本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
欢迎来到休伯曼实验室精粹栏目,在这里我们会重温往期节目,分享那些最有效、可实操的科学工具,助力大家维护身心健康、提升各项表现。
Welcome to Huberman Lab Essentials, where we revisit past episodes for the most potent and actionable science based tools for mental health, physical health, and performance.
我是安德鲁·休伯曼,斯坦福医学院的神经生物学与眼科学教授。
I'm Andrew Huberman, and I'm a professor of neurobiology and ophthalmology at Stanford School of Medicine.
接下来,我将和这位博士展开讨论。
And now for my discussion with Doctor.
安迪·加尔平。
Andy Galpin.
欢迎你,医生、教授安迪·高尔平。
Welcome, doctor, professor, Andy Galpin.
在运动生理学领域,我足够信任的人屈指可数,大概也就三四位——只要他们开口,我不仅会认真倾听,还会调整我自己的训练方案。
There are only a handful, meaning about three or four people who I trust enough in the exercise physiology space that when they speak, I not only listen, but I modify my protocols.
而你正是那三四个人之一。
And you are among those three or four people.
我非常希望你能和我们分享,你认为绝大多数人,甚至是所有人都应该了解的力量训练原则,还有我们可以称之为增肌、提升爆发力相关的,以及其他各类训练的核心原则。
I would love to have you share with us what you think most everybody or even everybody should know about principles of strength training and principles of, let's call it hypertrophy power and the other sort of categories of training.
运动可以带来大约九种不同的适应性变化。
There's about nine different adaptations you can get from exercise.
首先值得考虑的是我们称之为技能的方面。
First one to think about is what we'll just call skill.
这包括改善高尔夫挥杆、深蹲技巧或跑步等任何动作。
So this is improving anything from say a golf swing, to a squatting technique, to running.
这仅仅是让你的身体以你希望的方式更有效地运动。
And this is just simply moving mechanically how you want your body to move.
接下来,我们将讨论速度。
From there, we're going get into speed.
也就是说,以尽可能快的速度移动。
So this is moving as fast as possible.
下一个方面是力量。
The next one is power.
力量是速度的一个函数,但同时也是下一个方面——力量的函数。
And power is a function of speed, but it's also a function of the next one, which is strength.
所以如果你把力量和速度相乘,就会得到功率。
So if you actually multiply strength by speed, you get power.
所以它们之间是有相互影响的。
So there's carryover.
因此,很多用于发展力量和功率的训练方式是相似的,但也有区别。
So like a lot of things that you would do for the development of strength and power, they are somewhat similar, but then there's differences.
一旦超越了力量,接下来在列表中的是肌肉肥大。
Once you get past strength, and the next one kind of down the list is hypertrophy.
这指的是肌肉体积,对吧?
This is muscle size, right?
增加肌肉质量是一种理解方式。
Growing muscle mass is one way to think about it.
在肌肉肥大之后,就进入了这些全局性的耐力类问题。
After hypertrophy, you get into these categories of, the next one is, these are all globally endurance based issues.
第一个就是肌肉耐力。
And the very first one is called muscular endurance.
所以这指的是你一分钟内能做多少个俯卧撑,类似这样的能力。
So this is your ability to do how many pushups can you do in one minute, you know, things like that.
超过肌肉耐力之后,你就进入了更多能量或心血管疲劳的范畴。
Past muscular endurance, you're now into more of an energetic or even cardiovascular fatigue.
你已经离开了局部肌肉,现在关注的是整个生理系统产生和维持运动的能力。
So you've left the local muscle and you're now into the entire physiological system and its ability to produce and sustain work.
你可以把这理解为我所说的无氧功率,对吧?
Think about this as, I call this anaerobic power, right?
这指的是你在大约三十秒到一两分钟内产生大量运动的能力。
So this is your ability to produce a lot of work for say thirty seconds to maybe one minute, kind of two minutes like that.
再往下一个是更接近我们所说的VO2最大值的能力。
The next one down then is more closely aligned to what we'll call your VO2 max.
这指的是你做同样事情的能力,但时间范围延长到三到十二分钟。
So this is your ability to kind of do the same thing, but more of a time domain of say three to twelve minutes.
这会达到最大心率,但远远超过单纯的最大心率。
So this is going to be a maximum heart rate, but it's going to be well past just max heart rate.
之后,就是我所说的长时耐力。
Then after that, we have what I call long duration endurance.
这是你维持运动的能力。
So this is your ability to sustain work.
时间长短并不重要,重要的是你能持续多久。
The time domain doesn't matter in terms of how fast you're going, it's how long can you sustain work.
这指的是三十分钟以上不间断的运动,类似这样。
This is thirty plus minutes of no break, like that.
所以,作为高层次的概述,这些就是你可以针对的不同方面。
So as just an high level overview, those are the different things you can target.
而且,其中一些是相互重叠的,有些甚至与其它方面有些矛盾。
And again, some of those crossover, and some are actually a little bit contrarian to the other ones.
所以,专注于一方面可能会牺牲其他方面。
So pushing towards one is maybe going to sacrifice something else.
要让所有这些都发挥作用,你需要完成一些关键事项。
There's a handful of things you have got to do to make all of those things work.
其中之一在功能上被称为渐进性超负荷。
One of them is functionally called progressive overload.
如果你想持续进步,就必须有一种超负荷的方法。
If you want to continue to improve, you have to have some method of overload.
生理上的适应是压力的副产品。
Adaptation physiologically happens as a byproduct of stress.
所以你必须给系统施加压力。
So you have to push a system.
如果你长时间继续做完全相同的训练,就别指望会有太大进步。
So if you continue to do, say, the exact same workout over time, you better not expect much improvement.
你可以维持现状,但不会增加额外的压力。
You can keep maintenance, but you're not going to be adding additional stress.
一般来说,你必须具备某种渐进性超负荷。
In general, you have to have some sort of progressive overload.
这可以通过增加重量来实现。
This could come from adding more weights.
这可以通过增加重复次数来实现。
This could come from adding more repetitions.
这可以通过每周更频繁地训练来实现。
It could come from doing it more often in the week.
这可以通过增加动作的复杂性来实现。
It could come from adding complexity to the movement.
所以进步的方式有很多,但你必须要有某种进展。
So there's a lot of different ways to progress, but you have to have some sort of movement forward.
所以如果你有一个固定的训练计划,比如周一、周三和周六,然后无限期地重复下去,你是很难取得太大进展的。
So if you have this kind of routine where you've built Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday, or something, and you just do that infinitely, you're not going to get very far.
那么对于力量和肌肉肥大来说,长期最有效的渐进超负荷原则是什么?
So what are the progressive overload principles that are most effective over time for strength and hypertrophy.
我们称之为可变因素。
You have what we call your modifiable variables.
这是一份非常简短的清单,列出了你可以在训练中调整的所有变量,这些变量的改变会影响训练效果。
So this is a very short list of all the things you can modify, the different variables within your workout that can be modified that will change the outcome.
一种更花哨的说法是,如果你以不同的方式做这件事,就会得到不同的结果。
A fancy way of saying, if you do this differently, then you're going to get a different result.
所以是可修改的变量。
So modifiable variables.
这些变量中的第一个叫做选择。
The very first one of those is called choice.
这就是你选择的锻炼动作。
So this is the exercise choice that you select.
所以如果你决定要变得更强壮,那就做卧推。
So if you choose, I want to get stronger, I'm going to do a bench press.
但如果你使用的组数、重复次数或动作速度不对,你就不会获得力量,而可能只获得肌肉耐力,力量适应性非常有限。
Well, if you do the wrong set range, the wrong repetition range, the wrong speed, you won't get strength, you maybe get muscular endurance and very little strength adaptation.
所以动作选择本身很重要,但它并不能决定适应性结果,对吧?
So the exercise selection itself is important, but it does not determine the outcome adaptation, right?
真正决定结果的是动作的执行方式。
It is the application of the exercise.
组数是多少?
What are the sets?
次数是多少?
What are the reps?
你使用的休息时间范围是多少?
What are the rest ranges that you're using?
这才是主要的决定因素。
That's going be your primary determinant.
第二个是强度。
The second one is the intensity.
在这里,它指的是并非主观感受到的努力。
And that refers to, in this context, not perceived effort.
比如,哇,这是一次非常剧烈的训练。
Like, wow, that was a really intense workout.
它严格来说,要么是你一次最大重复重量的百分比,要么是你最大心率或最大摄氧量的百分比。
It is quite literally either a percentage of your one rep at max, or a percentage of your maximum heart rate or VO2 max.
所以对于力量训练,你需要考虑你能一次性举起的最大重量的百分比。
So for the strength based things, you want to think about what's the percentage of the maximum weight I could lift one time.
这就是我们所说的单次最大重复重量。
And that's what we're to call one rep max.
或者它是你心率的百分比,对吧?
Or it's a percentage of my heart rate, right?
所以如果我让你骑自行车并进行间歇训练,要求你达到75%,我通常指的是你最大心率或最大摄氧量的75%,类似这样的指标。
So if I tell you to get on a bike and I want you do intervals, and I want you to get 75%, I'm typically referring to 75% of your max heart rate, or VO2 max, or something like that.
如果我让你做深蹲,负荷为75%,那就意味着你要使用你能一次性举起的最大重量的75%,或者接近这个数值。
If I tell you to do squats at 75%, that means 75% of the maximum amount of weight you could lift one time, or close.
第三个是所谓的训练量。
The third one is what we call volume.
这指的是你做了多少次重复和多少组?
And so this is just how many reps and how many sets are you doing?
所以如果你要做三组,每组10次,那么训练量就是30,对吧?
So if you're going to do three sets of 10, that volume would be 30, right?
五组每组五次,总量就是25。
Five sets of five, that volume is 25.
这只是一个简单的计算,你总共做了多少工作?
It's just a simple equation, how much work are you totally doing?
接下来是休息间隔。
The next one past that is called rest intervals.
这通常是指每组之间休息的时间。
So this is the amount of time you're taking in between typically a set.
然后就是进展,也就是我们之前提到的渐进超负荷。
Then from there you have progression, which is what we started to talk about this progressive overload.
你是增加重量、次数、休息时间,还是动作复杂度?
Are you increasing by weight, or reps, or rest intervals, or complexity?
所有这些都可以作为进展的方法进行调整。
All of those things can be changed as a method of progression.
也许你想从单一关节的练习开始,比如机器腿伸展,然后通过过渡到全身性动作如深蹲来逐步提升。
And so maybe you want to go progressing from a single joint exercise, like a leg extension on a machine, and you want to progress by moving to a whole body movement like a squat.
仅凭这一点,你就无需改变负荷、次数或休息时间,这本身就是渐进性超负荷的体现。
That in of itself, you don't have to change the load or the reps or the rest, that is a representation of progressive overload.
这很可能是一个很好的起点,因为首先,尤其是对于初学者,你必须确保动作模式正确。
And it's probably a pretty good place to start, because number one, especially for beginners, you want to make sure that the movement pattern is correct.
别担心强度,别担心次数范围,或这些其他因素。
Don't worry about intensity, don't worry about rep ranges, or any of these things.
你需要学会正确地运动,并给身体一些时间来发展组织耐受性,以免过度酸痛。
You need to learn to move correctly, and you need to give your body some time to develop some tissue tolerance, so that you're not getting overtly sore.
一般来说,酸痛并不是衡量锻炼质量的好指标。
In general, soreness is a terrible proxy for exercise quality.
这是一种非常糟糕的方式,来判断一次训练是好是坏,尤其是对于初学者到中等水平的人群。
It's a really bad way to estimate whether it was a good or a bad workout, especially for people in that beginner to middle to moderate.
事实上,就连我们专业运动员的理疗师,也不会把酸痛作为衡量训练效果的指标。
In fact, even the vet for our professional athletes, we do not use soreness as a metric of a good workout.
同样地,因为适应需要压力,你也不希望离开健身房时感觉‘我根本没怎么练’。
On the same token, because stress is required for adaptation, you don't want to leave at the gym and feel like, I don't really do much.
如果你只是有点酸痛,稍微动一动,觉得有点酸,那还是可以训练的。
If you're a sore of like, you're moving around a little bit, and you're like, man, is a little bit sore, you can train.
如果你连坐在沙发上都会因为臀部太酸而疼得哭出来,这种情况下,我认为你已经过度了,因为你不得不跳过一次训练。
If you're like, I can't sit on the couch without crying because my glutes are so sore, in that particular case, I'd say, you've actually gone to the place of detriment, because now you're going to have to skip a training session.
现在你就落后了。
And now you're behind.
所以你整个月的总训练量实际上会更低,因为你训练得太猛,中间不得不休息太多天。
So your actual total volume, say across the month, is actually going to be lower, because you went way too hard in those workouts, had to take too many days off in between.
你会发现在一个月、六个月,甚至一年的时间里,你完成的训练量更少了。
You're going to see that you're to cover less distance over the course of a month, or six month, or even a year.
所以你需要走一条非常精细的平衡线。
So you want to walk a pretty fine line.
对大多数人来说,我建议宁可酸痛少一点,也不要酸痛多一点。
And for most people, I would say hedge a little bit on the side of less sore than more sore.
因为频率对几乎所有适应性变化都至关重要。
Because frequency is very, very important for almost all these adaptations.
训练频率。
Training frequency.
这是最后一个可调整的变量,对吧?
Which is the last modifiable variable, right?
频率,也就是你每周做这个动作的次数?
Frequency, which is how many times per week are you doing that thing?
所以这些是我们可以调整的总体因素。
So those are kind of our global things that we can play with.
当我想要调整以实现力量增长还是肌肉肥大,或者说我想要两者兼顾时。
So when I'm trying to manipulate and you can get strength versus hypertrophy, or you know what, I want like a little bit of both.
所有这些变量都会在我脑海中浮现。
All those variables are the things that are going through my mind.
我需要调整哪一个,朝哪个方向调整,才能达成这个结果,而不是那个结果?
Which one do I need to move in which direction so that I can get this outcome and not this outcome over here?
例如,有些人可能想变强,但不想增加肌肉量。
For example, some folks might want to get stronger, but not put muscle mass on.
有些人只是想要两者兼得。
Some folks are just kind of want both.
这其实是大多数普通人的需求。
And that's a lot of the general public.
我想变得更强一点,肌肉也多一点,那就太好了。
I want to get a little stronger and a little bit more muscle, great.
但在某些情况下,人们出于表现需求或个人偏好,比如我不希望肌肉再增加,但我想变得更强。
But there are instances where people, for performance reasons or for purely personal preference, like I don't want to get any more muscle, great, but I want to get stronger.
太棒了,如果你正确调整这些变量,就能实现这一点。
Awesome, if you manipulate those variables correctly, you can get exactly that.
肌肉体积几乎没有增长,但力量却大幅提升。
Very little development of muscle size, and a lot of development in strength.
这就是为什么我们在举重和力量举等有体重级别的运动中不断打破世界纪录的原因。
And this is why we continue to break world records in sports like power lifting and weightlifting that have weight classes.
我们的体型有一个上限,但我们的力量和速度却在持续提升。
So there's a top number that we can hit in terms of body size, but yet we continue to get stronger and faster.
所以,如果你懂得如何调整这些变量,这是完全可能的。
So this is very possible if you understand how to manipulate all those variables.
我想短暂休息一下,感谢我们的赞助商LMNT。
I'd like to take a quick break and acknowledge one of our sponsors, LMNT.
LMNT是一种电解质饮料,含有你需要的一切,而没有任何不需要的成分。
LMNT is an electrolyte drink that has everything you need and nothing you don't.
也就是说,含有适量的电解质——钠、镁和钾,但不含糖。
That means the electrolytes, sodium, magnesium, and potassium in the correct amounts, but no sugar.
适当的水分补充对大脑和身体的最佳功能至关重要。
Proper hydration is critical for optimal brain and body function.
即使轻微的脱水也会降低认知和体能表现。
Even a slight degree of dehydration can diminish cognitive and physical performance.
此外,确保摄入足够的电解质也很重要。
It's also important that you get adequate electrolytes.
电解质——钠、镁和钾对身体所有细胞的功能至关重要,尤其是神经元或神经细胞。
The electrolytes, sodium, magnesium, and potassium are vital for functioning of all the cells in your body, especially your neurons or your nerve cells.
将LMNT溶解在水中,可以轻松确保你获得充足的水分和电解质。
Drinking LMNT dissolved in water makes it very easy to ensure that you're getting adequate hydration and adequate electrolytes.
为了确保摄入适量的水分和电解质,我每天早上一醒来,就把一包LMNT溶解在约475到950毫升的水中。
To make sure that I'm getting proper amounts of hydration and electrolytes, I dissolve one packet of LMNT in about 16 to 32 ounces of water when I first wake up in the morning.
我会在早上一醒来就喝掉它。
And I drink that basically first thing in the morning.
在进行任何体力活动时,我也会饮用溶解在水中的LMNT,尤其是在炎热天气下大量出汗、流失水分和电解质的时候。
I'll also drink LMNT dissolved in water during any kind of physical exercise that I'm doing, especially on hot days when I'm sweating a lot and losing water and electrolytes.
LMNT有多种美味的口味。
LMNT has a bunch of great tasting flavors.
我非常喜欢覆盆子味和柑橘味。
I love the raspberry, I love the citrus flavor.
目前,LMNT推出了一款限量版的柠檬水口味,味道绝佳。
Right now, LMNT has a limited edition lemonade flavor that is absolutely delicious.
我不太想说哪种口味最爱,但这款柠檬水口味和我其他的最爱——覆盆子或西瓜味——不相上下。
I hate to say that I love one more than all the others, but this lemonade flavor is right up there with my other one, is raspberry or watermelon.
再说一遍,我没法只选一种口味。
Again, I can't pick just one flavor.
我都喜欢。
I love them all.
如果你想尝试Element,可以访问drinkelement.com/huberman,输入drinkelement.com/huberman即可在购买任何Element饮品粉时领取一份免费的Element试用装。
If you'd like to try Element, you can go to drinkelement.com/huberman spelled drinklmnt.com/huberman, to claim a free Element sample pack with a purchase of any Element drink mix.
再次提醒,访问drinkelement.com/huberman即可领取免费试用装。
Again, that's drinkelement.com/huberman to claim a free sample pack.
我们该如何调整这些变量?
How should we modify the variables?
太棒了。
Love it.
好的,很好。
All right, great.
我关于力量与训练的另一条原则是,通常情况下,默认应让所有关节通过全部活动范围进行运动。
So one of my other laws of strength and conditioning is in general, the default is all joints through all range of motion.
这很重要,因为它将回答你在力量训练类别中的第一个问题。
So this is important because it's going to answer your very first question on this strength category.
一般来说,脚踝应该在全范围内活动。
In general, the ankle should go through the full range of motion in the ankle.
膝盖应该在全范围内活动,髋关节、肘关节等等,对吧?
The knee should go through the full range of motion in the knee, the hip, the elbow, etcetera, etcetera, right?
所以,我甚至可以说,不一定要在同一天,但也许在一周内。
So across, I would even say it doesn't even have to be the day, but maybe throughout the week.
尽量让每个关节都完成全范围活动。
Try to get every joint through full range of motion.
当我提到全范围活动时,这是默认标准。
When I say full range of motion, that's the default.
这并不意味着每个人在每个动作中都能做到这一点。
That doesn't mean every single person can do that for every single exercise.
这意味着我们应该以此为目标,并且这是我们的起点。
It means that's where we should be striving to, and that's our starting point.
你会在训练中看到更少的受伤和更高的效率。
You're going to see a lot less injury and a lot more productivity out of your training sessions.
事实上,这方面的科学依据相当明确。
In fact, the science is fairly clear on this one.
力量发展以及肌肉肥大通常在更大的训练活动范围下会得到增强。
Strength development, as well as hypertrophy, is generally enhanced with a larger range of motion of training.
所以如果你做硬拉时,为了让你的膝盖完成全幅度运动而不得不牺牲背部姿势,那就不太好了。
So if you're doing, say a deadlift, and in order to take your knee through a full range of motion, a deadlift, you have to compromise your back position, that's no bueno.
撇开这些注意事项不说,永远都要保持正确的姿势。
So caveats there aside, don't kill me, like in good positions always.
也别把自己搞伤了,
And don't kill yourselves,
是的。
Yes.
那么为什么这很重要呢?当我们讨论力量训练时,我首先要讲的是动作选择。
More So why that matters is if we walk through strength, the very first thing I'm going to go through is the exercise selection.
所以,我们选择一个理想情况下具有完整或接近完整活动范围的动作,这个动作不会让你受伤,同时你还能保持良好的颈部和下背部姿势,整体感觉舒适,让你感到有力,但又不会觉得天啊——如果你从未做过抓举,却让你直接做最大重量的抓举,哪怕只是75%的重量,那都是个糟糕的主意。
So let's choose an exercise which ideally has a full range of motion, or close to it, that doesn't induce injury for you, that you can still maintain good neck and low back and position and everything else, you feel comfortable with, so you can feel strong, but you don't feel like, oh my gosh, if you've never snatched before, having you do a snatch for a maximum, even 75%, like it's a terrible idea.
你会缺乏信心,结果肯定会一团糟。
You're not going to feel confident it's going be a train wreck.
我宁愿让你用器械做卧推。
I would rather put you on a machine bench press.
这样你会感觉稳定、安全,能够充分释放你的力量。
So you can go, I feel stable, I feel safe here, and I could just express my strength.
总的来说,动作选择要尽量包含完整活动范围。
So exercise choice in general, full range of motion.
你还需要在不同动作区域之间取得平衡。
And you want to kind of balance between the movement areas.
这是一个上肢推举动作。
So this is an upper body press.
这是远离身体的推的动作,比如卧推之类的。
So this is pushing away from you, bench press, things like that.
上身拉力动作,将器械拉向自己。
Upper body pull, pulling an implement towards you.
俯身划船、引体向上。
Bent row, pull up.
推举动作应包括水平方向(与身体垂直)和垂直方向。
The pressing should be horizontal, so perpendicular to your body, as well as vertical.
这就是将重量举过头顶,远离身体的动作。
So this is lifting a weight over top of your head, lifting away from you.
拉力动作包括水平拉向自己和垂直向下拉,比如引体向上等。
The pull version is pulling horizontally to you and pulling vertically down, pull up, things like that.
所以如果你要做一次单一训练,可以选择四个动作。
So if you're going to do a single workout, you could choose four exercises.
你可以各选一个。
And you could choose one of each.
一个上身推举,一个上身拉力,一个下身铰链,一个下身推举。
One press, upper body press, one upper body pull, one lower body hinge, one lower body press.
这样就是一个相当全面的锻炼了。
And that would be like a decently well rounded exercise.
这就是你的动作选择。
That's your exercise selection.
如果你能用完整的活动范围完成这些动作,那就已经很不错了,接近最佳状态了。
And if you're taking those through a full range of motion, you're in a pretty good spot, as close as you can.
下一个因素是强度。
The next one is intensity.
如果你想发展力量,就需要达到一定的神经募集阈值才能让神经元激活。
So if you want to develop strength, there's a certain recruitment threshold needed for neurons to fire.
我们的肌肉纤维分为快肌纤维和慢肌纤维。
And we have muscle fibers in what we call fast twitch muscle fibers and slow twitch muscle fibers.
通常来说,你会先激活慢肌纤维,因为它们通常与低阈值的运动神经元相关。
And in general, you're going to activate the slow twitch ones first, because they tend to be associated with low threshold motor neurons.
实际情况并不完全如此,但差不多就是这样,对吧?
It's not exactly that way, but it's close enough, right?
唯一能激活这些高阈值神经元的方法,就是要求肌肉产生更大的力量。
Well, the only way that you activate some of these higher threshold neurons is to demand the muscle to produce more force.
总的来说,要利用这些对衰老至关重要的大量肌纤维,唯一的方法是——顺便说一句,我们衰老过程中肌肉相关问题的主要原因之一,就是我们优先丢失了快肌纤维。
So in general, the only way to use these big chunks of your muscle, which are incredibly important for aging, by the way, one of the major problems we have with aging developing, or development of aging related issues with muscle is the fact that we lose fast switch fibers preferentially.
随着年龄增长,我们会遇到严重问题,因为我们失去了很大一部分力量和肌肉体积。
And then we have major problems as we go down the line, because we've lost a big chunk of our strength and size.
因此,你需要确保这些肌纤维保持活跃和完整。
So you want to make sure these fibers stay alive and intact.
既然如此,发展力量的唯一方法就是让肌肉承受更大的总负荷。
So if that being said, the only way to develop strength is then to challenge the muscle to produce more total force.
所以,如果你想变得更强壮,你需要施加力量上的挑战,而不是重复次数。
So if you want to get stronger, you need to impose a demand of strength, not repetitions.
因此,负荷必须非常高。
So this has to be, the load has to be very high.
一般来说,你可能需要达到最大力量的85%以上。
In general, you're probably looking at above 85% of your winner at max.
如果你中等训练水平,可能是75%。
If you're moderately trained, maybe 75%.
由于强度要求很高,这会迫使你采用低重复次数的训练。
So because the intensity demand is so high, that is going to force you to do a low repetition range.
你不可能在95%的强度下做12次重复。
You can't do 12 reps at 95%.
那样就不是95%的一次最大重复重量了。
Then it wouldn't be 95% of your one rep max.
因此,严格来说,真正的力量训练每次组数通常在5次或更少的范围内。
So by definition, true strength training is really going to be in like five repetitions per set or less range.
我们已经讨论了选择、强度和重复次数,对吧?
So we've covered choice, intensity, and repetitions, right?
你做的总组数主要取决于你的个人体能水平,对吧?
The total amount of sets that you do is really kind of up to your personal fitness level, right?
如果你每个动作只做三组,那可能就足够了。
If you did as little as like three sets per exercise, that's probably enough.
训练组。
Work sets.
完全正确,确实是训练组,对吧。
Totally, yeah, totally work sets, right.
所以要充分热身,逐步提升到85%的强度。
So get fully warmed up and build up to that 85%.
不要一进健身房就直接上85%的重量,做几下就完事了。
Don't just walk into the gym and throw 85% on and go, thank you.
这是一个重要的区别。
That's an important distinction.
一个经典的热身方式是:先做一组10次、50%的重量,然后一组8次、60%的重量,再做一组8次、70%的重量,接着可能做一组5次、75%的重量。
A very classic warmup thing would be like a set of 10 at 50%, a set of eight at 60%, a set of maybe eight again at 70%, and then maybe like a set of five at 75%.
所以是两到三或四组,逐步增加强度,同时减少重复次数。
So two or three or four sets kind of building intensity and lowering the rep range.
然后你再进行你的两到三组训练组。
And then you would go after your two or three working sets.
此外,就休息时间而言,力量的主要驱动因素是强度。
Also, in terms of rest intervals, the primary driver of strength is intensity.
而不是容量,对吧?
It's not the volume, right?
是强度。
It's the intensity.
因此,为了维持强度,必须采用低重复次数。
So in order to maintain that, have to do a low repetition range.
但此外,我们还需要较长的休息时间。
But in addition, we also have to have a high rest interval.
因为如果产生任何疲劳,我们就不得不减少重复次数或降低强度,那就失去了主要驱动因素。
Because if we have any amount of fatigue incur, and we have to then either reduce the reps or reduce the intensity, we've lost the primary driver.
我们失去了这个主要信号。
We've lost that main signal.
因此,我们通常建议的休息时间是两到四分钟。
So the number we're going to throw out typically is like two to four minutes.
想象一下,你做了卧推,做了五次,重量是85%。
So imagine you did, you know, your set of bench press and you did five repetitions at 85%.
在回到卧推之前,你可能需要休息两到四分钟。
You probably want to rest two to four minutes before coming back to the bench.
这并不意味着你得坐在那儿玩手机。
That doesn't mean you have to sit there on your phone.
事实上,千万别这么做。
Like act of fact, please don't.
每个人都会感谢你没这么做,我向你保证。
Like everyone will thank you for not doing that, I promise.
你可以活动其他肌群。
You can engage other muscle groups.
这被称为超级组。
This is what we call super setting.
当你做卧推时,在胸部休息的这两分钟里,你可以去练硬拉。
So you're doing your bench press, and while that two minute clock is running for your chest to rest, you can go over and do your deadlifts.
你可以来回交替进行,这样就能让力量训练不再变成七小时的漫长 workout。
You can kind of move back and forth, and this is how you can make strength training not seven hour workout.
如果你是职业运动员,你会花这段时间,因为你希望最大化训练效果。
If you're a professional athlete, you're going to take that time, because you want to maximize the outcome.
我们实验室其实也做过这种训练。
We've done this actually in our lab too.
超级组会略微降低力量增长,但幅度非常小。
Supersets will reduce the strength gains, but by a tiny amount.
而对我们大多数人来说,这点损失根本不算什么,毕竟它能让你的训练时间缩短三分之二。
And most of us don't care enough relative to it's going to triple the length of your training session.
这不值得这么做。
It's not worth it.
所以对于普通人,我会告诉他们:是的,用超级组。
So for the average person, will tell them, Yeah, superset.
但对于那些想打破举重或力量举世界纪录的人,别用超级组。
For someone who's trying to break a world record in weightlifting or powerlifting, don't superset.
正如你们许多人知道的,我已经服用AG1将近十五年了。
As many of you know, I've been taking AG1 for nearly fifteen years now.
我早在2012年就发现了它,那时我还没开始做播客,但从那以后我每天都坚持服用。
I discovered it way back in 2012, long before I ever had a podcast, and I've been taking it every day since.
我开始服用AG1的原因,也是我至今仍在服用的原因,是因为据我所知,AG1是市场上质量最高、成分最全面的基础营养补充剂。
The reason I started taking it and the reason I still take it is because AG1 is to my knowledge, the highest quality and most comprehensive of the foundational nutritional supplements on the market.
它将维生素、矿物质、益生元、益生菌和适应原融合在单一勺子中,易于饮用且口感很好。
It combines vitamins, minerals, prebiotics, probiotics, and adaptogens into a single scoop that's easy to drink and it tastes great.
它的设计旨在支持肠道健康、免疫健康和整体能量水平。
It's designed to support things like gut health, immune health, and overall energy.
它通过帮助填补你日常饮食中可能存在的营养缺口来实现这一点。
And it does so by helping to fill any gaps you might have in your daily nutrition.
当然,每个人都应该努力摄入营养丰富的天然食物。
Now, of course, everyone should strive to eat nutritious whole foods.
我每天确实都这么做,但人们经常问我,如果你只能选择一种补充剂,你会选哪一种?
I certainly do that every day, but I'm often asked if you could take just one supplement, what would that supplement be?
我的答案始终是AG1,因为它对支持我的身体健康、心理健康和表现至关重要。
And my answer is always AG1 because it has just been oh, so critical to supporting all aspects of my physical health, mental health, and performance.
这是我个人使用AG1的经验,我也不断听到其他每天使用AG1的人有同样的感受。
I know this from my own experience with AG1, and I continually hear this from other people who use AG1 daily.
如果你想尝试AG1,可以前往drinkag1.com/huberman获取特别优惠。
If you would like to try AG1, you can go to drinkag1.com/huberman to get a special offer.
限时优惠期间,AG1会免费赠送六份旅行装AG1以及一瓶维生素D3K2,随你的订阅一起提供。
For a limited time, AG1 is giving away six free travel packs of AG1 and a bottle of vitamin D3K2 with your subscription.
再次提醒,前往drinkag1.com/huberman,即可获得六份免费旅行装AG1和一瓶维生素D3K2,随你的订阅赠送。
Again, that's drinkag1 with the numeral 1.com/huberman to get six free travel packs and a bottle of vitamin D3K2 with your subscription.
一个人应该多久训练一次肌肉?
How often can and should one train a muscle?
你如何判断某块肌肉是否已经局部恢复?
And how do you know if a muscle is recovered locally?
你如何判断你的神经系统是否已经全身恢复?
And how do you know if your nervous system is recovered systemically?
其中一个问题是,你训练的目的是什么?
One of the questions is, well, what are you training for?
如果你是为了增肌,也就是肌肉体积和肌肉生长,那么我们需要侧重于恢复。
If you're training for hypertrophy, right, muscle size, muscle growth, we need to hedge towards recovery.
因为你试图做的,是造成强烈的刺激,然后让蛋白质合成发生,构建新组织,这个过程需要时间,至少需要48到72小时,这个过程必须完成。
Because what you're trying to do is cause a massive insult there, allow then protein synthesis to occur, building of new tissue, which takes time, forty eight to seventy two hours, like kind of at a minimum, that process needs to occur.
如果你主要练的是力量,力量训练并不会引起太多酸痛。
If you're doing actually more strength, strength is not going to cause a lot of soreness.
因此,强度才是关键,所以训练频率可以尽可能高。
Therefore, intensity is the driver, therefore frequency can be as high as you want.
因此,如果速度、力量或爆发力是主要的训练目标,你可以每天训练同一个肌肉群。
So you can train every single day the same exact muscle if speed or power or strength are the primary training tools.
但如果你想让收缩蛋白得以增加和生长,你就必须留出恢复时间。
But if you want to allow for that process of contractile proteins to add and grow, then you're going have to allow some recovery.
因为如果你过早地再次训练那个肌肉,你会抑制反应,阻止它,甚至中断它。
Because if you go back into that muscle too soon, you're going to blunt the response, you're going to stop it, you're going to cut it off.
细胞内会引发各种问题,从而削弱这种生长反应。
You have all kinds of problems going on in the cell that are going to just attenuate that growth response.
因此,对于增肌来说,疼痛水平最好控制在10分中的3分以下,就可以再次训练。
So the answer for hypertrophy is probably less than three out of 10 on level of soreness, you can go again.
一般来说,72小时是最理想的恢复窗口。
In general, you're probably looking at seventy two hours is the optimal window.
所以如果你周一练了肩膀,周二就不该再练它们。
So if you trained your shoulders on Monday, you probably would don't want to train them again on Tuesday.
如果目标是增肌,那么周三或周四可能是最佳选择。
If hypertrophy is the goal, maybe Wednesday, maybe Thursday's best.
因此,每两到三天训练一次的频率可能是合适的,而我们现在对背后的原因有了更多了解。
So something like an every two to three day window is probably, and we know a little bit more now about why that is.
基因级联和信号反应会发生,信号几乎是瞬间启动的,对吧?
The gene cascade, the signaling response happens, well the signaling happens instantaneously, right?
在几秒钟内。
Within seconds.
基因级联反应可能在四小时窗口内达到峰值,具体取决于你关注的是哪个基因,但这只是个瞬间快照。
The gene cascade is probably in the peaked in the four hour window, like depending on which gene you want to look at, but it's just kind of a snapshot.
但蛋白质合成过程持续24到48小时。
But the protein synthesis process is twenty four to forty eight hour thing.
因此,这看起来就像是:让这个过程完成,让信号回归基线,然后再一次刺激,再刺激一次。
And so it tends to kind of look like, let that thing finish and let that signal go back to baseline, and then hit it again, and then hit it again.
只要提供足够的营养,恢复就会发生,你就能在训练中保持相同的运动输出。
And now as long as you're providing the nutrients, the recovery should happen, and you should be able to sustain the same work output in the training session.
因此,刺激保持高水平,恢复也到位,你就能持续增长肌肉。
So the stimulus stays high, and the recovery's there, and you can now continue to grow muscle.
如果训练计划、生活方式等因素导致某人,比如按你的例子,周一训练了肩膀,理论上他们应该在周四再次训练——也就是周三或周四之间,但他们没有。
What if the training split, lifestyle factors, etcetera, somebody, say, let's use your example, trains shoulders on Monday, ideally they would train them again on Thursday in their particular instance, somewhere Wednesday or Thursday, but they don't.
他们一直等到周六或周日,无论出于什么原因。
They wait until Saturday or Sunday for whatever reason.
也许这样更符合他们的工作和其他锻炼安排。
Maybe it's more compatible with their work, work and other exercise schedule.
他们实际上是在失去已经获得的肌肉增长,还是只是错失了进一步促进肌肉增长的机会?
Are they actually losing hypertrophy that they gained, or they've missed a window to induce further hypertrophy?
最好从后一种角度来理解。
It's probably better to think about it the latter.
并不是你失去了什么,而是你只是错失了取得更多进展的机会。
It's not that you've lost, it's just you've just kind of lost an opportunity to make more progress.
如果你希望在每个肌群之间间隔五天或六天,也是可以的。
If you want to take five days or six days in between each muscle group, you can do that.
事实上,如果你查看研究,会发现频率可以适应变化,只要总训练量保持不变。
In fact, if you look at the research, it's going to show that frequency, it can handle changes, as long as you get to the same total volume.
所以你可以这么做。
So you can do that.
你只需要在单次训练中完成更多的训练量。
You just have to do a lot more work in that one workout.
将增肌训练分割成较少的次数,比如每周一次或两次,挑战在于很难达到所需的训练量。
The challenge with splitting up your training sessions for hypertrophy into smaller numbers, like once or twice a week, it's just difficult to get that number.
要完成这么多容量是很困难的。
It's difficult to get that volume done.
从容量角度来看,最新的元分析表明,每周每个肌群大约需要10组训练。
Volume wise, the more recent meta analyses are going to say that you're probably looking at around 10 working sets per muscle group per week.
这似乎是你要达到的最低阈值。
Seems to be kind of the minimum threshold that you're going to want to hit.
所以如果你周一练肩部3组×10次,周三练肩部3组×10次,周五再练3组。
So if you did three sets of 10 at your shoulders on Monday, three sets of 10 shoulders Wednesday, and three on Friday.
那就是9组有效训练。
That's nine working sets.
问题是,10组只是最低要求。
The problem is 10 is kind of the minimum.
你可能需要瞄准15到20组,事实上,对于训练有素的人,20到25组才更合适。
You probably want to look for more like 15 to 20, and in fact, well trained folks, twenty, twenty five.
但在单次训练中完成这么多会非常具有挑战性。
That becomes very challenging in one workout.
事实上,实际上你是做不到的,对吧?
In fact, defuncto, you're not going to be able to do it, right?
所以问题就在这里,真正让你吃不消的不是训练频率,而是你必须完成足够的量,因为力量增长的主要驱动因素是强度,而肌肉肥大的主要驱动因素是容量。
And so that is where, it's not frequency that looks like it kills you, it's just the fact you have got to get, because the total driver of strength is intensity, but the total driver of hypertrophy is volume.
前提是你要做到力竭,对吧?
Assumes you're taking it to fatigue, right, or muscular failure.
所以要完成足够的量真的很难。
So it's just tough to get enough done.
对于肌肉肥大——当然。
For hypertrophy- Sure.
有效的重复次数范围是多少?
What are the repetition ranges that are effective?
如果想最大化其他一些变量,哪些范围最有效?
And what are the ones that are most effective if one is trying to maximize some of the other variables?
比如,人们不想花超过一小时到七十五分钟,简短的回答是
Like people don't want to spend more than an hour to seventy five Really, the minutes in the quick answer there
每组5到30次重复都可以。
is anywhere between like five to 30 reps per set.
文献中几乎显示这些范围的增肌效果相当。
That's going to show across the literature pretty much equal hypertrophy gains.
但我刚刚想起一件事。
But I'm just remembering one thing from a second ago.
我想对训练频率给出一个更好的回答。
I want to give a better answer for the frequency.
对于力量训练,你可以每天都练。
You can do every single day for strength.
不过,如果想知道最低有效频率,那就是每周每块肌肉训练两次。
If you want though, like what's probably minimally viable, two, twice per week per muscle.
比如腘绳肌,力量训练每周两次。
So hamstrings, strength twice per week.
这个频率能帮助大多数人变得非常强壮。
That's a good number to get most people really strong.
好的。
Okay.
你可以每天都练。
You can do every single day.
但其实没必要。
You don't need to though.
我想确保一点,我并不是说你必须每天训练肌肉85%才能变得强壮。
So I want to make sure that, like I wasn't saying you have to train a muscle 85% every single day to get it strong.
每周两次是个不错的数字。
Two is a good number.
每周三次很好,但即使每周两次也已经非常有效了。
Three is great, but probably even two is really effective.
说到增肌训练,我通常的解释是,这方法非常简单易行。
When it comes to hypertrophy training, the way I like to explain it is it's kind of idiot proof.
训练计划非常简单易行。
The programming is idiot proof.
但这项工作确实很辛苦。
The work is hard though.
所以这就是你的范围。
So here's your range.
大概在5次到30次之间都可以。
Anywhere between, you know, five reps and 30.
你能在这个范围内完成吗?
Like can you hit somewhere in there?
完美。
Perfect.
所有这些都同样有效。
It's all equally effective.
你不可能搞砸。
You can't screw that up.
关于增肌的唯一注意事项是,你必须做到肌肉力竭。
The only caveat for hypertrophy is you have to take it to muscular failure.
展开剩余字幕(还有 209 条)
你需要足够的休息,以便身体能够适应并进行蛋白质合成。
And you need enough rest for the adaptation and protein synthesis to occur.
是的。
Yep.
对。
Yeah.
没错,如果你恢复得快,也许可以更频繁地训练。
Right, and if you recover faster, you can maybe do it more frequently.
如果你恢复得慢,那就少练几次。
And if you don't, maybe less frequently.
人们或许应该尝试一下,找出哪种重复次数范围能让自己在可稳定坚持的训练频率下良好恢复。
Should people perhaps experiment and figure out what repetition range allows them to recover in concert with the training frequency that they can do consistently.
我的建议是,我认为你应该把重复次数范围当作一种变化的方式。
My recommendation is, I think you should actually use the repetition range as a way to have some variation.
因为大多数人并不想进健身房每次都做三组10次。
Because most people don't want to go in the gym and do three sets of 10.
他们会很快感到非常无聊。
They're going to get very bored very quickly.
所以我认为你应该有意识地改变重复次数,只是为了增加趣味性。
And so I think you should actually intentionally change the rep schemes for simple sake of having more fun.
这是一个完全不同的挑战。
It is a very different challenge.
导致肌肉肥大的机制是不同的,但一个人能获得的最大增长量是有限的,对吧?
The mechanisms that are inducing hypertrophy are different, but there's only a maximum amount of growth that one can get, right?
但最可能的三个驱动因素是:第一,代谢压力;第二,机械张力;第三,肌肉损伤。
But the three most likely drivers are one, metabolic stress, two, mechanical tension, and then three, muscular damage.
你不需要同时具备所有三个因素。
You don't have to have all three.
有一个就足够了。
One is sufficient.
你可以稍微具备其中一两个因素,然后让它们在这里发挥作用。
You can have a little bit of one or two, and you can kind of So you get it to play here.
我们已经讨论过肌肉损伤了。
We've already talked about the muscular damage.
再次强调,损伤越多并不越好。
Again, it's very clear, more damage is not better.
但它确实是一个还算不错的指标,对吧?
But it is somewhat a decent proxy, right?
比如,轻微的酸痛是有好处的。
Like again, a little bit of soreness is good.
但别痛到影响了你的总训练量,对吧?
Just don't get so sore, it's compromising your total volume, right?
机械张力有点类似于力量。
Mechanical tension is kind of like strength.
这就是为什么如果你做5次或8次的组数,并且接近力量训练的强度范围,你就能获得一些肌肉。
And this is why if you do even sets of five or eight, and you're kind of close to that strength range, you will gain a little bit of muscle.
这并不是最优的肌肉增长方式,但你确实会获得一些,因为生理机制并不会在4次就戛然而止,然后5次就变成完全不同的事情,对吧?
It's not optimal muscle gain, but you're going to gain some because everything of these, like physiology doesn't cut off at four reps, and then five reps is a different thing, right?
这始终是一种混合。
It's always a blend.
所以把它想象成一条逐渐衰减的曲线。
So think of it as like a fading curve.
当你接近末端时,效果会减弱。
As you get closer to the end, it fades less effective.
当你接近中间时,效果更强。
As you get closer to the middle, it's more effective.
每组8到30次重复之间,效果是同等的。
Anywhere between eight reps per set to 30, it's equally effective.
超过30次,效果就会减弱。
Past 30, it's going to blend out.
从8次降到5次、4次、3次,效果也会逐渐减弱。
Past eight to five to four to three, it's going to blend you know, lesser there.
所以机械张力是那种较重的。
So mechanical tension is the one that's heavy.
肌肉损伤是另一个因素。
Muscle damage is other one.
第三个是代谢压力。
The third one is metabolic stress.
这一点我有点争议,但确实存在一些东西。
And this is, I get a bit of an area of scientific contention, but something's there.
我知道确实存在一些东西。
I know something's there.
我们只是在摸索,试图弄清楚它到底是什么。
We're just kind of fumbling to figure out what exactly it is.
代谢压力就是那种灼烧感,对吧?
And this is, metabolic stress is the burn, right?
它确实存在。
It's there.
所以你希望训练到力竭,但不需要达到极端力竭。
So you want to train to failure, but you don't need to go to extreme failure.
所以你不一定需要别人帮你从胸口抬起杠铃,但你必须接近力竭。
So you don't need to necessarily go to that like, a partner has to lift the barbell off my chest, but you have to get close.
我想短暂休息一下,感谢我们的赞助商Eight Sleep。
I'd like to take a quick break and acknowledge our sponsor, Eight Sleep.
Eight Sleep生产智能床垫罩,具备制冷、加热和睡眠追踪功能。
Eight Sleep makes smart mattress covers with cooling, heating, and sleep tracking capacity.
确保你获得良好睡眠的最佳方法之一,是让睡眠环境的温度保持适宜。
One of the best ways to ensure you get a great night's sleep is to make sure that the temperature of your sleeping environment is correct.
这是因为,为了入睡并保持深度睡眠,你的体温实际上需要下降约一到三摄氏度。
And that's because in order to fall asleep and stay deeply asleep, your body temperature actually has to drop by about one to three degrees.
而为了醒来时感觉神清气爽、精力充沛,你的体温则需要上升约一到三摄氏度。
And in order to wake up feeling refreshed and energized, your body temperature actually has to increase by about one to three degrees.
Eight Sleep会根据你的个人需求,在整夜自动调节床垫的温度。
Eight Sleep automatically regulates the temperature of your bed throughout the night according to your unique needs.
我几乎已经使用Eight Sleep床垫罩五年了,它彻底改变了我的睡眠质量。
I've been sleeping on an Eight Sleep mattress cover for nearly five years now, and it has completely transformed and improved the quality of my sleep.
最新的Eight Sleep型号是Pod five。
The latest Eight Sleep model is the Pod five.
我现在睡的就是这个,我非常喜欢。
This is what I'm now sleeping on and I absolutely love it.
它拥有许多令人惊叹的功能。
It has so many incredible features.
例如,Pod five有一个名为自动巡航的功能,这是一个AI引擎,能够学习你的睡眠模式,并在不同的睡眠阶段调节你的睡眠环境温度。
For instance, the Pod five has a feature called autopilot, which is an AI engine that learns your sleep patterns and then adjusts the temperature of your sleeping environment across different sleep stages.
如果你打鼾,它甚至会抬高你的头部,并进行其他调整以优化你的睡眠。
It'll even elevate your head if you're snoring and it makes other shifts to optimize your sleep.
如果你想尝试Eight Sleep,请访问eightsleep.com/huberman,可享受新款Pod five最高350美元的折扣。
If you'd like to try Eight Sleep, go to eightsleep.com/huberman to get up to $350 off the new Pod five.
Eight Sleep销往全球许多国家,包括墨西哥和阿联酋。
Eight Sleep ships to many countries worldwide, including Mexico and The UAE.
再次提醒,访问eightsleep.com/huberman可节省高达350美元。如果你愿意,可以提供一些训练组和重复参数作为给希望深入探索者的广泛指导。
Again, that's eightsleep.com/huberman to save up to $350 If you'd be willing to throw out a few sort of sets and rep parameters that could act as broad guidelines for people who want to explore further.
最快的回答就是我所谓的
Really fast answer is what I just call the
三到五法则,好吗?
three to five concept, all right?
所以选择三到五项运动。
So pick three to five exercises.
如果你那天感觉更好,就选上限。
If you're feeling better that day, choose on the higher end.
如果你那天感觉差一点,或者训练时间较短,就少做一些。
If you're feeling less that day, or you have a shorter timeframe to train, go less.
所以是三到五项运动。
So three to five exercises.
做三到五次重复,三到五组。
Do three to five reps, three to five sets.
组间休息三到五分钟,每周进行三到五次。
Take three to five minutes rest in between, and do it three to five times a week.
所以这可以少至每周三次,每次三个动作,每个动作做三组。
So that can be as little as three sets of three for three exercises, three times a week.
这相当于每周三次、每次二十分钟的锻炼。
That's a twenty minute workout three times a week.
也可以多至每周五天,每天五个动作,每个动作做五组。
It can be as high as five sets of five, for five exercises five days a week.
因此,这个范围非常宽泛,能让人们在保持力量和爆发力训练的同时,还能根据自己的生活方式、疲劳感、时间等因素灵活调整。
So it's very broad and allows people to still stay within the domains of strength and power, while still being able to move and contour toward their lifestyle and soreness and time and all those things.
在爆发力和力量之间,唯一需要关注的区别是强度。
The only differentiator to pay attention to between power and strength is intensity.
所以,如果你想练力量,那么现在就要达到最大重量的85%以上,对吧?
So if you want strength, this is now 85% plus of your max, right?
如果你想练爆发力,就需要用轻得多的重量,因为你需要更偏向于速度这一端,因为爆发力是力量乘以速度。
If you want power, it needs to be a lot lighter, because you need to move more towards the velocity of the spectrum, because power is strength multiplied by speed.
因此,虽然变强本身有助于提升爆发力,但你可能更应该把大部分时间花在40%到70%的重量区间内,大概如此。
So while getting stronger, by definition, can help power, you probably want to spend more of your time in the 40% to 70% range, like plus or minus.
就这样了。
So that's it.
从概念上讲,这两种方式都能覆盖其他所有方面。
Both of them conceptually, they'll work everything else.
动作、次数、频率这些都可以保持在三到五的范围内。
The exercise, the reps, the frequency, all that can be still in the three to five range.
只需根据你想要的结果调整强度即可。
Just change the intensity depending on which outcome you want.
神经系统在神经控制肌肉纤维收缩的层面显然起着重要作用。
The nervous system obviously plays an important role at the level of nerves controlling the contraction of muscle fibers.
但当然,我们还有上运动神经元,它们位于大脑中,控制着支配肌肉的下运动神经元。
But of course, we have these upper motor neurons, which are the ones that reside in our brain that control the lower motor neurons that control muscle.
是的。
Yeah.
这就把我们带入了在特定动作中大脑状态的领域。
This takes us into the realm of where the mind is at during a particular movement.
我可以想象进行主要专注于力量或主要专注于肌肉肥大的训练。
I can imagine doing workouts that are mainly focused on strength or mainly focused on hypertrophy.
在力量训练的情况下,我是否在试图举起重量?
And in the case of strength, am I trying to move weights?
当我目标是肌肉肥大时,我是否在试图‘挑战’肌肉?
And when I'm trying to generate hypertrophy, am I trying to quote unquote challenge muscles?
这种微妙的心理转变会改变神经纤维的募集模式。
That subtle mental shift changes the patterns of nerve fiber recruitment.
那么我们可以说,为了增强力量,专注于移动重量,同时保持正确的姿势和安全;为了获得肌肉肥大,专注于挑战肌肉,同样保持正确的姿势和安全。
So can we say to get stronger, focus on moving weights, still with proper form and safely, and to get hypertrophy, focus on challenging muscles, still with proper form and safely.
意图对两者都很重要。
Intentionality matters for both.
换句话说,如果看看关于力量发展和速度发展的一些有趣研究,移动的意图实际上比实际的运动速度更重要。
In other words, if you look at some interesting science that's been done on power development and speed development, The intent to move is actually more important than the actual movement velocity.
所以,如果你在进行力量或爆发力训练时,只是勉强把杠铃举起来,那么力量的提升会比你以完全相同的速度移动,但意图是更快移动时要少。
So if you're doing, say something for power or strength, and you're doing just enough to get the bar up, that will result in less improvements in strength than even if you're moving at the exact same speed, but you're intending to move faster.
这就是为什么优秀教练很重要的原因之一。
And this is one of the reasons why good coaching matters.
所以,如果你在指导运动员进行力量训练时,他们只是勉强举起50%的一次最大重量,那么这种做法带来的速度提升效果,远不如他们竭尽全力快速推动杠铃时的效果,即使最终杠铃的移动速度完全相同。
So if you're coaching an athlete through a power workout especially, and they're doing enough to just lift 50% of their one rep max, It's not going to generate as much speed development as them trying to move that bar as fast as they can, even if the net result is the same barbell velocity.
事实证明,神经系统的参与至关重要。
Turns out nerves matter.
即使杠铃移动的速度和重量完全相同,但若我内心的想法是‘我要尽可能快地移动它’,而不是‘我只是想把杠铃举起来就行’,我所获得的效果也会截然不同。
Even if the bar is moving at the same speed, same weight, if my internal representation, my thoughts are, I'm trying to move this as fast as possible, versus I'm just trying to get the bar away from me and get the weight up, I'm going to get different outcomes.
是的,这关乎训练的质量,对吧?
Yep, this is quality of work, right?
你是仅仅为了完成任务而勉强达标,还是真正追求身体的适应性改变?
This is, did you do enough to just check off the box, or did you actually strive for adaptation, right?
类似的概念也适用于肌肉肥大训练,最近有几项研究探讨了我们所说的‘意念-肌肉连接’。
Similar concept actually works for hypertrophy, in terms of, there is a handful of very recent studies that have looked at what we'll call the mind muscle connection.
比如,想象一个二头肌弯举的动作。
And this is doing things like, imagine a bicep curl.
你要做的只是注视并观察自己的肱二头肌,同时想着要更用力地收缩这块肌肉。
And you're simply looking at and watching your biceps, and you're thinking about contracting it harder.
哪怕你完成的每组次数、训练强度完全一致,初步研究结果都表明,建立心身联动能比不这么做带来更可观的肌肉增长。
Even though you execute the same repetitions at the same exact intensity, initial indications are the mind body connection are going to result in more growth than not.
我认为花时间完成更高质量的训练、训练时更专注投入、全身心参与,绝对比只是机械走完一遍训练流程有价值得多。
I think it's very much worth your time to do a higher quality training session, be more intentional, be present, than just executing the same exact workout.
我觉得这件事对你的好处是显而易见的。
I think that's globally very clear to be to your advantage.
所以如果你心里想,那个,我今天不想健身。
So if you're thinking, look, I'm going to, like I don't want to work out today.
我手头一堆事要处理,或者我太累了之类的。
I got all this going on, or I'm tired or whatever.
但我还是得硬着头皮把这套训练做完,熬过去就算了。
I'm just going to do the workout anyways and get through it.
行吧。
Okay.
如果你能想明白,不如从这里面砍掉十五分钟。
If you can go, you know what though, like I'm going to cut fifteen minutes out of this thing.
我要调整好自己的状态。
I'm going to get my head right.
我要完成二十分钟高质量的训练。
I'm going go get twenty minutes of quality work done.
这绝对是你的最佳选择。
That's your best option by far.
人们有没有办法随着时间推移,更有效地激活特定肌群,以促进肌肉增长或力量提升,或者在应对受伤风险、伤后恢复或肌力不平衡时?是的,情况确实不太理想。
Are there ways that people can learn to engage particular muscle groups more effectively over time for sake of hypertrophy or strength, or for cases of trying to overcome injury potential or injury, imbalances Yeah, are bad the
这其实非常常见,我认为每个人都可能经历过这种情况。
this is actually very common, and I think everyone has probably gone through this.
总有一些部位你就是激活不了,这又回到了我们之前讨论的内容,那就是动作本身并不能决定适应效果。
There's some part that you just can't get going, which goes back to earlier part of our conversation, which is why exercises themselves do not determine the adaptation.
真正重要的是执行方式,对吧?
It's the execution that matters, right?
是训练技巧、次数范围,所有这些因素才会决定你最终能取得的实际成果。
It's the technique, it's the rep range, all of those are going to determine your actual result.
所以如果你一直卡在瓶颈,反复琢磨为什么这里就是练不出活动度、维度增长或是力量提升之类的效果,那问题肯定就出在上述这些方面里,对吧?
So if anytime you're banging your head against the wall and thinking like, why am I not getting movement here, growth or strength or whatever, it's guaranteed to be one of those areas, right?
大概率是你没能成功调动起目标的肌肉群。
You're probably not getting the muscle groups to activate.
每次我要评估动作质量的时候,都会重点排查几方面的问题。
Whenever I'm diagnosing movement quality, I look for a handful of things.
但首要的一点是要建立感知。
But very first one is awareness.
你绝对想不到,有那么多人,当你只是明确指出那块肌肉群,再给他们一个实操提示,比如用手触碰那处肌肉时,效果会有多好。
You'd be surprised how many folks, when you just simply tell them that muscle group right there, and maybe you give them a tactical prompt, so you touch it.
你就跟他们说,比如‘来,攥住我的手指’这样的简单指令。
And you just tell them things like, Hey, my finger, squeeze my finger.
当你做俯身划船或者下拉训练的时候,你就可以摸自己的背阔肌。
As you're doing your bent row or your pull down, you can touch the lat.
所有这些方法都能帮助人们激活肌肉。
All this stuff can help get people to activate.
除了简单的意识外,离心超负荷是激活难以目标肌肉的有效方法。
Outside of simple awareness, eccentric overload is a very effective way for activation of a difficult to target muscle.
比如引体向上。
Things like a pull up.
好的,如果我要做引体向上,但背阔肌激活不足,为了简化动作,我会直接做到顶部位置。
Okay, so if I'm going to do a pull up and I have poor lat activation, to make the movement simpler, I'm going go all the way to the top.
想象踩在箱子上,或者直接到达引体向上的最高点。
So imagine stepping on a box or something, going all the way to that top of that pull up position.
从那里开始,你要缓慢而有控制地放下身体。
Starting from there, and I want you to simply lower it under control.
这样你就把动作分解成更小的部分,以便更专注于执行细节。
And so you're just simply breaking the movement down into smaller pieces that allow you to focus on the execution more.
离心训练对力量发展非常有效,也很适合增肌,并能帮助你更好地控制动作。
Eccentrics are great for strength development, very good for hypertrophy, and allow you to focus on control.
我敢打赌,你们当中有很大一部分人从来没感受过背阔肌酸痛。
I'm willing to bet a huge percentage of you out there who've like, I've never had a sore lat.
你知道,我做过很多引体向上之类的事情。
You know, I've done a lot of pull ups and things like that.
如果你只做离心阶段,第二天早上很可能会醒来感到:天啊,那里真的有感觉了。
If you do that eccentric only, you'll probably wake up the next day going, Oh gosh, I feel it there.
这是一个信号,即使你在锻炼时没感觉到,但第二天有点酸痛,就继续沿着这条路走。
And that's a sign, even if you didn't feel it during the workout, but it got a little sore the next day, keep down that path.
最终,逐步过渡到能完成向心、离心和等长阶段,从而实现肌肉激活。
And eventually work that into a progression where you can do the concentric, eccentric, and isometric portions and get activation.
这可能需要你六周,也可能需要六个月,但这通常是学习如何激活肌群的一个相当不错的策略。
So that may take you six weeks, it might take you six months, but that's generally a pretty good strategy for learning how to activate a muscle group.
简单打断一下这个《Essentials》节目,来自博士。
Just a quick break from this Essentials episode with Doctor.
安迪·加尔平来分享一下安迪的播客第三季,名为《Perform with Doctor》。
Andy Galpin to share that season three of Andy's podcast, which is called Perform with Doctor.
安迪·加尔平的播客现已在所有播客平台上线,包括Spotify、Apple Podcasts、YouTube等。
Andy Galpin, is now available on all podcast platforms, including Spotify, Apple Podcasts, YouTube, and more.
安迪是健身与表现领域的世界级教育者。
Andy is a world class educator on all things fitness and performance.
所以一定要收听他的播客第三季。
So make sure to check out season three of his podcast.
再次提醒,这档播客叫《Perform with Doctor》。
Again, it's called Perform with Doctor.
安迪·加尔平。
Andy Galpin.
在抗阻训练中,是否存在一种适用于75%情况的呼吸规范?
Is there a prescriptive for how to breathe during resistance training that applies 75% of the time to In 75% of the
一般来说,一个不错的策略是在下降、离心或动作最危险的阶段屏住呼吸,然后在向心阶段呼气。
general, a decent strategy is to maintain a breath hold during the lowering or eccentric or most dangerous part of the movement, and then you can exhale on the concentric portion.
以卧推为例,如果你在下放时保持屏气、核心收紧,控制下降,然后开始向上推起的向心阶段,想在向心阶段的后半段呼气,这是一种可以接受的策略。
So if the bench press is our example, if you held in, braced, lowered it under control, and now started the concentric pushing away force, and then you wanted to take an expiration, during the last half of the concentric portion, that's an okay strategy.
如果你只做一次重复,就不必担心这个问题。
If you're going to do a single rep, you don't need to worry about it.
你可以完全避免或忽略呼吸。
You can just avoid or omit breathing entirely.
你完全没问题。
You're going to be just fine.
如果你做的次数更多,尤其是三到四次、五次、七次、八次,你就需要制定一些呼吸策略。
If you're doing more than that, especially three to four to five to seven, eight, you're going have to have some breathing strategy.
一个非常常见的方法是每三次呼吸一次。
A very common one is probably every third breath.
我会在第三次时呼气。
I'm going to do like, exhale on the third.
然后调整一下,重新吸气,类似这样。
Reset, re breathe, something like that.
如果你觉得每次都要呼吸,那也没关系,但这会浪费时间,因为你得在每次重复之间停下来休息。
If you feel like you need to breathe after every one, that's okay, but it's going to get wasteful, because you have to take time in between reps of sitting there.
如果是深蹲,那就不同了,与硬拉不同,当你在底部休息时。
If it's a squat, that's different, versus a deadlift, if you're resting at the bottom.
所以这里有点讲究。
So there is a little bit of game here.
但总的来说,那个75、75的说法其实已经被你否定了。
So in general though, that 75, 75 kind of really thrown out, you threw out.
吸气,完成下放动作,然后在举起时呼气。
Breathe in, do the lowering, and exhale on the out.
如果重复次数较少,就不用在意。
If you have to less reps, don't worry about it.
重复次数多的话,你就需要制定某种呼吸策略。
More reps, then you need to come up with some sort of breathing strategy.
那组间休息以及 workout 之后呢?怎么呼吸?
How about breathing in between sets and maybe even after the workout?
是的,我们不会刚做完训练,击个掌,喝点水,就直接走出健身房。
Yeah, we're not going to just finish a workout, high five, drink water, and walk out of the gym.
会有一种下调策略,涉及某种程度的轻度控制和呼吸控制。
There will be a down regulation strategy that is heavily involved with some sort of light control, as well as breath control.
关于个人的具体方案,可选择的方式非常多。
The individual prescription on that, there's a ton of variation with what you can do.
最简单的方法是做些能让你平静下来的事情。
The easiest thing is do something that calms you down.
最有可能的是,你会尽可能多地采用鼻腔呼吸。
Most likely that's going to be moved towards as much nasal breathing as you can possibly do.
一个非常简单的经验法则是:呼气时间是吸气时间的两倍。
And a really easy rule of thumb is a double exhale length relative to inhale.
所以如果你需要吸气四秒,就把时间翻倍,呼气八秒。
So if you need to take a like four second inhale, double that time and breathe out for eight seconds.
箱式呼吸也可以,也就是吸气、屏气、呼气、屏气的时间都相等。
Box breathing is fine, so equal inhale, equal hold, equal exhale, equal hold.
比如吸气四秒、屏气四秒,以此类推,就这样呼吸五分钟。
So four second inhale, four second hold, etcetera, etcetera, and just breathe for five minutes.
我开始这样做后,我的恢复速度完全改变了。
And I started doing this and it completely changed the rate of recovery for me.
我意识到,无论是耐力训练还是力量增肌训练后,我虽然感觉很好,但一放下训练就立刻看手机、回复邮件和开会——真是够累的。
I realized that I was leaving workouts, both endurance workouts and strength hypertrophy workouts, feeling great, but looking at my phone, getting right into email and meetings- Oh, rough.
没有关注自己的呼吸。
Not concentrating on my breathing.
我按照你的建议,引入了五分钟的放松调节。
And all I did was to introduce on your recommendation, a five minute down regulation.
我采用了以呼气为主的呼吸方式,有多种类型,比如生理学呼吸法、箱式呼吸法,呼气时间是吸气的两倍,持续五分钟。
So exhale emphasized breathing, bunch of different varieties, physiological size, box breathing, exhale emphasized twice as long as the inhale component for five minutes.
我注意到了两点。
And I noticed two things.
第一,我从一次训练到下一次训练的恢复速度明显加快了,毫无疑问。
One, I recovered more quickly, workout to workout, no question about it.
是的。
Yeah.
另一个变化是,我过去在剧烈运动后三到四个小时会感到精力下降。
And the other is that I used to have this dip in energy that would occur three or four hours after a hard workout.
我一直以为这和我运动后某时吃了一餐有关。
And I always thought that had to do with the fact that I'd generally eaten a meal at some point post workout.
结果发现根本不是饮食的问题。
It turns out it wasn't the meal at all.
是的。
Yeah.
真正的原因是运动时肾上腺素飙升,而我却没有在运动结束时加以平复。
It's that adrenaline ramp up during the workout, I wasn't clamping that at the end.
所以我想,最终这种能量就慢慢泄漏了。
And so I think eventually it It's just leaking.
结果发现,这种放松调节让我能够顺利度过下午。
Turns out the down regulations allowed me to work through the afternoon.
是的,这真的非常有效。
Yeah, It's really been quite powerful.
因此,我很感谢你这一点。
And so I'm grateful to you for that.
我认为这件事98%的人都没在做,而它只需要五分钟。
And I think this is something that I think 98% of people are not doing, and it's only five minutes.
你甚至都不用做五分钟。
You even have to do five.
给我三分钟就行。
Give me three.
如果你真得逼自己,给我三分钟就够了。
If you really have to push it, give me three.
你甚至可以在洗澡时做这件事。
You can do this in the shower if you have to.
你需要一种内在的信号,来告诉自己:我们是安全的。
You need some sort of internal signal that we're safe.
现在放缓一下,我们继续下一步。
Throttle down here, we're going to move on.
这必须发生。
That has to happen.
是的,而且你节省了精力。
Yeah, and you're saving energy.
我的意思是,这里的能量是神经能量。
I mean, the energy here is neural energy.
我认为拳击手会这样做,优秀的拳击手会在回合之间学会这样做。
I think fighters do this, good fighters learn to do this between rounds.
对。
Yeah.
短跑运动员会在比赛之间学会这样做。
Sprinters learn to do this between events.
我认为人类应该学会在任何社交互动之间这样做,这是一项非常强大的工具。
I think humans should learn how to do this between any social I mean, is such a powerful tool.
每次重要的时刻之后都这样做一分钟,无论是高波动性的个人互动,还是你刚完成了45秒的冲刺到工作地点,或者其他任何情况,都可以。
Do this for one minute after every important, whether it's an individual high volatile interaction, or if it's a, you just did a nice 45 sprint to work and you're deep into it or whatever, fine.
只要给我一分钟。
Just give me one minute.
这也会带来回报。
And that also will pay dividends.
基于今天的讨论,我认为听众和我都非常清楚,你拥有如此丰富的知识,能够清晰而有力地传达这些信息,还能将海量的信息提炼成适用于75%的人75%时间的实用方法,这是一件极其有价值的事。
I think the listeners and I can well appreciate on the basis of today's discussion, what a enormous wealth of information you are, how clear and potently you communicate that information, and also how you can take a huge cloud of information and still distill it into protocols that ought to work for 75% of people 75% of the time, which is an immensely valuable thing to do.
所以,对我来说,也代表所有听众,我想由衷地感谢你。
So for me and from the listeners, I just want to say thank you so much.
不客气,老兄。
My pleasure, man.
我很高兴我们终于
I'm glad we finally got
联系上了。
to connect.
安迪·加尔平教授,非常感谢您。
Professor Andy Galpin, thank you ever so much.
这是我的荣幸。
My pleasure.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。