本集简介
双语字幕
仅展示文本字幕,不包含中文音频;想边听边看,请使用 Bayt 播客 App。
一月和二月,我们将在肯塔基州弗洛伦斯的Cork and Steele举办一天的管道技术视角下的永久性负荷降低培训。
Coming up in January and February, we'll be at Cork and Steele in the Florence, Kentucky area for a one day permanent load reduction training through the eyes of conduit tech.
该培训将于2026年1月28日举行,将教授您负荷计算方法、在进行负荷计算时如何发现家居性能提升的机会,以及如何使用Conduit Tech软件在15到20分钟内完成负荷计算。
This is happening on 01/28/2026, and it will teach you load calculation methodology, how to look for home performance opportunities while doing a load calculation, and how to do a fifteen to twenty minute load calculation using the Conduit Tech software.
2026年2月18日,我们将在肯塔基州弗洛伦斯的Cork and Steele培训中心举办一天的MeasureQuick认证用户培训,其中也包含TruFloGrid气流培训内容。
Coming up 02/18/2026 at the Cork and Steele Training Center in Florence, Kentucky, we have a one day certified MeasureQuick user training that incorporates TruFloGrid airflow training as well.
您将获得MeasureQuick认证用户证书以及TruFloGrid气流培训用户证书。
You'll receive a certificate as a certified user of MeasureQuick and a TruFloGrid airflow training user certificate as well.
所以请在2月18日加入我们,地点是肯塔基州弗洛伦斯的Cork and Steele培训中心。
So join us February 18, Cork and Steel Training Center, Florence, Kentucky.
就是这样。
There you go.
好的。
Alright.
在开始之前,请报出您的姓名以及您代表的公司,以便我们做记录。
So before we get started, say your name and whatever what business you wanna be represented with so we have it recorded.
好的。
Okay.
埃里克·乔治,家居舒适顾问。
Eric George, home comfort adviser.
好的。
Okay.
埃里克·乔治,家居舒适顾问。
Eric George, home comfort adviser.
好吧。
Alright.
顾问,随便吧。
Advisers, whatever.
顾问。
Advisers.
是的。
Yeah.
‘Advisers’是复数形式,比如在所有社交媒体和YouTube上都是这么用的,而‘adviser’只是我这个课程里用的单数形式。
Advisers is is plural, like, on all the socials in YouTube, and then adviser is just really for the course that I created.
所以
So
好的。
Okay.
所以,你可能已经知道了,但我每开始一件事都会说一遍。
So, just you probably know this, but I say this at the beginning of everything.
所有内容都会被录下来。
It's all recorded.
所以如果你说错了什么、说了不想录进去的话、打了个喷嚏、放了个屁、甚至吐了,都没关系。
So if you make a mistake, you say something you don't want in it, you cough, you shit, you puke, whatever on on film, it doesn't matter.
我们可以把它剪掉。
We can we can take it out.
所以如果你有什么想删掉的,随时告诉我们。
So if there's anything you want out, just let us know.
如果有什么情况,比如你说了,嘿。
If there's something like you're, hey.
嘿。
Hey.
我不是有意说那个的。
I didn't mean to say that.
就直接说那句话。
Just say that exact thing.
说,嘿。
Say, hey.
我没想说那个,他们会剪辑时删掉。
I didn't mean to say that, and they'll take it out in editing.
它不会出现在最终片段里。
It won't make it into the final clip.
所以,好吧。
So Alright.
太棒了。
Cool.
完美了。
We're golden.
好的。
So alright.
让我来开始吧。
Let me just let me kick it off.
大家好。
Hey, everybody.
欢迎收听 HVAC ADHD 播客。
Welcome to the HVAC ADHD podcast.
今天,我们邀请了来自 Comfort Advisors 的 Eric George。
Today, we have Eric George from Comfort Advisors.
家得舒适,对吧?
Home Comfort right?
Comfort Advisors?
Comfort Advisors?
Home Comfort Advisors。
Home Comfort Advisors.
Home Comfort Advisors。
Home Comfort Advisors.
我已经认识Eric很长时间了。
I've known Eric for a really long time now.
我们可能通过国家舒适研究所的Dave Richardson以某种方式正式认识的。
We probably officially met through Dave Richardson from National Comfort Institute somehow, someway.
我在国家舒适研究所的培训、再培训和再认证中多次遇到Eric,类似这样的场合。
I've ran into Eric in National Comfort Institute trainings and retraining and recertifications, that sort of thing.
他有着相似的职业道路,但后来转向了房地产投资。
He's had a similar career path and diverged into real estate investment.
所以,Eric,跟我们讲讲你来自哪里,现在在哪里。
So, Eric, tell us a little bit about where you came from and where you're at now.
是的,谢谢杰里米。
Yeah, thanks Jeremy.
我想我第一次见到你可能是在列克星敦举行的中西部住宅能源大会上。
I think probably one of the first times I met you was actually at a Midwest Residential Energy Conference in Lexington.
所以,是关于ResNet的事情。
So, ResNet stuff.
所以,没错。
So, yeah.
我年轻时刚开始是做隔热和节能改造工作的。
Started off in, you know, doing insulation and weatherization stuff back in my early twenties.
我父母开了一家小型隔热公司,说实话我并不想做这一行,但因为我父母需要帮忙,我就进入了这个领域,借此机会学习了建筑知识,而且他们还经营一家保险修复业务,处理霉菌、水损、火灾损坏等各种问题。
My parents had a small insulation company, and I didn't really want to do it, frankly, but I got into that position because my parents needed help, and it was an opportunity to learn about construction, and they also had a insurance restoration business that did mold, water, fire damage, and all that kind of stuff.
所以,我最初是通过保罗·戴维斯修复特许经营机构接受培训,成为了一名水损修复技术员。
So, I actually got trained originally through the Paul Davis restoration franchise to be a water damage restoration technician.
因此,我学会了建筑物是如何损坏以及如何干燥的,之后大约经营了三年半的隔热和节能改造公司,直到我们把它卖掉了。
So I got to learn about how buildings fail and how they dry out, and then ended up running the insulation and weatherization company for about three and a half years before we sold it.
然后我搬到了路易斯维尔,创办了建筑性能团队。
And then I moved down to Louisville and started building performance group.
我想那之后不久,我们就在2010年或2011年左右重新联系上了。
And I think that was shortly after that is when we linked up in 2010, 2011, something like that.
是的。
Yep.
所以最初的重点是做能源审计,因为我真的很擅长诊断问题——至少在经营绝缘公司时,我觉得自己很擅长诊断房屋中的问题,而且我还参加过印第安纳州低收入住宅节能改造项目的大量培训。
And so original focus was to do energy audits because I really I got pretty good at diagnosing stuff, or at least I thought I did back when I had the insulation company diagnosing issues in houses and had went through a bunch of training with low income weatherization assistance programs in Indiana.
INCA是印第安纳波利斯的那个组织,他们培训了我。
INCA was the program up in Indianapolis, the organization up there that trained me.
所以我当时真的很想做能源审计。
And so I wanted to really do energy audits.
我来到这里后发现,能源审计的市场需求并不大,但那时能源之星住宅计划刚好启动。
And so I came down here and realized that not a big market for energy audits, but that was when Energy Star Homes kind of kicked off.
当时LG&E和KU正在为能源评估师提供所有补贴,帮助他们起步。
And LG and E at the time, KU was offering all the rebates for energy raters to get started.
所以,那时候时机和地点都恰到好处,我开始做能源评级,做了很长时间,但说实话后来感到厌倦了,几年前就转行做了更多房地产投资,比如炒房、房产转售和租赁物业。
So, it was kind of perfect time, perfect place, started doing energy ratings, did that for a long time and kind of honestly just got burnt out on it and kind of pivoted several years ago and started doing more real estate investing stuff, flipping houses, wholesaling, rental properties.
现在我几乎已经卖掉了所有住宅物业,只保留了四套。
And now I pretty much just have I sold off all my residential properties with the exception of four.
我现在主要管理和监督五个自储设施,还参与了其他一些设施的合作。
And I just I manage oversee management of, like, five self storage facilities now and have some partnerships in other ones.
所以,你做了
So You did
你是怎么开始做炒房的?是从房地产这块入手的,还是从自储设施那边开始的?
you is that how you did you start in flipping houses with the real estate stuff or did you start in the on the storage space side?
我一开始是从炒房开始的,2008年就入行了。
Started off with flipping houses, and I I got started in that in 2008.
正好赶上金融危机,银行在甩卖房子,那时候买房很划算,因为买家不像现在这么多。
So right when the crash happened and banks were giving away houses, it was a good time to buy, you know, there wasn't that many buyers as there is now.
当时人人都吓坏了,根本不敢买,觉得房价还会继续跌。
Everybody was scared of shitless and didn't want to buy anything because they thought it was just going to keep dropping.
但说实话,我更偏向于买入并持有的投资者。
But I was more of a buy and hold investor, honestly.
我翻新了不少房子,但我做的大多数翻新项目我都留了下来,因为当时我用4万美元的本金开始积累收益,然后全身心投入其中。
I rehabbed a bunch of houses, but most of the rehabs I did, I kept because it was like I cashed out my $4.00 1 to start building performance and kind of went all in on that.
我当时想,好吧,我懂施工。
I was like, alright, well, know construction.
我对房地产也有一定的了解。
I know real estate to a certain extent.
所以我花了很多时间学习如何投资房地产,并且基本上把它当成了我的退休计划。
So, I spent a bunch of time, you know, learning about how to invest in real estate and kind of made that my retirement plan more or less.
目标是,比如,还清贷款,拥有十到二十套房子,全部还清,然后就能获得稳定的现金流。
And and, you know, the goal was to, like, pay off, you know, get to, like, 10 or 20 houses, pay them off, and that's the cash flow stream that you got.
说实话,这个计划回报相当不错。
And it paid off pretty well, honestly.
但我拥有的出租房大多是面向大学生的租赁房产。
But the rental properties that I had were mostly college rental properties.
我不知道你有没有上过大学,但当我上大学的时候,学生租房简直就是一团糟,还得跟房产经理打交道之类的。
And I don't know if you went to college, but when I went to college, it was a shit show with student rentals and dealing with the property managers and stuff like that.
所以我当时已经建立了一个不错的系统,但我们只是厌倦了应付这些孩子和他们的父母。
So I had a pretty good system in place, but we just got tired of dealing with kids and their parents.
而且
And
你是按房间收费的吗?
Were you charging by the room?
不是。
No.
不是。
No.
这就是克莱德那边的那些人处理方式。
That's how I the guys up in Clyde dealt with a lot.
我跟克莱夫顿大学区的一位最大房产投资者是好朋友。
Like, I'm good friends with one of the biggest property investors up in Clifton, UC area.
他叫UC出租,按房间收费,老兄。
He's called UC for rent, and they charge by the room, dude.
有多少间卧室,租金就乘以相应的倍数。
It's like however many bedrooms is in there, that's the multiplier for the amount that they charge for rent there.
嗯,没错。
Well, you yes.
所以我就用这个方法来确定租金。
So that's how I determine the rent cost.
对吧?
Right?
但租赁合同并不是这样写的。
But that's not how the lease is structured.
对。
Right.
除非是多户住宅,否则不能按房间单独签租赁合同。
Unless it's a multifamily property, you can't rent individual leases by the bedroom.
所以是的。
So Yeah.
还有其他的房东法规。
There's just other landlord laws.
不过,你还是把所有人都写进租约里,不管是谁。
You put them all on the lease, though, like anybody's anybody's
都在租约上。
on lease.
所有父母都在租约上。
All the parents are on the lease.
所以这相当安全。
So it's a pretty pretty secure
他们的叔叔或堂兄弟。
Their uncles or cousins.
任何你能让其负责的人。
Anybody you can make responsible.
如果你要和我们租房,基本上都需要有共同签署人。
Cosign pretty much if you're gonna rent with us.
所以,不管怎样,我们在2019年到2023年之间卖掉了大部分大学租赁房产。
So, anyway, that that we sold off most of our college rentals over between twenty nineteen and 2023.
于是,我们就慢慢转向了仓储业务,后来当利率下降、价格飙升时,我就想,好吧,我想我该
And so, we just kinda transitioned into storage, and then when, you know, everything kind of slowed down with the interest rates and prices went through the roof, then I just kind of was like, all right, well, I guess I'll
当我看到你做自助仓储的时候,我觉得这真是一个非常酷且明智的转型。
just I thought that was really when I saw you doing that with the self storage, I thought that was a really cool and smart pivot.
你看任何排行榜,自助仓储都是目前最顶尖的五种现成商业模式之一。
Like, that's one of the top any list you look on, it's one of the top, like, five current turnkey businesses that there is out there.
停车场和洗车行通常也排在前列。
Parking lots and car washes usually are right up there.
是的。
Yeah.
说实话,它维护起来非常轻松。
It's pretty it's pretty low maintenance, honestly.
我的意思是,这其实不是我们这次谈话的主题,但没错。
I mean, you know, it's not really the topic of this conversation, but Yeah.
现在你可以通过呼叫中心、软件和自动化控制系统等手段,真正实现这些业务的自动化。
You can can really automate these things with call centers and software and and automated controls and all that kind of stuff now.
所以,这是一个我喜欢的行业。
So it's it's a business that I like.
我真的很喜欢这个资产类别,但坦白说,我对它并没有热情。
I I really like the asset class, but, frankly, it's not something that I'm passionate about.
这并不是上帝在召唤我不断购买这些金属盒子,让囤积者把东西放进去。
It's not like God's pulling me to keep buying these metal boxes so hoarders can put their
这并不那么令人兴奋。
It's not that exciting.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,赚钱效果不错,你在自储业务中可以做得非常好。
It's I mean, the money's good, and you can you can do very well in self storage.
所以我喜欢这个资产类别,但说真的,它并没有让我特别投入。
So I like the asset class for those reasons, but it's it's, like, it's not drawing me into, like, whatever.
正是在那个时候,我决定重新转向建筑科学和房屋性能领域。
That's really kinda when I decided to pivot back and and and get back into the building science stuff and home performance.
就是这样。
That's just that.
你说到吸引我回来,这挺有意思,因为当我看到你开始做内容的时候,我就想,你以为自己退出了,结果还是把我拉回去了。
It's funny you said draw me back in because, like, when I saw you start doing content and stuff, I'm like, you think you're out, but then suck me back in.
你知道的,那种教父式的情节。
You know, the old godfather thing.
就像,你总是会被拉回去。
Like, you're always we're always get sucked back in.
所以跟我们说说,你现在是怎么重新回到这个领域的?
So tell us a little bit about that, what you're doing now to pivot back to this.
是的。
Yeah.
所以去年我决定,当时建筑能效这块业务发展到一个阶段,我的员工都已经知道怎么运营了,基本不需要我过多介入。
So I I decided last year, it got to a point with building performance where my employees were they just knew they knew how to run the business, and it didn't require much of my input.
于是我心想,是时候该你们接手了。
And so I was like, you know, it's time for for you to take over.
大卫·克莱辛格是我超过十年、十二年的得力助手,于是我把业务卖给了他。
So David Clevinger was my right hand man for over ten years, twelve years, and so I I sold the business to him.
但他其实并不太想做能源审计。
And he didn't really want to do energy audits, frankly.
他更倾向于新建项目这一块,因为那更稳定。
He wanted the new construction side of things that's way more consistent.
是的。
Yeah.
而我过去一直都在做审计工作。
And so historically always done the audits.
于是他对我说,嘿,老兄。
And so he's like, hey, man.
我太忙了。
I'm I'm too busy.
我能继续把审计工作转给你吗?
Like, can I just keep sending the audits your way?
好吧。
And I was like, alright.
我想可以吧。
I guess so.
那他在做什么?
So what is he doing?
比如评级之类的事情。
Like, ratings and stuff like ratings.
首先是能源之星之类的。
First Energy star and all that stuff.
是的。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
所以我应该也让你们认识一下。
So I should connect you guys too.
你从来没见过大卫吗?
Don't have you ever met David?
没有。
No.
我觉得我没见过。
I don't think I have.
好的。
Okay.
我不打算让你们认识。
Don't I don't gonna connect you
迟早会让你们认识的。
guys at some point.
是的。
Yeah.
但不管怎样,是的。
But anyway, yeah.
他想要新建筑方面的内容。
He wanted the new construction stuff.
所以我就说,好吧。
So I I was like, alright.
然后,当我开始更多地投入在线教育并发布这些视频后,我就收到了更多关于检查的请求,还有来自暖通空调技术人员的电话。
And then it's sort of just once I started doing more of the online education and putting these videos out, I started getting more requests for inspections and, you know, calls from HVAC guys.
至少在肯塔基州路易斯维尔都会区,我一直都有这样的声誉:如果其他人解决不了问题,就可以找我。
And I'd always kind of had that reputation, at least in the Metro Louisville area in Kentucky and stuff, as somebody to call if there's, you know, issues that other people can't figure out.
对。
Yep.
所以我就想,你知道吗?
And so I was like, you know what?
我觉得,上帝把我放在了这个位置上,让我拥有这种天赋,以及别人没有的经历和经验,如果我不把这些拿出来,尽力去帮助别人,我就觉得是在浪费它。
I feel like, you know, God put me in this position where I've got this talent, and I've got this history and this experience that a lot of other people don't have, and I feel like I'm squandering it if I don't put it out there and try to help people if I can.
对吧?
Right?
所以我只是采取了不同的方式,我换了一个角度来对待这件事。
So it's like, I just kinda took a different I I took a different angle with it.
我的心态在这方面有了一点转变,以前我其实并不想做审计工作。
Like, just my mindset shifted a little bit around it, whereas before, I didn't really wanna do the audits.
当时我觉得,你知道,这又不能让你发财, blah blah blah 之类的。
It was like, you know, this isn't gonna make you rich and, you know, blah blah blah or whatever.
然后我就想,你知道吗?
And I just I was like, you know what?
真的需要像我这样的人来帮他们解决这些问题。
People really need people like me to help figure out these problems.
如果我能帮上忙,那对我来说就是一种满足。
And if I can help them, then, you know, that's fulfilling to me.
对吧?
Right?
所以是的。
So Yeah.
我不想每天都在做这件事。
I don't wanna spend every day of my life doing this.
我对选择的项目比较挑剔。
I'm kind of selective in the jobs that I I choose.
它们通常是更复杂、更大的住宅,所以我收费相应更高。
They're usually more complicated, larger homes, and so I charge accordingly.
但你知道,比起我可能做的其他事情,这让我更有成就感。
But, you know, it's it's more fulfilling to me than some other things that I could be
现在正在做的。
doing right now.
解决问题很有趣。
It's fun solving the product.
我是说,我对评分和审计的看法也是一样的。
Like, I I mean, I feel the same way about ratings versus audits.
评分就像一件机械的事,我只是走个过场而已。
Like, ratings are like a mindless thing that I go through and I do.
你做了就是做了,没做就是没做。
Either you did it or you didn't.
我打个勾,或者你得回来修改。
I check a box or you gotta come back and fix it.
是的。
Yeah.
但像家居能效这方面,我在家里做这些的时候,也有同样的感受。
But like like, the home performance side of things in people's homes, and I felt the same way.
当我做家居能效工作、靠这个赚钱的时候,我其实并不太喜欢。
Like, when I was doing home performance and that's how I made all my money, I did not enjoy it that much.
我喜欢的是去弄明白这些东西。
Like, I enjoyed figuring this stuff out.
这总是能挑战我的思维,但就那种日复一日的枯燥工作而言,我并不太喜欢。
That always challenged my mind, but, like, from the day in, day out drudgery of that particular thing, I did not enjoy it that much.
但现在我站在了另一个角度,就像你说的,更多地做咨询和教育这类工作,重新走出去解决那些问题,反而有趣多了。
But now that I'm on a different side of it, sort of like what you're saying where doing more consulting, more education, that stuff, like getting back out there and figuring those problems out ends up being a lot funner.
我刚接了一个单子。
I just took one.
我以前在辛辛那提住过,你知道的,我现在住在诺克斯维尔,而我曾经在那里生活了四十五年。
I was in Cincinnati for you know, as you said, I live in Knoxville now, and, you know, I was forty five forty five year Cincinnati resident.
每年劳动节我都会回去,和朋友们一起进行我的幻想橄榄球选秀,我已经在这个幻想橄榄球联盟里待了二十年。
I go back up there every Labor Day to do my fantasy football draft with I've been in it twenty years in the same fantasy football league.
所以上个周末劳动节我回去了,然后有个建筑商给我打电话说,嘿。
So, I was up there this past weekend, Labor Day, and then some one builder called me like, hey.
或者是个暖通空调承包商给我打电话说,嘿,老兄。
Or HVAC contractor called me like, hey, man.
我知道你每年劳动节都会来这儿。
I know you're in town every weekend on Labor Day.
有一栋房子,这些承包商在处理上遇到了麻烦。
There's this house that these builders are having trouble with.
你能去看看吗?
Can you go take a look at it?
于是我回去了。
And so I went back.
我原本打算周一晚上回去。
I was gonna go back Monday evening.
但我改在周二下午回去。
I went back Tuesday afternoon instead.
我周二留在城里,去看了那个人的房子,找出问题所在。
I stayed in town Tuesday to go look at the dude's house and figure it out.
这又是那些老问题了。
This is the usual suspect stuff.
这是一栋铅污染房屋,密封性极好,各种指标都达标,你知道的,是经过铅安全认证的能源之星住宅,但他们家三楼出现了大量积水,或者严格来说,是房子的第三层,因为这些房子沿着辛辛那提河岸笔直地建了四层高。
Lead house, super tight, super whatever, you know, lead certified energy star home, but they're having he had so much water in the 3rd Floor of the or the, probably like technically the 3rd Floor of the house because these are like four story homes straight up and down on the river down Cincinnati.
他们称之为河滨大道。
They call it Riverside Drive.
这是一个由大量铅含量房屋组成的大规模建筑群,但它们都存在完全相同的问题。
It's like this huge complex of lead houses they built, but And they all have the same exact problem.
所以三楼完全被水浸透了,对吧?
So like he 3rd Floor just soaked, right?
他们把天花板拆了,通风管道都生锈得厉害。
And they had the ceiling tore out, the ductwork's freaking rusted and stuff.
我用鼓风门测试了五分钟,你知道的。
I put a blower door on there five, you know, five minutes.
我说,对,问题就在这儿。
I'm like, yeah, there's your problem.
外面的屋顶有空气泄漏,对吧?
The roof on the outside's got air leaking, right?
你知道,那是那种小小的凸出结构,假的建筑凸出部分,上面有个小屋顶,施工时没被注意到。
You know, it's one of those little bump out areas, fake architectural bump out areas with the little roof, and it just didn't get caught during the raiding.
除非有人爬到某个他们可能觉得太危险而不敢去看的地方,否则根本发现不了。
It never would get caught unless, you know, somebody was climbing way up into some place that they probably too dangerous for them to look.
是的。
Yeah.
随着这些房屋越来越密封,你知道的,空气泄漏的通道越来越少。
And every with these tighter houses, as you know, like air has less and less places to leak through.
所以,那些唯一能泄漏的地方,问题就越来越严重。
So the places they do leak through, it's worse and worse and worse.
带着湿气,带着湿气,带着湿气。
Dragging humidity, dragging humidity, dragging humidity.
但一旦知道问题出在哪,就很容易解决。
So it's easy fix once you know what it is.
但老兄,那个家伙说他是第二任房主。
But dude, that dude said, he's the second owner.
他在这里已经住了十八个月。
He's been there eighteen months.
他知道这不可能是最近发生的。
He knows there's no way that it could have.
他是做商业建筑的,见过黑色霉菌就会请人来处理。
He's a he's a commercial construction guy, so he's seen black and thought mold and got somebody in there.
你知道的,他就是这么认为的。
You know, he's like, know this.
我知道,这不可能是我住进来这十八个月里发生的。
I know this didn't happen in the eighteen months I've been living here.
他就是这么告诉我的。
That's what he told me.
他说,我还没在这儿过完一个完整的夏天,所以这不可能是最近发生的。
He said, I ain't lived here a full summer yet, so there's no way.
他说,这问题从这房子建好时就存在了。
He's like, it's been going on since this house was built.
所以,你知道的,这种事我们经常遇到。
So, you know, that's the type of shit stuff that, we we see, you know, on a regular basis.
是的
Yeah.
我的意思是,我和我觉得
I mean, I and and I think
我介绍你认识了一位拥有LEED认证房屋的朋友。
I referred you to a friend who had a LEED certified house.
我想让它说话。
I want it to talk.
今天我要谈这个,因为它揭示了采样问题的另一个方面。
That's on my list to talk about today because that exposes a whole another thing about sampling.
讲讲这个故事吧,因为天哪,这最能说明使用Sam时会发生什么。
Tell that story because dude, that is like the the that's the best indication of what happens when you use Sam.
我讨厌采样,这真是使用采样可能带来问题的最佳例证。
I hate sampling and like, this is really the greatest example of what could happen when you use sampling.
那你真的和她谈过了吗?
So did you did you actually talk to her?
很多次。
Many times.
很多次。
Many times.
是的。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
因为我觉得我知道故事的一半,而你
Because I I think I have about half of the story, and you
可能知道故事的另一半。
may have the other half of the story.
你说吧,我能补充的地方我来补。
Tell I'll fill in where I can.
她是我在大学时的好朋友。
She's a she's a good friend from college.
她是这栋联排别墅的最初房主,我想是这样。
She you know, first original owner of this, townhome, I guess.
这是一栋三层的联排别墅,带一个屋顶露台。
It's a three story townhome with a rooftop patio thing.
是的。
Yep.
所以我们先说一下这个故事的背景。
So one thing we should, context for this story.
它位于俄亥俄州辛辛那提。
It's in Cincinnati, Ohio.
那里有一个铅税房产税减免政策。
There's a lead tax property tax abatement.
任何符合所谓铅标准的建筑,无论是认证的金级、银级还是白金级,都能享受相应的房产税减免。
So anything that is built to quote unquote lead standards, whether it's certified gold, silver, platinum, you get a tax property tax abatement associated with that.
那时候是这样,现在变了。
Back then, it's changed now.
这个数额比以前少了,但当她住的那栋房子建成时,正值这个政策的鼎盛时期,如果当时是铂金级建筑,就能获得五十万美元。
It's less than it used to be but back when her, it was, she, her, that thing she's living in was built in the prime like the the height of all this and at that time, if it was a platinum building, you could get 500 yeah.
五百万美元,永久有效。
Half million dollars up unlimited years.
当时就是这样的。
That's what it was.
永久免税。
Unlimited years abated.
所以如果你建造的是铂金级节能建筑,就能获得高达五百万美元的永久免税优惠。
So you could get up to a half million dollars unlimited if you built lead platinum.
所以你看到的辛辛那提市任何建筑,比如市中心或OTR地区的复兴项目,全部都是由这个LEED税收减免政策推动的,无一例外。
So literally, any construction that you see in Cincinnati like Downtown Cincinnati, the revitalization of OTR, like any of that stuff, it's all driven by this LEED tax abatement, like all of it.
所以那里的一切都是LEED认证的。
So everything down there is is LEED.
所以我提到这个的原因是,这栋建筑涉及辛辛那提两个主要的绿色建筑项目,其中一个是我之前合作过的,而这栋楼恰好就是那个项目。
So like the reason I'm I'm saying that is that this is where so this building, like there's two main green programs, you know, green, providers in Cincinnati, and one of them was one I subbed workout from, and this just happened to be that one.
所以,她当时是这个项目的一部分。
So, like, she was part of that program.
那你继续讲讲那个故事吧。
So go on go on with your story there.
是的。
Yeah.
总之,她家不同楼层的房间之间温差很大。
So, anyway, she had, big temperature differences between rooms on different floors.
她家车库和一楼之间出现了严重的漏水,
She had, she ended up having, like, a big leak between the garage and the first floor from
是在一个LEED铂金级建筑里。
is in a lead platinum building.
大概是冷凝排水管堵了,或者出了什么问题,水从车库天花板漏了下来。
From a condensation drain line, I think, that, that just it got clogged up or something happened, came through the garage ceiling.
所以今年早些时候,她就专门为此事给我打过电话。
So she she actually called me earlier this year on that in particular.
这是在你和她谈过之前还是之后?
This is before or after you had talked to her.
这是另一个问题。
This is another problem.
是今年早些时候吗?
Like, earlier this year?
今年早些时候。
Earlier this year.
哦,那是在我谈过之后很久了。
Oh, that's way after I talked.
我没有参与过,你知道的,我根本没有参与过那个情况。
I haven't been, I haven't, you know, I have not been involved with that situation.
是的。
Yeah.
我住在诺克斯维尔已经五年了。
Like, I've lived in Knoxville five years.
那时候我还在辛辛那提,或者刚搬到诺克斯维尔,所有这些事情都在发生。
I was still in Cincinnati or just moved to Knoxville when all that was going on.
她对这套联排别墅一直问题不断,所以她遇到了一些舒适性问题。
She's had nothing but problems with this townhome pretty And so she had comfort issues.
她家楼上楼下的温差很大。
She had big temperature differences between floors.
某些出风口完全没有风出来。
She had no air coming out of certain vents.
如果是铅管问题,你可能会以为会检测气流或进行压力平衡之类的操作。
You would think if it's lead that the airflow is getting tested or pressure balance happening or something.
但不管怎样,最近发生的一件事是,漏水从车库天花板渗了下来。
But, anyway, the last the last thing that happened, they they, the leak came through the garage ceiling.
他们过来把车库天花板拆开,我们一看,没错。
They came out, cut out the garage ceiling, and we're like, yep.
是排水管的问题。
It's from the drain line.
然后他们去修补排水管,开始把石膏板重新封上,她却说:等一下。
And then they go to, to patch the drain line, and they're starting to just cover the drywall up, and she's like, wait a minute.
那上面潮湿的绝缘材料怎么办?
Like, what about all the insulation up there that's wet?
然后她给我打了电话,我说:别让他们把石膏板重新装回去。
And then she calls me, and I'm like, don't let them put the drywall back up yet.
于是她让他们暂停施工,找了一家修复公司来处理。
So then she she tells them to stop, gets a a restoration company involved.
他们过来后,把绝缘材料拆出来,进行干燥处理。
They come out there, pull out the insulation, dry it out.
结果发现有霉菌,你知道的。
They find mold, you know.
天哪。
Dang.
我之前根本不知道这些事。
I didn't know any of this.
然后他们进行了烘干等一系列处理,结果发现通风管道被压扁了。
And then so and they went through the process of drying it out and all this stuff, and there was ductwork that was crushed.
这栋房子里有很多糟糕的施工问题,但从外面看却非常漂亮。
There was just a bunch of crap work that that had happened in this house, and they look real pretty from the outside.
它们看起来非常现代。
They're very modern looking.
它们拥有这些极具吸引力的建筑特色,是居住的热门区域。
They've got these architectural features that are attractive, highly desirable area to live in.
但这些房子的功能性啊,哦,还有另一件事,我今年夏天或者去年春天actually去她那儿住过。
But the functionality of these houses oh, and then another thing, I went to stay with her actually this summer or last spring actually.
她客厅正中央的地板是这样的,木地板、LVP或者别的什么材料都翘起来了。
One of the in the middle of her living room, the floor is like this, and and it's it's the wood floor, the LVP, or whatever is buckling.
我当时就说:天哪。
And I'm like, shit.
湿度问题。
Humidity.
是地板本身的问题,还是湿度导致地板变形?
Is that the floor, or is that, like, the humidity that's buckling the floor?
不是潮湿。
Like Not humid.
这些Leap房子在辛辛那提和中西部都有同样的问题,伙计。
It's all these all these leap houses have the same problem, dude.
它们在辛辛那提和中西部,尤其是,它们符合能源之星标准。
They in Cincinnati and the Midwest, especially, they u and energy star.
我会把能源之星归为同一类,因为它们允许同样的问题继续发生。
I'll put energy star in the same bucket because they allow the same shit to go on.
它们把房子密封得特别严,然后还装了浴室和通风系统,伙计。
They all use they get these houses super tight, and then they put bath and ventilation in them, dude.
我跟你说,这些房子简直就是湿度陷阱,而且完全没有除湿措施。
And I'm telling you right now, like, they are humidity buckets, and they don't have any kind of dehumidification.
一点都没有。
Nothing.
而由于能源之星的胡扯,系统技术人员也不得不如此。
And the systems tech because of ENERGY STAR's bullshit that they won't do away with.
我的意思是,这项目已经死了。
I mean, it's dead.
这个项目现在确实死了,但我已经一直在我们的博客上和其他地方呼吁这个问题。
The program's dead now, but I've been calling I've already gone on our blog and everything about this.
他们过度放宽了容差,能源之星的做法太荒谬了。
Like, they're oversizing forgiveness and ENERGY STAR is ridiculous.
这些问题100%都是由它引起的,100%的时间都是如此。
It's causing 100% of these problems 100% of the time.
他们允许这些人远远超过应有的尺寸来选型,因为当初写标准时确实存在设备短缺的问题,但那早就过时了,现在只是被重新翻出来用而已。
They let these guys size way beyond what they should under the the the guys of not being able to get equipment, which is that thing that really was happening when they first wrote that, but it's so long gone and dead that it's just redated.
这是我最重视的议题之一。
It's one of my biggest soapboxes ever.
我简直痛恨能源之星处理这些问题的方式。
I freaking hate the inner the way Energy Star deals with that stuff.
但有趣的是,那位女士的事情,其实根本无所谓,我忘了最初的情况,我觉得当时只是舒适性问题,你才找我介入的。
But the the funny thing about that, that lady's thing is like, it's so whatever I forget the original I think it was just comfort issues when you originally got me involved.
你是说,她当时感到不舒服?
You're saying, like, she was having comfort.
天花板也漏水。
Leak through the ceiling too.
我介入的时候?
When I got involved with it?
那时候有个
Back then, there was a
一点
little bit
平屋顶。
of flat roof.
所以她的情况可能不在我负责的范围内。
So she that might not have been in my purview.
展开剩余字幕(还有 480 条)
我只是想弄清楚她的舒适度、系统和漏水问题。
I think I was just trying to figure out the comfort and the system and the lead stuff for her.
建筑商坚持说这是一个经过认证的建筑。
And the builder stood on the fact that that was a certified building.
我和他争得不可开交,他说是的。
And I've fought with him tooth and nail, and he's it was a I'm like, yeah.
但这个并不是经过测试的单元。
But this was not a tested unit.
它只是一个抽样单元。
It's a sampled unit.
所以这些事情很可能根本就没做。
So there's a good chance that none of this stuff even, you know, got done.
他说:不,这是经过认证的。
He goes, no, it's certified.
这又不是我的问题。
Like, that's not my problem.
我们已经付过顾问的费用了。
Like, we already paid the consultant.
这件事需要重新交给他们处理,还要经过暖通空调承包商,其他所有环节都得走一遍,因为建筑必须获得认证,但这个只是抽样单元。
It needs to go back through them, needs to go through the HVAC contractor, like every other thing because the building, they got to be certified, but it was a sampled unit.
盖了章。
Got the stamp.
是的。
Yeah.
它盖了章。
It got the stamp.
我的意思是,可能并没有什么恶意行为。
And I mean, it probably wasn't nothing nefarious done.
他们根本没必要进入那个单元进行检测,所以没人在意,你知道吗?问题也没暴露出来,你知道吗?
They just didn't have to go in that unit and test it, so nobody freaking paid attention to it, you know, or the the issues didn't get exposed, you know?
对。
Yeah.
这真是太离谱了。
It's just it's wild.
这种情况经常发生,无论是LEED、能源之星,还是该死的合规性问题。
And that happens all the time, whether it's LEED or ENERGY STAR or even freaking co compliance.
我的天,我都能一直聊这个。
I mean, I could talk about this the rest of the time.
新建筑里充斥着各种乱七八糟的东西,你以前看到的肯定比我多,但是。
It's just all the bullshit that gets through in new construction houses, and you'd see it a lot more than I do now, but
我讨厌这样。
I hate it.
这真是太离谱了。
It's it's wild.
比如,关于在潮湿气候下,新建筑中用排风风扇作为机械通风方式的问题。
Like, you know, the whole thing about, exhaust fans and and new construction as a form of mechanical ventilation in a humid climate.
今年我发了好几个视频,因为今年我接到的检测电话中,95%都跟管道结露、湿度问题之类的有关。
I've been I posted several videos this year because 95% of the calls that I've gotten this year on inspections have had to do with sweating ducts, humidity problems, or whatever.
在新建房屋中,这可是家常便饭。
And in new construction, that is the soup du jour.
他们只是装了个持续运行的排风风扇,而那些建造得非常严密的房屋,会持续抽出80到100立方英尺的空气。
They just put in a constant run exhaust fan, and the builders that actually build tight houses are sucking out, you know, 80 to a 100 CFM constantly.
这导致房屋内部形成负压。
It's depressurizing the houses.
它从外部,从任何能进入的地方吸入湿气,并在风管上凝结。
It's pulling in humidity from outside, from wherever it can, and it's condensing on duck work.
一直如此。
All the time.
我的意思是,这种情况一再发生。
I mean, it happens over and over and over.
每个夏天,我都会接到八九通类似的投诉,老兄。
I literally get eight or nine calls of that shit every single summer, dude.
我的意思是,这简直疯了。
I mean, it it's insane.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,我感觉每周都接到八
I mean, I feel like I got eight
九个电话,整个夏天都是这样。
or nine calls every week this whole summer.
我觉得这是多年来最糟糕的夏天了。
It's been it this has been the worst summer in a long time, I feel like.
很多人都这么做。
That's what a lot of people do.
中西部又湿又热。
Wet, so hot in the Midwest.
直到最近几周,我记不清什么时候下过这么多雨了。
It's been way more rain up until the last few weeks than than I can remember.
所以这只是加剧了原本就存在的问题,现在这些问题变得更加普遍了。
So it's just exacerbated problems that were probably there before, now they're just becoming more prevalent.
所以
So
是的。
Yeah.
而且我的意思是,不管去哪里,所有设备都过大了,我们刚和能源之星谈过,但人们至今仍在安装远远过大的设备,因为他们害怕,再加上湿度这么大,就形成了一个负面反馈循环:客户或房主试图调低恒温器来感到舒适,以为是温度问题,但实际上是因为湿度,结果不久之后,家里就开始漏水了。
And I mean and then the fact that everything's oversized no matter where you go, and, like, we just talked to Energy Star or not, like, people are putting in way still to this day oversized equipment because they they're scared and then with the amount of humidity, they get in a negative feedback loop where the customers or homeowners are trying to turn down the thermostat to get comfortable thinking that it's temperature and it's really humidity and the next thing you know, it's raining in their house.
这简直太荒谬了,老兄。
Like, it's just nuts, dude.
没错。
Yep.
把风管装在本不该装的阁楼里,还会导致房屋负压。
Putting ductwork in attics that shouldn't be in attics and your depressurizing houses.
当系统不运行时,湿气会积聚在风管里,等系统再次启动时,就会在风管内部产生积水。
So when the system doesn't run, the humidity gets up into the ductwork and then kicks back on and you get water inside the ductwork.
我对住宅开发商的很多做法都不理解,也许你能给我解释一下。
It's there's a lot of things that I don't understand about production builders, and, you know, maybe you can shed some light onto it.
但这些全国性的大型住宅开发商就是这种思维模式:不管在哪个气候区或国家哪个地方,我们都这么建。
But these these national large production builders, they just have this this mindset of, you know, here's how we're gonna build it, and I don't care what climate zone it's in or what part of the country.
这似乎就是我们的标准,天哪,
This is the standard that we do, it seems like, and, it just Dude,
不过,确实有一些全国性连锁开发商因为这类问题吃了大亏。
there's some national chains that have got their ass suit off for that stuff, though.
比如,D.
Like, D.
R.
R.
霍顿公司在新奥尔良卷入了一起重大诉讼。
Horton was involved in a big, big, huge lawsuit down in, New Orleans
是的。
Yeah.
当时整个社区的居民都起诉他们,他们不得不回去修复所有问题,安装除湿机。我读到过,虽然他们在全国多个市场都有业务,但我不确定是否每个市场都这么做。不过我了解到,现在霍顿公司已经在每个新建房屋里都安装了全屋除湿机。我觉得,这确实很棒,但所有开发商都该这么想才行。
Where neighborhoods, neighborhoods full of people were suing them and they had to go back and like, you know, remediate all that stuff and put dehumidifiers and I read, I don't know if they're doing it in every market because they're in a bunch of different markets, but I read in that about that, like, as a practice now, Doctor Horton will put a whole home dehumidifier in every one of their buildings like, and I ain't like, dude, I think that, you know, like that that's great for them to do it, but like all these builders need to be thinking that way.
就像我说的,我们生活在一个空调在这些房子里运行不足的世界。
Like I, we live in a world where air conditioning don't run enough with these homes.
这些建筑的标准本应能持续应对湿度问题。
It's built to the standards that they are to take care of the humidity all the time.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
这简直太荒谬了。
It's pretty ridiculous.
我的意思是,我知道我们本地和这家公司关系不错,至少在本地,这家公司的管理层是想做正确的事的。
I mean, I I know, you know, we have a pretty good relationship with that company here locally, and I would say that the leadership of that company, at least locally, wants to do the right thing.
但他们就是不懂建筑科学方面的原理。
But they just they don't understand, like, the building science aspect of it.
所以
So
这基本上就是全部了。
That's most of what it is.
我的意思是,教育,教育,再教育。
I mean, education, education, education.
这就是我们存在的原因,是的。
That's why we exist Yeah.
你知道的,现在。
You know, today.
是的。
Yeah.
所以希望他们能改变方向,做一些调整。
So hopefully they'll change course and modify a few things.
我的意思是,把风管保持在调节空间内会很有帮助。
I mean, keeping ductwork inside conditioned space would help a lot.
合理配置设备会有帮助,停止那些一直运行的排气扇,在我们的气候区也会有很大帮助。
Right sizing equipment would help a Getting rid of, you know, exhaust fans running constantly would help a lot in our climate zone.
是的,所以这是其中一点,ASHRANIE,你知道,应该允许它。
Yeah, So, that's one thing, ASHRANIE, you know, want to allow it.
他们ACCA在他们的Manual J培训中,并不将这种通风视为通风。
They ACCA, you know, in their manual J training, they don't consider that ventilation.
他们称之为额外的渗透,这就是它的定义,因为确实如此。
They call it added infiltration is what is what it's referred to because that's all it is.
比如,在低负荷计算中反映的就是这样。
Like, in in low calculation reflects that.
比如,你知道,你的通风负荷并不会增加。
Like, you know, your ventilation load does not increase.
当你在低负荷计算中持续开启排气扇时,你的渗透负荷会增加。
Your infiltration load increases when you put exhaust ventilation on a constant, you know, fan on a on a low calculation.
所以,ASHRAE需要你知道,我不确定他们是怎么想的,也许是空气进入,或者我不知道通风的具体标准是什么,但我觉得这部分应该从考虑中剔除。
So the ashtray needs you know, I don't know where they I guess, you know, air coming in or I don't know what the qualification is for ventilation, but that has to be taken out of out of the consideration, I think.
不应该允许这样。
It should not be allowed.
那么,还有一些建造商会安装空气循环器,甚至ERV系统,作为解决湿度问题的一种方式。
Well, then you also have some builders who will put either just an air cycler or even an ERV on a house as as a form of, you know, trying to solve the humidity problem.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
这可能会让情况变得更糟。
And that could just make it even worse.
对吧?
Right?
我的意思是,尤其是
I mean, it's Especially the
空气循环器。
air cycler.
是的。
Yeah.
你只是把室外的热湿空气直接排入系统,试图从中去除湿气并降低温度。
You're just dumping hot humid air from outside directly into the system and trying to pull that moisture out and drop the, you know, the the temperature.
我真的搞不懂,老兄。
It's just I don't get it, man.
我真的
I really
ERV不是除湿机。
ERVs are not dehumidifiers.
我们一直都在说,各位。
We say this all the time, people.
它没有冷凝器。
It doesn't have a condenser.
它没有排水管。
It doesn't have a drain line.
它什么都没有。
It doesn't have anything.
它只是从进气中回收一点点湿度,然后转移到排气中。
All it does is recover a little bit of the humidity from the incoming air and put it in the outgoing air.
就是这样。
That is it.
就像对吧。
Like yeah.
而且,有些设备比其他设备做得更好。
And, like, some of them do a better job than others.
进入的空气。
Coming in.
是的。
Yeah.
没错。
Exactly.
多年来,人们一直存在一个非常荒谬的误解。
It's it's a crazy, crazy misconception that's happened over the years.
比如,我刚入行的时候,很长一段时间也以为它们真的能除湿。
Like, I for a long time when I first got in this business, I did think they dehumidified.
人们就是这么向你介绍它们的,但后来我了解了它们真正的运作方式,才发现它们其实并没有那么有效。
That's how people would present them to you, but and then I learned what how they really operate, and come to find out they're not really doing that great of a job.
说实话,就像我们刚认识那会儿,大概十年前或十五年前,大家普遍认为,如果你家有湿气问题,那是因为室内新鲜空气不足。
And to be honest, I mean, like, probably ten, fifteen years ago when we met, the the I think the general consensus was if you have humidity issues, it's because you don't have enough fresh air in the house.
没错。
True.
于是他们就说,好吧,我们有这些先进的能量回收通风机和热回收通风机,那就给房子装上吧,结果问题反而更严重了。
And and so then they were like, well, we got these fancy ERVs and HRVs, so let's put that on the house, and then the problem gets worse.
他们还说,但这不是本来应该解决这个问题的吗?
And they're like, well, but that's what was supposed to solve the problem.
然后我们开始深入研究,才发现,就像你所说的,这根本就不是什么除湿机。
And like, and then we start looking into it, and it's like, well, that's just like you said, not a freaking dehumidifier.
它只是一个昂贵的空气交换装置,根本没必要用在这种用途上。
It's an expensive air exchange box that doesn't need to be used for this purpose.
老兄,我有一个特别深刻的体会:我们当时在那些老房子里面对付湿气问题特别头疼,每年夏天都这样,我们一直在找正确的通风方式。
Dude, one of my biggest moments was we were having so much trouble with the moisture in these lead houses and, like, every year, every summer, and we're trying to find the right way to ventilate ventilate them.
我当时参加了一个ResNet会议,旁听了妮基·克鲁格关于除湿机的演讲,她说:是的。
And I was at a ResNet conference, and I sat in on Nikki Krueger's, dehumidifier section session, and she's like, yeah.
我们的设备,你知道,我们的除湿机确实能通风,但很多所谓的通风型除湿机,除了Santa Fe之外,以前都是这样。
Our boxes, you know, our dehumidifiers, they ventilate, but, like, a lot of these ventilating dehumidifiers, all of them except for the Santa Fe used to.
现在April Ayers模仿了Santa Fe的做法,但其他所有被称为‘通风型’的设备都是如此。
Now April Ayers copied what Santa Fe is doing, but all of them with they called it a ventilating.
Honeywell也曾推出过一款。
Honeywell had one.
April Ayers,还有几个人也做过类似的产品。
April Ayers, a couple people had one.
他们称之为通风型除湿机。
They called it a ventilating dehumidifier.
它所做的只是除湿,这带来了一些好处,但并没有对进入的空气进行除湿,也对室内相对湿度没有任何改善。
All it did was, dehumid which was did some benefit, but it didn't dehumidified the incoming air stream and did nothing for the relative humidity in the house.
所以,屋内的湿度水平还是维持原样。
So, like, they it would still be whatever it was in the house.
所以圣塔菲对这个问题有不同的看法。
So Santa Fe thought about the problem different.
他们说,我们并不关心进入的空气流。
They said, we don't care about the incoming air stream.
我们想要维持室内的相对湿度。
We wanna maintain RH in the house.
所以,它的运作方式是:如果进入的空气含有湿气,并使室内的相对湿度超过设定值(如果你按照设计标准来操作,这个值应该是50%),那么除湿机就会根据需要启动。
And so, like, the way that works is if the air comes in and it has humidity in it and it raises the relative humidity in the house beyond the set point, which it should be 50% if you're, you know, designing the act of standards and all that, then you're then then the dehumidifier will come on as needed.
但如果它并没有提高室内的湿度,那就不是什么大问题。
But if it doesn't raise the humidity in the house, then it's not that much of a problem.
对我来说,这简直太有道理了,比其他所有那些方法都合理得多。
And I to me, that was like, man, that makes a ton of sense, way more sense than any of this other stuff.
于是我联系了妮基。
And so I got ahold of Nikki.
我请她参加我们在辛辛那提本地举办的网络研讨会,我们开始强调这一点,因为这是全屋除湿的关键要点。
I had her come to a webinar at our at our, for the rate for the local Raiders there in Cincinnati, and we just started saying, get this point because it was a point lead for whole home dehumidification.
你们在你们的路径中必须掌握这个要点,因为如果不这样,你的房子就会出现劣化问题。
Like you guys need as part of your pathway, you need to get this point, you know, because if not, your house is gonna affect degradation.
到了现在,甚至在我的设计中,我们最初用GBC做评级时,虽然评级建议是那样,但就连在设计阶段,我也会坚持这一点。
And it got to the point where now even in my design, we started with GBC when we were doing ratings, but at rate, you know, rating suggestions, but even in design, I keep it.
我们有一个签字确认表。
We have a sign off sheet.
如果你在设计中不使用除湿设备,那你必须签字确认,你已充分了解这可能引发的所有问题,因为对我来说,这事儿太重要了。
Like, if you're not gonna use dehumidification in your design, then you're gonna sign and say that you understand all the problems that it could potentially cause because to me, it's that big of a deal.
这些房子必须配备除湿设备。
Like, you gotta have it with these houses.
是的。
Yeah.
那你现在花最多时间在做什么呢?
So what are you spending most of your time doing now?
我的意思是,关于建筑科学方面的?
I mean, as far as the building science stuff?
好的。
Alright.
我们目前有三个主要的收入板块,分别是设计和调试。
So we we have three main revenue silos, which are, design and commissioning.
这是我目前的主要收入来源。
That's my main that's the main bread and butter right now.
这正是支撑我们业务运转的核心。
Like, that's running running the business.
第二个板块与设计和调试非常接近,我正在将一些能源之星项目、NGBS等业务外包给SK公司。
The second and pretty close with design and commissioning as I'm subbing out a bunch of, Energy Star projects and NGBS and stuff like that from SK.
他们在诺克斯维尔市场几乎垄断了这些业务,所以我一直在从他们那里外包这些项目。
They have the Knoxville market pretty much locked down with that stuff, so I've been subbing out a bunch of that stuff from them.
但我正试图逐步减少这部分业务,第三块是教育、培训和内容创作,这些领域在过去大约六个月里取得了飞速发展。
And then but I'm trying to go I mean, that's that is the stuff that I wanna go away from as the third branch, which is the education, training, content creation, all that stuff starts taking off, which it really has in the past probably six months leaps and bounds.
比如,我已经有赞助商支持我们的播客,我们也在开展各种培训,做很多非常棒的事情。
Like, I've got, you know, sponsors for the vodcast, and we're doing trainings and all kinds of stuff, really cool stuff.
还有,我有了网站。
And, I got the website.
实际上,你还是第一个听到我说这个的人,但我打算在十二月彻底重建网站。
Actually, you're the first person even to hear this out loud, but I've got the website getting completely redone in December.
我们正准备推出一个全新的网站,里面内置了学习管理系统。
We're getting ready to launch a brand new website that's gonna have a learning management system built into it.
所以我们将开始提供在线培训,这些课程都是‘永续性’的,一旦设置好,之后就不用再怎么维护了,如果有人想购买,随时可以。
So we're gonna start doing online trainings that are just, you know, ever call them evergreen where you don't really gotta mess with them after if people wanna buy them, they can.
如果没人买,那也没关系。
If they don't, then that's fine too.
是的。
So Yeah.
这就是我目前在所有事情上的状况。
That's that's sort of that's where I'm at right now with everything.
所以这一切都围绕着建筑科学。
So it's all building science.
这全部都是暖通空调、住宅性能方面的事情,你知道的,相关的。
It's all HVAC, home performance, you know, related.
这只是那个领域里的不同小分支。
It's just different little silos of that neighborhood.
是的。
Yeah.
我的意思是,这正是我去年开始制作课程的原因。
I mean, it's kinda why I started doing the creating the course last year.
我发现 homeowner 和建筑科学人员之间,还有普通技工、暖通空调承包商之间,确实存在差距。
It's like, I just saw a gap between certainly homeowners and building science people, but also just general tradesmen, HVAC contractors.
没错,老兄。
Percent, dude.
百分之百。
A 100%.
我觉得我可以找到一种方式接触这些人,让学习变得有趣、吸引人,并结合他们遇到的实际问题,这样,我希望我能帮助很多人。
And it's like, I can find a way to reach these people, make it fun to learn, and make it interesting, and apply it to the symptoms that they're having, then, you know, hopefully, I can help a bunch of people.
而且,你知道,我可能赚点钱,也可能赚不到。
And, you know, maybe I make some money, maybe I don't.
真的不是这样。
It really wasn't.
我一开始并不是打算靠这个赚大钱。
I didn't start it with the intention of make making a bunch of money on it.
我主要是觉得这个想法挺棒的。
It was really more of like, I think this is a cool idea.
我想看看能把它走多远。
I'm gonna see how far I can run with it.
而且,我会继续做下去。
And, you know, I'm gonna continue to work on it.
所以,我也喜欢你正在做的事情。
So I I like what you're doing too.
听起来很相似。
It sounds like similar.
是的,非常接近。
Yeah, it's real close.
这就是我想要邀请你的原因。
That's why I wanted to have you on.
我觉得你重新投入这件事真是太棒了。
Was like, I thought it was so cool that you're jumping back in.
不过我觉得,以我们的年纪来说,这正是关键。
And I think at our age though, like that is the thing.
我们现在有很多可以贡献的东西,因为我们经历过实战的磨练。
Like we got a lot to offer now that we, you know, we've we've learned trial by fire.
我们什么都干过了。
We've done it all.
我不会说我们什么都干过,因为没人能什么都干过,但我们确实积累了大量的住宅性能方面的经验,而且我们都参加过NCI的培训和再培训,等等这些。
We've done I won't say we've done it all because nobody's done it all, but we've done a lot of home performance and, you know, we've we've both taken the NCI trainings and retraining and all that stuff.
所以我们的脑子里有很多知识可以分享出去,尤其是我觉得,暖通空调行业现在比以往更开始关注住宅性能了,我想尽可能为他们搭起这座桥梁。
So there's a lot of knowledge in our brains to get out to people, you know, especially like, I think that the HVAC crowd is starting to lean into home performance a little more than they used to, and I wanna be able to bridge that gap for them as much as possible.
我觉得他们开始这样想真是太好了,而且技术确实很适合推动他们走向这个方向,因为现在技术已经普及了,一切都围绕着最佳实践,年轻人就会问:‘技术在哪呢?’
Like, I think that that is great that they are starting to think that way, And I think technology, really lends itself to pushing them that way because now that the technology is out, it all centers around best practices and the kids are like, hey, where's the technology at?
所以这两者之间配合得非常好。
So it just like plays into each other very well.
所以我想参与其中,你知道的?
So I want to be a part of that, you know?
这就是我这么做的原因。
That's why I'm doing it.
说到技术方面,我觉得现在行业中有很多年轻从业者,他们习惯使用应用程序、软件和其他工具,他们真的很想了解。
Well, and to the technology piece, I think you've got a lot of young trade young people in the trades now who are used to using apps and software and different tools and stuff like that, and they they want to know.
对吧?
Right?
所以如果你能从历史的角度告诉他们我们走过的路、我们达到的成就,并让他们珍惜并真正使用这些工具,你就能取得进展。
So if you can teach them from a historical standpoint where we've been, where we got to, and like make them appreciate these tools that they got and actually use them, you're going to make some headways.
而且希望他们能意识到,这个行业目前仍然由大量和我们年龄相仿、接近退休年龄的人主导,对吧?
And hopefully, they can like I think the industry is still dominated by a lot of people between our age and retirement age, right?
但很多人并不一定想改变他们目前的做法。
And a lot of those people don't necessarily want to change what they're doing.
但如果他们能接触到一些精通这些技术的工程师,就可以开始在公司里实施这些工具,改变他们的工作方式,更好地服务客户。
But maybe if they get some techs that are really savvy at this stuff, they can start implementing these things into their companies and start changing the way that they do things and helping their customers more.
因为,我的意思是,当我第一次了解到Matterport的三维扫描技术时,我就想,如果能有红外版本的该有多酷啊?
Because, I mean, you know, I imagined when I first learned about the whole Matterport three d scanning of things, I was like, Man, wouldn't it be cool if they had an infrared version of this?
如果还能把扫描结果直接转换成平面图,再进一步转换成暖通负荷计算,那就太棒了,而我们现在就在这里。
And wouldn't it be cool if they had a way to just convert that into a blueprint and then convert that into a heating cooling load calculation, and we're here.
我的意思是,是的。
Mean, with Yeah.
我们已经有了。
We have it.
这些技术都已经存在了,你知道的。
There's all that exists, and that's you know?
这些正在到来。
That's coming.
红外三维扫描现在存在吗?
Does the infrared three d thing exist now?
什么?
To what?
扫描一栋房子?
Scan a house?
用类似Matterport的三维技术,但带红外功能来扫描房子?
Scan a house in three d like Matterport with with infrared?
是的。
Yeah.
这叫Conduit技术。
It's called conduit tech.
带红外功能?
With infrared?
是的。
Yeah.
哦,不是红外线。
Oh, not infrared.
是激光雷达。
It's LIDAR.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
红外线。
Infrared.
是的。
Yeah.
如果你特指红外线,那没有。
If you're saying specifically infrared, no.
但说到LiDAR,你看过Conduit Tech吗?
But like LiDAR though, have you seen Conduit Tech?
是的。
Yeah.
我看过那个软件。
I've seen I've seen the software.
我还没实际操作过
I haven't actually played with
它。
it yet.
好的。
Okay.
所以你需要弄个演示来试试。
So you need to get a demo of that and do it.
你会喜欢的,老兄。
You're gonna love it, dude.
所以,它真的能进行扫描。
So, like, it literally will scan.
你拿着这个,我马上要举办一场网络研讨会。
You it take this, and this is like, I have a a webinar coming out.
等它播出的时候,就已经结束了。
It'll air by the time.
但我会推出一场名为《你的暖通空调超能力,以及你为何尚未拥有它》的网络研讨会。
It'll be over with by the time this airs, but I have a webinar coming out called Your HVAC Superpower and Why You May Not Have It Yet.
其中会介绍Conduit Tech、另一款名为NoSolabs的暖通空调AI助手,还有MeasureQuick。
And so it features Conduit Tech, another software called NoSolabs, which is HVAC AI assistant, and then MeasureQuick.
所以,基本概念是,如果你使用这三样工具,就能随时像透视一样看清房子里的情况,你知道吧?
So basically, the concept is like, if you use these three things, you have x-ray vision of what's going on in the house at all times, you know?
但Conduit Tech真的能让你在十五分钟内搞定,兄弟。
But Conduit Tech will allow you literally fifteen minutes, bro.
我可不是在开玩笑。
I'm not even joking.
比如你检查背面,背面会有一点显示。
Like if you do the back, there's a little on the back.
所以有两种方法可以操作。
So there's two ways you can do it.
第一种,它内置了建筑各个领域最常见的参数。
One, it has all the most common for every area of construction.
它内置了建筑各个领域最常见的热力模型。
It has all the most common thermal profiles for every area of construction programmed in it.
所以如果你不知道,或者不想花时间去仔细查明,只要房屋没有改动,它就会为你做出相当不错的默认假设,而你知道,房屋几乎从来都没变过。
So if you don't know or you're not going to take the time to really find out, it makes some pretty good assumptions for you as long as nothing's been changed in the house, which you know is pretty much all the time.
我不太喜欢依赖这些默认假设,但如果你非得用它,它也确实存在。
So I'm not a big fan of the assumptions, but if you got to use it, it's there.
另一种方式是我们实际培训中所教授的,叫做通过Conduit Tech实现的永久性负荷降低。
The other way is like, we're actually the training that we're teaching is called permanent load reduction through the eyes of conduit tech.
它基本上是在教授手动J负荷计算的步骤,同时让你在扫描过程中,能够查看房屋的每一个要素,从而发现房屋性能提升的机会,也就是所谓的负荷降低机会。
So it's basically teaching the steps of doing a manual J load calculation, but also being able to look at each one of the elements of the home and expose home performance opportunities or AKA load reduction opportunities while you're doing the scan.
但如果你已经拥有所有这些信息,并在出门前或坐在桌旁时就输入进去,一旦你收集完毕,无论需要多长时间,那都是另一个流程。
But if you had all that information already and you put it in before you went out there or you put it in right where you're sitting at the table, if if you have it, once you collected it, however long that takes, that's a different process.
我不是在说那个。
I'm not talking about that.
但无论你需要多长时间来获取正确信息,一旦你把这些数据输入软件,大约只需五分钟就能填完所有小字段。
But however long it takes you to get the correct information, once you put that into the software, it takes about five minutes to put it in all the little fields.
一旦完成这些,十五分钟内,你就可以走完一栋3000平方英尺的房子,获得完整的三维扫描、完整的负荷计算,以及一个可导出的、已按比例和标注尺寸的二维扫描结果。
Once you do that, fifteen minutes, you can walk through a 3,000 square foot house and have a full three d scan, a full load calculation, and a full two d scan that's exportable out of it with it scaled and dimensioned and everything for you.
十五分钟。
Fifteen minutes.
而且是的。
And Yeah.
你拥有
You have
全部。
it all.
是的
Yeah.
这简直会让你大吃一惊。
Like, it will blow your mind.
我的意思是,我也想参与进去。
That's I mean, I wanna get in on that.
我不知道他需要做什么才能注册之类的,但我知道我的客户愿意为这种服务付费,因为别人都不做这个。
And I don't know what he needed to do to sign up or whatever, but I I know that my clients would pay for that kind of thing because nobody else is doing it
我这里没人这么做,我跟所有人都说,他们都被这东西震撼到了,老兄。
around here that I'm looking Yeah, all, I'm telling people are blown away by it, dude.
他们看到你操作的时候,我会说:嘿,过来看看这个。
They see you doing, I'm like, Hey, come here and look at it.
你能亲眼看到设备在扫描,老兄。
You could see the thing scanning, dude.
还记得以前舒适研究所总说:搞大型展示,把仪器交到他们手上。
It's just like, remember back in the day, Comfort Institute always said, The big show, teach the big show, get the instruments in their hand.
这东西也是同样的道理,老兄。
It's the same way with this stuff, dude.
人们都会说,哇,这太疯狂了。
People are like, wow, that's crazy.
你知道的?
You know?
一旦他们看到了,就会觉得你真的做了些了不起的事。
Once they see it, they're like, you really did something there.
这又是另一个
And that's another
我一直在我的视频中强调的一点是,你可以掌握所有这些知识。
thing that I've really tried to emphasize, like, in my videos that I put out is, like, you can know all this stuff.
你可以像任何人一样精通建筑科学。
You can know as much building science as anybody else.
但如果你无法向客户解释清楚,如果他们听不懂你在说什么,那你根本无法前进。
But if you can't explain it to the customer, if they don't understand what you're saying, then you're not going anywhere.
你根本没法把这份工作卖出去。
You're not gonna, like, sell the job.
你没法说服他们进行大规模翻新,因为你根本没把意思传达清楚。
You're not gonna be able to convince them to do some big renovation because you're just not translating.
没错。
Right.
你没有建立起情感上的联系。
You're not creating an emotional connection.
我的意思是,我在一次中西部能源会议上做过一个演讲,主题就是情感联系与销售,我做了大量研究,实际上神经科学表明,人们是先凭情感做决定,然后再用逻辑来合理化,而不是反过来。
I mean, that's what I I do at one of those Midwest Energy conferences, I did a session one time about emotional connection and sales, and I did a bunch of research on it, and literally neuroscience says people make their decisions with emotions and then they justify it with logic, not the other way around.
所以,如果你找不到办法把你做的事情和他们的房屋、他们的情感福祉联系起来,那很可能你根本签不到单。
So if you don't find some way to connect what you're doing to their house to their emotional well-being, then you're probably not gonna get the cell.
是的,完全对。
Yeah, exactly.
我是说,你下周要去参加NCI吗?
Yeah, I mean, are you going to NCI next week?
是的,我会去的。
Yeah, I'll be there.
实际上,我拿到了一份NCI奖学金。
I got one of the NCI scholarships, actually.
我申请了,他们给了我一份。
I applied for it and they gave me one.
原本没考虑过,但尼克联系了我,问了一些关于会议的事,他说我们有一些奖学金,本来不在预算内。
It wasn't on my radar, but Nick had sort of reached out to me and was asking about some sessions and he's like, you know, we got these scholarships if, you know, wasn't in the budget.
我就申请了,结果他们给了我一份,所以我会去。
And I applied, and they gave me one, so I'll I'll be
那到时候见。
see you there.
我整个星期都会在那儿。
I'll be there all week.
好的。
Yeah.
我来介绍一下,有个叫温斯顿的人,他是温斯顿·芝士。
I'll introduce there's this guy, Winston, who's a he, Winston Cheese.
他是这个播客的赞助商之一,他开发了一款叫NoSO的软件。
He he's one of the sponsors of the podcast, and he has this, software called NoSO.
这玩意儿是个AI助手,专门用于暖通空调系统,太牛了。
It's an HVAC, as a AI assistant, dude.
这东西简直疯狂。
The shit is crazy.
它能接入你的ERP系统。
Like, it will a, it plugs into your ERP.
ServiceTitan是其中较大的一个ERP系统。
So ServiceTitan are one of the bigger ERPs.
它会学习你所有的客户信息、他们的预约安排等等。
It learns all your clients and, what their appointments are and stuff like that.
当技术人员前往预约地点时,它会通过AI语音摘要告诉他需要联系谁、去干什么、需要完成哪些任务等等。
It will give your tech on the way to the appointment a AI voice summary of the appointment telling him who he needs to talk to, what he's there for, what he needs to do, all that stuff.
他到达后,系统会开启常驻功能。
Once he gets there, it has an always on feature.
记录整个销售通话或服务通话。
Records the entire sales call or the entire service call.
当你坐到桌前时,它已经准备好了一份销售提案或服务摘要,可以呈现给客户。
By the time you sit down at the table, it has either a sales proposal or a summary of service to present to the client.
此外,作为助手,它内置了超过一千万条暖通空调文档,你可以拍摄照片或输入你所处理设备的型号,它会精准找到对应的用户手册——无论是需要接线图、燃烧信息,还是其他任何可用资料,它都会为该设备自动检索并提供给你。
And then for, and as an assistant, it has over 15,000,000 pieces of HVAC documentation programmed into it, so you can take a picture or create a text with model number of what you're working on, and it finds the exact model owner's manual for the exact thing that you're doing if you're trying to wire it, if you need a wiring diagram, if you need combustion information, whatever's available, it'll grab it for that piece of equipment and give it to you.
这太棒了。
That's awesome.
是的,老兄。
Yeah, dude.
所以他之所以说这些,是因为他要来参加这次会议。
So he'll be the point of saying all that is he's coming to the conference.
我会介绍你们认识。
I'll introduce you to him.
他真的很酷,是个科技圈的人,但后来深入了暖通空调行业,而且干得特别出色。
He's a really cool like, dude is from the tech space, but he just leaned in the HVAC and, like, it they're they're killing it.
太疯狂了。
It's crazy.
是的。
Yeah.
我觉得这类技术对这个行业来说非常令人兴奋,你知道,就在过去几年,我认为未来五年随着这类技术的实施,人们将能更快地找到切实的解决方案,更快地培训人员,给他们提供可以充分利用、迅速上手并真正成长的工具。
I think all this kind of stuff is really exciting with for this industry, you know, just the last couple of years, and I think the next five years are going be huge with the implementation of this type of tech and the ability for people to get to real solutions a lot faster and be able to train people a lot faster, I think, and just give them these tools that they can utilize that they can run with and actually grow with.
培训这一块非常重要。
The training piece of it's huge.
我刚才跟一个人聊了聊,不是在聊天。
I was just talking to a guy, not talking.
我之前邀请的一位嘉宾,叫罗布·拉森,我在Measure Quick培训会上认识的。
I did an another guest that I had on right before you, a guy, Rob Larson, that I met at the Measure Quick Training.
他是一家分销公司的总经理。
He's a works for he is a general manager of a distributorship.
这正是我想表达的。
That's what I'm trying to say.
他谈到了培训方面,还有像Measure Quick这样的工具。
He was talking about the training aspect and just like Measure Quick.
他说,天啊,我们现在劳动力严重短缺,必须能够把一个18岁的高中生从学校直接拉出来,只要他拿到通用认证,几周内就能上手干活——这才是这个行业持续运转所需要的。
He's like, dude, we have such a labor shortage right now that we need to be able to take an 18 year old out of high school and once he gets his his universal have him functional in a couple weeks like that's what we need for this industry to keep, you know, working right.
他说,如果我们不解决劳动力问题,一切都会崩盘。
He's like, if not, the shit's gonna fall apart if we don't get the labor thing solved.
他说,所以Measure Quick。
He's like, so measure quick.
他说,这真的让这一切成为可能,它能教学。
He's like that actually makes that possible like it teach.
你不需要让他们完整地读完技校、掌握所有概念;只要让他们通过通用认证,学会足够的压力和温度知识,能安全操作就行。
You don't have to get them all the way through a track school and have them understand every single concept like you get them their universal that teaches them enough about pressures and temperatures to make them dangerous.
然后你把Measure Quick交到他们手里,让他们直接去现场工作。
And then you put measure quick in their hand and you get them out in the field.
他说,测量快速工具会搞定剩下的部分。
He's like, and that's he's like, measure quick will do the rest.
他说,他们现在不需要知道为什么。
He's like, they don't need to know the how right now.
他们现在只需要知道怎么做。
They just or the why right now.
他们只需要知道怎么做。
They just need to know the how.
他可以随时学习怎么做。
He's like, can learn the how anytime.
这对我来说就像灵光一闪。
That was like like light bulb moment for me.
我说,老兄,你说得对。
I'm like, dude, you're right.
这确实是我们应该利用技术的方式。
That is what we need to be using the technology for for sure.
没错。
Exactly.
太棒了。
That's awesome.
我的意思是,这让我对这个行业能够真正转型并朝着正确方向发展充满希望,因为我觉得长期以来,一直是我们这样的人在努力推动它前进,却不断碰壁,看到的始终是同样的结果。
I mean, that gives me a lot of hope that this industry can actually pivot and move in the right direction because I feel like it's just been people like us trying to pull it along for the longest time and just banging your head against the wall and seeing the same results constantly over and over.
希望这能开始改变。
So hopefully this will start to change.
所以我在LinkedIn上有点参与了一场讨论——我不说争论吧,但确实有分歧,有人发了一篇关于暖通空调系统的其他研究,你知道的,这些系统投入使用后,Duck Leagues会影响它。
That's why I'm in a little bit of a like, I won't say argument, but discussion on LinkedIn about like, somebody posted some other study about the HVAC, you know, these systems go in, Duck Leagues affects it.
我说,老兄,我们不需要另一项研究。
I'm like, dude, well, we don't need another study.
我受够了这些不断进行的研究。
Like, I'm sick of all these studies that they're doing.
我们需要的是行动。
Like, we need action.
我们已经有过无数项研究了。
Like, we've had study after study.
整个行业都知道问题出在哪里。
Everybody in the industry knows what the problems are.
我们真的不需要再多那些该死的研究了。
Like, we don't need no more damn studies.
能源部要是真想做点什么,就拿点钱来把这些工人培训起来吧,老兄。
DOE wants to do something, put some money into getting these guys trained up, dude.
你知道的。
You know?
对。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
那你认为呢?
So what do you think?
我很好奇。
I'm curious.
你认为如何才能让更多信息人接受这个行业培训?
What do you think is the solution to get more people trained in this industry?
因为我的意思是,我们
Because I mean We
我们必须从高中入手,我的意思是,你看,我不想谈政治或者类似的东西,但特朗普确实大力推动了技工行业,把这当成大事来做,这才是正确的做法。
gotta go in the high I mean, we just got like, you know, like, I don't I don't wanna get political or or anything like that, but, like, Trump leaned into the trades, he's, like, making it a big deal, and that's the right thing to do.
我们需要重返高中,让人们重新对从事技工工作感到自豪,并在高中阶段重新开始培训他们。
We need to get back into the high schools, make people feel good about working in the trades and start training them up in the high schools again.
我的意思是,这确实是解决这个问题的唯一办法,因为长期以来,技工职业被污名化了,只是为了推广高等教育和大学,才让人觉得这是一条低人一等的赚钱途径,现在它背负着负面的含义。
Like, I mean, that is the only way to fix the problem, man, because they've it's been demonized for so long as like a less than way to make money just for the promotion of higher education and and the colleges and stuff that now be, you know, it had a bad connotation to it.
我们必须让人们对技工职业重新产生正面的看法,让他们开始把这看作是孩子真正可行的职业道路。
Like, we gotta get it back on the good side of things with people so that they start, you know, seeing it as a path, true pathway for their kids.
这才是关键。
Like, that's that's the thing.
而且,事实上,很多人负担不起大学学费。
Well, that and frankly, a lot of people can't afford college.
这也是。
That too.
这又是另一件愚蠢透顶的事。
That's another whole big dumbass thing.
是的。
Yeah.
花上几万、甚至几十万美元去读学位,却找不到工作,即使找到了工作,收入也还不起学生贷款。
Spend tens of thousands, hundreds of thousand dollars on degrees, and you can't get a job, and the job that you do get doesn't pay back the student loans that you took out.
是的。
Yeah.
所有这些。
All that.
永远负债累累。
Just perpetually in debt.
所以我认为,从事技术行业是一个真正的机遇,或许能领先于这些人。
So it's a real opportunity, I think, to be in the trades and hopefully get out in front of these guys.
但说实话,据我所知,肯塔基州只有一个地方教授建筑科学,而且内容也不够全面,所以每个州的情况都不同。
But yeah, mean, like Kentucky only has, I don't know, one place that teaches building science that I'm aware of and it's not really very comprehensive and so like there's state
按州来看。
by state.
所以,你是说你打算建立一个培训中心吗?
So, you're saying you're about to build a training center?
我不是这个意思。
That's not what I'm saying.
我就坐在这里,从我的办公室做这件事,和你这样的人合作,在线培训。
I'm I'm a sit right here and do this thing from my office and you know, work with people like you to train online.
我完全没有兴趣建造培训设施。
I have no desire to build a training facility.
不过,我很乐意去那里教课。
I would love to help teach there, though.
是的,我也是。
Yeah, me too.
我在想,我跟社区学院谈过,我就问他们:嘿,你们为啥不加一门这样的课程呢?
There's I'm thinking that I've talked to the community college, and that's just I, you know, I've asked them about like, Hey, why don't you add this little course on?
你知道的。
You know?
我不需要教你们完整的暖通空调课程,比如基础内容,但我确实有一些东西觉得他们应该听听。
Don't wanna teach your whole HVAC school, like, the basics, but I do have some stuff I think they need to hear.
对。
Yeah.
甚至工程学校或者建筑学院也一样。
And, like, even engineering schools, like or architecture schools.
我很乐意去当个客座讲师之类的,分享我的经验,谈谈人们进入行业时忽略的东西——建筑师们只设计好看的东西,却忘了框架结构,或者风管该放在哪儿,诸如此类的事情。
I'd I'd love to, you know, be a guest speaker or whatever and just talk about the experience that I have and what people miss when they get into the trades, architects, they just design things that look pretty, but they forget about the framing aspect of it or where the ductwork's supposed to go and, you know, all that kind of stuff.
对于建筑师来说,我跟你说吧。
There's just For the architects, I'll tell you look.
所以我联系了当地的美国建筑师学会代表,问他:嘿。
So I just reached out to the local AIA rep, American Institute of Architecture, and asked him, hey.
我可以为你们的团体举办一场线下培训,讲讲高性能暖通空调,以及它在设计中应该如何被看待吗?
Can I put on a webinar, for your group and, you know, talk you know, not a webinar, but a train in person training about high performance HVAC and, you know, how it should be looked at in design and all that stuff?
如果我是你,我会去跟他们谈谈。
And so if I was you, I'd talk to them.
他跟我说:是的,老兄。
Like, he's like, he goes, Yeah, man.
这太棒了。
This is great.
我们有人愿意赞助这个活动。
We have people that'll sponsor this.
我们有场地,一切都没问题。
We have a place to put it on everything.
所以他正帮我安排,面向整个诺克斯维尔的建筑师群体。
So he's getting me in front of, like, a whole group of AIA architects from Knoxville, dude.
所以他们一直在寻找继续教育学分。
So that that's something they're they're always looking for CEUs.
如果你上网或者问ChatGPT,帮忙写一份AIA继续教育学分提案,它会告诉你该怎么设置。
If you if you go online or chat GPT and you say, help me write a AIA CEU proposal, It'll show you how it has to be set up.
这并不难。
It's not hard.
只需要包含一些必学要点和其他几项内容即可。
It's just like learning points that have to be in there and a few other things.
然后把提案交给那些人。
Then put it in front of those guys.
他们会帮你提交,给你安排一场讲座,老兄。
They'll submit it and get you a session, dude.
是的,这实际上也是这门课程的一个目标,就是要为我们自己创建。
Yeah, that was actually one of the points of the the course was actually gonna create us.
我原本计划再开发一个针对技工人员的课程版本,并为其申请继续教育学分。
I was gonna create planning to still create a secondary version of the course that's more targeted towards tradespeople and get CEU approved for it.
大概可以
Can probably
这很重要。
get That's important.
我本可以申请把当前课程认证为继续教育学分,然后走这条路,但说实话,我最近太忙了,需要更多帮助。
I could probably get the current course approved for CEUs and just go down that path, but frankly, I've just been too busy and I need more help.
嘿,伙计。
That's hey, dude.
我完全明白你的意思。
I I I know exactly what you mean.
我以前是单打独斗,虽然你可能有其他帮助,但我连个助理都没有。
I I was solo solo, and I'm sure you got other help, but I didn't even have an assistant.
一旦有个人帮我,意义就大不一样了。
Once I got one person helping me, it meant so much.
所以,嘿,有个人帮我处理这些我总是拖着没做的小事情,真的很有帮助,你知道吧?
So, like, hey, it was helping to push me this little stuff that I'm trying to do that I always get to get to forward a bunch, you know?
是的。
Yeah.
这只是一个优先级和落实执行的问题。
It's just a matter of prioritization and putting it in place and making it happen.
对吧?
Right?
确实如此。
It's true.
醒过来,去做吧。
Wake up and do it.
我的意思是,关键是要行动起来。
I mean, that's it's showing up.
我认为,这才是重要的。
That's what matters, I think.
是的。
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
酷,老兄。
Cool, man.
说吧。
Go ahead.
但我只是想说,我们马上就要到时间了,就几分钟后。
But I just wanted to say we're running up on the time, here in just a few minutes.
所以告诉我你想说什么。
So tell me what you got to say.
我可以聊任何话题,老兄。
I can talk about whatever, man.
这真是美好的
It's been a good
我们开始吧。
Let's do this.
这通常是我在这里所有访谈结束时要做的事。
This is what I usually do at the end of all my, sessions here.
所以这是一个非常棒的小练习。
So this is a really cool little exercise.
世界即将终结。
The world's getting ready to end.
你知道它终将结束,但在某个时刻,文明将会重启。
You know it's gonna end, but at some point, civilization is gonna restart.
地球上最后一个人让你给下一个文明留一条信息。
The last person on Earth asked you to leave a message for the next civilization.
你会在墙上写什么?
What do you write on the wall?
这是什么鬼问题?
What the hell kind of a question is that?
这是一面墙
It's a wall of
我该为下一个文明在墙上写什么?
What do I write on the wall for the next civilization?
天哪。
Oh my gosh.
老天,不是所有事情都得政治化。
Man, everything doesn't have to be political.
不是所有事情都得变成争论。
Everything doesn't have to be an argument.
不是所有事情,你知道的,都非得是这一方对那一方。
Everything, you know, doesn't have to be, you know, one side versus the other.
人与人之间有这么多共同点,我认为只要回归基本,就存在共识——不管你对信仰有什么看法,或者别的什么,但上帝创造了这个星球。
There's so much commonality amongst people, and there's, I think, common ground that, if you just and if you just get back to basics and, like, I don't know what you how you feel about your faith or, you know, whatever, but, God created this planet.
他创造我们所有人,是为了一个更大的目标。
He created us all for a bigger purpose, frankly.
如果你的一生只专注于赚钱、追求成就、地位或类似的东西,却不成长、不帮助他人、不关爱邻舍,至少不努力成为更好的人。
And if your entire life is focused on just making money or achieving things or status or whatever and you're not growing, you're not helping other people, you're not loving your neighbor, at least trying to get better as a person.
总是攻击另一方,说这个人一无是处之类的。
And it's just always about attack the other side, and this person's trash or whatever.
社会迟早会再次崩溃。
Like, society just will fall apart again.
你必须采取不同的方式。
Like, you you you have to take a different approach.
我真的觉得,我们国家的开国先贤们在建立美国时就有这样的初衷,我认为他们会对我们今天所处的状况感到震惊。
And I really feel like our country's found founders had this intention when they started The United States, and I think that they would be appalled at the situation that we're in today.
我 definitely 会这么觉得。
I definitely would.
天哪,真的。
But my gosh, man.
我们拥有如此多的潜力,这里有这么多人,还有那么多想来这里的人,如果我们能停止被应用程序、政客等各种因素操纵和分裂,他们本可以共同实现很多成就。
We have so much potential with the people that are here and the people that wanna come here and, do the things that they could achieve together if we could stop allowing ourselves to be manipulated and divided by apps and politicians and whatever.
这真的太让人疲惫了。
It's just it's so draining.
说实话,我已经不得不关掉新闻了。
And I've just had to turn off the news, frankly.
我不再看新闻了
I don't watch the news that
anymore.
much anymore.
我也不看任何主流媒体的内容。
I don't watch any mainstream stuff.
我也退出了Facebook,不过偶尔还是会上去看看
And I got off Facebook, except I'm on there, you know, occasionally for
我知道。
I know.
主要是为了处理一些工作事务。
Business stuff.
但我这辈子再也不会在Facebook上评论任何东西了。
But I do not comment on anything on Facebook any ever in my life again.
这太有毒了。
It's toxic.
所以,如果你能回归基本,照顾好自己的身体、心智和灵魂,互相帮助成长,而不是总想着彼此对抗,那就好了。
And so, you know, if if you could just get back to basics, take care of your body, take care of your mind, take care of your soul, you know, help each other grow, together, and stop trying to just constantly fight against each other, man.
作为社会、作为社区,你们会变得更好,走得更远。
You're gonna get so much better, so much farther as a society, as a neighborhood.
我的意思是,就你身边的人而言,最终你会帮助更多人过上更好的生活。
I mean, just the people around you, you're gonna help more people live better lives at the end of the day.
太棒了,老兄。
That was awesome, dude.
在我们结束之前,告诉大家你在哪里可以找到你,有什么想推广的,或者任何想宣传的,尽管说吧。
So before we go, tell everybody where they can find you at, anything you want to plug, any kind of promo you want to do, go ahead and tell the world.
是的,老兄。
Yeah, man.
主要网站是 learnhomecomfort.com。
So, the main site is learnhomecomfort.com.
这基本上就是我的博客网站。
And that's kind of my my blog site.
你也可以通过它访问我所有的社交媒体。
You can also get to all my socials.
我在Instagram、Facebook和LinkedIn上都有账号。
I'm on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn.
我还没上TikTok。
Haven't got on TikTok yet.
人们一直劝我去做。
People keep telling me to do it.
我只是觉得
I just I'm
我没在上面。
not on there.
但你目标是接触房主,所以这可能是个不错的选择,我正想
But you're trying to reach homeowners, so that might be a I'm trying to
触达 homeowners。
reach homeowners.
所以我认为最终我会重新利用我的内容。
So I think eventually I will probably repurpose my content.
但你可以通过我的社交媒体关注我。
But you can get on my socials there.
网址是 ericmyhomecomfortadvisor.com。
It's ericmyhomecomfortadvisor.com.
而且,是的,YouTube 频道和所有其他社交媒体都叫 At Home Comfort Advisors。
And, yeah, YouTube channel's also pretty much all the socials are At Home Comfort Advisors.
所以,如果你有兴趣加入我的这段旅程,想成为我节目的嘉宾,或者有内容、话题希望我探讨,随时联系我。
So if you're interested in, joining me on this journey, if you wanna be a guest on one of my shows, if you have some content or you have some, topics that you'd like for me to talk about or dive into, you know, just reach out.
我很乐意帮助你。
I'd be happy to help you.
太棒了,兄弟。
Awesome, man.
谢谢你,Eric,来参加我们的节目,和你聊天真是太棒了。
Thank you, Eric, for joining us, and it was awesome catching up with you.
我非常期待看到你继续这段旅程的后续发展。
I am, anxious to see the rest of your journey as you continue it.
是的。
Yeah.
我迫不及待想下周和你见面了。
I can't wait to hang out next week.
当然。
Absolutely.
期待告诉你。
Looking forward to tell you.
我下周上你的节目。
I'm on your show next week.
是下周吗?
Is that next week?
那就是下周。
That's next week.
哦,还有那个NCI。
Oh, and that NCI.
没错。
That's right.
NCI,NCI。
NCI NCI.
我想我还需要帮你安排一下你的节目。
I still need to get your show scheduled, I think.
是的,你需要。
You do.
是的。
Yeah.
对。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
到那时应该是九月或十月,随便吧。
It'll be September, October at this point, whatever.
好的。
Okay.
太棒了。
Cool.
那我们下周再联系。
We'll catch up next week then.
我和你一起聚一聚。
I I and hang out.
我非常期待。
I'm looking forward to that.
太棒了。
It's awesome.
关于 Bayt 播客
Bayt 提供中文+原文双语音频和字幕,帮助你打破语言障碍,轻松听懂全球优质播客。