一旦你到了健身房,锻炼的内容和往常一样。
Once you get to the gym, the workout's the same as it's always been.
就像夏天中间一样。
It's like the same as it is in the middle of the summer.
所以,关键就在于开头那一点阻力。
And so it's really about that little point of friction at the beginning.
我认为,如果从所有读者那里总结出一个最重要的教训,那就是开始的魔力和重要性。
And that I think if I could pick a single biggest lesson that has come out from all the readers, it is the magic and the importance of starting.
掌握那五分钟的窗口期,有时甚至是那三十秒的选择开始并让开始变得容易的时刻。
Mastering that five minute window or sometimes even like that thirty second window of choosing to start and making it easy to start.
我认为这是习惯中最核心的主题。
That I would say is the single biggest theme of habits.
事实上,很多时候,习惯面临的所有问题都可以归结为两类。
And in fact, a lot of the time you can boil almost all problems that habits face into two categories.
要么是让开始变得更容易。
It's either making it easier to get started.
所以,克服拖延或坚持下去。
So overcoming procrastination or it's sticking with it.
我并不是,我只做过一两次,但我不够持续。
I'm not, I did it once or twice, but I'm not consistent.
但什么是坚持做一件事呢?
But what does it mean to stick with something?
它几乎总是意味着,每次你打算做这件事时,你都能开始。
It almost always just means that you get started each time you try to do it.
因此,归根结底,这一切都可以归结为掌握开始的艺术。
And so you could ultimately revert it all back to mastering the art of getting started.
你越能让开始变得容易,无论你是把习惯简化、优化环境、制定更好的策略,还是拉别人参与,都有很多方法可以做到。
And the easier that you can make it to get started, whether it's scaling a habit down, optimizing the environment, coming up with a better strategy, looping other people in, there's all kinds of things you can do.
你做得越多,成功的机会就越大。
The more that you can do that, the more likely you are to succeed.
回过头来看,你知道,《原子习惯》现在已经卖出了两千五百万册。
Looking back on, you know, now Atomic Habits sold 25,000,000 copies.
我认为这是我学到的最重要的教训:那些让开始变得容易、掌握了开始艺术的人,更容易坚持下去并取得成功。
I'd say that's maybe the biggest lesson that I have is that the people who make it easy to get started and who master the art of getting started tend to stick with it and succeed.
而那些让开始变得困难、在脑海中构想宏大雄心计划、试图一次性做太多事的人,实际上是在为自己设置失败的陷阱。
And the people who make it hard to get started, dream up a big ambitious plan in their head, you know, try to do too much at once, they set themselves up to fail.
所以关于如何开始,我想像是在打造一个非常薄的楔子边缘。
So in terms of getting started, I imagine trying to create, you know, a very thin edge of the wedge, so to speak.
嗯。
Mhmm.
也就是说,让进入某件事的门槛变得非常非常低。
You know, so that the on ramping to something is very, very easy.
当然。
Sure.
我想这可以通过多种不同的方法来实现。
And I suppose that could be done by a number of different approaches.
你可以将你想要养成的习惯或要完成的任务进行细分。
You can, segment out whatever it is, the habit or task that you want to do.
比如,你打算写一个词、一句话或一封信,就是这种做法。
Like you're going to write one word or one sentence or one letter, there's that approach.
还有一种方法是寻找一天中或特定环境中,让这个突破口自然出现,而不是需要迈出一大步。
There's also the approach of trying to find the times of day or the environments where the wedge becomes present as opposed to being a big step.
对吧?
Right?
我想没有一种方法适合所有人,但有哪些方法可以帮助你开始呢?
I suppose there's no one size fits all, but what are some of the ways to get started?
因为我觉得人类大脑有一种既惊人又有点令人沮丧的特性:我们明明知道某件事,甚至非常清楚,却只是反复思考、反复循环,眼睁睁看着自己无法完成想做的事。
Because I think there's something incredible and somewhat depressing about the human brain where we can know something, we can know it so well that we can just think about it and loop on it and loop on it and watch ourselves fail to do the thing that we're trying to do.
这可以说是人类本性的一种奇妙缺陷。
It's kind of an incredible flaw of human nature.
是的。
Yeah.
而你所教授的,基本上就是如何克服这种缺陷。
And basically what you teach is how to overcome that flaw.
所以,一个简单的问题:有哪些容易开始的方法?
So simple question, what are easy ways to get started?
从某种意义上说,《原子习惯》这本书就是对这个问题的回答。
In a way, all of atomic habits is an answer to that question.
所以,也许接下来的两个小时,我们会详细拆解这个话题。
So like we could, maybe this will be the next two hours is us kind of unpacking this in greater detail.
但从一个高度概括的角度来看,如果你想让一个习惯坚持下来,有四件事是你需要做的。
But from a real high level, there are kind of four things that you want to do if you want to get a habit to stick.
我称之为行为改变的四大法则,但你首先需要让你的习惯显而易见。
So I call it the four laws of behavior change, but you want to make your habit obvious.
这指的是让习惯变得可视化或容易被看到、容易被注意到。
So this is about making it visual or easy to see, easy to notice.
它不一定要依赖视觉,但视觉通常是你们最常使用的感知方式。
It doesn't have to be vision, but that's often the sensory perception that you use the most.
让习惯显而易见。
Make it obvious.
第二点是让习惯具有吸引力。
The second is to make it attractive.
一个习惯越有趣、越有吸引力,你就越有可能去执行它。
So the more fun or attractive or appealing a habit is the more likely you are to perform it.
第三点是让你的习惯变得简单。
The third thing is you want to make it easy.
越简单、越方便、越无阻力越好,这可以涉及将你的习惯规模缩小、简化,减少步骤数量。
So the easier, more convenient, frictionless, this can be about scaling your habits down and simplifying, reducing the number of steps.
第四点是让你的习惯令人满意,越令人满意或愉快的习惯,你越能感受到愉悦、奖励或积极情绪。
And then the fourth thing is you want to make it satisfying, more satisfying or enjoyable habit is the more you have this like feeling of pleasure, reward, or positive emotion associated with it.
你未来就越想重复它。
The more you're going to want to repeat it in the future.
这就是四个步骤。
So those are the four steps.
让习惯显而易见,让习惯具有吸引力,让习惯简单易行,让习惯令人满意。
Make it obvious, make it attractive, make it easy, make it satisfying.
实现这些目标有很多方法。
There are many ways to do each of those things.
我的方法不是规定怎么做,而是赋予你能力,你知道,我不觉得只有一种方式可以养成更好的习惯。
And my approach is not to prescribe, but to empower, you know, like I don't really feel like there is one way to build better habits.
有多种方法,我的工作就是把所有工具摆在桌上,说:看,这是一个完整的工具箱。
There are many ways and my job is to lay all the tools out on the table and say, here, here's a full toolkit.
然后你可以决定:我是用螺丝刀,还是用扳手,或者用锤子?
And then you can decide, do I use the screwdriver or do I use the wrench or do I use the hammer?
哪种方法最适合这种情况?
Like what's best for this situation?
为了进一步说明其中一个要点,比如‘让习惯显而易见’。
So to just to build on one of those, for example, let's take, make it obvious.
这很大程度上是关于优化你的环境,让行动更轻松。
A lot of that's about priming your environment to make the action easy.
我认为你可以做一件有趣的事:走进你每天待的大多数空间——你的办公室、客厅、厨房,环顾四周,问问自己:在这里,哪些行为是显而易见的?
I think one interesting thing you can do, walk into most of the spaces where you spend your time each day, your office, your living room, your kitchen, and look around and ask yourself what behaviors are obvious here?
这里哪些行为是容易的?
What behaviors are easy here?
这个空间的设计是为了鼓励什么行为?
What is this space designed to encourage?
你经常会发现,它实际上在鼓励你可能不希望做的行为,或者至少没有鼓励你声称是优先事项的好习惯。
And you'll often find that it's encouraging the thing that maybe you don't want to do, or it's at least not encouraging the good habit that you say is a priority.
因此,你可以采取各种措施。
And so there are all sorts of steps you can take.
你知道,如果你想
You know, if you want to
让去跑步变得更简单
make it easier to go for a
就把跑鞋和跑衣前一天晚上就摆出来。
run, set your running shoes and your running clothes out the night before.
我有几个读者甚至睡觉时都穿着跑衣,早上起来直接穿上鞋子就出门,对吧?
I have a couple of readers who actually sleep in their running clothes and then just get up, put their shoes on and get out the door, right?
他们试图让这件事尽可能明显且毫无障碍。
They're trying to make it as obvious and as frictionless as possible.
如果你想吃健康的食物,比如把坚果放在台面上,而不是放薯片之类的,对吧?
If you want to eat the good food or the healthy food, you know, place the nuts on the counter rather than the chips or something like that, right?
关键是,眼前最明显的是什么?
It's just like, what is the obvious thing that's present?
我认识一个人,他每周都会去上音乐课,和老师一起练习吉他。
I had one guy who, he would go to his music lesson and practice with guitar with his instructor each week.
然后他会拿到一堆作业,练习和弦、音阶之类的。
And then he would get a bunch of homework to do these chords and scales and things to practice.
但他回家后就把吉他放回琴盒,塞进壁橱里。
And then he would come home and put his guitar in the guitar case and stuck in, stick in the closet.
然后他下周回去上课时,老师就会说:你根本没练这些内容。
And then he'd go back to practice the next week and they'd be like, you aren't doing any of this.
于是他买了一个小支架,把吉他放在客厅正中央的支架上。
And so he bought a little stand and put it on the guitar on the stand in the middle of the living room.
现在他每天会碰它三十次。
And now he passes it 30 times a day.
因此,他更有可能拿起来弹上五分钟。
And so he's much more likely to pick it up and play it for five minutes.
所以,这正是你如何让你生活中想要更多的一切变得更显而易见的渐进过程。
And so it's just like this gradual progression of how can you make the things in your life that you want more of, more obvious to you.
而这只是让开始变得更容易的众多方法之一。
And that is just one of many ways to make starting easier.
葡萄糖是我们身体运作的关键因素,不仅在长期如此,在我们生命的每一刻都是如此。
Glucose is a key player in how our body functions, not just in the long term, but in every moment of our lives.
这是因为它是细胞的主要能量来源,尤其是脑细胞。
That's because it is the major fuel for our cells, especially our brain cells.
葡萄糖直接影响我们的大脑功能、情绪和能量水平,甚至可能影响我们的毅力和意志力。
Glucose directly impacts our brain function, mood, and energy levels, and it may even affect our levels of tenacity and willpower.
这就是我使用Lingo的连续血糖监测仪的原因。
This is why I use the continuous glucose monitor from Lingo.
我非常喜欢它,也很高兴能有他们作为播客的赞助商。
I absolutely love it, and I'm thrilled to have them as a sponsor of the podcast.
Lingo 帮助我实时追踪血糖水平,了解我所吃的食物和采取的行动如何影响我的血糖。
Lingo helps me track my glucose in real time to see how the foods I eat and the actions I take impact my glucose.
当体内的血糖升高或骤降时,你的认知和身体表现也会随之波动。
When glucose in your body spikes or crashes, your cognitive and physical performance do too.
事实上,血糖的大幅峰值和低谷会导致脑雾、疲劳、易怒和饥饿。
In fact, large glucose peaks and valleys lead to brain fog, fatigue, irritability, and hunger.
当然,你吃的食物对血糖有着重大影响。
What you eat of course plays a major role in your glucose.
有些食物会引起剧烈的血糖飙升和骤降,而另一些则不会,但每个人对特定食物的反应并不相同。
Some foods cause sharp spikes and big crashes and others do not, but not everyone is the same in terms of how they respond to particular foods.
实时观察血糖水平有助于你养成支持代谢健康、思维清晰和持久能量的饮食及其他习惯。
Seeing your glucose in real time helps you build eating and other habits that support metabolic health, mental clarity, and sustained energy.
Lingo 帮助我更好地理解该吃什么食物、何时进食,以及像餐后短暂散步这样的行为如何帮助稳定血糖等等。
Lingo has helped me to better understand what foods to eat, when to eat, and how things like a brief walk after a meal can help keep my glucose stable and much more.
如果您想试用 Lingo,Lingo 正为美国的 Huberman 播客听众提供为期四周的 LINGO 计划九折优惠。
If you'd like to try Lingo, Lingo is offering Huberman podcast listeners in The US 10% off a four week LINGO plan.
条款和条件适用。
Terms and conditions apply.
如需了解更多信息,请访问 hellolingo.com/huberman。
Visit hellolingo.com/huberman for more information.
LINGO 葡萄糖系统适用于 18 岁及以上且未使用胰岛素的用户。
The LINGO glucose system is for users 18 and older, not on insulin.
本产品不用于诊断疾病,包括糖尿病。
It is not intended for the diagnosis of diseases, including diabetes.
个体反应可能有所不同。
Individual responses may vary.
本期节目还由 Wealthfront 赞助。
Today's episode is also brought to us by Wealthfront.
面对不断变化的市场和混乱的新闻,您很容易对资金存放地点感到不确定。
With constant market shifts and chaotic news, it's easy to feel uncertain about where to keep your money.
然而,储蓄和投资并不需要那么复杂。
However, saving and investing does not have to be complicated.
有一种解决方案可以帮助你在控制风险的同时掌握自己的财务,那就是Wealthfront。
There's a solution that can help you take control of your finances while still managing risk, and that's Wealthfront.
我几乎十年来一直把我的财务交给Wealthfront打理。
I've trusted Wealthfront with my finances for nearly a decade.
通过Wealthfront现金账户,我可以在程序银行中获得3.25%的年化收益率(APY)。
With the Wealthfront cash account, I can earn 3.25% annual percentage yield or APY on my cash from program banks.
我知道我的钱在我不打算花或投资之前一直在增值。
And I know that my money is growing until I'm ready to spend it or invest it.
我非常喜欢Wealthfront的一个功能是,我可以随时免费提取资金到符合条件的账户,24/7全天候可用。
One of the features I love about Wealthfront is that I have access to instant no fee withdrawals to eligible accounts 20 fourseven.
这意味着我可以随时将资金转移到需要的地方,而无需等待。
That means I can move my money where I need it without waiting.
当我准备从储蓄转向投资时,Wealthfront让我可以无缝地将资金转入他们专家打造的投资组合中。
And when I'm ready to transition from saving to investing, Wealthfront lets me seamlessly transfer my funds into one of their expert built portfolios.
限时优惠,Wealthfront 为新客户在前三个月提供额外 0.65% 的利率加成。
For a limited time, Wealthfront is offering new clients an additional 0.65% boost over the base rate for three months.
这意味着您在最高 15 万美元的存款上可获得 3.9% 的浮动年化收益率。
Meaning you can get 3.9% variable APY on up to $150,000 in deposits.
已有超过一百万人信赖 Wealthfront,安心储蓄、增加收益并构建长期财富。
More than 1,000,000 people already trust Wealthfront to save more, earn more, and build long term wealth with confidence.
如果您想尝试 Wealthfront,请访问 wealthfront.com/huberman,获取利率加成优惠,立即开始享受 3.9% 的浮动年化收益率。
If you'd like to try Wealthfront, go to wealthfront.com/huberman to receive the boosted APY offer and start earning 3.9% variable APY today.
即刻访问 wealthfront.com/huberman 开始使用。
That's wealthfront.com/huberman to get started.
这是 Wealthfront 的付费用户证言。
This is a paid testimonial of Wealthfront.
客户体验因人而异。
Client experiences will vary.
Wealthfront 证券经纪业务并非银行。
Wealthfront brokerage is not a bank.
基础年化收益率截至2025年12月19日,可能会有所变动。
The base APY is as of 12/19/2025, and is subject to change.
如需更多信息,请参见本集描述。
For more information, please see the episode description.
对我来说,环境至关重要,但却被严重忽视了。
Yeah, environment to me is so critical and so overlooked.
我曾经在网上听到一位伟大的作家说过,拥有一把非常舒适的椅子对写作至关重要,因为长时间写作对身体负担很大,诸如此类的事情。
I heard it online at one point from a great writer, won't mention who they are that it's really important to have a very comfortable chair to write in because writing for long hours is hard on your body and this kind of thing.
《艺术之战》的作者史蒂文·普雷斯菲尔德,就坐在你现在坐的这把椅子上。
And then Steven Pressfield, author of The War of Art sat in the exact chair you're sitting in right now.
但他却说:不,你需要的是那种不太舒服的椅子。
And he said, Oh no, you want kind of an uncomfortable chair.
所以那种感觉有点痛苦。
So it was like kind of painful.
毕竟,他是一名前海军陆战队员,写过一本叫《艺术之战》的书。
Now he's a former Marine and wrote a book called The War of Art after all.
但我更倾向于史蒂文的做法。
But I sort of veer towards Steven's approach.
如果一个房间太舒适,沙发太舒服,就会让人只想瘫着,想一些或许有趣但并不能真正完成工作的事情。
Like if a room is too comfortable, the couch is too comfortable, it favors lounging and it favors thinking about things that maybe are fun to think about or but not really getting the work done.
你不需要坐在石头上之类的地方,但我的一些最佳写作和工作都是在飞机上完成的,当时我被困在中间座位,还为此很生气。
Not that you need to sit on a rock or something like that, but some of my best writing and work was done on planes where I got stuck in the middle seat and and was kind of pissed off about it.
我可以利用这种生气的情绪。
And I could use that energy of being kind of pissed off.
我心想,好吧,我一定要把这件事做完。
Shaddle it in I'm like, the I'm going get this done.
我不能因为没完成工作而失败。
I'm not going lose lose by not getting work done.
而如果我当时坐在头等舱,舒舒服服地伸展着,一切都很完美,那么这种完美往往会让人沉溺于那些舒适的享受中。
Whereas I think it had I been in first class and like stretched out and everything perfect, then sometimes that perfection lends itself to just kind of leaning into the creature comforts of that.
首先,你这种心态的转变很好,对吧?
Well, first of all, it's a good mental shift by you, right?
比如,利用一个不理想的情况。
Like take a suboptimal situation.
我该如何将这种状况转化为可利用的东西?
How do I channel this into something I can use?
这是一种非常棒的生活技能。
That's a great skill for life.
很多人经常问我类似的问题。
People ask me something like this a lot.
你的写作习惯是什么?
You know, what is your writing routine?
你的写作习惯是怎样的?
What are your writing habits?
它是什么样的?
What does it look like?
说实话,我确实有过很多种不同的写作习惯。
And, the truth of I'm being honest about it is I've had tons of different writing routines.
我在拜访他们过节时,坐在沙发上写了《原子习惯》的部分内容。
I wrote parts of Atomic Habits on my couch when I was visiting them for the holidays.
我们在公路旅行时,我坐在汽车副驾驶座上写了其中一部分。
I wrote parts of it in the passenger seat of a car while we were on a road trip.
我很多地方都在书桌前写,但并没有一个固定的地方完成它。
I wrote a lot of it at my desk, you know, but there's no one place where it happened.
我认为,这也揭示了关于习惯的一个重要真相:我们虽然没有明说,但很多人在思考‘如何才能成功养成这个习惯’时,都潜意识地假设着这一点。
And, I think that it also reveals an important truth about habits, which is that there's this kind of implicit assumption that we don't really say, but a lot of people think when they think what would it look like to be successful with this habit?
他们认为,我会一辈子都坚持做下去,这基本上就是他们的默认想法。
They think, well, I would just do it for the rest of my life is basically what they kind of assume.
如果习惯改变了,或者他们停止了,就会觉得某种程度上这是一种失败。
And if it changes or they stop doing it, then they kind of feel like that's a failure in some way.
但我完全不这么认为。
I don't think it's like that at all.
习惯可以有它的季节,你的人生中也会有不同的阶段。
Habits can have a season, you know, and you're, you have different seasons in your life.
我认为一个非常有趣的问题是:我目前正处于人生的哪个阶段?
And I think one really interesting question to ask is what season am I in right now?
你会发现,随着人生阶段的改变,你的习惯通常也需要随之调整。
And you will find that as your seasons change, your habits often need to change as well.
例如,在我写作的头三年里,我一直在维护jamesclear.com网站,每周一和周四都会发布一篇新文章。
So for example, for the first three years that I wrote, I wrote jamesclear.com and I published a new article every Monday and Thursday.
每篇文章大约2000字,平均需要花费我二十个小时左右。
And they were like 2,000 word pieces, took me like about twenty hours each on average.
也就是说,这相当于每周工作四十小时。
So that, you know, that's forty hour work week.
我连续三年,每周坚持发布两篇文章。
I'm putting in two pieces a week for three years.
正是这种方式,我建立了自己的受众群体,并最终获得了促成《原子习惯》出版的图书合约。
And that was how I built my audience and got the book deal that eventually became Atomic Habits.
然后,我签下了这本书的合约。
Then I signed the book deal.
现在我没有精力写那些文章了。
Well, I don't have capacity now to write those articles.
所以我不得不改变我的策略。
So I had to change my strategy.
我大部分的写作都投入到写书上了。
Most of my writing was going into writing the book.
我这样做了大约三年。
I did that for like three years.
书出版后,过去五年里,我每周写一封通讯,只需大约两个小时,而不是二十小时。
The book came out and then now the last five years, I've been writing a newsletter once a week that takes me about two hours instead of twenty.
所以形式完全不同了,但你知道,每周有三百万人阅读这封通讯。
So it's a much different form, but you know, 3,000,000 people read that newsletter every week.
他们从中获得了很大的价值。
They get a lot of value out of it.
我想说的是,如果你看看我的写作习惯,说:你过去三年每周写两篇文章,那第四年发生了什么?
And I guess my point is if you look at my writing habit and you say, well, you wrote two articles a week for three years, what happened in the fourth year?
如果我当时觉得,哦,我不再做那个了。
If I would have felt like, oh, well, I don't do that anymore.
那就意味着失败。
So it's a failure.
我觉得这种想法有点傻。
That seems kind of silly to me.
你知道,我一直都在写作,只是根据我所处的阶段改变了形式。
You know, like I've been writing, it's just been changing shape based on the season that I've been in.
我发现其他很多习惯也是如此,比如过去二十年里,我的健身习惯也发生了很大变化。
And I found that with lots of other habits too, you know, from my fitness habits have changed a lot over the last twenty years.
我曾经有一段时间大力训练,比如力量举或奥林匹克举重,每周训练四到五天。
I had periods where I was going heavy, like power lifting or Olympic lifting style, and I would train four or five days a week.
我也经历过只每周举重两次的时期。
I had periods and pockets where I was only lifting twice a week.
现在是每周四天。
Now it's four days.
它只是会根据你所处的季节而变化。
It just, you know, it shifts depending on the season that you're in.
所以我认为人们应该允许自己的习惯进行调整,而不是觉得:如果我不坚持这个,那就是没有坚持我的习惯。
And so I think people need to give themselves more permission for their habits to adjust rather than to feel like, well, if I don't stick to this, then I'm not sticking to my habit.
我觉得这种灵活性是长期成功的重要组成部分。
I feel like that flexibility is a big component in long term success.
有一种说法认为,心理韧性就是无论环境如何,我都要坚持到底。
There's this story that mental toughness is something that's like, I'm gonna make it happen no matter what the circumstances.
对吧?
Right?
就是我要拼命努力,确保做到,我要坚持下去。
Like I'm gonna grind and make sure that this is, know, I'm gonna persevere.
这种思维方式确实有它的作用。
And there's a place for that type of thinking.
但我认为,大多数时候,心理韧性更像是一种适应能力。
But I think really most of the time mental toughness looks more like adaptability.
一致性就是适应性。
Consistency is adaptability.
没时间的话,就做简短版。
Don't have enough time, do the short version.
没精力的话,就做轻松版。
Don't have enough energy, do the easy version.
想办法参与进来,别让这一天得零分,因为做点什么几乎总是比什么都不做要好得多。
Find a way to show up and not put up a zero for that day because doing something is almost always infinitely better than doing nothing.
所以最终你会意识到,在很多方面,糟糕的日子比好日子更重要。
And so eventually what you get to here is realizing that in a lot of ways, bad days are more important than the good days.
你知道,真正重要的是那些不想动、没时间,但还是进去做了几组深蹲,二十分钟就完事的糟糕训练日。
You know, it's actually the bad workouts, the ones where I don't really feel like doing much or I don't have much time, but I get in there and I just do like a couple sets of squats and then I'm done in twenty minutes.
那一天的价值更大,因为我参与了,没有得零分,而不是那些时间充裕、完成了全套训练的日子。
That day counts for more because I showed up and I didn't put up a zero than the days when I got a ton of time and do a full workout.
所以人们会对自己的习惯感到非常兴奋和激动。
And so people get real excited and amped up about their habits.
他们,你知道的,总想搞出一个完美的版本。
They, you know, they wanna come up with this like perfect version.
我能做些什么呢?
What could I do?
你知道的,如果我达到巅峰表现,那会是什么样子?
You know, if I achieve peak performance, what would that look like?
我最好的一天能做些什么?
What could I do on my best day?
但我觉得,更值得问的是:即使在状态差的日子,我又能坚持做什么?
But instead I think it's often better to ask like, what could I stick to even on the bad days?
而这才是你的基础。
And that becomes your baseline.
这才是你真正的起点。
That's where you start from.
而在状态好的日子,那就更好了。
And then on the good days, great.
你有这个能力,那就继续提升吧。
You got capacity, go ahead and ramp it up.
但在状态差的时候,你能坚持做什么?
But what can you stick to even on the bad days?
我觉得这才是一个好的起点。
I think is a good place to start.
是的。
Yeah.
我越来越觉得,所谓‘优化’其中一个危险在于,这个词在我眼中也被人误解了。
I more and more think that in one of the dangers of quote unquote optimization, which in my view is also a poorly understood term.
我认为优化应该是针对当天或当下的状态,而不是某个完美的理想状态。
I think optimization is optimization for the moment in the day or the hour, not some perfect ideal.
但如今非处方兴奋剂、能量饮料以及大量关于如何集中注意力的教程(其中很多我在线上和其他地方都讨论过)的普及,导致大多数从事写作、学习或其他追求的人,都会体验到那种完美的心流或状态。
But one of the downsides to the availability of like over the counter stimulants and energy drinks and tutorials of how to focus of many of which I talk about online and elsewhere is that most people who are in some sort of pursuit writing or school or otherwise experience the perfect flow or groove of being really in the zone.
然后他们就总是追逐那种状态。
And then they're always chasing that.
而任何低于这个水平的表现,都让人觉得不值得。
And anything that's below that feels like it wasn't worthwhile.
但我非常欣赏你提出的观点:在状态不佳或远低于最佳状态的日子里,依然坚持做点什么,实际上能改变你自己,让那些最佳状态的日子更容易到来。
But I really liked the way that you framed that getting something in on the days when you're less than optimal or far less than optimal is actually where you change yourself in a way that makes those optimal days more available.
我听到的就是,带伤坚持让你学会在绝佳条件下更好地发挥,甚至在绝佳条件下表现得更出色。
That's what I'm hearing that playing hurt teaches you how to play well under great conditions or play even better under great conditions.
一致性扩大能力。
Consistency enlarges ability.
因此,通过保持更高的连贯性,你扩大了处理更多事务的能力。
And so by being more consistent, you enlarge your capacity to handle more.
你提升了能力,拓宽了技能范围。
You enlarge your ability and broaden your skillset.
你打下了坚实的基础,以便日后应对更困难的事情。
You build your base of strength to handle the harder thing later.
保持一致性意味着你在不完美的日子里依然出现。
To be consistent means you show up on the days when it's not perfect.
在很多方面,我觉得这正是你获得优势的唯一地方。
In many ways, feel like that's the only place that you gain an edge.
你知道,轻松的日子,每个人都在轻松的日子锻炼。
You know, the easy days, everybody works out on the easy days.
每个人在感觉好的时候都会做。
Everybody does it when they feel good.
每个人在有时间、有精力、有能力的时候都会做。
Everybody does it when they have time and energy and capacity.
真正重要的是,谁在状态不佳时依然坚持。
It's who is doing it when it's not optimal.
这才是你脱颖而出的唯一地方。
That's the only place that you gain separation.
因此,找到即使环境不理想时也能坚持的方法,哪怕做得比你最终期望的少一些,最终也会成为一个真正的巨大胜利。
And so figuring out ways to show up even when the circumstances aren't ideal, even if it is less than you ultimately hope to do ends up being a real real win.
你刚才说的,我认为至关重要,人们总以为存在一个完美的状态需要追求,或者说需要五十天才能养成一个习惯,或者二十九天,我们可以把整个话题单独展开讨论。
What you just said, I think is so so critical that people hear that there's a perfect state that they're pursuing, or that it takes fifty days to develop a habit or twenty nine days and we can explore that whole thing as its own discussion.
但我认为,让人们理解一致性这一部分能够提升上限,这一点非常重要。
But I think it's so important for people to understand that the consistency piece raises the ceiling.
我以前从未听过如此清晰的表述。
I've actually never heard it stated that clearly.
你这样表达真是太好了,因为任何人都能做到这一点,对吧?
And it's great that you presented it that way because that's something that anyone can do, right?
任何人都可以每天写一句话。
Anyone can write one sentence per day.
这并不是我的建议,但一致性确实显著提升了表现和可能性的上限。
And that's not the suggestion, but the consistency piece really does seem to elevate the ceiling on performance and what's possible.
但我认为,人们受到‘心流’这些概念的影响太多了,在我看来。
But I think people, I think we've been exposed too much to these concepts of flow, in my opinion.
我不想贬低史蒂文·科特勒在《心流》中所做的出色工作,他是这个术语的提出者。
I don't want to knock on Steven Kotler and the beautiful work that he's done in Cheeks of Mahai, who originated the term.
我认为科特勒和《心流》的著作非常出色,确实有其存在的价值。
I think Kotler and Cheeks of Mahai, I think it's a wonderful literature and it certainly has its place.
但我觉得,人们在追求心流时,把枯燥的坚持看作失败,而他们其实并不真正理解什么是坚持。
But I think people in their pursuit of flow look at the grind as failure, And they don't really know what the grind is.
是那种在健身房做到力竭的艰难一天吗?
Is it a hard day where you're like doing sets to failure in the gym?
还是当你遇到写作瓶颈的时候?
Is it when you're, you have writer's block?
你把它简化为:一次又一次地坚持出现,这才是提升心流可能性、提升最佳表现可能性的关键。
You've simplified it down to, it's just simply showing up over and over again that raises the possibility for flow, raises the possibility for optimal performance.
这可能也同时提升了失败或表现不佳的底线,意味着你正在变得更好。
And probably raises the basement on what failure or poor performance is as well, which means you're getting better.
我有一位读者,他叫米奇。
I had this reader, his name's Mitch.
我在《原子习惯》中提到过他。
I mentioned him in Atomic Habits.
当他刚开始锻炼时,他给自己定了一条奇怪的小规矩:每次在健身房待的时间不能超过五分钟。
And he, when he first started working out, he had this strange little rule for himself where he wasn't allowed to stay at the gym for longer than five minutes.
所以他开车去健身房,下车后只做了半个动作,然后就上车回家。
So he got in the car, drove to the gym, got out, did like half an exercise and then he get in the car, drive back and go home.
这听起来很傻,你知道,你可能会想,这显然不会让这个人得到他想要的结果。
And it sounds silly, you know, you're like, clearly this is not gonna get the guy the results that he wants.
但如果你退一步看,你会发现他其实是在掌握‘出现’的艺术,对吧?
But if you take a step back, what you realize is he was mastering the art of showing up, right?
他正在成为那种每周去四次健身房的人,哪怕每次只待五分钟。
He was becoming the type of person that went to the gym four days a week, even if it was only for five minutes.
这恰恰与大多数人所做的相反,我们坐下来,试图把它做到完美。
And it's like the inversion of what most people do, which is we sit down, we try to perfect it.
你知道,完美的饮食计划是什么?
You know, what's the perfect diet plan?
理想的锻炼策略是什么?
What's the ideal workout strategy?
最佳的销售策略是什么?
What's the best sales strategy?
你知道,我们总想把一切都安排妥当后再迈出第一步。
You know, like we wanna have everything lined up first and then we take the first step.
但我突然想起了这一点。
But I'm reminded of that.
爱德·拉蒂莫尔有句话说,健身房里最重的重量是前门。
There's that quote from Ed Latimore where he says the heaviest weight at the gym is the front door.
你知道,生活中有很多事情都是这样的。
And, you know, there are a lot of things in life that are like that.
最难的一步就是最初的行动。
You know, the hardest step is the first movement.
所以,通过掌握现身的艺术,他现在已经在健身房里了。
And so by mastering the art of showing up, well, now he's in the gym.
他现在已经在赛场上了。
Now he's in the arena.
你可以做出各种各样的改进。
There's all kinds of improvements that you can make.
所以他坚持了六周,然后发现自己总是来这儿。
And so he got six weeks in and he was like, well, I'm coming here all the time.
我还不如多练一会儿。
I might as well start working out a little bit longer.
我觉得这样的心态要好得多,而不是一开始就追求完美,然后因为无法每周跑四天就觉得自己没必要努力。
And I feel like that is such a better place to be, than to trying to get it perfect from the start And then feeling like, well, if I can't run four days a week, why am I bothering?
你知道,如果我不能锻炼四十五分钟,那也没关系。
You know, if I can't work out for forty five minutes, then it doesn't matter.
但事实是,每次你出现,都算数。
But the truth is it matters every time you show up.
我们常说‘培养习惯’,但在很多方面,我们实际上描述的只是学习的过程。
We use the phrase building habits, but in a lot of ways, what we're actually describing is just the process of learning.
你的大脑只是在学习一种新行为,只要你练习,任何事你都会越来越擅长。
Your brain is just learning a new behavior and you will get better at anything that you practice, anything.
当然,我不是说如果你练篮球,六个月就能打进NBA,对吧?
Now, I'm not saying that if you practice basketball, can go play in the NBA in six months, right?
比如,也许你从未想过,但如果你每天练习,六个月后的你一定会比今天打得更好。
Like, or maybe ever, But you individually will be a better basketball player six months from now than you are today if you practice it each day.
你拥有的每一项技能,当初对你来说都是陌生的。
And every skill that you have was once unknown to you.
你知道吗?你刚出生时,并不知道如何切番茄、演奏乐器,甚至不会刷牙,但你现在都会这些,还有很多其他技能。
You know, when you were born, you did not know how to cut a tomato or, play a musical instrument or even brush your teeth, but you know all those things now and many others.
所以,你学习事物的方式就是通过练习。
And so the way that you learn things is by practicing them.
而培养习惯的方式也是如此,即使只是小小的行动。
And the way that you learn habits is also by practicing them, even if it's small.
我认为,从学习和神经可塑性的角度来看待习惯非常重要,对吧?
I think it's so important to view habits through the lens of learning and therefore neuroplasticity, right?
我认为‘神经可塑性’是一个宽泛的术语,可以涵盖很多情况,比如中风也会引发神经可塑性,但那并不是我们想要的那种。
Which I think is a broad term that can be many, I mean, having a stroke will induce neuroplasticity, but not the kind one wants.
所以,我想精确的定义是,我称之为自我导向的适应性可塑性。
So I guess the precise definition would be, I call it self directed adaptive plasticity.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
这不是一个正式的术语,但对我们讨论的内容来说是有效的。
It's not a real term, but it works for what we're talking about.
所以我会简称为可塑性,抱歉,我刚才打断你了。
So I'll just say plasticity for short, but Sorry, I was cutting you off,
但我觉得‘自我导向’这一点非常重要。
but that is, I feel like the self directed piece is an important part there.
你知道,你的大脑一直在学习习惯,对吧?
You know, your brain's learning habits all the time, right?
无论你是否掌控,是否在意,你都会养成习惯。
You will learn habits whether you are in control or not, whether you care or not.
我认为这正是我们需要了解习惯是什么以及它们如何运作的好理由。
I think that's a good reason to want to know what they are and how they work.
真正的问题不在于你是否会养成新习惯,而在于你能否设计它们,对吧?
The real question is not whether you will gain new habits, it's whether you can design them, right?
或者能否掌控它们,是否能做到自我导向。
Or be in control of them, whether it can be self directed.
是的,我觉得值得稍微探讨一下这个问题,因为对于神经科学家来说,当他们学习可塑性时,会接触到发育性可塑性,这种可塑性在我们小时候人人都有。
Yeah, I mean, maybe it's worth exploring this a little bit because so for neuroscientists who learn about plasticity, you learn about developmental plasticity, which existed in all of us when we were kids.
它只是被动经历如何塑造我们的过程。
And it's just how passive experience shapes us.
而且这种可塑性非常强大,直到人们常说的25岁为止。
And it's very robust up until they always say till age 25.
但关于这一点,多语言学习在没有口音的情况下,15岁、20岁、25岁之后会变得困难得多,而40岁、45岁或60岁则相对容易一些。
But about that is when the window closes for like multi language learning without accents, becomes much, much more difficult after 15, 20, 25 than it does say at 40, 45 or 60.
有些人还是能做到,但需要付出更多努力。
Some people can do it, but it takes much more effort.
所以这是被动学习。
So that's passive learning.
但自我引导的部分很有趣,因为它有两种形式。
But the self directed piece is interesting because there are sort of two forms of that.
一种是探索性的,比如你试图去学习如何绘画,但你其实并不知道最终画出来会是什么样子。
One form is where it's explorative, like you're trying to, I don't know, figure out how to paint or figure out how to But you don't really know what the painting is going to be.
另一种被称为指导性可塑性。
The other is what is called instructional plasticity.
我想更准确的术语是自我导向的适应性指导性可塑性。
And I guess the strict term would be self directed adaptive instructional plasticity.
这么说起来有点拗口。
This way it gets to be kind of a mouthful.
听起来挺顺口的。
Sounds sticky.
是的,但‘指导性’意味着存在一个正确答案。
Yeah, but the instructional piece means there's a correct answer.
存在一个正确答案。
There's a correct answer.
神经科学家们熟知某些类型的学习,这类学习有明确的正确答案,神经系统需要掌握,比如从球场上特定位置投出罚球,或者用正确的发音在不同语言中说出某个词。
And neuroscientists are familiar with the fact that there's these certain forms of learning where there's a correct answer that the nervous system needs to learn, like how to shoot a free throw from a particular location on a court, for instance, how to state a word with a proper enunciation in different language, for instance.
因此,这里有对与错之分。
And so there's a right and there's a wrong.
比如这个叫米奇的人,他去了健身房,但五分钟后就离开了。
And the example of this guy, Mitch, who went to the gym and then left after five minutes.
我觉得这里有一种融合,他通过某种无意识的天赋意识到,正确的做法其实是进门,而他需要自己学会这一点,而不是整个锻炼过程。
I feel like there's a merge there where he through some unconscious genius realized that the right answer was getting in the door and had to teach himself that piece as opposed to the entire workout.
所以这仅仅是分块,对吧?
So that's just chunking, right?
但这需要一个前提,那就是首先要到达健身房。
But it requires that there's a prerequisite to getting in the gym and that's just going there in the first place.
如果我们试图学习整个锻炼流程,那就太多了。
And if we're trying to learn how to do an entire workout, it's too much.
或者,如果我们试图学习如何表现得非常出色,我们实际上是在学习五十个甚至一千个东西。
Or if we're trying to learn how to perform really well, we're really trying to learn 50 or a thousand things.
所以
So
这种分块技巧表面上看很简单,但我觉得教学可塑性告诉我们:我们需要先学会正确的答案,然后再将它们叠加起来。
this business of chunking, it's so simple on the face of it, but I feel like instructional plasticity says, we need to learn the right answers and then stack those.
所以我认为他并不疯狂。
And so I don't think he was crazy.
我认为他真的抓住了要点,而且非常契合神经科学的观点。
I think he was really onto something and really in tune with what the neuroscience says.
人们常常以为自己在简化问题或让事情变简单,但他们没有意识到其中涉及多少步骤。
People often think they're keeping it simple or making it simple, but they don't realize how many steps are involved.
比如,仅仅只是去健身房这件事。
Like let's take just getting to the gym.
别管锻炼了,就只是到达那里。
Forget about the workout, but just getting there.
你会去哪家健身房?
Which gym will you go to?
你打算什么时候去?
What time are you gonna go?
你是上班前去还是下班后去?
Are you going before work or after work?
你是路上顺道去,还是专门为了健身去?
Are you stopping by on your way or as on your commute?
你需要单独开车过去吗?
Do you need drive separately?
你会带水瓶去,还是健身房有饮水机?
Are you gonna bring a water bottle or do they have water fountains at the gym?
光是这件事听起来就挺傻的。
That alone sounds like a silly thing.
但我曾经收到一位读者来信,他说我总是忘记带水瓶,而那里又没有饮水机。
But I heard from a reader one time who said, I always forget my water bottle and they don't have water fountains there.
所以我就不想去了。
So I don't feel like going.
这些小障碍足以让人放弃锻炼。
That's enough friction to prevent somebody from doing the workout.
对吧?
Right?
就像有这么多小步骤一样。
Like there's so many little steps like that.
那你打算穿什么?
And you, what are you going to wear?
你的衣服干净了吗?
Do you have the, are the clothes cleaner?
它们现在在洗衣房里吗?
Are they in the laundry right now?
有太多事情可能阻止你去做了。
Like there's so many things that could prevent it from happening.
所以,只要学会开始,就能让你早早跨越所有这些障碍,弄清楚我该如何每周坚持下去。
So just mastering, getting started forces you to cross all of those thresholds early on and figure out how do I get in here week in and week out.
一旦你解决了这个问题,那就好极了,我们可以接着讨论具体的锻炼内容了。
And then once you got that part licked, then okay, great, we can move on to what the actual workout should be.
如今,我和其他许多人听到并谈论这样一个观点:努力本身就成了回报。
These days, I and many others hear about and talk about this idea that the effort becomes the reward.
我的意思是,这可以说是这一切的终极目标,对吧?
I mean, that's sort of the holy grail of all this, right?
我认为这是可以实现的。
And I think that can happen.
我的意思是,这带点自虐的意味。
I mean, has sort of masochistic tones to it.
几年前,我曾是个约会中的女人,我们现在还是好朋友。
Years ago, I was a dating woman, we're still good friends.
我记得有一次她对我说:顺其自然,别硬抗。
And I remember one time she just said to me, she said, Flow, don't fight.
我当时说:你在说什么?
And I was like, What are you talking about?
她说:你做的一切都是在强迫自己去做,尽管你其实很享受这些活动。
And she said, Everything that you do is you're sort of like pushing yourself into doing it, even though you really enjoy these activities.
我们说的是与工作相关的活动。
And we're talking about work related activities.
我当时想,哦,所以你是说你要顺其自然地对待一切事情?
And I was like, Oh, so you just like flow into everything that you do?
她就说,对啊。
And she's like, Yeah.
她来自加拿大东部。
She was from Eastern Canada.
而且
And
我问,那里的人都是这样的吗?
I was like, everyone up there like that?
她说,不,实际上我爸爸或者她家里的某个人是个渔夫,得一大早起床,到寒冷的海上去。
And she's like, No, actually, my dad or someone in her family is like a fisherman had to get up early in the morning, go out in the cold.
所以她是个坚韧的人,非常坚韧,最近刚完成了研究生学位。
So she was a hardy person, a very hardy person, a hard worker just recently finished a graduate degree in fact.
我当时想,这个‘顺其自然,不要对抗’的说法真有意思,因为我觉得我每天醒来都会想,好吧,我得做这个,我得做那个,但这些其实都是我热爱的机会。
And I was like, this flow don't fight thing is interesting because I feel like across my day, I do wake up and I'm like, all right, have to do this need to And these are opportunities that I love.
当然。
Sure.
我一直在想,我们踩油门的时间是不是有限的?
And I've thought to myself, do we only have so much time on the gas pedal?
也许她是对的。
Maybe she's right.
也许我们需要在一天中的某些时候顺其自然,让自己处于自动模式,以便在面对真正阻碍我们的事情时能更奋力拼搏。
Maybe we need to flow through certain parts of our days where we're just kind of on inautomatic so that we can fight harder against the things that are really barriers for us.
从今天早上醒来起,我就一直想问詹姆斯这个问题。
I've been wanting since I woke up this morning, I'm like, I got to ask James this question.
你认为我们能否在顺其自然和奋力拼搏之间切换?
Do you think there's a way that we can kind of toggle flow and fight?
这是个有趣的问题。
That's an interesting question.
我有两个想法。
So I have two thoughts.
第一个想法是,很长一段时间里,我一直在纠结这个问题:我是否必须感到不满才能有动力?
First thought is for a long time I wrestled with this question of, do I have to be dissatisfied to be driven?
这是其中的一部分吗?
Is is that part of it?
是否正是因为我想到了自己想要达到的目标或想要完成的事情?
Is that is part of it that I have this vision for where I want to be or what I want to accomplish?
然后我看看自己当前的状态,意识到我和目标之间存在差距。
And then I look at my current state and I realize there's a gap between where I am and where I want to be.
而对这种差距的不满,正是推动你前进的动力。
And that dissatisfaction with that gap is what drives you forward.
正是那种想要弥合差距的驱动力,让你能够现身、努力工作、参加考试或采取行动,你知道的?
It's the it's the drive to close the gap that gets you to show up and work hard or take the test or do the thing, you know?
我认为,在我人生的许多时候,这确实是推动我的主要力量。
And I think certainly there are many times in my life when that has been the driving force.
但我认为最健康的回应,或者说对立观点是:想象一颗橡果从树上掉下来,它成功生根并开始生长。
But the healthiest response I think that I've come up with or the counterpoint is imagine that like an acorn falls from a tree and you know, it manages to take roots and starts to grow.
一开始它只是一颗小小的橡果,然后长成幼苗,接着慢慢长成一棵高大的成熟橡树。
And you know, at first it's just this little acorn and then it's a sapling and then it's, you know, grows into this large mature oak.
在这个过程中,它从未责备自己只是一颗橡果,或只是一株幼苗,责备自己还不够成熟、还不够高大、还未达成目标。
And at no point in that process did was it like berating itself for only being an acorn or for only being a sapling, For not being enough yet, for not being big enough, for not having achieved that outcome.
没有人会看着它说:‘哦,真是个失败者。’
Nobody looks at it and thinks, oh, what a failure.
你还没长成一棵完整的橡树呢。
You aren't a full oak tree yet.
然而,尽管没有这种不满情绪,它依然在持续生长。
And yet despite that there isn't this dissatisfaction going on, it continues to grow.
我想,原因在于,橡树生长只是因为它本就该如此。
And I think the answer there is it grows simply because that is what an Oak tree does.
它生长,是因为这是它与生俱来的使命。
It grows because that is what is it is encoded to do.
因此,我觉得最健康的状态就是顺其自然,去感受并接纳:我内心真正被赋予的使命是什么?
And so I feel like the healthiest version of me, just flowing with it, you know, or just stepping into it is what do I feel like I'm encoded to do?
你知道吗,我几乎觉得我生来就是为了做这件事,这就是我的优势。
You know, like I was almost like I was made for this, you know, this is my strength.
这就是我喜欢的。
This is what I like.
它让我充满激情。
It lights me up.
它让我感到充满活力。
It makes me feel alive.
然后我可以非常有动力,而且此刻并不感到不满。
And then I can be quite driven, and not feel dissatisfied at the moment.
所以我想,那大概是我第一时间想到的事情。
So I think that was like kind of the first thing that I that came to mind.
第二点是,我有过这样的经历:努力本身就是回报,工作本身就是胜利,或者人们想怎么表达都行。
The second piece is I have had this experience where the effort has been the reward, where the the the work is the win or what, know, whatever people wanna phrase it.
做这件事本身就是满足感,但我很少能立刻获得这种体验。
Doing the thing is the satisfaction, but rarely do I have that experience right away.
这是随着时间积累的。
Has come with time.
比如锻炼对我来说就是一个很好的例子。
So like working out is a very good example for me.
我已经训练了十五年或二十年了。
I've been training for fifteen or twenty years now.
是的,像其他人一样,我也想要所有同样的东西,对吧?
And yeah, like I want all the same things everybody else does, right?
我想保持健康。
I wanna be healthy.
你想看起来很棒。
You wanna look good.
你希望通过锻炼获得各种各样的结果。
You you have all these like outcomes that you want from working out.
但过去几年,我开始越来越多地锻炼,仅仅是因为锻炼时我的感受。
But the last couple of years I have started to train more and more just because of how I feel when I work out.
我喜欢运动带给我的感觉。
I like how it makes me feel.
现在我不必再等待了。
And now I don't have to wait.
我不必等两年才能看到镜子里的自己。
I don't have to wait two years to see how I look in the mirror.
当我做这一组动作时,我就感觉很好。
Like I feel good when I'm doing this set.
因此,这变得更关乎体验,以及做运动时我自己的感受。
And so it becomes more about the experience and liking how I feel when I'm doing it.
用我的语言和《原子习惯》的说法,这就是我所说的身份认同型习惯。
In my language and the atomic habits language, it's what I call identity based habits.
每次我出现并锻炼时,我都在为成为那种坚持锻炼的人、成为运动员、成为从不错过训练的人投上一票。
Every time that I show up and workout, I am casting a vote for being the type of person who works out for being an athlete, for being the type of person who doesn't miss workouts.
每当我为成为这样的人投上一票,我都会对自己感到满意。
And every time I cast a vote for being that type of person, I feel good about myself.
我觉得我正在现身,并成为我想成为的那种人。
I feel like I'm showing up and being the kind of person I want to be.
我觉得我正在强化我所期望的身份。
I feel like I'm reinforcing my desired identity.
我认为这是《原子习惯》中最有共鸣的概念之一,那就是不要一开始就问:我想要实现什么?
And I think this is one of the, it certainly is one of the concepts from Atomic Habits that has resonated with most with people, which is rather than starting your habits and asking, what do I wish to achieve?
我想要达成什么?
What do I wish to accomplish?
而是要先问:我想成为什么样的人?
You start by asking who do I wish to become?
我的习惯是如何强化这种期望的身份的?
And how are my habits reinforcing that desired identity?
我是否在为成为那样的人投下选票?
Am I casting votes for being that type of person?
你采取的每一个行动,都是在为你想成为的那种人投下选票。
Every action you take is like a vote for the type of person you wish to become.
所以,如果你在周二晚上坐下来学习二十分钟,你就是在为成为勤奋的人投下了一票。
So if you sit down and you study for twenty minutes on Tuesday night, you are casting a vote for being studious.
如果你在外面打一个小时篮球,你就是在为成为篮球运动员投下了一票。
If you shoot a basketball for an hour outside, you cast a vote for being a basketball player.
单个来看,这些都是一些小事。
And individually, those are small things.
在任何特定的时刻,它们似乎都没什么大不了的。
They don't really mean a whole lot, you know, in any given moment.
但如果你持续三个月、六个月或一年,日积月累,终会跨越某个无形的临界点,那时你会说:没错,成为篮球运动员一定是我身份的重要组成部分。
But collectively, if you do it for three months or six months or a year, you cross this invisible threshold at some point where you say, yeah, being a basketball player must be a big part of who I am.
你会开始为自己是这样的人而感到自豪。
And you start to take pride in being that kind of person.
如果你为此感到自豪,如果它成为了你故事的一部分,你就会努力维持这个习惯。
And if you take pride in it, if it becomes part of your story, then you'll fight to maintain the habit.
于是,情况突然就反转了。
And now all of a sudden the situation is flipped.
现在你是在努力去做,而不是努力不去做。
Now you're trying to do it rather than trying not to do it.
与其试图激励自己坚持下去,不如直接说这是我的一部分。
You know, rather than trying to motivate yourself to stick to it, you're just saying this is part of who I am.
比如,我起床去跑步,是因为我是个跑者,而不是因为三个月后有个半程马拉松。
You know, like I get up and I go for a run because I'm a runner, not because I have a half marathon in three months.
我这么做,是因为我喜欢成为这样的人。
I'm doing it because I like being this kind of person.
所以我认为,值得思考的问题是:我的行为在强化什么?
So I think the question of what are my actions reinforcing?
我的习惯如何滋养我想要的身份,这是一个值得探索的问题。
How are my habits feeding my desired identity is an interesting thing to play with.
我认为这是我们每个人都应该问自己的一个重要问题。
And I think an important question for all of us to ask ourselves.
是的,我承认,对我而言,阻力是一个很好的动力。
Yeah, I confess that friction for me is a great motivator.
我在博士后期间实际上处于一场科学竞赛中,当我刚开始建立自己的实验室时,我觉得这太棒了。
I was in essentially a scientific competition in my postdoc years, also when I started my lab and I was like, this is great.
我总有一个不断需要对抗的目标。
Like I have something constantly to push against.
我很享受这份工作。
And I enjoyed the work.
你所说的摩擦是指什么?
What kind of friction do you mean?
比如有一个
Like having a
一个我们与之竞争的大实验室。
A big lab that we were competing with.
那是一个新兴领域,许多新工具刚刚出现。
And it was a new area, a bunch of tools had arrived on the scene.
我们正在开发工具,他们也在开发工具,竞争非常激烈。
We were developing tools, they were developing tools and it was very, very competitive.
我当时就想,这太棒了。
And I was like, this is so great.
感觉像一场小小的军备竞赛。
Felt like a little arms race.
没错,他们拿到了他们的成果,我们也拿到了我们的,一切都顺利解决了。
Yeah, and it was, and they got their piece and we got our piece and it all worked out.
但我认为竞争能激发出这种动力。
But I think competition can bring that out.
我觉得这其实非常健康,当然也提高了焦虑水平。
And I think it was really healthy and it raised the anxiety level certainly.
因为在科学领域,你真的可能被抢先发表。
Because in science, you can actually get scooped.
你可能花了多年时间非常努力地工作,却被人抢先一步。
You can work very, very hard for a lot of years and someone can beat you to the punch.
你得告诉学生或博士后,我们要重新开始了。
And you have to tell the student or postdoc like we are resetting.
当我做博士后的时候,这真的很可怕。
And when I was the postdoc, it was scary.
所以你会努力寻找一个相对有把握的角落,确保无论发生什么你都能挺过去,但情况并不总是如此。
So you try and find your corner where there's a bit more assurance that you're going to be okay no matter what, but it's not always the case.
尤其是当你选择那些非常及时的问题时,比如新的工具刚刚出现,可以回答人们长期以来想解决的问题。
Especially if you pick the problems that are like very timely, like the tools just became available to answer questions that people have wanted to answer for a long time.
然后这就变成了一团乱麻。
And it's just a cluster.
所以我曾经想,天啊,这不健康吗?
And so I used to think, gosh, is this unhealthy?
这真的非常不健康。
It's just like really unhealthy.
我凌晨四点就醒来去实验室,拼命赶超他们。
I'm waking up at four in the morning and going to lab and like beating them.
我在想,我在开玩笑吗?
I'm like, no, are you kidding me?
这曾是我职业生涯的一部分,但我不会想永远这样下去。
Like it was part of building my career, but I wouldn't want to do that forever.
所以,那种心流的感觉听起来真的非常好。
And so the flow piece sounds really, really nice.
同时,我也完全同意你所说的,在摩擦中会涌现出一些突破,比如‘哦,这五分钟进展得真不错’。
And at the same time, I don't know, I agree completely with what you said that in the friction, get these sort of breakthroughs of like, Oh, this went well for five minutes.
我真的很享受这个过程。
I really enjoy this.
你会开始珍惜这些短暂的时刻。
And you start to hold onto those pockets.
你说你真的很享受锻炼、这套动作。
You said you really enjoy the workout, the set.
我对此深有共鸣。
I feel a lot of resonance with that.
我其实很喜欢锻炼,但你是少数几个我认识的不会说‘我喜欢锻炼完后的那种感觉’的人。
I actually like exercising, but you're one of the few people I've ever met that doesn't say, Oh, I like how I feel afterwards.
我喜欢运动后的感受,但也喜欢运动时当下的感觉。
I like how I feel afterwards, but I also like how it feels in the moment.
听起来你也是一样。
It sounds like you do as well.
是的,我喜欢这个行为本身。
Yeah, I like the act of it.
我喜欢这种练习的过程。
I like the practice of it.
是啊,也就是说,这是你必须努力争取来的一种天赋。
Yeah, mean, that's a gift that you had to work for.
我觉得是的。
I think so.
就像你刚才说的,很难想象自己总是处于那种心流状态,或者总是对它有那样的感觉。
I, you know, well, to the point that you just made, it's hard for you to imagine always being in that flow or always feeling that way about it.
而且竞争也可以非常健康。
And also the competition can be very healthy.
我同意。
I agree.
我觉得两者都是。
I think it's both.
我几乎会抵制任何声称自己始终处于其中一种状态的人。
And I almost, I resist anybody who would say that they're always in one or the other.
嗯。
Mhmm.
我认为每个人都会时不时地处于这两种状态中。
I think everybody's in both from time to time.
你提到实验室之间的竞争,这对培养习惯也很有启发。
And, your point about the competition between the labs, that's instructive for building habits too.
有时候,当事情有风险时,确实会很有帮助。
Sometimes it really helps if things have stakes.
我发现,如果没有风险,我很难真正在意。
I find that it's actually quite hard for me to care if there are no stakes.
我希望有一些真正重要的东西。
I want there to be something that matters.
最终,这就是我决定在网上分享我的想法的原因。
Ultimately, that's why I decided to start sharing my ideas online.
我当时在一家骨科诊所实习,那是很多年前的夏天。
I was working at an orthopedic practice, just doing like an internship over the summer.
那是很多年前的事了。
This is many years ago.
我开始写关于习惯的内容,后来,没有人要求我这么做。
And, I started writing about habits and eventually, and nobody asked me to.
我只是因为对此感兴趣才在做的。
I just was doing it because I was interested in it.
我写了一个长达60页的Word文档。
And I got this word doc that was like 60 pages long.
那只是詹姆斯对习惯的一些想法。
It was just like James's thoughts on habits.
在Word文档里写东西有点无聊。
And writing in the word doc is kind of boring.
没什么压力,你知道的?
There are no stakes, you know?
所以我想,终究我得把这些内容发布出去,看看到底好不好。
So I was like, well, eventually I need to put some of this up and just see, is it any good or not?
你知道的,人们喜不喜欢?
You know, do people like it or not?
最终这促成了jamesclear.com的诞生,进而有了《原子习惯》。
And eventually that led to jamesclear.com and eventually atomic habits.
但正因为有了压力,我才不得不提升自己的水平。
But the fact that there were stakes forced me to up my game.
我的本科专业是生物力学,我也拿到了商科学位。
My undergraduate degree is in biomechanics and I got a business degree as well.
所以我并没有心理学或神经科学的学位,而这可能是你预期一个写习惯主题的人会有的背景。
So I don't have a degree in psychology or neuroscience, which is kind of what I think you would expect somebody who writes about habits to have.
所以早期我一直在为此感到遗憾。
And so I was kind of lamenting that early on.
我对一个朋友说了这件事,他说,成为专家的方法就是每周都写关于这个主题的内容。
And I said that to a friend and he said, well, the way you become an expert is by writing about it every week.
于是我深深记住了这一点。
And so I just really internalized that.
于是接下来的三年里,我每周写两篇文章。
And so I wrote two articles a week for the next three years.
结果发现,如果你写了150篇关于习惯的文章,你一路上会学到很多东西。
And it turns out if you write 150 articles about habits, you learn a lot along the way.
因为这些都是公开的,每次都能被人批评。
And because it was public, I could get criticized every time.
我认为这让我的作品变得更好了。
And I think that made the work much better.
最终,你知道,我通过多方验证,逐渐整理出了一些关于这个话题的不错观点。
And ultimately, you know, I was able to triangulate my way to, you know, putting together some decent ideas about the topic.
建立习惯和抑制坏习惯与你的名字密不可分,反之亦然。
And building habits and suppressing bad habits is synonymous with your name and vice versa.
我想到了几个例子,德里克,来自《更多餐盘,更多日期》的人,他做在线健身和健康内容,两人都没有相关领域的正式培训,但都极其出色,真的非常出色。
I think there are several cases I can think of you, Derek, from More Plates, More Dates, who does online fitness and health content, neither of whom have formal training in the information they share, are both superb, like truly superb.
我稍微认识德里克,我认为他也特别努力,确保自己阅读时格外注重细节,确保传达的信息准确,并承认自己没有这方面的正式学术背景,抱歉。
And I know Derek a bit, and I think he also went out of his way to make sure that he was reading things with an extra attention to the detail, making sure that the communication about it was correct and acknowledging that he didn't have formal training in that area, formal academic training, forgive me.
因为所有这些内容——锻炼和健康,以及你可以实践的习惯——你也可以去练习它们。
Because all this stuff, exercise and health, as well as habits that you can practice them too.
当然,当然。
Sure, sure.
对吧?
Right?
我认为关键问题在于能力与资质之间的区别。
I think the big question is just competence versus credentials.
你知道,如果论点是:你并没有这方面的学位。
You know, if if the argument is, well, you don't have a degree in this.
这其实没告诉我任何信息。
Well, that doesn't really tell me anything.
但如果论点是这句话错了,好吧。
But if the argument is the sentence is wrong, okay.
那我们现在就有话题可聊了,你知道吗?
Well, now we have something to talk about, you know?
但如果这些句子是对的,而我只是没有学位,那也只能认了。
But if the sentences are right and I just don't have the degree, you know, too bad.
这根本不重要。
That's it doesn't matter.
对吧?
Right?
关键是这些观点对不对?
It's it's about are the ideas right?
这种中西部人的务实态度,我认为真的能引起人们的共鸣,因为那种与高可信度相关的象牙塔学术内容,往往让人觉得脱离了现实世界。
That's that Midwest sensibility practicality that I think really resonates with people because the problem with kind of ivory tower academic stuff that is associated with high levels of credibility is oftentimes people feel like it's, that people are out of touch with the real world.
而且显然,两者的结合非常好。
And obviously the merge of the two is great.
但我认为科学家们会来找你,现在你可以读一篇论文了。
But I think the scientists then come to you and now you can read a paper.
所以我认为
So I think that
它可以两者兼得。
It can be both.
也不必非得是竞争关系。
It doesn't need to be a competition either.
我认为重点只是,这些想法对不对?
I think the point is just, are the ideas right?
如果想法是对的,那就很好。
And if the ideas are right, then great.
如果想法是错的,那我就有一些需要学习的地方
And if the ideas are wrong, then I have some learning
去做。
to do.
它们在现实世界中有效吗?
Do they work in the real world?
显然,人们已经从这些中受益了。
And clearly people have benefited from these.
是的,我认为将努力本身视为奖励这种倾向是可能发生的。
Yeah, I think this attachment to making the effort the reward is something that can happen.
我认为这是一种自上而下的训练方式。
I think that it's a top down training.
我想听听你的看法。
I'd like your thoughts on this.
我们可以告诉自己,这种痛苦是好的。
We can tell ourselves, this pain is good.
这说明我正在变得更好。
This is me getting better.
我觉得在锻炼领域有两个非常具体的平行例子。
Like I think there are two kind of parallel examples in the world of exercise where it's very concrete.
我认为这与认知领域是相通的。
And I think it maps to the cognitive space.
但我认为阻力训练中令人惊叹的一点是‘泵感’这个概念。
But I think one of the incredible things about resistance training is this notion of the pump.
我的意思不是说我喜欢这种感觉,而是因为它给你提供了一个直观且感官上的窗口,让你看到如果正确地恢复、合理饮食等,未来会发生什么。
I mean, not because I enjoy it, but because it gives you a little visual and like sensory window into what will happen if you do things correctly, like recover and proper nutrition, etcetera.
你实际上能直观地感受到并体验到未来的变化。
Like you literally get a visual and a sensory window into the future.
在当下就能获得一些证据,证明你正在做对事情。
Have some kind of evidence that in the moment you're doing it right.
没错。
Yeah.
总的来说,你最终获得的,某种程度上类似于锻炼过程中的进步。
And in general, what you end up with, it sort of parallels that progress during the workout.
而跑步就不一样了,比如我穿着负重背心跑上一座陡峭的山坡时,肺部火烧火燎,恨不得把肺咳出来,感觉想吐。
Whereas with running, like if I run up a steep hill with a weight vest on, my lungs are burning, I want to cough up a lung, like I feel like I want to vomit.
我们可以告诉自己:这很好,说明我在进步,下次会更容易,但此刻你并不会觉得自己变快了。
We can tell ourselves like, this is good, this is me getting better, it will be easier the next time, but you don't feel faster in the moment.
你不会觉得:哦,这就是我现在比昨天真正更快时的感觉。
You're not like, oh, this is what it feels like to really be faster than I am on this current day.
所以我认为这两种体验都很重要。
And so I think both are important.
我把它们看作是我能给予自己的正面反馈的模板。
So I look at those as kind of templates for the positive feedback I can give myself.
比如当我有一段良好的写作或播客准备时间,正在认真查找论文时,我会想:这太棒了,真不错。
Like if I have a good stretch of writing or podcast prep, I'm like really finding papers, I'm like, this is so cool, this is great.
我会说:好吧,这真的很棒。
I'll say, okay, this is really good.
我们进入状态了。
Like we're in the groove.
这有点像健身房里的泵感。
That's sort of like the pump in the gym thing.
就像在朝着某个方向前进。
Like it's heading someplace.
但当事情真的像撞上砖墙一样,我觉得特别痛苦。
But then when things are really like running up against a brick wall and I was like, this is so painful.
我不得不教会自己说,好吧,这很好。
I've had to teach myself to say, okay, this is good.
这是我变得更好的表现。
This is me getting better.
这就是大脑学习的方式。
This is how the brain learns.
大脑通过经历摩擦来学习。
The brain learns by experiencing friction.
它不是通过经历表现来学习的。
It doesn't learn by experiencing performance.
我的意思是,我们不是从表现中学习的。
I mean, we don't learn from performance.
我们只从失败中学习,对吧?
We only learn from failure, right?
除非大脑不得不改变,否则它不会改变。
The brain won't change unless it has to change.
所以我想听听你对这一点在这一领域中的看法。
So I'd love your thoughts on this as it relates to the space.
我认为大多数人把习惯和学习理解为如何学习一门新语言或一种乐器,或者只是改变日常习惯,让自己更健康或更友善。
I think most people think of habits and learning like how to learn a new language or a musical instrument, or just changing one's daily routine so that one is healthier or kinder.
很多人只是在努力克服当混蛋的倾向。
A lot of people just struggle with kind of being jerks.
他们其实想表现得友善,但这很难。
And I think they're trying to be kind and it's hard.
如果这不是他们的天性,要养成友善的习惯是很困难的。
It's hard to develop the habit of being kind if that's not their nature.
那么,这些对你来说意味着什么?
So how do these things map for you?
很多时候,人们会抱怨写作习惯,比如写作太艰难、太困难,当下感觉非常吃力。
A lot of the time people will complain about writing habits, for example, writing so hard, writing so difficult, it feels so arduous in the moment.
有时我会提醒自己:没错,写作确实很难,而这正是它有效的原因。
And sometimes I try to remind myself, yeah, it does feel difficult and that's kind of why it works.
想象一下走进健身房,抱怨杠铃太重。
Imagine going into the gym and complaining that like the weights are heavy.
你会说:是啊,杠铃确实很重。
You're like, well, that's like, yes, the weights are heavy.
这正是你变得更强壮的原因。
That's why you're getting stronger.
写作很难,而这正是你变得更聪明的方式。
And the writing is hard and that's how you're getting smarter.
或者至少,让我们说这是你理清思路的方式。
Or at least let's say that's how you're clarifying your thoughts.
就像感觉重量很重,是你在变强的证据。
Just as the weights feeling heavy is evidence that you are getting stronger.
写作感到困难,是证据表明你正在强迫自己思考和厘清思路。
The writing feeling hard is evidence that you were thinking that you were forcing yourself to think and clarify.
因此,成长需要一些摩擦和张力。
So there is some friction, some tension that is necessary for growth.
我认为你所提到的,在当下给自己讲一个更好的故事,非常有帮助。
I think what you're referencing, telling yourself a better story in the moment is very helpful.
比如,是的,这确实很痛苦。
You know, like this is, yeah, it is painful.
这很难。
It is hard.
而这正是成长的一部分。
And this is part of what it means to grow.
我还觉得,提前或事后做一些事情来滋养这个过程,帮助你坚持下去,也是有帮助的。
I also think it's helpful to do some things either beforehand or afterward that can help feed that process to get you to show up.
例如,事先进行预演会非常有帮助。
So for example, beforehand, pre visualization can be really helpful.
我经常和我的孩子们练习这个,帮助他们想象美好的一天会是什么样子。
I practice this with my kids just trying to help them imagine what a good day would look like.
比如我一个儿子最近刚上幼儿园,第一天送他去的时候,他过得不太好。
You know, like my one son, he, he started preschool recently and the first day of drop off, he didn't have a good day.
他当时哭闹了一会儿。
He kind of, you know, cried and fussed a little bit.
不太愿意留下来。
Didn't really want to stay.
第二天,情况也差不多。
Second day, same sort of thing.
所以第三天,我说:好了,今天是上幼儿园的日子。
So the third day I said, all right, it's, you know, it's preschool day today.
他正要出门,我就说:等等,我们先吃早餐吧。
And he was like, and I was like, hold on, let's just, know, we're getting breakfast in the morning.
我说,你知道吗,你喜欢幼儿园,对吧?
I said, you know, you like preschool, right?
你真的很喜欢你的老师。
Like you really like your teachers.
他回答说,嗯。
He was like, yeah.
我说,你们昨天点心时间怎么样?
I said, what about you guys did snack time yesterday?
那很有趣。
That was fun.
对吧?
Right?
他说,嗯。
He's like, yeah.
我说,你得玩胶棒和蜡笔。
I said, you got to play with glue sticks and the crayons.
那是一个很有趣的活动。
Like that was a cool activity.
放学后你们做什么?
And what do you do after school gets done?
他说:哦,我们会去操场玩三十分钟之类的。
He was like, oh, we go out on the playground and we'll play for thirty minutes or whatever.
就这样了。
And that was it.
我就停在那里了。
I just stopped there.
但重点是我试图让他想象,如果一切顺利,美好的一天会是什么样子,对吧?
But the point is that I'm trying to get him to imagine what a good day would look like if it unfolds, right?
强调即将发生的积极体验部分。
Emphasize the positive parts of the experience that are about to happen.
你即将做哪些你喜欢的、对你有益的事情?
What are the things that you're about to do that you enjoy or that are good for you?
带着这个故事进入这一天。
And go into the day with that story in your mind.
我认为这会增加你顺利出现的可能性,也许我们只是运气好而已。
And I think that increases the odds that you're gonna show up and, you know, maybe we just got lucky.
谁知道呢?
Who knows?
但那天他送孩子的时候状态很好。
But he had a good drop off that day.
听起来是美好的一天。
Sounds like a great day.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
听起来太棒了。
Sounds sounds awesome.
我也想这么做。
I wanna do it too.
嗯。
Yeah.
我打过一段时间棒球。
I played baseball for a while.
我打到了大学。
I played baseball through college.
当我小的时候,比如十岁、十二岁、十四岁的时候,我和爸爸会在每个赛季结束时,坐在后院的甲板上,一起回顾赛季中的精彩片段。
And when I was younger, like 10, 12, 14, my dad and I would do this thing where at the end of each season, we go and sit down in the back deck and we would kind of like replay the good parts of the season.
我们会谈论我们最好的比赛、最棒的胜利,以及我表现最好的那些时刻,或者任何进展顺利的事情。
We'd talk about our best games, the best wins, talk about either the best plays that I had had or things that went well or whatever.
他们只是想强调胜利,你知道的?
They're just trying to like emphasize the wins, you know?
所以,即使每个赛季我并不是表现最好的,甚至从来不是队里最出色的球员,但我每次结束赛季时都感觉很好。
And so I finished each season, even if it wasn't like the best season for me, I was never the best player on any team that I was on, but I finished it feeling good.
这能为你进入下一个赛季带来一点动力。
And that gives you a little bit of momentum going into the next season.
所以我认为核心问题是,无论你是提前想象还是事后复盘,你都在强调什么?
And so I think the core question, whether you're visualizing it ahead of time or rehearsing it afterward is what are you emphasizing?
我曾经听说过一个有趣的练习,你需要拿一张纸或两份文件。
There's this interesting exercise I heard of one time and you take a piece of paper or two documents.
这个游戏的唯一规则是你不能写下任何虚假的内容。
And the only rule of this game is that you can't write down anything that's false.
所以是的,你写下的每一件事都必须是真实的。
So yeah, it just has to be true if you write it down.
第一页,你要写下过去一年的故事,但这是负面版本。
The first page, you're going to write down the story of your last year, but it's the negative version.
所有发生过的糟糕事情、不如意的事,等等。
All the bad things that happened, the stuff that didn't go your way, whatever.
第二页,你要写下过去一年的故事,但这是正面版本。
The second page, you're going to write it down the story of your last year, but it's the positive version.
你所有的胜利、处理得很好的事情,也就是你最棒的日子。
All the wins you've had, the things that were worked out well, you know, your best days.
然后你看看这两张纸。
And you look at those two pieces of paper.
上面都没有谎言。
There are no lies on either one.
我想问题是,你每天更强调哪一种?
And I think the question is, which one are you emphasizing each day?
你知道吗?当你进入下一次经历时,你带着的是哪个故事?
You know, what story do you carry with you when you go into the next experience?
只要你不忽视现实,不忽略情况的真相以及你需要应对或面对的事情。
And as long as you are not ignoring reality, you know, as long as you're not ignoring the truth of the situation and what you need to manage or what you need to face.
我认为你总是应该对自己讲述更有力量的那个版本,总是带着让你感到鼓舞、有力量或积极的那一种。
I think you always want to tell yourself the more empowering one, you know, you always want to carry that version with you that makes you feel inspired or empowered or positive.
我认为这会增加你积极投入的可能性。
And that I think will increase the odds that you show up.
我不知道这是否一定会让你变得更善良,但它确实让你更有可能遇到这样的好事。
I don't know that it'll necessarily make you a kinder person, but certainly it puts you in a better position for things like that to happen.
所以我认为,你可以进行一些心理预演,让自己处于更好的状态,不仅是为了拥有美好的一天,更是为了更有可能表现出高水平。
So I think there is some mental rehearsal, let's say that you can do to put yourself in a better position to not only just have a good day, but also be more likely to perform at a high level.
到目前为止,我相信你们很多人都听过我说,我已经服用AG1十多年了。
By now, I'm sure that many of you have heard me say that I've been taking AG1 for more than a decade.
这确实是事实。
And indeed that's true.
我早在2012年就开始服用AG1,至今每天仍在服用,原因在于据我所知,AG1是市场上质量最高、成分最全面的基础营养补充剂。
The reason I started taking AG1 way back in 2012, and the reason why I still continue to take it every single day is because AG1 is to my knowledge, the highest quality and most comprehensive of the foundational nutritional supplements on the market.
这意味着它不仅含有维生素和矿物质,还包含益生菌、益生元和适应原,以弥补你饮食中的任何不足,同时为紧张的生活提供支持。
What that means is that it contains not just vitamins and minerals, but also probiotics, prebiotics, and adaptogens to cover any gaps that you might have in your diet while also providing support for a demanding life.
由于AG1含有益生菌和益生元,它还有助于维持健康的肠道菌群。
Given the probiotics and prebiotics in AG1, it also helps support a healthy gut microbiome.
肠道菌群由数万亿微小微生物组成,它们分布在你的消化道内,影响着你的免疫状态、代谢健康、激素健康以及其他诸多方面。
The gut microbiome consists of trillions of little microorganisms that line your digestive tract and impact things such as your immune status, your metabolic health, your hormone health, and much more.
坚持服用AG1有助于我的消化,增强免疫系统,并确保我的情绪和精神专注力始终处于最佳状态。
Taking AG1 consistently helps my digestion, keeps my immune system strong, and it ensures that my mood and mental focus are always at their best.
AG1现在推出了三种新口味:浆果味、柑橘味和热带味。
AG1 is now available in three new flavors, berry, citrus, and tropical.
虽然我一直很喜欢AG1的原味,尤其是加一点柠檬汁后,但我特别喜欢新的浆果味。
And while I've always loved the AG1 original flavor, especially with a bit of lemon juice added, I'm really enjoying the new berry flavor in particular.
味道非常好。
It tastes great.
不过话说回来,我确实喜欢所有口味。
But then again, I do love all the flavors.
如果你想尝试AG1和这些新口味,可以前往drinkag1.com/huberman领取特别优惠。
If you'd like to try AG1 and try these new flavors, you can go to drinkag1.com/huberman to claim a special offer.
目前,AG1正在免费赠送六份AGZ的试用装,AGZ是AG1新推出的睡眠配方,顺便说一句,它非常棒。
Right now, AG1 is giving away six free sample packs of AGZ, which is AG1's new sleep formula, which by the way is fantastic.
这是我唯一服用的睡眠补充剂。
It's the only sleep supplement I take.
它消除了我服用这么多药片的需要,我的睡眠从未如此好过。
It eliminates the need for all these pills and my sleep has never been better.
这个特别优惠包括六份免费的AGZ样品,以及三份AG1旅行装和一瓶维生素D3K2,随您的首次订阅赠送。
The special offer gives you six free samples of that AGZ, as well as three AG1 travel packs and a bottle of vitamin D3K2 with your first subscription.
只需前往drinkag1.com/huberman即可开始体验。
Just go to drinkag1.com/huberman to get started.
今天的节目还由Juve赞助。
Today's episode is also brought to us by Juve.
Juve生产医用级红光疗法设备。
Juve makes medical grade red light therapy devices.
现在,如果我在这档播客中一直强调一件事,那就是光线对我们生物学的惊人影响。
Now, if there's one thing that I have consistently emphasized on this podcast, it is the incredible impact that light can have on our biology.
除了阳光之外,红光和近红外光已被证明能对细胞和器官健康的多个方面产生积极影响,包括更快的肌肉恢复、改善皮肤健康和伤口愈合、改善痤疮、减轻疼痛和炎症,甚至提升线粒体功能和改善视力。
Now, in addition to sunlight, red light and near infrared light sources have been shown to have positive effects on improving numerous aspects of cellular and organ health, including faster muscle recovery, improved skin health and wound healing, improvements in acne, reduced pain and inflammation, even mitochondrial function and improving vision itself.
JuveLights的与众不同之处,也是我首选红光疗法设备的原因,在于它使用了经过临床验证的波长,即结合特定波长的红光和近红外光,以触发最佳的细胞适应反应。
What sets JuveLights apart and why they're my preferred red light therapy device is that they use clinically proven wavelengths, meaning specific wavelengths of red light and near infrared light in combination to trigger the optimal cellular adaptations.
我个人每周大约使用三次到四次Juve全身面板,并且在家和旅行时都会使用Juve手持灯。
Personally, I use the Juve whole body panel about three to four times a week, and I use the Juve handheld light both at home and when I travel.
如果你想尝试Juve,可以访问Juve拼写为joovv.com/huberman。
If you'd like to try Juve, you can go to Juve spelledjoovv.com/huberman.
Juve为所有Huberman Lab的听众提供独家折扣,最高可减免400美元。
Juve is offering an exclusive discount to all Huberman Lab listeners with up to $400 off Juve products.
再次提醒,访问Juve拼写为joovv.com/huberman,即可享受最高400美元优惠。
Again, that's Juve spelledjoovv.com/huberman to get up to $400 off.
我认为,如果不先想象,就很难做到自己想做的事。
I think that it's very difficult to do what one wants to do without imagining it first.
我认为人们会害怕结果不如预期。
I think people get scared that the outcome won't be what they hope for.
就像对失败的恐惧,我觉得这种恐惧是非常真实的。
Like that fear of failure pieces, I think is very real.
关于活动后的反思,我想再稍微多说一点。
The post activity reflection, just want to hover on that for a second.
大约一年前,我们做了一期关于如何最佳学习和掌握知识的节目。
About a year ago, we did an episode on how best to study and learn.
这当然与神经可塑性有关,相关文献非常明确。
And this maps of course to neuroplasticity and the literature is very straightforward.
但在过去几年里,文献中出现了一个有趣的转变,明确表明:任何我们事后进行反思的内容,我们学得更快,记得更久。
But there's this interesting shift in the literature in the last couple of years, which clearly shows that anything that we reflect on later, we learn faster and we retain longer.
这是因为大部分学习本质上是对抗遗忘。
And it's because most all of learning is anti forgetting.
这听起来太显而易见了,每次我说这句话时,都像是在玩文字游戏,但其实不是。
And that sounds so obvious, it's like a giant duh, whenever I say that, just a play on words, but no.
我的意思是,我们每天接收海量的感官信息,但大部分都会被遗忘,要么是因为无关紧要,要么就是由于某种原因无法留存。
I mean, there's all this sensory information coming in, massive amounts and we forget most of it, it's either irrelevant or it just goes through for whatever reason and doesn't stick.
当学生阅读一段文字一到两次,甚至三四次时,他们会做哪些衍生行为?
When students, for instance, would read a passage once or twice or three times or four times, and they did all the derivations of do they take notes?
他们会做笔记吗?
Do they highlight?
他们会和朋友讨论吗?等等?
Do they talk about with friends, etcetera?
有两件事能让知识真正牢固掌握。
There are two things that really make things stick.
其中之一是自我测试,也就是事后反思,比如:‘哦,我之前学过这个吗?’
And one is self testing, just reflecting later like, Oh, did I happened?
呃,我不记得了。
Ugh, I don't remember that.
不,我答错了。
No, I got that wrong.
自我评估,尤其是低压力的自我评估,对于信息的长期保留极为有效。
Incredible for self evaluation and low stakes is incredibly powerful for retaining information.
另一件事是反思发生了什么,哪些做对了,哪些做错了,这其实正是你描述的那些练习和你孩子一天经历的情况,对吧?
And the other one was just reflecting on like what happened, what went right, what went wrong, which is really what you're describing about these exercises and your kid's day, right?
这让我想起了一些关于间隔重复的文献。
It reminds me a little bit of like the spaced repetition literature.
某种程度上,反思就像是间隔重复的另一种形式。
In a way, the reflection is like another instance of the spaced repetition.
你过一段时间再回来回顾,材料就会重新浮现,这增加了你记住它的可能性。
You come back to it later and it resurfaces the material and that increases the odds that you retain it.
是的,我教过许多本科和研究生课程,包括医学生,我可以告诉你,研究生和医学生普遍很有动力,因为 stakes 很高,班级规模较小,更像是一种社群氛围。
Yeah, having taught many undergraduate and graduate courses, medical students, can tell you, well, graduate students and medical students are universally motivated because the stakes are very high, classes are smaller, there's kind of more of a like community
他们也通过了入学筛选,对吧?
around- They've also passed a filter just to get in, right?
能来到这里本身就存在选择偏差。
There's a selection bias just to be there.
本科生则因学校、课程和专业等因素而有所不同。
Undergraduates, it varies by place and course and etcetera and major, etcetera.
但不管是不是他们的专业,我并不是说不同专业的人更有或更少动力。
But whether or not it's their major or not, I'm not saying different majors are more or less motivated.
但有趣的是,大多数学生都接触到了这些信息。
But what's interesting is that most students are exposed to information.
他们可能会为考试而学习,理想情况下确实如此。
They might study for the exam, ideally they do.
而他们下次以任何具体方式被评估这些内容时,就是考试了。
And then the next time that they are evaluated on that material in any kind of concrete way is on the exam.
那些真正自我测试或主动要求练习的学生——最优秀的学生总是会要求像小测验一样的预习练习,这几乎是必然的。
And the students that actually test themselves or that ask for some, the best students always ask for like a pre quiz quiz, inevitably best performing students.
我认为这仅仅是因为他们愿意在低风险的情况下承受犯错的痛苦,尽管这依然令人难受。
And I think this is just of just being willing to feel the pain of being wrong when they're very low stakes, it still sucks.
我们都不喜欢犯错。
None of us like to be wrong.
然后你决定把它发布到网上。
It's like, And you decide to put it online.
这些内容有错吗?
Is any of this wrong?
我们已经这么做了。
We've done that.
现在,我经历过几次痛苦的经历,当时我只是随口说了错话,或者开了个玩笑,结果被当成了真事。
Now having had a few painful experiences where I just said the wrong thing in passing or made a joke that was turned into a not joke.
我学得慢,
I'm a slow learner,
需要很多反馈。
need a lot of feedback.
我的那些笑话被剪掉了,还被放大了。
I mean, were jokes I made then were cut and exerted.
这些经历足够痛苦,以至于今后我会事无巨细地反复检查一切。
Those kinds of experiences are painful enough that you check everything with a fine tooth comb going forward.
事情就是这样的。
That's the way it is.
但我认为大多数人会不惜一切代价避免这种 scrutiny。
But I think most people will do anything to avoid that kind of scrutiny.
而我认为你愿意直面这种 scrutiny,让公众来检验你。
And I think your willingness to lean into that scrutiny and just have the general public kind of test you.
这些想法在哪些地方有效?
Like where are these ideas working?
在哪些地方无效?
Where are they not working?
这非常有力,因为在那些无效的地方,你永远都不会忘记。
Is so powerful because the places where they don't work, you'll never forget.
在那些有效的地方,你也永远都不会忘记。
The places where they work, you'll never forget.
我刚听一位朋友说,她有一种完美主义倾向,现在回望自己的人生,她发现每当看到别人做某件事时,只要她觉得自己不可能做得和他们一样好。
I just heard from a friend who said that she she had kind of this like perfectionist streak and she can look back now on her life and see that if there was a moment when she saw somebody doing something and she thought, oh, I couldn't be as good at them.
或者我不会成为这方面最棒的,
As good at that as they are, or I won't be the best at that.
她就会说服自己根本不去尝试,因为你知道,而且
Then she would talk herself out of trying at all because you know, and
这简直就是反成长型思维。
It's like anti growth mindset.
对。
Right.
嗯。
Yeah.
而且我思考过这个问题,因为虽然我觉得自己早期确实有一些类似完美主义的倾向,或者说有一种强烈的愿望,一定要做对才能做好。
Well, and I thought about that because I don't feel that way even though I feel like I did, especially early on have some like, I don't know if we call it perfectionist tendencies, but just like this very high desire to do it right in order to get it right.
但我并没有因此而放弃尝试。
But I don't feel like I did that, talk myself out of it.
我于是想,为什么会这样呢?
And I thought why was that?
那里有什么不同?
What was different there?
我脑子里最常见的想法是:我可以学会这个。
And the story that was in my head most of the time was I can learn this.
所以这根本不是关于比较,对吧?
So it wasn't even about a comparison, right?
这并不是说,我能做得更好或更差。
It wasn't like, oh, I could do it better or worse.
那不是重点。
That wasn't the thing.
而是我想,我应该能弄明白这件事。
It was, oh, I think I can figure that out.
弄明白这件事会很有趣。
And it'll be interesting to figure it out.
我认为,如果你能以这种好奇心的视角来对待所有的习惯,甚至生活中的很多事情,就不会太在意失败或成功。
I think if you can approach all of your habits and maybe a lot of life with this lens of curiosity, where it's not really about failing or succeeding.
重点在于探索,尝试新事物,然后看看你能从中学会什么。
It's about reaching, you know, it's about trying something new and then seeing what you can learn from it.
这样你也会处于一个更好的位置,因为竞争固然有其作用,我也自认为是个相当有竞争力的人,但当你不把一切都变成竞争,不一开始就非得做到最好时,会更好一些,因为你很容易因为这种想法而放弃很多事情。
That puts you in a good position too, because it's a little bit less about, you know, competition has its place and I consider myself to be a fairly competitive person, But it's nice when you don't make everything about that, you know, about being the best from the start because you can talk yourself out of a lot.
哦,我同意。
Oh, I agree.
我的意思是,我不断把自己置于各种场合——无论是学术的还是物理的——在那里,我根本不可能成为最优秀的那个。
And I mean, I have continually placed myself in venues, you know, academic and physical where there's no way I was going to be the best in that environment.
完全没有可能。
Just no chance.
这纯粹是出于竞争的需要,不是和我的同事比,而是和我所在机构之外的人比,这种竞争成了推动我付出额外努力的强大动力。
It was just the fuel of needing to compete in order to not with my colleagues, but with people outside my institution like to where it's a great motivator for doing that extra mile kind of thing.
我的意思是,我想Jocko也谈过类似的观点,比如在敌人之前醒来,当你刚开始当作家时,那时的代价是高风险、高后果的。
I mean, I guess Jocko talks about this, like waking before the enemy where the stakes there right before you became a writer, the stakes were high risk high consequence.
比如你不起得更早,你的人可能就会死。
Like you don't get up earlier, like of your people might die.
那可是相当高风险、高后果的,对吧?
That was pretty high stakes high consequence, right?
所以我认为,这种额外的阻力真的能激发出人们最好的一面。
And so I think that additional friction can really bring out people's best.
我也认为,到了某个阶段,这种压力可能会变得令人痛苦,以至于我们身边的人也会因此受苦。
I also think at some point it can become painful to the point where people around us obviously can suffer.
顺便说一下,Jocko确实如此,因为我认识他的家人,他除了做那么多事情之外,还真的每天早上4:30就起床。
Jocko by the way maintains, because I know his family, beautiful family in addition to doing all that forth, he legitimately gets up at 04:30 in the morning.
我和他一起做过桑拿。
I've done sauna with him.
我当时躺在地板上,喘不过气来。
Like I was a guy down on the floor gasping for air.
这本来是个以后再讲的笑话,但他管这叫‘工厂重置’。
It was kind of a joke story for another time, but he calls it the factory reset.
他想让我经历一下工厂重置的流程,那真是残酷至极。
And he wanted to put me through the factory reset protocol and it's brutal.
真的太残酷了。
It's just brutal.
我觉得他生活在一个摩擦即是回报的世界里,但同时,奖励也来自放松——这正是我想提到的,因为那天桑拿之后,我们其他人都收工休息了,而他却去看了一场演出。
And I think that he lives in a land where the friction is the reward, but also that the rewards come from relaxation too, which is what I wanted to bring up because after the sauna that night, the rest of us packed it in for the day and he went to see a show.
我当时想,哦,他也会放松啊。
I was like, Oh, he also relaxes.
我很好奇,追求的习惯如何能被真正放松的习惯所映射。
I'm curious about how the habit of striving can be also mirrored by the habit of real true relaxation.
不是想着你必须做的事或试图去构建,而是允许这种可塑性发生,不仅仅是在睡眠中,你是一个主动放松的人吗?
Not thinking about the thing you need to do or trying to build, but allowing that maybe plasticity to take place, not just in sleep, but are you an active relaxer?
比如,你会不会说现在是时候彻底放松了?
Like do you say now is time to just completely chill?
是的。
Yeah.
我认为一旦我决定放下,我就能很好地停止。
I think I'm pretty good at shutting off once when I decide to shut off.
我记得在蒂姆·费里斯的播客上,他曾邀请过乔什·韦德。
There was a I think it was on Tim Ferriss's podcast at one point and he had Josh Wade skin on there.
乔什提到他是如何做到的。
And Josh said something about how he was doing it.
他在参加武术比赛时,实际上在场边的长凳上睡着了。
He was in a martial arts competition and he was actually asleep on the bench on the side.
他们走过来叫醒他,说:‘嘿,我们搞错了你比赛的时间。’
And they came over and woke him up and they said, hey, we got the time wrong for your event.
你实际上只剩下两分钟就要上场了。
Like you're actually up in like two minutes.
于是你从睡梦中醒来,他们做了一些赛前仪式,就像 flip the switch 一样,你立刻准备好了。
And so you like woke up out of the sleep and they did this little like pre competition ritual and just like flip the switch and was ready to go.
他谈到了能够随时启动和关闭的重要性。
And he talked about this importance of being able to turn it on and turn it off.
自从听到他这个例子后,我就一直在思考启动和关闭这个概念。
And ever since I've heard that example from him, I've been thinking more about this idea of turning it on and turning it off.
你知道,你冲刺之后就要休息。
You know, you sprint and then you rest.
这种模式在日常生活中是什么样子的?
What does that look like in daily life?
实际上我认为,首先,这有点像分形结构。
And I actually think, first of all, I think it's kind of fractal.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。